Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sharon Osbourne claims 'nobody will employ' her in the U.S.

Sharon Osbourne says she's having trouble finding work in the United States lately.

While appearing on Celebrity Big Brother in the United Kingdom, the media personality discussed public backlash following accusations of racist behavior on The Talk with her housemates. “I got banned in America,” Osbourne said to her costars Lauren Simon and Louis Walsh (via Yahoo!). “I did nothing wrong.”

Yahoo! reports that after Simon asked Osbourne if she was permitted to work in the U.S., the Osbournes star responded, “I can legally…but nobody will employ me because they say I am racist.” Simon observed that Osbourne is Jewish, to which she responded, “I know, and that’s what I said to them!”

“They think we don’t know what it’s like to be picked on,” Osbourne continued. “I wouldn’t pick on anyone because of their race or religion, ever.”

Reps for Osbourne did not immediately respond to EW’s request for comment.

Osbourne generated controversy on The Talk in March 2021 when she defended Piers Morgan amid backlash to his questioning the validity of Meghan Markle’s comments about mental health issues during her Oprah Winfrey interview. Osbourne insisted that Morgan is “not racist” and said, "Did I like everything he said? Did I agree with what he said? No.” She explained that she wanted to defend Morgan "Because it's his opinion. It's not my opinion… I support him for his freedom of speech, and he's my friend."

Cohost Sheryl Underwood said, "While you are standing by your friend, it appears that you are giving validation or safe haven to something that he has uttered that is racist," to which Osbourne responded, "I feel like I'm about to be put in the electric chair because I have a friend who many people think is racist, so that makes me a racist.”

After the heated on-air exchange, Osbourne was accused of racist and homophobic behavior behind the scenes of The Talk. Osbourne denied these allegations. She exited the series shortly thereafter.

"The events of the March 10 broadcast were upsetting to everyone involved, including the audience watching at home," CBS said in a statement at the time. "As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon's behavior toward her co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values for a respectful workplace."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 2, 2024 9:05 PM

I thought she and Ozzie had returned to the UK because America was a shithole. She tried to get publicity with things like Ozempic and that didn't work so she's essentially repeating the same story she said years back. And I saw her a number of times on Fox News so someone wants to hear her.

by Anonymousreply 1March 9, 2024 7:36 AM

She's a right-wing cunt.

We have enough of those people in our country already.

Stay in the fucking UK. We don't want you!

by Anonymousreply 2March 9, 2024 7:37 AM

Sharon also didn't read the room. She had a large black fanbase because of The Talk. That all went away with her defense of Morgan. Even black reporters like Kevin Frazier really turned on her. If she really wanted to get back into the public graces, and you know this is killing her, she needs Sheryl. if they went on TV and talked about what was said, she could make a comeback. But Sheryl won't go for it. She's screwed.

by Anonymousreply 3March 9, 2024 7:42 AM

She said this in a fucking Chanel dress with a gorgeous applique gardenia. Go count your money and fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 4March 9, 2024 7:43 AM

She said her and Ozzie moved to California because of the British press. She has a harsh personality

by Anonymousreply 5March 9, 2024 7:44 AM

Is she about 97? She should shut the fuck up and leave the rest of us alone.

by Anonymousreply 6March 9, 2024 7:44 AM

She's saying on Celebrity Big Brother that they're making the UK their home base later this year.

by Anonymousreply 7March 9, 2024 7:45 AM

The entire Osbourne family can fuck right off.

Especially those two cunts Sharon and Kelly.

We DEFINITELY don't want them here.

by Anonymousreply 8March 9, 2024 7:46 AM

Post-Brexit Britain, once again getting what they deserve.

by Anonymousreply 9March 9, 2024 7:50 AM

I googled their plans to move back to the UK and it was like watching a tennis match. We're moving, no we're not, yes, we are, Ozzy wants to stay, etc. I think both are desperate to stay in LA so she's trying one last final gasp to try to play the victim to gain sympathy. It didn't work before and it won't now.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2024 7:55 AM

I enjoy Jack Osbourne's Portals to Hell show. I was actually watching it last night. It's a ghost hunting show that's fun to watch. He seems pretty well adjusted. I had no idea he has four kids now.

Sharon has been attacking her fellow brit celebs and others on Celebrity Big Brother UK I think. She said James Corden as a gross name-dropper and basically called Anna Wintour a cunt. After that she went on to fake vomit when Elle Degeneras was mentioned. I don't mind Sharon at all. She is a smart woman and I admire that. But anyone going through what her face is going through now should be kinder to people.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2024 8:01 AM

R3 is a typical fascist thug.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2024 8:07 AM

“The Talk”, such an ironic title, has had so many women kicked off it’s not even funny. They set Sharon up big time and were caught lying. Fuck them.

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2024 8:08 AM

Ozzy was having an affair for four years a couple of years ago. Sharon left him. They got back together not too long ago.

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2024 8:09 AM

One of the few things I remember about the talk is what Wendy Williams had to say about Cheryl. Wendy basically said Cheryl was playing "The Coon" on the show and was down for whatever they wanted to do to her. She said they could pour a bag of flour over her and throw baloney at her head and she would laugh all the way through it. I miss Wendy Williams. She wasn't 100% transparent, but she went after celebrity culture and said things no one else was saying on TV.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2024 8:17 AM

I got a coupla Johns that need cleaning in Florida. Call me.

by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2024 8:18 AM

Finally! Our national nightmare is over.

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2024 9:06 AM

Anything to admit she's not a talentless washed up husk who got lucky and FINALLY met a deserved fate, right?

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2024 9:24 AM

Finally, the American public can "breath".

by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2024 9:42 AM

You can call Sharon Osbourne a lot of things, but talentless is not one of them. No she’s not a performer but she is a savvy businesswoman. She managed Black Sabbath, ELO and Smashing Pumpkins and created and produced the biggest rock festival in America.

by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2024 10:13 AM

Oh, fuck off R20.

No one here cares.

She's still a rancid CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2024 10:19 AM

An effective cunt is still a cunt in a world where there are many effective, wonderful people.

by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2024 10:21 AM

Anyone who squashes Sheryl Underwood is ok with me. Stupid bitch playing the victim.

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2024 10:27 AM

I think Sharon Osbourne can't get work in the US because she doesn't have a fan base and no one cares about her. She's a "name" but is anyone clamoring to see her on a third-rate reality or talk show?

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2024 10:34 AM

[quote] I can legally…but nobody will employ me because they say I am racist.” Simon observed that Osbourne is Jewish, to which she responded, “I know, and that’s what I said to them!”

I’m Jewish too!

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2024 10:42 AM

Well hon, that's what having a big mouth and the inability to censor yourself does for you in the good ol' U.S. of A.

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2024 10:47 AM

Love how her being Jewish is supposed to inoculate her from being racist.

Just like any persecuted group, there are shockingly many racist Jews. (Just like there are shockingly many anti-trans gays.) And for the poster who quotes Wendy Williams’s view on Sheryl: she’s your voice of reason? Okay.

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2024 10:47 AM

She fucked about and got found out.

She should go away and count herself lucky that she and her entire family got away with it for so long.

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2024 10:47 AM

[quote]You can call Sharon Osbourne a lot of things, but talentless is not one of them. No she’s not a performer but she is a savvy businesswoman. She managed Black Sabbath, ELO and Smashing Pumpkins and created and produced the biggest rock festival in America.

That's not talent ya knucklehead, that's a skill and she learned that from her manager father who she hated. She has ZERO talent is only famous because she fucked a rock star, her cash cow. She barely knew who any of the guests that were on "The Talk" and it was quite obvious. She should stay in the UK and do a show or podcast with her great friend the obnoxious Piers.

by Anonymousreply 29March 9, 2024 10:50 AM

[quote] She should stay in the UK and do a show or podcast with her great friend the obnoxious Piers.

They can call it "The Klan Grannies."

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2024 10:54 AM

Read up on her sociopath father. Quite a genetic background she's embraced.

by Anonymousreply 31March 9, 2024 11:09 AM

Her big mouth gave her a career, and then cost her it.

by Anonymousreply 32March 9, 2024 11:22 AM

She has no performing skills or talent other than being a celebrity and talking. Celebrity comes and goes and maybe it just went for her. The old 15 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 33March 9, 2024 11:23 AM

She's a horror. Her and her daughter Kelly are both overbearing jerks.

by Anonymousreply 34March 9, 2024 11:27 AM

Her net worth is estimated at $440M, twice that of her husband. All for having done nothing if any note whatsoever, for flogging herself anywhere that would.pay.

Maybe instead of complaining about losing employment opportunities she might give it a fucking rest already. At age 71 she could count her money for years, or invest it wisely and watch the fat returns, or start burning small piles of it every day until death finds her. Anything so long as it's out of the limelight.

by Anonymousreply 35March 9, 2024 1:23 PM

R35, she can't. She's addicted to the spotlight, namely the US spotlight which is the biggest stage for her. It sounds like she's still being hired in the UK. Why can't she just accept that? Because it doesn't pay as well and the exposure isn't as great so she's on her whining campaign. It won't work, not for any other reason except out of sight, out of mind. Being away from the US public hurt her more than anything. Now no one cares about her or her situation. She knows that and it's killing her.

by Anonymousreply 36March 9, 2024 2:39 PM

She whines NONSTOP - and she creates these artificial dramas (Ozzy cheated - and that whole embarrassing Lemonade Beyonce take-off stunt), my son has a disease and they won't hire him so I'm protesting, all I did was defend free speech - when she's defending one of the worst assholes on the planet WHO DID lie and say racist shit.

Then there was the Ozempic bullshit - and collapsing on her son's show. The list goes on and on.

She's a drama queen - also not everyone deserves the two decade spotlight in entertainment. People come and go. You don't stay at the top forever. Particularly with no talent or accomplishments. Well, except the Kardashians.

by Anonymousreply 37March 9, 2024 2:56 PM

The problem she has and that her daughter has is that they don't understand the difference between being honest and being nasty.

by Anonymousreply 38March 9, 2024 3:03 PM

She has one of the worst voices I've ever heard. Shrill is an understatement.

by Anonymousreply 39March 9, 2024 3:13 PM

[quote] She's saying on Celebrity Big Brother that they're making the UK their home base later this year.

What is she, an F-35?

by Anonymousreply 40March 9, 2024 3:21 PM

I'm confused. She was the wife of a drug damaged has been rock singer that appeared and a reality TV show. What exactly are her qualifications for eomployment?

by Anonymousreply 41March 9, 2024 3:54 PM

Bye, bitch. You are not missed - and U.S. is celebrating your departure.

by Anonymousreply 42March 9, 2024 4:10 PM

Anyone who openly and proudly brags about sending her children’s shit in Tiffany boxes to her enemies is a trash person who deserves whatever they get.

by Anonymousreply 43March 9, 2024 4:41 PM

[quote]Sharon Osbourne claims 'nobody will employ' her in the U.S.

There IS a god!

by Anonymousreply 44March 9, 2024 4:42 PM

[quote] Wendy basically said Cheryl was playing "The Coon" on the show and was down for whatever they wanted to do to her. She said they could pour a bag of flour over her and throw baloney at her head and she would laugh all the way through it.

And then Wendy Williams played The Coon on her own show, acting like she didn't know why historically black colleges & universities (HBCUs, e.g., Howard U) existed.

But you're right, Wendy sometimes said some good shit.

by Anonymousreply 45March 9, 2024 4:46 PM

They don't need money but if you want something to do, make a podcast like everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 46March 9, 2024 5:00 PM

She'll never leave Ozzy and will never change her name, either.

by Anonymousreply 47March 9, 2024 5:02 PM

Or maybe she’s just a cunt? She comes across as unlikable. And the stories of her behind the scenes bullying and overall cuntitude are turning people off. I know that showbiz is a cutthroat industry but a little niceness goes a long way.

by Anonymousreply 48March 9, 2024 6:26 PM

[quote]Her net worth is estimated at $440M, twice that of her husband. A

Now that is complete made up horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 49March 9, 2024 7:07 PM

[quote]“I can legally…but nobody will employ me because they say I am racist.”

In-N-Out Burger is paying $18 an hour to start.

Oh. Not THAT kind of job, Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 50March 9, 2024 7:58 PM

Exactly, R50.

Sharon Osbourne is such a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 51March 10, 2024 5:33 PM

So they hired her for Big Brother to drop littlle nasty tidbits about celebs. How classy. I bet she goes home to sleep at night.

by Anonymousreply 52March 10, 2024 9:27 PM

Ozzy needs to tell her to stop being a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 53March 10, 2024 10:21 PM

She handled the racially charged situations (which she escalated) like a white, entitled, clueless cunt shrew who self-canceled. We're done with her and her stupid, vain, self-centered family.

by Anonymousreply 54March 10, 2024 11:55 PM

She used to do a ghost show with her son where they watched videos with Ozzy and commented on them. I see even that network doesn't want her anymore.

by Anonymousreply 55March 11, 2024 1:45 AM

Bitch got Markled by association.

by Anonymousreply 56March 11, 2024 3:44 AM

Clearly, you fucking gargoyle, you have nothing anybody wants anymore.

by Anonymousreply 57March 11, 2024 5:09 AM

They sure are r27. Also on the hick side. Travel extends only to Israel and maybe the Caribbean and every other place in the world is “icky”. Sharon is a fucking asshole and Ozzy used to be great but now he’s such a wreck when they shove his drug addled ass onto the stage he looks like a zombie. How anyone can defend or even admit to being a friend of Piersbury Doughboy is lunacy. Oh right, her highness the Rottweiler is, isn’t she?

by Anonymousreply 58March 11, 2024 5:24 AM

It's been 22 years since The Osbournes. They've more than overstayed their welcome.

by Anonymousreply 59March 11, 2024 5:33 AM

Sharon, you have been voted ONTO the island.

DL has spoken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 11, 2024 5:51 AM

Doesn't she have a British passport and money. She doesn't need to be employed in U.S.

by Anonymousreply 61March 11, 2024 6:29 AM

Another vote for unlikeable cunt. I can’t decide which Osborne female I detest more.

by Anonymousreply 62March 11, 2024 7:43 AM

R37, when did Morgan lie and say racist stuff about Meghan? He hates Meghan because she befriended him, but then ditched him after meeting Harry. He had her pegged as a user as soon as he realised he'd never hear from her again, when previously she'd buddied up to him and they'd discussed her appearing on his [then] morning TV show.

He said he didn't believe a word of what Meghan said in the Oprah interview and so many of her claims have proven to be lies.

And the biggest, most controversial claim was BS. I come from a mixed background and it's normal to have people marrying in (and their relatives) asking if their children will be dark-skinned (black), just as they wonder about hair colour, eye colour, straight or curly hair. If they were racist, they wouldn't have married into our family, FFS!

by Anonymousreply 63March 19, 2024 9:03 AM

She got lots of money for doing Celebrity Big Brother (reportedly ITV would only take her on for a week because her fee for the whole series was eye wateringly high).

She's also 71 and has made money all her working life. So why does she need to continue working? She and Ozzy are rich.

by Anonymousreply 64March 19, 2024 9:16 AM

Because it's not about the money R64, it's about the fame. I am sure she is still the plain fat woman in her mind that she was when she first was managing Ozzy's career. But she wanted to be a star too. Judging by her appearance, I would say she doesn't much care for herself either, seeing how she's tortured any resemblance to her former self out of her body. But it's about the fame, and wanting to crush all of the people who said she could never be front of camera. That never goes away, and that impulse is never satiated.

by Anonymousreply 65March 19, 2024 10:30 AM

She looks like a startled woodpecker with all that surgery. Want a come back story?

I would watch a film if she remade Leona Helmsley’s life, but only if John Waters directed it and it was high camp!

by Anonymousreply 66March 19, 2024 10:47 AM

This is what she sees in the mirror, I am sure, every time she has a tweak scheduled.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 19, 2024 10:48 AM

Sharon is a bit annoying. What did Ozzy see in her? Frumpy mom? Piers is not a great person to defend. He makes his living off being an antagonistic twat. They couldn't sack Piers but they could go harder on the woman friend.

Unmelanated Meghan never experienced racism in her life, herself, because she looks white. Not until headlines like Straight out of Compton appeared when she started dating Harry when she wasn't from there. Anyway Piers Morgan was not worth the defense.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68March 19, 2024 10:59 AM

Fuck this cunt. She is one of the most repellent POS. Why should she have a job here? Why does she think she deserves a job here?

Go away. Stay in the UK. You’re a toxic bitch.

by Anonymousreply 69March 19, 2024 11:09 AM

[quote]Unmelanated Meghan never experienced racism in her life, herself, because she looks white. Not until headlines like Straight out of Compton appeared when she started dating Harry when she wasn't from there. Anyway Piers Morgan was not worth the defense.

As much as she whines about everything, she WAS an actress in Hollywood and I am sure her color came up frequently, as in being sent out for only black roles. My friend is a black actress lighter than her, and she is only sent out when a black female is required for a role and looked over when it's not required. I am sure Meghan in this environment experienced a lot of racism. But there is discrimination for a million reasons in Hollywood - too old, too fat, too ugly, too pretty, too tall, too young, too unknown, too unfuckable. Race/Color is just one of many.

by Anonymousreply 70March 19, 2024 11:16 AM

R70 they tried that and she didn't look black so she didn't get the parts, until Suits where they had her dad be black. She played hot girl parts and blames the ambiguity on her career going no where for awhile.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 19, 2024 12:39 PM

R27- Just like there are MANY hateful racist blacks.

by Anonymousreply 72March 19, 2024 12:47 PM

R71, that is what I am referencing. She experienced racism in the fact that she wasn't so fair that they mistook her for white. Anyone looking at her can tell she is not white. They might not guess she is half black at first, but she wasn't sitting next to Rachel McAdams or Brie Larson in auditions. She wasn't being sent for those parts. And the parts that she was being sent for, they were probably like "what's this? we asked for someone black?"

by Anonymousreply 73March 19, 2024 1:34 PM

Sharon Osbourne is a tv host like Meghan Markle is an actress......

by Anonymousreply 74March 19, 2024 2:47 PM

Please don’t hijack this thread with anti MM 💩. It’s about Sharon Osborne and yet you twats found some way to bring Meghan into this. She’ll never have to worry about being homeless since she’s got free rent in your heads. Tiresome af.

by Anonymousreply 75March 19, 2024 3:07 PM

It's nice to see we live rent free in yours R75. Although put some carpet down, the echo is resounding.

by Anonymousreply 76March 19, 2024 3:09 PM

You don’t live here, cunt at r76. But you tried. Go back to the UK with your fellow cunt Sharon Osborne.

by Anonymousreply 77March 19, 2024 3:14 PM

The only reason she's remotely famous is that she somehow managed to bag someone who bit the heads off bats in concert at the height of his fame and fortune and had everyone wondering wtf since she wasn't nearly as hot as the groupies.

She's a reality star without any actual skills or bona fides other than reality fame.

At least Ozzy was a rockstar with a successful band and following.

by Anonymousreply 78March 19, 2024 3:15 PM

Someone please jot down a Thesaurus for R77 for our next Datalounge Secret Santa.

R78 she was a pretty big time manager for Black Sabbath, ELO and Smashing Pumpkins. And they made a shitload of money from the the Rock Festival she started. So she isn't talentless. She should have stayed behind the scenes though.

by Anonymousreply 79March 19, 2024 5:48 PM

I really don't understand packaging up crap in a fancy box to send to someone you've fallen out with. Even if you really can't stand someone, why waste time on doing something like that?

by Anonymousreply 80March 20, 2024 5:15 AM

R74 Get them both off my screen

by Anonymousreply 81March 20, 2024 5:22 AM

The Talk has been around since 2010, and she had an eleven year run there, plus AGT and X Factor, she has her tv bona fide. it's just the only shit I can remember from The Talk in ira. entire run is shit she has one of her tentacles in - Leah, Holly, Rug Muncher.. And she seems like kind of an unpleasant cunt.

by Anonymousreply 82March 20, 2024 7:16 AM

R69 you sound like a pleasant and well balanced person, and without a trace of bitterness.

by Anonymousreply 83March 20, 2024 12:29 PM

R82, I've never seen the show...where can I find more about her three, uh, contretemps?

by Anonymousreply 84March 20, 2024 12:57 PM

There’s something sad about how unattractive people (Sharon, Kelly) value looks to a pathological extent you rarely find among people who actually have them. They must know now that surgeries only ever get you to an uncanny valley approximation of attractive. They never actually get you all the way there.

by Anonymousreply 85March 28, 2024 3:08 PM

It’s probably because she smells like old lady

by Anonymousreply 86March 28, 2024 7:12 PM

[quote] “I can legally…but nobody will employ me because they say I am racist.” Simon observed that Osbourne is Jewish, to which she responded, “I know, and that’s what I said to them!”

I'm sorry. Is there some particular reason that this very wealthy, very white, very affluent group of people needs to be treated like they're a racial minority?

by Anonymousreply 87April 2, 2024 8:21 PM

Mother Jones’ interview with Peter Turchin touches upon “elite warfare” where there is too much competition for too few slots.

[quote] In the past, elite aspirants would actually kill each other. One of the hopeful signs is that people now use character assassination instead of actual assassination. And instead of bringing your followers to go kill your rival and their followers, what we see now is lawfare.

Somebody filled Sharon’s slot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88April 2, 2024 8:58 PM

She turns up on British talk shows with and without Ozzie. She doesn't seem particularly fun, insightful or good with other guests. If she was a successful manager but comes across as an unpleasant guest, maybe she needs to return to where she was most successful.

by Anonymousreply 89April 2, 2024 9:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!