Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Lautner’s Wife Tay Admits They ‘Sometimes’ Get ‘A Little Nervous’ to Have Kids

Taylor Lautner and his wife, Tay Lautner, are basking in newlywed bliss, but they aren’t ready to expand their family yet.

“Sometimes we get a little nervous. How do we raise kids [who] are going to be able to speak up for themselves or feel like they can talk to us about this? It scares me,” Tay, 27, exclusively told Us Weekly on Saturday, March 23, at the Change Your Brain Foundation x The Lemons Foundation pickleball tournament. “How do you raise a child now? I’m very thankful for people like Dr. [Daniel] Amen and a lot of my friends have kids or are just having kids. Getting to watch them walk through it and having the support from people like Dr. Amen to help facilitate independence or whatever it may be is great.”

The Lautners, who cohost “The Squeeze” podcast, had recently welcomed Amen for an episode to discuss raising “mentally strong children.” Both Taylor, 32, and Tay are mental health advocates, which inspired them to start their Lemons Foundation nonprofit.

While Taylor and Tay are not in a rush to welcome children, it remains one of their goals for the future. “Definitely [at] some time at some point, there will be [kids],” Tay teased.

The Twilight star and Tay, a registered nurse, met through Taylor’s sister, Makena Moore. After three years of dating, Taylor proposed. They wed one year later in November 2022.

“It's the best. I'm so thankful. He’s a gem. He's my golden retriever — that’s what I call him. He’s just joy on Earth,” Tay gushed to Us. “We've been together for seven years now, so it's been really cool because we kind of got to go on our mental health journeys together.”

Since their nuptials, Tay has loved seeing her husband share his mental health struggles and subsequently “strive to better himself.”

“It’s really encouraging to me and makes me want to do better, too, which is awesome. To have a partner that respects it as much and is on the same mission for life is great,” she said. “He wants to help people just as much as I do so it's really cool that we get to do it together.”

Tay further noted that her and Taylor’s “great communication” skills have helped their mental health journeys.

“That is something we've had to work on. We've been through a lot,” she said. “People always say, ‘How's the first year of marriage?’ And we're like, ‘You know, it's actually great.’ We've been through so much life together already so we've learned how Taylor communicates, how I communicate and that's just the biggest thing. When we do have a disagreement, we're able to communicate. Like, I can't process things right away, whereas Taylor knows what he wants so he's able to be like, ‘OK, let's come back to this in a little bit. I know you don't know what's going on so we can come back to it.’”

The Lautners had promoted their mental health advocacy and nonprofit at Saturday’s pickleball tournament in Newport Beach, California.

“We're just hoping to spread awareness about brain health and mental health. We're here to play some pickleball,” Tay added. "We’re here to eat some good food, have some great conversation and just have a good time.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2024 3:26 AM

Don’t lesbian couples need a sperm donor?

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2024 4:20 PM

In fact, they're so "nervous," they haven't even had SEX yet!

"Taylor won't touch me," says Taylor.

He says the passion he feels is so strong, that he'll never be able to stop having sex with me.

So he cools he passion by going out for a night with the boys, instead.

Taylor is such a thoughtful husband.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2024 4:20 PM

Just use a damn turkey baster if you really want kids.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2024 4:24 PM

[quote] “It's the best. I'm so thankful. He’s a gem. He's my golden retriever — that’s what I call him. He’s just joy on Earth,” Tay gushed to Us. “We've been together for seven years now, so it's been really cool because we kind of got to go on our mental health journeys together.”

[quote] Since their nuptials, Tay has loved seeing her husband share his mental health struggles and subsequently “strive to better himself.”

What ever could be troubling them so much?

Could it involve a closet?

I mean, newlyweds should be happy, and banging like rabbits. Right?

[quote]“We're just hoping to spread awareness about brain health and mental health. We're here to play some pickleball,” Tay added. "We’re here to eat some good food, have some great conversation and just have a good time.”

They sound like best girlfriends, rather than husband and wife.

This marriage is a joke.

And she's unknowingly spilling all the dirt!

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2024 4:24 PM

They’re both named Taylor?!

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2024 4:41 PM

How sad.

Everyone knows Taylor Lautner is gay.

His "mental health" issues would disappear if he just came out.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2024 9:44 PM

I'm glad they're happy. I've always thought he seemed like a genuinely nice person.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2024 9:50 PM

Jesus Christ, no one cares about your personal issues that much. Must everything be shared these days?

by Anonymousreply 8March 26, 2024 2:00 AM

I identified with one thing she said: during disagreements, I also need time to process things, and so I like to retreat and think over things and calm down. It’s good he seems to respect that, unlike my narcissistic exes, who saw retreat as a slight on them. “I’m not going to be ignored, Dan” vibes that would lead to a beatdown or hours of screaming at me and threatening to kill me. 🤷🏻

by Anonymousreply 9March 26, 2024 2:13 AM

^ The advice from my parents was always “walk away from an argument”. This isn’t such a great idea when one is arguing with a narcissist who will drag you back by the hair, throw you in a corner, and kick the shit out of you (or at least the piss - I did piss myself in fear a few times.)

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 2:26 AM

Hello, my name is Taylor. This is my wife Taylor. Over here we have our three kids. Our son Taylor. Our daughter Taylor. And our youngest child, Taylor. We refer to our youngest as they. Young Taylor has a penis but, he also has Jazz Hands like his donor...uhh…Daddy.

by Anonymousreply 11March 26, 2024 2:40 AM

Tay-Tay

by Anonymousreply 12March 26, 2024 3:12 AM

Photo caption: Two beards, one man.

by Anonymousreply 13March 26, 2024 3:17 AM

The Tays have been going on mental health journeys together for seven years now. Are they lost?

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2024 3:26 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!