Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Dissecting the ‘Cowboy Carter’ Cover: Beyoncé’s Yeehaw Agenda

NYTimes doing its NYTimes thing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2024 12:17 AM

I’d rather her do a rock album, in all honesty, rather than the sub-Shania country pop. Country music usually has narrative based lyrics. Beyonce doesn’t write lyrics, she freestyles stuff like “surfbort” at the mic. “Don’t be a bitch come taking it to the floor now woo” doesn’t cut it.

The real test is if Madonna’s heir to Queen of Pop crown, Taylor Swift, will deign to record a country duet with Beyonce. I’m thinking no, but Taylor will attend her launch party.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2024 8:51 AM

Even Beyonce admits this isn't country. And the country fans don't want her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2024 9:31 AM

She does look gorgeous on the cover, like an 80s cowgirl Barbie.

Her teaser video for Texas Hold 'Em was cool, but I could have done without seeing her melonesque titties wobbling about all over the shop. Put a fucking bra on it.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2024 10:17 AM

Am I missing something here? Is the vapid Cowboy Barbie look intentional? Is every album of hers now going to feature her on horseback? Is this yet another one of her “genius” renaissance maneuvers?

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2024 10:19 AM

I’d rather this tranny go away.

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2024 10:22 AM

poor horse!

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2024 11:17 AM

Hubby lectures the Grammy folk onstage about his wife not having the Grammy that counts. Wife wearing a cowboy hat, hmm. Teases new music. Drops two of the songs, country, which causes controversy du jour. Flashforward to everyone falling all over Beyonce for opening up country to the black community with "Cowboy Carter" and her picking up the Album of the Year Grammy to go with her 1,999 "lesser" Grammys.

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2024 12:01 PM

None of this originated from HER. She’s too stupid for that. It’s her team.

by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2024 12:22 PM

I love how triggered some cuntry fans/white people have gotten that she's doing this and that so many like the songs.

"Nooooooo! BLACK PEOPLE aren't allowed to be successful here, too! Woke Woke Woke Woke BLAH BLAH BLAH!"

The bitchfits and tantrums are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2024 12:40 PM

Let’s black wash country music!

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2024 12:41 PM

Isn't she just doing what Elvis and Eminem and Madonna did with rock and rap and disco, but in reverse? She's not really my thing but I say , go for it.

by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2024 12:45 PM

Is Beyoncé that popular? I know she has many older fans but do young people buy her new stuff?

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2024 12:45 PM

[quote] Is every album of hers now going to feature her on horseback?

You heard it here first: I'm leaking the mockup of Beyonce's next album cover.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2024 1:20 PM

[quote] Is Beyoncé that popular? I know she has many older fans but do young people buy her new stuff?

Gen Z makes up the majority of her fanbase.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2024 1:31 PM

Her music has no energy and she herself seems bored whenever she's performing any of her songs. Like I really would like to like her but she's just so boring. It's almost like with that song she just released that they realize this and they tried to add all those woos to induce some sort of excitement.

by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2024 2:05 PM

Got no problem with Beyonce doing country music, but it just feels so calculated. And like Lady Gaga, a lot of her music feels half-baked, more like demos than finished songs. The two songs she's already released are such snoozers...

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2024 2:10 PM

Hate her

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2024 2:25 PM

r15 I recently listened to Single Ladies again after several years. It's not as good as I remember it.

Still, her favorite to me is Crazy in Love, but that might be pure nostalgia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2024 9:16 PM

R2 omg so of you are so literal you don’t get the point she is making. The Queen clearly said her next album will be country and then released two country tracks. She said at the time of Act 1’s release and then somewhat reiterated a couple months before Super Bowl. But make no mistake about it. This is a Beyonce album first. She can’t be pigeonhole to one genre. She is a a musical genius and icon. She is more than a pop star diva at this point.

by Anonymousreply 19March 24, 2024 9:26 PM

[quote] —TeacakeRises

Not for long, junkie.

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2024 9:28 PM

"A musical genius"... Jesus. SMH.

by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2024 9:28 PM

R16 Everybody in my office has been humming Texas Hold ‘em. And not just yes queens, straight middle aged white men. And you know the Frau Karens love it too. It’s her catchiest bop in years.

I love the imagery that the Queen is displaying to remind people that African-Americans are not other or “exotic” foreigners. Our ancestors built this country and most of our bloood lines go back much further than your average white person who wants to scream “Murica”. In fact the only blood lines that go back as far as most black Americans, I’m not talking Weet Indians, but regular ol’ black Americans are prominent white people. Why do you think most of us have the most prominent old money sounding last names. Jones, Carter, Clark, Johnson, Adams.

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2024 9:32 PM

[quote] Everybody in my office has been humming Texas Hold ‘em.

The office you made up among your other lies?

by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2024 9:34 PM

R20 your post says everything about you and nothing about me. Trying to disparage people for anonymously discussing addiction problems. Such trash you are. I own my vices and have been conquering them 3 weeks straight now.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2024 9:34 PM

West* Indians, should read. I don’t want anyone to think I am trying to disparage Native Americans.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2024 9:35 PM

[quote] I own my vices and have been conquering them 3 weeks straight now.

Yeah, is that why all your previous aliases got shitcanned by Muriel a week ago?

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2024 9:35 PM

R14 Millenials are her hardcore fan base followed by black Gen X. Gen Z fucks with Bey because she is such an icon. They love creating her dance son TikTok. She is more than just music to them. It’s the equivalent of Elvis Presley to Gen X or Michael Jackson to Millenials. The stuff that made him a superstar came out before many were born but he continued to release music and overall cultural clout throughout their childhoods.

by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2024 9:39 PM

R26 Please I mean no disrespect. Let live and love. Learn to love life again.

by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2024 9:40 PM

Has anyone her never liked her like I have? I watched a documentary about Destiny’s Child last week on you tube. It highlights how her dad was the manager and the other members of the group were treated as replaceable and like shit.

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2024 9:43 PM

Here* not the first her

by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2024 9:43 PM

She's a useless fat slab of mediocrity.

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2024 9:44 PM

R29 That’s all propaganda. It was Matthew’s money, dedication, time, attention that was all invested into the group. Notice that Kelly and Michelle are still rich and successful and doing projects. Anyways the other girls who were adult teens at the time were being manipulated by their greedy parents. They could have been patient and worked hard. They all have stated that when they wanted to go out clubbing Queen Bey was like no need to rehearse and practice. She was the most talented and most committed. Matthew was a motherfucker and doing grimme shit, not just then but even during the Queen’s solo career that’s why she got rid of him after the release of I Am Sasha Fierce.

They have all reunited, moved on, and it’s all love today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2024 9:50 PM

To me, this is less about Beyoncé, and more about the vacuous content one finds in the NYTimes.

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2024 9:51 PM

All singers eventually go country -- if they get old enough.

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2024 9:53 PM

[quote] That’s all propaganda. It was Matthew’s money, dedication, time, attention that was all invested into the group. Notice that Kelly and Michelle are still rich and successful and doing projects. Anyways the other girls who were adult teens at the time were being manipulated by their greedy parents. They could have been patient and worked hard. They all have stated that when they wanted to go out clubbing Queen Bey was like no need to rehearse and practice. She was the most talented and most committed. Matthew was a motherfucker and doing grimme shit, not just then but even during the Queen’s solo career that’s why she got rid of him after the release of I Am Sasha Fierce. They have all reunited, moved on, and it’s all love today.

No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2024 9:54 PM

R4 the first album cover paid homage to Lady Godiva and how she didn’t give fuck about what people thought and embraced her sexuality. So the horse imagery continues with this album and the Queen displays her patriotism.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2024 9:56 PM

R35 Facts. I thought we were discussing this on an online anonymous celebrity gossip site. My fault. I will discuss the Dow Jones and Apple antitrust lawsuit.

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2024 9:57 PM

R33 The Times has declared Beyoncé a godess several times over the last few years

by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2024 9:59 PM

She’s meh.

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2024 9:59 PM

This is when I understood the Queen was a beautiful goddess who could not be touched. Her vocals are fkin insane. Everything about this no other regular schmegular pop diva could do this, not even Taylor.

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2024 10:06 PM

Ooos forgot to post.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2024 10:06 PM

Compared to Beyonce, even Taylor Swift seems like a true, authentic artiste.

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2024 10:09 PM

[quote]Not for long, junkie.

Leave him alone.

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2024 10:20 PM

[quote] Leave him alone.

Eat shit

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2024 10:23 PM

No, you, R44.

This place is so racist. White men can be honest about substance abuse all day long but let a Black man do it and it's open season.

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2024 10:26 PM

Oh now I know you're a Teacunt sock puppet account.

The guy is white and everyone knows it.

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2024 10:28 PM

R46. That’s not me. Please stop it.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2024 10:53 PM

[quote] Her vocals are flat as fuck.

FIFY

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2024 10:58 PM

To me, there is nothing particularly distinct about her voice.

Unlike, say, Judy Garland, Esther Philips, Sophie Tucker, Nina Simone, Dinah Washington, Tina Turner, Shirley Horn, Amy Winehouse, Astrud Gilberto, etc etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2024 11:04 PM

Boring shit from generic plastic soulless black Barbie knockoff billionaire

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2024 11:17 PM

R13 There are different versions of this with different colored horses, too!

by Anonymousreply 51March 25, 2024 12:03 AM

Why is she wearing the platinum blonde hair weave? How can we have our black girls look up to someone so artificial looking?

by Anonymousreply 52March 25, 2024 12:20 AM

[quote] Still, her favorite to me is Crazy in Love, but that might be pure nostalgia.

Mine is Irreplaceable, which has the same writers as Chris Brown’s With You, who probably gave a better singing performance but I’ll give it to Beyonce on sole account of her not being a Chris Brown.

by Anonymousreply 53March 25, 2024 6:18 AM

[quote] Why is she wearing the platinum blonde hair weave? How can we have our black girls look up to someone so artificial looking?

The platinum weave - fun and costumey. The skin lightening - highly fucking spurious.

by Anonymousreply 54March 25, 2024 6:19 AM

r53 sorry, my syntax seems off. That probably should have been "my favorite of hers."

This is another track I like for nostalgia's sake, although she doesn't play a very prominent role in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 25, 2024 9:06 AM

I also forget she collaborated with Sean Paul (whom I liked around 2003).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 25, 2024 9:29 AM

DIL was the only CD of hers that I could tolerate. And that was because of CRAZY IN LOVE.

by Anonymousreply 57March 25, 2024 2:20 PM

And Crazy in Love was only good because of the sample they used.

by Anonymousreply 58March 25, 2024 2:21 PM

What was the sample of r58?

by Anonymousreply 59March 25, 2024 2:26 PM

From a Ronettes song IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 60March 25, 2024 2:31 PM

It's from this r60

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 25, 2024 2:36 PM

Beyonce can't draw breath without someone writing a thinkpiece about it. Some woman last week said she was evoking the Texas Rangers by riding a horse and holding a flag and therefore it was anti-immigrant. Why not Joan of Arc? Dale Evans? Genghis Khan? They rode horses too!

by Anonymousreply 62March 25, 2024 2:50 PM

Thanks for the correction r 61. The original song has that “wall of sound” that Phil Spector was famous for.

People project their own ideas and beliefs on Beyonce because of the way her team sells her to the public. Everyone acts like she sends messages via her music and videos and make her out to be a feminist or black icon. She’s not smart enough to come up with these concepts. And we all know the truth about her “songwriting”.

by Anonymousreply 63March 25, 2024 4:09 PM

R58 Lemonade is a near perfect album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 25, 2024 10:22 PM

R63 You don’t know what her motherfucking intellect is. She is smart enough to incorporate ideals from ghetto American, college educated black Americans, and make it palatable to a mainstream audience. She is a fucking genius.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 25, 2024 10:24 PM

Methinks the Teacake doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 66March 25, 2024 10:27 PM

R4, it's one of the 1 zillion things Gen Z people refer to as "iconic".

by Anonymousreply 67March 25, 2024 10:31 PM

[quote] You don’t know what her motherfucking intellect is. She is smart enough to incorporate ideals from ghetto American, college educated black Americans, and make it palatable to a mainstream audience. She is a fucking genius.

Careful everyone, methy is about to have another one of his drug fueled meltdowns. Take cover.

by Anonymousreply 68March 25, 2024 10:32 PM

[quote] Is Beyoncé that popular? I know she has many older fans but do young people buy her new stuff?

She's popular but by the way the media spins this, you'd think she was on Madonna or Whitney's level. Rihanna--who hasn't released any new music in 8 years or so--is outstreaming her with Anti.

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2024 10:33 PM

[quote] It’s her catchiest bop in years.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2024 10:34 PM

R69 But when you combine that with the fact that the Queen still moves digital units, can tour all around the world, and any product she mentioned sales increases. The only thing Rih is outselling her with is makeup.

by Anonymousreply 71March 25, 2024 10:37 PM

R68 You are so low brow and a liar. That’s not my drug of choice. Please be better and there universe will grant you good karma in return.

by Anonymousreply 72March 25, 2024 10:38 PM

Female pop artists have dabbled in country before. Gaga’s Joanne album was a whole country aesthetic with her look, videos and some of the songs from that album. And Janet, one of Beyoncé’s idols, had a country-tinged song on her last album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 25, 2024 10:39 PM

Oh LAWDY, Miss Murrrriel, I don't know NUTHIN' bout snortin' no crystal!!

by Anonymousreply 74March 25, 2024 10:40 PM

Not to derail a thread that's already being derailed, but is t--cake yet another iteration of d-facto?

by Anonymousreply 75March 25, 2024 10:41 PM

[quote] Unlike, say, Judy Garland, Esther Philips, Sophie Tucker, Nina Simone, Dinah Washington, Tina Turner, Shirley Horn, Amy Winehouse, Astrud Gilberto, etc etc etc.

Beyonce is not interested in being a cult artist. She wants to be EVERYTHING. And I am here for it. There are certainly better voices but that's not what she is about.

by Anonymousreply 76March 25, 2024 10:42 PM

R73 Janet is not one of the Queen’s idols. She respects the shit out of Janet but she is not her idol. Her idols include Tina Turner, Diana Ross, Prince, Michael Jackson, Barbera Streisand, and Josephine Baker.

by Anonymousreply 77March 25, 2024 10:42 PM

R75, No.

by Anonymousreply 78March 25, 2024 10:43 PM

Amy Winehouse was NOT a cult artist, Back to Black is massively popular. Probably more popular than any Beyonce album.

by Anonymousreply 79March 25, 2024 10:46 PM

[quote] Not to derail a thread that's already being derailed, but is t--cake yet another iteration of d-facto?

You got it.

by Anonymousreply 80March 25, 2024 10:47 PM

r79 I don't know if it's more popular. But it's certainly better than any Beyoncé album.

by Anonymousreply 81March 25, 2024 10:49 PM

R79 That’s actually a fair statement. I am Sasha Fierce or self titled might be as equally popular though but not more profound.

by Anonymousreply 82March 25, 2024 10:50 PM

R81 I don’t know Lemonade might be a better album. Pretentious casual pop listeners won’t give it a chance because of the pop divatude brand but that shit excellent. Real music heads know Lemonade is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 83March 25, 2024 10:51 PM

[quote][R73] Janet is not one of the Queen’s idols.

“You look in the audience and you see this little girl that was me when I was looking at Michael or Janet or Tina Turner…”. —Beyonce

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 25, 2024 10:52 PM

R84 ok Janbot you win.

by Anonymousreply 85March 25, 2024 10:53 PM

Teafuck, you and Jabba should be best friends. You're both batshit crazy and love to call people f@ggot.

by Anonymousreply 86March 25, 2024 10:57 PM

R86 I ain’t gna lie I was not expecting to read that batshit crazy 😂. Thanks for the laugh.

by Anonymousreply 87March 25, 2024 10:58 PM

Speaking of Gaga’s foray into Country, JOANNE, it was really an underrated album.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 25, 2024 10:58 PM

This whole album is just an effort for her to win Album of the Year in this genre. Why does she care so much? The music is not good.

I maintain that her first album is iconic and should've won Album of the Year 20 years ago. That Outkast album was a flash in the pan. Beyonce was on fire when Crazy In Love and Baby Boy were #1 records; she was the hottest woman out AND the music was actually good. Everybody wanted her or wanted to be her. Other R&B/pop girls got shelved because Beyonce's 1st solo album made such a huge dent. The industry just missed the mark way back then and now we must suffer through this middle aged woman trying to attain something she should've already received.

by Anonymousreply 89March 26, 2024 12:04 AM

R89 That album is weak and yall I know how I feel about the Queen. I appreciate her beautiful voice but it’s a bunch of Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey throwaway ballads and that schmatzy contemporary r&b of the early aughts. I do really love the closing track and Speechless but if not for its monster singles that album would be borderline trash. Alicia Keys first two albums are MUCH better than Dangerously In Love. Bday is a much better, sonically coherent concept album.

With that being said it is nowhere near in the same league as Speakerboxx/The Love Below.

by Anonymousreply 90March 26, 2024 12:14 AM

R89, I think Dangerously in Love is patchy. "Crazy in Love", "Hip Hop Star" and "Me, Myself & I" are the highlights (I do love the title track, but it's virtually identical to the version that had already been released on Survivor). But the album drags towards the end due to a run of three very repetitive songs in a row ("Signs", "Speechless" and "That's How You Like It"), followed by that horrendous Luther Vandross duet.

by Anonymousreply 91March 26, 2024 12:17 AM

Agree with both of you about DIL album cuts. But I still think she carried with "Crazy In Love", "Baby Boy" and "Me Myself and I". Those tracks were enough to give her the grand prize and no one would've been upset in 2004. Definitive early 2000s era songs that are more memorable than Speakerboxx/The Love Below IMO

r90 Bday is also my personal favorite Beyonce album because I feel like its the one that is authentically her from start to finish. She was trying to hard to please and/or keep up with the kids on the others. Bday indicates that she is actually a real woman sometimes and not a robot.

by Anonymousreply 92March 26, 2024 12:31 AM

"Work It Out" really should have been included on the standard version of Dangerously in Love (I think it was a bonus track in some countries, actually). It's a great song, wouldn't sound out of place, and would break up the glut of ballads.

by Anonymousreply 93March 26, 2024 12:39 AM

[quote] Amy Winehouse was NOT a cult artist, Back to Black is massively popular. Probably more popular than any Beyonce album.

Amy Winehouse IS a cult artist. "Cult artist" is not shade. Joni Mitchell, Nina Simone, Norah Jones and Dusty Springfield are "cult artists." Many are exceptional artists but only occasionally does their art align with the pop culture zeitgeist or influence the broader culture. Beyonce is the pop culture zeitgeist. Like Madonna was once. It doesn't mean everyone has to like her.

by Anonymousreply 94March 26, 2024 1:13 AM

[quote] But the album drags towards the end due to a run of three very repetitive songs in a row ("Signs", "Speechless" and "That's How You Like It"), followed by that horrendous Luther Vandross duet.

That Luther Vandross duet is gorgeous. It is a definite feather in her cap that she was able to hold her own with Luther.

by Anonymousreply 95March 26, 2024 1:15 AM

[quote] [R79] I don't know if it's more popular. But it's certainly better than any Beyoncé album.

I enjoy "Back to Black" but in some ways it was -- to quote Madonna -- "reductive." Her look and her sound was a clear homage to vintage music styles. The late, great Sharon Jones (of the DapKings) was firmly entrenched in this genre of retro soul when Amy came along, took her band and pulled an Elvis. "Back to Black" benefited enormously from Mark Ronson's slick polish.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96March 26, 2024 1:25 AM

R95 I really like the ballad just because I appreciate it today because you don’t hear r&b sung straight like that anymore—by contemporary black artists who are also popular. But Luther was definitely phoning it in. And Bey’s vocals are gorgeous and she carries her runs but on the same token it’s like you imagine someone like Whitney or Anita who would have absolutely bodied that track in their prime. You could tell Bey is softening her voice to be like the next Whitney Houston compared to husky soprano vocals she had in DC.

by Anonymousreply 97March 26, 2024 1:26 AM

[quote] That Outkast album was a flash in the pan.

Eh? Outkast had already had a few successful albums by then, especilaly Stankonia which went diamond. And Speakerboxx/Love Below was massive too. Hey Ya was everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 98March 26, 2024 1:48 AM

My bad, Stankonia sold 5 million. But it was still a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 99March 26, 2024 1:49 AM

R98 Its a typical top 40/ easy listening music queen.

by Anonymousreply 100March 26, 2024 1:53 AM

Bday was her best album because it was fun and she didn’t take herself so seriously then. Her self-titled album was also great. I didn’t get the hype around Lemonade, it wasn’t cohesive. I loved certain tracks on Renaissance but hated others. Her first album was all over the place and she didn’t really have an identity outside of DC yet.

by Anonymousreply 101March 26, 2024 1:58 AM

R101 Bday is the album in which the Queen asserted that she could do for a relationship what Martin Luther King did for the people 😂. THAT is when she started the over the top shrillness and absurdity. But that shit worked because she is the only chica in the game that could actually sell it.

by Anonymousreply 102March 26, 2024 2:01 AM

Beyoncé and Taylor Swift are the bland industrial product the American public is delighted to consume. Appalling.

by Anonymousreply 103March 26, 2024 3:38 AM

R103 How in hell could you think this was bland.

by Anonymousreply 104March 26, 2024 3:52 AM

Tuneless, fiddling productions, absence of songs. Ever notice nobody covers Beyoncé? It's shit.

by Anonymousreply 105March 26, 2024 4:32 AM

R105 Don’t ever lie again hoe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 26, 2024 5:10 AM

Ever

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 26, 2024 5:10 AM

Try not to to do it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108March 26, 2024 5:12 AM

You’ve made a fool of yourself.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 26, 2024 5:13 AM

And now you shall NEVER speak again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 26, 2024 5:13 AM

Gimmick covers. Only the Mayer is listenable because he has a nice voice and his version is xo times better than Beyoncé, who is pure shit.

by Anonymousreply 111March 26, 2024 5:15 AM

If I Were a Boy is not a Beyonce original. She herself covered it, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 112March 26, 2024 5:17 AM

R111 You were OWNED hoe. I love the double down and ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 113March 26, 2024 5:18 AM

R110 only proves my point. Tuneless diddling. And vulgar. Trash.

by Anonymousreply 114March 26, 2024 5:19 AM

R112 It’s not a cover dumbass. Just because the bitch who wrote it also recorded the demo does not make Beyonce’s version, the first official PUBLISHED release a cover. You don’t know shit about the music industry.

by Anonymousreply 115March 26, 2024 5:19 AM

You wish you could own but you never will, being a pathetic addictive type and wasting your time on trash vulgar industrial product.

by Anonymousreply 116March 26, 2024 5:20 AM

R124 well there’s no accounting for taste. Don’t you feel like what you feel about that song is how your parents felt about The Rolling Stones. Even though I contend that is low rent hip-hop but it’s not exactly timeless to me. Anyways my point is demonstrating the Queens clout and influence.

by Anonymousreply 117March 26, 2024 5:21 AM

Not exactly tuneless* should read. Dam autotype.

by Anonymousreply 118March 26, 2024 5:22 AM

Drake cut this track when he was becoming a superstar.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119March 26, 2024 5:22 AM

I'd ask if you kiss your mother with that potty mouth but obviously you can't kiss that old toxic drug dealing whore locked up in East Jersey State Prison.

by Anonymousreply 120March 26, 2024 5:23 AM

R120 What in the lawd given hell is you talkin bout. What is you talkin bout.

Jesus take the wheel please.

by Anonymousreply 121March 26, 2024 5:24 AM

How did you know I was addressing you and your hoebag mother? Oh, wait.

by Anonymousreply 122March 26, 2024 5:27 AM

The ol’ purposely obtuse schtick. Ahaha. Me loves it.

by Anonymousreply 123March 26, 2024 5:37 AM

Teacake writes just like DarkMingeLord

by Anonymousreply 124March 26, 2024 5:24 PM

R124 Well I can assure you we are not the same person. I believe that cunt cursed me out one day. I don’t even remember the topic. He seems at bit mentally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 125March 26, 2024 6:53 PM

Teacake stop cooning. It’s embarrassing. People curse at you because you provoke them to. You love dragging people down.

It’s known that Beyonce is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier. Deal with it.

by Anonymousreply 126March 27, 2024 1:07 AM

People are speculating that she and Jigga could be next on the Feds’s list.

by Anonymousreply 127March 27, 2024 1:34 AM

R126 How the fuck am I cooking. Shut yo monkey ass up. Hater.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128March 27, 2024 1:35 AM

Cooning* Goddam Iphone ughhhhhhh

by Anonymousreply 129March 27, 2024 1:36 AM

BASTA!!! The NYTimes has run more stories on Beyonce than they ran on the entire Gulf War!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 27, 2024 12:09 PM

I can't get enough of this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 29, 2024 12:41 AM

You guys the album dropped today and it is brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 132March 29, 2024 7:45 PM

TeacakeRises = A.I. Casket Seer

by Anonymousreply 133March 30, 2024 1:24 AM

I wonder how artists like Rhiannan Giddens and Amethyst Kiah and Yola feel about Beyonce getting accolades like the VP Harris crediting her for redefining a genre and taking country back to its black roots. I realize Rhiannon was part of this album but still knowing that they've done it better.

What I listen to so far it's still the same kind of land music she always makes where she just doesn't even sound like she's into singing it. But I guess we're all supposed to worship it because most of the population never bothered to know that there have been black women making country music for years.

by Anonymousreply 134March 30, 2024 1:37 AM

Here’s a black woman doing country..50 years ago!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135March 30, 2024 8:43 AM

Didn’t Donna Summer record a country album? I don’t think that it was released though.

by Anonymousreply 136March 30, 2024 11:44 AM

Production, branding, tech with a serviceable voice. Nothing she does seems authentic. She certainly doesn’t write it… I wonder if she would have career without her husband concocting the whole show.

by Anonymousreply 137March 31, 2024 4:13 AM

R137 Any proof to back up your claim?

by Anonymousreply 138March 31, 2024 5:14 AM

So many videos on TikTok and Instagram have Texas Hold ‘em as the theme song. You can’t escape it. Exhausting af.

by Anonymousreply 139April 2, 2024 7:14 PM

Jesus Christ, Teafuck's shuckin' n jivin' routine is all over this thread. Someone running a twofer on crystal last week, junkie?

by Anonymousreply 140April 2, 2024 7:31 PM

R140 #mentalhealth

by Anonymousreply 141April 2, 2024 8:41 PM

R138

by Anonymousreply 142April 4, 2024 10:08 AM

Can you please stop lying on my name. It’s exhausting at this point.

by Anonymousreply 143April 4, 2024 4:36 PM

Everything old is new again. All things in pop are cyclical. In 1983, Donna Summer donned a cowboy hat and entered a honky tonk on a white horse in to sing country classics with country music star Eddie Rabbitt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144April 4, 2024 8:29 PM

[quote] Can you please stop lying on my name. It’s exhausting at this point.

I dunno, Teafuck. Can you please stop lying? It's exhausting at this point.

by Anonymousreply 145April 4, 2024 10:25 PM

R145 You are weird and obsessive and wack.

Btw this album won’t be in the country genre at next years Grammys. It’s too expansive. It’s country influenced but it’s a wide mix of genres even sometimes within the same track. It will have to be in the Pop category.

The Queen did a hip hop song with Dolly Parton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146April 4, 2024 11:17 PM

[quote] You are weird and obsessive and wack.

And your new name is already greyed out. If that doesn't tell you what people on here think about you, I don't know what will. Can it penetrate that thick, delusional skull of yours?

by Anonymousreply 147April 4, 2024 11:26 PM

R13 That is so fucking brill!

by Anonymousreply 148April 4, 2024 11:29 PM

R147 It’s all fucking you and your numerous names as well as other haters. Sad.

by Anonymousreply 149April 4, 2024 11:30 PM

Sure, Jan. I have that power. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 150April 4, 2024 11:31 PM

It's like fashion designers who run out of ideas. There are only so many "looks," so many lengths of dress, so many types of jackets, so many ways to flare pants or not flare pants. Got to recycle the ideas, bitches.

by Anonymousreply 151April 5, 2024 12:17 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!