Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Artax swamp scene from “The Neverending Story” (1984) still makes me sad to this day

It made me cry as a child. And I randomly think about this scene sometimes. Idk why it always stuck with me. I guess I just know if this happened to me I would be broken!

This movie was so good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 6:36 PM

Limahl's haircut still makes me sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2024 4:58 AM

Traumatizing a whole generation of children. Thanks for nothing, West Germany!

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2024 5:00 AM

So did the horse survive?

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2024 5:05 AM

No, R3, hence the trauma.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 7:18 AM

That movie was false advertising.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 9:00 AM

The horse dies r3

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 9:06 AM

That scene was like my first experience with *depression*.....

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2024 9:14 AM

The horse comes to life again at the end of the film but it’s pretty grim for a kid’s film. I always loved this film, I think it inspired me to write some fantasy novels. The sequels were not great though, to put it mildly.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 9:27 AM

The author of the book hated the film so much that he had his name removed from the credits.

He especially hated the bare breasted statue things.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 9:37 AM

I always wondered how they managed to sneak bare breasts into a kid’s film, not once but twice. There must have been a fair amount of immature sniggering in the film theatres among kids and embarrassment among parents.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 9:44 AM

Same R7 but unfortunately not my last

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2024 10:11 AM

It didn’t depress me but did break my heart.

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 6:36 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!