Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Florida high school cheerleader accuses school administrators of sexual assault during disciplinary paddling

"Inside a Florida high school principal’s office, Brooklynn Daniels found herself alone with two men and a wooden paddle “that was thick like a chapter book.”

In about a third of Florida school districts, and concentrated in rural panhandle enclaves like Daniels’s Liberty County, corporal punishment as a form of student discipline remains deeply ingrained in the culture. It’s why on this morning in early December, school leaders instructed the 18-year-old to bend over a desk.

What came next — a paddling that left deep purple bruises and welts for a minor school offense that Daniels said stemmed from a misunderstanding about Christmas decorations on a campus door — was far beyond routine student discipline, the Liberty County High School senior told The 74.

It was, she alleges, sexual assault.

“They were so eager to go in there and spank me,” said Daniels, who said she was struck by Assistant Principal Tim Davis, a former Major League Baseball player who pitched for the Seattle Mariners, while Principal Eric Willis observed and laughed. “They took their time, they watched me.” Florida is one of 16 states where laws explicitly allow educators to use corporal punishment on students, and the practice is not expressly prohibited by laws in an additional seven states, according to a recent review by the U.S. Department of Education. In a letter last year, Education Secretary Miguel Cardona urged state lawmakers and school leaders “to move swiftly toward condemning and eliminating” a practice that “can lead to serious physical pain and injury,” is associated with heightened mental health issues, stunted brain development and hindered academic performance. Nationally, federal data show that corporal punishment is disproportionately used on students of color and those with disabilities. "

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2024 12:57 AM

What possible interest is this story to Datalounge???

by Anonymousreply 1March 25, 2024 4:28 AM

Is there a gay angle, OP?

Naked men involved?

Gay sex?

by Anonymousreply 2March 25, 2024 4:49 AM

That cheerleaders mother needs to face serious charges for naming her Brooklynn. What is this fuckery?

by Anonymousreply 3March 25, 2024 4:52 AM

The principal that played baseball was hot back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 4March 25, 2024 4:59 AM

Who cares about this little blonde Ho!?

by Anonymousreply 5March 25, 2024 5:00 AM

Nancy Grace does, R5.

by Anonymousreply 6March 25, 2024 5:09 AM

I’m well aware hon. Thanks!! wealth whispers….the costumes were low budget as all get out.

They could have at least sprung for some real vintage pieces.

My Western PA/NE OH roots didn’t make me obtuse of fashion. In fact, it made me hyper alert to spotting real quality when you saw it.

My Grandmother and Aunt’s had some of the real stuff that they cherished - they weren’t ostentatious or overtly “labelized” like many today. But when they turned out for Sunday church or Wednesday canasta, you better believe you could see the quality in the pieces they wore.

That’s my only point. Same point I’ve made about the cheap set designs.

We’ve seen photos on this very sub with these women dressed to the absolute NINES in sheath dresses and capris. It’s the quality - not the quantity.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2024 5:17 AM

Of course this is of interest to DL.

Assistant Principal Tim Davis, a former Major League Baseball player who pitched for the Seattle Mariners, and Principal Eric Willis, who observed and laughed, are about to get fucked

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2024 5:18 AM

Was her boyfriend gay?

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2024 5:18 AM

The OP is a true crime frau who thinks Data lounge should be as outraged about some random missing white Ho as they are.

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2024 5:20 AM

I’m from Raleigh and in these parts, this isn’t newsworthy at all. So she was paddled? And…

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2024 5:22 AM

Oh no! The poor dear was paddled.

by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2024 5:24 AM

"thick like a chapter book". So it wasn't thin like the Berenstain Bears books she usually reads? I haven't heard someone call a regular book a "chapter book" since the third grade.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2024 6:14 AM

Where was assistant principal Tim Davis when I was in school? I could have used some of his strict discipline..

by Anonymousreply 14March 25, 2024 7:09 AM

[quote] "thick like a chapter book". So it wasn't thin like the Berenstain Bears books she usually reads? I haven't heard someone call a regular book a "chapter book" since the third grade."

This struck me as odd too, R13. She sounds as if she is speaking from a largely different time. I haven't heard "chapter book" in ages, and only ever DID hear it from people significantly older than me. It was a term of the past. I was in school during the 80s & 90s. We just called them "books".

by Anonymousreply 15March 25, 2024 7:23 AM

The infiltration of straight fraus and Incels on DL continues, and they bring with them stupid stories about breeders like OP.

by Anonymousreply 16March 25, 2024 7:26 AM

R10 what missing white ho? what are you even talking about bitch?

R16 Kiss my ass. I thought it was an outrageous story. I didn't realize corporal punishment was still going on in public schools and I thought the retired baseball pro paddler and the tragic white trash names made it fun enough for DL. I was wrong. I do think you're being a jerk and overreacting but I'm also a little bit sorry that I didn't think about it more carefully before posting a thread. I do legitimately hate the idea of littering here or contributing in a negative way and I was banned for 24 hours for making this thread anyway. Never again!

by Anonymousreply 17March 25, 2024 11:16 AM

Because it’s Florida, I hope she wins. But because it’s Florida, she won’t.

by Anonymousreply 18March 25, 2024 11:20 AM

Look at the girls photo. That was a sex assault by two old men. I’m only shocked they didn’t tag team her on the principals desk.

by Anonymousreply 19March 25, 2024 11:26 AM

The men were simply acting like a group of mormon elders initiating a new wife. I don’t know what the big deal is.

by Anonymousreply 20March 25, 2024 3:36 PM

Some cheerleader who says "chapter book" likely also refers to writing instruments as "ink pens".

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2024 12:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!