Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes Are Living ‘Separate’ Lives After She Skipped the Oscars

It was the biggest night of Ryan Gosling’s career. At the 96th Annual Academy Awards on March 10, the Barbie star — who was up for a Best Supporting Actor trophy — brought the house down with a rousing rendition of “I’m Just Ken,” his hit (and Oscar-nominated) song from the movie’s soundtrack. A-listers like Margot Robbie and Emma Stone danced and sang along, while Hollywood heavyweights congratulated him after his history-making performance.

There was one person who wasn’t there to share in the magic of the moment: Ryan’s wife, Eva Mendes. “People were surprised Eva wasn’t by Ryan’s side,” a source exclusively tells In Touch. “It was a huge evening for him, and she was nowhere to be found.” While the actress, 50, was spotted backstage earlier, and later paid tribute to Ryan, 43, on Instagram, Eva’s glaring absence points to trouble in paradise for the couple of 13 years. The parents to Esmeralda, 9, and Amada, 7, are hanging on by a thread, the source says, as they struggle with jealousy and fights over expanding their family. “Ryan and Eva don’t like to go to events together, but the Oscars were different. It just goes to show how separate their lives are.”

Behind the scenes, Eva’s feeling resentful of Ryan, says the source. In 2012, she put acting on the back burner to focus on being a mother and wife. “Eva has given up a lot to support Ryan and be a hands-on mother to their two daughters,” says the source. Now, as his career continues to skyrocket, Eva is feeling insecure and having trust issues. “Ryan goes to set and enjoys his work and interacts with his colleagues, while she’s sitting home caring for their kids with no other social life.”

They recently spent six months in Australia while Ryan filmed his upcoming flick, The Fall Guy, with Emily Blunt. “Eva was cut off from her family and friends,” says the source, adding, “it created a lot of jealousy.” While Eva loves being so involved at home, it can be overwhelming. “It hasn’t been easy for her to be the primary parent as Ryan pursues so many acting roles,” explains the source. “She adores being a mother and supporting Ryan, but that doesn’t mean it’s not difficult at times.”

The cracks are starting to show publicly. On the night of the Oscars, the Hitch actress shared a post on Instagram of her posing backstage in the pink bedazzled blazer Ryan wore. The caption read, “You took Ken all the way to the Oscars, RG. Now come home, we need to put the kids to bed.” It was a strange choice of words, says the source. “It almost felt like she was nagging him. Couldn’t she have just let him enjoy the rest of the evening? It was a big night for him, and she’s pressuring him – on Instagram for everyone to see – to come home as soon as possible. It was a little bizarre.”

According to the source, Ryan sets the tone for the relationship. “It may not seem obvious, but he’s very dominant and dictates how they live their public life,” says the source. “He insists on their ultra-private image, and from the beginning he was the one who decided that they would not step out together.” The source says Ryan is more moody and serious than he lets on. “He lived in his own house — separate from Eva — until they had their first child. That kind of shows his true personality,” says the source.

It was his call to not announce they’d tied the knot, says the source. Eva referred to Ryan as her husband during an interview in 2022, but aside from that reference, they don’t publicly say they’re married. “Ryan is intensely private,” says the source, “so there’s a lot of mystery surrounding them as a couple. The fact that they seem to live separate lives only adds to the mystique.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2024 8:12 AM

Eva is starting to push back on certain issues. The source says Eva wants to move away from Hollywood. “Ryan doesn’t want to move because of his career, but Eva’s is virtually nonexistent, so she’s declared they should leave L.A.”

And she recently told him she doesn’t want more kids. “Ryan has brought up having another child, but that led to another fight between them, because Eva doesn’t want one,” reveals the source, noting that the pair are in disagreement over nearly everything these days. “Eva’s decision on baby No. 3 might be the final straw; they could break up over it.”

She also wants to start putting their relationship out there more. “Eva accepted Ryan’s wishes, and she loves him, but it’s not typical for her personality [to be so private],” says the source. “She’d like to be a little more public with their relationship, because people truly sometimes forget he has a wife and children!”

It’s become yet another battle. “Eva has loosened up over recent years, and has no problem with sharing small peeks into the family life, but Ryan has always held the upper hand in their relationship and insists that his way goes,” the source reveals. There’s talk he’s given her an ultimatum to let it go — or else. “Eva wants to make Ryan happy,” says the source, “but it’s only a matter of time before she’s had enough.”

by Anonymousreply 1March 22, 2024 2:27 AM

Eva feels Ryan's obsession with botox and fillers is emasculating...she's done.

by Anonymousreply 2March 22, 2024 2:38 AM

In Touch Weekly is a glossier version of The National Enquirer.

by Anonymousreply 3March 22, 2024 2:38 AM

I forgot that they've been together that long. And I can't remember the last movie of hers that I've seen/heard of.

by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2024 2:39 AM

I think she's just jealous of all the attention he has been getting.

Her Oscar night post on Instagram was rather cunty:

[quote] You took Ken all the way to the Oscar's RG. Now come home, we need to put the kids to bed.....

Way to be a downer on his Big Night.

Read the comments on her Instagram post. People think she was a huge bitch for not supporting him on Oscar night.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2024 2:46 AM

Me neither r4. The article should just say she gave up her acting career to be a mom/wife and never looked back, rather than saying she put it on the "back burner".

I also never really bought them as a couple either. Probably only together for their kids at this point.

by Anonymousreply 6March 22, 2024 3:14 AM

Please. This bitch was lucky she became a trophy wife. She was fat and couldn't act for shit. If Ryan hadn't come along, she'd be lucky to get the "wife" roles in Emmett/Furla straight to video schlock.

by Anonymousreply 7March 22, 2024 3:17 AM

r7 = Jennifer Lopez

by Anonymousreply 8March 22, 2024 3:19 AM

She should do a sad ass reboot, "I'm Just Eva."

by Anonymousreply 9March 22, 2024 3:22 AM

They both look like gremlins.

by Anonymousreply 10March 22, 2024 3:47 AM

blind items tell 2 stories:

1. Ryan was devastated about becoming a father and drank excessively because of that which implies the article is full of crap that Eva gave up her career unwillingly. She trapped him on purpose (What an idiot for being known as a sex symbol but not having a vasectomy).

2. Those girls aren't even his but from an affair Eva had. I forgot the guy's name. Do the brats look like Ryan? Anyway, this would imply that their break-up is just PR because having kids from someone else while pretending to be the perfect family doesn't sound like love to me.

What does datalounge know about him? I heard he is straight and slept only with an mtf but an online friend said she heard bi rumors.

by Anonymousreply 11March 22, 2024 4:05 AM

With all the fillers he looks like her now. Rumors say he didn't get along with Chris Evans on the set of the g(r)ay man. Maybe they were arguing about whether fillers or botox are better? Ana de Armas that fag hag probably watched in amusement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 22, 2024 4:14 AM

I was a fan of Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place in its first couple seasons. I remember remarking to a friend that in the progression of the show's first season, it seemed like Reynolds and Richard Ruccolo had fucked, Ryan thought it was more than just a hook up and then Richard stopped it. If you watch the first half of the season, Reynolds looks at him the way Taron Egerton looked at Hugh Jackman in that infamous meme. And then it stops, and Reynolds is super awkward around him for a couple episodes, then it evens out. And Reynolds seemed super gay on that show.

So I've always kind of felt like Reynolds was in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 13March 22, 2024 4:17 AM

Showbiz problems.

by Anonymousreply 14March 22, 2024 4:23 AM

Wrong Ryan, R13.

by Anonymousreply 15March 22, 2024 4:25 AM

Oh shit, you're right, R15. Jeez, I have no excuse. I think it was the post at R11 talking about him being bi that switched my gears because I've never heard that (in any seriousness) about Gosling. Mea culpa.

by Anonymousreply 16March 22, 2024 4:34 AM

He was definitely molested when was in Micky Mouse Club

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2024 4:38 AM

r12 Wow that photo is a jump scare. He's getting creepy ugly... but that's expected of a Canadian 7.

by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2024 4:39 AM

[quote]…the actress, 50, …and … Ryan, 43, … couple of 13 years.

She cursed herself by asking for the role of Gina (All about the Benjamins).

Pretending to be a Gina makes any 50 year-old actress unmarketable!

by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2024 4:40 AM

He took his sister and mother to the Oscars but she stayed home with the kids. Couldn't his mom and sister watched the kids for one night while she went to the Oscars with him?

Either she didn't want to go because she she would have felt like a hausfrau amongst the A-listers, or he told her to keep her ass at home because he didn't want her taking attention away from him, or maybe because she's such a nag he didn't want her jealousy to ruin his night.

Or maybe he just wanted to flirt with whoever caught his eye.

by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2024 4:45 AM

I hope they don't inherit the unfortunate genes that Bruce Willis and Demi Moore's kids did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2024 4:51 AM

Doesn't make sense that she doesn't attend awards shows with him. Trouble in paradise. They were a good-looking couple, IMO.

[quote] So I've always kind of felt like Reynolds was in the closet.

Reynolds' ex-wife, Scarlett Johannsson pings, to me. I wouldn't be surprised if they're both gay or bisexual. They both put their hetero marriages and relationships on display. Maybe they're trying to prove that they're heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2024 5:11 AM

Three is too many damn kids. The world is overpopulated. After two: mandatory tube tying and vasectomy.

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2024 5:14 AM

I can't believe that Ryan Gosling got married at 30 years old to a woman who was seven years older.

What in the hell was he thinking??

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2024 5:36 AM

Why does one of their kids look Asian?

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2024 5:49 AM

R11 could have an explanation R25

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2024 6:02 AM

[quote]Way to be a downer on his Big Night.

The picture in that Instagram post was taken in his dressing room for the Oscars. She and their kids were there for rehearsals. If you watch the end of his Oscars performance he pulls his necklace up and holds it so the camera to see and he kisses it. It's likely the E necklace in the Barbie font he had made for her. If they are living separate lives, they are doing it poorly.

by Anonymousreply 27March 22, 2024 6:19 AM

She's still a downer, R27.

Most women (and an actress on top of that) would be happy to celebrate their husband being nominated for an Academy Award, and then going out to party a little bit after the Oscars. Especially given that his musical performance was one of the highlights of the night.

Instead, she had to shit on his night and basically said, "Great, you had your moment. Now get your ass home to bed."

What a boring bitch.

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2024 6:30 AM

She looka like a man and the kids look retarded. He's ugly and overrated.

by Anonymousreply 29March 22, 2024 6:57 AM

R13, I agree that Ryan Reynolds pings. Gosling not so much, but who knows?

by Anonymousreply 30March 22, 2024 7:34 AM

This was the best part of the Oscars. If Eva doesn’t want him I’ll take him. Way to do career, Ryan!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 22, 2024 9:08 AM

Didn’t you read the the article R28? He’s the one who insists they never step out as a couple

by Anonymousreply 32March 22, 2024 11:23 AM

R23, Will you please go tell that to Africans, Indians and the Chinese?

by Anonymousreply 33March 22, 2024 11:36 AM

[quote]While Eva loves being so involved at home, it can be overwhelming.

The poor wee darling.

by Anonymousreply 34March 22, 2024 11:38 AM

[quote]while she’s sitting home caring for their kids with no other social life.”

you had kids, dumbass. now raise them.

by Anonymousreply 35March 22, 2024 12:06 PM

R7, you don't know shit.

by Anonymousreply 36March 22, 2024 2:30 PM

Oh, I know shit when I see it, R36.

by Anonymousreply 37March 22, 2024 2:31 PM

Eva could have aborted but she didn't. She ruined her life by birthing the hatchlings of a gosling.

by Anonymousreply 38March 22, 2024 5:43 PM

[quote] He’s the one who insists they never step out as a couple

I don't buy that, R32.

If it were true, then why would she have to order Ryan to come home immediately after the Oscars, as indicated at R5?

I think he's just trying to protect her.

He knows she's a nagging cunt, and never lets him out of her sight. So he says it's HIM, rather than HER that doesn't want to socialize.

If you just observe their personalities, Ryan is much more outgoing and fun than Eva. She's a total bore.

Ryan got stuck being married at 30 years old to this much older woman.

Now she's 50 and even more boring than ever. Ryan's only 43 and can still have fun. But she won't let him.

by Anonymousreply 39March 22, 2024 6:14 PM

He’s a 43-y-o man. He has agency. If he is so miserable, he can afford a divorce.

by Anonymousreply 40March 22, 2024 6:36 PM

R40 No, his life is already ruined with children. He will now have a harder time getting the woman of his dreams because many don't want to share the child support money with the ex wife.

by Anonymousreply 41March 22, 2024 6:41 PM

She's 50 and they're arguing about having more children? Right, sure.

by Anonymousreply 42March 22, 2024 6:48 PM

Rich women have kids in their 50s.

by Anonymousreply 43March 22, 2024 6:59 PM

This whole story is based on " . . . a source exclusively tells In Touch". One unnamed source. Someone who didn't go to the New York Times, CNN or even TMZ, but In Touch magazine, that beacon of unbiased journalism. In almost every interview, Ryan gushes about Eva and his kids, and throughout the press junket for Barbie wore a chain with an E charm on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44March 22, 2024 7:10 PM

r13 Richard is a swinger now with his wife, and may or may not swing both ways.

by Anonymousreply 45March 22, 2024 7:24 PM

Link please, R45!

Or at least share some juicy gossip.

I think that's really hot.

by Anonymousreply 46March 22, 2024 7:29 PM

Swings with his wife, lives in Mexico, has an OF and a blog(?) all about "the lifestyle." Nice dick. May be heteroflexible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 22, 2024 7:47 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 22, 2024 7:48 PM

Why is there a ring around the penis?

by Anonymousreply 49March 22, 2024 7:49 PM

[quote] Why is there a ring around the penis?

Yeah, the cock ring is a real turnoff.

It means he can't get hard.

by Anonymousreply 50March 22, 2024 7:51 PM

That's a nice, big cock at R47!!!!

No wonder Ryan Reynolds was so DICKMATIZED by him.

by Anonymousreply 51March 22, 2024 7:51 PM

Richard in the back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 22, 2024 7:56 PM

R50 I blame circumcision

by Anonymousreply 53March 22, 2024 7:56 PM

Bitch looks mean. Her, not him.

by Anonymousreply 54March 22, 2024 7:57 PM

Loved Richard in All Over the Guy which was like Bros only less annoying.

by Anonymousreply 55March 22, 2024 7:58 PM

Very nice, R52.

So I guess he's a top.

Again, no wonder Ryan Reynolds was so dickmatized by Richard!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 22, 2024 8:00 PM

Ryan is a Scorpio and Eva is a Pisces. I'm sure he tells her my way or the highway.

by Anonymousreply 57March 22, 2024 8:39 PM

I thought the 2 Ryans are in lavender marriages. Their wives are both lipstick lesbians.

by Anonymousreply 58March 22, 2024 8:50 PM

Are we positive Richard Ruccolo is straight? I mean, how many straight men do you know who not only wear cock rings, but wear them outside for the world to see?

by Anonymousreply 59March 22, 2024 9:02 PM

R43, yes it's feasible but I don't think it's likely someone would try and pressure their 50 year old wife into something like that when they already have children. In normal circumstances a couple in their 40s/50s would have planned for/be happy with two.

by Anonymousreply 60March 22, 2024 9:48 PM

Lol R38.

I always giggle at his last name. It's so silly.

by Anonymousreply 61March 22, 2024 11:57 PM

Hollywood doesn’t do truth OP - it never has. Actors are just commodities - it’s about what sells and so it sells illusion via PR. It’s all filtered through PR.

by Anonymousreply 62March 23, 2024 8:53 AM

How do we know this “unnamed source” isn’t just their PR agent trying to drum up publicity for them?

by Anonymousreply 63March 23, 2024 9:17 AM

^He's having a moment now with the Ken thing & he's got another movie to promote, so this isn't exactly the kind of publicity he wants. I vaguely him thanking her when he won an award for LaLa land for basically holding down the fort with the family while he was busy. Maybe this is her signal that's she's held down the fort long enough and he needs to get his ass home & do the school run while she goes out & tries to rekindle her career.

by Anonymousreply 64March 23, 2024 9:43 AM

[quote] Maybe this is her signal that's she's held down the fort long enough and he needs to get his ass home & do the school run while she goes out & tries to rekindle her career.

A sub-par 50 year old actress, with nothing of note in her acting credits?

Not likely.

She should be grateful that Ryan is bringing home the bacon, and therefore shut her fat mouth.

by Anonymousreply 65March 23, 2024 4:03 PM

If Ryan Gosling was my husband, I'd keep him on a very tight leash too.

Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 66March 24, 2024 6:34 PM

Frau drama.

by Anonymousreply 67March 24, 2024 6:36 PM

[quote] Eva Mendes Reveals ‘Nonverbal Agreement’ With Ryan Gosling That She Be a Stay-at-Home Mom

Eva Mendes revealed she and Ryan Gosling had ​a "nonverbal agreement" that she would be a stay-at-home mom to their children and pause her acting career, which she ​said she was happy to do.

"It was, like, a no brainer. I'm so lucky. And I was like, 'If I can have this time with my children ...' And I still worked, I just didn't act because acting takes you on locations, it takes you away," Eva, 50, explained during a Tuesday, March 26, appearance on the Today show.

"It was almost just like a nonverbal agreement that it was like, 'OK he's going to work and I'm going to work, I'm just going to work here,'" she said of staying at home. The couple is parents to daughters Esmeralda, 9, and Amada Lee, 7.

Eva is currently working on her first children's book, Desi, Mami & the Never-Ending Worries, which she announced in a February 22 Instagram post.

"My latest project is a true labor of love. Being the Mami to my two little girls has inspired me to write my first picture book," she told fans while showing the cover art.

"In this book, Desi & Mami try to deal with those scary thoughts that can take over (especially at night) and dominate our mind. Whether it’s the monster under their bed or the monster in their head, together they try to navigate another night of never ending worries," the Hitch star continued.

During her appearance on Today, Eva admitted that she "pretty much stopped acting" after starring alongside Ryan in 2012's The Place Beyond the Pines, where the two met and fell in love.

"I have never experienced anything like that. The way he works, his commitment to his craft, how he wants to make everything as best as it can be, and that means making his costars as best as they can be. But unfortunately – or fortunately – there is only one Ryan!" she said.

While Eva and Ryan, 43, ​have not walked a red carpet together ​since the film's premiere, she showed her support for him at the Oscars on March 10 where he performed "I'm Just Ken" from Barbie, which was up for Best Original Song. Ryan was also nominated for Best Supporting Actor for the hit film, although he lost to Robert Downey Jr. for his performance in Oppenheimer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 27, 2024 3:38 AM

Freaks...lordy

by Anonymousreply 69March 27, 2024 3:40 AM

So does this mean Ryan Gosling is in play? BRB, hitting the gym obsessively and then throwing myself at him.

by Anonymousreply 70March 27, 2024 4:48 AM

I think most people who marry actors, athletes and musicians have an understanding. Or at least know the deal.

by Anonymousreply 71March 27, 2024 4:53 AM

I don't understand why they don't walk red carpets together. It's not like they can't afford childcare.

by Anonymousreply 72March 27, 2024 8:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!