Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Can cats eat puréed avocados?

My cat loves guacamole. I don’t let her have it because there’s bad stuff in it but she has snuck it a few times and developed a taste for it. She can tell when I’m eating it and will try to get to my plate. If I puree plain avocados can she eat those?

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2024 3:32 AM

Why not just non-pureed avocados? Doesn’t the cat have teeth?

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 1:54 AM

She likes creamy things and strongly prefers pate catfood so I think she’d like it puréed better

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 1:57 AM

Well, have at it, then.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 2:00 AM

No garlic or onions— I’m sure you already know that. They are highly toxic for cats.

Avocado- yes

Guacamole- no

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 2:03 AM

Also, skip the jicamas that you manage to put in all your dishes, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 2:05 AM

Maybe you can put it on a chicken breast and call it kitty-cado toast.

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2024 2:14 AM

[quote]Guacamole is not safe for cats because it often contains ingredients like onion and garlic, which are toxic to cats. Guacamole can also contain lemon juice and tomatoes, which can cause damage to animals' stomach and heart.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 2:17 AM

What cat in his right mind want to?

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 2:29 AM

Drop a sardine on the mat.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 2:34 AM

Mog would appreciate a boiled egg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2024 2:42 AM

You're a fucking retard and you're killing your cat. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Can Cats Eat Guacamole?

Absolutely not. In addition to persin, guacamole can contain ingredients like onions, garlic and tomatoes that can be toxic to your cat. Even common ingredients like cilantro, lime juice and chili or jalapeno peppers can give your kitty a severely upset stomach.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2024 3:09 AM

Cats are carnivores OP.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2024 3:32 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!