Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Don Lemon demanded Tesla Cybertruck, $5M advance, equity in X

Don Lemon demanded the sun, the moon and the stars from the SpaceX boss – before being unceremoniously dumped this week, The Post has learned.

The ex-CNN anchor sent over an astronomical wish list to Elon Musk during contract talks to host a show on the billionaire’s social media platform X – including a free Tesla Cybertruck, a $5 million upfront payment on top of an $8 million salary, an equity stake in the multibillion-dollar company, and the right to approve any changes in X policy as it relates to news content, according to a document reviewed by The Post.

Lemon — who was expected to air an interview with Musk for next week’s debut episode on X — had also demanded a private jet flight to Las Vegas, a suite for him and his fiance, and that the company pay for their day drinking and massages, a source with knowledge of the situation said.

Musk agreed to do the interview with Lemon despite the fact that he was aware of some of Lemon’s outlandish demands, sources told The Post.

The proposal reviewed by The Post was sent from Lemon’s agents at United Talent Agency to X’s leadership in December.

The partnership was announced in January, but an X spokesperson told The Post that the company “did not have a final or signed agreement with Don Lemon or ‘The Don Lemon Show'” before Musk sat down for the explosive interview last week.

X declined to comment on the details of the document.

Jay Sures, vice chairman at UTA, told The Post: “This is absolute, complete utter nonsense without an iota of truth to it.”

Lemon was fired hours after the one-on-one sit-down, with Musk calling the anchor “dull” and “underwhelming.”

The one-and-half hour grilling included testy exchanges about Musk’s political leanings, his past drug use and the site’s content moderation policy. It is scheduled to run on YouTube next week.

Lemon claimed on Wednesday that he was jettisoned by X because Musk reneged on his “free speech” pledge.

Lemon’s discussions with the company began shortly after he was fired by CNN last April after a series of high-profile incidents, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

In an interview with veteran tech journalist Kara Swisher on Friday, Lemon claimed they held discussions over the summer in which the company threatened to fire him if he did not attend the Consumer Electronic Show in Las Vegas.

CES, which was held earlier this year between Jan. 7 and 10, is one of the most highly anticipated events on the tech calendar as companies including X flock to the show in order to schmooze advertisers.

A spokesperson for X called Lemon’s claim “a disingenuous lie.”

Lemon wanted to be flown to the convention with his longtime fiance on a private jet and be put up in a private suite, as well as for X to foot the bill for alcoholic beverages and massages that he and his fiance ordered during their stay at the Vdara, the MGM-run resort on the Las Vegas Strip, according to people familiar with the matter.

The negotiations progressed after Musk brought former NBCUniversal advertising executive Linda Yaccarino on board as chief executive officer of X, sources said.

But the talks stalled over Lemon’s extensive demands, which included executive assistants as well as a marketing budget that ranged from $10 million to $15 million, people with knowledge of the situation told The Post.

A spokesperson for Lemon told The Post: “There is nothing in your list of demands that you claim Don made of X that is true. Literally nothing.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 28, 2024 11:24 PM

Don's are a problem group. (Trump, Lemon, Gummer)

by Anonymousreply 1March 17, 2024 2:19 AM

Some people don't see the folly of their self-importance. He has no leverage over Elon Musk. He could be squashed like a bug in an instant.

by Anonymousreply 2March 17, 2024 2:27 AM

Fiancé? They’re not married yet??

by Anonymousreply 3March 17, 2024 2:35 AM

Don Lemon is fucking crazy. No one cares about him. He shouldn't be asking for anything.

by Anonymousreply 4March 17, 2024 2:40 AM

Reparations.

by Anonymousreply 5March 17, 2024 2:43 AM

I'm perplexed by this.

What would ever possess him to make these demands, especially given that he doesn't really have a job?

CNN fired him, and he was lucky to get this interview.

It's very bizarre behavior.

by Anonymousreply 6March 17, 2024 2:44 AM

This is predictable Prick Lemmon

by Anonymousreply 7March 17, 2024 2:53 AM

Uppity.

by Anonymousreply 8March 17, 2024 2:56 AM

I just can’t believe “brilliant” Elon didn’t see this coming

by Anonymousreply 9March 17, 2024 2:56 AM

Yes,yes CNN hire this trouble making POS back as soon as possible for further ratings tanking and possibly losing some favorite cable hosts.

by Anonymousreply 10March 17, 2024 3:01 AM

Anderson Couper here, I mean Cooper,If CNN rehires Don Lemon No more blow jobs for John Malone-absolutely none!

by Anonymousreply 11March 17, 2024 3:07 AM

I used to think I liked Don Lemon, back when he started on the CNN morning show. The first NYE when he got plastered in NoLa was funny. He seemed to be in on the joke and was self-deprecating. And then ... he wasn't. His career has been on a downward spiral since.

by Anonymousreply 12March 17, 2024 3:14 AM

Sure Boris.

by Anonymousreply 13March 17, 2024 3:35 AM

[quote]X declined to comment on the details of the document.

This means "X forwarded this information to us with a note attached reading 'Submitted without comment.'"

by Anonymousreply 14March 17, 2024 3:38 AM

Elon is dumb and operates under the influence but he's not dumb or high enough to give Don Lemon all that. I don't dislike him but that's a big ask and ill-advised.

by Anonymousreply 15March 17, 2024 3:41 AM

Thank you for that,that Boris is really something and a nice guy too,I don’t have it to post but he’s shirtless on his cnn web pages,has a sailboat,very cute, I’m sure you’ll have no trouble finding it.

by Anonymousreply 16March 17, 2024 3:46 AM

Wow, that interview was very uncomfortable.

Elon was snippy and nasty.

I think that Don was taken aback by Elon's attitude.

It's not easy to conduct an interview with someone like him.

Elon is actually more rude than Donald Trump, and that's saying something.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 17, 2024 3:48 AM

They need to start their own "The Brah Hour" show. A few more guys, some beer, some snacks, talking over the important news of the day. The Cuomo brothers, whatever bitch fight Don and Chris got into, just forget about it. The View? The Talk? The BRAHS!

by Anonymousreply 18March 17, 2024 3:56 AM

Isn't that the Joe Rogan show, R18?

by Anonymousreply 19March 17, 2024 8:26 AM

[quote] A few more guys, some beer, some snacks, talking over the important news of the day. The Cuomo brothers, whatever bitch fight Don and Chris got into, just forget about it. The View? The Talk? The BRAHS!

Not Joe Rogan. That was Jimmy Kimmel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 17, 2024 8:35 AM

Now why would the Murdoch organisation want to broadcast this? I just can't put my finger on it.

by Anonymousreply 21March 17, 2024 8:51 AM

He should have just asked for money. Elon Musk is cheap and petty so Lemon probably pissed him off when he demanded a private jet and free booze.

by Anonymousreply 22March 17, 2024 10:16 AM

When will CNN euthanize “King Charles”?

by Anonymousreply 23March 17, 2024 10:47 AM

I miss Acosta on the weekends

by Anonymousreply 24March 17, 2024 10:48 AM

That fool made $4 million a year at CNN, AND got a $25 million payout when they fired his ass. Why does he need to work?

by Anonymousreply 25March 17, 2024 11:04 AM

R24, He was on yesterday(Saturday).

by Anonymousreply 26March 17, 2024 11:38 AM

[quote] Why does he need to work?

The usual reason

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 17, 2024 12:29 PM

[quote]the right to approve any changes in X policy as it relates to news content

Yes, I’m sure this would go over very well with Elon Musk.

by Anonymousreply 28March 17, 2024 12:30 PM

I'm no Lemon fan, but I could see Musk making shit up to get back at Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 29March 17, 2024 2:23 PM

I would never ask for equity in X. It's not a sound business for chrissake.

by Anonymousreply 30March 17, 2024 2:25 PM

Not that I love Don Lemon but I take this with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 31March 17, 2024 2:27 PM

I wish this black queen would go the fuck away already.

by Anonymousreply 32March 17, 2024 2:28 PM

[quote] I would never ask for equity in X.

It’s free money. But I think Lemon read this in the “how to be a Wall Street executive” handbook and didn’t understand the purpose.

In many large firms, part of executive compensation is to give executives stock options for the purpose of ensuring they turn a profit for the company and because it’s compensation the company doesn’t have to pay immediately (or ever if the company loses value). Lemon has no interest in the success of X and it doesn’t make sense to offer him equity in the company. Additionally, equity in the company would open him up to more scrutiny which I’m sure that drama queen wants to avoid.

by Anonymousreply 33March 17, 2024 2:48 PM

[QUOTE]He should have just asked for money. Elon Musk is cheap and petty so Lemon probably pissed him off when he demanded a private jet and free booze.

He made these demands, actually all of them, long before the interview. It sounds like terms weren't agreed upon and no contract was signed before this. They just punted it. It sounds like Lemon was very assertive in the interview. That's a lot of confidence/delusion when dealing with someone as unstable as Musk.

by Anonymousreply 34March 17, 2024 3:42 PM

I was the only one who didn't know Lemon was a Rep. since the 90's -"changed" to independent in order to join CNN-thx DL

by Anonymousreply 35March 17, 2024 4:05 PM

Elon already reinstated the misgendeeing policy. don won’t be happy until The trannys have full control over twitter like they did when Jack ran it.

by Anonymousreply 36March 17, 2024 4:28 PM

People like Lemmon would blow through 25 million in 90 days. I JUST WANTED THEM TO LOVE ME!

by Anonymousreply 37March 17, 2024 4:32 PM

[quote] A spokesperson for Lemon told The Post: “There is nothing in your list of demands that you claim Don made of X that is true. Literally nothing.”

That’s a pretty emphatic denial.

by Anonymousreply 38March 17, 2024 4:44 PM

R6 Which makes me think this whole thing is PR creation masterminded by him and Elon Musk. Don gets some press, showing how stuck it to a conservative, and is always about “black excellence” and fair pay while Musk plays “badass” for firing a “limousine” liberal, and being tough and badass firing him ONSITE. The fact that Don is black and gay is icing on the cake.

by Anonymousreply 39March 17, 2024 4:45 PM

Yum—cake.

by Anonymousreply 40March 17, 2024 4:48 PM

R29 That part too. Fuck cocaine Don would have to be smoking crack to make such demands. Unless it’s all a stunt.

by Anonymousreply 41March 17, 2024 4:48 PM

[quote] Elon already reinstated the misgendeeing policy

:::: GASP:::: You mean X will reinstate the truth in gendering policy? But I guess we can't say no to African-American Elon.

by Anonymousreply 42March 17, 2024 4:54 PM

Don Lemon is unemployed and he still has a spokesperson???

by Anonymousreply 43March 17, 2024 8:10 PM

I don’t believe these alleged demands.

He has a really good agency. Agents don’t make demands like these.

by Anonymousreply 44March 17, 2024 8:27 PM

Yeah, I'd love to see this "document" that the NY Post has, listing these demands. Is it entirely from Elon Musk or his, no doubt godawful, spokeswhores? Or is there anything actually from Don Lemon demanding anything?

by Anonymousreply 45March 17, 2024 8:34 PM

Yeah, when you are talking that kind of money, no one makes silly demands like on that list. Sounds like Elon just trying to throw dirt to muddy the water like Trump. I mean really, those demands sound like something out of the 80's movie era.

by Anonymousreply 46March 17, 2024 8:54 PM

I've seen the cybertruck around town twice now. It looks even stupider and uglier than you think it would. Truly ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 47March 17, 2024 8:57 PM

One tell: an agent is never going to demand a vehicle. He doesn’t get 10 percent of a CyberTruck.

by Anonymousreply 48March 17, 2024 9:03 PM

Oh, he think he fancy

by Anonymousreply 49March 17, 2024 9:04 PM

News people usually don't make those kind of demands when changing jobs. They think of themselves as "serious" journalist. That's the behavior of movie stars typically. Although, Lemon is pretentious queen so not exactly above that kind of behavior.

by Anonymousreply 50March 18, 2024 12:47 AM

We're not talking Dan Rather and Peter Jennings here, R50. The cable divas are a different breed.

by Anonymousreply 51March 18, 2024 12:51 AM

Was La Lemon demanding only brown M&M’s in his dressing room?

by Anonymousreply 52March 18, 2024 12:55 AM

No one's demanding a Cybertruck. That right there should be the tell that this is all bullshit direct from Musk

by Anonymousreply 53March 18, 2024 12:56 AM

R50, There hasn’t been a serious journalist on television since Walter Cronkite.

by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2024 12:57 AM

[quote] Was La Lemon demanding only brown M&M’s in his dressing room?

I'm sure that Miss Thing also listed in his demands, that the "little people" not look him in the eye, as he walks through the halls.

by Anonymousreply 55March 18, 2024 12:58 AM

Donna Lemonna needs to take a seat.

by Anonymousreply 56March 18, 2024 6:08 PM

I’m watching him right now on David Pakman’s show on YouTube.

He’s not holding back and he’s coming off fair and truthful.

I’m team Don on this one.

Of course with Elon on the other side it’s not really a difficult choice.

by Anonymousreply 57March 18, 2024 10:11 PM

In private, especially after one or twelve cocktails, Don has always blamed Anderson Cooper for stealing his career. ("Wearing glasses on air was MY idea!") He tells anyone who will listen that he's been discriminated against because he is: a.) Black; b.) Gay; c.) Short; d.) all of the above.

by Anonymousreply 58March 19, 2024 12:08 AM

I kind of question the accuracy of this whole story.

Who asks for equity in a privately owned company? The whole point is to get shares early in/before an IPO and then get out.

by Anonymousreply 59March 19, 2024 12:12 AM

Le Don Le Mon cracks me up.

You can climb only so high on bullshit, good looks and oblivious self-delusion.

(But there is - Trump and his lack of good looks excluded - a ceiling.)

by Anonymousreply 60March 19, 2024 12:23 AM

Don Lemon is an arrogant POS and he’s not all that hot.

by Anonymousreply 61March 19, 2024 3:12 AM

Don said that Kara Swisher told him that he’s not talent anymore; he’s an entrepreneur.

by Anonymousreply 62March 19, 2024 3:17 AM

“Who is this coloured little criminal asking me nosy questions, and why hasn’t someone whacked him with a truncheon yet? That’s what we did when I was growing up! Guards! Seize him!”

by Anonymousreply 63March 20, 2024 5:40 AM

Aren’t they supposed to be “bruthas”?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 21, 2024 7:40 PM

oh my, he's fucking delusional!

by Anonymousreply 65March 21, 2024 7:44 PM

Bottom drama.

by Anonymousreply 66March 21, 2024 8:17 PM

He was the guest on Dan Abrams SiriusXM show yesterday and took calls from listeners. Very interesting listen.

by Anonymousreply 67March 21, 2024 8:17 PM

Dan is questioning sign elon has a problem with him being gay or black

I’m pretty sure he knew that when he tried to hire him and did an interview with him. Don is a opportunist and Decided to create a viral moment

Fuck don.

by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2024 8:20 PM

Between Don Le Mon and Elmo - I'll take Ms Le Mon all day.

by Anonymousreply 69March 21, 2024 8:33 PM

R69, at least Elon is brave enough to stick it to the trannys. He fights truth to power.

by Anonymousreply 70March 21, 2024 8:40 PM

He’s brave enough to speak hate about a vulnerable population.

Kindly go fuck yourself, R70.

by Anonymousreply 71March 21, 2024 9:00 PM

Between Trans and Elmo - I'll take the Trans all day.

by Anonymousreply 72March 21, 2024 10:06 PM

R71, They’re not a vulnerable population. They are oppressive straight colonizers

by Anonymousreply 73March 21, 2024 10:31 PM

Lemon got real unlikeable real quick.

by Anonymousreply 74March 21, 2024 11:56 PM

Fuck off and die in a grease fire, r73.

by Anonymousreply 75March 21, 2024 11:57 PM

R75, sometimes accepting the truth is hard and you don’t want to take the blinders off. I get it.

by Anonymousreply 76March 22, 2024 12:22 AM

R76, your faith in Elmo is touching and misplaced. He's not a sooper-geenius he is a wealthy, narcissistic drug addict feeding his addictions.

by Anonymousreply 77March 22, 2024 12:24 AM

R77, I don’t care about Elon. Just like how he sticks it to the homophobic-heterosexual-white-males-in-dresses demographic.

Although he doesn’t do it nearly enough.

by Anonymousreply 78March 22, 2024 12:28 AM

Elmo's own kid is Trans and he uses it to continue fighting with his ex-wife and with his child. He's just an exaggerated form of control freak.

by Anonymousreply 79March 22, 2024 12:35 AM

I like Don because he creates workplace drama wherever he is, and it gives us a portal into how fickle the TV news world is.

He is also on the Ozempic too, he is thin as hell again. Get it gurl

by Anonymousreply 80March 22, 2024 12:37 AM

A fun recap with Tamron Hall

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 22, 2024 1:10 AM

Don sure pulling all the strings with his contacts to play counter narrative. The lady doth protest too much, methinks.

by Anonymousreply 82March 22, 2024 2:55 AM

Especially since it was actually a job interview.

Don was totally willing to work for that racist shitbag, and cash his checks, until HE decided otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 83March 22, 2024 3:09 AM

Oh yeah, Don was totally going to be licking Elon ass had this not happened. A new Bromance cut short.

by Anonymousreply 84March 22, 2024 3:19 AM

I believe his agent's response - none of this is true.

Musk fucked up his interview and looked stupid and inept. So - KILL THE MESSENGER!

Why you people believe this shit is shocking.

Oh - and even if the demands are true - it's PEANUTS to Elon Musk and what he requires.

by Anonymousreply 85March 22, 2024 3:20 AM

Who's the messenger? Both these guys are douche bags and were so long before this cat fight.

by Anonymousreply 86March 22, 2024 3:26 AM

The fact Cuomo is willing to treat as real the obviously bullshit list of demands suggests he'll be the next X signing

by Anonymousreply 87March 22, 2024 4:28 AM

All this Tranny Trashing is taking its toll. I'm not a trans and yes they can be whinny but they deserve all the opportunities that we enjoy-or should enjoy.

by Anonymousreply 88March 22, 2024 9:53 PM

Ugliest vehicle ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 89March 22, 2024 10:08 PM

I hate Don but I really love those black slip-on shoes!

by Anonymousreply 90March 22, 2024 10:10 PM

R80 so glad we don’t have to see your Don Lemon loving fat face-try imaging working all day,after day with a prick like that -you deserve him!

by Anonymousreply 91March 27, 2024 11:34 PM

r91 = Cuntress Kaitlan Collins

by Anonymousreply 92March 28, 2024 11:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!