Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Biden Agrees to Ban LGBTQ Pride Flags at US Embassies

Republican leader touts ban on rainbow emblem as GOP win

Display of banner is flashpoint for some social conservatives

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2024 5:13 PM

Behind Paywall:

archive.today/T66N4

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2024 10:08 AM

Non-paywall version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2024 10:09 AM

I'm sure you bitches would object to this flag being flown at US embassies.

I fully support Biden on this. The only flag that should be flown at US embassies is the American flag.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2024 10:16 AM

Yeah, I think we will survive this one. If anything, it is for the best. JFC don't we have bigger fish to fry?

Why yes, I AM now craving a fish fry. Malt vinegar please, only a wee bit of tartar on the side. Many thanks.

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2024 10:24 AM

It is important to note that

[quote] The prohibition on unapproved flags would only last for the duration of the funding deal, which ends Sept. 30.

I am okay with this to get the legislation passed. I am fairly certain that the next Speaker of the House, Hakeem Jeffries, isn’t going to allow this nonsensical provision to make it into any additional spending bills in 2025.

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2024 10:29 AM

100% r2.

The only flag that should be flown at any embassy is that of the country. Nothing more, nothing less.

What thought process went into flying the pride flat at embassies anyway?

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2024 10:44 AM

[quote]The only flag that should be flown at any embassy is that of the country. Nothing more, nothing less.

Unless it's this one!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2024 10:57 AM

These colors don’t run

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2024 11:30 AM

[quote]The only flag that should be flown at any embassy is that of the country. Nothing more, nothing less.

I disagree. You have no idea what it meant to me seeing the US embassy fly the pride flag in my homophobic little shithole. I'll never forget that feeling.

by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2024 11:55 AM

Albania, R9?

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2024 12:00 PM

I'm confused. Why would the LGBTQ+ flag be flown at an Embassy? Do they also fly flags for Shriners?

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2024 12:02 PM

Are ace flags acceptable?

by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2024 12:10 PM

R3, you make a great point.

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2024 12:12 PM

Well, as long as r9 feels warm and fuzzy seeing the LGB flag flying, then we should allow it.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2024 8:14 PM

What a pathetic, petty little thing to request as part of a budget. It must have kept Xtians tossing and turning all night long, grinding their teeth.

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2024 8:38 PM

Joe has bigger issues right now.

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2024 10:23 PM

^ Like wondering why his food tasters keep dying.

by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2024 1:10 AM

This provision of the funding bill shows how petty Republican are. I’m with R3.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2024 2:51 AM

1 thing the Republicans will agree with him regarding...... CUNTS

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2024 5:51 AM

What will the queers for Palestine think when they see the countries they cape for fucking hate them?

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2024 11:47 PM

Gays don't fly the flag very much anymore since they introduced the new potpourri flag. Only those who call themselves " queer" because they are young and inventing their latest " I identify as..."social media declaration, or using it for publicity, identify with the flag. It's been adulterated.

by Anonymousreply 21March 27, 2024 12:55 AM

It's sad that the repubs will stoop so low but will anyone file an appeal to this law?

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2024 3:31 AM

Biden is the one who flew that flag to begin with. Why did he fly it only to ban it?

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2024 2:25 PM

The only flag that should fly is the US flag at our embassies.

The current rainbow flag has been changed to include all kinds of ridiculousness so it has lost its true identity.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2024 5:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!