Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Karen Read Case Is About to Blow Up: This is Going to Get Very Ugly

Now we know one of them googled "how long to die in the snow" at 2:30 in the morning from inside the house. The FBI will testify that the car didn't kill John O'Keefe. The investigation is now under investigation. So many lies, so many secrets. Somebody in the house flipped.

Buckle up, buckaroo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2024 8:16 PM

Is anyone else watching the trial? I’m surprised there was no traction on this thread.

Everyone involved seems like trash.

by Anonymousreply 1May 7, 2024 2:25 PM

I can't believe this is the first DL thread on this case! Yes, OP, there's the "how long to die in snow", but also, what kind of homeowners have the investigation of a dead body on their front lawn going on for HOURS and never even come out of the home ONCE? Especially seeing as the homeowners are a law enforcement agent and a nurse? You'd think they'd be just a TAD curious, but no... Oh, and then there's the problem of only one shoe on the body. And also, the problem of not ONE piece of the broken taillight being found near the body.

Oh, my Lord, it just goes on and on. The defense lawyer is a beast, and there is no way this woman is going to prison.

by Anonymousreply 2May 7, 2024 2:46 PM

[quote]Buckle up, buckaroo.

Jesus fucking Christ.

by Anonymousreply 3May 7, 2024 2:50 PM

She has a great legal team, but...BUT...!! They need to advise her to soften her facial expression - she has a harsh look to begin with, and it didn't help when she fixed a death ray glare on that female paramedic during her entire testimony. She doesn't need to put on a phony act or cry, just adopt an expression of attention/concern to the proceedings. One time I saw her actually smile at the army of her "supporters" outside the courthouse, and it actually transformed her entire face!

That said, the jury is either going to hang or render a not guilty verdict.

by Anonymousreply 4May 7, 2024 3:27 PM

R3 Do fuck off, dear.

by Anonymousreply 5May 7, 2024 3:44 PM

Eat my dimpled hairy ass, frau CUNT fuck R5. Dig deep, I had corn for dinner.

Best,

R3

by Anonymousreply 6May 7, 2024 4:33 PM

R6 Meh, you tried

by Anonymousreply 7May 7, 2024 7:41 PM

R7, you’re still a cunt and alway will be.

by Anonymousreply 8May 7, 2024 10:20 PM

Could we maybe talk about, I don't know, the case???

by Anonymousreply 9May 7, 2024 10:27 PM

[quote] I’m surprised there was no traction on this thread.

It's because everyone knows what an asshole the OP is.

by Anonymousreply 10May 7, 2024 10:35 PM

This is a local case and it's become very polarizing.

Karen Read (who I believe is innocent) is a problem because she looks and acts like an annoyed bitch in front of the cameras.

Given the dead boyfriends' injuries, it is impossible that he was killed by a backing up Lexus. You don't get the back of your head cracked open by a tail light. Ms. Read was blackout drunk and remembers very little of it.

The cops (who claim he was never inside the house) did this. Or maybe it was the nephew they claim was not there. The dead guy also had dog bites on his body. And they won't release his autopsy/cause of death.

This case will be a great episode on 48 Hours.

by Anonymousreply 11May 7, 2024 10:57 PM

Damn OP, I was going to get some things done today, but now I have to go down this rabbit hole.

by Anonymousreply 12May 7, 2024 11:08 PM

Check this out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 8, 2024 1:00 AM

This burg is run by some Corleone type family bunch who own the house where the incident occurred. They're pulling the strings -

by Anonymousreply 14May 8, 2024 7:49 PM

One witness just suddenly got on the stand and remembered seeing a body...

Yannetti followed up by asking why, if Nagel realized that it might have been a body the next day, she didn't call 911 or police at that point. And she also acknowledged that her testimony Tuesday -- 2-1/2 years after she saw it -- was the first time she ever mentioned that the object she saw was 5-6 feet long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2024 2:01 PM

Does this case remind anyone of Laurie Bembenek?

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2024 3:29 PM

The family is claiming the victim never entered the house.

The victim was bitten by a dog that was inside the house.

The injuries to the back of the victims head could not have been caused by a backing up vehicle.

Crucial blood evidence was collected 24 hours after using red solo cups.

There's a lot more but just these three things are more than enough for reasonable doubt.

Again, Karen Read is really angry and doesn't hide it well. While I believe she is being gaslighted, she comes off badly on camera.

The remaining problem is proving what actually did happen. It happened in the house and the family is lying. Just waiting for one of them to crack or mess up their testimony.

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2024 6:16 PM

Brian Albert (the homeowner) was on the stand the other day, and claimed he not only "butt dialed" someone in the dead of night, but also somehow ANSWERED a call with his butt. But never actually spoke to anyone, of course, because, you know, nothing to talk about that night. No siree. And his wife has no idea how HER phone answered two calls that morning!

These people in their fifties who "party" with their adult children are pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2024 7:15 PM

My friends in Canton have told me that the Albert family is notorious for their bad behavior.

There's a nephew involved who is a violent nutbag and he had a prior beef with the victim.

And the non release of the autopsy is another red flag. It would show the dog bite.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2024 7:46 PM

Not guilty

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2024 8:34 PM

I have never heard so many "I don't remember" or "I can't recall" - even to the most mundane things! Does the whole fucking town have AMNESIA??!!

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2024 11:00 PM

Is there a video summarizing this case?

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2024 11:29 PM

Although she has a terrible case of resting bitch face, I don’t believe she hit him with the car. The behavior of the people in the house explains it all.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2024 11:57 PM

R22, I think your best bet would be to listen to the opening statements in this case, and then go from there. There are an INSANE amount of people involved.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 16, 2024 2:08 AM

R22, and then as you are learning more about the case, this might be very helpful (although there are probably a few mistakes or typos in it).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 16, 2024 2:10 AM

If a movie ever gets made about this, Carey Mulligan would be perfect to play Karen.

by Anonymousreply 26May 16, 2024 5:24 AM

The defense is just DEMOLISHING these witnesses with phone data. Li'l Colin Albert and his cousin who picked him up that night used to text each other constantly, but after that night, no texts whatsoever... for a month.

by Anonymousreply 27May 16, 2024 7:54 PM

Group texts around 2:49:00

Matt McCabe: "Tell them the guy never went into house, correct?"

Brian Albert: "Exactly."

BOOM.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 18, 2024 8:11 PM

She looks like Iggy Pop from certain angles.

by Anonymousreply 29May 18, 2024 8:16 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!