Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have released a statement about Kate’s diagnosis

"We wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2024 1:44 PM

“We want privacy! We want privacy!”

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2024 9:28 PM

R1 that comment has no relation to this. Them wishing Kate well doesn’t invade their privacy. Stupid comment.

by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2024 9:29 PM

Well, they had to release *something*. They kept it succinct.

by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2024 9:30 PM

I give it 36 hours before "friends of the Sussexes say the couple were saddened not to hear the news privately, but rather found out through media reports. The source close to the couple asked: "Would it have killed the Palace to tell the Haz and Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex first instead of making them find out like everybody else? Sometimes you wonder if they really are much loved members of the family and that's not good brand."

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2024 9:34 PM

This statement has been ready to fly for weeks. I'm surprised they had the restraint to wait a few whole hours!

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2024 9:36 PM

I wonder who wrote it, because as the usual word salad goes, it was surprisingly short stuff, if alliteraiton-adorned as always.

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2024 9:40 PM

Why couldn't it have been Harry's wife?? No one would fucking miss her.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2024 9:43 PM

They have to release a statement rather than just tell her? There is never a time when the Sussexes are not horrible, vile people.

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2024 9:58 PM

Kate's made Meghan cry again!

by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2024 9:59 PM

Why use a name that she does not prefer in such a sensitive statement? Harry used to call her Cath or Catherine all the time.

Already playing the biggest and true victims.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2024 10:01 PM

I know he's really, really, really dim, but on nights like these does he ever stare up at the house from his cot in the chicken coop and wonder if maybe he should have chosen differently?

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2024 10:30 PM

When one family member is going through a crisis, it never fails that another family member makes it all about them.

by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2024 10:35 PM

And in this family, it never fails who will make it all about them.

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2024 10:37 PM

What an odious couple they are. Professional victims.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2024 10:38 PM

In the word of my Montecito neighbor Gwneth Paltrow, I wish Kate the best of luck.

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2024 10:38 PM

"I know Princess Diana was murdered. Please let her be slain in private. Praying for her family"

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2024 10:41 PM

[quote] I know he's really, really, really dim, but on nights like these does he ever stare up at the house from his cot in the chicken coop and wonder if maybe he should have chosen differently?

While his offspring are playing with chicken poo and eating dirt again.

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2024 10:56 PM

And there's Camilla, dashing off to the loo to sneak a ciggy , wondering how on earth she, with not a drop of Royal blood, is left with the entire Monarchy on her shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2024 11:07 PM

Camilla, bare-breasted and wearing her oversized crown, will lead the people forward.

by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2024 11:14 PM

I like Camilla and think she's doing a great job, but if ever there was a case of be careful what you ask for or you will surely get it, this is definitely it.

by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2024 11:33 PM

That’s sweet

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2024 4:31 AM

I am no fan of Harry and Meghan, but there is really nothing wrong with their statement. Any longer, and it would have been waffle. They should have referred to her by her title perhaps though.

by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2024 5:50 AM

R7, I'd miss watching her fuck ups,especially her hideous outfit choices

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23March 25, 2024 3:48 AM

Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 24March 25, 2024 4:56 AM

Wow, what a sad bunch in here. It was a perfectly fine statement. Also lol to r1, because now it's the Wales on a privacy tour!

Regardless, this was a harmless statement. Why so many are upset at a brother and sister in law wishing the best to Kate is beyond me cause at the end of the day, they are still family. Also, if they said nothing they would have been equally criticized.

I fear many of you would only be happy if Harry, Meghan, plus kids all died in a horrific car accident.

by Anonymousreply 25March 25, 2024 6:16 AM

R25, quit trolling, you sad and deluded little man.

by Anonymousreply 26March 25, 2024 7:46 AM

Someone on another site posted a series of photos (at least 20) showing Kate and Harry at public appearances smiling and laughing. They obviously liked each other pre-Meghan. Neither one is a good enough actor to consistently mask their feelings. I believe the story that Harry considered her like a sister. If Harry felt like a 3rd wheel, like he says now, he needs to admit he didn’t have the intelligence or maturity to carve out his own sphere. Invictus was a start. But then there was the disaster of hooking up with Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 27March 25, 2024 1:39 PM

R2, i am not R1 but by making a public statement on this they are actually opening up to the public something that could have been kept private. They could have only sent a message to Kate and the rest of the family directly but no, all the world has to know. This means they don’t value privacy.

by Anonymousreply 28March 25, 2024 2:13 PM

Otherwise it’s their choice and agree this is harmless (if impersonal).

by Anonymousreply 29March 25, 2024 2:15 PM

Can I have her stuff?

by Anonymousreply 30March 25, 2024 2:26 PM

[quote] Invictus was a start.

It could have been close to a full time job, with some minor royal duties on the side. There are veterans in every country on earth. He could have built a scholarship fund. He could have established an award scheme. He could have devoted his life to those men and women who get a cliched 'thank you for your service' and not much else. Too bad how it turned out.

by Anonymousreply 31March 25, 2024 3:16 PM

r28 they already sent a private message to William and Kate. This is public support which the family is sending out. Again, folks just want to be mad. Why is it a bad thing to wish a public figure well during a cancer diagnosis, especially since unlike the millions of people on Twitter, Harry and Meghan actually know William and Kate.

by Anonymousreply 32March 25, 2024 7:49 PM

The King issued a message for Kate, but the rest of the BRF haven't, presumably just sending private messages or, you know, speaking to her. The only reason for the Harkles to post a message on social media was for their own social media profile.

by Anonymousreply 33March 25, 2024 8:57 PM

[quote]Why is it a bad thing to wish a public figure well during a cancer diagnosis, especially since unlike the millions of people on Twitter, Harry and Meghan actually know William and Kate.

Oh, I dunno, perhaps the GLARING HYPOCRISY of it all?

by Anonymousreply 34March 25, 2024 10:14 PM

R32, i was merely responding to the argument about privacy. In my view public statements of support between brothers/close family are slightly ridiculous. They have other channels to show and provide support. And people who want privacy don’t constantly make public announcements.

by Anonymousreply 35March 25, 2024 10:53 PM

R18 😂 right. That is one lucky, crafty hoe.

by Anonymousreply 36March 25, 2024 11:01 PM

r33 the King is his father, Harry is his brother. Those two men are closer to William family wise than say his cousin Beatrice. I'm also estranged from my brother, but when he caught COVID, I reached out. If it was cancer I know we'd put aside our issues and reach out.

Unlike me and my brother, Harry and Meghan are pressured or criticized no matter what route they take. At the end of the day, that's his brother so he has every right to make a public or private statement. People attacking them just want to be angry.

by Anonymousreply 37March 25, 2024 11:36 PM

I'm not the slightest bit angry, nor am I attacking them, I'm just pointing out the naked hypocrisy of Harry and Meghan expressing sympathy for a woman they were perfectly content to vilified in print, on the world stage, just a short year ago.

by Anonymousreply 38March 25, 2024 11:56 PM

[quote] Harry and Meghan are pressured or criticized no matter what route they take.

Harry and Meghan think only of themselves with every route they take and accordingly earn all the criticism they receive.

by Anonymousreply 39March 26, 2024 1:15 AM

r38 both sides used/use surrogates in the press to spread negative stories about the other. What was said in Harry's book or the Oprah interview didn't even really criticize Kate all that much. In fact, the couple has publicly defended her in multiple public setting including the Oprah interview to Harry's book. Now, folks in here will or may disagree, but we've had this debate in every royal thread. At the end of the day, if cancer isn't enough of an emergency to let bygones be bygones long enough to share words of support via social media, then i don't know what is.

No matter what each sides' stans say, Harry has a long relationship with William and Kate. He and Meghan personally know them so this was the appropriate action.

by Anonymousreply 40March 26, 2024 1:56 AM

r39 and that's different then any other royal how? Charles jumps in this week with story after story about all the support he gave Kate. Camilla visited her bedside and shared tips on PR. Anne's son is out giving glowing interviews about Charles and Kate. William letting Kate take the fall for the photo mishap. Kate having meticulously trying to remain picture perfect in every aspect.

They are ALL making moves to benefits themselves. They are all dedicated to themselves above all else, which explains the laughable work effort, constant vacations, and hoarded wealth during cost of living and housing crisis in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2024 2:01 AM

They are estranged from his family. They also care about her. So what else are they supposed to do? A public statement of caring and support is both expected and self-serving. On the one hand, I don't hold it against them.

On the other hand, they've set themselves up as a court in exile, heavily influenced by American advisors (and her experience and knowledge of putting yourself out there), who counsel them on what is best for their "brand." It's in direct contrast to his family's reserve and sublimating self to duty and service. It's also opportunistic.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2024 2:20 AM

I'm semi-estranged from my older sister. When I found out I was the only one in our small family NOT to be told she had recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's, I made sure I kept my distance.

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2024 2:25 AM

Ayo on these royal threads are most of you guys British? I think that is important to know as this has a more immediate impact on your culture and world.

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2024 3:54 AM

R44 I’m not British but I’m not American either. I suspect (from language, spelling and subject knowledge) that most posters on the royal threads are American.

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2024 4:15 AM

R44, GO AWAY.

That you continually come back and we have to block you over and over again shows that you are a truly demented troll.

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2024 12:17 PM

R46 It’s ok dear. It gets better.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2024 1:23 PM

Isn’t Teacake POZ?

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2024 1:31 PM

R48 what would make you say that. Did you just decide to make that up out of thin air?

Jesus take the wheel.

by Anonymousreply 49March 26, 2024 1:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!