Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Blanket Jackson asks LA judge to stop grandmother from using estate funds for her legal battles

Michael Jackson’s son Blanket is asking a Los Angeles judge to stop his grandmother from using money from the iconic singer’s estate to fund her ongoing legal battles against the estate’s executors over their recent $600 million deal with Sony.

In court filings obtained by Billboard, Blanket argued Monday that the estate shouldn’t foot the bill for Katherine Jackson’s pending appeal, in which she’s challenging a ruling last year that gave co-executors John Branca and John McClain approval to proceed with an unnamed transaction.

While the disputed deal itself is not explicitly named in legal documents, it appears to be the Jackson estate’s estimated $600 million deal to sell part of the singer’s catalog to Sony, the terms of which were first reported by Billboard last month.

Monday’s objections highlight a recent rift between Katherine and Blanket. Both of them initially opposed the estate’s proposed transaction, but after the judge ruled last year that the deal could move forward, Blanket and Jackson’s other children accepted the decision. Katherine opted instead to keep fighting, filing an appeal that remains pending.

In December, Katherine filed motions asking that the estate pay for her legal bills stemming from her objections, including the ongoing appellate case. But in his filing on Monday, Blanket said it would be “unfair” to force him and his siblings to pay for that case, since his grandmother’s efforts face “long odds.”

“It is readily apparent that a reversal on appeal would be an extreme longshot,” wrote lawyers for Blanket, who now uses the name Bigi. “Given those odds, Bigi decided not to waste his resources to participate in an appeal. Nonetheless, Katherine has decided to appeal this court’s ruling. That decision is not for the benefit of the heirs.”

It’s unclear exactly how much Katherine is seeking. In a court filing earlier this month, Branca and McClain said she had asked for more than $561,548 to cover her legal fees for both her initial objections and the current appeal. In that filing, the executors said they strongly opposed any estate payments for her “failed objection” and “meritless appeal.”

In his filing Monday, Blanket didn’t entirely oppose his grandmother’s request. He argued that the estate should, in fact, pay her legal bills for her initial opposition to the deal — arguing that she had presented “essential evidence” about the proposed transaction and that “all heirs and beneficiaries benefited from this court’s scrutiny.”

But he also argued the actual dollar total she had requested “might be high,” and questioned whether she had really needed to hire “four lawyers charging fees of $840 to $1,400 per hour.” And he argued any legal fees for the ongoing appeal should be entirely denied, since the ruling allowing the deal to proceed had been “reasoned and detailed.”

“Katherine’s petition has the practical effect of requiring Bigi and his siblings pay for her appeal,” Blanket wrote. “It would be unfair to make those beneficiaries shoulder this burden when they expressly decided an appeal would not be in their best interests.”

An attorney for Katherine Jackson did not immediately respond to requests for comment on Thursday. Reps for the Jackson estate declined to comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83March 29, 2024 7:01 AM

Bigi?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2024 4:39 PM

That’s good their “father” was a freak they have enough problems without his freeloading messy family

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2024 4:43 PM

I didn't think one could come up with a dumber name than Blanket.

I was wrong.

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2024 4:44 PM

I thought Blanket was a fan and media creation as he was the child Michael dangled over the balcony with a blanket over his head; but I have heard his sister even refer to him as blanket. His name is actually Prince Michael Jackson II and his brother is Prince Michael I.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote] Michael Jackson Estate Claims His Mother Has Received $55M Since His Death

Michael Jackson’s estate claimed in legal filings Thursday (Mar. 21) that his mother, Katherine Jackson, has received more than $55 million since the singer’s death — a revelation that came during an acrimonious dispute between the estate’s executors and the elder Jackson.

The new filings, obtained by Billboard, were aimed at proving that the estate itself shouldn’t have to pay for Katherine’s recent legal bills, which stem from her efforts to block an unspecified business transaction — believed to be the estate’s recent estimated $600 million catalog deal with Sony.

In making that argument, estate executors John Branca and John McClain argued Thursday that “virtually no request of Mrs. Jackson for her care or maintenance has been declined” in the years since Michael’s 2009 death.

“Contrary to claims made by Mrs. Jackson’s counsel, the executors have in fact provided liberally for Mrs. Jackson’s maintenance, care and well being,” attorneys for Branca and McClain wrote. “Since Michael’s death, the executors have expended for Mrs. Jackson’s benefit more than $55 million.”

The elder Jackson allegedly received more than $33 million in cash, including an ongoing allowance of $160,0000 per month, plus a $15 million luxury home, the estate claimed. Branca and McClain also claimed that they provided Katherine with an emergency $3.7 million payment in December to satisfy delinquent income tax liabilities.

“It is difficult to imagine that the trustees could provide any more liberally for Mrs. Jackson,” attorneys for the executors wrote.

Thursday’s filing is the latest development in an ongoing feud between Katherine and the executors over her opposition to the unspecified business transaction. While the disputed deal has not been named in court documents, the Jackson estate recently struck an estimated $600 million deal to sell part of the singer’s catalog to Sony, the terms of which were first reported by Billboard last month.

After the Jackson estate sought court approval for the unnamed deal in 2022, Katherine filed objections with the court. But in April 2023, the judge overseeing the estate rejected those objections and ruled that the deal could move forward. Katherine then filed an appeal, which is still pending.

In December, Katherine filed motions asking that the estate pay for the legal bills she had incurred in making her objections, including the ongoing appeal. In an initial response earlier this month, Branca and McClain strongly opposed the request to pay for what they called her “failed objection” and “meritless appeal.”

Earlier this week, Michael’s son Blanket echoed those objections, arguing that his grandmother’s appeal was an “extreme longshot” and that it would be “unfair” to force him and his siblings to pay for that case.

In their new filing on Thursday, Branca and McClain went even further — claiming that the estate should not have to pay Katherine’s lawyers for filing objections that had caused “substantial damage.”

“Importantly, this petition is not about Mrs. Jackson’s maintenance, care, comfort and support,” the executors’ attorneys wrote. “This petition is about payment of attorneys’ fees for an objection filed on Mrs. Jackson’s behalf, which the court overruled, and the subsequent, frivolous and still pending appeal.”

An attorney for Katherine Jackson did not immediately return a request for comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2024 4:47 PM

He sounds like a smart young man. And Katherine needs to be in a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2024 4:54 PM

What does that old lady need with so much money?

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2024 4:58 PM

Katherine is probably bankrolling her other has-been weirdo kids and her never-was grandkids.

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2024 4:59 PM

R7 lawzy, relaxers and bonnets is expensive, baby!

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2024 4:59 PM

Trash with money. This family is a great example for the argument for 90% estate taxes for the wealthy.

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2024 5:00 PM

The old cunt is 93-years-old and doesn't want to touch her own estimated $100M net worth. Fuck her.

Blanket (about whom I know nothing aside from this article) is absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2024 5:01 PM

Blanket! Blanket! My precious, Blanket!

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2024 5:02 PM

Paging Ryan Murphy! Let's do a Blanket vs Grandma season of Feud

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2024 5:05 PM

What R8 said. I think most of that family has always lived off Michael.

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2024 5:05 PM

Do Prince, Paris and Blanket have access to money from the estate?

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2024 5:07 PM

That family has no doubt milked that estate nearly dry. But how can Katherine do anything with the estate now that at least one of the kids is of age? They would be his legal next of kin. Wouldn't everything pass to them and the Jackson family not have anymore involvement?

Plus, Katherine Jackson likely doesn't know what planet she's on, she's so old. So somebody else is manipulating mama.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2024 5:07 PM

I haven't really thought about Katherine, in terms of Michael's estate, but you're right R16.

At 93 years old, someone else is definitely pulling her strings.

I'm looking at this photo of all the people hanging on to her (literally), and it makes me sick.

So many grifters trying to get their hands on Michael's money - through Katherine.

No doubt, Michael's three (legal) kids see this, and are rightfully pissed about it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2024 5:14 PM

R16 MJ left the estate to his mother and his kids. Katherine wasn’t going to lose out on the family cash grab to some test tube babies.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2024 5:16 PM

I didn’t know Mama Jackson was still alive.

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2024 5:16 PM

All those white grandkids and great grandkids must be milking Katherine DRY.

It’s bad enough that MJs fortune is in the hands of his own white kids. But Katherine wants it in the hands of his siblings white kids and his siblings white grandkids.

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2024 5:20 PM

Another question to ask is, "Who's pulling Blanket's strings?"

Probably the Estate Lawyers, who also have an interest in keeping the money intact.

Because that is THEIR source of income.

The Estate Attorneys can live off of the Michael Jackson Estate for the rest of their lives. They get paid millions each year, as well.

And we all know that Blanket probably isn't smart enough to know or care about this sort of business.

It's weird how the bloodsuckers are all still drinking milk from Michael's teat, even all these years after his death.

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2024 5:22 PM

Once the first generation of Jackson’s die out the next generation will be white. What a harrowing thought.

by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2024 5:25 PM

R20 / R21 = Same shit stirring anti white piece of shit always trolling the DL for race flame wars.

by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2024 5:28 PM

Good for him...the Jackson parents, grandparents, any Jackson not Michael, his kids or Janet are nothing but leeches.

by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2024 5:38 PM

Michael left most of his estate to his children, but a percentage of its income is paid to his mother. During his life he gave money to his mother with the understanding that she would give it to the family he couldn’t stand and didn’t want to deal with. His will maintains that set-up, but only as long as she lives. When Katherine dies, her share of the estate’s income will go Michael’s children. So the other Jacksons have to keep Katherine alive for as long as possible.

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2024 5:39 PM

Blanket seems less insane than the rest of the family. Let’s hope he grows up and moves far far away from them so he has a shot at survival.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2024 5:45 PM

She must have almost 50 grandchildren and great-grand children by now.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2024 5:48 PM

[quote] During his life he gave money to his mother with the understanding that she would give it to the family he couldn’t stand and didn’t want to deal with. His will maintains that set-up, but only as long as she lives.

That was very generous of Michael.

Most celebrities would never do that for their own family members.

Especially family members who are so horrible.

[quote] Blanket seems less insane than the rest of the family. Let’s hope he grows up and moves far far away from them so he has a shot at survival.

Like most matriarchs, Katherine is probably the glue that holds that family together.

Once she dies, I think they will all just go their own separate ways.

I don't think that Prince, Paris, or Blanket really have any solid connection with the rest of the Jacksons.

by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2024 5:48 PM

[quote]I don't think that Prince, Paris, or Blanket really have any solid connection with the rest of the Jacksons.

Prince has posted pictures hanging out with his cousins; and his grandmother came to his college graduation. But I don't think they rock with the uncles or aunts.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2024 5:58 PM

His nickname is “Binky”.

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2024 6:03 PM

It's a good thing that Michael's kids are all adults now.

I forgot what kind of craziness they had to endure as young children (and pawns in the battle for Michael's money). From 2012:

[quote] Michael Jackson's mother Katherine loses custody of his children

The 82-year-old had legal custody of her dead son Michael Jackson's three children, Prince Michael, Paris and Blanket but on July 25 her grandson TJ - son of Tito - requested and was granted temporary guardianship of the children.

In California, Judge Beckloff said he wasn't suspending Katherine because of anything she did but because he is worried "intentional act from third parties" are stopping her from carrying out her duty of care to the children. (Read: MJ's children placed under extra security)

According to gossip website TMZ, TJ revealed in court that he had a strange phone call with his grandmother on July 24, 2012 and said "I've never heard my grandmother talk like that. She wasn't sharp. The pauses, choice of vocabulary ... she has not used certain phrases like that before." (Read: No arrests after fight at Katherine Jackson's home)

The judge also ruled that Diana Ross - who Michael named as a back-up guardian to his children in his will - must be informed of the situation as should Michael and Paris' biological mother Debbie Rowe.

He also stated the children must not be allowed to leave the state of California without court's permission and advised TJ to see permanent custody.

Katherine is currently in Arizona with her daughter Rebbie but it has been speculated that she could be being held against her will.

Additionally police were called to Katherine's home in California this week after her children Janet, Randy and Jermaine, reportedly tried to remove Michael's children from the property.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2024 6:17 PM

Remember when Janet smacked Paris?

by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2024 6:28 PM

[quote]...Katherine is probably the glue that holds that family together.

Purse strings can serve as a glue, too.

by Anonymousreply 33March 23, 2024 7:08 PM

Whitney's family were a bunch of leeches too.

Madonna had the right idea - she kept her siblings at arm's length and told them she wasn't going to bankroll them.

by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2024 7:16 PM

[quote] Katherine Esther Jackson (née Scruse, born Kattie B. Screws; May 4, 1930) is the matriarch of the Jackson family of entertainers that includes her children Michael and Janet Jackson.

[quote] Jackson was born as Kattie B. Screws in Clayton, Alabama on May 4, 1930, the elder daughter of Martha (née Upshaw; December 14, 1907 – April 30, 1990) and Prince Albert Screws (October 16, 1907 – January 21, 1997). Jackson contracted polio at age two, which left her with a noticeable limp. In 1934, her father changed his surname to Scruse and renamed her Katherine Esther Scruse.

[quote] As a child, Jackson aspired to become an actress or a country singer, but was dismayed to find no notable Black country stars. Her parents divorced when she was still a child. She attended Washington High School in East Chicago, Indiana, where she joined the school band.

Now we know where Michael came up with the name Prince.

And why the Jackson family seems to have a few Screws loose!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 23, 2024 7:23 PM

Why the hell did these people have so many kids?

by Anonymousreply 36March 23, 2024 8:34 PM

[quote]Prince Albert Screws

What a name.

by Anonymousreply 37March 23, 2024 8:38 PM

Get your horse out of my garden!

by Anonymousreply 38March 23, 2024 8:39 PM

Are Michael's kids Persian?

by Anonymousreply 39March 23, 2024 8:44 PM

What does that old cunt Katherine have to spend money on? She should be living in an apartment on one of Janet’s estates or in a nursing home.

by Anonymousreply 40March 23, 2024 8:50 PM

Who is the bio dad(s) of the kids?

Should be interesting to see what happens when she dies. The other Jackson’s will ask for lifetime support.

by Anonymousreply 41March 23, 2024 9:02 PM

Rebbie is the richest Jackson. Her song Centipede made around $200 million back in the 80s.

by Anonymousreply 42March 23, 2024 9:03 PM

Katherine is over 90, now. So, she is probably in cognitive decline. The children of Michael seem like they have so little real life experience, but I guess they are heeding hopefully good advice from their attorneys.

Supposedly, Katherine is worth $100 million (outside of having control of MJ's estate). MJ had 10 siblings. If she died, that around $10 million each.

Agree that, right now, Jermaine, etc., are probably coming to Katherine for money all the time.

Jermaine seems particularly dumb and delusional.

Someone upthread said that Katherine has 50 children and grandchildren. I think she has more than 50.

by Anonymousreply 43March 23, 2024 9:14 PM

I’m how is Rebbie richer than Janet

by Anonymousreply 44March 23, 2024 9:20 PM

Janet is the only Jackson who has her own money. The rest of them all need money from Michael's estate. God only knows how many grandchildren and great grandchildren there are now.

by Anonymousreply 45March 23, 2024 10:45 PM

LaToya Jackson!

by Anonymousreply 46March 23, 2024 10:49 PM

Who are Blanket’s bio parents?

by Anonymousreply 47March 23, 2024 11:28 PM

This is a white man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 23, 2024 11:40 PM

[quote] Why the hell did these people have so many kids?

They're Jehovah's Witnesses so it doesn't have anything to do with their religion as JWs believe you should live a responsible lifestyle and only have as many children as you can afford.

I imagine it had more to do with that old horndog Joe who was said to try an fuck any woman he came near. I also imagine he forbad Catherine from using any sort of female birth control.

by Anonymousreply 49March 24, 2024 12:19 AM

LaToya and Katherine visit the Gary, Indiana, house.

At 2:10, LaToya said that Katherine used to come home with a new baby every month. Katherine said, "Shut up."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 24, 2024 12:25 AM

I expect the man is in the right but looking at his picture he seems like he would have starred in at least two segments of Cops, one for a convenience story robbery and one of a domestic battery.

by Anonymousreply 51March 24, 2024 12:49 AM

What?

by Anonymousreply 52March 24, 2024 12:50 AM

I recall that BG’s bio mom is Latina

by Anonymousreply 53March 24, 2024 1:08 AM

Jackson said that Blanket was conceived using his sperm and a surrogate. Some people suspected that he used Christian Brandi’s sperm.

by Anonymousreply 54March 24, 2024 1:14 AM

R54, He claimed that all of the kids were conceived using his sperm. Just a habitual liar.

by Anonymousreply 55March 24, 2024 1:16 AM

"... in which HER LARGE BROOD OF OVERWHELMINGLY UNTALENTED AND WEIRD OFFSPRING WHO HAVEN'T PERFORMED IN DECADES ARE challenging a ruling last year that gave co-executors John Branca and John McClain approval to proceed with an unnamed transaction."

There -- fixed it for ya. Bless her, but I have a feeling that Mrs. Jackson herself probably doesn't know where she is most of the time at this point.

by Anonymousreply 56March 24, 2024 2:12 AM

Katherine Jackson is old, short and mean and I can't believe she's not dead yet. Her Jehovah Witness homophobia probably worsened whatever mental illness Michael had.

by Anonymousreply 57March 24, 2024 2:17 AM

Oh and how upset is the rest of the Jackass family going to be when these adopted brats get his fortune over them, the ones actually performing in the 5?

by Anonymousreply 58March 24, 2024 2:19 AM

I wonder if some crazy family member will sue after Katherine dies, claiming his three kids really aren't his and that the other Jacksons should get the money.

by Anonymousreply 59March 24, 2024 3:51 AM

[quote] I wonder if some crazy family member will sue after Katherine dies

I wouldn't be too surprised if there was gunfights

by Anonymousreply 60March 24, 2024 4:12 AM

He can go fuck off somewhere. If Michael was alive he would have gladly helped his mother with whatever she needed. These little white kids aren't real Jacksons anyway and should have no say over how any money is spent. Blanket should have have been smothered with a blanket.

by Anonymousreply 61March 24, 2024 4:13 AM

[quote] As a child, Jackson aspired to become an actress or a country singer, but was dismayed to find no notable Black country stars.

That's pretty cool, actually.

Beyonce thinks she was the first bitch ever to think of the idea. WRONG!

But could Katherine actually sing?

by Anonymousreply 62March 24, 2024 4:15 AM

I'd be loading her in the car for Shady Pines right now. Dementia has set in. She needn't be worrying about business things any more. She can base out all day on meds and watch game shows. She's 93 for crying in the night.

by Anonymousreply 63March 24, 2024 4:30 AM

I actually think he looks a lot like his father.

by Anonymousreply 64March 24, 2024 4:31 AM

Michael should have dropped him out the window.

by Anonymousreply 65March 24, 2024 4:32 AM

I wonder if Michael’s kids are ashamed of their family

by Anonymousreply 66March 24, 2024 6:07 AM

Jermaine is pretty shady and he looks terrible. He was the heartthrob, more than Michael. I think he had a hard time letting go of that.

Who came up with the name "Jermajesty"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 24, 2024 6:16 AM

I never realized how much Janet Jackson looks like her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 24, 2024 6:29 PM

Fame and fortune hasn't been kind to this family. Money changes everything.

by Anonymousreply 69March 25, 2024 3:10 AM

Blanket is very good looking.

by Anonymousreply 70March 25, 2024 3:17 AM

He looks just like Michael. I think he is half-black

by Anonymousreply 71March 25, 2024 3:26 AM

He is a good looking young man. He looks intense, too.

by Anonymousreply 72March 25, 2024 3:32 AM

[quote] These little white kids aren't real Jacksons anyway and should have no say over how any money is spent.

Who cares if they're his biological kids or not? They didn't ask to be born and Michael is the reason that they are here. They are allowed to have some say over how his money is spent.

by Anonymousreply 73March 25, 2024 4:00 AM

R71 Michael looked that way because it was a kind of beauty archetype he was aiming for, and he got there (sort of) through multiple surgical carvings. Blanket Jackson looks like Indian or Southeast Asian/white mix. The type of mix you often see today on uni campuses. This often creates attractive children, although the white genes tend to dominate.

by Anonymousreply 74March 25, 2024 5:09 AM

I don't think that Blanket is Michael's biological son.

His hair is too straight. I'm thinking he's Indian or something, as R74 mentioned.

Usually, even fair skinned people with AA heritage, tend to have at least some wavy hair, if not curly.

Blanket's hair is like, straight straight.

To be honest, it's very hard to determine his ethnicities. I'm sure he has quite a few mixed in there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 25, 2024 5:19 AM

R75, he’s long been rumored to be the son of Miko Brando. Miko’s mother was Brando’s second wife; her family was from Mexico, which means that she may have had both Spanish and Native American ancestry.

by Anonymousreply 76March 26, 2024 2:43 AM

I googled that R76, and came up with this photo ...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 26, 2024 4:32 AM

So no one will ever have to see it normalized in the press again, Blanket should be required under threat of arrest (or maybe even firing squad) to legally change his name. It really is that annoying.

by Anonymousreply 78March 26, 2024 4:39 AM

Blanket actually looks like the guy in the middle, rather than the one on the right.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 26, 2024 4:43 AM

I guess they couldn’t call them No.1 and No.2 R4

by Anonymousreply 80March 26, 2024 6:10 AM

Mama must have some bottom feeder lawyers propping her up for dis crap.

by Anonymousreply 81March 26, 2024 6:15 AM

The siblings in London for "MJ: The Musical".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82March 29, 2024 6:50 AM

As much of a freak show as he is and I know Paris was a messed up teenager, they never say anything bad about him.

by Anonymousreply 83March 29, 2024 7:01 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!