Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Unsure about seeing Dune 2.

How long are Austin Butler’s tits onscreen. This will be the deciding factor.

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2024 12:43 PM

Long enough!

by Anonymousreply 1March 2, 2024 3:16 PM

Disappointing. Overwrought mumbo-jumbo pseudo religious shit with a dose of Arab cultural appropriation.. boring …..visually stunning.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2024 2:20 AM

But how long were his tits onscreen? If it’s like four minutes I’ll go see it.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2024 12:27 PM

Tits bump

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2024 12:23 AM

Austin is mostly in combat-gladiator kit.

I bought the movie ($24.99). I fast-forwarded to Feyd-Rautha's entrance and final knife-fight. As a major Austin Butler fan, I nevertheless thought this denouement was execrable.

Before viewing and reading his reviews, I thought hmmmm, maybe there is a BSA Oscar nomination for "D:2" in Austin's future. Haha, and ha! No way! His part is all gruff voice, knife-thrusting and slashing, and about 10 lines! Plus looking ugly, and not sexy-ugly. Just garden---or desert---variety ugly.

I realize I said I didn't watch the first 657 minutes, but what I did see was every shade of gray, black, beige, white, and tan, a boring palette in space.

What I heard was whispering, growling, and shouting, all of it unpleasant to the ear. For as few lines as he uttered, Austin should have had even fewer. Blech!

The Big Knife Fight was so brief as to be an "Is that it??" moment. And though Feyd lost (like that was plausible, given his abilities and victims), his knife didn't "chip and shatter."

And not a last look or word of respect from Paul for his vanquished worthy antagonist, unlike Octavian's declaration that "Marc Anthony is dead!" should be shouted to the heavens [See: "Cleopatra"].

Well, suffice it to say there is no chance I'm going to bother watching the parts I skipped.

by Anonymousreply 5April 17, 2024 9:04 AM

Low life, you’re all over the other Dune threads talking shit about it. Now you claim you haven’t watched it? Keep up with your own posts, uneducated low life.

by Anonymousreply 6April 17, 2024 9:20 AM

Soulless drab drivel.

by Anonymousreply 7April 17, 2024 9:22 AM

R6, You are wrong. I defy you, and request it of others, to check my posting history. I have always posted, before now, pro-Butler and admittedly a few mocking-Chalamet posts because of the obnoxious Timmy Loon, but never have I indicated that I had seen "Dune: 2," and I live near a couple IMAX theaters.

I heartily dislike sci-fi, and especially of the "different worlds" genre (e.g., this movie; "Avatar"; "Star" This or That). Of course, the irony is that I paid more to watch it at home, with an HD format that clipped the top of Feyd's head in every close-up.

And while I may indeed be a "low life," I am far from "uneducated."

by Anonymousreply 8April 17, 2024 12:38 PM

P.S. r6, You are aware that there have been multiple trailers?

by Anonymousreply 9April 17, 2024 12:39 PM

R8, r6 is Davida Rochelle, that’s just how she engages with people who disagree with her opinions on movies. That, and accusing you of pedophilia. Best just to mute.

by Anonymousreply 10April 17, 2024 12:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!