Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

'It's like a game.' Gen Z says they're ditching dating apps. There's just one problem

They don't know how to have a conversation in person--one that is not on their phones.

As one young man put it, "We lost most of our high school years to COVID. We want to go out and meet people."

But they don't know how.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 3:45 PM

When I think Gen Z Zeitgeist, my go to expert is Upspeak Vocal Fry truthteller Carrera Kurnik, the "Cultural Strategist" at "Sparks & Honey".

by Anonymousreply 1March 26, 2024 1:24 AM

It’s true. I have a cute nephew who got on the apps then, when all the women matched with him, he realized he didn’t know how to navigate an actual date. So he deleted the apps.

(He then met someone through friends. So happy ending.)

by Anonymousreply 2March 26, 2024 1:27 AM

That's an awkward age for everyone in real life. They don't realize that's "normal" for everyone. Most of them will outgrow it and be fine.

The remaining ones will end up furties and Incels, but every demographic has those people.

by Anonymousreply 3March 26, 2024 1:33 AM

*furries

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 1:34 AM

I know DL loves mindless generational generalizations, but only a small fraction of Gen Z are like this -- the ones who are online 24/7. Maybe 7 to 10 percent. I'm a high school teacher, and the only stereotype I think is fairly accurate is that few of them seem sexually active compared to my generation (Gen X).

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 1:39 AM

Bring back the bathhouse!!

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 9:56 AM

Dating apps are dying out. Most of the features are behind pay walls and most matches are with bots or scams. If you do manage to match with someone, they're a nightmare. People are tired and moving on.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2024 3:24 PM

I thought it was Gen Alpha that’s ditching tech. Gen Zers are the TikTok idiots.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 3:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!