Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What's your favorite Hate Watch?

Used to be And Just Like That but now it's Alice & Jack on PBS. The two most annoying people in the world falling in and out of love.

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2024 8:20 PM

I watched The Walking Dead when it started until I couldn't take it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2024 7:00 PM

It used to be The Morning Show until I realized I just hated-hated it, period.

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2024 7:56 PM

Downton Abby got really silly - especially the whole Cousin Matthew season.

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2024 8:28 PM

I can't imagine anything topping And Just Like That for me as the ultimate hate watch. I can't wait for season three.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2024 8:38 PM

American Horror Story NYC was my most recent hate watch.

Lots of gifted actors performing dreck. Oh, and Billie Lourd as a monotone scientist (the glasses made her smart).

Patti played a singer at the baths… and apparently the owner. A few episodes in, she shows up as owner of a few shady tarot card shops. She’s a multi-industry businesswoman. No character development but suddenly she’s given a long farewell speech that her character didn’t warrant but, hey, it was the best acting of the entire series.

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2024 8:45 PM

anything Ryan Murphy does is a hate watch. Prime example: The Politician.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2024 8:47 PM

Mine was Studio 60, the tv sketch dramedy/soap opera. The sketches aren't funny, I laughed at serious moments, and it just feels like a parody of Sorkin's writing.

And I'm a fan of his other stuff, but it just goes off the tracks after about 2 episodes. I'll never forget the big PR campaign for this positioning it as the next prestige drama we would all love. I fell in love with "30 Rock" instead. I enjoyed reading about the failure more than the show. It's almost completely forgotten despite its cast and big budget.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2024 8:55 PM

Uncoupled.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2024 8:56 PM

[quote]I fell in love with "30 Rock" instead.

You might enjoy "Great News," a short-lived attempt at setting "30 Rock" at a CNN-type network. Same sort of writing, and Andrea Martin is one of the stars. Nicole Richie plays the Jane Krakowski role and she's actually very good. Streaming on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2024 11:50 PM

The Guilded Age, for the most part. Watch mainly for Morgan Spector's chest.

by Anonymousreply 10March 26, 2024 6:00 PM

I lasted 1 episode of ALICE AND JACK. Two characters not worth a moment of your time.

by Anonymousreply 11March 27, 2024 6:46 PM

Here’s a stage one: Andrew Lloyd Webber’s “Love Never Dies”, his sequel to “Phantom”

Best hate watch ever. A very enjoyable piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 12March 27, 2024 6:50 PM

My brother shares his media server with me and recently uploaded every single episode of Friends. I initially laughed and said “well, more things i’ll never watch!”

There was a snowstorm last week so I’m currently starting season 4.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 27, 2024 6:55 PM

DIANA, THE MUSICAL on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 14March 27, 2024 10:26 PM

The twee twee TWEE Heartstopper

by Anonymousreply 15March 27, 2024 10:30 PM

The Bear. For the life of me I'll never understand why it was nominated and won so many awards.

by Anonymousreply 16March 27, 2024 10:32 PM

[quote] Downton Abby got really silly - especially the whole Cousin Matthew season.

What? In hindsight, the Matthew seasons were the better seasons.

by Anonymousreply 17March 27, 2024 10:33 PM

Sounded to me like everyone who watched True Detective this season hate-watched it. Except for the ones babbling, “I watched it for Jodie! Jodie is a goddess! I’ll watch Jodie in anything!”

by Anonymousreply 18March 27, 2024 10:59 PM

The View.

As soon as they start with their first hot topic, I count the seconds before Sunny brings race into the conversation. They could be discussing m&ms and she'll make it all about race.

Whoopi sits there rolling her eyes and looking bored or goes full-tilt wise sage where she rambles on and schools everyone even though she never knows what the hell she's talking about.

Sara and Alyssa don't bug me.

Joy, the one who goes ballistic if someone brings up Biden's age. Yes, you're the same age but you don't even work five days a week. You take off Mondays so please shut the hell up about Biden's ability to handle the stress and the workload. YOU WORK FOUR DAYS A WEEK FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS EACH DAY.

I hate this fucking show.

by Anonymousreply 19March 27, 2024 11:16 PM

[quote]DIANA, THE MUSICAL on Netflix.

Everyone should try to sit through this at least once. From the fat Diana to Judy Kaye as both Queen Elizabeth AND Barbara Cartland, it's excruciating.

[quote]But it's not only the lead characters who have questionable lyrics to sing, when Diana is being chased by paparazzi moments before her death, they also chant 'Better than a Guinness, better than a wank / Snap a few pics, it’s money in the bank.' And a man dying of AIDS sings to Diana, 'I may be unwell, but I’m handsome as hell.'

by Anonymousreply 20March 28, 2024 12:07 AM

Another for And Just Like That. Can't wait for the new season.

by Anonymousreply 21March 28, 2024 12:34 AM

R7, agreed, and I lump "The Newsroom" in as another Sorkin hate-watch.

by Anonymousreply 22March 28, 2024 12:42 AM

The Morning Show. I know it's Apple but it feels like ABC tried to create a prestige show. Just bland bland bland. Zero risks of any kind, nothing that might alienate a single demographic. I imagine it does well in the heartland.

by Anonymousreply 23March 28, 2024 1:14 AM

The Newsroom...ugghh.

by Anonymousreply 24March 28, 2024 10:39 AM

I did watch TRUE DETECTIVE until the end, hoping it would get better and have an interesting, clever ending. It didn't.

by Anonymousreply 25March 28, 2024 4:28 PM

Baby Reindeer is pretty awful, yet I'm still watching.

by Anonymousreply 26April 18, 2024 8:25 PM

BABY REINDEER

by Anonymousreply 27April 22, 2024 6:27 PM

Jack and Karen. If it had actually been about Will and Grace, I probably wouldn’t have hated it.

by Anonymousreply 28April 22, 2024 6:42 PM

The second season of Big Little Lies. Not great, but I know I’d watch a third.

by Anonymousreply 29April 22, 2024 8:33 PM

I'm just starting to watch Euphoria and I loathe those drugged-out brats. I hope they all o.d. by series end.

by Anonymousreply 30April 22, 2024 8:59 PM

I haven’t actually watched it but based on the promos Elsbeth on CBS looks like it would try every fiber of my being

by Anonymousreply 31April 22, 2024 10:51 PM

Elsbeth is fun

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2024 6:54 AM

Unsolved Mysteries

by Anonymousreply 33April 23, 2024 7:50 AM

The Weakest Link hosted by that large woman from Glee (another hate watch).

by Anonymousreply 34April 23, 2024 3:46 PM

"Morning Joe," which I tape and then fast-forward through until something grabs my interest.

by Anonymousreply 35April 23, 2024 5:22 PM

The Weakest Link is a good one, caught it recently. Way too much chatter and pumped-up drama.

With Morning Joe, what’s worth watching is how inconsequential Mika is, strategically sighing at the men and once a morning trying to sound tough while reading a question someone wrote for her…

by Anonymousreply 36April 23, 2024 5:26 PM

I like watching those clips from Sky News called “Lefties Losing It”. They seem to find the craziest blue haired people who are off their rocker. But then when Rita starts praising Trump, I get mad at her.

by Anonymousreply 37April 23, 2024 5:36 PM

[quote]Joy, the one who goes ballistic if someone brings up Biden's age. Yes, you're the same age but you don't even work five days a week. You take off Mondays so please shut the hell up about Biden's ability to handle the stress and the workload. YOU WORK FOUR DAYS A WEEK FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS EACH DAY.

Its a wonder she's not an alcoholic.

by Anonymousreply 38April 23, 2024 5:47 PM

Call me crazy, but if I realize I hate something, I stop watching it.

by Anonymousreply 39April 23, 2024 5:51 PM

R39 yeah, me, too. I get guilty pleasures but not hate-watching. The latter is too negative for me.

by Anonymousreply 40April 23, 2024 6:03 PM

That airplane repossession show.

by Anonymousreply 41April 23, 2024 6:04 PM

Hope Street

by Anonymousreply 42April 23, 2024 6:05 PM

[quote]Call me crazy, but if I realize I hate something, I stop watching it.

I've used the term "completist" to finish a series that I no longer enjoy watching. At some point I give up and look for something better.

by Anonymousreply 43April 23, 2024 6:16 PM

Anything on the TLC network.

by Anonymousreply 44April 23, 2024 7:23 PM

I guess the DL most of the time I hate it due to the incessant stans/trolls/stupidity. Occasionally I love it

by Anonymousreply 45April 23, 2024 7:33 PM

Dr Pimple Popper. I’ll sit through all the sob stories if these wretched people to her get down to business.

by Anonymousreply 46April 23, 2024 7:36 PM

Star Trek Discovery. I like Star Trek. Star Trek had some of TV's best episodes ever. Some ST shows I love, some I don't care for. This show feels like they deliberately prevent it from being good. I pretty much hate everything about it. Extremely poor writing (plot, stories and character description), annoying photography, mostly poor acting, the disregard for canon. And yet I watch it to the bitter end which cannot come soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 47April 23, 2024 7:37 PM

r3, you are HILARIOUS.

That was Season 1 Episode 2.

The entire show, then.

by Anonymousreply 48April 23, 2024 7:38 PM

R42 I know, what the hell happened to Hope Street? It was promising in the 1st season, now it's just a soapy mess. Not even the kids are likeable now! God that police chief Finn O'Hare and his hot mess of a family! And the bar people are all messes... dear, dear.

by Anonymousreply 49April 23, 2024 7:40 PM

R3 here. The whole Cousin Matthew storyline was ridiculous. One episode he can't walk, then next it's a miracle, he walks! The whole show was very up and down.

by Anonymousreply 50April 23, 2024 8:01 PM

R49

Finished the third season only because I HAD TO. I guess I wanted to see whatever would happen to those stupid people. It was almost like watching an accident; I couldn't look away. I had to hate finish it.

With one of the most unlikable characters I've ever seen in a series: Concepta O'Hare. But she's just at the head of the line for many, many, ridiculous people doing ridiculous things.

I could write a thesis on how and why it's such a shit show.

Yet i watched it till the end. My partner thinks I'm nuts for continuing to watch it as I continued to complain about it.

by Anonymousreply 51April 23, 2024 8:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!