Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Meet the cast of Survivor 46

The new season debuts on Feb. 28.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2024 12:13 AM

The new era continues … with no hot men.

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2024 10:53 PM

Who’s watching tonight?

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2024 11:31 PM

Nah, that's okay. But thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2024 11:34 PM

^ I’ll be recording. I don’t have the attention span to watch a 2-hour reality show in one sitting.

by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2024 11:34 PM

The former football player is pretty handsome

by Anonymousreply 5February 29, 2024 12:09 AM

That Indian(?) dude is very loud and almost manic. I've had to mute him when he starts talk-yelling.

by Anonymousreply 6February 29, 2024 12:26 AM

Tevin seems exhausting also.

by Anonymousreply 7February 29, 2024 12:53 AM

Liz Wilcox looks like a final four.

by Anonymousreply 8February 29, 2024 1:03 AM

I'll pass.

by Anonymousreply 9February 29, 2024 1:05 AM

Looking at that line-up: no

by Anonymousreply 10February 29, 2024 1:08 AM

I think Bahnu is gay.

by Anonymousreply 11February 29, 2024 1:13 AM

Stop it, Elsbeth. I was already gonna watch your show.

by Anonymousreply 12February 29, 2024 1:17 AM

No hotties. Pass.

by Anonymousreply 13February 29, 2024 4:26 AM

The blond science teacher is hot. I'm sure Tevin is enjoying 'working' with him and teaching him how to "sing!"

by Anonymousreply 14February 29, 2024 7:25 PM

I think Venus aka Parvati-lite is going to go far (final 4, or possibly winning).

She's getting the villain edit early-on and had a lot of screen time in the premiere.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15February 29, 2024 7:44 PM

No eye candy. I guess I'll still watch it.

by Anonymousreply 16February 29, 2024 7:56 PM

R15, ugh, I hope not. And it's 2024 -- can we get a gay male version of a Parvati, who sluts around, playing footsies with all the straight bros?

by Anonymousreply 17February 29, 2024 8:10 PM

Any gay man on this edition, otherwise I may pass and just keep up with it on this thread

by Anonymousreply 18February 29, 2024 11:05 PM

I didn't see a thread on it, but Boston Rob is a contestant on the new NBC show deal or no deal Island

by Anonymousreply 19February 29, 2024 11:07 PM

R18, there is at least one gay man and possibly others.

The obviously gay one is a black actor from Richmond, VA. Verges into “Yassss!” territory pretty often so I expect some good quotes from him.

The one I have strong suspicions about is an Indian IT guy from where I forget. It’s unlikely he’s out as an Indian immigrant to America but he extremely expressive and makes these very dramatic faces while gesturing expressively with his hands in interviews.

There is a young white Alex Keaton-type law student from Manchester-By-The-Sea, MA who reads as gay but has a girlfriend. Huge Taylor Swift fan. I think he’s cute as a button and if he weren’t a 26 year-old Harvard grad I think he was just struggling to find the courage and or was from an unwelcoming environment. I’ve checked out his Instagram and he has a very handsome dad and they make a very Nifty father and son, if you get the reference.

The ostensibly straight science teacher had a weird moment with the black gay actor which made me wonder a little about him.

by Anonymousreply 20March 1, 2024 2:55 AM

Many of the men on this season scramble my gaydar, but I'm not finding that an unusual occurrence as the Survivor male contestants become increasingly younger than me...

by Anonymousreply 21March 1, 2024 4:00 AM

R15 - She’s trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 22March 1, 2024 4:12 AM

I think this is a good cast.

by Anonymousreply 23March 1, 2024 7:02 PM

Hunter and the young law student are sufficiently cute.

by Anonymousreply 24March 1, 2024 9:11 PM

The premiere was a good introduction to the cast, which is a little stronger than previous New Survivor casts.

Jelinsky was an obvious first vote. What an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 25March 4, 2024 3:34 PM

As soon as Jelinsky started referring to himself as a Survivor legend, I figured he was a goner. And the edit of Jess scrambling not to get the votes, while Jelinsky was getting his hair did was also telling.

by Anonymousreply 26March 4, 2024 6:45 PM

You should listen to Jelinsky’s interview with Rob Cesternino on Rob Has a Podcast. He’s very confident and thought he was a real threat. He even claimed it was Q’s idea to quit the Sweat penalty task, not his. Rob, who’s always very respectful to the players, wondered aloud after the interview was over and Jelinsky was gone, why he threw the hourglass then and not Q?

by Anonymousreply 27March 4, 2024 6:50 PM

Why don’t the local cannibals, just does us all a big favor, and eat these people

by Anonymousreply 28March 4, 2024 6:59 PM

Half of this cast is mentally certifiable and I'm loving it!

by Anonymousreply 29March 7, 2024 9:00 PM

I’m available, r17!

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2024 12:31 PM

The second episode was pretty dull. I found myself skipping forward often. Casting for this season seems like it went for the weirdest people it could find.

by Anonymousreply 31March 10, 2024 10:36 PM

Is it that the producers needed to fill out the two hours or was their some hidden reason they included the banal exchanges between the two women, Liz & Mo, from the different tribes who each sat out the challenge? I don't recall seeing such banter shown in prior seasons.

by Anonymousreply 32March 13, 2024 5:58 PM

Probst has made it clear, from listening to his On Fire podcast, that the show is interested in trying new things this season. That doesn’t just include challenge-related changes.

by Anonymousreply 33March 13, 2024 6:03 PM

R33, I don't know see including the banter I noted as "trying new things." I was thinking that maybe these two women later have some history together, so the editors wanted to see their introductions to each other.

by Anonymousreply 34March 13, 2024 6:12 PM

Kenzie seems quite the mean girl. I suspect she'll go far.

by Anonymousreply 35March 13, 2024 6:19 PM

Miss Queen of a million hearts Bhanu has GOT to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 36March 14, 2024 1:33 AM

Three episodes in and I have had more than my fill of Bhanu. He needs to go and whoever cast him needs to be fired pronto.

#WhinyLittleBitch

by Anonymousreply 37March 14, 2024 5:02 PM

Note to Bhanu: In all 45 previous seasons of Survivor, they have never hidden an immunity idol under a coconut.

by Anonymousreply 38March 15, 2024 12:01 PM

Bhanu seems like a good guy, but he's all wrong for Survivor. He probably applied for the show just to be on it, but the thought of having to play the game never occurred to him until he hit the beach.

by Anonymousreply 39March 17, 2024 10:16 PM

OMG this is just pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 40March 21, 2024 1:16 AM

Yes, Bhanu’s meltdown was hard to watch.

by Anonymousreply 41March 21, 2024 3:51 PM

Bhanu mentioned a partner in his going away speech. I’m assuming gay but does anyone know for sure

by Anonymousreply 42March 21, 2024 4:27 PM

That was just sad. Why is everyone cast now either unattractive or a loser?

by Anonymousreply 43March 21, 2024 4:36 PM

I’m loving this season and the cast. I like Bhanu’s casting because he was such an original character that we haven’t really seen on the show that I can recall.

by Anonymousreply 44March 22, 2024 12:22 AM

I'm starting to want Charlie inside me quite deeply (well, as deeply as he can go).

by Anonymousreply 45March 22, 2024 2:21 AM

So far this season has been a snooze for me but that always happens when one tribe continually loses so you’re stuck focusing on the same people week after week until they either shuffle tribes or merge.

Charlie is absolutely adorable. Q is a butterface but that body! Bhanu was surprisingly stacked as well but he was so nuts I couldn’t find him attractive

by Anonymousreply 46March 22, 2024 11:10 PM

Thank God Bhanu is gone. I’m sure he’s a nice guy in his real life, but what a mess he was on the show! He needed a vicious face slapping.

by Anonymousreply 47March 22, 2024 11:46 PM

Yes, R46, Q and Bhanu both have amazing physiques, and I think they're both reasonably attractive, facially. Loved Bhanu's body hair. He might be a good, loyal friend in real life or too much to handle, it's hard to tell. Scolding God for getting him on the show but not letting him go far was a bit much.

Personally I prefer Hunter overall of this season's men, and he actually seems like a good person outside of the game.

by Anonymousreply 48March 23, 2024 12:32 AM

Oh how delighted I was that the unlikable Jem, with her unused idol, was sent home.

by Anonymousreply 49March 28, 2024 2:17 AM

Charlie is delicious but he is ostensibly straight while liking the girliest stuff like Taylor Swift and salsa dancing.

No, give me tech twunk Carson from two seasons ago. Here he is, marketing his puzzle brand in the pool.

Little slut.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50March 28, 2024 2:36 AM

I listened to a recent podcast interview with Carson and he still claims to be straight. It's a gay podcast so it was a safe place to be out but maybe he hasn't figured himself out yet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51March 28, 2024 6:38 AM

No Asians?

by Anonymousreply 52March 28, 2024 6:59 AM

I swear, there were people last night that I’ve never seen before.

by Anonymousreply 53March 28, 2024 11:08 AM

R51, I get upper-class Evangelical vibes from his parents/family so he might still be wrestling with the hellfire and damnation aspect of coming out.

His favorite musician is Sia for goodness sake. It’s a vanishingly small chance he’s actually straight.

by Anonymousreply 54March 28, 2024 11:31 AM

If the merge is next week, then this season had a really boring pre-merge, with most of the focus on the Yanu tribe's slow implosion and Bhanu's inability to play/understand the game despite being a superfan.

by Anonymousreply 55March 31, 2024 10:16 PM

[quote]Oh how delighted I was that the unlikable Jem, with her unused idol, was sent home.

Jem tricking the rest of her tribe into rooting around for an idol clue that wasn't there backfired. She wanted to create general suspicion and mistrust but didn't realize that it would land on her? Dumb move when you're already the weakest player.

by Anonymousreply 56March 31, 2024 10:44 PM

[quote]No Asians? -Cancel

There was one Chinese American. She was voted off right quick as they often are.

by Anonymousreply 57March 31, 2024 10:51 PM

The merge episode didn't even bother hiding that Moriah was going home.

by Anonymousreply 58April 7, 2024 10:15 PM

I didn't want Soda to go. I wanted Venus out, although she's becoming increasingly unintentionally hilarious with how self-unaware she is.

I love when Maria was trying to give her a motherly pep talk, and Venus' takeaway from that was: she's just old and jealous.

by Anonymousreply 59April 12, 2024 9:46 PM

I’ll be happy to see Q go soon.

by Anonymousreply 60April 12, 2024 9:52 PM

Venus will somehow find herself in the final because there will always be bigger targets along the way

by Anonymousreply 61April 12, 2024 9:54 PM

[quote]I wanted Venus out, although she's becoming increasingly unintentionally hilarious with how self-unaware she is.

I loved how Venus thought that she was one who engineered the blindside of Soda when it was actually Tevin's doing.

by Anonymousreply 62April 12, 2024 10:12 PM

I don't care for Tevin, but he is playing a pretty good game.

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2024 10:08 PM

WTF with that tribal council?!!!

by Anonymousreply 64April 18, 2024 1:29 AM

I’m as mystified as you, R42.

by Anonymousreply 65April 18, 2024 2:11 AM

They should have let Q go. He wants to be the boss of the tribe and gets all butthurt when things don't go his way. Then he makes himself the center of attention. His behavior would get old fast if I was playing the game.

by Anonymousreply 66April 18, 2024 3:03 AM

While it’s apparent that Q thinks he’s a mob boss in his confessionals, I’m not so sure that’s as evident to the others.

by Anonymousreply 67April 18, 2024 3:14 AM

Assuming this link is accurate, Q describes himself as:

[quote] Name three of your favorite hobbies: Fishing, riding four-wheelers/jet skis, building houses

Also, believe it or not, the same things my six year-old nephew told me when I asked him what he wanted to be he became a big boy!

[quote]List three adjectives that best describe yourself: Brave, polite, proud

See Cub Scout nephew referenced above.

[quote] How would your friends describe you? I think my friends would describe me as the crazy, risk-taking friend. They would probably add that I am the luckiest person they know. Most importantly, they would describe me as someone they can count on.

That girl that I always ended up behind in the cafeteria line in high school wrote something very similar in the back of my yearbook. She also added, “Stay Sweet” written in particularly flowery script which took up almost a quarter of prime real estate in the autograph pages of that yearbook.

Cunt.

[quote] What risks have you taken in your life to make a change for the better, even if the outcome wasn’t planned? I started taking risks early in life. Being 1 of 17 kids you have to take risks. Biggest risk that changed my life for better would have to be quitting my job to start my career in real estate.

I had a friend named Julie who had this same story. She thought she had a great job, but she got approached in a Food Lion one night by an Amway salesman and three months later she’d quit drinking, quit her job, and got into to selling Rainbow Vacuum Clearers, which, if you had a good doctor you could get a prescription for and count that $1800 vacuum cleaner off on your taxes as a medical expense!

And then she died.

[quote] What is the accomplishment you are most proud of? Being the first person in my entire family to graduate college.

Oh my Dear Lord!

[quote] What is something we would never know from looking at you? 1) I can eat 2 boxes of pizza in one sitting by myself. 2) That I can swim. 3) I am a joy to be around (what people tell me).

1)I don’t know what a box of pizza really is, but I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with strained pasta 2) Racist 3)No one actually has ever told him what a joy he was to be around and if they did see #2

[quote] What past Survivor would you play the game most like? Bits and pieces from a lot of players.

Translate: I applied for Big Brother, Batchelor/Bachelorette, Amazing Race with my college teammate, and whatever this show is, but I’m really happy to be here Phil!

This guy was a middling D1 athlete. He doesn’t know anything but team. He thinks he’s the quarterback now, but he’s just still an OL. Their building him up in the edit because they finally got a fit black guy past the merge but he ain’t winning.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 18, 2024 9:34 AM

I liked Q up until the last few episodes, but this has been quite the fall from grace. It was stupid enough to judge people as threats based on playing hide and seek and just came across as vindictive to claim they had made a huge mistake by essentially beating him in the game.

But to attempt to self-eliminate when the wind isn't blowing your way is pathetic. He revealed himself as a petty man-child. It's hilarious that the tribe didn't let him go, though. I think that's the first time that's happened, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 69April 18, 2024 9:57 AM

I think their keeping Q was a good strategic move. He is no longer a threat as he now comes off a volatile and unstable - qualities tribe mates do not like.

He will make it to the Final 3, and get zero votes. As he pleads his case, the other two will remind the jury (as if they will need a reminder), that he asked to be voted off, in essence quitting. Juries do not award quitters.

by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2024 5:54 PM

The entire episode was batshit crazy. Q's logic with the hide and seek game and him blowing up tribal council were both a giant Dumpster fire. Q and Venus are both horrible players who will never win, but they're good TV.

Criticizing Q? BIG MISTAKE. Christmas is canceled! No Q apron for you.

by Anonymousreply 71April 21, 2024 10:04 PM

The black players are being eliminated right on schedule.

Why they don't establish an alliance I can only guess. Get rid of Hunter, what is wrong with you people??

by Anonymousreply 72April 21, 2024 10:11 PM

Well, shit.

by Anonymousreply 73April 25, 2024 2:24 AM

Hunter had no social game, so I don't see him as much of a threat as other players. Still, he was dumb not to play his idol. Watch Venus win this whole thing LOL

by Anonymousreply 74April 25, 2024 3:04 AM

R74, LOL!!! Yeah, Venus the self-deluded mastermind of all the blindsides. She really seems totally clueless. And wow, Kenzie voted for Q. I thought she was part of the blindside against Hunter.

by Anonymousreply 75April 25, 2024 12:51 PM

Charlie profiled in his law school magazine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 25, 2024 8:19 PM

Charlie & his sister are both in the same law school class.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 25, 2024 8:20 PM

I wish they would show more of the discussion that actually determines tribal council voting. It may ruin the "surprise," but there are times when the viewer doesn't understand why the voting goes as it does. Last night, was everyone in on the vote to get out Hunter by splitting the votes, and only Q was clueless, or did the four who voted for Hunter do so in secret, confident that the other four were set on voting Q out? It will no doubt be revealed in the next episode, but the opacity at times like this can be frustrating. Did the entire tribe hoodwink Hunter, or only half the tribe?

by Anonymousreply 78April 26, 2024 12:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!