Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Indian content in Instagram feed

Has anyone else experienced this? Overnight a couple of days ago my Insta feed was suddenly full of Indian reels and not just any reels but reels of deformed children. It’s truly disturbing. I have never searched on this content and I keep blocking and reporting but it keeps coming. My algorithm is fucked up.

Any clues about how to fix this?

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 2:30 PM

Block everything then, right?

Sun, sun, sun here it comes..

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 6:47 AM

[quote] my Insta feed was suddenly full of Indian reels and not just any reels but reels of deformed children.

I’m going to trust Instagram on this one that based on your online and other activity they know what your interests are.

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 6:53 AM

When I click on the search in Instagram, the algorithm presents a wall of young men in swimsuits, singlets, Lycra, short shorts, or towels. I never actively searched for those things either, but I am not disappointed by the results.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 6:57 AM

Yeah well good luck with trusting Insta on that R2. My tastes don’t run to children with no eyes or limbs - YMMV.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 7:04 AM

OP, the algorithm could be somewhat off, if you have an eye for deformed adults and it’s showing you children instead. It could also be something else.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 7:09 AM

Thanks (I guess) R5 but I have no interest in either.

I checked out Quora and Reddit and it seems that this is relatively common but nobody has any explanation or any way to fix it apart from trying to reset the algorithm by blocking this stuff while liking the stuff that I actually like - pretty much my friends’ posts and that’s it.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2024 7:15 AM

Some parents chop off limbs for more successful begging. Their children’s limbs.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 7:43 AM

I don't use Instagram, but what the heck is a "reel"?

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 12:56 PM

Can you clear out your cache? Also, I thought if you go into settings you can basically do a reset with the algorithm? Maybe I’m getting that mixed up with TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 2:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!