Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Those taking GLP-1 type meds (Wegovy, Zepbound, Saxenda) who had them prescribed and get them online, please share where here

Hi, everyone. I know there are many threads on Ozempic, Wegovy, and the like, but there are way too many threads/posts to weed through to find what I'm looking for. I'm trying to help my friend who has Kaiser for insurance, and was told by her doctor that they have a "policy" that they don't prescribe these drugs for their patients, regardless of whether they have pre-diabetes or not (how fucking ridiculous, and yes, my friend will be changing insurance plans when the enrollment period rolls around). I'm trying to help out by finding out where any of you have gone to do your consult and also get your meds online.

If you would be so kind as so to share, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'd like to help my friend before it develops into something more severe.

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2024 11:34 PM

Why would you start yet ANOTHER fucking thread on this, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2024 12:19 PM

Tell the friend to appeal Kaiser's decision.

It is of course based on money so make Kaiser spend money in responding to the appeal. And then friend can appeal again, over and over.

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2024 12:20 PM

r1 Instead of bitching, you ought to be grateful that another fat whore is soon to be no more.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2024 12:22 PM

This site is infested with fat women.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 12:32 PM

Sorry to hurt your feelings, r1. I did look at the other threads and I couldn't really find what I was looking for. That's why I posted.

Feel free to move along and ignore the thread.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 1:01 PM

Is it Kaiser's policy or the Doctor's? I would try going to another doctor first. I don't understand why a Doctor would not use a drug to treat a disease?

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 1:08 PM

The doctor said it was Kaiser's policy. I believe the quote was "yeah, we don't 'do' Ozempic here" - and my reaction was exactly the same, perhaps change doctors.

However, having had Kaiser in the past, I'm not surprised that they would take that stance and have a somewhat "unwritten" policy regarding that to prevent people from trying to get these meds. I had them about a decade ago and after already having had imaging done of my wrist for carpal tunnel syndrome (while on another insurance), went in to get imaging done to get surgery scheduled and had them tell me I *didn't* have CPS, so surgery wasn't scheduled, but the pain continued, woke up with numb arms, etc. Fast forward to 4 years later, when I had a different insurance (actually it was Medicaid), was sent for imaging again and was told "yes, your wrist is very impacted...they told you what??" In fact, I had it in both wrists. Had the surgery(ies) over the course of the next 2 years.

I believe Kaiser pulls this bullshit often to try to cut down on costs and not have to pay out for real issues. It's sad, really.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2024 1:15 PM

Also, since I posted this, I found an old thread specifically about where to get the meds, so I'll share what that thread said here and maybe others can chime in if they have different ones they use: pushhealth, helloalpha, joinsequence, henrymeds, plushcare.

If anyone knows of or uses any others, feel free to add here.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 1:16 PM

Kaiser preforms a lot of bariatric surgeries so they push those instead. They suggested I gain more weight and qualify for that. Instead I went to henrymeds.com and got it for $300 a month. Once I got comfortable with that I now buy it from various research peptide companies. I do think the henry rx is stronger and safer tho.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 1:21 PM

Thanks, r9 - that's helpful information. I'll pass it along.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 1:24 PM

Why would someone ask questions like that on an anonymous website?

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2024 3:31 PM

I have Kaiser and I am on Ozempic, so your friends Dr is full of BS. There is plenty of information online about what steps you have to take to get Kaiser to approve you. I didn't just walk in and get approved. It's been a process and each time I need my prescription fulfilled, I have to email my Dr and answer all the questions about my eating habits and how much I have been exercising each week. It's a long process but worth it to me as I've lost 35 lbs 6 months and I no longer have knee pain and I am learning about portion control.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 4:06 PM

Thanks, r12. I passed that info along to her.

r11, get a clue. If it was easy to get real assistance with health care in this country, we'd not have to resort to posting on an "anonymous website."

🙄

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2024 4:56 PM

Amazon is now offering online access. Both Ro and FuturHealth do the same.

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2024 10:42 PM

R13 Frau alert, and a really cuntish one too, you're stupid to look on a gay website if you're not a troll FRAU!!!

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2024 11:34 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!