Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The "Kellogg Boycott" Is it for real?

My two stupidest Facebook "friends" are both very invested in this boycott of Kellogg's products because the CEO said people in dire financial straits should eat cereal for dinner.

I guess. They both post about it at least twice a day, usually linking to TikToks by some big lady who drones on an on about it while seeming to promote Aldi as an alternative.

I have Googled, and no legit news source has anything to say about it.

Is this just more bullshit these gals fall for head first?

For context: every December, one of them posts a meme or two about how candy canes are a Christian symbol for Christmas because if you turn them upside-down, the are a "J" for Jesus. The "War on Christmas" forced Godly people to turn them upside-down to hide their true meaning.

She's that level dumb.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 1:50 PM

Back when I was in college I would sometimes eat a bowl of cereal for dinner because I didn't really have money left for that month to buy more groceries. I knew it was basically very low in nutrition but it was that or go to bed hungry that night. Later I figured out I can have pasta, frozen veggies and sardines instead which were the same price but I would be eating actual food.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 12:58 PM

These are your friends?

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 12:59 PM

I vowed not to buy them anymore. I've been avoiding all the greedflation/shrinkflation consumer goods brands for one reason or another, but this stupidity put Kelloggs to the front of the line. Easy to buy store brands and generics. Special K ain't that Special.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 1:10 PM

Like the global elite cabal pedophiles around every corner (and in Walmart parking lots) coming to get their gas stoves and kiddos, this is also a very real ISSUE to a certain demographic, OP.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 1:24 PM

But if I don't eat my Kellogg's cereal I'll spend all of my time masturbating!

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 1:26 PM

This bullshit makes me want to go buy several boxes of Kellogg’s.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2024 1:37 PM

[Quote]But if I don't eat my Kellogg's cereal I'll spend all of my time masturbating!

Oops, R5, I eat Kellogg's cereal and still masturbate all the time. 😉

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 1:49 PM

Haven't bought cereal in years. Occasionally, I will buy oatmeal at the local coffee shop because it's only about $4.00.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 1:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!