Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ozempic?

Does anyone want to share their experiences with this drug? I am 50 pounds overweight and my insurance covers it.

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2024 7:50 PM

I take it for diabetes( I have the sugahs)... it can be brutal if you overeat or eat the wrong things. The nausea went away for me after a few months but still pops up from time to time. 95% of the times that I have thrown up from it, it was my fault... I should have stopped eating way earlier but the ozempic interferes with your stomach sending signals to your brain. If you eat healthy and don't over eat, you should be good

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2024 10:01 PM

I watched Oprah's spechial. She said obesity is a diseahe.

by Anonymousreply 2March 24, 2024 3:06 AM

I’ve taken it for a year. I lost about 15 lbs initially and have maintained that. I mostly stopped obsessing about food.

by Anonymousreply 3March 24, 2024 3:12 AM

"If you eat healthy and don't over eat, you should be good"

Funny that this part also works for weight loss sans Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 4March 24, 2024 4:04 AM

r4 - do you also say "calories in/calories out" on other threads or "just stop eating so much and move more?"

by Anonymousreply 5March 24, 2024 4:14 AM

More than 100 US deaths linked to Ozempic and similar weight loss drugs - including 28-year-old who died from 'intestinal mass' and a pregnant woman, our analysis shows

by Anonymousreply 6April 9, 2024 11:07 PM

Link? R6

by Anonymousreply 7April 9, 2024 11:09 PM

I’m tempted to try it to lose 15-20 pounds, if for nothing else than to make my doctor come up with something else to blame for my any ache, pain, or bloodwork outlier. I’ll probably continue to resist temptation because I’m sure I’d gain the weight back and then some as soon as I stop taking it.

by Anonymousreply 8April 9, 2024 11:37 PM

I have an appointment with my doctor next week for a yearly check-in, and I'm going to ask him about it. I'll report back if I start on it.

by Anonymousreply 9April 9, 2024 11:44 PM

I've been on it for almost a year and lost 80lbs. It's pretty fucking miraculous

by Anonymousreply 10April 9, 2024 11:46 PM

I was on 1.5 Trulicity for years and it didn’t really curb my appetite (I’ve been diabetic for 35 years and had bariatric surgery fifteen years. I lost about 90 lbs, but my A1C was still over 7. My diabetes NP raised the dosage to 3.0 and it really lessened my appetite—down 5-10 lbs from where I was. No nausea or intestinal issues (I have some from Metformin or if I true to overeat).

by Anonymousreply 11April 10, 2024 12:04 AM

I haven't been on it for over a year and have lost 86 lbs!

by Anonymousreply 12April 10, 2024 12:07 AM

R6 What is intestinal mass? It sounds gross.

by Anonymousreply 13April 10, 2024 12:12 AM

R8 exactly my fear. I just needs to lose 10 but it’s the hardest 10 ever… I know me. I’ll be on it forever or just gain it back

by Anonymousreply 14April 10, 2024 1:44 AM

The first time I took Topamax I couldn’t force myself to eat. After stopping it then restarting a few yrs later, it didn’t have any affect at all… I heard these new drugs act the same way.

Has anyone stopped taking it then restarted it again? If so, how’s it working the second time around

by Anonymousreply 15April 10, 2024 1:47 AM

My friend gets so sick from it. She can't drink or eat much. She pukes all the time

by Anonymousreply 16April 10, 2024 2:22 AM

It really works at making you feel full. The problem I have is that I feel I can eat carbs again, which sort of defeats the purpose.

by Anonymousreply 17April 10, 2024 6:02 AM

[quote]More than 100 US deaths linked to Ozempic and similar weight loss drugs - including 28-year-old who died from 'intestinal mass' and a pregnant woman, our analysis shows

R6 now do deaths linked to diabetes and other complications of obesity over that same period.

by Anonymousreply 18April 10, 2024 6:15 AM

I took it for diabetes. Severe constipation at the end. I didn’t realize how bad it made me feel until I stopped it.

by Anonymousreply 19April 10, 2024 6:17 AM

Six months on it. Down 110 lbs. with no ill effects. I inject Sunday night before bed. My A1c is down from 7.2 to 5.8.

As others have said, do not overeat. Since you will be eating less, eat healthy food instead of junk. My cravings have disappeared and like Emily Charlton, when I feel like I have to eat something, I eat a cube of cheese.

Food take longer to move through the digestive system now, so, at least for me, more regular and complete bowel movements.

by Anonymousreply 20April 10, 2024 6:23 AM

Frankly if insurance covers it it can’t kill you yet.

by Anonymousreply 21April 10, 2024 6:28 AM

Amphetamines work. You’ll go crazy, but you’ll also drop the weight.

by Anonymousreply 22April 10, 2024 9:43 AM

Like R20, I have been on it for five months, albeit with six weeks in the middle where I couldn't access the stuff. No side effects. It just fixes the missing hormone that makes you never feel full, so you want to eat less. I'm only on quite a low dose, as I'm happy to lose half a kilo (about a pound) a week, and I'm doing that with no effort on my part.

Far from finding out it might kill you, every time there's a peep out of medical researchers it's to say they've found some new thing it's good for. Kidneys and heart, so far--and no, they think it's more than just the weight loss that's helping. And a lung doctor I know says a short course of one of the other diabetes drugs seems to be effective in preventing Long Covid!

R15, I did stop and re-start because, as I said, I couldn't get it for weeks. I was on the lowest dose before and it didn't seem to be quite as effective after the delay, so I've gone up to the second lowest, and it's working fine. No side effects from starting again, but you need your doctor to tell you what dose to re-start at if the break has been more than a couple of weeks.

[quote]I’m sure I’d gain the weight back and then some as soon as I stop taking it.

That depends. If you've been on it for long enough you may have established a better pattern of eating, which you may be able to keep. More likely you WILL start re-gaining, like most people who've ever been on a long diet, but there is nothing to stop you going back on it as soon as you notice the weight is getting out of control, so there is no reason to "regain the weight and then some". Unlike a diet it's not difficult or unpleasant, so you are far more likely to step in early to stop the cycle.

by Anonymousreply 23April 10, 2024 1:43 PM

Just eat less, you fat whore!

by Anonymousreply 24April 10, 2024 1:45 PM

That's rather the point, R24.

by Anonymousreply 25April 10, 2024 1:55 PM

I’m taking the off-label copycat called Bulimiax

by Anonymousreply 26April 10, 2024 2:08 PM

You could stand to lose a few, OP.

by Anonymousreply 27April 10, 2024 2:10 PM

It’s constipating but it works. However, I still have cravings - it doesn’t make me not think about food but it definitely helps portion control.

I had two concerning instances after morning coffee where I almost pooped my pants and barely made it to the bathroom on time (!) It’s best just to eat plain foods at home while on this medication.

by Anonymousreply 28April 10, 2024 2:19 PM

But why does everyone keep mentioning feeling full and that that's the missing link? I never feel full but I know I eat enough so I stop. Just eat a reasonable amount and stop. Why would you even want to feel full? That's a gross and logy feeling. Take that out of the equation entirely. Remember you're eating for fuel, not full.

by Anonymousreply 29April 10, 2024 3:46 PM

R29, AMAZING! I wish I'd thought of that!!!

by Anonymousreply 30April 10, 2024 4:41 PM

I was taking it for type II diabetes and it seemed to be going well until I had to go to the eye doctor for a checkup and he discovered bleeding behind my eyeballs. Traced it back to the big O and I was immediately taken off of the medication. I realized that after being off of it for a while that I had also had some gastro problems that I had been coping with from the time I started injecting O into my system. Eyes are getting better and the gastro situation is now resolved. No more O for me.

by Anonymousreply 31April 11, 2024 3:27 AM

R31, how much were you puking? the bleeding behind your eyeballs is from that

by Anonymousreply 32April 11, 2024 1:24 PM

You don't just not feel full, R29, you feel hungry all the time and crave sugar or starch because you crave calories and, as athletes will tell you, those are the most efficient delivery services for a lot of calories at once. The drugs remind you what it feels like to feel full, so once you re-learn that, you automatically stop eating before it gets to that point because it DOES feel gross.

R24, your attitude and that of a lot of other people on the DL to this issue reminds me inexorably of the old "those gays brought this on themselves with their promiscuity" in the 1980s. Also an ignorant claim by people determined to make a moral issue out of a medical one.

by Anonymousreply 33April 11, 2024 1:47 PM

Does it help cut down on the booze? I'm far from that and desperate.

by Anonymousreply 34April 11, 2024 2:31 PM

^fat not far

by Anonymousreply 35April 11, 2024 2:33 PM

I'm not sure about booze, but there's some early indication that the GLP-1 agonists can affect other compulsive behaviors.

[quote]Studies have found that GLP-1R is widely distributed on pancreatic and other tissues and has multiple biological effects, such as reducing neuroinflammation, promoting nerve growth, improving heart function, suppressing appetite, delaying gastric emptying, regulating blood lipid metabolism and reducing fat deposition. Moreover, GLP-1RAs have neuroprotective, anti-infectious, cardiovascular protective, and metabolic regulatory effects, exhibiting good application prospects. Growing attention has been paid to the relationship between GLP-1RAs and tumorigenesis, development and prognosis in patient with T2DM. Here, we reviewed the therapeutic effects and possible mechanisms of action of GLP-1RAs in the nervous, cardiovascular, and endocrine systems and their correlation with metabolism, tumours and other diseases.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 11, 2024 2:53 PM

It absolutely cures alcoholism.

by Anonymousreply 37April 11, 2024 3:46 PM

Where can I get my hands on this stuff? My doctor won't give it to me, she's being a bitch.

by Anonymousreply 38April 15, 2024 5:06 PM

R10, blunt but honest question: do you have sagging skin given the rapidity of the weightloss? That is my one reluctance about it. When you have enough to lose Ozempic seems plausible, there are a lot of things to think about.

by Anonymousreply 39April 15, 2024 5:11 PM

My R39 also pitched at R23. Thx.

by Anonymousreply 40April 15, 2024 5:13 PM

LOL r37. Will it also fix my male pattern baldness? 😂

by Anonymousreply 41April 15, 2024 5:25 PM

I just took off 7 pounds from watching my diet and doing some extra exercise. All this nausea and puking sounds lovely.

by Anonymousreply 42April 15, 2024 5:34 PM

OP If it gives you a personality go for it.

by Anonymousreply 43April 15, 2024 5:36 PM

If there’s a cure for this I don’t want it

If there’s a remedy , I’ll run from it 🏃🏻‍♂️

by Anonymousreply 44April 15, 2024 5:38 PM

R42. Thanks for the novel input. Get back to us when you lose 70 pounds and keep it off for 10 years.

by Anonymousreply 45April 15, 2024 5:47 PM

R41 is an idiot. There is a link between this drug and help with curing other compulsive behaviors. How much of one is yet to be studied.

by Anonymousreply 46April 15, 2024 5:57 PM

My mother started taking it a year or so ago. She's a diabetic, but certainly not a large person.

After a few months , she looked gaunt because she pretty much stopped eating. Turns out, the Ozempic slowed her digestion to the point food was just building up in her system and not going anywhere. Her doctor figured it all out, and now she has to have her last food around 4pm and stay upright until 7:00pm. All she really wants to eat any more is cottage cheese with some jam mixed in it for flavor. And that's it. That's all she eats.

She's also grumpy as all fuck all the time. (as I would be, too.) I also think she just seems haggard and tired all the time. She has none of the fun-old-lady pep she had before she started taking it.

It's just sort of depressing. She wanted to get her A1C low enough so she could go have some soft serve ice cream with her friends on Friday nights. It is now, but she has no desire to go anymore.

I think it will be the end of her.

by Anonymousreply 47April 15, 2024 6:09 PM

yes, my friend has decided to give it a break. she was puking up and feeling sick all the time and she was so constipated...

by Anonymousreply 48April 15, 2024 7:47 PM

Not R10, but I’ve lost >100 lbs in seven months. Yes, I have some saggy skin on my belly. It’s not noticeable when I’m clothed of course, and the hair masks a lot of it, but I sure notice it. I’ve gone from a 48” waist to 40” and had to buy new pants, jeans, shorts, and belts. The saggy skin that bothers me most is under my jaw. Where my chins were now hangs a wattle. I’m doing contortions to tighten it up, but may need a nip and/or tuck.

by Anonymousreply 49April 16, 2024 2:06 AM

😮‍💨 🥴

by Anonymousreply 50April 16, 2024 6:38 PM

R37, you can get semaglutide, which is basically the same thing as Ozempic, on Groupon. There are lots places listed there that will give you 4 to 6 weeks' worth of the stuff at a steep discount, sometimes for 100 bucks or less. All you have to do is fill out an online form; no in person doctor visit required.

After the first order they will jack up the price but the way to get around that is to find another Groupon offer with a different provider. I've been doing this for over 6 months now, though admittedly at this point I've tried most of the Groupon offers and may have to start paying full price soon.

But I've had no major issues with it and have effortlessly lost 25 pounds. I have about 10 more pounds to go to get down to goal weight.

by Anonymousreply 51April 17, 2024 7:00 PM

R51, LOL, that's what my friend did. She had to send them a picture of herself to prove that she is fat and copy of her ID.

by Anonymousreply 52April 17, 2024 8:21 PM

Experts reveal fascinating theory about Ozempic and why it appears to change people's entire personalities: 'It may warp the brain'

by Anonymousreply 53April 17, 2024 8:23 PM

Some patients have reported a dulling of emotion and even suicidal thoughts, while others have reported plummeting libido and diminished sensation during sex.

Some have seen it cure addictions, too. People who consistently had a couple of drinks every evening found that they had zero desire to drink alcohol on the medication. Others found their desire to splurge on random items in the shops had also decreased.

Now, experts speaking to DailyMail.com have revealed a fascinating new explanation for these wide-ranging, curious symptoms. They say it's all to do with the drug's impact on a masterful brain chemical that determines pretty much every human behavior.

This means it is entirely feasible that injecting Ozempic could alter your entire personality.

by Anonymousreply 54April 17, 2024 8:23 PM

Some patients have reported a dulling of emotion and even suicidal thoughts, while others have reported plummeting libido and diminished sensation during sex.

Some have seen it cure addictions, too. People who consistently had a couple of drinks every evening found that they had zero desire to drink alcohol on the medication. Others found their desire to splurge on random items in the shops had also decreased.

Now, experts speaking to DailyMail.com have revealed a fascinating new explanation for these wide-ranging, curious symptoms. They say it's all to do with the drug's impact on a masterful brain chemical that determines pretty much every human behavior.

This means it is entirely feasible that injecting Ozempic could alter your entire personality.

by Anonymousreply 55April 17, 2024 8:24 PM

'Cravings for addictive drugs are also amplified by hunger,' Dr Berridge told DailyMail.com.

'When researchers are trying to get animals to learn to self-administer cocaine, they often will keep them hungry for a little while, as this helps them learn.

'Hunger is specifically for food but it's more general than that, it activates craving for a lot of things.

'If you're hungry, the motivational value of things, even that are not food, seems to increase,' he added.

Ozempic - which works by mimicking GLP-1, a naturally occurring hormone which tells the brain it is full - may dampen this effect because it makes a person feel satisfied for longer.

by Anonymousreply 56April 17, 2024 8:24 PM

By suppressing dopamine activation, the drugs suppress food cravings and potentially also drug and alcohol cravings.

'Satiety may be not only reducing the craving for food, but potentially for other things,' Dr Berridge said.

GLP-1 drugs also make you feel less hungry overall by making you feel full quicker due to delayed emptying of the stomach, Dr Sue Decotiis, a New York City weight-loss doctor, told DailyMail.com.

But GLP-1 drugs appear to modulate the motivational dopamine systems in a way that doesn't dampen the desires completely. Patients still want to eat, but end up not eating as much as they did previously.

One possibility is that cravings are still there, but just made less intense by the medication, said Dr Berridge.

'That would be a possibility - taking the [edge off certain cravings], and those are the ones that are problematic if you're trying to lose weight or if a person is trying to stop taking drugs,' he said.

Some patients on GLP-1 drugs have also found their desires to do things such as masturbate and have sex with their partner significantly diminished.

by Anonymousreply 57April 17, 2024 8:25 PM

You might get pregnant.

by Anonymousreply 58April 17, 2024 10:28 PM

To the poster upthread worried about his constipated mother: Eating only only dairy and a little sugar will not help her go to the toilet and will only bind her up more. If she's so gaunt, she can reduce her dose of Ozempic, and also eat healthy foods like vegetables.

Nobody will last long on a diet of just cottage cheese and a little jam.

by Anonymousreply 59April 18, 2024 11:14 AM

I knew someone who used ozempic once. She’s dead now.

by Anonymousreply 60April 18, 2024 11:17 AM

R60 Can I have her stuff?

by Anonymousreply 61April 18, 2024 7:38 PM

Cottage Cheese is very high in sodium.

by Anonymousreply 62April 18, 2024 9:24 PM

R51, looked that up and so many complaints about non-delivery, being over charged, not getting the full amount, not working, etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 63April 18, 2024 9:52 PM

R51 there are many different providers on the site. I've ordered from providers that are well-reviewed and I've experienced none of those issues.

by Anonymousreply 64April 19, 2024 2:43 AM

Kelly Osbourne DENIES Ozempic use after defending weight loss drugs... and reveals how she really dropped 85 POUNDS after baby

by Anonymousreply 65April 22, 2024 4:01 PM

Wait, isn't Kelly the cunt who said Ozempic rocks and anyone who doesn't agree is just jealous they can't afford it? And now she's saying she doesn't use it. Okay, then she's doing blow.

by Anonymousreply 66April 22, 2024 4:04 PM

I think that was Sharon, R66.

by Anonymousreply 67April 22, 2024 5:06 PM

I think it was Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 68April 22, 2024 5:24 PM

i'd love to lose fifty pounds

by Anonymousreply 69April 22, 2024 5:29 PM

I’ve been on it for 11 months for diabetes. My last A1C was 4.5. Prior to Ozempic they were high 6’s and 7’s. I’ve lost about 5-6 pounds but ramped up my physical activity so I’m working at losing inches rather than pounds.

Its effects are random. Sometimes I don’t want to eat at all and some days it’s as if I wasn’t taking anything. The rabbit pellet stools and very occasional puking (twice since last May which is OK) are annoying but not deal-breakers. I’ll likely drop the dose when the 12 months are up to see if it works.

One painless shot is a helluva lot better than taking insulin for diabetes multiple times a day. Plus, because it costs so much, I passed the Rx copay cost in March so the Oz and everything else I take is free (to me) for the rest of 2024. That’s painless, too.

by Anonymousreply 70April 22, 2024 5:56 PM

I am on my second week of Wegovy. Luckily, I have had no adverse side effects, yet. I really haven't been hungry at all and when I do eat it's rarely more than a serving size.

The biggest problem I had was actually getting the stuff. It took forever.

by Anonymousreply 71April 22, 2024 6:07 PM

It was Kelly, why is she now acting like she's not on it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 22, 2024 6:47 PM

R31. I’m sorry you had that reaction. I got that from cataract removal. I was going to give O a try but now I wont...my vision is more important than 10 lbs

by Anonymousreply 73April 22, 2024 7:50 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!