Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gen Z Believes Men Are Being Discriminated Against More Than Boomers

Members of the Generation Z age bracket across the globe believe men are being discriminated against more than those among the Baby Boomer generation, according to a new poll.

A poll by Ipsos conducted on International Women's Day, March 8, asked respondents across 31 countries a number of questions on women's rights and gender equality among different age groups.

The poll asked respondents whether they agree or disagree with the statement that "we have gone so far in promoting women's equality that we are discriminating against men."

According to the poll, 60 percent of Gen Z men, 57 percent of Millennial men and 43 percent of male Baby Boomers agree with this statement. In comparison, among women that agree with this statement, the poll found 40 percent for Gen Z, 44 percent of Millennials and 30 percent of Baby Boomers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140March 29, 2024 4:19 PM

100% accurate. White males are public enemy number one.

by Anonymousreply 1March 15, 2024 4:32 PM

Girls are icky!

by Anonymousreply 2March 15, 2024 4:34 PM

R2 … and crazy

by Anonymousreply 3March 15, 2024 4:35 PM

White straight males should be public enemy number one, R1. They’ve brought a lot of hell to this planet and have a lot of misery to answer for.

by Anonymousreply 4March 15, 2024 4:38 PM

It is true when it comes to the legal system

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5March 15, 2024 4:39 PM

young women today are mostly obnoxious and entitled, like young men used to be. all bravado but nothing to back it up.

by Anonymousreply 7March 15, 2024 4:42 PM

It's complicated. I am noticing a lot more female covens pushing out males in the office, gay or not.

by Anonymousreply 9March 15, 2024 4:46 PM

[quote] They’ve brought a lot of hell to this planet and have a lot of misery to answer for.

lol. They’ve also brought everything good to it too, dumbass.

by Anonymousreply 10March 15, 2024 4:46 PM

The Gen Z girls are annoying as fuck and all look like troll dolls so who can blame them

by Anonymousreply 11March 15, 2024 4:49 PM

Heterosexual men overwhelmingly hold the lion's share of positions of power in business and politics, they demonstrably get paid more than women in every profession and women's access to health care options, such as abortion, or legal options, such as no-fault divorce, are being stripped away. Violence against women is overwhelmingly perpetrated by men.

So, how are het men being discriminated against again? Is it that the public at large no longer hold het men in higher esteem merely because of their sex?

by Anonymousreply 12March 15, 2024 4:51 PM

No straight fucking cunts are the number one enemy, especially cunt mothers who are mostly to blame.

by Anonymousreply 13March 15, 2024 4:54 PM

What a lot of women don't get is they don't have to energy match the asshole straight white men in order to do well.

by Anonymousreply 14March 15, 2024 4:56 PM

R12 most women are too lazy to be in positions of power, me included. Wanting to be the boss is just more common in men and the wage gap has been debunked too. When it comes to domestic violence, unidirectional DV, when the attacks come only from one partner, is higher in women than men and this is also demonstrated with lesbians. And why do you support marriage?? It is good when no fault divorce is removed because it makes people avoid marriage, which is a good thing because as a Satanist I need to destroy this construct of tradition. Anyways, I have yet to see vigilante justice against women who beat up their husbands. Strange patriarchy we live in...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15March 15, 2024 5:03 PM

R12 Interesting response, but keep in mind the survey which the article refers to makes no distinction between hetero males, gay males, bi males, asexual males, etc. It doesn't even specify race or ethnicity. It takes all males into consideration, around the globe.

by Anonymousreply 16March 15, 2024 5:06 PM

is this the survey?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 15, 2024 5:10 PM

R17 The survey they reported on is in the OP link

by Anonymousreply 18March 15, 2024 5:13 PM

Good to know 1st World feminists voices may be loud but not everyone is paying attention.

by Anonymousreply 19March 15, 2024 5:24 PM

Go on reddit and say something innocuous about racism or sexism existing. There are ton of bros who DO NOT want to hear about discrimination of any kind. It's all a myth to them.

by Anonymousreply 20March 15, 2024 5:25 PM

Thanks Andrew Tate at R15. Shouldn't you be shooting up a school or posting in an incel reddit?

by Anonymousreply 21March 15, 2024 5:27 PM

WHY does poll after poll leave out Gen X?

by Anonymousreply 22March 15, 2024 5:31 PM

Funny how this generation is so complacent having been fortunate enough to benefit from the advances in equality by women before them.

They cannot comprehend it wasn’t always like this and that someone had to fight to get respect outside of a kitchen and even in 2024 we still have pay inequality between sexes.

by Anonymousreply 23March 15, 2024 5:31 PM

"Heterosexual men overwhelmingly hold the lion's share of positions of power in business and politics"

They are also the vast majority of the ones at the bottom

"they demonstrably get paid more than women in every profession"

A female scientist just won a Noble prize for showing how the vast majority had zero to do with discrimination and mostly to do with their choices

"and women's access to health care options, such as abortion, or legal options, such as no-fault divorce, are being stripped away. "

Men dont have the right to free themselves of an unwanted pregnancy

Violence against women is overwhelmingly perpetrated by men.

The vast majority of violence from men is directed at othwer men.

"So, how are het men being discriminated against again? Is it that the public at large no longer hold het men in higher esteem merely because of their sex?"

By people like you who refuse to see how uts not all sugar and roses.

by Anonymousreply 24March 15, 2024 5:31 PM

[quote] Heterosexual men overwhelmingly hold the lion's share of positions of power in business and politics, they demonstrably get paid more than women in every profession

Because they do more. Their jobs are harder. Men are much better than women in positions of power. Even women don’t want to work with other women. It’s biology.

by Anonymousreply 25March 15, 2024 5:34 PM

Another piece of generational warfare “journalism.”

This is so healthy for an already very damaged and constantly aggrieved country.

by Anonymousreply 26March 15, 2024 5:35 PM

[quote] we still have pay inequality between sexes.

No, we don’t.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27March 15, 2024 5:36 PM

Maybe Gen Z saw this demonstration of feminism and thought "OK, women can behave like animals now, gender equality has been achived"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28March 15, 2024 5:54 PM

R28 are you a dumb Pollack?

by Anonymousreply 29March 15, 2024 5:57 PM

R4 shows they are correct.

by Anonymousreply 30March 15, 2024 5:58 PM

R29 yes, uncircumcised.

by Anonymousreply 31March 15, 2024 5:58 PM

I think the younger you are the more likely you are to be exposed to current progressive dogma which is widely endorsed on college campuses. Under that dogma, men are oppressors and are therefore in need of subjugation. Not surprisingly, men regard this kind of thinking as discrimination against them, because it is discrimination against them.

Older people may or may not hear about this dogma. Younger people can’t avoid it.

by Anonymousreply 32March 15, 2024 6:08 PM

Makes sense that men in their sexual prime would feel that way - they're far more concerned about their standing with women. If you look into the numbers, it's getting near half of men 30 and under are fully incels now.

by Anonymousreply 33March 15, 2024 6:37 PM

R32 but the study proves otherwise R32

by Anonymousreply 34March 15, 2024 6:37 PM

aggrieved country

We are long past worrying about how bad it is, such a simple minded statement.

by Anonymousreply 35March 15, 2024 7:00 PM

R24 and his MRA talking points

by Anonymousreply 36March 15, 2024 7:22 PM

It's her, R36 and would you care to address these points or just yell MRA! like a moron who has nothing else to say?

by Anonymousreply 37March 15, 2024 8:35 PM

I started to love mras after I watched this documentary by a former feminist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2024 8:50 PM

No, cunt at R10. They haven’t.

by Anonymousreply 39March 15, 2024 8:51 PM

[quote]If you look into the numbers, it's getting near half of men 30 and under are fully incels now.

Why is that?

by Anonymousreply 40March 16, 2024 7:59 AM

I never go the argument that it's discrimination to contemplate in an interview if a woman plans to have a child. Let's be brutally honest, when a young woman gets hired for a job, if she gets pregnant a year later she will be out of commission for months. Men don't do that. Now that employer has to scramble to fill that job, but only temporarily because he has to keep her position open or force the other workers to do her work. And more often than not, many women return after their paid leave and announced they have changed their mind and have decided to become a full time mother and therefore will be leaving the company. I have seen this happen over and over again.

And to be even more brutaly honest, in this day and age, most woman and couples plan their pregnancy. So to go seeking a full time job with expected long range employment with a leave of absents ahead is really just dishonest. Pregnancy and deciding to have the child doesn't just "happen" these days with most woman who have a college degree looking for a professional career. It's become a tactical move.

They have a biological clock and their finger is on the button as soon as the office calls and says, You got the job!

by Anonymousreply 41March 16, 2024 8:21 AM

Did I miss something? Does Gen X not even exist anymore?

by Anonymousreply 42March 16, 2024 9:56 AM

R42 Gen X's whateverness has worked against them.

They want to be the "meh, whatever, we're too cool" generation. Well, okay then. Just don't complain when that same attitude makes it easy for everybody else to dismiss you.

by Anonymousreply 43March 16, 2024 10:01 AM

R42: Gen X gave birth to Gen Z.

Gen Z is their creation and their problem.

by Anonymousreply 44March 16, 2024 10:59 AM

I understand all of that, R44, but why aren't they ever mentioned by name anymore? Except on here. Gen X is 1965-1980. I would imagine there are a good number of Dataloungers in that age range. Even the youngest of the youngest Boomers would be at least 60 by now and grandparents.

I guess I can understand casually referencing GenXers as Boomers. But if you are going to write an article specifically naming generations and not mention GenX, it just seems odd to me.

by Anonymousreply 45March 16, 2024 12:00 PM

I genuinely don’t think Gen Z is that bad. I’m really interested to see what they do once they get past this whiny university student phase and get some experiential knowledge in the workplace and fully adult life. There could be some good things coming from that, even though they seem really whiny right now.

by Anonymousreply 46March 16, 2024 12:29 PM

R43 no one's complaining. Whatever......

by Anonymousreply 47March 16, 2024 2:09 PM

[quote]And why do you support marriage??

So that the families of gay people who were rejected or disowned by them don’t swoop in like vultures and tell doctors to “pull the plug” or take all of the property/assets away from that person’s spouse if they pass away.

It’s a security blanket that gay people deserve as much as straight people. I don’t understand why people don’t get that.

Marriage is a contract now. It’s not some made up “holy” bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 48March 16, 2024 2:12 PM

R44 Gen Z is an improvement from millenials, who are/were too idealistic, whiny and childish. And they were the first SJWs. People focus on the snowflakes from Z (and some have inherited some of the moral grandstanding from their seniors the milenials) but the actual normal ones, which are the majority are pretty chill. They have a bit of the Gen X cynicism, and they are very able to sideye the idiots in their own generation. They tend to be more pragmatic too.

by Anonymousreply 49March 16, 2024 2:19 PM

Men still benefit from the patriarchy in a majority of cases, but that number is shrinking.

And there's two places where I think the scales have tipped and women are getting preferential treatment.

One in the workplace - post 2008 it's been harder for men, especially older men, to get work when women can be hired (for less money, yes - a whole separate issue). And higher education has tipped to offer preferential treatment to women.

by Anonymousreply 50March 16, 2024 2:24 PM

[quote] a leave of absents

Oh, DEAR.

by Anonymousreply 51March 16, 2024 2:25 PM

Gen X. Ignored once again.

by Anonymousreply 52March 16, 2024 2:28 PM

[quote]I’m really interested to see what they do once they get past this whiny university student phase and get some experiential knowledge in the workplace and fully adult life.

As an employee at a university who has kept in touch with a number of students who graduated over the past five years, they haven't moved past the 'university student phase' at all. Most of them can't keep a job past two or three months (they constantly job-hop) because the job became 'boring' after a month. They still live at home, and many of the ones who I keep in touch with don't own a car - they depend on Uber and Lyft.

by Anonymousreply 53March 16, 2024 2:34 PM

R52 I consider that a sign of how much better Gen X is......between the bitching and moaning lately about Gen Z and the insane fight between boomers and millenials, I feel like the smart sibling watching your parents and your dumb sibling fight yet again while munching on my cereal. There are wars that are just too stupid to fight.

by Anonymousreply 54March 16, 2024 2:39 PM

[quote] many of the ones who I keep in touch with don't own a car - they depend on Uber and Lyft.

Owning a car, and owning a house, doesn't make someone magically mature or fantastic. Both are a challenge in this economy.

(I hear what you're saying re: the rest of your post, but not having a car shouldn't be an instant disqualifier.)

by Anonymousreply 55March 16, 2024 2:42 PM

[quote]Owning a car, and owning a house, doesn't make someone magically mature or fantastic. Both are a challenge in this economy.

No, but it makes them 'responsible' - having a car payment, having rent due (or a mortgage). First big step into the real 'adult' world : financial responsibility. These are young adults who didn't even pay their own credit cards or phone bills while in college - mommy and daddy took care of everything for them.

by Anonymousreply 56March 16, 2024 2:50 PM

Good R52. Leave me alone.

by Anonymousreply 57March 16, 2024 2:52 PM

Owning a house is a totally different ball of wax these days than owning a car. A typical house is 10 times the average salary for younger people than Boomers if you adjust for inflation vs salary.

A car on the other hand most people with a decent lower to middle class job can still afford. Uber is very expensive by comparison. I get that a lot of young couples may only have one car instead of two these days, both for financial and environmental reasons but unless you live in some place like NYC where subways are highly accessible or live 5 minutes from your work, a car is essential to most Americans. It does say I am independent enough to learn how to drive, maintain a vehicle, pay my bills on time and get where I am going WITHOUT the help of others. Like Lift or Uber or public transportation.

by Anonymousreply 58March 16, 2024 3:11 PM

In many urban cities (especially in the northeast) a monthly mortgage payment is equivalent (and in some cases, less) than a monthly apartment rental.

by Anonymousreply 59March 16, 2024 3:18 PM

Just so we are clear. what years are considered Boomers? No one in their 40s or 50s is a Boomer, that would be Gen X. So are we talking Senior citizens against Millennials?

by Anonymousreply 60March 16, 2024 3:54 PM

R60 apparently. The youngest boomer is 59.

But the Millenial vs Boomer thing started 10 years ago, so they were in their 50s back then.

by Anonymousreply 61March 16, 2024 4:01 PM

There is a growing resentment for, and bias against white males. From employment to pop culture. So Gen Z is right. For once.

by Anonymousreply 62March 16, 2024 4:50 PM

R24

1) as of 2023, there are only 41 female CEOs of S&P 500 companies. The fact that there are many male file clerks and janitors doesn't change the fact that women rarely lead large companies.

2) Claudia Golden said part of the reason for a gender pay gap is that women remove themselves from the workplace due to a lack of affordable child care. It's not that they are choosing not work or follow a particular career path but rather they don't have a choice due to a policy (no government funded childcare) that mostly impacts women. Sounds pretty unfair, right?

3) Men don't have unwanted pregnancies. They have unwanted child support payments. You can't compare this to actual pregnancy because it's not excruciating and sometimes life threatening. This is stupidest thing you said and I can picture Andrew Tate saying it.

4) Getting punched in a bar fight by another man is not as bad as long-term physical abuse by a romantic partner or rape. Another dumbass Andrew Tate-ism

5) No one is claiming that heterosexual men lead carefree lives. People are noticing how much more privileged hetero men are compared to women.

by Anonymousreply 63March 16, 2024 5:03 PM

R63, It is not just about child support. It's not all financial. After conception, a man cannot decide if he wants to be a father, ready to be a father, like a woman can decide whether or not she wants to be a mother.

by Anonymousreply 64March 16, 2024 5:09 PM

I would say black Men compared to black Women are pretty much discriminated against in the work force. When there are quotas that need to be filled, black women are more likely to be hired over a black male. Where black people battle over the limited number of spaces allotted them in the top tiers of the Fortune 500, I think companies, when they have to, are more likely to hire a woman to cross off two boxes in their Equity hire list.

There are only eight Black CEOs of 500 five companies - which is 1/8th of their representation in society as whole, which is about 13%. Of those eight black CEOs, five of them are women.

I worked in retail, Neman Marcus. There was a good representation of black male sales associates. But as you moved into management, there were black people represented, but they were all women. I don't think I ever saw one black male manager or black male on the executive level of the company.

So in this very particular instance, Women win out over Men.

by Anonymousreply 65March 16, 2024 5:28 PM

^ Oh, and I forgot to add, THIS is one of the black male CEOs, Rene F Jones. America is a comedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66March 16, 2024 5:31 PM

[quote] I genuinely don’t think Gen Z is that bad.

You must love fascism. Don’t you dare have an independent thought.

by Anonymousreply 67March 16, 2024 5:32 PM

R7, 90% of crime is committed by straight men.

by Anonymousreply 68March 16, 2024 5:33 PM

^ HOT

by Anonymousreply 69March 16, 2024 5:34 PM

[quote] as of 2023, there are only 41 female CEOs of S&P 500 companies. The fact that there are many male file clerks and janitors doesn't change the fact that women rarely lead large companies.

Because they’re simply not good at it. Men and women have different temperaments.

[quote] Claudia Golden said part of the reason for a gender pay gap is that women remove themselves from the workplace due to a lack of affordable child care.

That’s a load of horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 70March 16, 2024 5:34 PM

R68, and all the luxuries you have are provided by straight men. When your power lines go down, who do you think is sent up to fix them? What about when your house is on fire. Sorry, but straight men are also responsible for the greatest achievements in history. Men are wired differently and have testosterone. That causes aggression. Men get physical, women get verbal.

by Anonymousreply 71March 16, 2024 5:37 PM

[quote] But the Millenial vs Boomer thing started 10 years ago

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 72March 16, 2024 5:37 PM

If I were a female scientist, I would be working on ways to gestate a perfectly healthy baby outside of the human body.

by Anonymousreply 73March 16, 2024 5:38 PM

R52 here. I say let the boomers and millennials scrap it out. They're basically two sides of the same annoying coin.

by Anonymousreply 74March 16, 2024 5:55 PM

R73 because you bought in to the fake feminist idea that children somehow hold women back from happiness. Some women are not meant to have kids, and it is absolutely perfect for women who dont want children to not have them. But the majority of women would not want to give up being able to carry life , give birth and nurture children from their own bodies just to be able to beat the menz.

Most women know that it might be a hindrance to achieving equal or greater economic status to men, and they dont care.

by Anonymousreply 75March 16, 2024 5:58 PM

R75, Children HAVE to be born or civilizations crumble and die. When's the last time you met a Shaker? I never said children hold women back from happiness. But a woman in the work force who takes a total of three years off to have three kids, is not going to be much of a powerhouse. Physically, pregnancy takes a woman out of the workforce and forward momentum - even IF her job is held for her.

[quote] But the majority of women would not want to give up being able to carry life , give birth and nurture children from their own bodies just to be able to beat the menz.

Then stop bitching about your rank in the workforce and how much you get paid and your lack of numbers.

[quote]Most women know that it might be a hindrance to achieving equal or greater economic status to men, and they dont care.

This is simply not true. They care very much.

by Anonymousreply 76March 16, 2024 6:07 PM

[quote] [R44] Gen Z is an improvement from millenials,

At least Millennials can spell, which is more than what I can say for the chronically unemployed Gen Z or their enabling parents. Whichever one R49 is.

by Anonymousreply 77March 16, 2024 6:50 PM

[quote] I consider that a sign of how much better Gen X is......

Oh brother. You all are the ones storming the Capitol and being Trump's most slavish fan base and trying to get gay and books banned and just being gross and Karenish in general.

So NO, you're not much better. At all.

by Anonymousreply 78March 16, 2024 6:54 PM

In fact R52, based on the sneak preview this decade, I'm going out on a limb and say you're even WORSE than the boomers in some ways! I don't know who they think you're fooling with this "We're so cool and so chill." Yeah. Uh huh. right.

by Anonymousreply 79March 16, 2024 6:57 PM

Oppression is not the only, or even the best, explanation for differing outcomes.

by Anonymousreply 80March 16, 2024 6:57 PM

R76 "Then stop bitching about your rank in the workforce and how much you get paid and your lack of numbers."

I don't.

"This is simply not true. They care very much."

Till the time comes where they decide to have babies and realize sacrificing a bit of their career is worth it. Hence why men still tend to be wealthier and are in more top positions.

by Anonymousreply 81March 16, 2024 7:32 PM

R78 lol in 15 years you'll be hearing the same shit from Gen Z to millenials. It probably wont be Trump, but someone else. Everyone turns more conservative as they age. I bet Gen X is where Trump has its biggest detractors too.

by Anonymousreply 82March 16, 2024 7:35 PM

R82 well what do you expect with your fellow Xers taking relish in talking shit up thread? Don't throw stones if you live in a glass house

by Anonymousreply 83March 16, 2024 8:42 PM

R63 Sorry but when women rather pop out children than being CEO's it's not men's fault and child support is t is mental punishment for 18 years + knowing that there is some ugly ass brat walking around that you didn't want while women have the freedom to abort. The fact that "women being in leading positions" is more of a concern to the media than men having a choice to opt out of paying child support, shows that we don't live in a patriarchy because then it would be actually the other way around.

by Anonymousreply 84March 16, 2024 10:30 PM

My Aunt, who’s white, doesn’t work. She divorced my Uncle and lives off his child support money.

White women are the most successful unemployed group in the US. There is a percentage, no matter how big or small, that have the opportunity not to work and live off their husbands.

That is privilege.

by Anonymousreply 85March 16, 2024 10:37 PM

R68 Statistics are as skewed with gender as they are with race. Women are less likely to be arrested and charged.

You can see it very clear in same sex domestic violence data. Lesbians are statistically more violent in relationships than gay men. This is not actually true, it’s just that women report crime at higher rates than men and so it skews the literal statistic.

Domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, incest surveys don’t match with the criminal statistics. Meaning women do all of the above but they’re not arrested and charged for it. As much as men? Probably not. But the criminal stats don’t add up.

by Anonymousreply 86March 16, 2024 10:46 PM

[quote]My Aunt, who’s white, doesn’t work. She divorced my Uncle and lives off his child support money.

AS Judge Judy points out in almost every case, THE CHILDREN should be living off his child support money, not the ex-wife. That money is to support the children's life expenses.

by Anonymousreply 87March 16, 2024 10:48 PM

R87 She took the house, which was already paid off, and she basically sat on the money. He paid for private school and college.

She has definitely saved the money up because she doesn’t want to work after the last one turns 18, which is soon.

So she’s gonna have about $2 million to live off of.

She stopped working once she had kids. I think she works one day a week from her old job. Very touch and go. But she definitely doesn’t want to work lol.

This isn’t common but this also isn’t rare.

by Anonymousreply 88March 16, 2024 10:53 PM

That headline is a mess. Makes it sound like Gen Z thinks men have it worse than the collective boomer generation does.

Maybe it’s a good thing Newsweek is only digital now.

by Anonymousreply 89March 16, 2024 11:30 PM

Gen Z grew up with affirmative action and Title IX in place their entire lives. White boys of this age group often felt that no matter how hard they worked or performed they would be last in line for the positions to which they aspired. Even it that is not accurate, a good number of my students felt that way.

by Anonymousreply 90March 16, 2024 11:34 PM

"1) as of 2023, there are only 41 female CEOs of S&P 500 companies. The fact that there are many male file clerks and janitors doesn't change the fact that women rarely lead large companies."

How does that change in any way what I have been saying, How is it proof that it isnt mostly out of choice?

"2) Claudia Golden said part of the reason for a gender pay gap is that women remove themselves from the workplace due to a lack of affordable child care. It's not that they are choosing not work or follow a particular career path but rather they don't have a choice due to a policy (no government funded childcare) that mostly impacts women. Sounds pretty unfair, right?"

If that explains part of it, which could be the case, it still has nothing to do with men getting the upper hand. Because as far as I know, the men wouldn't get that either. They het NOTHING.

"3) Men don't have unwanted pregnancies. They have unwanted child support payments. You can't compare this to actual pregnancy because it's not excruciating and sometimes life threatening. This is stupidest thing you said and I can picture Andrew Tate saying it."

If men cant have unwanted pregnancies why are you comparing them to women and saying its a sign of sexism. Why are you comparing apples to oranges? Again, it's a right that men don't have at all, so how is it a sign of sexism? And just because having to pay for a child fpr 18 years isnt the same as being pregnant and giving birth doesn't mean one thing should be an obligation and the other not.

"4) Getting punched in a bar fight by another man is not as bad as long-term physical abuse by a romantic partner or rape. Another dumbass Andrew Tate-ism"

I never compared man on woman violence, which for obvious reasons tends (key word is TENDS because there are many cases that prove otherwise) to be more physically harmful to the second. All I did is point out that men are NOT more violent to women than to men, but the opposiste, they tend to be MUCH LESS SO. So again, no sexism.

"5) No one is claiming that heterosexual men lead carefree lives. People are noticing how much more privileged hetero men are compared to women."

In what ways?

by Anonymousreply 91March 17, 2024 12:09 AM

What a bunch of feminist drivel R12. People are wising up to the whole victimhood act that's so common with a lot of women today. Even other women are starting to call it out, while letting men in on a few secrets.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92March 17, 2024 2:16 AM

Something like 90% of deaths on the job are men.

by Anonymousreply 93March 17, 2024 5:19 AM

This doesn't look like male privilege

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94March 17, 2024 5:25 AM

Average men and women are fucked over in different ways by society.

by Anonymousreply 95March 17, 2024 6:17 AM

[quote] White women are the most successful unemployed group in the US. There is a percentage, no matter how big or small, that have the opportunity not to work and live off their husbands.

Sutton Strake started her illustrious career as Merse Cunningham’s office manager and now gets 300k a month in spousal support from her ex-husband.

by Anonymousreply 96March 17, 2024 6:53 PM

[quote] White women are the most successful unemployed group in the US. There is a percentage, no matter how big or small, that have the opportunity not to work and live off their husbands.

My step-mom left her flailing real estate career 35 years ago when she had her first kid, my little brother. She now drives a custom Lamborghini Urus painted in the color of her favorite nail polish.

by Anonymousreply 97March 17, 2024 6:57 PM

What do you do for a living? “I’m married”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98March 17, 2024 7:00 PM

[quote]There are only eight Black CEOs of 500 five companies

Yeah but how many straight white rapper are there? That industry is dominated with black millionaires both men and woman. Some worth hundreds of millions of dollars.

by Anonymousreply 99March 20, 2024 3:28 AM

It is not just about child support. It's not all financial. After conception, a man cannot decide if he wants to be a father, ready to be a father, like a woman can decide whether or not she wants to be a mother. R64 R94

If you choose to have sex, understand that pregnancy is a risk, and be responsible enough to accept the consequences.

If you choose to have sex with someone without considering that the two of you may have different ideas of parenthood, that's on you.

These men were not coerced into having sex. They have to accept the consequences.

by Anonymousreply 100March 20, 2024 5:02 AM

R73 I think it's a tragedy that men are not able to get pregnant.

If men could get pregnant, they'd be less likely to join gangs and start wars. They would be too tired from being pregnant and raising children.

If men could get pregnant, imagine how different things would be. There would be excellent prenatal care, the right to abortion would be guaranteed and parental leave would be the norm.

by Anonymousreply 101March 20, 2024 5:13 AM

"If you choose to have sex with someone without considering that the two of you may have different ideas of parenthood, that's on you.

These men were not coerced into having sex. They have to accept the consequences"

I have heard the same exact argument from Pro Lifers to women.

by Anonymousreply 102March 20, 2024 6:42 AM

[quote]If men could get pregnant, imagine how different things would be. There would be excellent prenatal care, the right to abortion would be guaranteed and parental leave would be the norm.

This is kind of a major slight against women considering they are the majority of the voting population and could have had all of those things in place decades ago if they could just agree on anything as a whole. But they haven't. But the problem is the women are more prone to vote AGAINST their self-interest because even in their own lives, they put themselves last.

by Anonymousreply 103March 20, 2024 9:01 AM

[quote]These men were not coerced into having sex. They have to accept the consequences

But a lot of them were tricked into pregnancies. Why do you think Drake is out there putting hot sauce into used condoms? Getting pregnant with a rich man is better than a 401k for a lot of women.

by Anonymousreply 104March 20, 2024 9:03 AM

R100 you sound like a pro-lifer. R101 This is also feminist delusion because if men were so privileged how you imagine it, they would already have the choice to opt-out of parenthood and would get parental leave after their wives had birthed a child, yet none of that is happening.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 20, 2024 5:09 PM

[quote]White women are the most successful unemployed group in the US.

I’m not so sure about that. I’ve walked past several housing projects in NYC and seen some very nice cars. SUVs even!

by Anonymousreply 106March 20, 2024 5:41 PM

That’s because you’re walking by the Avenues School in Chelsea r106 - school of the mega-rich with their 50k a year tuition for kindergarten. It’s tucked in the projects over on 10th Avenue. There are a line of SUVs every morning.

by Anonymousreply 107March 20, 2024 6:56 PM

R106 As if there aren't plenty of white women/people who live in the projects. Dont be daft.

by Anonymousreply 108March 20, 2024 7:44 PM

For R63

Now I know only a psycho would do this. But the fact that this was actually made speaks volumes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109March 20, 2024 10:52 PM

^ Oh, and that it is not illegal…

by Anonymousreply 110March 20, 2024 10:53 PM

R109 well in the uk 5000 women were surveyed and 42% of them said they would lie about being on birth control against their partner's wishes of parenthood. I bet many of them would buy this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 20, 2024 11:07 PM

Gays Rejoice!

With casual heterosexual sex becoming an increasing liability for men in all ways, there will soon be a lot more available dick on the market. Between the uncertainty of whether or not the sex is consensual, to attempts to trap a man through a pregnancy for financial gain - it’s a minefield out their for a horny straight man who just needs to fuck a hole and go. Heterosexual sex will return to its rightful function as purely procreational.

by Anonymousreply 112March 20, 2024 11:14 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113March 25, 2024 9:55 AM

I don't think men are more discriminated against in general, but there is definitely still enormous pressure on men to be the breadwinner and not complain.

Suicide statistics among young men are still shockingly high and arguably stems from most men not feeling like they can talk about their problems for fear of being seen as weak. It's the old stereotype that men shouldn't cry or be anxious.

I think some women say the right things about theoretical matters around men, but it doesn't always bear out in practice. An anecdotal story but recently I was reading an exchange between a group of straight women on Facebook (they're acquaintances of mine) where they were sharing screenshots of men on dating apps and mocking them. A lot of the comments centred around men doing anything slightly feminine as giving them "the ick".

They're nice women who would be concerned about things like male suicide rates, but they didn't seem to realise that shaming men for not being uber masculine and only doing stereotypical man things helps feed into that mentality. I got the impression they'd say things like "men should definitely talk about their feelings, a man is more attractive if he can be open and honest", but when faced with that in reality, they'd probably say "he got a bit upset about that, it was a bit offputting".

And even though us gay men aren't interested in impressing women to win a date, we're still held to the same standards. Being honest, I still feel uncomfortable showing any outward emotion, as there's always a voice at the back of my mind that says "get over it and man up". I don't see how you undo that male mentality because it's so widespread.

by Anonymousreply 114March 25, 2024 10:19 AM

Women really don’t know what they want. They feel they should want one thing but in actuality they want another. I think men are much more straightforward and less confused about what they want in a partner.

by Anonymousreply 115March 25, 2024 10:24 AM

R114 true because it is innate in men to show less emotions. If we acknowledge that, we can help them better! Thanks for your story. It made me understand the emotions of a gay man. The woman in the video talks about the nature aspect and that it ain't nurture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 25, 2024 11:11 AM

[quote]because it is innate in men to show less emotions

R114 you should travel through Southern Europe. It’s not innate for men to show less emotion, it is part of the way men are socialized in different cultures. Men in European cultures are allowed to show the full range of human emotions much more freely without judgement than their American counterparts.

The idea of lone wolf who doesn’t need anyone and can make it on their own in the world with no help, is much idealized in the United States. This person can’t show vulnerability because that is a weakness.

by Anonymousreply 117March 25, 2024 11:25 AM

Rights never endure indefinitely.

I wonder if, in 100 years, women will still enjoy universal suffrage in the United States. Deep down, I'm sure there are a whole of men who would already like to take it away from them.

by Anonymousreply 118March 25, 2024 11:29 AM

[quote] Let's be brutally honest, when a young woman gets hired for a job, if she gets pregnant a year later she will be out of commission for months. Men don't do that.

Ever heard of paternity leave? We had a guy do that at my company recently. And he didn't even give birth.

by Anonymousreply 119March 25, 2024 11:43 AM

R117 They're probably happier overall then. I didn't even want to be seen crying at my father's funeral a couple of years ago. I read part of the eulogy to the whole church and a poem at his committal. I read the text over and over in private where it was OK to cry. It was a good tactic because it meant I didn't cry when reading them for real because I'd got all the emotion out and they were just words then.

It sounds silly even saying it because would anyone really think badly of a man for showing emotion at his father's funeral? Maybe not, but the shame associated with the idea of being seen crying in public was enough to stop me doing it.

by Anonymousreply 120March 25, 2024 12:09 PM

Women should raise kids, the world was better with stable mothers. Women got all this power and ability to succeed and they’re massively unhappy, plus they’ve ruined the workplace, it’s now completely inefficient and a lawsuit minefield for the most petty things. Plus, as gay men we should be concerned that they’re taking jobs that traditionally went to us and they only ever keep a single token gay around.

by Anonymousreply 121March 25, 2024 2:44 PM

R117 I think it is because they are not circumcised

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122March 25, 2024 11:16 PM

“Men’s rights,” “preachy females” = active measures. Anything to cause dissension and division.

by Anonymousreply 123March 26, 2024 12:38 AM

R123 I haven't heard those arguments back when second wave feminism started. I think it's time for men now to have their own movement and be freed of sexist gender roles like selectvie service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124March 26, 2024 4:05 AM

Gen Z is not wrong my friend....not wrong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 28, 2024 3:15 PM

Bunch of incels.

by Anonymousreply 126March 28, 2024 3:31 PM

Neither men nor Boomers are being discriminated against.

by Anonymousreply 127March 28, 2024 5:06 PM

R127 mmmhmmm, they sure ain’t, but they shouldn’t waste time submitting a resume either. Hahahaha

by Anonymousreply 128March 28, 2024 6:20 PM

Big babies.

by Anonymousreply 129March 28, 2024 6:42 PM

R129 same can be said for larquisha when she doesn’t get hired. BIG BABIES.

by Anonymousreply 130March 28, 2024 6:45 PM

We’re entering our Eye for an Eye era

by Anonymousreply 131March 28, 2024 6:46 PM

Every other race and sex not hired, or barely hired for centuries, yet the world has to stop because the pace of white men getting hired has slowed down for five years. Get a grip.

by Anonymousreply 132March 28, 2024 11:03 PM

R132 It's not my fault that the black people in NIGERA aren't hiring other black people but only the white folks.

by Anonymousreply 133March 29, 2024 2:10 AM

R4 is correct.

Why the hell is R4 crossed out like that?

by Anonymousreply 134March 29, 2024 2:44 AM

Well you're about right R134. I think it has to do with cold weather that makes humans so brutal, it really ignites survival instincts and savagery. Yes every nation fought against each other, killed each other. But white men's warring and killing touched every single corner of the globe like no other population - from Africa to South America to North America to Asia to India to Australia. There is no population of human beings on Earth that white men have not attempted to brutalize, to wipe out, including their own. It's like a Napoleon complex, little dick energy, on a Global scale. You come from a tiny cold continent like Europe and you have to dominate. With a name like Smuckers...

But back to them crying about jobs because they have control of everything, everywhere, all of the time...

by Anonymousreply 135March 29, 2024 8:57 AM

They get just a taste of what everyone else has learned to live with for centuries and they lose their minds.

by Anonymousreply 136March 29, 2024 8:59 AM

From a human perspective, I can completely understand it. America has been the white man's crowning achievement for the last 250 years. It was a stroke of genius selling the fantasy that all men are equal, all men can participate, while they themselves still held all the power. But the world is changing. Globalization has to be factored into it now. Way back when I was in school in the 80s it was forecasted that white people, white men would be a minority in America by 2045. But don't fret, white people have been minority rulers of myriad of nations in the world over their history. You just have to step up your game, through education, not through violence. There will no longer be this fraternal league of "Benefit of the Doubt." You won't be able to get Cs at Yale and still expect to become President. Your best schools are educating your replacements, because you have dropped out or rested on your laurels for too long. The poster above mentioned Nigerians. Every Nigerian I know here (family members) are Doctors, Lawyers, Bankers educated at the Ivy's and Oxford. India, China and other Asian countries have huge sectors of highly educated populaces. We are not quite there yet, but the days of things just being handed to white men, because they are white (and you even lost the awareness that that is what was happening) will be over. You might say "oh, they just got the job because they are black, or because they are a woman." Maybe that was the case at first, but you will realize soon enough, that maybe they are just better - because they had to fight twice as hard to get where they are. Fighting for your place in the world JUST might do you white men some good.

by Anonymousreply 137March 29, 2024 9:29 AM

The smart Nigerians are shipped to white countries. That's why they excell over white boys. But within countries like Nigeria, the homophobic blacks remain 🌚 Sad.

by Anonymousreply 138March 29, 2024 9:43 AM

AI will replace everyone soon enough. The POC missed the 90s, it was the peak and it was glorious. Sorry for your luck.

by Anonymousreply 139March 29, 2024 12:42 PM

[quote]The smart Nigerians are shipped to white countries. That's why they excell over white boys. But within countries like Nigeria, the homophobic blacks remain 🌚 Sad.

Well the fact that Nigerians can go to a foreign land and do better than the white boys living in said land speaks volumes about them. And a lot of them have returned to Nigeria, (I was just there last Christmas), and are buying up everything as well as the homes they own here in the United States and in London.

by Anonymousreply 140March 29, 2024 4:19 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!