Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Motion-based AI recreates Game of Thrones as an MGM Technicolor epic from the Fifties

This is the future of entertainment.

Very good looking and period correct Jaime Lannister.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 21, 2024 10:27 PM

That looks like shit and no human would pay to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2024 11:38 PM

I was not consulted!!!

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2024 11:41 PM

R1 no one paid

It was free

Did you pay to watch that? Did a pop up ask you for your credit card and social security number?

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2024 11:41 PM

Haha, I watched 20 seconds and found it infinitely better than what my boyfriend made sit through — Mercifully, it was the the last season.

by Anonymousreply 4March 10, 2024 12:41 AM

AI? You'd figure the cast would be all black.

by Anonymousreply 5March 10, 2024 2:30 AM

I laughed at the book cover at the end.

by Anonymousreply 6March 10, 2024 2:40 AM

The did Dune!

And it looks better than Dennis Villeneuve’s “Peter Zumthor wuz here” aesthetic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 29, 2024 12:33 AM

[quote]That looks like shit and no human would pay to watch it.

It was made by a random youtuber, not a multi-million (or billion) dollar movie studio.

If that can be done by some guys who are making minimal money from their effort, a full blown studio with millions in resources to hire teams of top tier talent will be able to produce high quality movies at a fraction of the cost of what it takes today with a lot less hassle and no worries about embarrassing trials like Johnny Depp or Kevin Spacey allegations.

Both AI and stuff like Chatgpt have evolved faster than sci fi aliens in the past two years. Add to that the advances of things like Real Engine 5 and Nvidia graphics, we are within a few years of a studio-backed production attempt which will take a huge bite out of "live action" movies and tv shows.

by Anonymousreply 8March 29, 2024 1:22 AM

Aunt Pittypat gesturing for her vapors.

by Anonymousreply 9March 29, 2024 1:50 AM

The Dune one at R7 looks much better. I would definitely watch that.

by Anonymousreply 10March 29, 2024 2:02 AM

[quote]That looks like shit and no human would pay to watch it.

This is only the beginning.

A year and a half ago you would not have been able to do that. That's how quickly things are progressing. In 2 or 3 years time, the results will be flawless.

by Anonymousreply 11March 29, 2024 2:05 AM

The yearning for the past with shitty versions of film complete with all the crap flying all over the screen.

Pitiful.

by Anonymousreply 12March 29, 2024 2:12 AM

Pirates as Walt Disney would have imagined it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13March 29, 2024 2:40 AM

To reiterate the above point at r11

This same creator made this just 11 months ago.

Compare with above

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 29, 2024 2:43 AM

I love the way they made Sophie Turner/Sansa Stark look in this.

by Anonymousreply 15March 29, 2024 2:45 AM

The Legend of Zelda

by Anonymousreply 16March 29, 2024 2:47 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 29, 2024 2:47 AM

[quote]The yearning for the past with shitty versions of film complete with all the crap flying all over the screen. Pitiful.

I think all of this is going right over your head.

The creator is an amateur making 1 minute clips for YouTube.

It's really an exercise showing what AI is capable of doing at this early stage.

by Anonymousreply 18March 29, 2024 2:58 AM

The grain and dust and hair is way too much. They could tone that down by 50% and it would look less fake.

Otherwise it is pretty impressive, especially the Dune one.

by Anonymousreply 19March 29, 2024 3:06 AM

AI John Snow makes my mussy damp

by Anonymousreply 20March 29, 2024 3:19 AM

I hate AI and CGI so much. It’s like soybean oil. I can always tell when it’s in there.

by Anonymousreply 21March 29, 2024 6:46 AM

They said the same thing about earlier iterations of computerized graphics. George Lucas was saying back in the 1980s that live-action film-making would “soon” be passé. He then used computers to give us three of the most shit movies ever made. That prequel trilogy is tedious as fuck.

And then we got Pixar and DreamWorks animated stuff. It just became an additional type of thing to watch, not a replacement. I figure that’s just how it’ll keep going. The new stuff just hitches on to the back of the train. It never replaces anything. Cf: CDs and vinyl

by Anonymousreply 22March 29, 2024 6:57 AM

So....animation. Cartoons.

by Anonymousreply 23March 29, 2024 7:02 AM

I just don't know how this makes people's lives easier or better or gentler. Makes me kind of glad I'm getting older, have assets, and won't have to deal with the consequences of this shit for too long.

by Anonymousreply 24March 29, 2024 7:05 AM

That looks so fake and bad with the super fake dust and scratched. Why does Peter Dinklage look like a “big eyes” painting.

I get OP is a shill for AI but that looks like shit. The fact that you think that looks good shows you care more about the technology than what it actually delivers. I’ll say, remember the Final Fantasy film and Polar Express? Mainstream audiences hate that shit.

by Anonymousreply 25March 29, 2024 7:17 AM

R25 Polar Express was made for $175 million dollars in 2004 (inflation adjusted about $290 million.)

These little films were made by one person using less than $100/month subscription of publicly available software in a couple of hours.

The fact that you have placed these films’ quality on par with Polar Express and Final Fantasy should terrify you.

Also, you seem extremely literal. Are you autistic or something?

by Anonymousreply 26March 29, 2024 1:05 PM

One of the most famous quotes about Hollywood is that “a movie is just an expensive dream.” Irving Thalburg or maybe Louis B. Mayer.

What if that dream suddenly becomes inexpensive.

That’s going to be the new reality.

by Anonymousreply 27March 29, 2024 1:11 PM

It already became inexpensive with smartphone cameras and programs like Adobe Premiere and FinalCut Pro for a lot of it.

by Anonymousreply 28March 29, 2024 1:30 PM

I have to say....most of the cast were better looking in this AI version.

by Anonymousreply 29March 29, 2024 1:42 PM

AI is already destroying the jobs of writers, actors, artists, directors.

by Anonymousreply 30March 29, 2024 4:47 PM

They all look 30 lbs heavier than they did on the show.

Did the YouTuber make this for a fat fetish channel?

by Anonymousreply 31March 29, 2024 5:10 PM

You have to AI Lena Headey anyway to remove the hideous tattoos for Cersei. What concealer can hide that shit? I liked this, I agree with the critiques upthread somewhat but it makes me want all kinds of AI cinematic mashups!

by Anonymousreply 32March 29, 2024 5:21 PM

Don’t you insult me, R26 - I’ll slap your fat, prolapsed bottom!

by Anonymousreply 33March 29, 2024 6:10 PM

Alien

The mock poster at the end is actually quite brilliant. Terrifying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34April 21, 2024 9:31 PM

I’m already tired of these clips.

by Anonymousreply 35April 21, 2024 9:44 PM

Looks more like a Spaghetti Western, or a Hollywood-On-The-Tigris cheapie.

by Anonymousreply 36April 21, 2024 10:27 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!