Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Courtney Love releasing a podcast through BBC Radio 6

Will you bitches be listening? Will it ever even come to fruition?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2024 7:35 PM

Very cool

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 4:00 AM

I heard her interviewed on another podcast recently. She’s batshit.

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 4:02 AM

I hope it comes out. I’ll listen

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 4:02 AM

R3 I will too. Honestly, I'd listen to rambling hours-long voice memos from her if she made them public. I find her fascinating and funny to listen to. There is so much chaos in her interviews, but if you know enough about her life, there is a weird logic to a lot of her rambling. If you don't know much about her or her background, you won't be able to connect the dots/references in most cases. I still go on YouTube semi-regularly and listen back to her extensive visits and call-ins to the Howard Stern Show during her crack phase in the mid-2000s. It's gold.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 4:06 AM

I love that crazy bitch. Of course I’ll listen to her.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 4:07 AM

Why are her ears stretched out? Did she have a face-lift?

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2024 4:11 AM

R6 I'm sure she's had at least four of them at this point

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 4:11 AM

Courtney at the National Portrait Gallery in London last week. She DJ-ed for a bit apparently. Mother is looking a bit more buxom these days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 4:14 AM

BBC 6 Music has a lot of people recording shows for them (pre-recorded).

They had Iggy Pop doing a show for years, and he was fried well beyond Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 4:16 AM

Sounds interesting. If she has a good producer to keep her on track, it could be amazing.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2024 4:18 AM

I'd definitely give it a go. I already know that I'd probably listen so some whole episodes and abandon others. Sometimes she hits and she's a real crazy fun time. Other times she's just too much.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2024 4:27 AM

R10 a good producer is key with her. She can be very brilliant, but someone needs to be standing by to reign in all of her scattershot energy.

by Anonymousreply 12March 28, 2024 2:33 AM

Episodes are available now in the US (I couldn't find them for a bit; they all seemed to be regionally locked). It appears to be a podcast where she's tracking her musical journey/biography, starting from her early life in San Francisco. The third and most recent episode in focuses on her adolescent/teen years in Portland and stripping abroad in Japan. I'm loving hearing her recount this shit. She has lived a life that is difficult to comprehend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2024 6:28 AM

I wonder if she'll talk about losing her virginity to Ted Nugent. That revelation shocked me.

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2024 7:30 AM

Courtney’s musical taste is impeccable—Cher, Mamas and the Papas, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Janis Joplin, Marlene Dietrich—and that’s just a few from the first couple episodes. She is someone who has truly spent her life studying popular music, and it’s fascinating to hear her discuss it.

by Anonymousreply 15April 14, 2024 8:09 AM

Her nose is shrinking as fast as Janet’s.

by Anonymousreply 16April 14, 2024 8:30 AM

Thanks for the link, R13.

I wish she'd write a book.

by Anonymousreply 17April 14, 2024 10:15 AM

R17 She did

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18April 14, 2024 10:26 AM

What's the deal with rights to Nirvana's music?

On BBC last night, 'Kurt Cobain: Moments That Shook Music' was screened. Running an hour long, the only songs played were a couple of cover versions they did and a pre Bleach era track.

To anyone ignorant of Nirvana's music, it was a very poor demonstration of their talents.

by Anonymousreply 19April 14, 2024 9:43 PM

The cohost/producer Rob Harvilla has a podcast called Songs That Explain the ‘90s; he did an episode on Doll Parts that impressed Courtney enough that she contacted him and he brought her on the show for an interview later if I remember right. The two have a good rapport and mutual respect for each other that helps make this especially listenable. I was worried the manic rambling she tends to engage in could derail this, but he’s kept her on track nicely.

by Anonymousreply 20April 14, 2024 10:24 PM

Rob Harvilla has been a guest on Bandsplain a number of times. The Bandsplain community seems to LOVE him. I always find him knowledgeable but super meh. Nothing objectionable, but there's been so many better guests. He sort of has a dispassionate passion for music, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 21April 14, 2024 10:29 PM

Is it a true crime podcast?

by Anonymousreply 22April 14, 2024 10:42 PM

It’s on the BBC Sounds app. Four episodes released already.

I’ll bet this is good. Courtney knows her shit.

by Anonymousreply 23April 14, 2024 10:52 PM

I downloaded the BBC Radio app so I could easily stream these on my phone. I'm on episode six and am bummed I've almost burned through all of them. Great commentary and song choices throughout. Courtney's taste is wide-ranging and she knows/is a fan of the most mainstream pop hits of all time down to the most obscure goth rock/freakshow art bands. She knows it all and happened to be in the middle of many of these scenes in both the US and England. It's a really fun listen that doubles as a recounting of chapters in her life as told through her influences. Lots of great anecdotes (her bisexual stepdad taking her to Rocky Horror, encountering pre-fame Pete Burns in Liverpool, being roommates with Johnette Napolitano). I hope someone can do a proper biopic on her someday—even if it's just the first 30 years of her life. She sounds happy and healthy in the series too, smoker's throat be damned.

by Anonymousreply 24April 21, 2024 11:56 PM

Someone made a Spotify playlist of all of the music Courtney showcases in the series if anyone's interested:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25April 22, 2024 12:11 AM

Stop the Courtney Love posts, troll

She’s not been remotely interesting for over 25 yrs

by Anonymousreply 26April 22, 2024 12:16 AM

R26 = TayTay.

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2024 12:36 AM

R25 There are three Lana Del Rey songs. Doean she supposedly hate her?

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2024 1:15 PM

She’s calling it “Headless Broken Doll Partz”

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2024 1:32 PM

It will always be the year 1995 for Courtney.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2024 10:19 PM

Is she never romantically linked to anyone? I can’t remember anyone post-Cobain but Billy Corgan and a druggy Layne Staley episode.

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2024 12:15 AM

No I mean Scott Weiland. They’re all the same at this point.

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2024 12:16 AM

Wasn’t she with Edward Norton briefly? I heard she fucked Trent Reznor And the hot guy who played the first Reggie on riverdale supposedly scammed her out of some money. Was sex involved?

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2024 12:22 AM

I remember the Norton thing now.

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2024 12:42 AM

Aspie

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2024 7:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!