Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Owen Jones flounces from the Labour Party

I'm sure Sir Keir is devastated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2024 11:20 PM

Gurl, bye!

by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2024 9:04 AM

He should have done us all a favour and been quiet, but the Tory attention was too much to resist. He's just another media whore.

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2024 9:04 AM

My politics are not unlike Owen Jones’, although I am not a Labour member nor have I ever been a Labour voter.

But at this juncture he needs to just shut the fuck up and this piece helps no one. The important thing at the next election is to get the Tories out, and this is more important than anything that might be in their manifesto or what somebody somewhere is alleged to have said about the situation in Gaza.

Living in the UK is a fucking drudgery, and has been for years. And to live under a government that isn’t neglectful and destructive by design would bring emotional comfort to millions, even if it will take a while for any changes to become material ones.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2024 9:05 AM

There's no end in sight for this cycle of misery. The Tories have poisoned the chalice so fully and deliberately that people will be clamouring for their return once the true carnage of what they've done has been revealed. With this happening under a Labour government, the Murdoch and other Tory noise machines will say it's the Labour's fault, and the frightened masses will believe them.

by Anonymousreply 4March 21, 2024 9:11 AM

He's not going to vote for a Tory so what does it matter if he's disappointed in Labour? This is the British version of the bitchfest that has been going on in the US for the last two years.

by Anonymousreply 5March 21, 2024 9:18 AM

All because he just wants to be able to hate Jews openly. He needs a hot Tel Aviv muscle boy to fuck that antisemitism right out of him.

by Anonymousreply 6March 21, 2024 9:22 AM

Meh, better it happens now than after the manifesto reveal

r5 LOL fuck right off with the idea this is Britain copying the US, Labour has been doing the 'you're not pure enough for me' thing since the party was formed

by Anonymousreply 7March 21, 2024 9:25 AM

It’s my gay best friend, Flouncy Magoo!

by Anonymousreply 8March 21, 2024 9:25 AM

I didn't say they were copying anyone, r7. Calm down. Your country is very special and unique. I was merely pointing out how Owen's frustration with Labour is very similar to progressives frustration with the Democrats. Owen is still going to vote for Labour and progressives will still vote for Democrats. LoL! :)

by Anonymousreply 9March 21, 2024 9:35 AM

Yeah, progressives have only been frustrated with the Democrats for the past two years, sure.

by Anonymousreply 10March 21, 2024 9:40 AM

Could anything be more Owen than to leave Labour just months before they take power. Who will he throw his king-making influence behind? The Workers' Party? Real Labour?

by Anonymousreply 11March 21, 2024 6:05 PM

Jones has written obsessively attacking Starmer for years now.

Like Corbyn he isn't interested in governing and improving people's lives, he's interested in the ideological capture of Labour. He would rather see a Tory government than a pragmatic Labour government.

In 2019 he led the "unseat" campaign and the areas he campaigned in saw the Tories increase their majority.

To casual watchers who know him from Twitter and his gobshite panel appearances his rejection of Starmer is further evidence Starmer has made Labour decent again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 21, 2024 6:21 PM

Here's a video just posted explaining his position.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 21, 2024 6:28 PM

That whiny little cunt is hilarious - I don’t know why he thinks his opinion holds any weight, anywhere. That the Guardian continues to pay him and give him a voice is but one of many symptoms of their dizzying descent into buffoonery.

by Anonymousreply 14March 21, 2024 6:31 PM

Guardian opinion is off the rails full stop. Only thing that stops me from being a regular reader.

by Anonymousreply 15March 21, 2024 6:50 PM

[quote] It’s difficult to disentangle Labour from my sense of self. Grew up in Stockport, looks a bit like Macaulay Culkin, bad dress sense … the Labour party always seemed to fit in there somewhere.

Macaulay should sue you for defamation.

by Anonymousreply 16March 21, 2024 7:16 PM

The new organisation Jones is fundraising for is run by a Palestinian who is anti abortion and has made anti gay and anti Indian slurs.

by Anonymousreply 17March 22, 2024 12:53 PM

Talcum X

by Anonymousreply 18March 22, 2024 2:16 PM

Not surprising that London is called out for being the most antisemitic city in the West.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 22, 2024 2:30 PM

Labour is hopeless at picking leaders. They had complete nutcase Jeremy Corbyn who looked like a tramp and was totally unelectable. Now it’s Starmer, who not only has a squeaky voice so it’s hard to take what he says seriously, but he’s also a porker.

Given the choice I’d rather have Michael Gove, at least he’s got a great big fat cock that he’s proud off and not shy in showing.

by Anonymousreply 20March 22, 2024 2:46 PM

You're an asshole r20, and I hope the world reminds you constantly.

by Anonymousreply 21March 22, 2024 2:47 PM

R21 would you really have wanted Jeremy Corbyn to be our Prime Minister? If you did you are in a very small minority, he put Labour back years. Imaging living in a country run my Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott. It doesn’t bear thinking about.

by Anonymousreply 22March 22, 2024 2:56 PM

You can be correct and still be a raging asshole, asshole.

by Anonymousreply 23March 22, 2024 2:58 PM

R23 wow, you are so articulate in putting across your side of the argument. I’m surprised you can even read and write.

by Anonymousreply 24March 22, 2024 3:17 PM

Coming from someone who thinks "porker" is a cogent argument? Eat my unwiped ass.

by Anonymousreply 25March 22, 2024 3:22 PM

[quote]Imagine living in a country run by Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott

Or imagine living in a country 'run by' Liz Truss and Kwasi Kwarteng. Oh, wait...

by Anonymousreply 26March 22, 2024 3:53 PM

Yeah, not remotely a Corbyn fan here, but the Truss experiment has struck dead any effective competence argument from the Tories.

by Anonymousreply 27March 22, 2024 4:14 PM

R20 no idea who Micheal Gove is, but can you link pics to this great big fat cock you speak of?

by Anonymousreply 28March 22, 2024 6:41 PM

Liz Truss and Kwasi (ex lovers) are the Tory equivalent of Diane and Jeremy (ex lovers) and both wholly unsuitable for any form of leadership.

Starmer however is wholly suited to be Prime Minister and will do a great job. David Lammy is a weak link though. So many more suitable people for foreign secretary, a role that requires tact and diplomacy, two qualities Lammy is not known for.

by Anonymousreply 29March 22, 2024 7:00 PM

Hi R28 unfortunately there are no pics, just long standing gossip like this snippet…

Michael Gove has been known among certain parliamentary colleagues as "Donkey" for years now (on account of the way that he is supposedly hung) but that nickname is clearly a little too 'thinky' for some of the journalists covering the current leadership race. They've plumped for a different nickname. The altogether less subtle "Big Dick Mick".

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2024 6:00 AM

"He's just another media whore."

Ain't that the truth

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2024 9:22 AM

[QUOTE]Not surprising that London is called out for being the most antisemitic city in the West.

Please R19 - you are more intelligent than that surely?

The Tory-backing Standard is trying to undermine Labour London Mayor Sadiq Khan in the elections coming in May in which he is expected to trounce the hopeless Tory candidate. He's a Muslim ergo London must be anti-semitic. Which is rather wonky logic, but that's the right wing for you.

by Anonymousreply 32March 24, 2024 10:54 AM

Oh R32 get a grip.

London is not just the most anti Jewish part of the UK it’s also the most anti gay. Who would have thought that migrant religious groups (not just muslims) would be hostile to European secular progressive values.

by Anonymousreply 33March 24, 2024 11:01 AM

Sure Jan R33

by Anonymousreply 34March 24, 2024 12:17 PM

r34 you know nothing. Muslims are a huge problem, they're backwards beliefs are hostile to Western societies.

by Anonymousreply 35March 24, 2024 12:24 PM

r6 I saw him in a gay bar in Liverpool during the Labour Party conference last year and its definitely arab men he lusts after.

by Anonymousreply 36March 24, 2024 12:26 PM

There was a poll out around 6 months ago on UK attitudes towards gay rights. Questions like "Same sex couples should be allowed to get married".

London had the lowest acceptance score on all of the questions.

Yes Islamic beliefs are part of it but Christianity in London is now made up of socially conservative West African group.

Remember the two homophobic stabbings in London last summer? Who were the perps? TERFs or brown lads?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37March 24, 2024 12:29 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 24, 2024 12:32 PM

You know fuck all about London or the UK, R35 - such an obvious troll/bot.

by Anonymousreply 39March 24, 2024 12:46 PM

Large swathes of the London population are anti-Semitic. Anyone arguing differently is in total denial. The hostility directed towards the Jewish community in those pro Palestine rallies we're seeing in central London every other week is testament to that.

That a London tube driver would feel an entitlement to lead pro Palestine chants tells you all you need to know about the city.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 24, 2024 1:15 PM

[quote]Large swathes of the London population are anti-Semitic. Anyone arguing differently is in total denial. The hostility directed towards the Jewish community in those pro Palestine rallies we're seeing in central London every other week is testament to that.

There is a suggestion that it's simply an "islamic" problem. The woman arrested for carrying a Swastika sign at an anti Israel demo was as white middle aged middle class as you get.

And people feeling comfortable with expressing Jew hate didn't start with October 7th. Remember when a Jeremy Corbyn supporting Labour Party member contacted a neo nazi to ask about picture she'd found on his neo nazi Facebook page? SPOILER: WHAT THE FUCK ARE LABOUR PARTY MEMBERS DOING ON NEO NAZI FACEBOOK PAGES?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 24, 2024 3:55 PM

[quote]Given the choice I’d rather have Michael Gove, at least he’s got a great big fat cock that he’s proud off and not shy in showing.

In the first place, ew. Second, the Govester is hardly likely to lead Labour, is he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 24, 2024 4:22 PM

R34 it's half of British Muslims who want to throw gay men like you in jail. People who take home tigers as pets have more common sense than you.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 24, 2024 4:57 PM

I have no truck with any religion actually R43 - I think Christians, Jews, Muslim are all as bad as each other. The quicker the human race evolves out of its dependence on religion and superstitious bollocks the better.

Sadiq Khan has often appeared at London Pride, something Boris Johnson avoided when he was mayor. Sorry to counter your non-arguments with facts.

by Anonymousreply 44March 24, 2024 5:53 PM

I’d like to be tag-teamed by Owen and his friend Michael Walker.

by Anonymousreply 45March 24, 2024 6:47 PM

[quote] Sadiq Khan has often appeared at London Pride, something Boris Johnson avoided when he was mayor.

Can you explain how that is supposed to make Jews feel better about London being the most antisemitic city in the West and about the antisemitism in the Labour Party in general?

by Anonymousreply 46March 24, 2024 6:52 PM

[quote]Sadiq Khan has often appeared at London Pride, something Boris Johnson avoided when he was mayor. Sorry to counter your non-arguments with facts.

LOL

Why just blatantly lie? A quick google search shows Boris Johnson attended the 2010 London Pride event, after being elected major in 2008.

God knows there's enough to attack Johnson on without lying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 24, 2024 8:09 PM

And here's Boris at London Pride in 2008, 2 months after winning the mayoral election.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 24, 2024 8:15 PM

R44 = voter for the 'leopards eating my face' party

by Anonymousreply 49March 25, 2024 7:55 PM

So the Tories faked up a story about London, using video from New York of commuters fleeing a suspected gun attack, which they had to hastily delete when it was spotted. Meanwhile a new crime survey showed that London is safer than anywhere else in the UK.

by Anonymousreply 50March 26, 2024 3:10 PM

Link please R50 to this survey

by Anonymousreply 51March 26, 2024 5:47 PM

For the dumb fuck who can't Google

[quote]According the Crime Survey for England and Wales, someone is actually less likely to be a victim of crime in London than they are across the country as a whole. In the capital, 14.9% of people experienced a crime either to their person or their household in the year ending September 2023, compared with 15.7% nationally.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52March 27, 2024 6:27 AM

And what kind of crime, exactly, R52?

Are you really so thick you think lumping ALL types of crime together says anything meaningful? Obviously The Guardian do, but they are hardly noted for sensible, unbiased reporting.

Knife crime has significantly increased under Khan…knife crime. Bit more of a worry that than, say, pinching a bike in Oxford 🙄

I don’t believe there’s any evidence Khan is an anti-semite or Islamist - but he is very far left & like everyone of that ilk (including a large number of smug white women) is providing cover for actual Islamism by bossily telling everyone not to be “Islamophobic” if they voice justified concerns.

He will be voted back in because of the number of Muslims in London, and we all damn well know it. He is a complete cunt who is destroying our capital city which barely has any actual English people living in it now. He belches out these ignorant platitudes about diversity being our greatest strength which is a total lie - it’s having to share our country with a culture that hates us that is tearing us apart. Another lie is that “migrants built London” - bullshit. White, working class Londoners built London - the same ones whose homes have been given away to jobless people from Somalia.

by Anonymousreply 53March 27, 2024 9:24 AM

[quote]Meanwhile a new crime survey showed that London is safer than anywhere else in the UK.

The article at R52 doesn’t claim ‘London is safer than anywhere else in the UK’. Your statement is false.

When you compare London and the rest of the UK combined then yes London has lower crime figures but there are countless parts of the UK with less crime than London.

R52 probably thinks the average of 20 and 40 is 60.

by Anonymousreply 54March 27, 2024 2:00 PM

London very safe

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55March 27, 2024 6:56 PM

No one wants to talk about Owen Jones, even in his own thread.

by Anonymousreply 56March 27, 2024 7:04 PM

Funny how the people demanding sources for claims never provide any for their own claims.

by Anonymousreply 57March 27, 2024 11:20 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!