Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ben Affleck Is ‘Not Happy’ About Jennifer Lopez’s ‘Endless Need for Attention’ Amid New Doc​

“Ben has gotten very good at biting his tongue, but it’s known that he’s not happy at all about J. Lo’s endless need for attention,” says the source.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2024 12:57 AM

It's like Groundhog Day with these two. Same shit he said twenty years ago. He knows what he got into and she knows, too.

by Anonymousreply 1February 23, 2024 11:46 AM

Had he met her before they married? 🙄 What a moron.

by Anonymousreply 2February 23, 2024 11:47 AM

OP- The real reason Ben Affleck is unhappy is because no one wants to fuck his scrawny ass anymore- not even Matt Damon.

by Anonymousreply 3February 23, 2024 11:55 AM

She's holding on for dear life. She thinks if she oversells this relationship that we'll all believe it and that he'll believe it too. She's obsessed with convincing everybody they’re the golden couple, the modern Taylor and Burton. She doesn’t realize they’re just not likable and the public isn’t rooting for them like that.

He said horrible things about their first engagement when he was married to Garner. He stated that he cringed with embarrassment looking back.

And historically, Ben doesn't dump. He always makes them dump him by embarrassing them so much with public cheating that they've no other choice. It's only a matter of time before we see him getting "caught" in a prearranged stunt to try to get JLo to let go. But he is underestimating her refusal to fail publicly again. The only way Ben is getting out is in a pine box.

by Anonymousreply 4February 23, 2024 11:58 AM

In women's and showbiz magazine speech, use of "the source" is well known to mean "I just made this story up because I had pictures it would go well with".

He was with her before, when she was even more famous. If he didn't work out she had an ego that could be seen from the moon then, his IQ is so low he's probably down to invade the Capitol next time.

by Anonymousreply 5February 23, 2024 12:02 PM

I saw Into the Woods on Broadway about two years ago, the afternoon she made news for attending. She swooped in with a broad of kids to the third row after the show had started, causing distraction for multiple reasons. Patti LuPone was there and made some snarky comments about her behavior, but I also saw James Lapine with Sondheim’s newly widowed husband. She clearly wanted to draw focus.

by Anonymousreply 6February 23, 2024 12:09 PM

It's bullshit. If Ben hated the spotlight he wouldn't be doing pap strolls in a gated community with his girlfriend during the pandemic. Getting paps to take pics of his children throwing away her cardboard cutout when they broke up.

Pap strolls of pick up and drops off with Jennifer Garner. Or any random outing of them chatting. Paps taking pics of your child as they wait for the bus.

He "hates" the attention. But calls them to sell pictures. He’s a fame whore just like her. They’re both classic thirsty Leos.

by Anonymousreply 7February 23, 2024 12:09 PM

R6 I sat next to Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck at the George V in Paris the day after their second wedding. I expected they would be happy, but they were the unhappiest couple I've ever seen. I think Lopez is a completely miserable person with terrible values. I have no idea how a talented working-class guy like Affleck wound up with her.

by Anonymousreply 8February 23, 2024 12:11 PM

R8, addiction changes people so he probably views J Lo in a way 99.9% of others do not.

by Anonymousreply 9February 23, 2024 12:15 PM

My biggest takeaway from the article is that JLo spent $20 million on a silly vanity project, when she could have used that money to invest in a vocal coach.

by Anonymousreply 10February 23, 2024 12:22 PM

[quote] I have no idea how a talented working-class guy like Affleck wound up with her.

Classism and snobbism.

As though Affleck is a walk in the park.

And the accounts I've read of Affleck's upbringing contain info that his parents were solidly middle to upper class as those are measured and perceived in the greater Boston area.

I watched "This is Me...Now" last night. For the moment, never mind Lopez' Me, Me, Me thing. TIMN commits the worst thing- It's dull. It's slow.

Much is made of Affleck's addictions, but, like Madonna. Lopez has her own addiction, one that needs a constant fix- Attention.

Lopez still has the beauty, still can "Garner" attention and the proof is my typing these words and that this thread exists, but man, read Wesley Morris NY Times piece on TIMN.

He nails it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 23, 2024 12:43 PM

You can’t put two racehorses in the same stable, they kick the shit out of each other. A racehorse needs a donkey, a little companion.

by Anonymousreply 12February 23, 2024 12:50 PM

First of all, her smile in OP's pic is so fucking fake, it looks more like a grimace. She looks like a complete psycho. Secondly, "Thank you for the family that we've created and our children and everything that you do for me." Why is she thanking him for "their" children when they don't have any together? And lastly, in that still of the trailer for her "movie", her top lip is so overlined she looks like she has a chocolate milk mustache. She is completely delusional.

by Anonymousreply 13February 23, 2024 12:54 PM

The clock is ticking on this one…

by Anonymousreply 14February 23, 2024 12:57 PM

I just don't care about them in the deepest way. It feels like I am time traveling back in time with these two. I mean what is she supposed to be anyway, a singer or an actress? Does anyone else feel there are just too many "celebrities" these days? How could we possibly give a fuck about the ups and downs of their public relations stunt relationships?

by Anonymousreply 15February 23, 2024 1:04 PM

We all need someone to provide our schadenfreude and we don’t care to what extent the rumors about the objects of our envy are true. We desperately want the rich and beautiful to be miserable and if I were the casting director, my work would be done. This couple is perfect. The stories write themselves.

And Matt Damon is the cherry on top. Every time ol’ Ben looks miserable, run a companion piece on how Damon’s career just gets more stellar by the day.

by Anonymousreply 16February 23, 2024 1:11 PM

Matt and Ben should just get married. Then maybe I would care.

by Anonymousreply 17February 23, 2024 1:53 PM

It's too bad he didn't know her better before they got married...

by Anonymousreply 18February 23, 2024 2:46 PM

I like her on a talk show, but her new songs suck.

by Anonymousreply 19February 23, 2024 2:51 PM

[quote]Ben Affleck Is ‘Not Happy’ About Jennifer Lopez’s ‘Endless Need for Attention’ Amid New Doc​

I'm a bit surprised that someone as famous as Ben Affleck would marry someone he's never heard of or ever met prior to the wedding.

by Anonymousreply 20February 23, 2024 3:03 PM

Let me fix r8. Talented working class, wrong on both counts= User loser starving for attention. Much more accurate.

by Anonymousreply 21February 23, 2024 3:05 PM

A wife with an "...endless need for attention"?

Ben should call up Prince Harry. These two are birds of a feather.

They should flock together and compare notes.

Better yet, secretly schedule events with both couples so the boys could disappear and let their wives fight it out.

by Anonymousreply 22February 23, 2024 3:40 PM

They only married once. The first time 'round, they did not marry.

by Anonymousreply 23February 23, 2024 4:31 PM

Ben? Honey NO ONE is happy about her need for attention

by Anonymousreply 24February 23, 2024 5:39 PM

[quote] If Ben hated the spotlight he wouldn't be doing pap strolls in a gated community with his girlfriend during the pandemic. Getting paps to take pics of his children throwing away her cardboard cutout when they broke up.

Which girlfriend was that? Snookus?

by Anonymousreply 25February 23, 2024 6:49 PM

Wrong thread ^^

by Anonymousreply 26February 23, 2024 7:20 PM

Can't a man just eat his donuts in peace?

by Anonymousreply 27February 23, 2024 7:41 PM

And Jack in the Box, R27.

by Anonymousreply 28February 23, 2024 8:00 PM

Two Leos could never work together! They're both attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2024 8:05 PM

R29 is not R7.

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2024 8:10 PM

Her concert tickets went on sale this morning in my city… not exactly huge demand.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2024 8:10 PM

r31 she's always been more media hype than someone who is adored by the public.

by Anonymousreply 32February 24, 2024 12:33 AM

Weird eye makeup at OP's photo.

[quote] I sat next to Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck at the George V in Paris the day after their second wedding.

R8, what's the George V? A restaurant?

by Anonymousreply 33February 24, 2024 2:08 AM

It’s a famous hotel in Paris - pronounced “George Sank” (Cinq)

by Anonymousreply 34February 24, 2024 3:28 AM

Alternate answer: "A hotel in Paris."

by Anonymousreply 35February 24, 2024 5:20 AM

Two mediocre talents, desperate and clawing for attention. So annoying…divorce and no one will care.

by Anonymousreply 36February 24, 2024 5:46 AM

When they divorce, there will be multiple DL threads about it.

by Anonymousreply 37February 24, 2024 6:07 AM

As others have pointed out and not that it really matters in this context, but Affleck actually comes from quite a cultured, politically engaged middle-class family of teachers/creatives. His mother is a Harvard graduate.

by Anonymousreply 38February 24, 2024 8:13 AM

His mother must be disappointed that Ben turned out to be an embarrassing drunk, just like his daddy.

by Anonymousreply 39February 24, 2024 1:26 PM

Ben will never be anything but a miserable drunk/dry drunk.

by Anonymousreply 40February 24, 2024 2:14 PM

[quote] His mother is a Harvard graduate.

We'll try not to hold that against him.

by Anonymousreply 41February 24, 2024 2:21 PM

Wikipedia says when Ben was growing up his mom was a Harvard-educated elementary school teacher and his dad was mostly unemployed aspiring playwright working sporadically as a carpenter, electrician, bookie, janitor at Harvard, etc.

by Anonymousreply 42February 24, 2024 2:59 PM

Harvard degree seems like overkill for An elementary school teacher.

Mom must have low self-esteem like J Garner to be married to Ben’s father.

by Anonymousreply 43February 24, 2024 4:03 PM

Ben’s perma grumpy, hungover vibe is a weird match with high maintenance Jennifer.

by Anonymousreply 44February 24, 2024 4:15 PM

They're doomed as a couple.

Somehow, JLo's divorces don't have the same cachet as Liz Taylor's divorces.

by Anonymousreply 45February 24, 2024 4:49 PM

I think the 'endless need for attention' is born out of publicists and PR people needing to justify their high fees and also previous experience when she went through a lull in her career after she had kids.

I've heard her say that her career path is a marathon - and she's right. It's really easy to fall out of the spotlight - and damn difficult to keep your name in headlines decade after decade.

Male actors don't need to do this anywhere near how female actors do. Female actors have to be seen in glamorous gowns, on covers of ANY magazine - fashion, homekeeping, women's fitness, parenting, whatever - have make-up contracts, perfumes, even clothing lines. All of these endeavors require press and PR.

Male actors? Maybe a men's fitness magazine article (if they are fit enough)? An alcohol brand? It's nowhere near the same level.

by Anonymousreply 46February 24, 2024 5:00 PM

R46 Did/does Meryl Streep need to do all that?

by Anonymousreply 47February 24, 2024 5:03 PM

[quote] janitor at Harvard

Not MIT?

by Anonymousreply 48February 24, 2024 5:17 PM

R47 - no, but Meryl is massively talented and is in a league of her own. But Nicole Kidman does - so does Julia Roberts, Jessica Chastain, Charlize Theron, and most others. Hell, fucking Ellen DeGeneres has a makeup contract and does the voice for Spectrum commercials.

But don't think Meryl isn't massively into PR. Her father's graduation gift to her was to buy a year of publicist's fees.

Meryl has done countless number of magazine covers/articles. Just google Streep magazine covers.

She's just not beautiful enough to sell perfume, clothing, make-up, etc. Or doesn't have an interest - which is fine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49February 24, 2024 5:25 PM

She's simply Streep.

by Anonymousreply 50February 24, 2024 5:36 PM

R46 But aren't female stars doing all that publicity for their women fans?

by Anonymousreply 51February 24, 2024 6:26 PM

I think it isn't just Meryl. Sally Field? I think it's basically if you sell yourself as a glamour or sex queen you have to sell the image. JLo isn't really an "actress" anyway, she's more of a performer/singer/former talent show judge. And her big thing is, she's still a sex symbol at her age. If she was a serious actress she wouldn't have to do most of what she does to sell herself.

by Anonymousreply 52February 24, 2024 6:29 PM

R51 - yes Rose. You think straight men are breathlessly anticipating the next Nicole Kidman offering?

R52 - Sally Field has done a lot of magazine covers/interviews. It just doesn't compare with male actors.

Women buy entertainment, fashion, housekeeping, health and other magazines/products. Most major casting directors are women.

I am seeing more male actors get into the cross-over product endorsements than before, but it's always paled in comparison. I don't think male actors are calling up their agents/publicists and complaining why they don't have more covers or interviews in magazines/publications. But I know from a couple of agent friends of mine that female actors do.

The expectations are different - good or bad. Afflecks' Dunkin Donuts commercials are cringey - and Matt Damon looks embarrassed to be there.

I don't like JLo - but she's doing what she thinks she needs to do - and what others are doing.

by Anonymousreply 53February 24, 2024 6:47 PM

[quote]She's just not beautiful enough to sell perfume, clothing, make-up, etc.

Fame trumps looks in this case.

by Anonymousreply 54February 24, 2024 6:55 PM

Alcoholic loser gets jealous of his fur-bearing ghetto tramp getting more paparazzi attention than him.

No wonder Jennifer Garner keeps him away from the kids.

by Anonymousreply 55February 24, 2024 7:07 PM

Bullshit on Ben hating pap strolls.

Didn't he do them when he hooked up with Ana de Armas?

by Anonymousreply 56February 24, 2024 10:10 PM

Ben looks happy here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 27, 2024 8:33 PM

“Just sit down and shut the fuck up! No one wants to see you pretend to sing!”

by Anonymousreply 58February 27, 2024 8:38 PM

Moot. The album stiffed

by Anonymousreply 59February 27, 2024 11:44 PM

I’ve met so many people who’ve had run-ins with Lopez, and each encounter seemed to be more miserable than the last. She’s such a notorious bully. And I’ve heard the opposite of Affleck - that he’s consistently friendly and down to earth, and follows her around, apologizing for her appalling behavior. How long can a relationship like that last?

by Anonymousreply 60February 29, 2024 1:14 AM

Time to hang up the G-string, Jenny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 29, 2024 1:16 AM

Ben Affleck did the same constant pap walks with Jennifer Garner and Ana De Armas (sp) as someone else said. The common denominator is him and his poor judgment/shit taste in woman.

by Anonymousreply 62February 29, 2024 1:27 AM

What the fuck happened to Ben's face on that Post article? He looks Ron Perelman as The Beast.

by Anonymousreply 63February 29, 2024 1:35 AM

Oh shit R63. You're right.

by Anonymousreply 64February 29, 2024 3:36 AM

Did anybody watch her documentary on Amazon? She besotted with him, to the point of immature obsession. He looks like he's pained to be around her.

by Anonymousreply 65February 29, 2024 3:38 AM

Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

Secondary psychopath.

He’s fucked.

by Anonymousreply 66February 29, 2024 3:45 AM

Ok, years ago I got into a skirmish on datalounge over Ben Afflect being gay. I heard the rumor myself once. Heard it like this: I had an acquaintance whose boyfriend was a working actor in LA. His agent told him Afflect was gay, and the acquaintance told me. That was it.

The skirmish here was because I mocked someone who said Goop broke up with Afflect because she caught him with a man. I was like that story gets recycled for every couple that breaks up where there are rumors about the man. "Oh she found him." Like men can't find hotels or other places - they do it at home where their partner can walk in.

So the poster I was sparring with was like, no bitch, I didn't say Goop walked in on him at home. She went to the BH hotel - one of the public spacess - not a hotel room, where Ben's body language and behavior with a man was unmistakeable. She had been tipped off.

So I left it there but it was obvious Ben A. was miserable in his first engagement with J.Lo - and she didn't care. And he's miserable now. Maybe self-hate is his kink. Also thinking if J.Lo is a beard maybe some form of integrity is like - better to put her through this than someone decent. Also if his family is still alive he's Boston Irish and Ben being gay or bi might not got over well. As well as his image as a leading man type.

He's had a massive gambling addiction and alcohol addiction - probably drugs too. Is addiction the root of his misery or a symptom. OTOH he's definitely a media ho - the Ana de Armas pap strolls were so fake.

by Anonymousreply 67March 20, 2024 11:48 PM

Deflect the affect of Afflect.

by Anonymousreply 68March 21, 2024 12:12 AM

If I was his therapist, I'd say, "Ben, you only enjoy a few things in life. Working hard is clearly one of them, followed by gambling, smoking, and getting some tail. Why be in a relationship?"

by Anonymousreply 69March 23, 2024 12:35 AM

I'm following the P. Diddy stuff on Tiktok and of course Jaguar Wright inevitably pops up. She talks about the swingers in Hollywood - all the action happening in the back of the house. Her list of Hwood swingers includes:

Smiths (Will and Jada - she says they both had entanglements with August Alsina and when August gave Will a massage Will cried out like Meek Mill getting pounded by Diddy). Wards (Gabrielle Union and Dwayne Wade) Martins (when Goop was married to Chris Martin) Anthonys (when JLo was married to Mark Anthony).

I think there's a lot six degrees of separation sex mess and there's something suss with Ben Affleck. He was with Goop - and I kind of believe Jaguar Wright about Goop and Martin, based on something else someone told me about Goop. He was in a performative PR relatoinship with Ana Armas. He hung with SNL producer Lindsey Shookus which looked like drugs and booze and media whoring. Then a PR stunt with JLo. While stunting with JLo, he calls Backgrid every time he and Jennifer Garner are co-parenting, and he fawns on Garner. It would be one thing if it were one kid's school schedule but it's all of the kids' schedules including sports and extracurriculars. I think they're both in on it - time was every time Garner took Violet to school she was papped by backgrid and then she got all teary eyed in a pap court case. They're all so full of it.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2024 12:50 AM

PS I mean "Wade" both times, not Ward.

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2024 12:52 AM

But that’s her career. That’s the work. She doesn’t write and produce and direct and act like Affleck.

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2024 12:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!