Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unfrosted: The Pop-Tart Story (2024)

Jerry Seinfeld's latest vanity project is this screwball comedy set in 1963, detailing the totally fictional origin story of the Pop-Tart. Seinfeld plays an executive for Kellogg's who steers his invention through a competition with Post Cereals to see who could get a breakfast pastry to market first.

Unlike the many recent true-to-life origin stories about Beanie Babies and Flamin' Hot Cheetos, this work is entirely fictional, and based around an old joke from Seinfeld's standup career. There was no cutthroat competition to invent a toaster pastry. There was no scandal. Marjorie Post was real, but she didn't send a goon squad to beat up the pastry chefs of Battle Creek.

Some people have too much money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2024 4:43 PM

Yuck, I would hardly watch a real version but a fictional version, no thanks.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2024 6:21 PM

I'll write an emotional but catchy theme song, "The Frost Outside."

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2024 6:23 PM

I bet there’ll be a scene when some corporate fogey is not convinced. But he takes a bite … and then smiles.

Everybody cheers. It’s a success!

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2024 6:28 PM

Sounds very 1995. Is Jennifer Aniston in it?

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 6:31 PM

Also: Marjorie Post, the zillionaire foods kingpin and builder of Mar-a-Lago, will be played by Amy Schumer.

The most powerful woman in American business history will be portrayed (unflatteringly and in old-age makeup) by the comedian who gets paid to sing about farting during sex.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 6:31 PM

Considering The Crown, Feud: Capote vs the Swans, and Julia (HBO's Julia Child show) all took extensive detours from the truth, it seems like a bit of a quibble to fault a movie for explicitly diverging from reality. At least, they aren't pretending to tell a true story.

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 6:34 PM

Dina weeps.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2024 6:34 PM

I wonder if Jerry has gotten better as an actor, because he was terrible at it on his sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 6:39 PM

[quote]I wonder if Jerry has gotten better as an actor, because he was terrible at it on his sitcom.

That's why it only ran a couple of seasons.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 6:46 PM

I vaguely recall him mentioning this in an interview about a year or two ago, but I wasn't sure if he was being serious or not.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 7:01 PM

I REALLY hope this is a dig at Eva Longoria and that retarded Cheetos movie she forced onto screens.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2024 7:22 PM

Ugh, these ppl and the 60's.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 7:25 PM

I recognize every cast member but one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2024 9:05 PM

R9, he was saved by his costars.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2024 9:35 PM

R11/troll 6099,

How long have you been a troll?

I mean it. When did the DL webmaster conclude that you are an incorrigible, meaningless piece of shit who is so annoying that he decided to bestow upon you the scarlet TROLL label?

Is it embarrassing?

And why can’t you figure out how to deal with it?

No one can take you seriously.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2024 9:58 PM

I like Melissa McCarthy, I really do, but swear she says yes to any script that’s handed to her.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2024 10:05 PM

Seinfeld was an irreverent comedy concept that did not follow any of the standard sitcom structures. It really was basically a show about nothing featuring an ensemble cast with quirky characters with little redeeming character traits. If you really think about it non of the characters were characters you would want as close friends in your own real life, but they are entertaining to watch.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2024 11:52 PM

R16 And most of those scripts come from her screenwriter husband, who has all the talent of a fountain pen full of donkey semen.

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2024 2:42 AM

It looks hilarious, they show way too much in the trailer but when have we had a real funny movie? Can't wait.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 28, 2024 4:27 PM

He showed himself to be a complete fucking dick at least 3 times per episode on his Comedians Allowing my Obnoxious Car Collection to be a Tax Write-off show. It made me wonder what assholery he had edited out

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2024 4:48 PM

This looks even worse than expected.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2024 4:53 PM

I still can’t get past the fact that Amy Schumer is playing Marjorie Post in her SEVENTIES!

I know Amy’s got a fat face these days, but Jesus, what a rough look.

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2024 1:31 PM

Some of you just don't have a God damn sense of humor anymore. It looks funny.

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2024 4:28 PM

What is Marjorie Post doing in this? Pop-Tarts were developed and owned by Kellogg.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2024 5:03 PM

It looks like a fun movie. I'll give it a watch. The only thing that surprises me is that Amy Schumer get an "and" credit

by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2024 5:11 PM

If it's a send up of bio pics? I think it's a fucking brilliant premise.

by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2024 6:36 PM

This ensemble reminds me of Soapdish, you stack the deck enough there's no way NOT to love it.

by Anonymousreply 27March 31, 2024 4:39 PM

It’s very early 2000s George Clooney era Hollywood.

1960s, comedy, all star cast = Hollywood ass kissing bait

As said it’s a circle jerk vanity project it’s not for the actual public to enjoy

by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2024 4:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!