Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Do you use emojis that correspond to your skin color?

A lot of office communication in my hybrid workplace happens on Slack channels. Emojis are frequently used to react to informational posts, etc - smiley faces, thumbs up, the "praying hands" emoji, etc. I have noticed that some of my colleagues use the skin color options to match their own skin -- both white co-workers and people of color alike. And some still use the classic, Simpsons-esque yellow emojis.

I count myself in the latter group -- it felt a little conspicuous and virtue-signally to me to switch (I'm white), though I honestly now wonder if I get judged for this.

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2024 2:39 PM

OP, I'm far to lazy to choose a colour.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2024 9:58 PM

I am not a teenage girl, ergo I don’t use emojis.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2024 10:03 PM

No, I choose the default bright yellow ones. (On the occasions I have to, like zoom.) Not much of an emoji person.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2024 10:12 PM

I use the default ones. if I'm doing anything personalized, it's that bitmoji shit. But that's rare.

by Anonymousreply 4March 26, 2024 1:59 AM

I'm asian, so I use the yellow ones.

by Anonymousreply 5March 26, 2024 4:09 AM

Are there rainbow emojis?

by Anonymousreply 6March 26, 2024 9:35 PM

I always find it weird when a white guy uses the brown emojis. Like, we know you're white, you're right in front of us.

by Anonymousreply 7March 26, 2024 9:53 PM

I use the stock yellow ones. It seems weird to specify white, who cares.

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 10:00 PM

I'm too old to use emojis.

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 10:02 PM

R8 Racist.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 10:04 PM

R9 Ageist.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2024 10:04 PM

Why was the original emoji color yellow?

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 11:20 PM

Real men don't use emojis, only women, gay nelly men, and those who are mental.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2024 11:37 PM

R12 Technology comes from China. Duh.

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2024 1:59 PM

I prefer the darkest ones 👏🏿

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2024 2:39 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!