Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Principal allegedly hurt & threatened to kill a first-grader with gay parents

A Milwaukee Public Schools (MPS) principal has been accused of viciously bullying and harassing a first-grade student whose parents are gay. A recently filed federal lawsuit alleges that Kasongo Kalumbula, currently the principal at MPS’s Bethune Academy, singled out the unnamed student for physical and verbal abuse while he was an assistant principal at the Milwaukee French Immersion School (MFIS) between the fall of 2018 and some time during the 2021–2022 school year.

According to CBS 58, the suit alleges that Kalumbula “began a campaign of harassing and threatening conduct targeting” the student that lasted several years following a meeting with one of the first grader’s parents to address bullying the student had been subjected to on the playground. During that initial meeting with Kalumbula and the school’s principal, Kalumbula allegedly screamed “no queer is going to speak to me like this!”

Kalumbula allegedly locked the student in a dark room for over an hour in the spring of 2019 and threatened to kill him if he told anyone. After he was again bullied by other students for having gay parents in the spring of 2021, Kalumbula allegedly told the student that most people believe it is wrong to be gay and that he (Kalumbula) believed that gay people are “evil” and will “burn in hell.”

After a new MFIS principal informed Kalumbula that the student’s parents had expressed concerns about the harassment the following September, Kalumbula allegedly shoved the child against the wall in the school’s hallway. Kalumbula allegedly “grabbed the child by the arm,” pulling him into an office a few days later.

According to the lawsuit, which names Kalumbula as well as the Milwaukee Board of School Directors, the student’s parents repeatedly attempted to address the situation with Milwaukee Public Schools. But, they allege, “at no point did anyone from the MPS administration offer supportive services or protective measures.” Instead, the suit claims, they faced hostility from staff that was so severe that they eventually moved their child to a school in another district in the middle of the school year. The student remains in treatment for anxiety and trauma resulting from Kalumbula’s alleged harassment.

The suit also claims that at least three other LGBTQ+ families pulled their children out of MFIS due to Kalumbula’s “discriminatory attitudes.”

In a statement to CBS 58, a spokesperson for MPS declined to comment on the lawsuit but said that the district “takes its responsibility for students seriously and acts when issues are identified.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2024 7:59 PM

This is sickening and heartbreaking. So fucking godawful.

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2024 5:28 PM

Blqs are violently homophobic

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2024 5:28 PM

And cowardly to boot, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2024 5:37 PM

This story will be buried and barely, if at all mentioned in mainstream press and media. And you know why.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 5:41 PM

I'm praying this story goes viral and that monster's life is destroyed beyond repair. Let's be honest, if this kid's parent had been trans, he (Kalumbula) would have had to put himself into witness protection by now.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 5:44 PM

I can't even engage in this awful story because the thread has already been hijacked by the Klan Grannies. When do you old cunts sleep?

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 5:55 PM

R6 the insults and accusations mean nothing anymore. You all have overplayed your hand.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2024 6:00 PM

OP is, not surprisingly, a racist troll whom I've already blocked.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 6:02 PM

r7/OP is also:

*Utah women's basketball team has racial insults hurled at them in Idaho*

[quote]R3 it goes both ways. The violent black supremacy movement is building steam and the wokes turn a blind eye to it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 6:04 PM

"Klan Grannies"? What the fuck does this fundie shitstain's race have to do with anything? Are we only allowed to be enraged by stories like this if the bigot in question is white?

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 6:16 PM

R10 yes, we live in a black supremacist world now.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2024 6:16 PM

R10, with all due respect. The race of the piece of shit principal was brought up by the second poster to this thread. Neither OP nor R1 had anything to say about the principal’s race until R2 had to make it about race and use an interesting, Klannish-spelling when doing so.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 6:20 PM

R12 … is R2 wrong?

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2024 6:22 PM

Okay, I'm going to ask the question no one seems to want to ask.

If the parents knew (or even suspected) their child was being bulled by students, and by a staff member WHY THE FUCK DID THEY LEAVE THE CHILD IN THAT SCHOOL? I would have removed my child the day I found out he was being bullied. The day I found out a Vice Principal was mistreating my child I would have shown up and that school with a baseball bat ready to cave in his damn skull.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2024 6:22 PM

R14 calm down, Mama Bear. Take your meds.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2024 6:25 PM

r12, see r9. Do you agree with OP's post there? Also, trolldar r11 while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2024 6:26 PM

Trolldar me all day long. I find pleasure in wasting your time and energy.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2024 6:28 PM

Is the first grader trans? If not why should anyone give a fuck about this!

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2024 6:31 PM

How ironic, r17.

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2024 6:31 PM

My opinion on whether race plays a role in this real world scenario is immaterial to the question of whether or not race has been interjected into this internet conversation, which it very obviously has been as explained in my post at R12.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2024 6:33 PM

OP is a racist troll, r20, you do the math.

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2024 6:36 PM

OP may very well be a racist troll, but that doesn't mean this story isn't an important one that shouldn't be shared and discussed here. Block racists, not news.

by Anonymousreply 22March 26, 2024 6:49 PM

I hope the child will recover....however, the huge settlement with easily pay for his therapy.

What the hell was he thinking....

by Anonymousreply 23March 26, 2024 6:53 PM

This shouldn't just be a lawsuit—he should be facing criminal child abuse charges.

by Anonymousreply 24March 26, 2024 6:59 PM

Lawsuit? Arrest this hateful piece of shit for systematically abusing a child in his care.

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2024 7:01 PM

R14 is right. I'd take my kid out of that school, Pronto. He must be nuts, bullying a kid, he's probably done it before and will again. Why hadn't his ass been arrested? Crazy, ignorant people.

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2024 7:03 PM

Note the demographic involved...

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2024 7:08 PM

Who hired this garbage person? How on earth does he have the American diplomas required for the job? IQ likely in the low 80s at the highest.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2024 7:12 PM

Such a man! He certainly showed that first-grader who's boss. That kid will think twice the next time he gets offered gay parents.

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2024 7:14 PM

But “queer” people tell us only trans people fact this kind of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2024 7:16 PM

This is what racist trolls do. They post a story that features a Black person engaged in criminal or otherwise unflattering behavior, and then they protest when the thread inevitably turns racist and say "I'm not racist! I just posted the story!"

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2024 7:18 PM

Exactly, r31.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2024 7:20 PM

What the hell? Why isn’t this a criminal issue? He should be charged with assault.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2024 7:21 PM

Looks like the principal comes from a severe evangelical background in a country where only 2% of the population supports same-sex marriage. The school district failed to acculturate this idiot. Instead they promoted him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34March 26, 2024 7:21 PM

Googled this guy's name as well as the name of the school. So far the only mention of it is the article posted here, which seemed to have been copied from one report by the local news station. It's absolutely burning me up that this story has so little spread online.

The only social media I engage in is the DL and Reddit, otherwise I would be sharing. Anyone here who does social media in a non-anonymous capacity, please share this far and wide. He is still a principal and could be abusing other gay children/children of gay parents. He should in NO way be employed as an educator of any kind.

by Anonymousreply 35March 26, 2024 7:25 PM

Deport it

by Anonymousreply 36March 26, 2024 7:28 PM

R35, also the national media should cover.

Hey David Muir, come on.....even Anderson. Step up to the plate and cover.

by Anonymousreply 37March 26, 2024 7:29 PM

Ok I looked so you don't have to. His CV posted below.

His diplomas should be revoked. GARBAGE TRASH HUMAN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 26, 2024 7:33 PM

Times like this remind us that the lgbtq movement has been taken over by heterosexuals who are largely indifferent to homosexuals.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2024 7:34 PM

I have had some Congolese friends, a fuckbuddy or two, and even a Congolese surgeon - in France!

They have been liberal, educated and lovely.

This shitstain in Milwaukee is a stubborn belligerent cunt if he shares this world view with American children. There is no excuse, only purposeful hatred.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2024 7:38 PM

Abraham Lincoln University does not have a stellar bar pass rate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2024 7:42 PM

If I could go back and slaughter all the teachers who gay-bashed me it would look like the Carrie prom scene.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2024 7:54 PM

^ I had a PE teacher who graded me on how deep my voice could go and stay. I resented him and didn't overly try - I think my highest grade was a B-

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2024 7:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!