Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bret Easton Ellis is making his Directorial debut with horror film he wrote titled “Relapse”

It stars Joseph Quinn and it is about a man “ who checks into rehab after witnessing a horrific death during a debauched party. Three months later, he is set to get his life back together, staying at his parent’s mansion in the hills of Los Angeles. But things have changed around Matt and everything seems off balance.”

“Fueled by his unstable personality and the invading power of social media, Matt’s paranoia grows, messing up with his rehabilitation program. As he starts using again, a mysterious presence starts growing around Matt, and a monster that has been haunting him since he was a teenager reveals itself. His therapist tries to help, convinced that the monster is actually in Matt’s head,”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 2:10 AM

Who is cutting the checks for this thing? They must want to flush money down the toilet.

by Anonymousreply 1February 14, 2024 8:47 PM

Sounds terrible, though it is probably not a good idea to tell so many details of the story in advance.

by Anonymousreply 2February 14, 2024 9:34 PM

If B E E wrote it, it should have been called PROLAPSE

by Anonymousreply 3February 14, 2024 9:36 PM

Sounds autobiographical..

by Anonymousreply 4February 14, 2024 10:14 PM

Joseph Quinn will be in the Fantastic Four movie.

by Anonymousreply 5February 14, 2024 10:18 PM

What kind of demons did Ellis have in his overpriced upbringing that brings such odd shit to his mind?

Was it too much coke?

by Anonymousreply 6April 21, 2024 10:19 PM

Is this about that boyfriend of his?

by Anonymousreply 7April 21, 2024 10:35 PM

Late bloomer?

by Anonymousreply 8April 21, 2024 10:46 PM

A DEI hire. Hollywood needs to have at least 40% Anglo-Scots-Irish actors

by Anonymousreply 9April 22, 2024 12:13 AM

[quote]His therapist tries to help, convinced that the monster is actually in Matt’s head,”

...or *is* he???

by Anonymousreply 10April 22, 2024 12:29 AM

Looks like he's hitting all the familiar BEE subjects. LA, drugs, ennui, rich parents and paranoia. I'm guessing the main character will be a model-georgous 21 year old who likes pussy AND dick.

by Anonymousreply 11April 22, 2024 1:17 AM

Is Todd still sodomizing Bret?

by Anonymousreply 12April 22, 2024 1:21 AM

zzzzzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 13April 22, 2024 1:33 AM

I loved “Less Than Zero” and think the movie is such a fucked up adaptation. We go from a bisexual main character in the novel to that same character being straight in the film but not only straight, but SO straight that when he sees his friend pimping himself out to a man, he vomits.

I don!5 think BEE approved of that.

by Anonymousreply 14April 22, 2024 1:39 AM

Totally r14. I wish someone would redo it and make it closer to the book.

It is largely forgotten, but the movie version of The Rules of Attraction is very close to the book. I love that book and I have watched the film several times. The only glitch is Shannyn Sossamon as the female lead— back when they were trying to make her a thing. Thankfully, they kept the book’s best scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15April 22, 2024 1:50 AM

He needs to go on a diet. Yikes!

by Anonymousreply 16April 22, 2024 1:53 AM

BEE said that Rules of Attraction is the best adaptation of his work, r15. I haven't seen it but it's on my list.

by Anonymousreply 17April 22, 2024 1:57 AM

It’s surprising that BEE didn’t jump on Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 18April 22, 2024 2:03 AM

Ellis looks like Philip Seymour Hoffman.

by Anonymousreply 19April 22, 2024 2:03 AM

In other words, the script is based on every BEE book ever written.

Look out for ChatGPT be nominated for Best Screenplay at the Oscars next year.

by Anonymousreply 20April 22, 2024 2:05 AM

What is happening with his adaption of The Sharts?

by Anonymousreply 21April 22, 2024 2:06 AM

I really liked “Rules of Attraction”, R17, both the book and the film.

And it has Faye Dunaway!

by Anonymousreply 22April 22, 2024 2:10 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!