Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

How Much Do You Pee?

My doctor, concerned about my phosphorus level, asked me to pee in a pot for a 24 hour period so it could be analyzed. When I brought in the jug to the lab, the tech took it and raised an eyebrow, asking suspiciously if I had actually used it for the whole day. It was a pint. Am I going to die?

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2024 4:11 PM

Drink more water.

by Anonymousreply 1March 27, 2024 12:41 AM

Can I have your stuff - but I'll pass on the pissing pot ?

by Anonymousreply 2March 27, 2024 12:46 AM

Yes, OP you need to drink more water. You need to keep your kidneys healthy. Forego alcohol, except for wine once in a while, get rid of the caffeine, and sodas, and start getting healthy.

by Anonymousreply 3March 27, 2024 12:48 AM

I probably pee that much when I get up in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 4March 27, 2024 12:50 AM

Healthy adults normally excrete between a quart and half-gallon of urine each day. So yes, increase your fluid intake.

by Anonymousreply 5March 27, 2024 12:52 AM

I’ve lost count. I drink at least 100 oz of water a day. I’ll just drink it while watching tv

by Anonymousreply 6March 27, 2024 12:53 AM

100 oz, r6? That seems ... excessive.

by Anonymousreply 7March 27, 2024 12:54 AM

I have one serving each of coffee, tea, and diet soda most days. Maybe two glasses of water on top of that, no alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 12:56 AM

That ain't much, R8. You should be drinking lots and lots of just plain water.

I drink about 1/2 gallon of water a day, and more when summer comes.

But I live in Florida. YMMV.

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 12:59 AM

I'm so tired of peeing, seriously.

by Anonymousreply 10March 27, 2024 1:19 AM

You are obviously not drinking enough water and liquids. MY cousin is like that, he drinks almost zero water. Avoid anything salty and do not add salt to your food. Drink about 6-8 glasses of water (or liquids), preferably in the earlier part of the day rather than the evening.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2024 1:39 AM

Drink when you're thirsty.

I lived for decades in Europe (in a country with much longer life-span than the US) and you learn that constant water drinking is an American thing.

It's unnecessary and unnatural.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2024 1:46 AM

[quote]Avoid anything salty and do not add salt to your food. . I can only imagine you're joking

by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2024 1:47 AM

[quote]Avoid anything salty and do not add salt to your food.

I can only imagine you're joking

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2024 1:48 AM

Stealth golden showers thread...

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2024 1:49 AM

I may not have worded it succinctly enough. I meant avoid foods that come with a lot of sodium (packaged or prepared meals) and avoid adding more salt to your food.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2024 1:50 AM

Tonight for diner I pasta with broccoletti and anchovy. Nice and salty.

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2024 1:54 AM

^ Tonight for dinner I had pasta

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2024 1:55 AM

Just drink more fluids, don't worry about all these things people are saying, it's not rocket science. Are you running a lot and sweating?

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2024 2:06 AM

I would think that if one consumed more salt, one would be likely to drink more liquids, no?

by Anonymousreply 20March 27, 2024 2:07 AM

[quote]It was a pint

I think you can forego the lab tests.

On the plus side, you have kidney stones to look forward to, as well.

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2024 2:20 AM

You should drink 6 oz of water every hour for twelve hours - from when you get up to when you go to bed. Leave a six oz glass near your sink, or get a water bottle which is marked for 12 hours (with 6 oz lines) - they have them at amazon. That's 72 oz a day.

by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2024 2:23 AM

Very true, R17. Americans are easily spotted by toting giant bottles and thermoses, by asking for water in restaurants and then complaint about the small size of the glass, by being the only ones talking about "hydration" in any language.

by Anonymousreply 23March 27, 2024 2:32 AM

I dribble that much just whipping my cock back into my shorts.

by Anonymousreply 24March 27, 2024 2:33 AM

R20 That's exactly what they made me do after kidney failure, salt pills, and drink I did, probably a gallon a day.

by Anonymousreply 25March 27, 2024 3:57 AM

The average person urinates seven times a day.

by Anonymousreply 26March 27, 2024 5:07 AM

[quote] The average person urinates seven times a day.

I peed 7 times just while reading this thread.

by Anonymousreply 27March 27, 2024 5:16 AM

I pissed seven times just replying to this thread.

by Anonymousreply 28March 27, 2024 6:43 AM

I pee seven times during the night.

by Anonymousreply 29March 27, 2024 2:02 PM

^^^^ On the can, or still in bed? 😉

by Anonymousreply 30March 27, 2024 4:07 PM

I drink about a gallon and a half a day. I piss about every 90 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2024 4:39 PM

If you live in an arid climate, you should drink more water OP. I always keep a glass of water next to the bed. I typically end up slugging it down when I wake in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2024 4:49 PM

[quote] in a country with much longer life-span than the US

There is no such country.

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2024 4:54 PM

Euros don’t drink water because they’re drinking booze and coffee. Let them whine and bitch they are good at that and cheap to boot. . To a point the more water you drink the healthier you will be. Try for a half gallon a day. If you’re living in an arid climate and exercise a lot double that number. As for ourselves while on outings in such a climate we count on a gallon a day per person. Salt is essential too under conditions where you are using your body and sweating.

by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2024 7:54 PM

Fess up, OPee, you took a few gulps on the way to the lab.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2024 8:04 PM

OP your pee should be almost clear with a slight yellow tinge. If it's not, you need to drink more water.

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2024 8:07 PM

Since we're on the topic of pee, I have the most beautiful Russian ladies of the evening pee on me whenever I visit Moscow!

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2024 8:21 PM

In the UK, at least in London the water tastes terrible. Really.

by Anonymousreply 38March 27, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote]Euros don’t drink water because they’re drinking booze and coffee. Let them whine and bitch they are good at that and cheap to boot. . To a point the more water you drink the healthier you will be.

You're wrong.

The US doesn't even make the top 20 in terms of health.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 27, 2024 8:28 PM

Yes the US is not one homogeneous ethic population. A better way to think about it, how can the US be so HIGH in the list, don't compare us to fucking Sweden, white people city.

by Anonymousreply 40March 27, 2024 10:43 PM

[quote]In the UK, at least in London the water tastes terrible. Really.

Get a Brita filter.

by Anonymousreply 41March 27, 2024 10:55 PM

I also use a water filter at home, preferring not use use bottle water because of the exposure to BPA and microplastics.

by Anonymousreply 42March 28, 2024 12:24 AM

[quote]Yes the US is not one homogeneous ethic population. A better way to think about it, how can the US be so HIGH in the list, don't compare us to fucking Sweden, white people city.

But shouldn't Spain and Italy's aversion to drinking liters of water every day be killing them?

Life expectancy:

Take a look at where the US ranks:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 28, 2024 1:04 AM

I'd drink more water but then I'd get even less sleep every night.

by Anonymousreply 44March 28, 2024 1:18 AM

R44 The best approach is to drink the majority of your water and other liquids by lunch, and have minimal water afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 45March 28, 2024 1:21 AM

I tried the whole “drink water only” thing and found myself running to the bathroom every five minutes. It’s uncomfortable.

I understand drinking a lot in harbor during exercise but when you’re just at an office job seated for hours, it doesn’t work.

by Anonymousreply 46March 28, 2024 11:14 AM

If your doctor prescribes Metolazone and you do not pee, he is simply waiting for your kidneys to shut down and die.

You need dialysis.

by Anonymousreply 47March 28, 2024 11:19 AM

More than I should, less than I’d like.

by Anonymousreply 48March 28, 2024 11:20 AM

You don’t have to drink straight water. It’s total fluid intake that’s important. That includes things like coffee, other drinks, and fluids you get from foods like fruits and vegetables.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2024 11:31 AM

The US life expectancy statistics are dragged down by factors like poor access to primary care among minority populations, and the large amount of gun violence deaths. It’s not due to drinking too much water.

by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2024 11:36 AM

From the Mayo Clinic:

"So how much fluid does the average, healthy adult living in a temperate climate need? The U.S. National Academies of Sciences, Engineering, and Medicine determined that an adequate daily fluid intake is: About 15.5 cups (3.7 liters)"

Contrast that with what the Italian government recommends:

"Un adulto dovrebbe bere generalmente 2 litri di acqua al giorno per la propria salute."

2 liters of water.

by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2024 3:19 PM

Nobody is drinking 3.7 liters of fluid per day. That’s ridiculous. 2 liters seems much more normal.

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2024 4:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!