Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Did straight men ever jerk off to Cher back in the day?

Her only following seems to be gay men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2024 2:58 AM

I know that my father and uncles, who were born in the '50s, thought she was hot in the early '70s, when she and Sonny had their popular variety show.

They thought she was sexy and an ideal woman but got really weird after the divorce, which was a turn-off.

by Anonymousreply 1March 11, 2024 9:12 PM

Op is limited

by Anonymousreply 2March 11, 2024 9:20 PM

Of course. Everyone thought she was hot in the ‘Turn back time” video.

by Anonymousreply 3March 11, 2024 9:22 PM

she was hot in the 70s and showed her body off a lot

by Anonymousreply 4March 11, 2024 9:23 PM

Op you made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 5March 11, 2024 9:25 PM

The Bob Mackie costumes on her variety show were too flamboyant for any straight man.

by Anonymousreply 6March 11, 2024 9:32 PM

The old SF baths used to have a glory hole with Cher's face painted over it. Half Breed would play as you got sucked off

by Anonymousreply 7March 11, 2024 9:36 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 11, 2024 9:38 PM

You're asking that [italic]here[/italic], OP?

All I can tell you was that [italic]I[/italic] never did. Waaay too feminine for me, which suggests incredibly high maintenance. But she had a beautiful body.

by Anonymousreply 9March 11, 2024 9:41 PM

I certainly did which would make her laugh and laugh and would soon turn me into a sour mood.

by Anonymousreply 10March 11, 2024 9:55 PM

Sonny and Cher presenting Best Song at the 1973 Oscars.

Check out the abs on Cher.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 11, 2024 9:58 PM

Straight baby boomer guys may not like Cher, but most women I know admire Cher, as do gays natch, and younger generations, too.

by Anonymousreply 12March 11, 2024 10:08 PM

Cher was always fabulous, funny, provocative, outrageous, glamorous and talented. But she was also always strong and independent. And it just seems to me that straight men would prefer their women sexy and a bit vulnerable, someone they could perhaps dominate.--or at least someone who might respond to their lust. Cher was not that kind of chick. Gay men respond to Cher's glamour and fierceness. Cher always gave off vibes that while she may like straight men, she doesn't need one. As a result, if Cher doesn't need a man, straight men don't always respond to her, and she doesn't seem to care. In the '70s, straight men preferred the classic beauties like Farrah Fawcett and Christie Brinkley..

Cher was attractive, beautiful and sexy. But she didn't flaunt her sex appeal for straight men. Cher flaunted it for herself. Gay men like that diva persona; and for the most part, straight men don't know what to do with it. Cher showed off her sexuality and appeal through her music and fashion--and in later years through her activism and philanthropy. She wasn't waiting around for a man to sweep her off her feet.

by Anonymousreply 13March 11, 2024 10:08 PM

HAAHAALF BREEHHEEEEED

by Anonymousreply 14March 11, 2024 11:00 PM

No one on here is straight. How would we know Mary?

by Anonymousreply 15March 11, 2024 11:46 PM

Cher had to have one of the all time career upswings after her Oscar win...

It seemed to give her another 30 years worth of work....that and the big single Believe in the late 90s.

She had a lot of duds, but you don't remember them.

by Anonymousreply 16March 12, 2024 12:20 AM

Another thread by our resident gay incel fetishist of straight men.

LE FUCKING SNORE

by Anonymousreply 17March 12, 2024 12:28 AM

I remember when Abortion Hut sponsored her. "If I Could Turn Back Time" became the official Abortion Hut jingle for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 18March 12, 2024 12:29 AM

We preferred...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 12, 2024 1:14 AM

[quote] "Of course. Everyone thought she was hot in the ‘Turn back time” video."

Including MTV. So much so, that they relegated the clip to late night time slots.

I happen to think Cher was at her most physically attractive in the 1980s, & early 1990s.

by Anonymousreply 20March 12, 2024 1:31 AM

I doubt it, since there were no posters of her. Every single straight male in the 70s had Farrah Fawcett in her red swimsuit up on their wall.

by Anonymousreply 21March 12, 2024 2:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22March 12, 2024 3:01 AM

[quote] Cher always gave off vibes that while she may like straight men, she doesn't need one.

She certainly did her share of sampling.

by Anonymousreply 23March 12, 2024 3:13 AM

Did any DLers jack off to Cher?

by Anonymousreply 24March 12, 2024 3:19 AM

Well said, R13. I’ve always loved her straight-ahead honesty.

“Three months later I’m a gal in trouble and I haven’t seen him for a while.”

Not a slice of life I remember anybody else singing about (but I’d be happy to stand corrected).

by Anonymousreply 25March 12, 2024 3:21 AM

Well, I'm sure I don't know, darling. She never sucked my cock.

by Anonymousreply 26March 12, 2024 3:26 AM

If it exists, a straight man somewhere has jerked off to it. From Marjorie Main and Spring Byington to Mercedes McCambridge and linoleum tile, there's nothing that won't do in a pinch. (The linoleum joke was borrowed from "Buffy the Vampire Slayer.")

by Anonymousreply 27March 12, 2024 3:27 AM

While Cher can be sexy, she's not sex. She's glamour, larger than life and provocative. Cher is fierce and talented. Men don't jackoff to Cher. They get out of her way and stand in awe of her.

by Anonymousreply 28March 12, 2024 3:28 AM

Cher once said that throughout her life most men her age don't ask her out. That's all you need to know about how straight men Cher's age react to her.

That's why she has the reputation of dating younger men.

by Anonymousreply 29March 12, 2024 3:32 AM

The only one who ever jerked off to Cher is Cher.

by Anonymousreply 30March 12, 2024 3:52 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31March 12, 2024 5:22 AM

Cher was sublime in "Tea With Mussolini."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32March 12, 2024 6:34 AM

I don't remember her being a sex symbol. Us kids would imitate her performances, but I wouldn't call that a sex symbol.

That "Turn Back Time" video was awful, IMO. Horrible outfit. Skin-baring, yet unsexy. IN MY OPINION.

Kudos to her, though, for always being able to snag a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33March 12, 2024 6:35 AM

Too skinny for straight guys.

by Anonymousreply 34March 12, 2024 7:05 AM

Straight men jerked off to a fucking hole in ground back in the day

by Anonymousreply 35March 12, 2024 7:08 AM

I think she was her sexiest in The Witches of Eastwick. Particularly in the beginning of the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36March 12, 2024 7:32 AM

[quote]Too skinny for straight guys.

Agreed. She had a body women wanted—not men.

by Anonymousreply 37March 12, 2024 7:33 AM

Cher is fucking torture. Never got her. Never will.

When I was in college, I did a nice thing for my mom and bought her two tickets to see Cher at Madison Sq Garden. (This would have been 1992.) The concert wasn't until September or so, so it gave her plenty of time to dig up some other Jersey hair hopper to drag along with her.

Oh no. Guess who got stuck taking her. It was three hours of Cher changing costumes over a sheep bleating in pain.

by Anonymousreply 38March 12, 2024 8:26 AM

Sure r38. You were screaming your fey tits off with the other boys.

by Anonymousreply 39March 12, 2024 11:06 AM

Sort of.

by Anonymousreply 40March 12, 2024 11:30 AM

OP, the 70s were all about men jerking off to the stars of television variety shows, from Cher to Carol Burnett to Lorene Yarnell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 12, 2024 12:01 PM

I know I only Jacked off to the sight of a yellow school bus. When I saw one I got Hard Hard Hard. They should make a song about that.

by Anonymousreply 42March 12, 2024 12:35 PM

[quote]Straight men jerked off to a fucking hole in ground back in the day

EVERY DAY

by Anonymousreply 43March 12, 2024 12:43 PM

Another moronic post…

by Anonymousreply 44March 12, 2024 12:46 PM

I love her acting and her personality but can’t stand her music

by Anonymousreply 45March 12, 2024 2:31 PM

OP -Her image, before turning to acting, was a decent vocalist with a good body and a passable face who knowingly embraced a highly stylized, almost parodic, version of glamour that was over the top even by 70s standards.

While this is textbook catnip to many, many gay men it tends to leave straight guys cold. She actually got prettier with her 80s surgeries and people respected her talent as an actress because it was such a fucking surprise, but she was never conventionally “sexy.”

by Anonymousreply 46March 12, 2024 3:53 PM

[quote] I think she was her sexiest in The Witches of Eastwick. Particularly in the beginning of the film.

I do, too. I saw the movie on opening night at the Chinese in Hollywood and I distinctly remember hearing the entire audience take in a collective breath the moment Cher apperaed on the screen riding a bike.

by Anonymousreply 47March 12, 2024 5:35 PM

Odd that some here say Cher had a "nice face," when they call Streisand's fugly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48March 12, 2024 6:23 PM

What do you mean, "back in the day"? I flogged my log to her just last week! That little hellcat really turns my crank. Yowzer!

by Anonymousreply 49March 12, 2024 10:24 PM

She has never been conventionally beautiful, but she makes up for it with her enormous talent and charisma. Also, I agree with R46: after the first surgeries, her features became more delicate and pleasant and she looked genuinely pretty. However, by the late 90s she already looked like a melting Barbie doll.

I have no idea whether straight men have ever found her desirable (and quite frankly, I don't see why we gay men would be concerned about that), but I do find her deliriously tacky idea of glamour, her acting and musical choices and her devil-may-care, what you see is what you get attitude, to be utterly awesome.

by Anonymousreply 50March 12, 2024 10:38 PM

[quote] I know I only Jacked off to the sight of a yellow school bus. When I saw one I got Hard Hard Hard. They should make a song about that

PEDO ALERT! There's nothing sexy about a school bus. They are usually full of children.

by Anonymousreply 51March 12, 2024 10:55 PM

[quote]but she makes up for it with her enormous talent and charisma

I resent that!

by Anonymousreply 52March 12, 2024 11:27 PM

Sorry Barbra @R52, but you aren't just outside the bounds of conventional beauty. You're effing ugly. Still, you're a better singer than Cher will ever be and sometimes, just as talented an actress (mainly, when you're not self-indulgently directing yourself). It's only too bad that you've spent the last 34 years releasing the same insanely boring album over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 53March 12, 2024 11:33 PM

OP needs to go to a forum of straight men to ask this. How the hell does a group of gay men know if straight men wanked off to Cher ?

by Anonymousreply 54March 12, 2024 11:46 PM

Cher said she was interested in A Star is Born....but when Streisand got involved that was the end of that. Just so you youngsters understand the star power of Babs vs Cher, even at the height of Cher's career. Cher certainly did.

by Anonymousreply 55March 12, 2024 11:49 PM

Everyone is gay, how the fuck would we know

by Anonymousreply 56April 18, 2024 2:58 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!