Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Why Are Women Getting Punched In The Face On The Streets Of NYC?

Many are wondering what's going on in New York City and why so many women are getting randomly punched in the face while just walking down the street?

If you happened to be scrolling on TikTok on Monday, you may have come across a video of a woman telling her story about being punched in the face as she walked down the street. And then scrolling further, you may have come across another. And then another. So just what's going on in the city all of a sudden that women are being punched in the face for no reason?

Content creator and influencer, Halley shared a video on Monday morning telling her disturbing story of how she was just punched in the face while walking down the street. The evidence, a large egg on the right side of her forehead, told just as much of the story as she did.

"You guys. I was literally just walking and a man came up and punched me in the face," she began the video that quickly went viral with more than 21.3 million views. "It hurts so bad. I can't even talk. Literally, I fell to the ground, and now this giant goose egg is forming, and I'm like, oh my God. So crazy."

More than 10,000 comments quickly flooded the comment section of the video. While many wanted to know if the police were called and if she's okay, others shared that they also had a similar issue happen recently.

"It happened to me as well, a whole slap because he didn't like my hat," one person shared. Another added, "OMG I saw someone else post the same thing happened to them last week."

A follow up video shared more of Halley's story, as well as an update.

"I was just walking on the sidewalk, and my head was down, and I was like looking at my phone, just sending an email. But there was so much room on the sidewalk and literally nobody was around, and I guess this man, I don't know if he punched me or if he elbowed me. I literally passed out," she said.

"I think he just was really mad that my head was down. He was walking his dog, so he took it upon himself to body check me and let me know to be conscious of my surroundings."

Halley said after being punched, she fell to the ground and "blacked out for a second." When she got up, the man was screaming at her. That's when she got up and ran away out of fear.

One follower suggested, "Do you remember what area you were at? Nearby businesses may have security cameras facing the sidewalk." Another viewer wrote, "Wait, this is the 2nd video I saw like this today!"

In another follow up video, Halley explained that she did go to urgent care to get checked out. She also revealed that she did call the police and was told that her story matches another one they recently got.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269April 2, 2024 9:00 PM

Another video by a different influencer, Mikayla Toninato, also shares a story of being punched in the face while walking down the street on Monday.

"So I just got punched in the face walking home. I was literally like leaving class, I turned the corner and I was looking down, and I was looking at my phone and texting. And then out of nowhere, this man just came up and hit me in the face," she said. "I'm actually in shock right now. I'm just like walking home because what else do you do?"

She concluded her video with a warning.

"I guess if you're in New York right now and you're walking while looking at your phone," she said. "Maybe don't do that."

Her video also quickly went viral with more than 4.3 million views and nearly 13,000 comments.

"WHAT IS GOING ON IN NYC TODAY?" one viewer wrote in the comments. Another added, "CALL THE POLICE this is the third time I’ve seen this story in 30 MINUTES!!!!"

About a week ago, another TikTok creator, Olivia Brand, shared a video saying she was punched while walking on the sidewalk.

"I literally just got punched by some man on the sidewalk," she explained while walking down the street. "He goes, sorry, and then punches me in the head."

Many viewers left comments saying this is the second or third video they are seeing with the same disturbing theme. Some even said they saw this video in their FYP just before or after seeing Halley's video.

"Why is the video of the other girl getting punched right before this?" one person wrote. Another said, "Was it the same freaking guy as the other girl? I’m so confused why this keeps happening."

With so many people coming across the videos with the same disturbing theme on TikTok, it's opening a conversation about being alert and aware of your surroundings at all times.

TikToker Taylor Paré shared a video talking about the multiple videos she's seen of girls being punched in the face. She also told her story of being randomly punched in NYC last year.

"Three different videos of girls getting punched in the face for being on their phones in New York. What's going on?" she started her video. "It reminded me of last year when I got punched in the face because I was on my phone in Union Square. And you don't see it coming, and all of a sudden you just think to yourself, what just happened."

She explained that she saw the guy who punched her in the face. She chased after him and asked, "What the f---?"

"When this stuff happens to you, you have such a delayed reaction and response," she continued. "You think that you'd be alert, you'd be up to scrap. No. You're just kind of in shock that someone would put their hands on you in such a vulnerable moment."

Paré then said she's begging everyone to be more alert and not to be on their phones while walking down the street.

"Actually what we need to do is encourage proactive bystanders, not further regulate women's existence in public spaces. People just stand and stare. That's the problem," one viewer shared in the comments.

Another person pointed out that only women are being targeted in NYC. "Yet I haven’t heard one dude being punched for being on his phone. It’s ridiculous how many men just buck up to women and women alone."

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2024 6:00 PM

Well, look at ‘em!

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2024 6:02 PM

Not cool.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2024 6:03 PM

Reparations ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 6:03 PM

I got punched in the face in LA.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 6:03 PM

You know who’s doing it but we can’t talk about that. 🤷🏾‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 6:04 PM

[quote] Reparations ✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

[quote] You know who’s doing it but we can’t talk about that. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Nice try, racists.

But it actually sounds like more like uptight white guys who think that people not paying attention while walking on the sidewalk, are being "rude."

And therefore, deserving of a punch in the face.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the offender is a Datalounger.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2024 6:05 PM

Well, where are all the proud DL NYers now?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 6:06 PM

Just ban TikTok already.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 6:10 PM

I mean, one shouldn’t condone random acts of violence.

But I find it hard to care about influencers getting punched in the face.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 6:26 PM

If it was a black woman hit by a white man you all would be on the way out the door with a pitchfork. You’ve become so desensitized to white people that you subconsciously hate them.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2024 6:29 PM

There was something like this happening about ten years ago as well.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 6:31 PM

Yeah, I recall this being a thing in the UK ages ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2024 6:32 PM

Her eyebrows

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2024 6:35 PM

[quote]"I was just walking on the sidewalk, and my head was down, and I was like looking at my phone, just sending an email. But there was so much room on the sidewalk and literally nobody was around, and I guess this man, I don't know if he punched me or if he elbowed me. I literally passed out," she said. "I think he just was really mad that my head was down. He was walking his dog, so he took it upon himself to body check me and let me know to be conscious of my surroundings."

[quote]Another video by a different influencer, Mikayla Toninato, also shares a story of being punched in the face while walking down the street on Monday. "So I just got punched in the face walking home. I was literally like leaving class, I turned the corner and I was looking down, and I was looking at my phone and texting. And then out of nowhere, this man just came up and hit me in the face," she said.

I think anyone with an ounce of consideration and sensitivity can understand huge frustration and even rage being directed at people who insist on walking along busy NYC sidewalks with their faces buried in their phones and no awareness whatsoever of their surroundings, thereby requiring anyone and everyone who's walking towards them in the opposite direction WITHOUT their faces buried in their phones to take full responsibility for not running into them by zig-zagging out of the way or sometimes even stopping short. Although of course I would never punch or knock anyone down for doing this, I have sometimes loudly told the offending parties to look where the fuck they're going.

Even though countless people do it, does anyone really think it's acceptable for someone not to look where they're going, especially when walking in a city with as much foot traffic as New York?

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2024 6:41 PM

R8 I love NYC and will forever call it home when I'm in the states. But the random violence on the streets, both physical and verbal is a turn off. And as someone who has lived in serveral major cities throughout the world its NYC that has this issue (and to a lesser extent all major cities in the US)

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2024 6:45 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with you, R15.

People with their faces buried in their phones, are completely obnoxious.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2024 6:49 PM

A) they have punchable faces

B) they walk down the street staring at their phones completely entitled and oblivious to those around them. They totally deserve to get punched and I hope they and those that read there posts will learn a lesson. Fuck around and find out bitches.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2024 6:59 PM

Good grief R18. No they don't deserve to get punched in the face. You sound angry. Go take a nap or smoke a joint. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2024 7:06 PM

R8, where's the evidence that they're even telling the truth?

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2024 7:08 PM

R19, they don't deserve to get punched in the face, but their behavior is disgustingly selfish, so it's not surprising that it really sets some people off. Maybe that guy in that one example above knocked into that woman to teach her a lesson because she was about to step on his dog.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2024 7:12 PM

Only females, of course. Cowardly fucks.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2024 7:18 PM

Influencers need clicks and will come up with all sorts of ways to get them.

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2024 7:20 PM

A pessimistic coworker of mine has been predicting this for years. He claims we will be seeing a growing number of incidents involving frustrated incel types inflicting violence on random women in public, acting out of sheer, uncontained rage. I suspect he's been visiting creepy MGTOW websites.

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2024 7:25 PM

I have seen it happen but in the 90's in downtown Chicago. Some Mexican looking woman was waking with her kids, and then this black guy prepped his elbow and as they walked past each other he whacked her right in the eye with his elbow. So traumatic for the lady. She was crying. The guy just walked like nothing had happened.

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2024 7:31 PM

[quote] But it actually sounds like more like uptight white guys who think that people not paying attention while walking on the sidewalk, are being "rude."

Do you seriously believe that, R7?

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2024 7:32 PM

TikTok is so idiotic.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2024 7:39 PM

It's Spring?

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2024 7:46 PM

It's a cry for help... BLM!

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2024 7:52 PM

[quote] Why Are Women Getting Punched In The Face On The Streets Of NYC?

Why not?

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2024 8:00 PM

If you hit Karen, it’s 500 pounds.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2024 8:06 PM

Points*

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2024 8:06 PM

Maybe her face walked into his fist.

by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2024 8:15 PM

R34 = Ike Turner

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2024 8:16 PM

That's what happens when you're an influencer and "creating content" when you should be walking. They all claim to be "just walking down the street", but I bet they were filming themselves doing it.

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote]"Three different videos of girls getting punched in the face for being on their phones in New York. What's going on?" she started her video. "It reminded me of last year when I got punched in the face because I was on my phone in Union Square."

Well, get off the fucking phone, bitch. Or stop walking and move to the side. Easy solution.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2024 8:46 PM

R36, whether or not they were making video of themselves walking down the street, the point is they all admitted they were looking at their phones rather than where they were going. As if they were the only person walking along a busy New York City sidewalk, with no awareness at all that anyone else in the city exists.

By the way, it is possible to use your phone when you're walking around in the city without being inconsiderate of others, either by moving to the side (as R37 suggested) or being sure you keep looking up frequently to be sure no one coming from the opposite direction is directly in your path. But such simple courtesy seems to be beyond so many people.

by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2024 8:56 PM

An alarming number of people on this thread don’t have a problem with women getting hit in the face by a stranger.

[quote] Well, get off the fucking phone, bitch

[quote] That's what happens when you're an influencer and "creating content" when you should be walking

[quote] they walk down the street staring at their phones completely entitled and oblivious to those around them

[quote] People with their faces buried in their phones, are completely obnoxious.

[quote] But I find it hard to care about influencers getting punched in the face.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2024 9:01 PM

Women are getting punched because they are less likely to attack back, and are more likely to blame themselves (I was looking down at my phone) and not report it to the police. Cowardly men know this.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2024 9:04 PM

R39, it's possible to think that of course it's wrong to punch a woman (or a man) in the face for having their head buried in their phone while walking down a NYC sidewalk AND to SIMULTANEOUSLY find such behavior incredibly selfish and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2024 9:06 PM

I hope there were no innocent people getting punched. Considering some people like to say that people they don’t like have a “punchable face”, it would be wonderful justice for them to end up being the one punched in the face.

[quote] Well, get off the fucking phone, bitch.

I agree that people are fed up with it.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2024 9:08 PM

I ride on a bike path every night and there are always people walking or even riding along with their faces buried in their phones. There are clear lanes marked for the bikes and another one for the people walking and they often drift into the bike lane because they aren't paying attention. It's gotten to the point where I ride right up to them and almost hit them with my bike because I'm sick of it.

The worst, however, are the men who deliberately jog or ride in the wrong lane. I played chicken with one guy one night and I refused to move because he was in the wrong lane. He finally veered over and gave me a dirty look and I yelled, "Wrong lane!" People need to pay attention. But no one should be getting punched for not doing so.

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote] "So I just got punched in the face walking home. I was literally like leaving class, I turned the corner and I was looking down, and I was looking at my phone and texting. And then out of nowhere, this man just came up and hit me in the face," she said.

It’s incredible that in NYC of all places there are women looking at their phone while walking the streets instead of using situational awareness to constantly be on guard and be aware of the threats around them. That sense of not having to pay attention because nothing could ever happen to them is shocking. They act surprised even though it’s New York. They should be glad they haven’t been pushed on to the subway tracks yet.

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2024 9:25 PM

Always, always be aware of your surroundings. Do not let your guard down.

I hope this trend of punching women dies a quick death.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2024 9:29 PM

Does nobody still do key-claws, while nervously glancing around? Used to make me feel like Wolverine.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2024 9:32 PM

[quote]It’s incredible that in NYC of all places there are women looking at their phone while walking the streets instead of using situational awareness to constantly be on guard and be aware of the threats around them. That sense of not having to pay attention because nothing could ever happen to them is shocking.

Absolutely, but it's not only the sense that nothing could ever happen to them, it's also total self-involvement and a complete lack of consideration for other people. A really bad combination.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2024 9:32 PM

If random TikTokers said it, it must be true!

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2024 9:34 PM

[quote]Always, always be aware of your surroundings. Do not let your guard down. I hope this trend of punching women dies a quick death.

IF these women WERE aware of their surroundings, and cognizant of the fact that there are lots of other people in NYC besides them, I'm pretty sure that in most cases they would not have been punched in the face or violently bumped into on the sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2024 9:36 PM

[quote]IF these women WERE aware of their surroundings, and cognizant of the fact that there are lots of other people in NYC besides them, I'm pretty sure that in most cases they would not have been punched in the face or violently bumped into on the sidewalk.

They are targets.

But hey, let's blame the victim!

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2024 9:38 PM

[quote]It’s incredible that in NYC of all places there are women looking at their phone while walking the streets instead of using situational awareness to constantly be on guard and be aware of the threats around them.

There should be no threats in a civil society.

One should be free to look down at one's phone without being assalted.

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2024 9:40 PM

[quote]One should be free to look down at one's phone without being assalted.

No, one should be free to look down at one's phone IF one can simultaneously pay attention to people walking towards them in the opposite direction, so that BOTH parties can avoid walking into each other, rather than all of the onus being on the person who does NOT have their eyes glued to their phone. But that's a big "if," and unfortunately, few people follow this rule. You probably don't understand, because you're probably one of the offenders.

by Anonymousreply 52March 26, 2024 9:50 PM

Sure, r52. A bunch of middle aged gay men are walking around NYC, punching 20 year olds in the face. Looks like you solved the crime wave.

by Anonymousreply 53March 26, 2024 9:57 PM

[quote]But that's a big "if," and unfortunately, few people follow this rule. You probably don't understand, because you're probably one of the offenders.

The offenders are the thugs that regularly attack people in our cities.

by Anonymousreply 54March 26, 2024 10:02 PM

[quote]A) they have punchable faces

[quote]B) they walk down the street staring at their phones completely entitled and oblivious to those around them. They totally deserve to get punched and I hope they and those that read there posts will learn a lesson. Fuck around and find out bitches.

A true lefty has spoken.

by Anonymousreply 55March 26, 2024 10:07 PM

TikTok is filled with liars and drama queens. I don’t believe this for a second. When is the ban happening? I’ve had sufficient of Gen Z and Alpha.

by Anonymousreply 56March 26, 2024 11:04 PM

Women and gay men are the greatest supporters of woke ideology, which is funny because they will be it's main victims.

by Anonymousreply 57March 26, 2024 11:12 PM

They aren’t- just social media bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 58March 26, 2024 11:42 PM

In 1992 my sister was walking on Vanderbilt Ave by Grand Central. It was late afternoon, plenty of people on the street. A homeless crazy man hauled off and punched her in the face as he walked past her. Some Japanese tourists, who were horrified, stopped to help her. One of them went to find a cop. The police took her statement and opened a case but nothing was ever done. She spent weeks with a massive bruise on her face that made me want to cry.

She was 22 and on her way back from a job interview. When she got a callback she declined and has hated the city ever since even though she knows she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

by Anonymousreply 59March 26, 2024 11:57 PM

Everybody has a plan till they get punched in the face

by Anonymousreply 60March 27, 2024 12:23 AM

Jesus, these fucking people: "I was literally like leaving class, I turned the corner and I was looking down, and I was looking at my phone and texting. And then out of nowhere, this man just came up and hit me in the face," she said. "I'm actually in shock right now. I'm just like walking home because what else do you do?"

Like, pay attention to where you walk and your surroundings. My god, women used to have that shit drilled into them. Never park by a van, never walk alone, never wear headphones so that you can't be alert to the sounds around you. We would have also been told never to bury our face in a book whilst walking, but come on, do you really need to be told that? Also, I think Tik tokers are fairly full of shit too. The goddamn crying video to get clicks. Remember when crying was a shameful thing you did alone in the dark or in the shower?

R48 Key claws? Is that like putting your keys between your fingers as a weapon? No need! Get these! I got one for my mom and sister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 27, 2024 12:25 AM

[quote]The offenders are the thugs that regularly attack people in our cities.

Of course they are offenders, but people who walk around NYC with their faces buried in their phones, forcing everyone else to navigate around them, are also offenders of a different kind. Can you really not understand that BOTH things can be true?

by Anonymousreply 62March 27, 2024 3:17 AM

[quote]Sure, [R52]. A bunch of middle aged gay men are walking around NYC, punching 20 year olds in the face. Looks like you solved the crime wave.

R53, I wrote nothing of the kind. Please step away from the drugs.

by Anonymousreply 63March 27, 2024 3:18 AM

[quote]Of course they are offenders, but people who walk around NYC with their faces buried in their phones, forcing everyone else to navigate around them, are also offenders of a different kind. Can you really not understand that BOTH things can be true?

Can you really not understand that BOTH things are not comparable?

People with their faces down in their phones while walking are annoying.

Violent criminals who physically attack people are a scourge on society and deserve to be hauled off to jail.

by Anonymousreply 64March 27, 2024 4:12 AM

Certain women should be struck regularly, like gongs

by Anonymousreply 65March 27, 2024 4:13 AM

[quote] Why Are Women Getting Punched In The Face On The Streets Of NYC?

Erna lives there?

by Anonymousreply 66March 27, 2024 4:16 AM

There are just some people who do not belong in the city. People who can’t walk down the street without paying attention do not belong in the city.

Additionally, *someone* is voting for all these leftists who make stupid catch and release laws. Don’t want to be punched in the face? Hold your elected officials responsible. But these women believe in “girl power” and would re-elect Kathy Hochul despite the fact that she has no idea how to govern.

There are mentally ill people on the streets of NYC and illegals who don’t give a shit about your laws. Time to do something about it.

by Anonymousreply 67March 27, 2024 4:41 AM

You know the guys doing it are the types who can’t get their shit together because of their bad attitude and are mad because they don’t have “what they deserve to be given”. Gotta get rid of that seemingly permanent chip on your shoulder. Gotta get over it. Punching people won’t help.

It’s all up to you. Nobody else’s fault…

by Anonymousreply 68March 27, 2024 5:02 AM

[quote] Well, where are all the proud DL NYers now?

We’re still here, Defacto, and we’re still glad we don’t like in Pittsburgh, which still has a much higher crime rate than New York.

Hey look here’s something much worse happening to women in Pittsburgh. So I guess only in Pittsburgh do women get raped, and Pittsburgh is a nightmare place because … I posted a story about a bad thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 27, 2024 5:09 AM

I knew instinctively, 20 years ago in the earliest days of smartphones to never walk city streets whilst looking down at your phone. There is nothing worth being distracted by between the vehicles and foot traffic that you cross at your peril. At the very least find a little nook to stop between buildings or something where there is some wall protecting you from psychos.

Things are tens of times worse now. But then I see the video at [R3]. The girl who was assaulted while looking down at her phone, the first thing she does is pull out her phone and walk along giving a selfie commentary. I guess there is just no hope for these people to gain some common sense.

by Anonymousreply 70March 27, 2024 5:27 AM

[quote] But then I see the video at R3. The girl who was assaulted while looking down at her phone, the first thing she does is pull out her phone and walk along giving a selfie commentary. I guess there is just no hope for these people to gain some common sense.

Jeez, this never even dawned on me, but you're right.

Most people who get punched in the face by a random stranger on the street, would either immediately seek help at a hospital, or they would go directly home and put ice on their face.

This lady went straight to her followers on TikTok to go and cry to the world about it.

These are strange times, indeed.

by Anonymousreply 71March 27, 2024 6:12 AM

It would be different if these women would post videos stating that they have learned a lesson and warning other women not to make the same mistake.

by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2024 6:16 AM

R72 Well fine, do that when you are safe and well at home, or at the police station. Not around the corner from where it happened.

With the victim's statement at OP, I don't even know what to make of this:

[quote]"I think he just was really mad that my head was down. He was walking his dog, so he took it upon himself to body check me and let me know to be conscious of my surroundings."

She was talking about her attacker here? There might be some kind of helpful motive behind the assault?

by Anonymousreply 73March 27, 2024 6:24 AM

Sooner or later these brave tough guys will assault the wrong little girl

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 27, 2024 7:22 AM

Of course the Germans have a specific word for this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 27, 2024 7:52 AM

I’m already wanting to slap the face in the original image preview. She’s horrible.

by Anonymousreply 76March 27, 2024 9:51 AM

It's not only young women that walk around the streets of NYC glued to their phones. So why are they the only ones being randomly socked in the face?

by Anonymousreply 77March 27, 2024 11:57 AM

Because, you stupid New York City-hating know nothing idiots, violence statistics are down! That's why. Now shut up.

by Anonymousreply 78March 27, 2024 12:12 PM

R77 who says they are. I bet men get a decent amount of it. But men report it/admit it less.

by Anonymousreply 79March 27, 2024 12:43 PM

As long as we allow _____ men to go free and have no consequences, and continue to act like _____ culture isn’t toxic, we will have these problems.

by Anonymousreply 80March 27, 2024 1:12 PM

If you’re a little daft or obnoxious you deserve to be assaulted by criminals. And why does nobody use cursive anymore?

by Anonymousreply 81March 27, 2024 1:24 PM

Agree R80, a long as there is censorship and verboten themes and people are forced to pretend to be blind, mute and stupid the society will be fucked up.

Haven’t the case of Israel shown how decades of censorship can burst like boil.

by Anonymousreply 82March 27, 2024 1:28 PM

Have you ever met one?

by Anonymousreply 83March 27, 2024 1:30 PM

No one here will care until one of these ferals hits a Trans Womyn of Color.

by Anonymousreply 84March 27, 2024 1:35 PM

Yes, R64, I understand that those two things are not "comparable," and I never said they were. But people who walk around with their faces buried in their phones are more than just "annoying," they are a danger to themselves and others. And the only reason they get away with it is that people like you tolerate the behavior as simply "annoying," rather than calling these people out for it.

by Anonymousreply 85March 27, 2024 2:04 PM

[quote]People who can’t walk down the street without paying attention do not belong in the city.

Are you familiar with Fran Lebowitz and her reaction to these selfish fools? She says that, when she encounters them, she likes to say: "Pretend it's a city."

by Anonymousreply 86March 27, 2024 2:09 PM

[quote]Because, you stupid New York City-hating know nothing idiots, violence statistics are down! That's why. Now shut up.

[quote]—Stock answer

Defacto is allergic to the truth because the truth is the enemy of his agenda.

It’s not just that crime is down, it’s that New York City is the safest large city in America. So, why does Defacto run here every time there’s a crime in NYC or LA and post about it?

Why isn’t he posting about the crime rate in his own city, Pittsburgh, which is higher than NYC or LA?

It’s because he’s a liar. He’s here spreading the lie that liberal coastal cities are more dangerous because liberalism is a failed policy. Which is a lie. Just compare the crime rate in NYC to that of a conservative city like Jackson MS, a vastly more dangerous city. Its conservatism that has failed, not liberalism.

by Anonymousreply 87March 27, 2024 3:26 PM

This has been going on in NYC for ages. I got punched in the face at port authority by a guy who had just robbed a group of deaf people and was running away.

by Anonymousreply 88March 27, 2024 3:29 PM

Were they signing frantically for help R88?

by Anonymousreply 89March 27, 2024 3:36 PM

The moron at r69 doesnt understand that the reason that NYC has a low 'crime rate' is because:

1)Lots of crime goes unreported, especially amongst immigrant neighborhoods who traditionally fear the police

2)Official crime rates only reflect reported crime that has a written police report. Police will resist writing crime reports for minor crimes.

3)Lots of people dont bother reporting crime because the police wont do anything and prosecutors wont file charges.

by Anonymousreply 90March 27, 2024 3:42 PM

[quote] If it was a black woman hit by a white man you all would be on the way out the door with a pitchfork. You’ve become so desensitized to white people that you subconsciously hate them.

MARY! 911 for R11. Not only are you being melodramatic, but you are completely out of touch with how society at large view white men vs non-white men. The stereotypes still exist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2024 4:51 PM

Ugly little goblin Defacto is at it again in r90 with lots of Alternative Facts! Remember those?

Defacto expects us to swallow the idea that lots of crime goes unreported, BUT ONLY IN THE LIBERAL CITIES he resents and dislikes. Every crime in Pittsburgh and Jackson MS is immediately reported!

As usual, Defacto urges us to believe that facts and statistics don’t matter. All that matters are the hatreds and prejudices of an ugly little alcoholic goblin in flyover.

by Anonymousreply 92March 27, 2024 4:54 PM

If someone punches you in the face and runs away, what are you to do? Unless you’re in an area covered by cameras, it’s difficult to say, “That’s the person who did it” because you’re in shock and reacting to the pain.

by Anonymousreply 93March 27, 2024 4:56 PM

R91 they are more threatening and violent

by Anonymousreply 94March 27, 2024 5:05 PM

I'm going to go around New York City and spray random blonde women with Febreeze

by Anonymousreply 95March 27, 2024 5:06 PM

Jesus, enough about Defacto.

I assume this happens in NYC because it's a bustling city where you need to keep moving because people have places to be. I could see this also happening in Hollywood or something, on Hollywood Boulevard where fucking tourists are lollygagging, walking slow, filming, taking pics, etc. It annoys the shit out of me too. When I am driving in the parking lot of the grocery store, without fucking fail, some chick walks out in front of me, sometimes with kids, looking at her phone. They just assume you are going to stop, I guess. Luckily I do and am not also staring at my phone. I totally understand the guy with the dog glaring at the one girl. And again, crying on fucking video is so lame and manipulative. The fact that the chicks just stay on their phone is ridiculous. I've never been to NYC but I lived in Hollywood and I know the pain of walking behind someone who is oblivious. Also, fuck tik tok and influencers. Use your influence to make people more courteous!

by Anonymousreply 96March 27, 2024 5:10 PM

[quote] “Actually what we need to do is encourage proactive bystanders, not further regulate women’s existence in public spaces. People just stand and stare. That’s the problem,” one viewer shared in the comments.

No, you stupid fucking cunt, you ALSO have to pay attention to surroundings. Everyone - man, woman, they/thems - has to be alert.

The idea that bystanders need to be responsible for Becky because she can't keep her eyes off her phone for 10 fucking seconds is nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 97March 27, 2024 5:17 PM

[quote] Defacto expects us to swallow the idea that lots of crime goes unreported, BUT ONLY IN THE LIBERAL CITIES he resents and dislikes. Every crime in Pittsburgh and Jackson MS is immediately reported!

Oh sure, Jan.

Especially in Pittsburgh, where the police just basically said - sorry, you're on your own late at night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 27, 2024 5:19 PM

The sad thing is there are lots of people walking around selfishly, childishly, stupidly not looking where they are going and forcing good people to get out their way.

Most people just act like the bigger person and get out of their way and carry on.

All it takes is one crazy wacko to smack them in the face and they suddenly turn it around and THEY are the innocent victim in the situation.

by Anonymousreply 99March 27, 2024 5:19 PM

The first rule of Punch TicTok Influencer In the Face Club is you don’t talk about Punch TicTok Influencer In the Face Club.

by Anonymousreply 100March 27, 2024 5:21 PM

If I ever lay my two eyes on you again, I'm gonna walk right up to you and hammer on that monkey skull of yours 'til it rings like a Chinese gong!

by Anonymousreply 101March 27, 2024 5:23 PM

Statistics clearly show that Blacks commit about 60% of all violent crime in America despite them being 13% of the population.

by Anonymousreply 102March 27, 2024 5:33 PM

Note to self: stop checking phone while walking.

I don't need some idiot deciding to punch me because he's decided that it irritates him that I checked my phone.

by Anonymousreply 103March 27, 2024 5:35 PM

r102, statistics clearly show something - just not the something you just claimed they do. What's your agenda?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104March 27, 2024 5:41 PM

I’m a proud NYer. It’s not like anyone ever shoots up our elementary schools. I’ve never seen anyone get punched but people should definitely look up from their phones. It’s so annoying. Nothing will happen to you if you’re aware of your surroundings.

by Anonymousreply 105March 27, 2024 5:46 PM

[quote]Note to self: stop checking phone while walking. I don't need some idiot deciding to punch me because he's decided that it irritates him that I checked my phone.

No, you selfish, narcissistic fool. The problem is not "checking your phone" per se, it's keeping your face down and your head so totally buried in your phone that you're completely unaware of people who are walking along the sidewalk in the opposite direction, therefore putting ALL of the onus on THEM to move out of YOUR way in order to avoid walking into you.

Do you understand now, you moron?

by Anonymousreply 106March 27, 2024 5:46 PM

R104 proved the point their crime rate is way higher than their population

by Anonymousreply 107March 27, 2024 5:46 PM

Crazy violent weirdos have been attacking random, vulnerable-looking people in crowded urban areas for thousands of years.

by Anonymousreply 108March 27, 2024 5:47 PM

R107👍

by Anonymousreply 109March 27, 2024 5:50 PM

[quote] proved the point their crime rate is way higher than their population

White colonizers slaughtered the entire Native population when "discovering" America R107. You don't wanna start a debate over certain populations and violence. You really don't want to go there.

by Anonymousreply 110March 27, 2024 5:50 PM

Next time I see a someone walking down a crowded sidewalk looking at their phone I’m going tell them what a wonderful person they are and give them a compliment to brighten their day. And, after asking their permission, hug them and tell them they’re special.

by Anonymousreply 111March 27, 2024 5:51 PM

R109🖕

by Anonymousreply 112March 27, 2024 5:52 PM

I hate Meanderthals that have no concept of anyone or anything around them, just waddling through life taking up space.

by Anonymousreply 113March 27, 2024 5:53 PM

r107 backtracking now, are we? Yes, black people commit more violent crimes per capita than white people. That's NOT the claim that 101 made, which is that black people commit 60% of violent crimes. If we looked at statistics another way, (say, at income level of violent crime committers vs. their race). it would show that poor people (who are disproportionally black and hispanic), commit more crimes than per capita than people who have money. And that makes perfect sense. Poor people are often desperate, which translates into muggings, armed robberies, etc.

by Anonymousreply 114March 27, 2024 5:55 PM

R110 Thank you! I acknowledge this land belonged to and was stolen from Non-Looking Down At Their Smartphone While Walking Tribe. ✊🏼

by Anonymousreply 115March 27, 2024 5:55 PM

R110 You are straight-up racist. The women being punched for looking down at their phones on crowded cities today have suffered far, far worse than the original Indian settlers who had their land stolen from them.

by Anonymousreply 116March 27, 2024 5:57 PM

That was kind of my point, r98.

[quote] Jesus, enough about Defacto.

Can you pleas make the troll disappear? Kisses in advance!

by Anonymousreply 117March 27, 2024 6:00 PM

Look at Defacto dragging black crime statistics into this. The exact same Defacto who just said statistics are meaningless when they refute his agenda. 🤡

by Anonymousreply 118March 27, 2024 6:03 PM

R110, of course you have a point as far it goes, but alas, it's totally false equivalency.

by Anonymousreply 119March 27, 2024 6:07 PM

Bethenny Frankel claims this happened to her at a UWS bakery.

The assailant was described as a cross eyed homosexual with salt and pepper hair, coke residue visible on his nostrils, wearing an outfit inappropriate for someone of his advanced years.

The suspect is considered dangerous because his walleye makes it difficult for him to walk in a straight line. Twinks are encouraged to shelter in place and avoid Grindr.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 27, 2024 6:08 PM

R110 let’s talk about Africans committing genocide against each other. Let’s talk about the Haitians slaughtering all the French. Fuck you, you black supremacist cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 27, 2024 6:09 PM

It's not just people looking at their phones. It's people who look well dressed, groomed, generally happy and successful in life, going on their way and minding their own business and some lunatic who needs to be in a mental institution hates them for it.

That poor dude who got pushed in front of a train the other day at 125th Street. Completely random and unprovoked, now dead from mental patient.

by Anonymousreply 122March 27, 2024 6:12 PM

Get off TikTok.

by Anonymousreply 123March 27, 2024 6:12 PM

Guys have this happen to them too. You ladies wanted equality. Before the age of smartphones when this kind of thing happened we got up our moxie. We got some bros together and went after the fucker and paid him back with interest. These chicks get on social media and discuss the unfairness and misogyny for clicks on their look at me sight. It’s funny really. Call me primitive.

by Anonymousreply 124March 27, 2024 6:18 PM

I hate black people!!!!

by Anonymousreply 125March 27, 2024 6:18 PM

It is an irony that the people who hate new york city on the DL are also the people who like violence towards women.

They must be so torn.

by Anonymousreply 126March 27, 2024 6:19 PM

Of course, R122. No one denies that. There are a lot of completely unprovoked attacks by mentally ill people, in addition to some attacks that might be the result of "pedestrian rage" at selfish morons who find it beneath them to look where they're going. This is not a black and white, "they're all the same" situation.

by Anonymousreply 127March 27, 2024 6:20 PM

R121 Oh look the hit dog is hollering! It seems I struck a nerve with the KKK members of datalounge haha. Adolf Hitler alone had almost 12 million people slaughtered in his quest to be "the master race". It can't compare to Black men in the ghetto. You silly emotional cunt.

[quote], of course you have a point as far it goes, but alas, it's totally false equivalency

How so?

by Anonymousreply 128March 27, 2024 6:23 PM

[quote]It's not only young women that walk around the streets of NYC glued to their phones. So why are they the only ones being randomly socked in the face?

THANK YOU! Plenty of people from every demographic do this, yet women are targeted.

by Anonymousreply 129March 27, 2024 6:27 PM

[quote]Guys have this happen to them too. You ladies wanted equality. Before the age of smartphones when this kind of thing happened we got up our moxie. We got some bros together and went after the fucker and paid him back with interest. These chicks get on social media and discuss the unfairness and misogyny for clicks on their look at me sight. It’s funny really. Call me primitive.

Sir, I think you are lost. the red pill forum is elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 130March 27, 2024 6:29 PM

[quote]Well, where are all the proud DL NYers now?

We're right here, R8. Is there something your jealous, Klansas bitch ass needs from us?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 27, 2024 6:38 PM

R101 Hi Marky Mark

by Anonymousreply 132March 27, 2024 6:47 PM

[quote]"I guess if you're in New York right now and you're walking while looking at your phone," she said. "Maybe don't do that."

Um, yes. Was this her first trip to New York??

When you’re crammed into a small space alongside stressed out crazy people, I’d suggest having your wits about you.

Truly, keep moving and don’t make eye contact.

by Anonymousreply 133March 27, 2024 6:47 PM

R128, if you can't understand why comparing the violence committed against Native Americans by colonizers is not comparable to the violence committed by people walking along the streets of New York City, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to bother to explain it for you. Because I'm sure you wouldn't understand my explanation, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 134March 27, 2024 6:51 PM

R128 just admit you’re a white-hating Nazi who is contributing to a movement that has a lot of Hitler qualities.

by Anonymousreply 135March 27, 2024 6:57 PM

R134 I'm not just talking new York, and neither were the other posters talking about Black people committing 60% of ALL crimes. That goes beyond the OP land that's what I was responding to. If we're gonna talk about certain American populations and violence then mention it all.

[quote] just admit you’re a white-hating Nazi who is contributing to a movement that has a lot of Hitler qualities.

What group would that be genius? Do they wear jackets? You're such tool R135.

by Anonymousreply 136March 27, 2024 7:02 PM

Again, why are we talking about black crime in this thread, Defacto? Because you hate black people as much as you hate liberal cities, maybe even more, and you need to make every topic about black crime so you can splutter about it?

What does your cosplay teacakerises have to say about this matter?

by Anonymousreply 137March 27, 2024 7:09 PM

[quote]THANK YOU! Plenty of people from every demographic do this

But some demographic groups are way over represented...

by Anonymousreply 138March 27, 2024 7:09 PM

I’m planning foreign travel and viewing a lot of travel videos that emphasize what people need to do to try to avoid being the victim of crime. There’s no difference between that and saying that women likely to be punched in public need to change their behavior and to be more alert to avoid the surprise punch.

by Anonymousreply 139March 27, 2024 7:11 PM

He should have used a taser

by Anonymousreply 140March 27, 2024 7:13 PM

This bitch has to get involved in everything.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 27, 2024 7:27 PM

Bethenny wasn’t punched.

by Anonymousreply 142March 27, 2024 7:40 PM

Seriously how many of these people are lying?

by Anonymousreply 143March 27, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote]R141 Bethenny Frankel says she was punched on NYC street in random attack: ‘Insane’

I’d think that was an everyday occurrence for her.

by Anonymousreply 144March 27, 2024 8:12 PM

R144. Agreed

by Anonymousreply 145March 27, 2024 8:18 PM

R144 That wasn't random. They had it in for her like most people.

by Anonymousreply 146March 27, 2024 9:37 PM

[quote] That poor dude who got pushed in front of a train the other day at 125th Street. Completely random and unprovoked, now dead from mental patient.

Locking mentally ill people away was deemed too cruel, though, and now they are mainstreamed into the public.

by Anonymousreply 147March 27, 2024 10:02 PM

It's NYC. They probably weren't walking fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 148March 27, 2024 10:26 PM

Queens who are defending and finding excuses for this vicious human garbage probably have punchable faces too and will be next to be attacked by this lovely POC gentlemen. Their high appreciation of white nellies is a well known fact.

by Anonymousreply 149March 27, 2024 10:39 PM

Sometimes, a gruff “Move it along, toots” is simply insufficient.

by Anonymousreply 150March 27, 2024 10:42 PM

R149 they’re one of two things as all Yasss Kweens are: either weak POC who are benefiting from this recent wave of blq supremacy or guilty femme whiteys who hate themselves and are trying to separate themselves from their hillbilly upbringing.

by Anonymousreply 151March 27, 2024 10:51 PM

R149 oh and the whiteys who fetishize BBC and POC dong.

by Anonymousreply 152March 27, 2024 10:51 PM

Right. And probably the type that are bitterly envious of fraus that they defend this disgusting cowardly violence against white girls. They should just transition, it would make them feel better.

by Anonymousreply 153March 27, 2024 11:08 PM

Where women's rights to live freely and fearlessly are eroded, gay men's rights always follow.

by Anonymousreply 154March 27, 2024 11:34 PM

R154 yeah, those fucking republicans are ruining New York City!

by Anonymousreply 155March 27, 2024 11:36 PM

I was watching JEOPARDY! just now (Wednesday evening, 3/27) and there was a news teaser that another woman was punched in the face, this one in Brooklyn.

by Anonymousreply 156March 27, 2024 11:38 PM

Wokes have a scary way of ignoring black on white crime, like brainwashed scary. If a black person so much as gets a hangnail though, they’re calling in the National Guard.

by Anonymousreply 157March 27, 2024 11:44 PM

Are we sure they’re not just running into trees? Or light posts?

by Anonymousreply 158March 27, 2024 11:48 PM

[quote]but you are completely out of touch with how society at large view white men vs non-white men. The stereotypes still exist.

You mean black men vs non-black men. It isn’t whites vs everyone else, LOL. Get a mitt and catch a clue.

by Anonymousreply 159March 27, 2024 11:53 PM

Actually we could have better care for mentally ill people, but republicans refuse to pay for it.

Then when mentally ill people kill others, they blame “the liberal elites” for it.

by Anonymousreply 160March 28, 2024 1:24 AM

[quote] have a scary way of ignoring black on white crime, like brainwashed scary.

Neo-fash have a way of making everything about race, like racist scary.

Apparently if you’re shot by a black man, you get more injured than if you’re shot by a white man.

by Anonymousreply 161March 28, 2024 1:28 AM

I wish we could have a thread about shitty behavior without some scumbags trying to ruin it into a racial thing.

by Anonymousreply 162March 28, 2024 1:31 AM

And even though it's clearly shitty on the puncher's side, it's also shitty on the punchee's side. It's what we in the business like to call a "moral dilemma". If some dumb asshole is fucking slowly walk streaming in front of you, can you punch them? What if you're rushing to the ER with a critical wound? What if you're getting medicine for your ailing mom and the pharmacy is about to close?

by Anonymousreply 163March 28, 2024 1:38 AM

Just push the fuckers out of the way!

by Anonymousreply 164March 28, 2024 1:54 AM

R160 why don’t you ask Chirlane McCray, Bill DeBlasio’s ex, where all the money for mental illness in NYC went? About $1B vanished and zero accountability or even basic accounting for what happened to it. Funny that Tit James ain’t ever looked into that mystery…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 28, 2024 3:11 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 28, 2024 3:14 AM

Tit James is a really stupid nickname. Even Trump wouldn't say something that dumb, r165

by Anonymousreply 167March 28, 2024 3:51 AM

R167 okay, but where’s that money???

by Anonymousreply 168March 28, 2024 3:55 AM

I blame Satan’s rock music.

This didn’t happen when people sang “Put Your Hand in the Hand of the Man From Galilee”.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 28, 2024 4:04 AM

I’m surprised none of these women have hit back

by Anonymousreply 170March 28, 2024 4:20 AM

She spent it on 3,000 pairs of shoes, r168. Is that what you want to hear?

by Anonymousreply 171March 28, 2024 5:16 AM

[quote]okay, but where’s that money???

In her bra.

by Anonymousreply 172March 28, 2024 5:20 AM

Hey Defacto at r165, read your own article (from five fucking years ago!). It explains where the money went.

Meanwhile back to the republicans who could be funding mental health but are instead doing this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173March 28, 2024 5:27 AM

[quote]If some dumb asshole is fucking slowly walk streaming in front of you, can you punch them? What if you're rushing to the ER with a critical wound? What if you're getting medicine for your ailing mom and the pharmacy is about to close?

The answer to the first question is 'no'. ALWAYS FUCKING 'NO'.

The answer to the next two questions don't even remotely apply to the thrust of this story which, according to the DL hivemind seems to be: a random passing woman on the sidewalk minorly inconveniences a man, she therefore deserves to be sucker punched in the face by said man. In fact, not only does she deserve it, but her assault is vital to societal growth. Obnoxious women need to be punched in the face by men or they may never learn to stop inconveniencing them.

And also, despite the fact that the demographics of this site is something like 80% white, and something like 98% of this thread enthusiastically subscribed to the above sentiment, the REAL problem is black on white violence and the mindset that fuels it.

SCIENCE!

Honestly, it may be time for my quarterly DL cleanse, because this thread has been soul-rotting.

by Anonymousreply 174March 28, 2024 5:35 AM

[quote]R174 the REAL problem is black on white violence and the mindset that fuels it.

You mean a history of enslavement, exploitation, neglect, oppression, and lynching?

by Anonymousreply 175March 28, 2024 5:46 AM

R175

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176March 28, 2024 5:51 AM

R175 the oppressed can easily turn into oppressors if you give them a chance.

And Rwanda for eg. where the oppressed tribe committed one of the most atrocious genocides against the member of the tribe whose ancestors had been the oppressors.

Serbs in Bosnia have killed 8000 Muslim men and boys in a day on the wave of "woke" Milošević politics whose main substance was pulling out all the injustices and oppression committed against Serbs during the Ottoman empire and during WW2 (which had been real).

Have you noticed that Putin, when attacking Ukraine, pulled out the Ukrainian Nazis from WW2. Nobody can deny that Russians had been one of the greatest victims of WW2.

When an ethnicity, nation or tribe start side eyeing another one for the injustice that their ancestors had committed against their ancestors you know it is just not going to end well. The new bigotry gets started because you put the blame on someone solely because of his race, ethnicity etc., which is as toxic as the previous injustices.

You Americans lack the historical knowledge that us people from other parts of the world have, but all this anti white ideology is very dangerous. Blacks are still minority, but nothing is preventing assholes among them from these individual "retribution". Particularly when they can pull out the race victim card (like Isreali Jews did for decades) and be absolved.

by Anonymousreply 177March 28, 2024 9:57 AM

Very cogently and eloquently stated, R177. Nice to know there are SOME intelligent people posting on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 178March 28, 2024 1:11 PM

r177 typical victim blaming. Go comfort your racist white trash Social Security and Medicare-sucking relatives who worship Trump.

by Anonymousreply 179March 28, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote]The answer to the next two questions don't even remotely apply to the thrust of this story which, according to the DL hivemind seems to be: a random passing woman on the sidewalk minorly inconveniences a man, she therefore deserves to be sucker punched in the face by said man.

Only a few people here have actually said that these women deserve to be sucker punched, and I certainly hope they were joking. But for the umpteenth time, people walking along the sidewalk with their faces buried in their phones and not looking where they're going are not "minor inconveniences." That might be true if only a tiny percentage of phone users exhibited such behavior, but the fact that SO MANY people do is a public nuisance that creates a safety issue. This over and above the fact that it's so stupidly selfish to behave that way, especially in a major city with tremendous amounts of foot traffic.

And OF COURSE, lots of men exhibit this behavior as well. I agree that the reason we're reading about only women being attacked for it is, in fact, due to cowardice on the part of the attackers, who will hit or body slam a woman but not a man.

by Anonymousreply 180March 28, 2024 1:19 PM

[quote]If it was a black woman hit by a white man

A black woman would probably chase the guy down and beat the shit out of him.

by Anonymousreply 181March 28, 2024 1:21 PM

Are non "influencers" complaining? Influencers are not known for being always truthful.

by Anonymousreply 182March 28, 2024 1:25 PM

If it's okay to grab women by the pussy, why wouldn't it be okay to punch them?

That's how we roll in the age of trump. We will pay for him for the rest of our lives.

by Anonymousreply 183March 28, 2024 1:25 PM

This woman isn't an influencer, R182. She wasn't even on her phone at the time of the attack. The POS who hit her was apprehended but is ALREADY back on the street for some idiotic reason, which is why horrible problems like this ARE NOT going to get any better. Ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 28, 2024 1:39 PM

R179 is beyond repair

by Anonymousreply 185March 28, 2024 1:45 PM

R179 braindead gurlina, what victims do you think I was blaming? Pieces of shit who are punching random women on the streets or those who have committed genocides?

by Anonymousreply 186March 28, 2024 1:58 PM

Maybe it's the new jugging.

by Anonymousreply 187March 28, 2024 2:24 PM

[quote]The POS who hit her was apprehended but is ALREADY back on the street

And the mayor gets to say "crime is down". Of course it is if an attack like this goes without charges.

by Anonymousreply 188March 28, 2024 2:52 PM

Who was it R188? And which her are we talking about? The annoying influencers or the innocent chick?

by Anonymousreply 189March 28, 2024 2:57 PM

Asshole thug arrested.

No surprise here.....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 28, 2024 2:59 PM

✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾✊🏾

by Anonymousreply 191March 28, 2024 3:06 PM

R191, you're not black.

by Anonymousreply 192March 28, 2024 3:28 PM

R192 I identify as black. ✊🏾

by Anonymousreply 193March 28, 2024 3:40 PM

No, you don't.

by Anonymousreply 194March 28, 2024 3:50 PM

[quote] This woman isn't an influencer, [R182]. She wasn't even on her phone at the time of the attack. The POS who hit her was apprehended but is ALREADY back on the street for some idiotic reason, which is why horrible problems like this ARE NOT going to get any better. Ever.

The lesson from that case is not to live in NYC. If you choose to continue to live there, you’re setting yourself up to be a future victim. No women and no men where I live are being punched in the face in public by a stranger.

by Anonymousreply 195March 28, 2024 3:55 PM

You guys, like, literally… literally, you guys

by Anonymousreply 196March 28, 2024 3:58 PM

It's staggering, all the girls who think the Carrie Bradshaw lifestyle is still a viable option for the times in which we live. Did they get any other nourishment besides HBO when they were growing up?

by Anonymousreply 197March 28, 2024 4:01 PM

I was like, literally, walking and I like literally kept walking, cause like, what else could I do?

You should have just literally been walking, eyes forward, the whole time, and that way, if some fucker punches you, you can literally, punch them back!

by Anonymousreply 198March 28, 2024 4:01 PM

It was done by a Trump supporter!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 28, 2024 7:57 PM

R177, you are correct that victimhood has been used to justify some heinous shit. That doesn't mean we should stop trying to understand the past and identify systemic racism. You're not an American so you might not understand the role racism plays in our recent history. Did you know that black people were excluded from voting as recently as 1965? When Trump was trying to overturn the election, the unspoken basis of his argument was that he had been voted out of office by people who weren't "legitimate" voters ie non-whites.

You speak very confidently about the history and culture of a foreign country and I think you could afford to have a little humility. People are not "playing the race victim card" when they talk about history or how living as a black person in America is different from being a white person. This kind of talk about "playing the race card" used to be more common in America but it's died out as regular people have become more aware of the existence of racism.

Finally, "anti-white ideology" is not a mainstream thing. There are fringe groups like the Nation of Islam that hate white people but it's not a normal or common belief. There's certainly no major political movement that's based around hating white people. "Anti white bigotry" is a boogyman invented by right-wing media to scare their viewers.

by Anonymousreply 200March 28, 2024 8:16 PM

I saw one on the news and she had one bad black eye. Horrible.

by Anonymousreply 201March 28, 2024 8:34 PM

R200 I know quite a lot about US, since I live in your, I will not exaggerate if I say, colony, EU. You are the one that needs some humility.

Everyone is aware of the atrocities the Americans have done to their black fellow citizens, but your problem is that you are reversing one hatred with another. And no, Nation of Islam has nothing to do with it. This toxic ideology has been introduced by corporations, American oligarchs (all white btw) and their servants in academia and media. It is turned against white working and middle class anyway and it is a cunning plan to keep sheep in cultural and racial wars while they are exploiting you. And it won't end well.

You have no universal healthcare, no maternity leave (just you and few 3rd world countries) can't afford the housing, but you are solving systemic racism. Don't make me lough. The "woker" you are, the blacks ghettos get more crime ridden, poorer, black families destroyed, more blacks are homeless.

by Anonymousreply 202March 28, 2024 8:43 PM

The EU is a colony of the US?

We’re dealing with a deep thinker.

by Anonymousreply 203March 28, 2024 8:52 PM

It is called neocolonialism R203

by Anonymousreply 204March 28, 2024 8:53 PM

The more publicity this gets, the more these sick fucks are going to do it.

by Anonymousreply 205March 28, 2024 9:04 PM

Hate crime.

by Anonymousreply 206March 28, 2024 9:20 PM

[quote] It is called neocolonialism [R203]

No, it isn’t.

[quote] Neocolonialism is the continuation or reimposition of imperialist rule by a state (usually, a former colonial power) over another nominally independent state (usually, a former colony).This is the continuation of colonial representations and realities which remain after formal colonisation has come to an end. Neocolonialism is the control of less-developed countries by developed countries through indirect means. The term neocolonialism was first used after World War II to refer to the continuing dependence of former colonies on foreign countries, but its meaning soon broadened to apply, more generally, to places where the power of developed countries was used to produce a colonial-like exploitation. Neocolonialism takes the form of economic imperialism, globalization, cultural imperialism and conditional aid to influence or control a developing country instead of the previous colonial methods of direct military control or indirect political control (hegemony).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 28, 2024 9:23 PM

There really are a lot of stupid sick fucks in this thread. What a bunch of violence-supporting freaks you are. Sick fucks.

by Anonymousreply 208March 28, 2024 9:27 PM

Incels are going direct to punishing women who they think won't fuck them.

It is Trump's paraphilic pussy grabbing with fists.

Public object rape.

by Anonymousreply 209March 28, 2024 9:41 PM

People think it's being coordinated by incels at The New School.

[quote]More on the girls (~27 so far) who are getting punched in the face in NYC. Currently the theory is that this is being coordinated on a Discord server by two incels at @TheNewSchool.

[quote]There was the black man in the red jacket who was arrested for punching two women, but there have also been reports of a short white man with black hair, a woman (no description), and the man in the video here. The victims are young women on their phone who seem to be distracted. This could tie in to a gripe I’ve seen from red pilled guys that women are too involved with social media to give “good guys” a chance. It’s this diagnosis of why they’re not getting laid. Or it could just be that they’re distracted. It seems whoever is coordinating this is hiring unhoused people to carry out their desired act.

[quote]@thenewschool, can you see if any of your students who are actively using discord on school wifi might match the description of incel types (they do not hide themselves well) and investigate their activity?

[quote]There are also two “games” this might line up with. The NYC Knockout Game (which originally started with black men but has likely been co-opted) and Chick Pickin.

[quote]The victims vary in race and some are not on a phones, but they’re all 20-something women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210March 28, 2024 10:12 PM

Link for R210.

I don't know who this woman is or how credible she is, I just saw her post on Twitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211March 28, 2024 10:14 PM

R200 no one ideology but the sentiment does exist...usually the strongest places it comes from however are, well, other whites.

by Anonymousreply 212March 28, 2024 10:29 PM

Imagine if groups of White men where roaming the streets of NYC and beating up black women for sport

It would be the top news story in the country and they would be facing 20 years in prison

Instead we are getting zero news coverage and they are being released without bail

This is “equitable” justice

by Anonymousreply 213March 28, 2024 10:49 PM

So story time, this aint anything new. When I was still living in NYC, I was taking the subway home to Brooklyn and some psychotic moron started literally chasing me down the stairs and cursing at me for doing nothing...he had a stick and kept hitting my bag with it too. This was in the midst of covid in 2020 so no one was around but mercifully at the last moment some lady security person came around allthough she did jack shit other than tell him to get away from me. He stopped chasing me and I thought he had dissapeared but when I was on the platform waiting he showed up again and while ignoring me, he went up to a group of girls and started coughing in their faces , then got in the train with us and started blaming covid on them (they were asian).

Anyway, unsurprisingly to me who knows the shit luck I always have when I was about to get up and get out at my stop I realized the psycho was getting off at my fucking stop....I stayed put and decided to get off at the next one.

Anyways, literally 2 months later there started to be reports about a man beating up and hitting women right outside the subway station I was supposed to get off at. Something clicked in my head and a few days later they arrested the dude....this dude. His target seemed light skin woc (though I am white)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214March 28, 2024 10:54 PM

[quote] "Anti white bigotry" is a boogyman invented by right-wing media to scare their viewers.

Bullshit.

Ibram X. Kendi, the Boston University professor, all over the media, author of "How to Be an Antiracist" : “The only remedy to racist discrimination is antiracist discrimination. The only remedy to past discrimination is present discrimination. The only remedy to present discrimination is future discrimination."

by Anonymousreply 215March 28, 2024 10:58 PM

R214 Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez announced today that an East Williamsburg man has been sentenced to 12 to 24 years in prison for a series of attacks on women in East Williamsburg, selecting his victims based on their gender and skin color. from 2022 surprised he didn’t get probation

by Anonymousreply 216March 28, 2024 10:59 PM

R200 we’re starting to realize we got hoodwinked, gaslit, and manipulated by all that BLM bullshit. Backed into a corner and extorted. We’re over it. The tide is turning.

by Anonymousreply 217March 28, 2024 11:00 PM

Wait, so are all of the female victims that have shared their story white? Is that why this thread has turned into some misguided critical race discussion?

by Anonymousreply 218March 29, 2024 12:07 AM

I'd take precautions and wear a helmet with a visor.

by Anonymousreply 219March 29, 2024 12:21 AM

[quote] Wait, so are all of the female victims that have shared their story white?

No, not all of the victims are white, and not all of the assailants are black, but we're ignoring the black, Latina and Asian victims and the white assailants because some DLers like racism.

by Anonymousreply 220March 29, 2024 12:26 AM

That's pretty much what I thought, R220.

by Anonymousreply 221March 29, 2024 12:32 AM

Remember the Rick Moranis incident?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222March 29, 2024 12:33 AM

R220 feel free to post some examples

by Anonymousreply 223March 29, 2024 12:49 AM

R215 why are whites around him such cattle not to punch this Ibrahim in the face and beat the shit out of him to show hom what discrimination is, so he could rightfully seek revenge.

by Anonymousreply 224March 29, 2024 12:57 AM

Jesus Christ, this thread is a fountain of stupidity.

The facts:

The offender is not a scary liberal Black man.

The offender is a Trump-supporting Black man.

As a Trump-supporting man, his preponderance to violence is higher than the average man.

The offender’s locale is not important and randomly hitting women in public is not unique to NY.

OP is yet another “Democrat-run cities are inherently dangerous…societal decay, etc., etc. “;post, ignoring the country’s year-over-year crime drop.

OP is counting on DM and NYDP alarmist postings to fuel his R agenda.

Go home, Maureen. Go home!

by Anonymousreply 225March 29, 2024 1:04 AM

"As a Trump-supporting man, his preponderance to violence is higher than the average man."

I'd like to know the stats of that thank you lol

by Anonymousreply 226March 29, 2024 1:08 AM

[quote]No, not all of the victims are white, and not all of the assailants are black, but we're ignoring the black, Latina and Asian victims

Because in our society, white women's tears are treated as having a far higher value than the stories from victims who are POC.

by Anonymousreply 227March 29, 2024 1:09 AM

R227 then you must come from the 50s of last century. The opposite is fashionable these days.

by Anonymousreply 228March 29, 2024 1:11 AM

R227 , R214 here and clearly that was not the case with the guy here. Most of his victims were woc, if light skinned. They were treated with value, guy didnt even get parole.

by Anonymousreply 229March 29, 2024 1:14 AM

[quote]As a Trump-supporting man, his preponderance to violence is higher than the average man.

FBI statistics prove otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 230March 29, 2024 1:27 AM

Not just punches but scalding water too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231March 29, 2024 2:28 AM

As you can see here, he's a Trumper and mostly targets young women of color.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232March 29, 2024 3:18 AM

R232 Jesus, what a fucking creep! I barely got through half of that video and feel like I need a shower. There isn't a chance in hell this guy won't soon be escalating to rape/murder.

by Anonymousreply 233March 29, 2024 3:25 AM

The woman at the end in hysterics is the final chilling moment. With him sneering "Democrat voter" into his cell phone.

by Anonymousreply 234March 29, 2024 3:29 AM

BTW, I in no way endorse I Mem Therefore I Am's vile political views. This was simply a window into the perpetrator's actions.

by Anonymousreply 235March 29, 2024 3:36 AM

This whole story would have made a fantastic "ripped from the headlines" SVU episode back in its glory days.

by Anonymousreply 236March 29, 2024 3:52 AM

Because their terrible eyebrows look like THAT!!

by Anonymousreply 237March 29, 2024 4:11 AM

[quote] I was watching JEOPARDY! just now (Wednesday evening, 3/27) and there was a news teaser that another woman was punched in the face, this one in Brooklyn.

[bold]NYC woman suffers broken jaw when randomly punched while walking down street[/bold]

CROWN HEIGHTS, Brooklyn (PIX11) – A Brooklyn woman suffered a broken jaw when a stranger randomly punched her while she was walking down the street Tuesday.

The unprovoked attack happened in broad daylight at Grand Avenue and Dean Street in Crown Heights and was caught on surveillance video.

Dulce Pichardo, 57, was walking down the sidewalk when out of nowhere she was punched in the face. The blow caused Pichardo to stumble backward.

“He just punched me on the right side here, very strong,” Pichardo told PIX11 News. She said her attacker never said a word.

TikTok videos of women being punched in NYC lead to 2 arrests: NYPD

“I was surprised. I said, ‘What’s going on? Why did you hit me? Why did you do it?’ I didn’t do anything. No reason to hit me,” Pichardo said.

Pichardo’s brother owns a restaurant across the street and was able to chase down his sister’s attacker. The suspect, 33-year-old Franz Jeudy, was arrested and charged with assault, police said.

Pichardo’s jaw has been wired shut as a result of the punch. Three of her teeth were knocked out and she has nerve damage. She’s also lost feeling in her lips and currently has to drink her food from a straw.

Beyond her injuries, Pichardo said what has affected her the most is her fear. She hopes the city will do more to make sure people are safe just walking down a street.

“I don’t want this happening again. I want New York to do something about this. They have to stop this. It’s not fair,” Pichardo said.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238March 29, 2024 11:44 AM

[quote]Jesus, what a fucking creep! I barely got through half of that video and feel like I need a shower. There isn't a chance in hell this guy won't soon be escalating to rape/murder.

He'll be arrested and released dozens more times before he gets to that.

by Anonymousreply 239March 29, 2024 11:57 AM

This thread just got very quiet. Anybody want to pipe up about how the bitches had it coming?

by Anonymousreply 240March 29, 2024 12:41 PM

[quote] This thread just got very quiet.

When everyone has had their say and everything that can be said has been said until something new happens, all threads should be like that.

by Anonymousreply 241March 29, 2024 1:04 PM

Is R232 a Trumper?

by Anonymousreply 242March 29, 2024 2:24 PM

I just find it interesting that dataloungers were giddy about women getting thumped right up until that video where a man records himself being a cockroach. Then the posts slow to a trickle.

It's rape culture dogma to never blame a man of a certain labelled oppressed class. Whether he's trans, black or Muslim like some certain grooming gangs in England. The only alternative is blaming the victims, and then as we see in this thread stone silence.

by Anonymousreply 243March 29, 2024 4:31 PM

So true R243

by Anonymousreply 244March 29, 2024 4:42 PM

I asked if it was the new jugging trend. This guy is a loon and obviously looking for internet notoriety.

That said, I find people walking along glued to their phones with ear plugs in annoying as fuck. It's also dangerous to their own safety. He seemed to harass women who were dressing a certain way and really wanted to shame them.

by Anonymousreply 245March 29, 2024 4:50 PM

R243 wokes are insane

by Anonymousreply 246March 29, 2024 4:50 PM

Two arrests.

by Anonymousreply 247March 29, 2024 5:54 PM

So two different guys?

by Anonymousreply 248March 29, 2024 5:57 PM

Yes. At least two different dudes.

by Anonymousreply 249March 29, 2024 6:01 PM

R242, although it seems the original tweet is from a pro-Trump person, I am 100% anti-Trump.

The criminal is presumably pro-Trump as he makes disparaging remarks about Democrats at the end of the video.

by Anonymousreply 250March 29, 2024 6:33 PM

R245, he called the young black woman at the bus stop "slutty" and "whorish". I suppose her leggings were form-fitting, but she was wearing nothing revealing or inappropriate.

I also noted that he went after two kinds of women:

Women whom he obviously thought were attractive.

Women whom he obviously thought were unattractive.

That's kind of a broad scope.

by Anonymousreply 251March 29, 2024 6:35 PM

[quote] He'll be arrested and released dozens more times before he gets to that.

True! You can get away with a lot when it comes to abusing women.

by Anonymousreply 252March 29, 2024 8:45 PM

Just posting this to show it's not just women and it's not just whites.

Poor guy just died after 7 years of being in a coma because some waste of space was feeling aggresive. The piece of shit SHOULD get tried for murder.

This is why people loathe those progressives (not saying it's all of them, but alot) that act like being alarmed or wary around rando mental cases around the city is a bourgeoisie white complaint.

by Anonymousreply 253March 30, 2024 2:19 PM

Sorry forgot the link

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254March 30, 2024 2:20 PM

R253 okay… 👍

by Anonymousreply 255March 30, 2024 2:22 PM

I'd also like to point out, the perp of R254 did 6 months. 6 MONTHS of prison time for what ended up being essentially murder.

by Anonymousreply 256March 30, 2024 2:31 PM

Using the logic of some of you that woman staring unaware at their phone deserve to be punched, then obnoxious dog walkers, joggers, cyclists and people too stupid to know to bear right all deserved to be punched in the face for being so inconsiderate, oblivious and annoying.

These women are getting punched because they are women. I am sure there is a racial aspect to it as well. No matter what, men who do this to women should be publicly humiliated and tortured.

by Anonymousreply 257March 30, 2024 2:36 PM

R257 Yassss Kweens are blq supremacists who will eventually call for a yt genocide. They’re evil and the 2nd coming of the Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 258March 30, 2024 2:44 PM

Crazy street people have been assaulting the innocent citizens of crowded NYC sidewalks (and other congested cities) for eons. To spin this as some new phenomenon or uptick in misogyny, technology-usage, racism, police, blah, blah… is mostly specious and is pushed by people with other personal agendas as their priority.

by Anonymousreply 259March 30, 2024 5:06 PM

R259, it is probably an uptick, but also the now ubiquitous cameras are finally showing what violence many of us have lived with for a long time and who is doing it.

by Anonymousreply 260March 30, 2024 6:27 PM

Anyone know what Miss Dee Ranged @ R258 is trying to say?

by Anonymousreply 261March 30, 2024 8:04 PM

Well I'm glad the gov of NY was so humiliated at the funeral of the police officer she was forced to leave after 10 minutes. The murderer had a long rap sheet yet he was out on the street.

He won't get the death penalty. Which shows the madness the world has descended into. Well it doesn't deter murder. It does by that individual you fucking assholes. It's morally wrong. What the fuck? Did you suddenly find Jesus?

And the people saying well she had her face in her phone. Oh she's an influencer. Oh she had ear buds. So that deserves a punch in the face? Lots of assholes on DL.

by Anonymousreply 262March 30, 2024 8:31 PM

Sorry it was his wake not funeral. And she has the gall to say she wasn't forced to leave. So you only stay 10 minutes? I'd call her a cunt but that doesn't seem appropriate so I'll call her a dickhead.

by Anonymousreply 263March 30, 2024 8:41 PM

HOEchul is a dumb bitch

by Anonymousreply 264March 30, 2024 8:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265March 31, 2024 1:06 AM

^ DC is playing catch up!

by Anonymousreply 266March 31, 2024 1:07 AM

[quote]Were they signing frantically for help [R88]?

r89 I should not have laughed as hard at this as I did and am likely going to super hell for it.

by Anonymousreply 267March 31, 2024 5:40 AM

Girls too!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 268April 2, 2024 8:52 PM

R268 I can already see that the woman that showed up after the guy started hitting the perp, yelling at the guy for daring to hit a woman.

by Anonymousreply 269April 2, 2024 9:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!