Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Live With Kelly and Mark" - does anyone here ever see this MESS?

I've been seeing it on and off the last couple of weeks until I turn the TV off. Both of these people are so disgustingly overly-processed, caked in makeup. The once gorgeous Mark Consuelos is skeletal with shoe polish black hair. He almost looks like a cancer patient. They sit there for the first half hour and talk about their fabulous life, jetting to Vegas one day, to London the next, They talk about the European soccer team they own. They're just devoid of any common Humanity. But the fraus and old people in their audience seem to lap it up like hungry cats to a bowl of milk. I can hardly look away, it's so absurd.

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2024 7:07 PM

I can't stomach these two either. I never could, especially her.

by Anonymousreply 1March 20, 2024 1:24 PM

American morning show television is what Newton Minow called a "vast wasteland."

People who watch these shows are typically vapid dolts.

by Anonymousreply 2March 20, 2024 1:29 PM

There are so many other channels with other shows.

by Anonymousreply 3March 20, 2024 1:31 PM

Mark's extensive plastic surgery isn't making him look younger; it's making him look like Fire Marshall Bill.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4March 20, 2024 1:32 PM

Bring back Live with Regis and Katie Lee. I wasn't a big fan of Kathie Lee but their chemistry together worked. All the subsequent pairings were diminished versions of the original.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 20, 2024 1:35 PM

R5 I'm sorry, loves, but I'm busy praying, then taking Balance of Nature.

by Anonymousreply 6March 20, 2024 1:37 PM

R4, LOL, he really does look like that! I've never followed this show but have seen it on and off when I've been home during the day. I get the impression that they're both extreme about their "healthy lifestyle". His face and hands are so skeletal and he like wearing tight sweater shirts to highlight his chest and biceps. He clearly does high protein so he can keep his upper body shape but doesn't look like he works his legs. Something tells me they both eat a couple of whole grain crakers a day and that's all the carbs they allow themselves. They're also not shy at all about discussing their immense wealth and lifestyle. In just a couple of weeks of being around the house with the show on, I've heard them mention their 'other' house, somewhere outside the city, (Hamptons?) and their large apartment in Manhattan. Kelly has commented that she hasn't seen her car in years and doesn't drive, (car service everywhere, no doubt), their daughter apparently living her best life in Italy (I think).... Not bad for a couple of coked-out soap actors.

by Anonymousreply 7March 20, 2024 1:41 PM

I hate those breeders. Reruns of Reeg would be better than enduring her spoiled child voice. I hated her on All My Children. I hated him because he liked her.

by Anonymousreply 8March 20, 2024 1:42 PM

If you ever watch the "Stump Mark" segment of the show, you get a sense that Mark is a real narcissistic, know-it-all douchebag who can't stand to lose.

He often speaks condescendingly to the people who call in to try and stump him, and if they do, it's obvious he has trouble controlling his anger when he's defeated.

by Anonymousreply 9March 20, 2024 1:47 PM

R9 I like to watch Kelly's reactions when he loses, because it clearly makes her happy to see her D-bag hubby get served a dose of humility.

by Anonymousreply 10March 20, 2024 1:54 PM

Yeah I've seen their little Stump game. I don't usually pay attention to it but sounds like they're playing two truths and a lie and he has to put which one is true. He's definitely the more smug one of the pair. He likes wearing a chunky Tag Heuer or Rolex on his left wrist and makes sure it's not covered up when he's showing off pictures of his soccer team. Yesterday I heard him saying something like "And that's so-and-so who works for me". LOL, he's such a douche that guy.

by Anonymousreply 11March 20, 2024 2:01 PM

Mark is a himbo who’s mooched off his wife his whole life. Not sure why he’s so impressed with himself.

by Anonymousreply 12March 20, 2024 2:07 PM

Now that their children are older, they’re both trying to remain relevant and as youthful as possible.

Kelly has admitted her hair would be completely gray if not regularly colored.

by Anonymousreply 13March 20, 2024 2:59 PM

Mark Consuelos needs to eat something, as does his wife. I imagine them sitting around on the weekends, spending half their time debating on what they can eat without gaining any net calories. They both seem like stratospheric narcissists. All the old ladies that go to their show have them convinced they're A-list stars.

by Anonymousreply 14March 20, 2024 3:06 PM

It’s basically just morning filler, something to play in the background while you are doing other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 15March 20, 2024 3:07 PM

Mark does look bad.

by Anonymousreply 16March 20, 2024 3:41 PM

[quote]Regis and Katie Lee.

I never worked with poor Reege, and I'm on the Food Network, dear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 20, 2024 3:45 PM

Now I want a DL-based stump Mark movement in which DLers are selected to help demonstrate his stupidity. He's got no Gelman to help him. That would be great stumping.

by Anonymousreply 18March 20, 2024 5:27 PM

R18, Gelman is still the producer.

by Anonymousreply 19March 20, 2024 5:30 PM

They both seem disconnected from reality.

by Anonymousreply 20March 20, 2024 5:46 PM

Many years ago I was flipping channels (used to be a thing) and I stumbled upon Regis and Kathie Lee. I left it on expecting to laugh at their ridiculous show but instead I was, dare I say, charmed. They had great chemistry and Regis had a talent for turning a basic night out at Rao's into a tour de force of storytelling during the next morning's chat segment.

I've only seen a few minutes of Mark doing hosting duties and he's just there. No personality to speak of and zero presence. I have no issues with Kelly as she's carried that show for years and she seems to have the perfect personality for the job.

by Anonymousreply 21March 20, 2024 5:49 PM

They should try working for Phipps.

by Anonymousreply 22March 20, 2024 6:03 PM

Regis was worked up through the ranks from a page at a radio station in the 1950s to sports radio to local TV shows, honing his style and craft over decades as an announcer, a presenter, an later a talk show host. It's rare for an inexperienced individual to simply walk into the role and make it work, even if they have personality.

by Anonymousreply 23March 20, 2024 7:34 PM

I can't imagine watching anything like that. I don't even know who these people are or why they are on TV to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 24March 20, 2024 7:59 PM

Mark is packing some heat. That's all I need to know. I swear I met him in Sidetrack in Chicago about 30 years ago

by Anonymousreply 25March 20, 2024 8:14 PM

It’s an American show. Disconnected from reality is how we like things here.

by Anonymousreply 26March 20, 2024 8:32 PM

R24, and yet you took time to comment in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 27March 20, 2024 8:36 PM

Kill thyself r24, and make hast.

by Anonymousreply 28March 20, 2024 8:40 PM

I worked with then 20 years ago. She was good people, she really was. Mark was a horn dog, big time.

by Anonymousreply 29March 20, 2024 8:45 PM

Yes R23, that's the point. Regis honed his skills. Mark was given the job because he's married to Kelly. There's no comparison.

by Anonymousreply 30March 20, 2024 9:45 PM

R27 What part of pointless bitchery do you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 31March 20, 2024 10:23 PM

I actually attended a taping back in June while I was between jobs and looking for something to do. I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly they were towards the audience, taking time to chat and take pictures during breaks. One of the segments also involved food which, much to my shock, Kelly continued to eat even when the cameras weren't rolling.

by Anonymousreply 32March 20, 2024 10:30 PM

Ripa is friends with Andy Cohen. That tells you everything you need to know about the entire pile of shit and their friends.

by Anonymousreply 33March 20, 2024 10:34 PM

R33, She’s also friends with Anderson Cooper and David Muir.

by Anonymousreply 34March 20, 2024 10:37 PM

I attended three or four "Kelly and Guest Host" shows back in the day (including the infamous "I don't know where that hand's been" Clay Aiken episode. 🤚😱). I think Kelly is very good at her job!

Don't omit Reege's stint as Straight Man Sidekick to Joey Bishop! Regis had one heck of a roller-coaster career!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35March 20, 2024 10:53 PM

R5 REGIS PHILBIN is DEAD, honey.

by Anonymousreply 36March 20, 2024 11:07 PM

R36 Let's dig him up and prop his bones up in a chair.

by Anonymousreply 37March 21, 2024 12:00 AM

They LOVE Coke® … Coca-Cola® … lots and lots… tons of Coke®.

by Anonymousreply 38March 21, 2024 12:04 AM

I've seen them both at wrap parties. Staining right in front of you Kelly frighteningly thin with a ginormous head -- like a bowling ball atop a Q-Tip

by Anonymousreply 39March 21, 2024 12:48 AM

R34. Anderson Cooper and David Muir are fine. Andy Cohen is scum.

by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2024 1:00 AM

This show is on again this morning and I'm have watching while getting some work done. It really is insipidly, gushingly crass and classist. They mentioned the Baltimore bridge collapse but only about 10-15 minutes through their little opening chat. Before that however, they had to talk about their homes, the trips they've taken and want to take, their Italian soccer team they own and then quickly go into this stupid game they play with Mark. The self adoration of these two isn't hidden very well underneath the thick pancake makeup and hair product they're caked in. You can see and hear the mocking and patronizing of their studio audience, the way they talk down to the call-in viewers. It's just so....gross. If anybody here has a grandma or mom who watch this show, please tell them to tune it out. (Yeah I know, I'm hate watching but that's what I'm doing around the house for the next month and a half until I get back to work. Sorry. :- )

by Anonymousreply 41March 26, 2024 1:24 PM

I always hated Kathie Lee, but Kelly Ripa is on a whole other level of fake and plastic. And Mark Consuelous? Please. He makes Regis look like Johnny Carson.

by Anonymousreply 42March 26, 2024 2:21 PM

Kathie Lee was acceptable because she and Regis clicked well together. The show went down a notch when Kelly came on to replace her.

by Anonymousreply 43March 26, 2024 3:17 PM

[quote] (including the infamous "I don't know where that hand's been"

How did that go over when the audience R35? Was it really tense?

by Anonymousreply 44March 26, 2024 3:21 PM

Very tense, r44, as the majority of us were Clay fans. But it was strained between him and Kelly from the git-go, as she had shown a photo of herself dressed as Clay for some Halloween, and he made some wisecrack about the audience being his. IIRC, anyway!

by Anonymousreply 45March 26, 2024 6:06 PM

Adam Driver

by Anonymousreply 46March 26, 2024 6:18 PM

Okay that got posted in the wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 47March 26, 2024 6:28 PM

Have they had Jeff Gordon on yet?

by Anonymousreply 48March 26, 2024 7:07 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!