Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Carville __ Biden's poll numbers are as bad as seeing your grandma naked and the party is dominated by 'preachy females'

A few years ago, when James Carville was teaching at Louisiana State University, he heard that one of his students had gotten into the school of her dreams to work on an advanced degree. He wanted to toast her.

“I get a $25 champagne and four plastic flutes,” he recalled, “and I said to the students: ‘All right. You are not going to get out of James Carville’s class unless you know how to properly open a bottle of champagne.’

“I said: ‘Here’s what you’re going to do. You don’t pop it like you see in the movies or you’re going to poke somebody’s eye out. You take the foil off. Now you’re going to take a dishcloth, and you’re going to execute the classic counterclockwise movement. The bottle is going to go one way; the cork is going to go the other way. You just ease it out, and the sound that you are looking for is the sigh of a satisfied woman.’

“The next Tuesday, the dean comes into my office and he said: ‘I’m closing the door. We need to have a talk.’”

A female student had complained about the sighing line.

He wanted to mutter to the dean, “Her boyfriend has never heard that sound,” but he simply said, “OK, I’ll endeavor to do better.”

Lately, he has been obsessed with Biden bleeding Black male voters.

“A suspicion of mine is that there are too many preachy females” dominating the culture of his party. “‘Don’t drink beer. Don’t watch football. Don’t eat hamburgers. This is not good for you.’ The message is too feminine: ‘Everything you’re doing is destroying the planet. You’ve got to eat your peas.’

“If you listen to Democratic elites — NPR is my go-to place for that — the whole talk is about how women, and women of color, are going to decide this election. I’m like: ‘Well, 48 percent of the people that vote are males. Do you mind if they have some consideration?’”

He disagrees with Democrats who claim there’s been too much attention on Biden’s age.

“If you do a focus group,” he said, “the first thing out of anybody’s mouth is ‘Old,’ so how do you say we’re going to act like this doesn’t exist?”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 4, 2024 8:26 PM

Amen.

by Anonymousreply 1March 24, 2024 12:19 AM

He's right.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2024 12:19 AM

His folksy witticisms ain’t what they used to be.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2024 12:22 AM

Damn, that guy is fug. Plus, he married Mary Matalin, so WTF does he know about women? I mean, if there's a woman who looks like she's never been satisfied...

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2024 12:24 AM

A unique accent. But he knows how to tell a story and take you on a journey

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2024 12:26 AM

Pundits gotta pund.

by Anonymousreply 6March 24, 2024 12:36 AM

Worked in bars and restaurants for a few years. Here is how I uncork sparkling wine:

1. Make sure it's chilled and hasn't just been jostled around in a car. (So it's cold and won't explode.)

2. Remove the foil from the top part of the bottle. I remove all of the foil (including the neck), not just the part covering the cork, but up to you.

3. Drape a dish cloth over the top of the bottle / cork.

4. Put one hand on top of the towel / cork.

5. With the other hand, twist the tab on the wire cage (you're untwisting the wire, actually). *However, don't remove the cage.*

6. Over the towel, grab the cork (still has the cage on it). At the same time: rock the cork gently and pull the cork away from the bottle. You don't need to do anything to the bottle except keep it stable.

There was one bartender I worked with who would just grab the cork and pop it off (bottle upright on bar, cage completely off).

by Anonymousreply 7March 24, 2024 12:47 AM

The ultimate classy way to open champagne

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 24, 2024 12:59 AM

His wife, Mary Matalin, calls him Serpent Head.

by Anonymousreply 9March 24, 2024 2:45 AM

James Carville is Bill Clinton’s man, Bill Clinton is advising Gavin Newsom, and the goal now is for everybody to start talking about how Joe Biden is too old and his polls are so bad, so that it will seem like Biden falling on his sword when he drops out of the race on March 31st, even though that is what was planned months ago, when Gavin Newsom was selected by the donors to be the Democratic candidate.

by Anonymousreply 10March 24, 2024 2:54 AM

Yes the senators are surrounding Joe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 24, 2024 3:05 AM

Why don't you worry about your political party which is in shambles and your equally aged candidate orange!

As a long term Democratic party member, Carville is permitted to pontificate and ramble about the inner workings of the Democrats.

You allowed your party to be consumed by magats, so no, your political input is not valuable or needed.

by Anonymousreply 12March 24, 2024 3:12 AM

You go on and on and on and on about how old Joe is.

Joe IS old.

He is the same age as orange.

I don't see you magats asking orange to resign due to age.

by Anonymousreply 13March 24, 2024 3:15 AM

He so gross and he wife a traitor.

by Anonymousreply 14March 24, 2024 3:32 AM

Did he find his Precious ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 24, 2024 3:37 AM

He is correct, as usual.

by Anonymousreply 16March 24, 2024 3:44 AM

Like Jim Cramer, James Carville seduces people into taking very stupid positions that somehow always makes him money.

by Anonymousreply 17March 24, 2024 4:40 AM

Joe Biden will NOT be stepping aside on Match 31st, or ever.

by Anonymousreply 18March 24, 2024 5:28 AM

Trump is not going to win.

by Anonymousreply 19March 24, 2024 5:29 AM

Oh, Christ!

MARCH 31st!

I make typos in almost every post!

by Anonymousreply 20March 24, 2024 5:31 AM

Carville and Matalin have two daughters.

One, unfortunately, resembles him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 24, 2024 6:03 AM

Mary J. Blige meets James Carville! Next week on The Beat with Ari Melber!

by Anonymousreply 22March 24, 2024 6:13 AM

I don't see Biden winning. I am a Democrat. I think Biden will (possibly) win the popular vote---but still lose the White House. Just like Hillary. That's where this is headed. We have 4 more years of Trump Hell headed our way. But at least Trump will shut the fucking border.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 24, 2024 6:27 AM

R23, And if Trump does win, he cannot run again.

by Anonymousreply 24March 24, 2024 6:42 AM

R21, both parents are fug - Matalin just has hair to camouflage her ugliness.

by Anonymousreply 25March 24, 2024 6:49 AM

Please get real. tRump is NOT going to win. There are too many Repubs who will not vote for this orange POS. He was an unmitigated disaster before and they know that he will be even worse the next time. The only thing that Dump was ever good at was sowing chaos. While there are unfortunately too many voters who have been duped by this narcissistic fraud, there are not enough of them for him to win — or have Putin help him steal another election.

Carville is certainly entitled to his opinion, but in November 2024, after Biden, the Democrats, and every affiliated organization on the left spend millions of dollars reminding voters (who may have forgotten) exactly how awful Cheatolini was and will be, he will not prevail. The twice impeached, four times indicted rapist and adjudicated business fraud will find himself facing prison terms not an inauguration in January 2025.

by Anonymousreply 26March 24, 2024 7:25 AM

[Quote] tRump is NOT going to win

I've heard that before

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 24, 2024 7:35 AM

R27 and I remember the trolls boasting how he was going to win in a landslide the following cycle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 24, 2024 7:39 AM

R28 but they people who vehemently said he wouldn't win @R27 are politicians, pundits ,celebrities . . .

by Anonymousreply 29March 24, 2024 7:59 AM

R26 Democrat here. I am beginning to realize Biden won because of Trumps handling of the pandemic. NOBODY can say they are better off now than they were 4 years ago. Have you seen grocery prices? The truth is the Infrastructure Bill was too large and fueled inflation. The electric car industry is a disaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 24, 2024 8:36 AM

R30, ah, yes. Such a "Democrat," I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 31March 24, 2024 8:45 AM

CNN interviews illegal immigrant

Undocumented immigrant says Trump is 'racist.' but would vote for him if he could

“I wouldn’t vote for Joe Biden for this reason,” Velazquez told CNN. “Under Joe Biden, the country is an economic disaster.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2024 8:47 AM

Economists.....2021....."This trillion dollar stimulus package will fuel inflation"..

Biden...2021....."Let's pass the trillion dollar stimulus package!!"

And here we are. Inflation. Thanks, Grampa!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2024 8:48 AM

The choice in 2021 was between another 2008-style recession or rampant inflation. Biden (correctly) chose inflation, the lesser of two evils.

Get the fuck off DL, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2024 11:14 AM

Carville was wrong in 2020 and he'll be wrong again in November. Stop listening to these pundits whose only motivation is to sell you their punditry.

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2024 11:15 AM

“Now don’t tell me that Biden has more energy or cognition than Trump because it’s evident that, yeah, Trump’s got word salads, but he projects energy,” Carville said. “He’s insane. He’s a criminal of the first order. But he does have a little timing and a little sense of humor and knows how to move from one story to the other.”

Biden clinging to power has eclipsed the other talent in the party.

“The most underreported, underrealized thing is how talented the Democratic Party is right below the presidential level,” Carville said. “Everyone thinks we’re an old urban party.” He reels off the names of promising Dems: “Mitch Landrieu, Andy Beshear, Josh Shapiro, Wes Moore, Raphael Warnock, Gretchen Whitmer, Gina Raimondo, Roy Cooper.”

He said most of the criticism of Kamala Harris is misogynistic, but added: “She reminds me of this great baseball player. He got arms that big. Can’t wait to see the guy. He takes three pitches and walks back to the dugout.”

Although he is worried about the president’s strength in this race, he said: “I actually like Biden. He’s a tenacious guy that’s had a real life. He’s a state school guy. He doesn’t have an iota of elitism. He doesn’t even know what ‘woke’ is. He’s been demonstrably the best president that Black America’s ever had, Clinton and Obama included. You look at incomes, employment, poverty rates, access to health care. It’s not where whites are, but it’s closer than it’s ever been.”

So how does Biden change the narrative?

“I don’t think he can do much more than soldier on and let the Democratic groups kick in,” he said, shrugging.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2024 11:43 AM

He’s correct that the Democratic base is much more than just black women. But you’d never know that from listening to the media or listening to the Party spokespeople themselves.

by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2024 11:57 AM

Carville is laying out the narrative that was decided a long time ago when it was determined he would step down in March and a candidate chosen by the donors would replace him, eliminating an expensive primary season for the donors.

#1. Biden is “clinging to power.” These words were never used to describe Clinton, Bush 2, Obama, or even Trump when they were running for reelection. They want to reinforce the King Lear narrative, or Logan Roy for those who never bothered with Shakespeare.

#2. The Democratic Party has talent outside of Biden’s administration. This is to point out how Biden has staffed his White House largely with Washington apparatchiks, the swamp creatures that Trumpists crow on and on about. He is pointing out how Biden has failed to use Democratic talent, even right now the Bidenists are saying “Why didn’t he appoint Doug Jones or Sally Yates?” The stupider ones say “He needs to replace Garland one Day One of his next term!” All of Garland’s decisions regarding Trump’s prosecution for January 6 were made with Biden’s approval, if not direction. All of Garland’s decision regarding the Hur report were also done the same way. Garland had the Hur report for two days before he released the unredacted version. Of course Biden saw it.

Democratic talent that Biden did tap has been used poorly. Pete Buttigeig, at best, would have made a fantastic Presidential Spokesman. He was given the Transportation Department. You may have been aware on the news about a little problem with Boeing’s planes. Corruption at the FAA is becoming cited as a source of blame. Transportation oversees the FAA. Little known fact, we only have an acting head of the FAA. Biden’s nominee for FAA WITHDREW because he couldn’t get bipartisan support! He only had two years experience in the aviation industry! Can you guess why he was nominated? Again, this goes back to Carville’s description of the failings of the prevailing liberal political culture. “We need someone to run the FAA. Who cares if he barely has experience. He’s the right color. Just like we only hired the head of Transportation based on who he sleeps with.” Buttigeig’s career in politics is likely over because of what is going to come out over the investigation into Boeing and the FAA. Five days ago he even said “I don’t know if I’ll run for office again or not.”

#3. Kamala Harris is not equipped to replace the President. Kamala Harris was specifically chosen so she would not be a factor in 2024. She was stymied in her role as Vice President and essentially isolated from Biden’s decision making team. The choice of Harris was cynical; done to please James Clybourn to swing South Carolina in Biden’s direction. But they specifically chose someone with a “weak voice” if you remember Dreamgirls, who would stay out of Biden’s way for four years and then be dumped.

#4. Biden has done all that he can do. The story ends with a feeling of hopelessness, of the inevitability of defeat.

This is how you psyop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2024 12:39 PM

Also here is the paywall bypassing article

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2024 12:41 PM

He’s right. It’s even worse than that - the attitude is almost that having a personality at all is somehow reactionary.

by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2024 12:50 PM

[quote] “The most underreported, underrealized thing is how talented the Democratic Party is right below the presidential level,” Carville said. “Everyone thinks we’re an old urban party.” He reels off the names of promising Dems: “Mitch Landrieu, Andy Beshear, Josh Shapiro, Wes Moore, Raphael Warnock, Gretchen Whitmer, Gina Raimondo, Roy Cooper.”

Gee one prominent name missing here.

Chekov’s gun, anyone?

by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2024 1:04 PM

Carville is correct. As he said a few years ago, the biggest problem with the Democratic Party is that too much sway is held by the faculty lounge of the English department at Amherst.

by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2024 1:31 PM

Carville continues to be insufferable - how can you appreciate the message when the messenger is so creepy?

by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2024 2:42 PM

R43 “Were the no trans men of color to deliver the message?”

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2024 2:49 PM

I turned on the television. Sunday morning news.

A yellow haired lass was presenting polling data on "Black's" who want POTUS to pressure the state of Israel to tamper down military action in Gaza.

I immediately turned it off.

Polls are not news presentations.

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2024 3:10 PM

[quote] the narrative that was decided a long time ago when it was determined he would step down in March and a candidate chosen by the donors would replace him, eliminating an expensive primary season for the donors.

Many of us cannot wait for the turn of the calendar to see what narrative will then follow when April is here and Joe Biden is still running for President of the United States as the presumptive Democratic nominee. Oh, end of April then? Or the end of May? How about June? September? Maybe October?

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2024 3:13 PM

Why is anyone still listening to pundits when they have been completely wrong for the past 8 years. CNN fired Chris Cilliza after he spouted the same BS in 2022 that Carville is saying now. The secretly hate anything that goes against the white supremacy that they grew up with.

by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2024 3:13 PM

R47, When did anyone last see Dick Morris?

by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2024 3:20 PM

He may be absolutely correct but it should not matter. It is Donald Trump after all. The clown of all clowns. And the Dems have the actual issues and the numbers,

But my fear is that the GenZ will bail on this election big time.

I am guessing they don’t vote so much for Trump, some obviously will, but that they stay home over one alleged problem or another in record numbers. Lose a little Hispanic support, lose a little black support, GenZ does a disappearing act and we have the fucking impossible return of POTUS Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2024 3:21 PM

It really angered me that those who "reaching across the aisle to bridge common divide" are doing so meddle in the inner workings of the Democratic party.

Democrats decide if POTUS is too old or if he is capable of holding office for a second term, not you.

You fucked up your own party so badly that a hard core right winger like Liz, " Dick Cheney's daughter" has no place in it.

Bad faith actors and worse, saboteurs

And very. Very bad judgment.

by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2024 3:22 PM

I don't have those fears. The last time I left the polling station after casting my vote, I happened to look up and realize I was the oldest person voting. I am middle aged! The other citizens who were casting their vote looked like teenagers!

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2024 3:26 PM

Contrary to popular belief, James Carville is not always right.

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2024 3:27 PM

Yet anotherGOP-sponsored post.

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2024 3:28 PM

[quote]the whole talk is about how women, and women of color, are going to decide this election

This time it's not only the women of color.

The Leo/Crow court reversing Roe set off a maelstrom of anti women legislation across the nation.

Republicans are killing women, and women are not happy.

Prohibition and the women's vote have shown that they are not happy being Stepford Handmaids.

Democratic Landslide

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2024 3:33 PM

R51

The question is not if the GenZ will be the age cohort that shows up to vote the least. Of course they will. That is a given. Voting percentages always goes up and then up for each age group every time

The question is if a few more of them stay home and don’t vote this time. My fears and your one time survey visit to a voting station some time ago does not settle that issue.

The Dems one true hope this election will be straight woman. They will be turning out. The men?

by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2024 3:39 PM

[quote] But at least Trump will shut the fucking border.

Like he did the first time?

by Anonymousreply 56March 24, 2024 3:50 PM

R46 if Joe Biden is still the nominee on April 1, then I am merely wrong.

If Joe Biden is still the nominee in November, then the Democrats lose the election.

Which reality do you prefer?

by Anonymousreply 57March 24, 2024 3:57 PM

Carville's right. I would never vote for anyone in the current Republican party under the sway of the authoritarian, racist, sexist, irresponsible imbecile, but...

Carville's right about Biden clinging to power. He's too OLD! Yes, the imbecile is two years younger, but he exhibits energy. Biden does not.

The Wokeness of the Democratic party has alienated them from people who are by and large decent.

Immigration appears out of control. That and the high cost of groceries and gasoline will cost the Democrats the election.

by Anonymousreply 58March 24, 2024 3:58 PM

Trump exhibits energy in his relatively limited public appearances. He also exhibits dementia.

Biden is on camera all the time, and sometimes he looks his age. But at least he is not losing his mind.

by Anonymousreply 59March 24, 2024 4:02 PM

My own father, a Fox News watching Republican, told me the other day, that something about the election did not make sense. How could Joe Biden be raising so much money, far more than Trump, and Trump is beating him in all the polls?

This is what people are going to start talking about if Joe Biden hangs in the race much longer. The money he has raised and keeps accumulating needs to be spent. Clinton spent heavily early on during the 1996 primaries. Biden has not.

He will drop out on March 31, same as Lyndon Johnson, repeating the exact same words that Johnson did.

by Anonymousreply 60March 24, 2024 4:03 PM

R57

If you can’t tell us for absolutely sure what is going to happen in April why the fuck should anyone think you can do better about November?

Was it you who started the Trump will be dead in a week thread some months ago?

Are you the one that has been saying over and over again that trump is just running as a stalking horse for Haley?

Or are you just the Biden is just running just to see the nomination go to someone else guy?

It’s hard to keep you straight.

by Anonymousreply 61March 24, 2024 4:09 PM

Trump isn't energetic. And doesn't present younger. Lame magat fantasy.

These men are the same age. One candidate is an insurrectionist, successfully sued for assault who removed and sold classified docs.

Please. Stop.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62March 24, 2024 4:16 PM

Your father is an idiot. All magats are idiots. Venial.

by Anonymousreply 63March 24, 2024 4:17 PM

R63 will Biden also be a magat when he drops out?

by Anonymousreply 64March 24, 2024 4:22 PM

Idiot

by Anonymousreply 65March 24, 2024 4:28 PM

Tell your dad to cash in the remainder of his 401k to help orange pay his legal fines

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 24, 2024 4:30 PM

R66 you are actually proving my point

Biden should not be raising so much money if polls show him doing so poorly. What is happening and why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 24, 2024 5:20 PM

Look at what is happening. Why is this happening to the front runner?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 24, 2024 5:21 PM

Why are the Democrats getting so much soft money for someone who is almost certain to lose reelection?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 24, 2024 5:23 PM

Trump by 8 in Michigan, tied in Pennsylvania

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70March 24, 2024 5:26 PM

But this was the most important question

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 24, 2024 5:26 PM

Drunk Bulgarian magats

by Anonymousreply 72March 24, 2024 5:33 PM

No end of bad news in sight for old Joe! But the money keeps flowing in.

Typically, when large amounts of money are being exchanged, something is being bought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73March 24, 2024 5:36 PM

Democrats choose their candidate in a primary.

The other political party has been wholly consumed by magats and orange is your guy, like it or not.

You have no say either way.

How frustrating for you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74March 24, 2024 5:38 PM

Imagine this scene from Evita, but instead of the masses donating their pesos, it’s wealthy people writing massive checks.

What is being bought?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 24, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote]Democrats choose their candidate in a primary.

That was nice while it lasted.

by Anonymousreply 76March 24, 2024 5:43 PM

Your dad is spending your inheritance to keep orange out of prison.

by Anonymousreply 77March 24, 2024 5:43 PM

R76

The other political party has been wholly consumed by magats and orange is your guy, like it or not.

You have no say either way.

How frustrating for you.

by Anonymousreply 78March 24, 2024 5:44 PM

[quote] If Joe Biden is still the nominee in November, then the Democrats lose the election. Which reality do you prefer?

It would be nice if you returned to Earth One.

by Anonymousreply 79March 24, 2024 5:44 PM

Back on earth here. Has everyone forgotten the Dems secret weapon?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80March 24, 2024 6:00 PM

[quote]The other political party has been wholly consumed by magats

Correction: one party has been consumed by maggots. The maggots chose their maggot nominee, but at least they had a choice.

The other party had been consumed by swine at the trough. The swine have chosen the nominee. We don’t get a choice anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 24, 2024 6:12 PM

R80 is that sarcasm

I can never really tell on Biden threads anymore

by Anonymousreply 82March 24, 2024 6:13 PM

I think there's going to be a distinct difference between polling, turnout and the result. It may be a squeaker, but Democrats will prevail. Enough Republicans will peel off or stay home, women will vote their interests, the suburbs will largely reject Trump, Dems will rally. It is a long time until election day and Trump will regularly say things that cost him votes, like true Jews won't vote Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 83March 24, 2024 6:16 PM

Drunken stupidity

by Anonymousreply 84March 24, 2024 6:16 PM

R83 2016 called and it wants its conventional wisdom back.

by Anonymousreply 85March 24, 2024 6:18 PM

[quote]if Joe Biden is still the nominee on April 1, then I am merely wrong. If Joe Biden is still the nominee in November, then the Democrats lose the election.

Okay, so I was wrong about Biden quitting during the State of the Union and I was wrong about Haley stepping in for Trump and I'll be wrong about Biden announcing he won't run on March 31, but he's going to lose the election and you can take that to the bank!

by Anonymousreply 86March 24, 2024 6:20 PM

r83, landslide. Because Trump is sucking all the political oxygen and cash out of the race. Republicans have no ground game. They have no G-O-T-V, grassroots, door knocking street campaign. They are only concerned with delaying the election count again, but have these fucking idiots figured out WHO are the President and Vice President? Even if they institute a 50 state recount, nothing will change.

Kamila is going to ram through the ceremonial count and life will go on.

by Anonymousreply 87March 24, 2024 6:57 PM

Biden just lost the gay vote.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 24, 2024 7:26 PM

[quote] Biden just lost the gay vote.

🙄 No, he did not. We knew about this last week when it happened. It’s temporary. And the gays are well aware of the dangers of sitting this one out. And we’re not doing ANYTHING that would help out tRump.

by Anonymousreply 89March 24, 2024 7:44 PM

I don’t think US embassies should fly any political flags.

by Anonymousreply 90March 24, 2024 7:48 PM

[quote]Even if they institute a 50 state recount, nothing will change.

Exactly.

Biden loses the election.

by Anonymousreply 91March 24, 2024 7:52 PM

R80 R82

It will be women that drive Biden to victory if he wins. Men may stray to Trump in greater numbers. The GenZ may stay home feeling triggered. Gay men are far to few to carry the day. Women will save us all.

And the single most important female voice this election may will be Taylor Swift. Not Clinton, not Nancy maybe not even Harris.

by Anonymousreply 92March 24, 2024 7:59 PM

This is the same Taylor Swift who couldn’t swing a Senate election in her home state right?

by Anonymousreply 93March 24, 2024 8:02 PM

[quote]but he's going to lose the election and you can take that to the bank!

There are banks on Earth 2?

by Anonymousreply 94March 24, 2024 8:03 PM

[quote]And the single most important female voice this election may will be Taylor Swift.

Taylor Seift needs to apologize for stealing that voice from Beyoncé.

by Anonymousreply 95March 24, 2024 8:07 PM

R93

A deep red state she got 1000s to register with just one tweet. And when interviewed after voting many said it was because of her tweets they registered and voted..

But hey if you would rather she not get involved, if you are sure she will carry not weight in this election , or she will not be needed then just say so.

by Anonymousreply 96March 24, 2024 9:14 PM

[Quote] Trump will regularly say things that cost him votes, like true Jews won't vote Democrat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97March 24, 2024 9:18 PM

It is not temporary, R89.

by Anonymousreply 98March 24, 2024 10:31 PM

[quote]It is not temporary, [R89].

"The White House criticized congressional Republicans for adding a ban on US embassies’ flying the LGBTQ pride flag to a government funding bill, saying it abused the budget process and that President Joe Biden will work for its repeal."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99March 24, 2024 10:49 PM

R99, “President Joe Biden will work for its repeal." is nothing more than wishful thinking.

by Anonymousreply 100March 24, 2024 11:08 PM

Gay people don’t care about this issue. It won’t cost Biden one vote.

It won’t cost him one vote because he won’t be on the ballot.

by Anonymousreply 101March 24, 2024 11:20 PM

Such a troll, r101.

by Anonymousreply 102March 24, 2024 11:27 PM

r93, but Taylor Swift can swing the Tennessee Senate race THIS year.

Goodbye, Marsha Blackburn...

by Anonymousreply 103March 25, 2024 12:12 AM

Tennessee is a solid red state and Blackburn’s race is not expected to be competitive.

by Anonymousreply 104March 25, 2024 12:17 AM

Marsha is running against one of the Tennessee three, Gloria Johnson. Marsha will be retired, you troll, not expected to be competitive.

It will be part of the Year of the Woman Landslide. Gloria is raising money hand over fist.

We will see if your expectations change later, Boris.

by Anonymousreply 105March 25, 2024 12:21 AM

[quote] Marsha is running against one of the Tennessee three, Gloria Johnson.

And most people in Tennessee agreed with the decision to expel them.

You vacillate a lot, first red state voters are vermin who are too stupid to live, but now they are dignified enough to elect a gun control advocate to a seat which has been held by Republicans for thirty years in a state where Republicans control the government.

by Anonymousreply 106March 25, 2024 12:30 AM

[quote] It is not temporary, R89.

Except, that it is temporary. They attached the restriction on flags to a funding bill. A funding bill that ends on September 30, 2024. So, yes, it is indeed temporary because it was not made part of a permanent piece of legislation. When the funding bill expires so does the flag ban. They would have to renew the ban in order to keep it in effect. And if they do it through the funding process again then they risk the ban expiring when that funding bill runs out.

Biden was right, it is an abuse of the funding process. But I don’t think he should waste a minute trying to correct this. There are far more pressing matters, and, as I said, it will end in six months.

by Anonymousreply 107March 25, 2024 12:47 AM

[quote] Biden loses the election.

Nope.

The Democrats shall prevail, thanks to the idiotic GOP inventing reproductive laws that are more primitive than Iran and Saudi Arabia.

I guess they really fucked up with that one, huh?

by Anonymousreply 108March 25, 2024 4:43 AM

Sotomayor is bitching about the job of SCJ.

An opportunity for Biden to nominate a liberal.

by Anonymousreply 109March 25, 2024 4:59 AM

^It's high time for Sotomayor to unwittingly pass along some ricin tea to 6 of her colleagues.

by Anonymousreply 110March 25, 2024 5:05 AM

[quote] The Democrats shall prevail, thanks to the idiotic GOP inventing reproductive laws that are more primitive than Iran and Saudi Arabia. I guess they really fucked up with that one, huh?

No, they did not. The Republicans merely passed the buck for reproductive rights back to states, eliminating it as an election year issue in Presidential elections.

The loss of abortion rights at the federal level is due to Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s refusal to step down from her position at a sensible time when her advanced age made it an enormous risk for her to continue in her position. “Only Biden can save us” people love to overlook this.

by Anonymousreply 111March 25, 2024 9:10 AM

^^Ruth Bader Ginsburg is not running for President this year, as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 112March 25, 2024 11:23 AM

[quote] The Republicans merely passed the buck for reproductive rights back to states, [bold] eliminating it as an election year issue in Presidential elections. [/bold]

😂😂😂 Yeah, that hasn’t worked out so well for them, now has it. 🙄

by Anonymousreply 113March 25, 2024 11:39 AM

R112, She selfishly chose not to relinquish her seat at a time when Obama could have appointed another liberal judge.

by Anonymousreply 114March 25, 2024 11:39 AM

So what, R114? It's not Ginsburg's fault that Americans elected a con man to the presidency who outsourced his Supreme Court picks to the Federalist Society. The loss of abortion rights at the federal level is due to Donald Trump and his supporters.

by Anonymousreply 115March 25, 2024 11:45 AM

Your ignorance is astounding, R115.

by Anonymousreply 116March 25, 2024 11:47 AM

Your anger and resentment of an accomplished woman who did a lot of good is what astounds me, R116.

by Anonymousreply 117March 25, 2024 11:51 AM

It was likely that the next President after Obama would be a Republican because with the exception of Reagan/Bush 1, no party has held onto the Presidency for more than eight years. Ginsburg would have known this. Furthermore, had Republicans chosen a competent nominee in 2016 who won the election, they may have served 8 years. Trump’s Supreme Court pics were not out of alignment with any Republican orthodoxy; Mitt Romney would have chosen the same people. This meant that Ginsburg, when she declined the President’s request to retire (probably because no schvartze was going to tell her what to do), was gambling she could serve until she was 92.

The loss of Roe was her fault. It’s also entirely possible she held onto her seat in order for it to fall, because she herself did not agree with it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118March 25, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote]This meant that Ginsburg, when she declined the President’s request to retire (probably because no schvartze was going to tell her what to do), was gambling she could serve until she was 92.

Thank you for showing your true colors.

by Anonymousreply 119March 25, 2024 12:06 PM

Thank you, R118.

by Anonymousreply 120March 25, 2024 12:12 PM

What true colors r119? Jews of her generation and class employed Blacks as domestics, they didn’t take orders from them. I’ve always felt Ginsburg refused Obama’s request because he was Black.

by Anonymousreply 121March 25, 2024 12:18 PM

Sorry at R118 I meant to say “after WW2” in the first sentence

by Anonymousreply 122March 25, 2024 12:19 PM

R108

That goodness the gop has the abortion issue to weigh them down. Because if they were to announce that they were pro choice or at least would never interfere with a woman’s right to choose the gop would win in a landslide.

Abortion and woman voters are keeping the Dems hopes alive and strong .

by Anonymousreply 123March 25, 2024 12:27 PM

Her hubris made it possible. The olds just love to cling on in DC.

by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2024 1:06 PM

Think of the Democrats as Comcast and abortion rights as a popular channel you could only access with a subscription television package

And the Supreme Court as Netflix

The Supreme Court says, “This issue is not a federal issue anymore.”

That means that you don’t have to subscribe to Comcast anymore because the package is now available a la carte. You can even vote for or against it in places like Ohio where it’s a separate ballot issue, so it can be accessed irrespective of the candidate you vote for in state government.

That is what RBG created. Abortion rights entirely available via state by state referendum and Republicans divorced from the burden of it being an election year wedge.

by Anonymousreply 125March 25, 2024 2:08 PM

[quote]The Republicans merely passed the buck for reproductive rights back to states

Ugh, having the court destroy state decisis and state that the Right to Privacy does not exist, is more than passing the buck back to the states.

by Anonymousreply 126March 25, 2024 3:10 PM

No it’s not. It means states, in order to protect women’s rights, must add it to their constitution. At that point it will be protected, but only in that state.

What WILL become a federal issue now is whether states can restrict interstate travel for women seeking abortIons.

Who just cut an ad for this and aired it in a state where he is not from?

by Anonymousreply 127March 25, 2024 3:20 PM

[quote] She was stymied in her role as Vice President

How can anyone say that?

Aside from refusing to overthrow an election, what do you remember of Mike Pence’s vice presidency?

What do you remember of Joe Biden’s vice presidency?

Cheney was an anomaly,

Vice President is one of the most useless jobs in the world. Nobody shines as VP.

Watch Veep. It’s closer to real life than you think.

by Anonymousreply 128March 25, 2024 10:06 PM

Al Gore and Joe Biden himself had very prominent roles in their Presidents’ administration.

Bidenists like to pretend only one other President has existed, Trump. That’s the only way they can rationalize their support of Biden’s bad decisions.

by Anonymousreply 129March 25, 2024 10:12 PM

I wonder what he and his gremlin wife looked like BEFORE they were fed after midnight

by Anonymousreply 130March 25, 2024 10:15 PM

R128 VP Harris was put in charge of the border in March of 2021, and it's been an unmitigated disaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 25, 2024 11:20 PM

[quote] VP Harris was put in charge of the border in March of 2021, and it's been a̷n̷ ̷u̷n̷m̷i̷t̷i̷g̷a̷t̷e̷d̷ ̷d̷i̷s̷a̷s̷t̷e̷r̷.̷ ̷ one of the happiest eras ever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 25, 2024 11:49 PM

President Biden's worst day can't compare to your orange feces flinging stupidity. Or the orange grift.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 25, 2024 11:52 PM

R118, RBG worked for the ACLU and was the most reliable progressive vote on the court. You're telling me she secretly disliked black people and wanted Roe to be overturned? Get the fuck out of here with your idiotic conspiracy theories.

by Anonymousreply 134March 25, 2024 11:54 PM

R134

Why did Ruth Bader Ginsburg spur Obama’s request for her to retire when he would have been able to appoint a very liberal justice to the court and ensure not only Roe vs. Wade but affirmative action?

by Anonymousreply 135March 25, 2024 11:58 PM

Trump's senior adviser and son-in-law Jared Kushner scolded states for not building up their own stockpiles, saying that the "the notion of the federal stockpile was it’s supposed to be our stockpile, it’s not supposed to be states’ stockpiles that they then use."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136March 26, 2024 12:02 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

One of the most extremely punchable faces.

by Anonymousreply 137March 26, 2024 12:11 AM

Yes r136 we know the Trump administration was terrible.

Which is why you of all people should be most alarmed with Biden’s polling.

by Anonymousreply 138March 26, 2024 12:17 AM

Joe's numbers are coming on up...

by Anonymousreply 139March 26, 2024 12:19 AM

Fucking miserable stinking grift. Scum!

by Anonymousreply 140March 26, 2024 12:19 AM

Phantom of the MAGA

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141March 26, 2024 12:22 AM

No..oranges administration wasn't terrible. It was a grift that ended with this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142March 26, 2024 12:23 AM

R139 if you say so

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143March 26, 2024 12:23 AM

R135, Because she really liked the cafeteria food.

by Anonymousreply 144March 26, 2024 12:25 AM

R139, His blood pressure readings?

by Anonymousreply 145March 26, 2024 12:26 AM

[quote] and wanted Roe to be overturned?

RBG supported the pro-abortion conclusion of Roe but was honest enough to admit it was decided on Constitutionally shaky grounds legitimately leaving it open to reversal, just as occurred.

Calling her anti black is just silly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146March 26, 2024 12:26 AM

The border disaster is an active measure being forced by Putin. Just like Putin coordinated the Syrian deluge into Europe, he is now coordinating the deluge of Venezuelans into the US.

Ask yourself “Were Syrians deluging Europe before Russia got involved in Syria?” No. They weren’t.

Were Venezuelans deluging the US before Russia became its biggest ally and sent military to Venezuela? No. They weren’t.

Ask yourself — what country has engaged in more mass deportations/relocations than any other?

USSR/Russia.

Tatars, Ukrainians, Volga Germans, Poles, Koreans, Ingush, Chechens, Finns, Moldavans, Black Sea Greeks. Russia has a great history of moving large groups of people out of their countries. They know how devastating it is to move mass groups of people around and how much chaos it causes.

Isn’t it a bit of a coincidence that the two largest groups of “refugees” causing chaos in Europe and the US happen to be Russian allies? And literally millions of these people are being transported? And Venezuelans started pouring into the US since Ukraine war started?

by Anonymousreply 147March 26, 2024 12:37 AM

The European refugee deluge is the direct result of Obama and Hillary's "Arab Spring" exacerbated by the idiotic intervention against the Libyan government which had been largely holding west African migration in check.

Add Merkel's open door response and it's a perfect storm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148March 26, 2024 12:49 AM

You trolls condemning RBJ think that if she resigned under Obama Mitch McTurtle would have held a confirmation for a replacement justice?

If you believe that I have some beachfront land to sell you in New Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 149March 26, 2024 12:54 AM

R147

Don’t you get sick of blaming the Russians for everything?

The collapse of Venezuela was created by a phenomenon called Dutch disease (not Russian disease.)

Venezuela was also pushed to collapse by policies of the United States to isolate the government of Hugo Chavez. As with Cuba, the United States is now flooded with refugees while the autocratic government is still in power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 26, 2024 12:55 AM

We are not permitted to discuss orange without being accused of having dump derangement syndrome.

But these bitches, wanna go back to Hilary Clinton's term as Secretary of State.

We are being instructed to"Remember Benghazi" and move on from J6.

Since you want to reach back to Clinton. Reach back to this 👇

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151March 26, 2024 12:55 AM

FUCK YOU R150

STINKING BALKAN MAGAT

FUCK YOU

by Anonymousreply 152March 26, 2024 12:58 AM

R149, If it were more than a year before an election for POTUS, then Mitch would have no choice.

by Anonymousreply 153March 26, 2024 1:04 AM

R149

You are either very young or colossally stupid.

Democrats controlled the Senate during the first six years of Obama’s first Presidency.

Obama personally asked Ginsburg to retire after being reelected, in 2013. The stupid bitch said no.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154March 26, 2024 1:05 AM

R152

Why do you hate Slavic people?

You’re of German or Northern European ancestry, aren’t you?

Sorry your people missed out on all that Lebensraum?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 155March 26, 2024 1:12 AM

FUCK YOU MAGAT WORRY ABOUT YOUR OWN SHITHOLE

by Anonymousreply 156March 26, 2024 1:13 AM

Also, R149, there is no beachfront land in New Mexico, Mr. Smartyman.

by Anonymousreply 157March 26, 2024 1:15 AM

See I love these little outbursts like at r156.

I can’t wait to see what this person does once this happens.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 26, 2024 1:17 AM

When what happens. Finish the sentence, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 159March 26, 2024 1:18 AM

R158 When Joe Biden drops out of the election, and the Democratic establishment coalesces around the nominee chosen by the donors, Gavin Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 160March 26, 2024 1:20 AM

And this concerns you, how?

by Anonymousreply 161March 26, 2024 1:20 AM

"Democratic establishment".

Fuck. You.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 26, 2024 1:22 AM

[quote] there is no beachfront land in New Mexico

I'm too stupid to understand snark!

by Anonymousreply 163March 26, 2024 1:22 AM

R162 those awful people tried to manipulate the democratic process with wanton violence, which is deplorable.

The only acceptable way to manipulate democracy is with enormous sums of money.

by Anonymousreply 164March 26, 2024 1:25 AM

Ego, r135. She thought she was the best person for the job and couldn't imagine anyone replacing her. It's also possible that she was in denial about her health problems. She definitely wasn't a secret racist and she definitely didn't want to erode reproductive freedom.

by Anonymousreply 165March 26, 2024 1:27 AM

You didn't walk right into that one, R163, you ran. Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 166March 26, 2024 1:27 AM

Absolutely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 26, 2024 1:30 AM

R165 and yet she did erode reproductive freedom, Blanche, she did!

So, RBG was either

A) racist

B) secretly desiring the overturn of Roe V Wade

C) a deluded old lady, completely impervious to logic; selfish, narcissistic and unwilling to step down for the common good

by Anonymousreply 168March 26, 2024 1:33 AM

[quote] The refugee crisis was a result of Obama and Hillary’s Arab Spring

lol!

Thousands of Syrian migrants were lured into Belarus with travel visas and the understanding that they would be able to reach the European Union.

[quote] Some of the Syrians in the group described these scenes to NPR earlier this month. "These were our choices," one of the migrants recalls, speaking by phone from Damascus. "If we refused to cooperate they said we'd be arrested and forcibly deported back to Syria anyway."

[quote] After engineering a migrant crisis at the borders of the EU, Belarus is now seeking to send those who failed to cross into Poland or other EU countries back to where they came from — often with little regard for their safety, say migrants and human rights groups.

[quote] It's the latest development in a months-long crisis between the authoritarian regime of Belarus and its EU neighbors. Belarus attracted people from war or poverty-stricken countries with loosened visa restrictions and encouraged them to cross in large numbers through the EU's borders. Migrants say they watched Belarusian soldiers cut wire fences and then organized hundreds of people to storm across a border at the same time.

You think Lukashenko came up with that idea by himself, lol? He’s Putin’s butler. An engineered migrant crisis. No other way to describe it. Same thing that happened all over Europe. Syrians. Exfiltrated into Europe in mass numbers,

Syrians. Not Libyans.

by Anonymousreply 169March 26, 2024 1:33 AM

[quote] The choice in 2021 was between another 2008-style recession or rampant inflation. Biden (correctly) chose inflation, the lesser of two evils.

The greater evil is inflation and the people will hold the administration accountable. You have stated that Biden chose it, so you can’t say that him being the target of the people’s ire is unfair.

by Anonymousreply 170March 26, 2024 1:50 AM

Meet the Billionaire and Rising GOP Mega-Donor Who’s Gaming the Tax System

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 26, 2024 2:38 AM

R131Here's an better deal

City Hall said a family of four with two children under the age of 5 years old will get $350 loaded onto their card weekly. The pilot program is expected to last six weeks — and the plan is to expand the program after working out any issues flagged by data from the pilot.

Since the more than $53 million “emergency purchase” contract with New Jersey-based MoCaFi was announced, conservative commentators and people concerned about the potential for waste and fraud have criticized the plan.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 26, 2024 3:25 AM

What are you talking about, r170? You think 4% inflation is worse than the 2008 recession? Were you born in 2010?

by Anonymousreply 173March 26, 2024 3:32 AM

Gaming the tax system ? Somebody somewhere writing the tax laws should have somehow have done something about that sometime.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174March 26, 2024 3:34 AM

No comparison magat

by Anonymousreply 175March 26, 2024 4:09 AM

He looks like a weasel.

by Anonymousreply 176March 26, 2024 4:24 AM

We are in the fight of our lives — America as we know it is ending. And what is r176 worried about? His fucking looks.

by Anonymousreply 177March 26, 2024 4:38 AM

I’ve just always been skeeved out by that guy, R177.

by Anonymousreply 178March 26, 2024 4:51 AM

R178, but no one is asking you to fuck him. Focus on the message, you’re with the adults now.

by Anonymousreply 179March 26, 2024 4:55 AM

someone seems to have forgotten that this is the DL and someone's appearance whether they are a mass murderer or a hero has always been a talking point

by Anonymousreply 180March 26, 2024 5:03 AM

[quote] someone's appearance whether they are a mass murderer or a hero has always been a talking point

Exactly. Why the fuck do you think we chose him? We run Hollywood, you don’t think we know how to properly cast?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181March 26, 2024 9:32 AM

Why was throw thread grayed-out?

by Anonymousreply 182March 26, 2024 12:02 PM

[quote]dominated by preachy females

God bless this lizardesque old man. Finally somebody saying out loud what we ALL know, both sane women and men.

by Anonymousreply 183March 26, 2024 12:04 PM

LOL “Biden rebounds” headline out this morning but the actual results are still terrible

The polls showed the president with a 1-point lead in Wisconsin and tied with Trump in Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Biden drew closer in Nevada, trailing Trump there 46-44 — well within the poll's margin of error for that state. Despite some Biden gains, Trump's lead remained significant in Arizona (5 points) and North Carolina (6 points).

Trump's lead grew only in Georgia, where Bloomberg/Morning Consult had him ahead by 7 points, up from 6 in February.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184March 26, 2024 12:13 PM

Like preachy men are so much better...

by Anonymousreply 185March 26, 2024 12:32 PM

[quote] “A suspicion of mine is that there are too many preachy females”

Given a choice between the two, I’d take preachy females any day over the women who are completely emotionally obsessed with Trump, Melania, and people like MTG. Their whole reason for living is to talk about those people.

by Anonymousreply 186March 26, 2024 2:52 PM

Here’s the thing. You may loathe Carville’s style, but he is actually helping us. By purposely getting out there and shaking his wanker around on behalf of Democratic males, he is drawing back (some) male voters. It IS true that the average man does not respond well to a woman telling him what to think, what to value, and how to live. And the media of course purposely magnifies this perception, so I’m not even sure if it’s a real problem, but the *perception* is indeed a problem. There are certain social cues that men respond to, and they aren’t seeing it from Dems, that is the problem Carville is addressing.

We cannot afford to lose more men this election, and that transcends class and race and age. Carville understands this. Also, people like Carville who tell voters the fucking truth are making our election process healthier — we need to be able to challenge leaders within our own party. Carville is modeling this for our learning.

Is Carville some saint? Hell no. But he IS a true advocate for regular people of all races and backgrounds, and he is actually completely pro-women too. What he stands for is what I believe in too.

We are a true plutocracy now. That can change and be corrected, but it’s going to take stronger leaders and a loooooong time. We are living through a post-modern robbery barrons/technocrat/plutocracy unlike any other time. They want more more more. Poor people are going to rise up and get their share, as they fucking should!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 187March 26, 2024 3:46 PM

Nothing beats corporate capitalist democrats arguing with corporate capitalist republicans about whose delusion of eternal growth is the correct one.

by Anonymousreply 188March 26, 2024 4:57 PM

Biden knows the numbers only have to be great the last 90 days of the campaign.

All that stands between him and a full-fledged campaign is Ukraine/Israel/Taiwan Funding.

Should be done by the Chicago Convention.

Wonder how long it will take for Nobel to award Biden the Peace Prize...while Trump is in jail...

by Anonymousreply 189March 26, 2024 5:02 PM

This is the only thing that will be done at the Chicago convention

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190March 26, 2024 5:06 PM

We have to be aware that the Republican Fascist Capitalists want to turn the Chicago Convention into another 1968 horror story.

I picture Trump summoning his Oaf Keepers to a public demonstration.

by Anonymousreply 191March 26, 2024 5:15 PM

Is the Gavin Newsom troll the same troll that said Trump was getting paid to drop out so Nikki Haley could swoop in?

It feels like all of these trolls are the same shit stirrers.

by Anonymousreply 192March 26, 2024 5:18 PM

[quote] Here’s the thing. You may loathe Carville’s style, but he is actually helping us. By purposely getting out there and shaking his wanker around on behalf of Democratic males, he is drawing back (some) male voters.

Wouldn’t it be more helpful for the preachy females he spoke of to publicly do a mea culpa and promise to be less preachy?

by Anonymousreply 193March 26, 2024 5:24 PM

Did he divorce that cunty wife, or is she no longer a Trumper?

by Anonymousreply 194March 26, 2024 5:26 PM

[Quote] She was stymied in her role as Vice President

I wish that was true!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195March 26, 2024 5:41 PM

r195, Miss Pence?

by Anonymousreply 196March 26, 2024 6:04 PM

[Quote] We are in the fight of our lives — America as we know it is ending.

and the enormous influx of migrants may be the reason America as we know it is ending. The cultural and socio-economic shifts are potentially enormous.

As of January 2024, more than 7.2 million migrants had a legally crossed into the United States over the Southwest border during US President Joe Biden's administration- a number higher than the individual populations of 36 states.

by Anonymousreply 197March 27, 2024 1:20 AM

7.2 million migrants had a legally crossed into the United States over the Southwest border during US President Joe Biden's administration

An administration refusing to enforce immigration laws and regulations doesn't per se make them legal.

by Anonymousreply 198March 27, 2024 1:24 AM

Hmmmm. Interesting development.

[quote] Marilyn Lands flipped Alabama's State House District 10 on Tuesday after her Republican opponent conceded — a sign of the political staying power of reproductive rights in a rare purple district.

[quote] Why it matters: The special election in the reliably red state gained national attention as a litmus test for voters' responses to a campaign centered on protecting reproductive freedoms and access to IVF. Lands, who ran in 2022 and lost by about seven points, made protecting reproductive rights central to her campaign, including sharing her own experience with abortion in a television ad.

Reproductive rights look like they have a great deal of staying power.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199March 27, 2024 3:15 AM

Because, r199, people now need to vote in state elections in order to secure their rights.

by Anonymousreply 200March 27, 2024 3:45 AM

Trolldar OP

by Anonymousreply 201March 27, 2024 3:51 AM

The bridge is the only thing that has collapsed

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202March 27, 2024 6:59 AM

Fortunately for Biden, when he says things that aren’t true, people just chalk it up to senility and don’t think he’s deliberately lying. That saves him from taking a hit to his integrity.

by Anonymousreply 203March 27, 2024 7:05 AM

R203 and then there are those who refute the idea that he is senile . . .so to them is he deliberately lying?

by Anonymousreply 204March 27, 2024 7:13 AM

R204, take your pick.

by Anonymousreply 205March 27, 2024 7:16 AM

he's running for a second term that will have him in office till 2029. Lying or senile is some choice! R205

by Anonymousreply 206March 27, 2024 7:21 AM

Oh for pete’s sake.

I’ve taken Amtrak from Baltimore to Washington exactly once.

It does not go over any major bridges. Amtrak goes around the Inner Harbor along the red line. The Key Bridge is the blue mark.

Joe Biden took Amtrak from Washington to Wilmington for DECADES.

Even people who are elderly with memory issues tend to remember details like that. My 90 year old father still remembers details of the Manhattan city grid like which cross streets are the widest and he left Manhattan in the fifties.

If Joe Biden legitimately started misremembering going over an enormous truss bridge on a commute he took for decades, then he is so far gone it’s a national security issue.

They are building PLAUSIBLE DENIABILITY. He steps down next week with his failing memory cited as the reason. The Hur Report was BAIT. They chose someone who would write a hatchet job, baited him, he wrote the hatchet job, and Garland released it unredacted which he didn’t have to do, and then Biden gave the angry old man press conference on purpose. This is a PsyOp.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 207March 27, 2024 8:04 AM

Why did they do this?

Because in 2022 they didn’t fear Trump, they feared Ron DeSantis. They feared that a competent young Trumpist like Rhonda would succeed in establishing a far-right cryptofascist government. They also feared that, if Biden stepped down in late 2023 to allow a Democratic Primary, the Democrats might choose Gretchen Whitmer and we would see a repeat of 2016. So it would be necessary to make sure Trump stayed in the running for the Presidency to blunt DeSantis, by not pursuing Justice Department special counsel until it was almost certain a trial would happen after the election (which Trump’s Supreme Court would ensure). This part they were successful in.

They also needed to ensure that the correct candidate was chosen, who would have to be a very combative male around DeSantis’s age to blunt out what was perceived as his strength at the time, his youth and machismo. (They may have not known he was a 🧚.) The only person was Gavin Newsom.

So Biden would stay in the race until March 31 in order to accumulate the majority of primary delegates, who are obligated to vote for him on the first ballot in Chicago. Since Biden will not accept, they will go to the second ballot where Gavin Newsom will be selected. The superdelegates will ensure it will be Newsom.

by Anonymousreply 208March 27, 2024 8:26 AM

Of course they needed to donors onboard to continue raising money for Biden which is why Gavin Newsom was doing all those weird things last autumn. That was an audition for the donors. The donors would naturally gravitate to Newsom, the Getty family protegé.

by Anonymousreply 209March 27, 2024 8:32 AM

a) Yes Joe is untreatably senile

b) No he isn't stepping down. Mama Jill won't permit that.

c) That won't stop the Clintons from maneuvering their stooge into Kamala's office

by Anonymousreply 210March 27, 2024 8:58 AM

Carville is a clownish lizard of a man, but he's right as he has been before. Sadly, I think his is the more accurate assessment of the state of things than the DL preferred mode of thinking that another Trump presidency is so terrible a concept that it simply can't happen.

How many times do you need to be shocked by the outcome of an election (or something that resembles one) before the truth of this fucking grim prospect settles in?

by Anonymousreply 211March 27, 2024 10:03 AM

r210, no beets for YOU!

by Anonymousreply 212March 27, 2024 4:20 PM

We get it, OP, you hate Joe and Kamala...keep trolling.

by Anonymousreply 213March 27, 2024 4:25 PM

lol like r213 wrote the article

by Anonymousreply 214March 27, 2024 5:41 PM

r214/OP - Your trolling is pathetically inept.

by Anonymousreply 215March 27, 2024 6:02 PM

and speaking of pathetically inept R215

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216March 27, 2024 7:03 PM

Keep trolling, r216.

by Anonymousreply 217March 27, 2024 7:22 PM

Bless your heart R217 and you do likewise and hopefully unlike Kamala you'll find something of significance to say

by Anonymousreply 218March 27, 2024 8:36 PM

Galluping forward

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219March 27, 2024 8:38 PM

Don't forget the black bullies demanding reparations, paid for with tax dollars from people who never owned slaves, with 98 percent of black folks NOT the descendants of slaves.

by Anonymousreply 220March 27, 2024 8:43 PM

The troll @ R217 must have worn out the letters T-R-O-L-L on her keyboard

[Quote] Such a troll, r101.

[Quote]We get it, OP, you hate Joe and Kamala...keep trolling.

[Quote]OP - Your trolling is pathetically inept.

[Quote] Keep trolling, r216.

[Quote] r193 Your posting history makes that very apparent, troll.

by Anonymousreply 221March 27, 2024 8:52 PM

The troll @ R217 must have worn out the letters T-R-O-L-L on her keyboard.

[Quote] Such a troll, r101.

[Quote]Trolldar OP

[Quote] We get it, OP, you hate Joe and Kamala...keep trolling.

[Quote] r214/OP - Your trolling is pathetically inept.

[Quote]Keep trolling, r216.

[Quote]You definitely have a reason, r193 Your posting history makes that very apparent, troll.

by Anonymousreply 222March 27, 2024 8:57 PM

NY POST???????? Is a MURDOCH RAG!!!!!!!! Try harder Putinski TROLL!!!!

But these social media posts did not present Biden’s full statement that allowed for some ambiguity; he mentioned commuting by car.

Here’s what he said March 26 at the White House: "At about 1:30, a container ship struck the Francis Scott Key Bridge, which I’ve been over many, many times commuting from the state of Delaware either on a train or by car."

The White House clarified Biden’s comments to the New York Post, which ran a story headlined: "Biden claims he commuted over collapsed Baltimore Key Bridge by train’ many times’ — but it doesn’t have any rail lines."

"The President is clearly describing driving over the bridge while commuting between Delaware and (Washington) D.C. during his 36-year Senate career," the New York Post quoted White House spokesperson Robyn Patterson saying in a statement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223March 27, 2024 9:19 PM

Try harder trollina. Bide said by train or car Odd you didn't post the clip. Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224March 27, 2024 9:38 PM

Is that the train that Joe took the train when he traveled to DC to take part in the civil rights marches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225March 27, 2024 9:42 PM

We know R223 we can read. It's stated in the very first sentence in the article from the NY Post

"President Biden on Tuesday was fact-checked by social media users after claiming that he’s commuted over Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge “many, many times … either on a train or by car.”

by Anonymousreply 226March 28, 2024 2:10 AM

[quote] "President Biden on Tuesday was fact-checked by social media users after claiming that he’s commuted over Baltimore’s Francis Scott Key Bridge “

And he was car pooling with Nelson Mandela

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 227March 28, 2024 2:15 AM

Was Beau with them R227?

by Anonymousreply 228March 28, 2024 5:53 AM

And r220, none of them has felt the racist wrath of the descendants of Plantation Owners?

by Anonymousreply 229March 28, 2024 10:00 AM

R208 God Forbid!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230April 4, 2024 9:11 AM

Amateurs, this is how you open a bottle of Champagne.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231April 4, 2024 9:21 AM

R231 accomplishments do not matter. This is obviously attributable to Trump but could even stretch back to Obama. All that one needs to get elected in the age of social media is the ability to be energetic, charismatic and wanting to constantly bring attention to oneself. None of Hillary’s whitepapers mattered in the end. It is show business.

by Anonymousreply 232April 4, 2024 9:29 AM

BS r232, you cant compare a carnival barker, former reality star like Trump to Obama. That both sides thing does not work here.

If anything, it show how someone who is qualified like Obama or Hillary have to compete with attenuating seeking showman with no accomplishments to his name like Trump.

by Anonymousreply 233April 4, 2024 10:42 AM

r233, it is turning out to be the war of the Democratic Lawyers against the Business Owner Sons of the Plantations.

by Anonymousreply 234April 4, 2024 11:02 AM

Only in your twisted world R234. Reality begs to differ.

by Anonymousreply 235April 4, 2024 11:12 AM

'Had Enough?': Joe Biden Spikes Immigrant Population to 51.4 Million Story by Daniel Walker • 1d

Many migrants arrive legally via various government programs, but illegal immigration has risen an estimated 4 million under Biden's leadership.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236April 4, 2024 8:14 PM

All that one needs to get elected in the age of social media is the ability to be energetic, charismatic and wanting to constantly bring attention to oneself.

R 232 Biden energetic; he campaigned in 2020 from his basement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 237April 4, 2024 8:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!