Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Genoa City Homicidal Maniacs, Split Personalities and Newly Found Adult Children

Deaths by boredom in Genoa City are down slightly thanks to a homicidal maniac intent on destroying the Newman family. Plus, a woman with multiple personalities is drawn to a man who another of her personalities rejected.

Then there's the newly discovered long-lost adult child reunited with her parents who thought she died as a days-old infant.

Meanwhile, the battle over Chancellor Winters continues as they anxiously debate whether to add Abbott to the company name or whether to split the company into separate units.

Continue your discussion of all the Genoa City happenings here.

by Anonymousreply 214April 27, 2024 8:37 PM

Link to previous Y&R thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1March 21, 2024 12:51 AM

Today's show was....something special. But at least it was a break from Tucker/Ashley/Audra stupidity and the snoozefest at Chancellor-Winters

by Anonymousreply 2March 21, 2024 12:58 AM

Dream of the Month?

We just had an episode like this when they did "Sharon's Dream."

Who's next?

I'd suggest JaBottom's Night Sweats Vision or Chance's Morning Woody Slumber Fantasy.

by Anonymousreply 3March 21, 2024 8:29 PM

They've recast Smurf Harrison with a kid named Redding Munsell.

I'm guessing with ClairEve becoming Harrison's nanny, they needed a kid who could actually TALK.

imo - This would be a good time to start referring to the boy as "Harry." .. Also, he looks somewhat older than the photo of him in the link preview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 22, 2024 7:34 PM

Thank goodness the thread with the misspelled word is full

by Anonymousreply 5March 22, 2024 7:41 PM

I dint shee any mishpelled words in the other thead.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2024 8:23 AM

Now that he's retired to pre-school, I'm gonna miss the old, silent and creepy Harrison. Now if only Summer would actually get pregnant to make Nikki a great grandmother, that'd be just fine.

by Anonymousreply 7March 25, 2024 1:23 PM

So in Claire's dream, Nick and Sharon were still together and had never broken up, while Cassie was still alive.

But Summer was there too. Summer was the result of Nick's affair with Phyllis after Cassie's death. Somebody should tell the dream police that Claire's dream violated continuity.

by Anonymousreply 8March 25, 2024 5:21 PM

Brytni Sarpy as Elena Dawson is still listed in the show credits.

When was the last time Elena was even mentioned?

When was the last time we actually saw her?

by Anonymousreply 9March 25, 2024 5:25 PM

Elena is busy changing Jordan's bedpan. Kind of what it seems TPTB are doing to the actress. Instead we get Lily, petty ex-con who is trying to break up a family!

by Anonymousreply 10March 25, 2024 6:07 PM

Good god. Rock-on and the Bug's conversation about her becoming history's most ancient roadie was bad enough, but then they had to top it off with the beyond cringe scene of Danny setting the "scene" in his room by lighting all of those candles to seduce the bug. What straight man owns that many candles? Those two are so vomit-inducing it almost forces me to root for Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 11March 25, 2024 6:32 PM

I imagine Jordan will escape and do something to CliairEve that also involves Harrison.

That's probably why they recast the kid. No one would care if the other one didn't make it out alive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12March 25, 2024 6:51 PM

R9 A couple of weeks ago In the last thread it was said to be four months with her last appearance being sometime in early November.

by Anonymousreply 13March 25, 2024 6:56 PM

Gay Danny kept on his tank top topping Lauralee Bug, er Bell. Lauralee's dewy eyed 56 year old self looks amazing, but she's such a blank slate. Who is rooting for more airtime for these losers?

by Anonymousreply 14March 26, 2024 1:53 AM

I hope RockOn and Cricket get pregnant with a miracle, perimenopausal baby. If it's a boy, he can be called "Crocker." .. If it's a girl, "Rocket." .. In fact, let's go with twins to make up for lost time. .. Two Little Bugs for Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 15March 26, 2024 2:08 AM

Ohhh and Phyllis can kidnap them! That's a new and exciting story line!

by Anonymousreply 16March 26, 2024 2:13 AM

Don't miss Tuesday's show. Eileen Davidson is pretty entertaining. It's obvious, she's having fun with this.

by Anonymousreply 17March 26, 2024 2:47 AM

I think Eileen has got her soaps mixed up. Having multiple personalities and playing multiple characters is mostly Days of Our Lives territory.

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2024 4:05 AM

Bitch stole my act!

by Anonymousreply 19March 26, 2024 4:09 AM

I’m just glad they recast that little fuckwad Harrison. Man, I HATED that kid.

by Anonymousreply 20March 26, 2024 4:09 AM

DID onsets as a kid. She’s what? 70?

by Anonymousreply 21March 26, 2024 11:16 PM

R21 Why do I get the idea that they might be going with some kind DID or personality disorder that was caused by a past traumatic brain injury?

It just seemed SO RANDOM for them to insert that scene in back in February where we saw Ashley as a passenger in a limo that was involved in a fender bender that led to her having a flashback to the much bigger car accident she was involved in years ago (ca. 2003). That's the car accident that led to her delivering Brad's baby stillborn. .. As I recall, she was knocked unconscious for awhile in that one. .. Also, that accident led to one of the character's koo-koo mental breaks where we saw Ashley walking around town barefoot in a bathrobe, catatonic and clinging to "Robert the Blanket." .. Viewers were calling her "The Log Lady" ..lol

Ashley has been the type of character who comes and goes, so perhaps it will come out that there have been other times in her past (off camera) when she's had sporadic instances of this personality disorder, and it's only now presenting itself to a much higher and more noticeable degree. .. Ashley even revealed this week that she has a psych-doctor-friend in Paris, with Tucker questioning whether her memories of what this doctor told her about her mental state during their last session are totally clear.

by Anonymousreply 22March 27, 2024 8:50 PM

With her ability to elude police and security details, Aunt Jordan should be recruited by the CIA

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2024 9:05 PM

Jordan NoLastName is an escaped felon already facing charges in another state. No one thought about getting a court order to strap an ankle monitor on her?

by Anonymousreply 24March 30, 2024 4:19 AM

And R24 why aren't the Feds irate with Victor/Nick for not turning over a woman who burned a federal prison to the ground, killing how many other people? NO, back off FEDS Nikki might take another drink. Now the spoiler on Friday seems to indicate Jordan is in drag, ordering a drink for Nikki at Abby's restaurant. Please, please use Jordan to kill off Abby, Tessa and the wait staff in their purple shirts. GIVE US SOMETHING!!

by Anonymousreply 25March 30, 2024 12:33 PM

Lovely idea, but killing off Drabby would leave us with Duhvon attempting to act mournful.

by Anonymousreply 26March 30, 2024 1:44 PM

[quote] Now the spoiler on Friday seems to indicate Jordan is in drag, ordering a drink for Nikki at Abby's restaurant.

And dear gawd in heaven, they finally let that longtime bartender at Society have some lines!

btw - You'll get a momentary look at Uncle Jordan wearing his cartoonish drag outfit from the Halloween discount store in Monday's episode when he's seen spying on ClairEve at Crimson Lights.

by Anonymousreply 27March 30, 2024 7:43 PM

One of the spoilers says:

[quote] Nick reconnects with Lily

I wonder if Griffith has opted to listen to those viewers who wanted the show to test a Nick-Lily relationship for real ever since it aired that "alternate reality" episode back in 2016 where Nick and Lily were married and seen as Genoa's City's influential and dynamic "power couple." .. Their kiss got a lot of fraus all heated up. .. Meanwhile, the crazy Lane stans were aghast after CK put something up on her social media that seemed to promote the idea of a Nick & Lily pairing. .. Have those crazies all left by now and stopped collecting money for airplanes with banners?

But just what would a Nick & Lily supercouple be named? .. LICK?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 31, 2024 12:32 AM

R28 Long in the tooth Michelle Stafford is probably going to start smahing up the set or threaten to leave again after hearing that they're pairing Nick with Lily instead of reuniting Phick.

by Anonymousreply 29March 31, 2024 7:55 AM

She should be smashing up the set over the way they've written her as some lovestruck loon, pining over Rock-On and pressing her ear to the door while he and The Bug have sexy times.

by Anonymousreply 30March 31, 2024 2:21 PM

They’ve basically given the Staff a lot of shit to play ever since she came back 5 years ago. Griffith convinced her to return and this is how they reward her. I wouldn’t be surprised if she left the show yet again. Gina of course would tell them to fuck off if they approach her again.

by Anonymousreply 31March 31, 2024 2:54 PM

I can't believe they sacked me for this shit.

by Anonymousreply 32March 31, 2024 3:08 PM

Eileen discusses the DID story with TV-Insider.

I knew the one alter has been referred to as "Ash," but I hadn't picked up that "Ms. Abbott" was the name of the other. That seems kind of corny. And apparently, there's a third one we're about to meet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 1, 2024 8:22 AM

^ This should be good.

by Anonymousreply 34April 1, 2024 9:11 AM

Shouldn't one of Ashley's alters be a streetwalker who wants to fuck some blue collar guy who ends up falling in love with her?

They could update that plot and have that alter be on Chaturbate, agreeing to meet her biggest tipper named "Mr_Ten_Inch_Polish_Sausage."

by Anonymousreply 35April 1, 2024 7:21 PM

Jordan is secretly trans and wants to castrate Victor so that she>he can use his severed bratwurst as a strap-on to fuck Nikki's elderly alcoholic postmenopausal piggy pussy!

by Anonymousreply 36April 5, 2024 7:28 AM

The Aunt Jordan stuff has really fizzled out. ZZZzzz

During Nick and Lily's scene at the GCAC, there was a blonde woman dressed in a coral outfit sitting at the bar as a background player. .. She had the right look about her to be NuCasey Reed. .. In fact, at first I thought it was Roberta Leighton, and she'd somehow gotten her face back.

Chelsea sobbing to Billy, and Adam bitching to Sally about Miss Connor's situation might be more effective if the kid hadn't just been residing at an out-of-state boarding school for the last nine months. in fact, it was just a couple weeks ago that they wanted Connor to stay at the other school hoping the people there could work on his problem. It was he who wanted to come home. But now, they're all upset that he's gone and they won't be able to see him for awhile? They rarely visited him at the other place! .. Maybe Adam should go spend some time with his OTHER SON. .. Phone the nanny, and see if Christian can fit him in.

Speaking of Adam, he travels to Maryland to drop off Connor, so wardrobe finally dresses him in some casual clothes for a change, yet they put him in a totally-monochrome, navy blue outfit, as opposed to his typical all-black look? .. How dull.

OMG! - Such bad CGI in both the limo scene and the one with Connor sitting on the bench "outside" the school. .. Can't Y&R call someone at Sony Pictures to help with that kind of thing?

The preview has Nikki and Old Hans celebrating their "forty years" together (based o their1984 wedding anniversary). .. Does that mean they're making Victoria 42, and Nick is back to being 35? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 37April 5, 2024 8:34 PM

R37 The green screen in today's episode was indeed dreadful. Almost as bad as that episode with Summer at that concert.

by Anonymousreply 38April 5, 2024 9:20 PM

OMG R37 you're right. How old then is Noah, Summer? It also means Claire should be a late teen. How stupid this show continues to be. There is NO pacing.

by Anonymousreply 39April 5, 2024 11:28 PM

[quote] It also means Claire should be a late teen.

Claire seems to be the only Newman child who is the correct age.

Cole and Victoria lost Eve in November 1998. That was 26 years ago.

Actress Haley Erin, who plays Claire, is 29 years old.

by Anonymousreply 40April 5, 2024 11:34 PM

When they recast "Noah" with Rory Gibson, they also corrected the character's age to basically what it should be -- since Noah is supposed to be about six years younger than Mariah/Cassie, who was never SORASed with Camryn growing up in the role. . .. OldNoah, played by Robert Adamson is about four years older than Camrryn Grimes and looked it. They SORASed Noah somewhat after Cassie died.

Noah was born in 1997, so the character should be about a year older than ClairEve. I believe Gibson is 28 going on 29 this year, so that pretty much works with her character as well.

by Anonymousreply 41April 6, 2024 12:39 AM

Remember when Heather’s grandmother hit on Fen’s grandfather?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42April 6, 2024 2:03 AM

R37, In the preview for this week, it looks like Hair and Makeup slapped a loaf of Challah bread on Nikki’s head.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43April 8, 2024 4:31 PM

So I guess Ashley's third alter is a juvenile. .. Audra's like WTF? listening to this "kid" talk about "Ashley" in the third person... lol .. And the scene at the end with the mean Ms, Abbott calling her "a little brat" for what she did is funny.

This Big 40th Anniversary Party would only be "spectacular" (Nikki's word), if one of the Newmans were to actually DIE. .. Doubtful.

When they had shirtless Chance laying on his stomach on the bed to get his back massage, they should have had Summer RIP his pants off (along with his underwear) in one fell swoop. .. This soap could use a male butt shot to liven things up.

P.S. Somewhat noteworthy that CBS opted to dispense with The Squawk today and aired Y&R in its place due to the network's eclipse coverage. Signs of things to come?

by Anonymousreply 44April 8, 2024 8:41 PM

"Teenage" Ashley's (Ash) hair and makeup made her look like present day Angelyne. I'm only half invested in this semi geriatric Sybil storyline.

R44 God I hope so.

by Anonymousreply 45April 9, 2024 6:36 AM

I love Michelle Stafford - hope they do better by Phyllis than as of late.

by Anonymousreply 46April 9, 2024 8:42 AM

^Hi, Michelle!

by Anonymousreply 47April 9, 2024 9:30 AM

The Staff is an infection.

by Anonymousreply 48April 9, 2024 11:19 AM

That 70-year-old bitch has escaped custody AGAIN?

by Anonymousreply 49April 9, 2024 11:45 AM

Ashley's is the worst DID story I've ever seen on daytime.

by Anonymousreply 50April 9, 2024 5:34 PM

[quote]Ashley's is the worst DID story I've ever seen on daytime.

Well, it's Josh Griffith writing it.

by Anonymousreply 51April 9, 2024 5:46 PM

R49 the show is so fucking ridiculous it’s not even funny. One moment she’s handcuffed to a hospital bed, and then next she’s escaped. No explanation as to how. Victor can’t afford to have her monitored with security within five feet of her at all times?! We’d love to see more of that hot ass security guy. Why just have her escape from the room she’s in instead of drinking fake poison and the hospital crap? Logic went out the window with this storyline months ago.

by Anonymousreply 52April 9, 2024 5:55 PM

I love Eileen, but that bright, white light during the scene where they go inside Ashley's mind ain't doin' her any favors.

Also, Tucker's in danger? .. I like TSJ, but I've never warmed up to any version of the Tucker character. .. He could be killed off, and I wouldn't care. .. Okay, let's have his pissy son, DuhVon, get in the way and take a fatal bullet instead.

Silent Diane during the "intervention" scene is funny. .. She be like, "Do you really need me here? .. I'm missing Green Acres on MeTV."

by Anonymousreply 53April 9, 2024 7:34 PM

How does the Neal Winters Jazz Club stay open? You don't have to worry about a crowded dance floor. No doubt this will be the locale for the VicNikki anniversary, so Aunt/Uncle Jordan is bound to show up. She won't have to worry about cops or security to be around.

by Anonymousreply 54April 9, 2024 8:21 PM

Who had DID on Passions? I’m trying to recall.

Passions was craptastic!

by Anonymousreply 55April 9, 2024 10:12 PM

Doesn’t Victoria miss Nate’s bbc?

by Anonymousreply 56April 10, 2024 2:49 AM

I know Nichols is locked into Days and couldn't return but I think another reason Tucker was de-aged by 20 years was to make Eileen feel a younger sexy cougar.

Just like Bergman insisting that he wouldn't revisit the Keemo storyline unless the character was killed off. In real life Philip Moon was only 8 years younger than Peter and I'm sure he didn't take too well to that.

At least his ego isn't as massive as Braeden's where Victor is ALWAYS written as a Karma Houdini, a stud muffin and Rocky Balboa all in one despite being 85.

by Anonymousreply 57April 10, 2024 5:44 AM

Another thing that makes me laugh, Sinuitis Nikki boozing it up every 5 minutes and popping a mint in her mouth before she kisses the Gargoyle or talks to anyone. Unless she uses about 5 Altoids, that ain't covering shit up.

by Anonymousreply 58April 10, 2024 11:27 AM

It's also funny Nikki can't wait until she can hide in a bathroom stall before boozing.

by Anonymousreply 59April 10, 2024 11:41 AM

Instead of "Aunt Jordan, Escape Artist," they really missed a great chance by not letting her be free on a technicality. I'm sure she could land a job at Chancellor-Winters. They're hiring!

by Anonymousreply 60April 10, 2024 2:15 PM

R53 I won't be surprised if Susan Walters exits before 2025 due to Diane now being regulated to the background and her departure storyline is Diane reverting to her old personality and leaving town or faking her death again.

Y&R and Bold and the Beautiful are two of the biggest offenders when it comes to secondary and tertiary characters disappearing from the canvas because all of the main focus is the Abbotts and the Newmans.

by Anonymousreply 61April 10, 2024 4:10 PM

Diane is pretty boring without Phyllis there to cause trouble.

Meanwhile, I've enjoyed Cricket more in the past few months than I have since Eva Longoria tried to kill her in the bathtub. Enjoying her more because Phyllis is there causing trouble for her.

by Anonymousreply 62April 10, 2024 5:37 PM

Reformed Diane is boring, especially paired with beyond boring Aunt Jack. Phyllis just seems more sad than anything else these days.

by Anonymousreply 63April 10, 2024 6:29 PM

WHET Sharon Collins Newman Abbott McCall McAvoy Rosales?

by Anonymousreply 64April 10, 2024 6:30 PM

She was on the fantasy episode with Claire a week or so ago, but that’s been it for a long time. I’m really not missing Sharon either in this capacity. She has her own company now, but you still see her at the coffee house a lot. . So they’ve dropped something promising to do with her. JG really sucks as a show runner.

by Anonymousreply 65April 10, 2024 6:57 PM

Eileen needs to go back to Days.

by Anonymousreply 66April 10, 2024 8:29 PM

Had to laugh during the Audra's scene with Sally, when Sally said, "That's not normal behavior for Ashley."

Sally obviously doesn't know anything about Ashley's long history of mental illness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67April 10, 2024 8:34 PM

R64, You’re missing a second “Newman” from her brief marriage to Victor.

by Anonymousreply 68April 10, 2024 9:25 PM

R68 Let's not forget Sharon was also married to Adam Newman. The ones to Victor would actually be her third and fourth to a Newman, but I think both of Victor's were either ruled invalid and/or annulled.

by Anonymousreply 69April 11, 2024 12:42 AM

R69, But, was her marriage to Victor consummated?

by Anonymousreply 70April 11, 2024 12:56 AM

The crazy sl where Sharon wed a jailed Victor, and then ran Newman were the truly last time I enjoyed this show.It was nuts. Jack and Nikki re-wed and she ditched him before their honeymoon to search for Victor, who fell off a horse or something and ended up in a L.A. mission home with nun Bonnie Franklin. Yeah, sounds crazy. Sharon's lack of business skills, working with and lusting after Adam.

by Anonymousreply 71April 11, 2024 6:05 AM

R70 As I recall, they did have sex, but strangely, not during either of the times when they were actually married. It happened in between the two annulled unions.

The first time they married, Victor was in prison and the warden performed the ceremony. The marriage was just a strategy of Victor's so that Sharon (as his wife) could vote his proxy at Newman board meetings. It was an arrangement, and there was already talk of annulment before Victor was even released.

In between that annulment and Victor and Sharon's second marriage, we had Adam marrying Chelsea and Nikki marrying Jack. That left Sharon and Victor flying solo and they started to see each other as friends-companions first, but this led to more, including sex. Ewwwwwwwwwww.

But by the time Victor whisked Sharon off to Vegas for a quickie wedding, Sharon was already showing signs of what would eventually be diagnosed as her bipolar disorder. The newlyweds didn't stay in Vegas for a honeymoon and flew back to The Ranch, with Victor wanting to go horseback riding. They both went out, but Sharon rode back alone, and there was no Victor. As R71 explains, Victor apparently fell and injured his head, just disappeared, and somehow ended up in L.A. working at the mission with Sister Celeste (Bonnie Franklin). Sharon thought Victor had abandoned her and was now dumping her, because of a text message that Nikki sent Sharon from Victor's phone.

Tucker was advising Sharon during this time and so her bit of power as "Mrs. Victor Newman" went to her head. She lied and said she'd never seen or signed the pre-nup that Avery had drawn up for Victor to have Sharon sign. (Sharon destroyed it). When Victor finally reappeared he was pissed off at Sharon's behavior and had her arrested for fraud among other things. Part of dropping the charges against her would be that would she would sign the annulment papers.

by Anonymousreply 72April 11, 2024 8:15 AM

From today’s cable guide . . .

Sharon receives a distress call from Jack.

by Anonymousreply 73April 11, 2024 11:03 AM

R70 "Consummation" related to Victor and Sharon wouldn't really matter, because in the eyes of the Church, Sharon is still married to Nicholas Newman.

And as for Victor, he's still married to his first wife, Julia, but we might be able to make a case for granting an annulment there, since Julia was only 16-years-old when that marriage occurred, and there seemed to be an element of coercion involved -- having something to do with Julia's father having just died, thereby leaving her parentless and in need of a legal guardian.. .. Although, if the Church goes ahead and grants that, then Victor would have to increase the amount of money he said he'd provide to build a new church, since that's what he promised God he'd do, if Julia survived the miscarriage that Victor caused resulting in her being at death's door. .. Well, God came though, but we're still waiting on Victor's check!

Please note: Nothing between Victor and Nikki Reed Foster is recognized, since as far we're concerned, she and Greg remain in the bonds of Holy Matrimony. .. And Greg is the only one who hasn't committed adultery here -- or so we can assume -- since he's never remarried. However, since I'm not his confessor, I'm not privy to whether he's ever committed fornication or has had any lustful thoughts regarding that hot male paralegal in his law office who belongs to Dignity USA. (What a pain in the ass that group is!)

by Anonymousreply 74April 11, 2024 12:33 PM

They should have had Ashley think she was still married to Victor and have her try to kill Nicki :-)

by Anonymousreply 75April 11, 2024 4:20 PM

Anyone ever notice how that exterior shot of the Abbott house that they insert is totally off? .. While the front door looks right, there's always been a long wall to the left as you enter. Similarly, there should be a room on the other side of the front, since you can see the door to it once you're in the living room. At one point, when Dina was getting ill, she'd sometimes come and go from that room instead of going upstairs.

In other scenes, Sharon's NuFace hasn't settled in yet, and JaBottom's pompadour is now higher than Liberace's!

by Anonymousreply 76April 11, 2024 7:08 PM

I don't think we ever saw the room on the left. Unlike with the Chancellor Estate the room to the left of the front doors did appear in the early years. It is especially noticeable when Brenda Dickson's Jill escorts a drunken Katherine home from her salon and starts walking around admiring everything. It was merely another sitting room. The set was barely used and vanished just like The Colonnade did.

by Anonymousreply 77April 11, 2024 10:12 PM

R77 The room to the left as you entered the Chancellor Estate is/was the dining room. If the doors to it were left open, it would occasionally "look different" because according to the production designer (Bill Hultstrom) the room wasn't a permanent set, and they had at least two versions they'd use. .. He said one was the "compact version." This set wasn't very deep but looked okay as seen from the main living room set; while the other "complete version" of it would be put up when they were actually going to use the room to eat in. My first VIVID memory of that room was a scene where Jeff the Stableboy looked like he was going to fuck The Old Battleaxe right there on the dining room table. .. Cut to commercial.

I remember a long time ago, they actually did show what was supposed to be the room to the left as you entered the Abbott house. This is the only instance I can think of. The room was sometimes referred to as John's office. In this scene, DuhBilly told his buddy ROWL that they could go in there and watch videos or do some gayming, and that John wouldn't mind. We briefly saw them doing that on a leather sofa.

by Anonymousreply 78April 12, 2024 12:21 AM

ROWL! What a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 79April 12, 2024 12:32 AM

Someone mentioned this a while ago, but I think a school shooter storyline with Adam and whatsherface's kid would be interesting. Maybe not full-on shooting but finding crazy-ass art or journal entries indicating he's having dark thoughts. A little morbid but at least it's SOMETHING.

That may be more GH's opportunity with their messed-up mob and hitman fathered chilruns.

by Anonymousreply 80April 12, 2024 11:39 AM

R78 Left and right changes depending on which side of the front door you're on and you are indeed right. But the room across from the dining room (where the cake fight occurred) was another sitting room.

by Anonymousreply 81April 12, 2024 2:40 PM

CBS has canceled The Talk. This leaves an hour of programming open in CBS's daytime schedule come January.

Likely the new black soap opera The Gates will be a prime contender to get that time slot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82April 12, 2024 6:26 PM

Right. .. Because we always bring our annoying 5-year old to a late-evening anniversary party to be the only kid running around the place? .. and repeating that Victor & Nikki are Harrison's "great grandparents" .. Those two are probably like, "Harrison, WHO?"

Laughing over Nicholas and Victoria patting themselves on the back for "pulling this all together." .. What did Victoria do, call up the GCAC and reserve the Jazz Club (which the Newmans built) and order a box of champagne and one bottle of sparkling water for Nikki? .. I didn't even see chips and salsa?. .. And entertainment? .. I'm waiting for Tessa to show up and croon a tune.

Larry the Bodyguard just disappeared?! .. Maybe he got bored and decided to go check out the action in the men's steamroom.

Give him a top hat and Chrissy looks dressed to be the emcee at a drag show.

I did like that they had Traci fill Billy in on Ashley's history with mental problems. .. This could have taken up half the show, though, with numerous flashbacks. .. There's been at least four or five times when she's gone bonkers (all Eileen - they never played psych issues with Brenda or that 'other one').

by Anonymousreply 83April 12, 2024 7:55 PM

[quote] agreeing to meet her biggest tipper named "Mr_Ten_Inch_Polish_Sausage."

Wait, is Grant Aleksander coming to Genoa City?

by Anonymousreply 84April 12, 2024 7:57 PM

R84 That would be some suspension of disbelief required for someone like Grant to have to resort to using Chaturbate!

by Anonymousreply 85April 12, 2024 8:21 PM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 12, 2024 8:50 PM

Re. the Abbott house I'm assuming left and right are from the perspective of entering the front door and facing the staircase so right is the living room and left... the last time I saw it, it was a yellowy organge hallway. There was a door right inside the double doors, to the left (facing the double doors) and if you turned right, you went down another length of hallway (that may have entered the kitchen?) I recall this because Phyllis (played by the marvellous and talented Gina) and Jack had a screaming fight where they pursued each other all around the house, screaming and I remember thinking why build a set for a shot like that when they cheaped out replacing the see through dining room pocket door with the standard double doors they could just close so they wouldn't have to dress/light the dining room for a background shot.

by Anonymousreply 87April 12, 2024 9:08 PM

Eric Braeden has told fans he is cancer free... so we can look forward to years more of Nikki and VictoR!

by Anonymousreply 88April 13, 2024 2:39 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 13, 2024 2:40 AM

Cancer always returns.

by Anonymousreply 90April 13, 2024 5:59 AM

Has Miss Connor been replaced by Miss Harrison?

The kid's obsessed with his "Lucky Bunny Charm."

by Anonymousreply 91April 13, 2024 6:35 AM

With all that security at the party, no one questioned someone lurking in the doorway all evening?

by Anonymousreply 92April 13, 2024 7:20 AM

R92 Jordan was doing a perfect impression of a lawn jockey. Since tons of rich people used to have them on their front lawns she blended in quite well.

by Anonymousreply 93April 13, 2024 11:02 AM

. . .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94April 13, 2024 11:13 AM

R92 Jordan could walk in without her disguise with a big sign around her neck, and Victor, the Newmans and their security detail would still find a way to fuck everything up.

by Anonymousreply 95April 13, 2024 12:13 PM

Shouldn’t Sharon and Mariah have been invited to the party?

by Anonymousreply 96April 13, 2024 1:18 PM

Sharon is not married to Nick anymore, and I’m sure Victor and Nikki couldn’t care less about Mariah, so no.

by Anonymousreply 97April 13, 2024 2:13 PM

Sharon is the mother of their grandchildren and she has been married to an assortment of Newmans.

by Anonymousreply 98April 13, 2024 3:47 PM

R98 so is Phyllis, but she wasn’t there either. This was a celebration for Victor and Nikki. Sharon has a slightly better relationship with Victor and Nikki than Phyllis, but not enough to be there.

by Anonymousreply 99April 13, 2024 4:59 PM

Well Victor continues to do hire the most shitty security firm in the world. Jordan knowing Summer doesn't like Claire somehow managed to sneak in, kidnap Harrison and frame Claire for it.

In spite of the fact that Jordan is obviously the culprit the writers will use arbitrary skepticism and make Summer blame Claire. Just like they just did for Bold and the Beautiful where everyone seems to have forgotten that Sugar exists (or rather used to exist now that she's clearly the one who Steffy killed) or that Sheila has faked her death many times before.

by Anonymousreply 100April 13, 2024 9:17 PM

Has the show explained why Summer doesn't like Claire?

by Anonymousreply 101April 13, 2024 9:45 PM

R101 Based on ClairEve's past behavior, Dummer thinks her new cousin is too nuts to be trusted.

When Victor gave Summer "the unvarnished truth" of what happened in Oregon, Dummer thought she should still be in prison, learning that the only way she got out of the psych ward was because of Michael's legal maneuvering. Summer doesn't care if ClairEve is trying to build a new life, she just doesn't want her doing that around "her son" Harrison.

by Anonymousreply 102April 13, 2024 10:06 PM

How do we get Thad Luckinbill back?

by Anonymousreply 103April 14, 2024 6:33 PM

R103 Begs the question, what was that non-story about Elena wanting to get back at Boretoria, because of her affair with Nate, which had Elena trying to make contact with J.T. to bring him to town??? .. Elena was acting as some kind of medical podcast interviewer and tracked J.T. down after he'd been released from prison. She used the ruse that she wanted to interview him about his brain tumor. .. They even featured Luckinbill when Elena got J.T. to answer her call via Skype. .. But he didn't want to get involved, yet that didn't seem to put an end to Elena's plan. .. Then, NOTHING. .. That story must be dead, because Victoria and Nate aren't even together any longer. .. And by the first week of May, it will be six months since we've seen Elena. .. Why is she still listed on contract?

by Anonymousreply 104April 14, 2024 11:31 PM

I’d love to have Thad Luckinbill back, but they destroyed his character by rewriting his history (as an abuser, which he never was the first time around). They did the same thing with Thom Bierdz’ Phillip. He’s back and and now gay. That just seemed so far fetched when we saw him in the 80s in love with Cricket.

by Anonymousreply 105April 15, 2024 12:03 AM

R71, I still remember Sharon being a boss bitch and spewing the immortal line: “Until Victor Newman returns, I AM Victor Newman!”

My mother was really into Y&R at the time, so I had a nightshirt made for her with those words emblazoned across the back.

by Anonymousreply 106April 15, 2024 1:11 AM

R105 Per Luckinbill, the only thing that attracted him to coming back that time 'round was that he was going to get to play edgy-bad. .. And if viewers were paying attention, it had been telegraphed that something was physically wrong with him to cause his aggressive-abusive behavior. .. Plus, they went full-circle at the end when JT had his surgery to cure his problem, and he returned to his honorable "good-guy" self by not dragging things out in a court where he could have pleaded not guilty and tried to argue that he was some kind of victim of his own medical problem. .. Instead, JT pleaded guilty and took his jail sentence like man. .. Twinks in lockup were anxiously awaiting his arrival!

by Anonymousreply 107April 15, 2024 1:58 AM

NuHarrison is adorable, as is his little burnt orange dinner jacket.

by Anonymousreply 108April 15, 2024 4:48 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 15, 2024 8:12 PM

Vicky Rowell and her new hat and wig must be chafing at the bit!

by Anonymousreply 110April 15, 2024 8:39 PM

I'm sure Victoria Rowell and Debbie Morgan are angling to be the matriarchs of the two main families.

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2024 6:20 PM

Today’s episode was one of the best in a while.

Have to hand it to Allison Lanier, she killed it today.

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2024 6:20 PM

TGVN slowly rises from his chair, shakes his elderly finger, and mumbles, "I'm gonna get that woman .. once and for all .. I've had enough of this nonsense!"

Go GoatDaddy !!

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2024 7:20 PM

Oh really R112, How does 70 year old Jordan manage all her evil deeds? She hijacked the Abbott's florist (who drops off flowers in the evenings?). I miss the old catatonic Harrison, imagine that child actor playing scenes with Colleen's psycho character.

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2024 7:21 PM

R114, I meant the pace, the acting, the entire hour devoted to one storyline in real time, etc., not the credibility.

by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2024 7:39 PM

What drugs or medication was Ashley sedated with in order to be able to sleep through all of that commotion?

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2024 7:56 PM

R114 TPTB realized they had to recast Harrison for this story, because the majority of viewers would have been pulling for Aunt Jordan to dispense with the last one by lighting his hair on fire to see if he could talk.

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2024 8:08 PM

OMG .. Two new sets on Wednesday. ... They've resurrected the Abbott terrace. No pool seen, but they're pretty accurate with the way the brick and windows looked from olden times. btw - When sponsor Aunt Jack takes a disheveled Nikki out to the terrace to talk privately, the two go there by heading through the doorway on the other side of the front door, which was just talked about above, R78, R87. They then turn right. .. And we also get to see Harrison's bedroom and the upstairs hallway that leads to it.

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2024 9:30 PM

R112 She killed all right...ME. I like the actor--b/c she's dating the drummer from LeTigre--in small doses but the "Summer hour" was too much and showed her limitations.

by Anonymousreply 119April 17, 2024 12:04 PM

I liked her yesterday. I’ll always be grateful Hunter King is no longer playing Summer, just as I always take a moment to appreciate the fact that I no longer have to suffer through the bleating and great facial pain Heather Tom brought to the role of Victoria.

by Anonymousreply 120April 17, 2024 12:39 PM

Lighten up, R119.

Allison did an admirable job for the full hour on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 121April 17, 2024 12:47 PM

The walking overbite as Victoria is no great shakes.

by Anonymousreply 122April 17, 2024 2:33 PM

R122, Amelia acts with her hair.

by Anonymousreply 123April 17, 2024 2:38 PM

Since she's approaching the twenty year mark is it perhaps time to accept she's got the part?

by Anonymousreply 124April 17, 2024 2:41 PM

Yes, dear, but she's still a terrible actress who badly needs to run to Sephora and purchase a hair brush.

by Anonymousreply 125April 17, 2024 6:47 PM

R125, Then, how do you explain her multiple Daytime Emmy Awards?

by Anonymousreply 126April 17, 2024 7:47 PM

I think Heinle is a good actress. It’s the character of Victoria whos as insufferable as fuck, and Heinle sells it. Probably not in the same league as Tom, who has three times as many Emmys. I always think of Tom as one of those actors, who if a director asked to cry out of one eye, she would ask which one. But she seems more interested in directing than acting nowadays. I seriously doubt she would ever come back to YR, unless Heinle voluntarily left. And even then.

by Anonymousreply 127April 17, 2024 7:57 PM

After 20 years I'm okay with Amelia in the role, and it's been so long, I actually don't even envision Tom playing the the role any longer. .. Plus, I'm not as enthusiastic about Miss Heather's acting as I once was.

I think Heinle's done quite well in certain stories, especially the abuse story with J.T. and the more recent Lifetime movie-like "woman in danger" arc with Ashland Locke. .. Added to that, the character of Victoria is getting to an age where they should begin playing her more as a mother involved in the lives of her adult children (ClairEve and Reed, whom they should recast) and those of her soon-to-be teenagers (Johnny and Katie) more. .. Heinle seems like she'll be able to do that well.

by Anonymousreply 128April 17, 2024 8:17 PM

She was terrific in the Delia's death stuff. That was a high point for that cast generally.

by Anonymousreply 129April 17, 2024 8:19 PM

She's a wonderful actress, r125. Every now and then, I say a little prayer of gratitude that we get to look at and listen to her instead of the previous actress, the one who suffers from PSS, which made watching her unbearable. Just unbearable.

by Anonymousreply 130April 17, 2024 8:19 PM

You are really using Daytime Emmy’s as some kind of yardstick? Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 131April 17, 2024 9:28 PM

R131, You would prefer the Soap Opera Digest Awards?

by Anonymousreply 132April 17, 2024 9:43 PM

They have about as much relevance

by Anonymousreply 133April 17, 2024 11:20 PM

Bring back Brenda Dickson as Jill! She lives closer by and Jess has been literally phoning or skyping it in these days.

by Anonymousreply 134April 18, 2024 2:23 PM

Amelia’s been successful in nabbing two hot husbands, Michael Weatherly and Thad Luckinbill.

by Anonymousreply 135April 18, 2024 2:33 PM

I’ll have what she’s having…

by Anonymousreply 136April 18, 2024 11:37 PM

Saw the Daytime Emmy preview. Hans and The Stafford got noms for Lead. ZZZzzz

Nice to see "Neighbours" added to the list of Dramas, now that it's produced by Amazon.

More to follow Friday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137April 19, 2024 7:12 AM

Poor Mel. All that drunk work and no nom. Her peers say it all. She's no worse than Stafford, who is like watching an out of control garden hose.

by Anonymousreply 138April 19, 2024 8:36 AM

That’s a great description of Stafford’s acting these days, r138. Her acting coach must be a Water Wiggle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139April 19, 2024 12:14 PM

That is perpetually her style. Why they fired Gina I'll never know.

by Anonymousreply 140April 19, 2024 12:20 PM

R138, Would Mel’s drunken storyline be eligible for this year or next year?

by Anonymousreply 141April 19, 2024 12:52 PM

Nicki's flask should get a nomination

by Anonymousreply 142April 19, 2024 2:41 PM

GAWD all this boring talk about Jordan this and Jordan that, and the plot moves at a snail's pace. How many times can Icktor same the same thing about getting that bitch and setting a trap? And c'mon Dummer....you'd rather have Chance mounting you than having that mouthy kid back.

by Anonymousreply 143April 19, 2024 6:00 PM

R141 Both. The story with Jordan started in late 2023. All the stuff with Nikki kidnapped and being held in Oregon happened last year, so that would be eligible for a nomination with the awards that were just announced. But I'd say, most of MTS's work playing drunk (her supposed forte) has aired during 2024, so that would be eligible for next year (2025). The work submitted runs on the calendar year:

[quote] Series and Specials (depending on the category), and their related craft achievements, must have originally aired or been made generally available for viewing, by at least 50% of the US households between the dates of January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023.

by Anonymousreply 144April 19, 2024 7:42 PM

What about Zenk in Guest Performer? The writing is shit, but she leaned all the way in, and deserves it as much as (if not more than) Mills did last year.

by Anonymousreply 145April 19, 2024 8:10 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if they were indifferent to Mel’s work come next year. One nomination in over 40 years pretty much sums up how they feel about Scott, and she’s had better material in the past. You know Eileen is going after another nomination with her storyline. I don’t think it’s that compelling, It plays as pretty ridiculous right now, but Eileen is respected, so she will probably get in. Hans hasn’t submitted any reels in the last 20 years. I guess they convinced him somehow this year to do it.

by Anonymousreply 146April 19, 2024 8:10 PM

R145 she didn’t get a nomination.

by Anonymousreply 147April 19, 2024 8:11 PM

Yes, Captain Obvious, I know. I'm curious why not.

by Anonymousreply 148April 19, 2024 8:12 PM

R148 um. Maybe because the storyline sucks, and Zenk is overrated playing this silly character that isn’t even believable in the soap world.

by Anonymousreply 149April 19, 2024 8:19 PM

From next week's preview:

OMG. How funny if they actually played Danny with Traci. .. RockOn's original fan club beard! .. He then married Traci to prevent her from "suffering the shame" of being an unwed mother after she got knocked up with Professor Tim Sullivan's baby. .. Danny moved into the Abbott house to cohabitate with his bride. .. RealJack used to call him "Danny Ravioli."

So does Ashley have another alter? .. ED's "accent" in that brief clip didn't sound that great. .. Was it supposed to Texan? Southern? Some kind of catch-all floozy speak?

Jordan should maybe be afraid of Nikki. Her kill count is one of the highest in Genoa City. .. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Harrison do it. Have him drop an ACME anvil on Jordan or something, which would be an appropriate ending to this CARTOON.

by Anonymousreply 150April 19, 2024 8:28 PM

I am shocked that Kate Linder didn't get a nomination in the Guest Performer category for her arc on B&B !!

Is Kate holding out for LEAD where she truly belongs?

by Anonymousreply 151April 19, 2024 8:34 PM

Supporting Actor: Bryton James as Devon Winters, “The Young and the Restless” (CBS)

Dear Gawd in Heaven.

by Anonymousreply 152April 19, 2024 8:38 PM

Josh Griffith could be out next.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153April 19, 2024 10:49 PM

Next week’s preview has Nikki alone on a loading dock that looks like it was borrowed from B&B.

by Anonymousreply 154April 19, 2024 11:01 PM

Summer could have given Chance a hummer in the Abbott living room before they left for the Newman ranch.

by Anonymousreply 155April 19, 2024 11:03 PM

Sony's two daytime soap operas can easily be rolled into someone else's division.

Ever since Days got picked up by Peacock, it seems like Sony's taken a step back. Peacock saved the show, so it seems like what they say goes. .. And Sony just renewed the licensing contract for Y&R for another four years, so the budget there seems set until 2028.

What do they really need Steve Kent for? He's had the job for going on 18 years. He's the perfect example of the old-school "Peter Principle," which holds that every manager rises in the hierarchy through promotion until they reach a level of incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 156April 19, 2024 11:21 PM

[quote]Josh Griffith could be out next.

Who is there to replace Josh as either HW or EP?

by Anonymousreply 157April 20, 2024 12:30 AM

Christopher Cousins has been cast on The Young and the Restless as ALAN LAURENT, a psychiatrist and friend of Ashley’s (Eileen Davidson) from her time in Paris. She referred to him quite often when talking with Traci (Beth Maitland). Look for the actor to appear in multiple episodes starting on Tuesday, April 30.

I doubt they'll style him like this, though...lol.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158April 20, 2024 1:21 AM

R157 That would be amazing as long as they don't bring back Maria Arena Bell, Jill Farren Phelps or Mal Young to replace him.

by Anonymousreply 159April 21, 2024 3:04 AM

The former gh team is free as well r157.

by Anonymousreply 160April 21, 2024 3:38 AM

[quote] Josh Griffith could be out next.

Not sure I see that.

Having just given Y&R a four-year pick-up, CBS seems satisfied with what Griffith is churning out. Plus, going forward in the near term, Reisenbach's main focus in the daypart will probably be getting "The Gates" up and running and trying to make that a success when it replaces The Talk.

And SPE expressed its confidence in Griffith when they appointed him true showrunner following Morina's ouster. They primarily care about cutting production overhead, and Griffith's done that for them by streamlining the soap's writing model. Plus, his connection to Sony goes beyond his writing gigs at Y&R and Days - having worked on three other serial dramas for them in the past. And recall, he was not fired from Y&R in 2013. Griffith quit on his own, because he didn't get along with Jill Fuckin' Phelps.

Griffith may not be the greatest, but he's hardly the worst this show has had, and I certainly wouldn't replace him with any of the has-beens from GH or Days.

by Anonymousreply 161April 21, 2024 8:34 PM

R161 Everything you stated is true, however there was the whole "Steve Kent's keeping him employed" factor when there were calls to fire him, based on their longstanding friendship. Although with CBS focused on The Gates and Y&R still atop of the ratings, even further ahead than B&B than usual, he could be safe.

by Anonymousreply 162April 21, 2024 9:32 PM

R157 LMAO that would be a disaster.

by Anonymousreply 163April 21, 2024 9:34 PM

R160 That would probably be an even bigger disaster.

by Anonymousreply 164April 21, 2024 9:34 PM

Shemar Moore is open to the idea of returning to Y&R:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 21, 2024 9:38 PM

Meg Bennett (ex-Julia Newman) has passed away.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 21, 2024 10:47 PM

Moore is only interested in recurring not contract. Still, Davidson is only recurring and she’s been on a lot. Bring back Moore I say and finally fire Bryton James and his shit attitude character once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 167April 21, 2024 10:52 PM

R167 I think Shemar is only interested because he knows SWAT is on thin ice with CBS, so he wants to have a soft landing back in daytime. He'd probably even show interest in The Gates.

by Anonymousreply 168April 21, 2024 11:16 PM

R166, that’s sad. I always really liked her as Julia. Thanks for posting.

by Anonymousreply 169April 21, 2024 11:30 PM

Very sad. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 170April 22, 2024 12:34 AM

Dying at 75 isn’t exactly tragic.

by Anonymousreply 171April 22, 2024 12:59 AM

The Gates would probably love to feature Shemar in an arc in order to get his 4.3 million "Baby Girls" on instagram to tune in. .. That soap or Y&R may have to wait, though, since SWAT got renewed for another season just 10 days ago.

by Anonymousreply 172April 22, 2024 6:02 AM

Did Aunt Mammy croak?

by Anonymousreply 173April 22, 2024 9:40 AM

Did Jill croak?

When was the last time we saw her, even via a FaceTime call or teleconference link?

by Anonymousreply 174April 22, 2024 5:13 PM

Today!

by Anonymousreply 175April 22, 2024 5:14 PM

Kudos to Chance for having a brain and walking out on the Newman/Abbott crazy train. He deserves better than that whining bannshee Summer.

by Anonymousreply 176April 22, 2024 6:15 PM

They actually give Jill a good anti-DuhVon zinger in Monday's episode.

She's zooming the Chancellor-Winters board meeting, and when things turn disagreeable over DuhVon's stealth attempt to add Nate to the board, Jill pointedly asks:

"Alright Devon, how long has that bombshell been percolating in that little brain of yours?"

And some Board we have here. It consists of: Lily, Devon, Jill, Billy and Blabby. So much for any real outside oversight.

by Anonymousreply 177April 22, 2024 7:37 PM

When are Chance and Kyle going to fuck?

by Anonymousreply 178April 22, 2024 8:09 PM

R177 with her recent investment I would thought Aunt Mamie would have been on the board before Nate.

Another question - is the old company that Phillip Chancellor ran in 1974?

by Anonymousreply 179April 22, 2024 8:24 PM

[quote]When are Chance and Kyle going to fuck?

Kyle can have him after his dickprint dries on my hole.

by Anonymousreply 180April 22, 2024 8:48 PM

Chance would just be having my sloppy seconds.

by Anonymousreply 181April 22, 2024 8:59 PM

R179 Yes, the origin of the Chancellor part of "Chancellor-Winters" is supposed to be Ye Olde Chancellor Plant that we saw PC2 running when Kay and Phillip first showed up.

We learned during Bill Bell's gawd awful Rainbow Gardens story (1994) that the company was started by PC2's grandfather, Garfield Dandridge Chancellor, not long after the Civil War. It sounded like the business started as the local mill, which put the newly-founded Genoa City on the map. .. Eventually, it got into manufacturing "something" providing many jobs in the area. We'd occasionally hear the machines running in the background when they'd show Phillip in his office talking to plant janitress, Liz Foster. .. I always imagined Chancellor was supposed to be like the real-life Kimberly-Clark, started up in in Neenah, Wisconsin in the 1870s. Big on Kleenex and Kotex... lol.

During the Big 80s, Chancellor Industries started to become like a lot of soap opera companies -- just some big conglomerate that could get involved in anything and everything as the story needed. .. Also, it's a myth that Kay was any kind of talented businesswoman. .. She always has someone else running the company for her and could hardly be bothered signing paperwork related to the business when attorney Mitchell Sherman would show up with his briefcase. .. Even as late as 2004, she had Eliot Hampton (Michael Nouri) running Chancellor and paid so little attention to the business that it was Jill who had to figure out that Eliot was bamboozling The Old Battleaxe.

by Anonymousreply 182April 22, 2024 9:20 PM

Conner Floyd looked so hot today in that scene with Summer in front of the green screen.

by Anonymousreply 183April 22, 2024 10:51 PM

R182, thanks for reminding me about the history of Chancellor. I remember Liz Foster working there, but I thought it was a cannery.

by Anonymousreply 184April 22, 2024 11:50 PM

R184 It's possible that it could have been a cannery, but I remember it being referred to as the "Chancellor Plant." I'm not sure that goes along with a cannery operation. And the memory about Garfield and "the mill" is pretty clear. I think that's why I got the idea about it being something like Kimberly-Clark, which grew its paper mill operation into a big consumer products products business. .. Also, by the early '80s when Derek Thurston and Judy Wilson were plotting some kind of takeover, it didn't seem like a cannery; it seemed more like an extensive business. So too when Victor arrived to oversee operations on Kay's behalf around that same time. -jmho

by Anonymousreply 185April 23, 2024 1:25 AM

Mamie's wig on Tuesday should probably get its own screen credit. Maybe she could give a few of those curls to DuhVon to tape to the top of his head.

by Anonymousreply 186April 23, 2024 3:08 AM

Thanks R182 - that brings back a lot of what I thought. When the show went to an hour in 1980 I recall Kay putting Derek in a position of power, and Loyita Chapel(Bob Woods' wife) playing a secretary or something. I always thought she looked like Jan Smithers. They built a couple of nice corporate office sets for Chancellor, when they had a huge budget.

by Anonymousreply 187April 23, 2024 6:29 AM

Nikki pacing around dumpsters on some Television City loading dock and just yelling to herself is not must-see TV.

This latest incarnation of "Ashley" is a little too fake. .. Wouldn't the bartender call GCAC security to remove this loud, annoying woman who looks like a 60-year old hooker from the Jazz Club? .. And what time is it? .. Daniel is buying Summer breakfast rolls. .. Would the Jazz Club (with piano player, no less) even be open at this hour of the day? .. This scene may have worked better at that dive bar Seth and Jordan were seen at. .. Of course, if they allow floozies to troll the Jazz Club, perhaps that means you can find rentboys cruising the steamroom as well.

Scene of the Day: NuHarrison flinging the peanut butter sandwich across the room. .. But wait! Jordan can't afford decent takeout for the kid, but she can afford to get her nails done and buy fake eyelashes and sparkly eyeshadow? .. And Jordan just takes off leaving Harrison in the motel room alone? .. I guess that's why they had JaBottom show up almost immediately to save him, because this kid is definitely old enough to venture out of the room to look for help. .. That may have been a more "suspenseful" result: 6-year old walking the "mean streets" of Genoa City by himself, complete with more bad CGI.

by Anonymousreply 188April 24, 2024 7:23 PM

LOL R188! Eileen's acting today was the WORST I've seen since Kim Zimmer vamping it up as early Reva on GL. She will probably get an Emmy though! Yee GADS!

by Anonymousreply 189April 24, 2024 7:31 PM

Are they going to kill Danny Ravioli offscreen? That goodbye with Tracy was very final.

by Anonymousreply 190April 24, 2024 8:03 PM

*Traci

by Anonymousreply 191April 24, 2024 8:04 PM

They just need a reason to have Traci act all verklempt.

Fraus really go for that.

by Anonymousreply 192April 24, 2024 8:26 PM

I guess RockOn is going on his tour, so bye to Danny. Good luck with your case Bug. Hope it keeps you warm at night. For some reason, Eileen reminded me of a bad rendition of Jessica Lange in Blue Sky with her southern floozy today. Annoying af. And what happened to Claire? Maybe she’s still unconscious in the bathroom? I guess Zenk may be gone now, unless Jordan escapes for the 87th time. Entirely possible with the Newmans and Aunt Jack in charge of things.

by Anonymousreply 193April 24, 2024 8:45 PM

They wasted so much potential with Aunt Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 194April 24, 2024 10:15 PM

[quote] And what happened to Claire?

May sweeps starts tomorrow, so I imagine this is the Big Mystery, meaning we're more than likely not done with Jordan quite yet.

by Anonymousreply 195April 24, 2024 10:59 PM

I really hope they don't repeat what happened with Stitch and make Cole a villain with him secretly being in league with Jordan.

by Anonymousreply 196April 25, 2024 2:33 AM

Are Victoria and Cole fucking?

by Anonymousreply 197April 25, 2024 6:55 AM

How could Jordan not notice Victor sneaking up from behind her?

Couldn’t she smell his BENGAY?

by Anonymousreply 198April 25, 2024 6:59 AM

Hint: Old school Victor returns Thursday.

And when I say "old school," I mean almost back to the very beginning.

Apparently, they built the NuRanch on the same foundation as the OldRanch?

by Anonymousreply 199April 25, 2024 8:40 AM

LOL the old prison in the basement is going to house Jordan. Gee I hope Chance finds out and turns them all in. I can see one after another, Victor, Nikki, Victoria all having their chance to berate Jordan. If they really want to pumish Jordan, have Tennesee Williams Ashley pull her Southern Belle act on her. Talk about torture.

by Anonymousreply 200April 25, 2024 9:56 AM

If Jabottom’s pompadour gets any higher it’s going to merit it’s own mention in the credits

by Anonymousreply 201April 25, 2024 4:16 PM

Did they get the old jail cell set from the 2006-2007 fake Sheila storyline out of storage to put Jordan in?

by Anonymousreply 202April 25, 2024 5:54 PM

Let's hope there's toilet in that prison cell. Women over 70 usually have to pee about every 45 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 203April 25, 2024 8:53 PM

There's a case of Mrs. Lady Pants in the cupboard.

by Anonymousreply 204April 25, 2024 9:30 PM

Marla Adams has died. Age 85.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205April 26, 2024 11:07 PM

I never saw it but apparently Marla played quite the hussy on The Secret Storm.

by Anonymousreply 206April 27, 2024 12:22 AM

Marla played villainess Belle Clemens for the last six years that Secret Storm aired.

Y&R named Ashley's new slutty Southern personality Belle, likely as a tribute to Marla.

by Anonymousreply 207April 27, 2024 12:28 AM

Back when Ashely went nutso because she had an abortion of Victor's baby - she met and married Stephen, the shrink who restored her sanity. That was the whole Leanna Love story, she was an ex-patient of his who was insane and tried to kill Ashley with a poison lei. Then Jack hired her to write Victor's tell-all unauthorized biography, Then Victor hired her to write his official one and discovered she was a virgin so he seduced her with his big german cock and took her flower.

by Anonymousreply 208April 27, 2024 12:31 AM

Sad to hear about Marla. She was a deliciously beautiful Belle Britton Kincaid on Secret Storm. Those were the days when the villainess would show up at the heroine's door in a fur, diamonds and plenty of snark. She was right up there with McKinssey, Strasser, Fulton.

by Anonymousreply 209April 27, 2024 12:34 AM

R.I.P. to Marla, she seemed to leave Y&R during COVID out of concern for her well-being, iirc? Dina obviously was going to eventually leave, except she left earlier since catching COVID was of concern to her, I believe

by Anonymousreply 210April 27, 2024 1:36 AM

R210 her Alzheimer’s story went on forever, until they finally pulled the plug and killed her off. I get the feeling she didn’t want to leave. She said maybe she could show up as a ghost, like Jerry Douglas did, but it never happened.

by Anonymousreply 211April 27, 2024 1:46 AM

R211 Right I have that same feeling, she didn't really want to leave. I thought it had something to do with COVID protocols, at least that's what I thought was mentioned. It makes sense that they felt it was time to conclude her Alzheimer's storyline, for it was long.

by Anonymousreply 212April 27, 2024 2:32 AM

Gwen Sherman, Julia Newman, Dina Abbott

RIP

I suppose it's going to become a regular thing now.

by Anonymousreply 213April 27, 2024 6:48 AM

Look for Meg Bennett's in memoriam card at the end of Monday's episode.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 214April 27, 2024 8:37 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!