Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Olivia Colman: I'd be paid more if I was Oliver, actress says

She’s insufferable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 29, 2024 3:09 PM

I wore gold. This bitch didn't even wear a dress that night.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2024 6:48 PM

Actually, she’s right.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2024 6:49 PM

She's not wrong. However, she's also not Olivier.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2024 6:49 PM

Take back that fucking Oscar from her!

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2024 6:50 PM

Yeah, she's not insufferable. She's fucking right.

How do you manage to breathe with your head in the sand?

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2024 6:51 PM

She looks like Annie Lennox on steroids

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2024 6:52 PM

Did she ask Elliot Page for input?

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2024 6:56 PM

Since shes most famous for playing Queens, if she was Oliver she wouldn’t be getting paid at all

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2024 6:57 PM

How many women have to say it before we accept it as truth? I was embarrassed to learn that a very smart, hardworking female colleague with a family made $15,000 less than me even though we do the same job and she has 10 years more experience. As a percentage of our salary $15k is significant.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2024 6:58 PM

She's not wrong. I like her and don't think she's a big self-important type. A bit overexposed maybe, after the Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2024 7:00 PM

DL would've flayed her if she had been a black actress saying this.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2024 7:00 PM

She is a really good actress. The Favorite is one of my favorite films of the last 10 years. And she was great in The Crown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2024 7:02 PM

Maybe she'd be paid more if she used the subjective properly.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2024 7:03 PM

Doesn't it depend on how much she's worth? Ask Meryl how much she makes. Is she complaining?

The first actors to make outrageous salaries were women. Audrey and Liz.

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2024 7:11 PM

Well R14 it is very hard to believe that Claire Foy who starred as Queen Elizabeth, the main character of the show the Crown was paid less than the man who played her Husband. That doesn't make much sense. And I am sure Merly is paid less than someone her male equal in the industry. I am sure she is paid less than Tom Hanks. It's not about comparing women to women. It's about comparing women to their male counterparts, with an equal level of success and experience.

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2024 7:15 PM

[quote] She's not wrong. However, she's also not Olivier.

She wasn't comparing herself to Olivier. She was saying if she was OLIVER (a man).

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2024 7:17 PM

R3, she didn't say Olivier, she said Oliver.

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2024 7:19 PM

She’s not right and she should thank god that she broke into Hollywood as a foreigner. She needs a better agent to negotiate. She’s not entitled to millions. Dumb bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2024 7:21 PM

[quote] And I am sure Merly is paid less than someone her male equal in the industry.

Wrong. Meryl gets first credit and has the best agent in town.

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2024 7:21 PM

R19, 50% of the actors working in Hollywood are foreigners. I am not sure what you are trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2024 7:22 PM

R9, that’s bullshit. The entire women are paid less is a myth that’s been debunked a million times. It’s a feminist fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 21March 25, 2024 7:23 PM

Ahem.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 25, 2024 7:24 PM

You're as good as your agent when it comes to salaries. If she wants a better pay, then her agent needs to negotiate a better pay. But those top notch agents cost more, so she is probably saving money with the agent she has - and not making as much if she was 'Oliver'.

You get what you pay for.

by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2024 7:24 PM

Cough.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2024 7:24 PM

Math is hard.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2024 7:26 PM

Yes, R13, that must be it.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2024 7:28 PM

Even during silent era women made insane amounts of money and produced their own films making more. Believe me female opera stars were not going to let men make more than them. Callas was the highest paid opera singer in the world. Even DL icon Leontyne once said I am to be paid one dollar more than the fat man.

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2024 7:31 PM

R22 and R24, I read both of your articles and it neither of them address the pay gap in Hollywood which Coleman is talking about. There is an obvious pay gay in Hollywood between men and women, it has been documented over and over again. It exists. A lot of it comes down to them not negotiating what they are worth and the studios getting away with paying less. But it usually always involves a woman of equal status of her costar getting paid less and not the other way around.

2018's highest-paid actress, Scarlett Johansson, made $198.5 million less than the highest-paid actor, George Clooney.

Michelle Williams was paid eight times less than Mark Wahlberg for "All the Money in the World" — and 1,500 times less for reshoots even though they have equal screen time. Michelle has five Oscar nominations compared to Mark's two.

Gillian Anderson was offered "half" of what her co-star, David Duchovny, was offered to return to "The X-Files," although Gillian has acted more than David since the original.

Charlize Theron was offered far less than Chris Hemsworth to return for the "Snow White and the Huntsman" sequel. This was just the OFFER. She negotiated to get as much as him and got it.

Ashton Kutcher was paid three times more than Natalie Portman, an Oscar winner and MUCH bigger movie star from Star Wars than Ashton, for "No Strings Attached."

Amy Adams and Jennifer Lawrence received 2% less than their male "American Hustle" costars. Jennifer Lawrence, an actual Oscar winner like some of her male co-stars was a much bigger Hollywood Star than her male co-stars at the time.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2024 7:44 PM

Then men seem to be offered closer to what they are worth and the women offered a lot less which they then have to fight and negotiate for their rightful pay. Men are not low-balled as much as women, probably because women are less likely to push back and their Hollywood careers overall are more tenuous - since their careers trade on their youth more than men, and they fear they are easily replaceable.

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2024 7:48 PM

[quote]There is an obvious pay gay in Hollywood

There are plenty of 'pay gay' (aka 'gay for pay') in Hollywood - it's more than obvious, too.

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2024 7:49 PM

How about paying that COW absolutely nothing, and see how she likes THAT.

Fuck her.

She's making millions already. Greedy sow.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2024 7:52 PM

If her name was Meryl Streep she’s also make more money.

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2024 7:55 PM

Don’t talk to us, Olivia, talk to your agent.

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2024 7:56 PM

It's so uncouth for rich and successful people to be bitching about their salary.

Especially considering all the other actors and actresses who are either out of work, or getting paid the bare minimum.

She should be grateful!

Especially for someone as old and ugly as she is.

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2024 7:57 PM

R28 The male names were all bigger.

These women all had guys who were more famous or more popular than they were. Yeah, Thor was going to get paid more than Charlize, who never had a big box office lead. Ashton Kutcher was more famous than Natalie and so was David from X Files. I watched X Files only to just after David.

Like why would Michelle Williams have been paid as much as Mark Wahlberg?

I would be more outraged if, for example, Benjamin Bratt got paid more than Halle Berry for “Catwoman”, or Daniel Craig got paid more than Angelina for “Tomb Raider” or that Derek Mulroney got paid more than Julia Roberts for “My Best Friend’s Wedding” but those things didn’t happen lol.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2024 8:03 PM

[quote] Derek Mulroney

Oh dear, R35.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2024 8:05 PM

[quote] She should be grateful! Especially for someone as old and ugly as she is.

Such a mature way to advance your argument! No wonder you hold the opinion that you do.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2024 8:07 PM

There are two distinct issues here: general entitlement from being a highly paid person in the entertainment industry, and still being paid less (sometimes considerably less) than a man. Add to that it's a business, so a star like Sandler or Cruise will always be paid more. But to say, shut up bitch, or it's a feminist fantasy, is about as low-rent an attitude as one can have.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2024 8:14 PM

Oliver at least had the nerve to ASK for more.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 25, 2024 8:18 PM

Oleebia!

by Anonymousreply 40March 25, 2024 8:19 PM

At the time, Foy was not as big a name as Matt Smith. That would have been part of it, though not all of it, obviously. It depends on the criteria. You'd think the actress playing the Queen would have got the best deal. Yet from a name rec valuation, it went to Smith.

by Anonymousreply 41March 25, 2024 8:24 PM

Not THIS Oliver.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 25, 2024 8:30 PM

R41, that was ridiculous and when it was made known, it got fixed very quickly. She was THE fucking lead, FFS. That would be like if they paid Sharif more than Streisand in Funny Girl.

by Anonymousreply 43March 25, 2024 8:38 PM

She's the white Viola.

by Anonymousreply 44March 25, 2024 8:49 PM

Stinkfish!

by Anonymousreply 45March 25, 2024 9:08 PM

Net worth of $12 million. Cry me a river.

by Anonymousreply 46March 25, 2024 9:15 PM

R35 you do know that Natalie Portman is known WORLDWIDE because of the Star Wars movies. Ashton Kutcher is not even known in Europe. Her aggregate worldwide total for films as a leading, supporting, actress is $3,551,768,711. Ashton Kutchers is $1,084,629,818, less than half. Jennifer Lawrences films have made 6 Billion world wide. Christian Bale's movies have made 4.5 Billion Worldwide, yet he was paid more than her.

So I am not sure what story you are trying to tell about who is the bigger star in at least those two scenarios.

by Anonymousreply 47March 25, 2024 9:20 PM

I don’t disagree with her, but at age 50 what is she expecting? She’s not a box office draw. Getting regular work is her reward.

by Anonymousreply 48March 25, 2024 9:21 PM

I hope that Directors and Producers stop hiring her after this.

She sounds.... problematic.

by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2024 9:22 PM

Maybe if she were Olivier.

by Anonymousreply 50March 25, 2024 9:25 PM

If she were "Oliver" she would have been in competition for a handful of roles and certainly would not have had the roles which have made her famous.

If she were "Oliver" I question whether she'd even have a career.

by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2024 9:28 PM

Christina Hoff Sommers is s stupid cunt. Quoting her is for fools.

by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2024 9:29 PM

Men are worth more because they complain less.

by Anonymousreply 53March 25, 2024 9:35 PM

^ Was she in The Bangles?

by Anonymousreply 54March 25, 2024 9:35 PM

WW x100 for R53!!

by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2024 9:36 PM

She is too old to play the part!!! If she was younger though she could just wear a boys clothing and talk like a cock knee.

by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2024 9:37 PM

She's well regarded in the business and is known to seek or accept roles no matter how small - see Heartstopper - because she is a character actor and is good at whatever she does - so I'm not sure she'll "suffer" for this.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2024 9:44 PM

Who?

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2024 9:47 PM

If she was Oliver with that mug … no employment for Oliver besides the Innkeeper’s father.

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2024 9:48 PM

Reading a lot of these responses, it's not surprising that many men still consider women inferior and therefore not deserving of equal pay.

by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2024 9:57 PM

Maybe knock em around a bit to learn em, huh, Sean Connery's ghost at r53?

by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2024 9:58 PM

Has mathematician Taraji weighed in?

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2024 10:04 PM

Not on Datalounge they don't, R53

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2024 10:21 PM

[quote] She's the white Viola.

[quote] —M

No, dear. YOU are the white Viola.

by Anonymousreply 64March 25, 2024 10:35 PM

[quote] 2018's highest-paid actress, Scarlett Johansson, made $198.5 million less than the highest-paid actor, George Clooney.

For acting alone? Or for producing, his booze investments and those silly Nespresso commercials?

Details matter.

by Anonymousreply 65March 25, 2024 10:38 PM

R13 was trying to type "subjunctive."

by Anonymousreply 66March 25, 2024 10:49 PM

Colman is exceptionally talented, divinely funny and I love her, but her stance on equal pay is somewhat undermined by me by her status as a fully onboard, transwomen-are-women advocate.

If gender doesn’t exist, then issues like equal pay are undermined. It’s already becoming difficult to trust reports on female violence as a large number of “women” who commit violent crime have penises!

If she wants to be paid as much as a man, she just needs to identify as a man for contractual purposes. Basta! Problem solved!

by Anonymousreply 67March 25, 2024 11:15 PM

I saw that as Olivier too. She already is paid more.

by Anonymousreply 68March 25, 2024 11:17 PM

[quote] How many women have to say it before we accept it as truth? I was embarrassed to learn that a very smart, hardworking female colleague with a family made $15,000 less than me even though we do the same job and she has 10 years more experience.

How did you happen to find that out?

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2024 11:35 PM

R53? Do you actually ever [bold]read[/bold] anything while you're on DataLounge?

by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2024 11:43 PM

And if you had the skill of Olivier you'd make more money too, you overrated, one-note simperpisspotpussypill.

by Anonymousreply 71March 26, 2024 12:19 AM

R7 😂 You fkin beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 72March 26, 2024 12:22 AM

[quote] Colman is exceptionally talented

She’s not.

by Anonymousreply 73March 26, 2024 1:01 PM

Another overpayed slob.

by Anonymousreply 74March 26, 2024 1:01 PM

[quote] Reading a lot of these responses, it's not surprising that many men still consider women inferior and therefore not deserving of equal pay.

They get paid for work done. What you want is free money. Take your Marxist crap elsewhere. Equity is not equality. Women are not being underpaid. Men have much tougher jobs, ones that are dangerous, jobs women cannot do due to physicality. Women also take time off. They don’t negotiate either. That’s on them. Fraus can take their sob stories elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 75March 26, 2024 1:04 PM

If she was man I'd see her getting Paul Giamatti roles.

by Anonymousreply 76March 26, 2024 1:10 PM

Gay men who fight so hard to defend straight male privileges never cease to amaze me. You're probably getting paid less than the straight guy with the wife and kids, because he's more important. And he also gets to take paternity leave, despite not giving birth. Why are you fighting so hard to prop up discrimination, when you're likely on the receiving end of it?

by Anonymousreply 77March 26, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote] I was embarrassed to learn that a very smart, hardworking female colleague with a family made $15,000 less than me even though we do the same job and she has 10 years more experience.

Something is up here. Either she told you this, in which case you only have her word to go on and no proof that she earns less. Or you work for a birdbrain company that is willing to pay one person more for doing the same job. If she's just as competent as you, or more so, it makes no sense for a company to pay you more. That's certainly not in their best interest or her's.

by Anonymousreply 78March 26, 2024 1:24 PM

[quote] Another overpayed slob.

Oh dear, R74.

Maybe people who are paid well can spell?

by Anonymousreply 79March 26, 2024 1:24 PM

R75

Bad relationship with your mother?

by Anonymousreply 80March 26, 2024 1:25 PM

Bitch, I would KILL to earn Olivia Coleman money!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 26, 2024 1:26 PM

[quote] not in their best interest or her's.

Oh dear, R78.

There seems to be a general pattern of illiteracy among the Colman bashers here.

by Anonymousreply 82March 26, 2024 1:28 PM

[quote]Men are worth more because they complain less.

Less to complain about r53.

by Anonymousreply 83March 26, 2024 1:43 PM

[quote]Michelle Williams was paid eight times less than Mark Wahlberg for "All the Money in the World" — and 1,500 times less for reshoots even though they have equal screen time. Michelle has five Oscar nominations compared to Mark's two.

Nevertheless, Mark Wahlberg was an actual box office star with strings of hits; Michelle Williams never was despite her Oscar nominations.

So many communists on this thread, wanting every actor to be paid the same regardless of their popularity/bankability.

I was watching the opening titles to GONE WITH THE WIND on YouTube and someone in the comments complained that Clark Gable was first-billed instead of Vivien Leigh even though she plays the main character.

Someone explained that by the late 1930s Gable was an Oscar-winning movie star with a massive following, dubbed the "King of Hollywood," while Leigh was a newcomer to cinema and in fact was never a box office draw despite winning 2 lead Oscars in her career.

She only made 9 movies after GWTW and stuck mainly to the stage.

by Anonymousreply 84March 26, 2024 1:57 PM

The depth of misogyny on this site can still shock me sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 85March 26, 2024 2:00 PM

[quote] So many communists on this thread

Oh MARY, R84!

by Anonymousreply 86March 26, 2024 2:00 PM

That MAGAt cunt who continues to throw around “communist” whenever he receives pushback over his misogyny is so fucking annoying.

by Anonymousreply 87March 26, 2024 2:08 PM

Agreed, R87--what a stupid cunt she is. What queen throws "commie" around anymore, except some closet case stuck in 1953?

by Anonymousreply 88March 26, 2024 2:11 PM

I can't tell if the "Yeah, sure, how would pay discrepancies among coworkers ever be discovered?" posts in this thread are deliberately obtuse, if they were made by people who've never worked, or if maybe they work but are avoided by colleagues.

It's common for colleagues to discuss compensation either directly or indirectly. By not comparing your salary to others in your field you run the risk of being woefully underpaid throughout the entirety of your career. This is true regardless of your gender, race, sexuality, etc.

by Anonymousreply 89March 26, 2024 2:14 PM

[quote] So many communists on this thread

Get the fuck outta here with your bullshit

by Anonymousreply 90March 26, 2024 2:15 PM

[quote] It's common for colleagues to discuss compensation either directly or indirectly.

Yeah, and they could be lying. I had a coworker who complained to me how she was earning less than her subordinate. What she didn't know was that I have access to salary data, and knew that was bullshit. She was earning much more than her subordinate and as much as other male directors, some with much more experience than her. That bizarre lie certainly changed my opinion of her. I thought she was a "smart, competent" woman before that. Now, I don't know what to think. The point is you don't know what someone is earning based on their word alone.

by Anonymousreply 91March 26, 2024 2:42 PM

OP, she's not insufferable. She's absolutely right. What, you can't handle the truth?

by Anonymousreply 92March 26, 2024 2:43 PM

[quote]What she didn't know was that I have access to salary data, and knew that was bullshit.

Of course you don't know based on their word alone. But frequently in these cases the underpaid party (male or female) feels betrayed enough to start job-searching elsewhere, sometimes without even bothering to ask their existing employer for a raise.

by Anonymousreply 93March 26, 2024 3:14 PM

You’d probably bring in more money at the box office too.

NO ONE is going “OMG we have to see the new Olivia Colman film!”

The feminine people and POC are completely delusional eternal victims now. It’s sad and wearing thin.

by Anonymousreply 94March 26, 2024 3:24 PM

Take back that Oscar and give it to MEEEEE.

I'd NEVER let a man underpay ME!

by Anonymousreply 95March 26, 2024 3:39 PM

She has crazy eyes, like fucking deranged.

by Anonymousreply 96March 26, 2024 3:48 PM

No, she doesn't, R96, you fucking moron.

by Anonymousreply 97March 26, 2024 4:19 PM

R97 is blind

by Anonymousreply 98March 26, 2024 4:20 PM

I love Olivia Colman, and I'm far more likely to watch something when she's in it... she's amazing. Hell, she was the ONLY good thing about that MCU "Secret Invasion" TV show.

by Anonymousreply 99March 26, 2024 4:20 PM

SSRI eyes

by Anonymousreply 100March 26, 2024 4:20 PM

No, R98, I'm just not a fucking liar.

by Anonymousreply 101March 26, 2024 4:21 PM

R101 okay you’re right. She looks completely normal and sane. 😳

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102March 26, 2024 4:23 PM

Yeah, she does, R102. Just because you decide to cunt on her doesn't mean your bullshit flies.

by Anonymousreply 103March 26, 2024 4:24 PM

R103 is Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 104March 26, 2024 4:25 PM

Isn’t she allegedly a notorious sex pest? Like don’t let the young PAs go in her dressing room?

by Anonymousreply 105March 26, 2024 4:26 PM

HA! Pure lies made up by R105. Boy, are you queens sad.

by Anonymousreply 106March 26, 2024 4:27 PM

R106 Olivia, you’re needed on set!

by Anonymousreply 107March 26, 2024 4:28 PM

At least I'm working and making $$$$, R107!

by Anonymousreply 108March 26, 2024 4:31 PM

[quote] Actually, she’s right.

Actually, she's not and she has no way to prove it in her profession because actors are all individual contractees. If she had a way to prove it, I'd be on her side, but she doesn't.

Now if she had the exact same job as a man, with the exact same seniority and the exact same annual reviews and she was getting paid less, she'd have a point.

by Anonymousreply 109March 26, 2024 4:32 PM

I literally can't get through any of her movies. I really tried with The Favorite but I couldn't do it. I might have an Olivia Colman aversion.

by Anonymousreply 110March 26, 2024 4:36 PM

Olivia Colman: Box Office Poison

by Anonymousreply 111March 26, 2024 4:37 PM

Maybe next time, little lady.

by Anonymousreply 112March 26, 2024 4:40 PM

She needs to fire her agent. The pay disparity is real in Hollywood. Just because Streep has the best agent in Hollywood and gets more than anybody, that wasn’t always the case for her. Pay disparity is also real on Broadway and in News, with the rare exception of Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 113March 26, 2024 5:02 PM

R113 Tom Cruise puts asses in seats. Why should the ladies make the same? Do woke victims understand basic accounting principles?

by Anonymousreply 114March 26, 2024 5:04 PM

It's shocking that DL gets triggered by a female forcefully asserting her own worth.

My guess is the same people who are screaming for Olivia to shut up are the same "feminists" who are so protective of women's spaces and women's sports that they want all trans people murdered.

by Anonymousreply 115March 26, 2024 5:21 PM

Her real name is actually Sarah. She only goes by Olivia because of Equity rules.

by Anonymousreply 116March 26, 2024 6:11 PM

R115 Her worth is apparently only in her own head. You may think your house is worth 10M but if the market says ONLY 1M, then that's what it's worth.

by Anonymousreply 117March 26, 2024 7:05 PM

"The market," sweetie, isn't some carefully defined, objective thing.

It's a farrago of prejudices and wishful thinking and groupthink and actual, real value.

It's naive to think sexism doesn't affect it.

It's funny how bigots always think they're the rational ones.

by Anonymousreply 118March 26, 2024 7:29 PM

r35, the former examples are co-leads, your examples are the titular character and a character that isn't even #2.

by Anonymousreply 119March 27, 2024 12:53 AM

R118 do you really think “bigot” and all your little go-to hot button words mean shit anymore? Outside the tiny echo chamber you desperately try to maintain, people are fucking exhausted by your bullshit and the tide is turning.

by Anonymousreply 120March 27, 2024 1:18 AM

[quote] and the tide is turning.

MARY!!!

by Anonymousreply 121March 27, 2024 1:42 AM

Miss Colman as Oliver

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 27, 2024 1:47 AM

Any actress who appears nude in a movie and thinks the director is going to pixelate her lady parts doesn’t deserve a big salary.

by Anonymousreply 123March 27, 2024 1:50 AM

She would get paid more of she were pretty. But she's fugly.

by Anonymousreply 124March 27, 2024 1:51 AM

Well, then, by your logic, R123, Emma Stone should have made $50 million for Poor Things.

by Anonymousreply 125March 27, 2024 1:52 AM

Liv luv, can we talk?

At least a thousand other girls can do what you do. I’m amazed you got this far because your voice is annoying and your fave ain’t all that.

Sit back and wallow in the fact that you’ve accomplished more than the majority of people on this planet.

And remember, ya can’t take it with ya, toots!

by Anonymousreply 126March 27, 2024 2:01 AM

SOPHIE!!

by Anonymousreply 127March 27, 2024 12:00 PM

[quote]people are fucking exhausted by your bullshit

MARY!!!!

by Anonymousreply 128March 27, 2024 1:54 PM

[quote]If she wants to be paid as much as a man, she just needs to identify as a man for contractual purposes.

I find that really funny.

Agent: My client has rejected your offer. I should make it clear she identifies as a man for contractual purposes. This offer has six figured, but they're ovaries, not zeroes.

by Anonymousreply 129March 27, 2024 2:11 PM

[quote] "The market," sweetie, isn't some carefully defined, objective thing.

R118 The market, pumpkin, is what determines your, pay value, period, the end. Maybe some day you'll wake up from your Utopian fever dream and grow the fuck up as we grown-ups had to do.

by Anonymousreply 130March 27, 2024 5:01 PM

R43 I don’t think Claire Foy ever received the back pay for The Crown. The producers spoke about it, but Claire said she never received any further money.

by Anonymousreply 131March 27, 2024 5:14 PM

She’s absolutely correct OP- you dolt.

by Anonymousreply 132March 27, 2024 5:18 PM

After Claire Foy's brilliance, Oliver, I mean Olivia, gave such a sour-faced performance in The Crown. Colman's got all the skills, but I haven't enjoyed any of her performances except in The Favourite and The Father.

by Anonymousreply 133March 27, 2024 5:23 PM

I've literally never NOT enjoyed one of her performances. She was amazing in "Secret Invasion". Terrifyingly brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 134March 27, 2024 5:26 PM

Olivia Colman can't open a picture. Why should we pay her more?

by Anonymousreply 135March 27, 2024 5:27 PM

[quote] It's a farrago of prejudices and wishful thinking and groupthink and actual, real value. It's naive to think sexism doesn't affect it. It's funny how bigots always think they're the rational ones.

And yet, the market has the last word, doesn't it.

by Anonymousreply 136March 27, 2024 5:30 PM

Does it?

by Anonymousreply 137March 27, 2024 5:39 PM

Like the market isn't comprised of sexists and racists and bigots?

Like the market isn't driven by straight white men in suits who own all the advertising and spend all the money to get things THEY like front and center for the rest of us, shaping society's "tastes"?

by Anonymousreply 138March 27, 2024 5:44 PM

If you doubt her abilities, watch Season 1 of Broadchurch. She should have won an award for one scene alone, when she learns the truth. So raw. So real. Comes from nowhere and makes you sit up and say "Who IS THAT?", when you come out of a sort of shock.

by Anonymousreply 139March 27, 2024 5:44 PM

R138 You're arguing pears in a conversation about apples, moron. What are you, 28 and still in college? Yes, the market (and the world) is full of sexists, nazis, White men and all those people who make your life a living hell but the topic here is, what determines Oli's pay, not "is the world full of injustice".

by Anonymousreply 140March 27, 2024 6:07 PM

The point, which you are determined to avoid, is that "the market" isn't this purely rational thing.

It is subject, like all human endeavor, to racism, misogyny, groupthink, etc. To say that "the market" has determined Coleman's worth and that's that sounds rational and wise but is, in fact, silly and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 141March 27, 2024 6:22 PM

[quote] My guess is the same people who are screaming for Olivia to shut up are the same "feminists" who are so protective of women's spaces and women's sports that they want all trans people murdered.

Shut up, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 142March 27, 2024 6:25 PM

Someone struck a nerve with R142.

by Anonymousreply 143March 27, 2024 6:29 PM

Yes, I hate stupid people, R143.

by Anonymousreply 144March 27, 2024 6:31 PM

That must be it.

by Anonymousreply 145March 27, 2024 6:33 PM

You would know, R145, you made the original stupid comment, and you keep compounding it every time you post.

by Anonymousreply 146March 27, 2024 6:42 PM

I'm sorry you're so upset, dear. Have some tea.

by Anonymousreply 147March 27, 2024 7:06 PM

Choke on a ladydick.

by Anonymousreply 148March 27, 2024 7:10 PM

You hate trans people and you hate Olivia Colman for speaking up about her pay inequity.

Maybe you just hate things?

by Anonymousreply 149March 27, 2024 8:06 PM

R141 Who said the market is a rational thing? You really are lost in your own woke diatribe, angel.

by Anonymousreply 150March 27, 2024 9:31 PM

Side Note: I like her, but bleach blonde hair won't increase her payday either. How terribly unflattering.

by Anonymousreply 151March 27, 2024 9:35 PM

[quote] Maybe you just hate things?

No, just you.

by Anonymousreply 152March 27, 2024 10:00 PM

Justly so. She was never the fellator Larry was.

by Anonymousreply 153March 27, 2024 10:32 PM

No, she's a fellatrix.

by Anonymousreply 154March 28, 2024 12:00 AM

Sorry but what men and what women are paid in Hollywood have alot of variables that are extremely hard to compare. There are so many factors. For instance: Box office appeal, the amount of people you have to support, the amount of time on set, if you have to travel far away for locations, (this one is important), physical risks, the the salary you ask for, and again BOX OFFICE APPEAL.

So its impossible to compare when there are so many variables between one man and one woman. I am not saying necessarily that there is no pay disparity, its just its super hard to compare.

Also, she would be paid much more if she was young and attractive, but I see no one pissed about that.

"How many women have to say it before we accept it as truth? "

I have had the pay gap bs pushed down my throat all my life, I never bought it or at least I imagined it was super exagerrated and sure enough, time ended up proving me right.

by Anonymousreply 155March 28, 2024 2:20 AM

How many times is someone going to respond with "she's not wrong" on this thread? If you think she's right, stop being a pussy and come out and say it.

by Anonymousreply 156March 28, 2024 2:24 AM

[quote]R14 Ask Meryl how much she makes. Is she complaining?

She complained when they were first developing EVITA. The studio was going to pay Jack Nicholson twice as much than her, for playing Peron to her Eva.

She declined.

by Anonymousreply 157March 28, 2024 2:50 AM

[quote]Maybe she'd be paid more if she used the subjective properly.

Or even the subjunctive.

by Anonymousreply 158March 28, 2024 2:58 AM

Just a question: how do actors know what other actors are being paid? Is it part of the contract negotiation?

Oh, David Tenant is getting paid ten million, so Olivia will settle for eight. We can get Phoebe Waller-Bridge for seven point five and she’ll ghost write all the episodes.

by Anonymousreply 159March 28, 2024 3:44 AM

R140 strikes me as not bright... someone who didn't get the point being made that he's responding to.

by Anonymousreply 160March 28, 2024 3:58 AM

[quote]You really are lost in your own woke diatribe

And that's how we know you're a fucking idiot R150

by Anonymousreply 161March 28, 2024 3:59 AM

Bitch, you are famous for taking Glenn Close’s Oscar and your morphine eyes.

Nothing else.

You look like you smell of cheap whiskey and sweaty pantyhose.

by Anonymousreply 162March 28, 2024 4:03 AM

She was good in Beautiful People.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163March 28, 2024 4:08 AM

Maybe she'd be paid more if she were prettier.

by Anonymousreply 164March 28, 2024 10:31 AM

Keep in mind that the British cast on acting ability. It's the US that casts based on looks.

Hence many people here stating that she'd make more money of she were more attractive. It's pretty sad and offensive that so many here think only good looking people - which is subjective, anyway - have worth.

by Anonymousreply 165March 28, 2024 11:28 AM

It’s just Penis Envy

by Anonymousreply 166March 28, 2024 11:31 AM

You would be paid even more if you were Elon.

by Anonymousreply 167March 28, 2024 12:37 PM

I like Olivia, and surely women are not treated equally to men in many ways, but this popular whining about discrimination from privileged people is cringeworthy. All these black celebrities and now women and prince Harry who are surely among the top 5-10% of world population are so irritating when they play victims. I mean people are struggling with life expenses, unable to retire because they have no savings after life of toiling, getting killed in wars, and then there are celebrities who cry how they would be even more privileged if they had penis, lighter complexion, bigger tits etc.

by Anonymousreply 168March 28, 2024 12:58 PM

[quote]I like Olivia, and surely women are not treated equally to men in many ways, but this popular whining about discrimination from privileged people is cringeworthy.

Especially because what is the average person supposed to do about it? If we boycott Olivia’s movies over pay discrimination, then her value will go down.

I’m at a loss as to what these women expect to gain from complaining to the general public.

by Anonymousreply 169March 28, 2024 1:11 PM

R165 "Keep in mind that the British cast on acting ability. It's the US that casts based on looks."

HA HA HA HA HA HA FUCKING HA

And I highly doubt OC only does british film or looks at british offers.

". It's pretty sad and offensive that so many here think only good looking people - which is subjective, anyway - have worth."

Are you dim? I said that's how THEY think, not how I do.

by Anonymousreply 170March 28, 2024 1:40 PM

R170

Huh?

In an entire thread about a British actress and her looks, you decided that I was responding only to you in particular, when, in fact, you could consider that I was supporting what you posted?

Who pissed in your corn flakes?

by Anonymousreply 171March 28, 2024 2:28 PM

Miss Olivia needs to think. The Brits are currently crazy over diversity. She might find her roles going to a black or Indian woman (which should have been the case with Miss Havisham in that off brand Great Expectations). After all, Anne Boleyn was recently played by a black woman. And all the tv shows are now employing actors who have visible physical disabilities.

by Anonymousreply 172March 28, 2024 2:43 PM

On “Call the Midwife” Judy Parfitt is the most talented person on that show. But I bet Vanessa Redgrave gets paid more for her 30 second voiceover than Judy does for her portrayal of an elderly nun with dementia.

And Dr. Turner probably gets more because he’s married to one of the producers.

by Anonymousreply 173March 28, 2024 6:57 PM

R172 most of the world is going crazy over diversity, it not just a British thing.

by Anonymousreply 174March 29, 2024 3:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!