Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Timothée Chalamet signs first look deal with Warner Bros.

Following the success of “ Wonka ” and the “ Dune” movies, Warner Bros. is staying in the Timothée Chalamet business. The star signed a first look deal with the studio to collaborate on future projects as an actor and producer, Warner Bros. said Tuesday.

This doesn’t mean that Chalamet can only make movies with Warner Bros., just that the studio is entitled to right of first refusal. The terms of the deal were not released, but it is a “multi-year” agreement.

Warner Bros. Motion Picture Group co-chairs and CEO’s Mike De Luca and Pam Abdy said in a statement that they’ve admired his “commitment to his craft” and his “unwavering dedication to give 100% of his time and attention to every project he has made.”

Chalamet, in a statement, said of De Luca and Abdy: “These are studio heads who believe in real movie making, and I’m so grateful for their support as an actor, producer and collaborator. This partnership feels like a natural next step. Let’s go!”

The 28-year-old recently became the first star in over four decades to be in two top-grossing films released within eight months of each other with “Dune: Part Two,” which has a running box office total of $575.5 million, and “Wonka,” which made over $632 million globally. The previous record-holder was John Travolta with “Grease” and “Saturday Night Fever.”

Chalamet was a producer on Luca Guadagnino’s “ Bones and All ” and is also producing and starring in the upcoming Bob Dylan biopic, “A Complete Unknown,” which is currently filming.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2024 2:41 PM

Timmy is on FIYAH!

🔥🔥🔥

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2024 6:24 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2024 6:25 PM

Yeah, um... no R2.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2024 6:26 PM

🎙️WWII looks to be well underway

Swing music all the rage 🎙️

🎙️Ratboy signs at Metro

Now the latest from Glenn Miller and his Big Band 🎙️🎶

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 6:27 PM

Timothea should star in a remake of the 1986 Sondra Locke classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 6:32 PM

The greatest businessmen in Hollywood knows that 💜TIMMY❤️ a worldwide STAR and will those studio moguls loads of 💰MONEY💵

❣️TIMMY❤️ media content for decades!!!

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 6:33 PM

Sorry, Austin Butler!

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2024 6:35 PM

Wonka and Dune are two films that just happened to be released within a few months of each other. Wonka and Dune are two films that just happen to be based on prior stories. I don’t understand why Hollywood thinks these films would’ve been disasters had it not been for his casting. Maybe he looks the part but the man can’t act to save his life. Flexing your jaw isn’t acting.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 6:40 PM

First look offers:

The Danish Girl, Part 2

Victor/Victoria remake (as Julie Andrews)

Out of Africa remake (as Baroness Von Blixen)

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 6:41 PM

Are they trying to funnel him into as many movies as possible before all the adolescence completely fades from his face?

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 6:43 PM

I keep telling the universe.... Timmy needs to re-make Edward Scissorhands!

He'd be perfect for that role.

The pale complexion, the hair... everything!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2024 6:45 PM

Has there ever been such an overrated actor? His downfall will be stupendous.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 6:46 PM

So basically we’re getting Dune 3 and Wonka sequels. Where the fuck is it already R12?

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2024 6:48 PM

Reality is running head long into the Timmy haters

🤣😘🤣😘🤣

🧡🖤💚TIMMY RULES💚🖤🧡

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2024 6:57 PM

Now he’s stepping into the “producing” bullshit. He only gets work now if it’s from Warner Brothers?

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2024 7:20 PM

Wonka was a success? You put my Aunt in Dune and it would still be a success.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2024 7:26 PM

Commitment to his craft….as evidenced by the range and depth of his varied roles. Who are these idiots at Warner Brothers? He’s never shown any interest in honing his craft.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2024 7:28 PM

It’s amazing that R17 think he knows the entertainment business better than the executives at Warner Brothers.

Please r17…bestow more of your wisdom upon us,

You are great comedy

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2024 7:31 PM

Too bad Warner Brothers is dead.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2024 7:34 PM

Timmy is now Hollywood Royalty.

Even Mister Mayer himself would walk Timmy out to his car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2024 7:35 PM

Only 27 years old and DOMINATING Hollywood.

Has this ever happened before?

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2024 8:00 PM

[quote] He only gets work now if it’s from Warner Brothers?

That's what I was wondering.

It seems limiting for his career.

Why would Timmy agree to this kind of contract?

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2024 8:19 PM

In other words, we're getting Dune Messiah, which will be released in 2030.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2024 8:23 PM

Well, one things for sure. If and when his career finally takes that expected dive he’ll still be, as Liberace once said, laughing all the way to the bank.

I just hope he doesn’t do the stupid, age old Hollywood party scene and end up like so many have. I’m not a Chalamet fan but I hate to see these young kids take THAT dive.

They all laughed at the slogan but ‘just say no’ or at least say, ‘well, just not all the time and just not too much when I do’ or something. Life is short enough, stick around for the whole ride.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2024 8:32 PM

Badly concern trolling ^

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2024 9:34 PM

Warner Bros.: Well this actor had two successful IP franchises...he is clearly worth the investment.

Four years later:

Why has he not sold any big movies?

Geez..maybe because audiences went to see a hugely popular sci-fi franchise. They also did this with Margot Robbie recently. Robbie didn't do anything. Barbie is what was sold. What muddling these people do to try and make these people look more worth than they are.

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2024 9:41 PM

R26 can see the future

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2024 9:44 PM

Incidentally, I signed a "First Look Away" deal with Timmy's scrawny rat face.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2024 9:54 PM

He has the option to make movies with others. WB just has first rights to distribute.

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2024 10:32 PM

[quote]Dune: Part Two surpassed $1 billion at the global box office with IMAX grossing $124 million.

No wonder Warner was desperate to sign Timmy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2024 11:43 PM

R24: That is the question. Once he’s no longer suited for teenage roles, will he take his millions and go away quietly and with dignity, or will he be the last at the party and pull shenanigans even more lame and ridiculous than the Kylie Jenner showmance? I suspect he will go the latter.

by Anonymousreply 31March 27, 2024 1:23 AM

[quote] I just hope he doesn’t do the stupid, age old Hollywood party scene and end up like so many have. I’m not a Chalamet fan but I hate to see these young kids take THAT dive.

His father works in the industry, and is well aware of the pitfalls for young actors.

Both of Timmy's parents are very grounded. As a result, Timmy has a good head on his shoulders.

If he was going to fuck up, he would have fucked up already.

Studios know this, which is why they are so heavily invested in him.

by Anonymousreply 32March 27, 2024 6:26 AM

R32: We’ll he’s fucking a talentless Kardashian whore and he’s already had two other embarrassing fauxmances. So there goes your argument.

by Anonymousreply 33March 27, 2024 1:04 PM

TIMMY is a worldwide A list superstar who is bankable and Oscar nominated r33

Show us on the doll where Timmy touched you r33

Or rather, show us on the doll where you like would ANY man to touch you, but any human wouldn’t touch with a barge pole, because you are hideous both physically and emotionally, Matt Anscher

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 27, 2024 2:20 PM

Seriously, R33?

That's the best you can do?

A "fauxmance" to show how horrible Timmy is?

Geez, you Haters are nuts.

by Anonymousreply 35March 27, 2024 6:02 PM

R35: He flicked his ash on innocent bystanders at the Beyoncé concert during the course of that fauxmance. He ignored a press aide at Cannes to get out of the photocall. He showed up high at The French Dispatch premiere and kept everybody else waiting. He fucked Eiza Gonzalez during the height of a pandemic when nobody else could travel. He made an insensitive Hamas joke on SNL. I could go on but how’s that for horrible?

by Anonymousreply 36March 27, 2024 7:16 PM

This seems like a cursed idea.

by Anonymousreply 37March 27, 2024 8:01 PM

R36 is amazing.

Can you IMAGINE having sex during the pandemic?

How DARE anyone ignore a press aide?

Flicking ashes in the general directions of BEYONCE fans?

THE HUMANITY.

TIMMY IS WORSE THAN HITLER!

by Anonymousreply 38March 28, 2024 12:16 AM

Exactly, R38.

R36 is a lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 39March 28, 2024 3:27 AM

He could literally strangle a hooker to death and rabid fans like R38 and R39 would still be defending him.

by Anonymousreply 40March 28, 2024 11:23 AM

But Timmy is not hooker murderer r40

Your exaggeration is hilarious

Your hatred of Timmy is hilarious too

We are laughing at you

by Anonymousreply 41March 28, 2024 1:49 PM

[quote] Ultimately, it doesn’t matter whether this movie is a flop, a slay, or some nebulous third thing; to paraphrase Chalamet himself in Little Women, I’ll watch.

We will ALL watch for ❣️TIMMY❣️

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 29, 2024 1:44 PM

The psychopath R42 is posting on all the threads. I'm not spending a dime on any of that untalented rat fuck's movies.

by Anonymousreply 43March 29, 2024 1:52 PM

[quote]Dune: Part Two surpassed $1 billion at the global box office with IMAX grossing $124 million.

No, it didn't. Both films COMBINED passed $1 billion.

by Anonymousreply 44March 29, 2024 1:54 PM

R43 yet you feel the need to post on all Timmy threads

👑TIMMY👑 lives in your mind Matt Anscher, causing unbelievable pain in your diseased brain

It is wonderful how much TIMMY torments you 😱🤣😱

by Anonymousreply 45March 29, 2024 2:41 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!