Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

MSNBC's "The Weekend" Premiers! Your thoughts?

My first reaction was how much money was spent on focus groups determining the seating arrangement. Alicia Menedez gets the center seat and center shot? I mean Michael Steele was a Governor and he is the former Chair of the RNC. Shouldn't he have gotten that seat? Or would that look too much like pimp-daddy Michael Steel and his girls?

-IMHO, it will be money well-spent should MSNBC hire a stylist for Symone Sanders-(whatever). Those body hugging knit dresses that hug her every curve (fat) are not flattering. Those fake eyelashes... All of this just shows what a cow/heifer she is. Also, someone needs to dress her appropriately and control her Ta-Ta's.

by Anonymousreply 51April 28, 2024 12:35 PM

Symone Sanders and Jen Psaki are the new stars at MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 1January 26, 2024 8:08 AM

“Premiers”?

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 2January 26, 2024 9:35 AM

Symone is the real ⭐️.

She should takeover for Joy Reid.

by Anonymousreply 3January 26, 2024 9:51 AM

Simone? Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 4January 26, 2024 9:55 AM

Steele was a Lt. Gov. of Maryland. He’s been an analyst and guest host, but Menendez had her own show. So has Sanders, but she’s newer.

by Anonymousreply 5January 26, 2024 10:05 AM

R5, Steele was also head of the RNC.

by Anonymousreply 6January 26, 2024 10:33 AM

I’m just glad they put Katie Phang on at noon so I won’t have to keep missing her show.

This new show really makes it look like they demoted Menendez and Sanders. I mean — 8 AM? Who gets up early on Saturday to watch MSNBC?

by Anonymousreply 7January 26, 2024 12:09 PM

Being the head of the RNC doesn’t count for shit in the MSNBC pecking order. Having your own show does.

At the top is Rachel, then Joy because Rachel loves Joy. Then the other female hosts with Alex at the bottom of the women because her ratings suck. Last are Chris, Ari and Lawrence.

Of course Rachel and Joe/Mika never interact or the universe would explode.

Watch the array and order of speaking on the next primary night.

by Anonymousreply 8January 26, 2024 2:23 PM

It is a demotion for sure.

by Anonymousreply 9January 26, 2024 2:27 PM

R8

Nicolle comes before Joy, but she is on maternity leave.

by Anonymousreply 10January 26, 2024 5:32 PM

I’d say Nicolle and Joy alternate in the top spot.

by Anonymousreply 11January 26, 2024 5:34 PM

By which I mean top spot under Her Part-time Majesty

by Anonymousreply 12January 26, 2024 5:34 PM

R2 Don't get your concern. "Premier" as a verb is acceptable use. The Weekend, one show, third person singular present tense: premiers.

by Anonymousreply 13January 26, 2024 5:42 PM

It’s premiere, moron.

by Anonymousreply 14January 26, 2024 5:59 PM

Symone Sanders has this tone/style where she's always indicating that she is the smartest person in the room except when she performatively turns it off to act "teachable". I can see how she fit into the Bernie Sanders universe with the rest of the self-impressed weirdos who worked on his campaigns.

by Anonymousreply 15January 26, 2024 6:29 PM

Symone Sanders also DOES NOT know that "anecdote" and "antidote" are two different words which is really disqualifying at this point!

by Anonymousreply 16January 26, 2024 6:31 PM

R14 You are out of date kiddo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 26, 2024 6:36 PM

r7, and 5am PT.

Peacock needs to replay The Weekend and Phang same day.

by Anonymousreply 18January 26, 2024 6:38 PM

So now they are doing a 3 shot opening with Alicia Menendez still leading off with the top story. A contract rider?

by Anonymousreply 19February 3, 2024 12:51 PM

You’d like an all male cast, right OP? It will be just like 1955!

by Anonymousreply 20February 3, 2024 3:25 PM

Symone does not look like she is having fun on The Weekend.

by Anonymousreply 21February 3, 2024 4:54 PM

Dean Phillips is on The Weekend on Sunday.

They better drill his ass.

by Anonymousreply 22February 4, 2024 10:27 AM

I love the weekend staff. Especially Simone and Katie Phang. George Conway has had a real glow up. No wonder he got rid of that hag wife Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 23February 10, 2024 4:41 PM

George Conway has had a glow up? He looks like Maggie Haberman.

by Anonymousreply 24February 10, 2024 5:00 PM

R24, He looks like he’s in the process of transitioning.

by Anonymousreply 25February 10, 2024 5:07 PM

I like Michael Steele. He hates Trump. Why does Symone always sound like she's giving attitude on RuPaul's Drag Race?

Alicia Menendez is like watching paint dry.

by Anonymousreply 26February 10, 2024 9:25 PM

Isn’t he that young black singer?

by Anonymousreply 27February 10, 2024 9:29 PM

Symone is too good for that downgrade show.

by Anonymousreply 28February 11, 2024 7:41 AM

R28, Those breasts belong on Only Fans.

by Anonymousreply 29February 11, 2024 10:07 AM

So, this weekend Symone was dressed more "conservatively". She looked more professional. I get it that she loves her body (especially her titties) and want to wear tight and curvaceous hugging clothes to attract attention. But it wasn't coming across as very professional to me.

Now... her delivery... Hmm... shall I start calling her the Mammy of the talk show political news pundits? As Symone speaks I can't help also imaging in my mind the Black Housekeeper (Mammy) that was in the those "Little Audrey" cartoons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30March 4, 2024 11:37 AM

"Jen, you ignorant slut!"

by Anonymousreply 31March 4, 2024 11:48 AM

Just noticed Alicia Fernandez' implants. So pathetic that a good looking girl like that would ruin her body with silicone.

by Anonymousreply 32March 4, 2024 2:53 PM

^ MENENDEZ

by Anonymousreply 33March 4, 2024 2:55 PM

Really Alicia has implants??

Maybe Daddy paid for those….

by Anonymousreply 34March 4, 2024 6:57 PM

^ Is Alicia related to Lyle and Erik?

by Anonymousreply 35March 4, 2024 10:23 PM

I'd like to see Jen Psaki have a show each day or evening during the week. Who's next to retire?

by Anonymousreply 36March 4, 2024 10:32 PM

Feel like Symone is trying to tell us to save her from this show.

by Anonymousreply 37March 4, 2024 10:53 PM

R34, Do her father’s issues ever become a topic of discussion?

Is Alicia the Latina Meghan McCain?

by Anonymousreply 38March 4, 2024 10:57 PM

Alicia pretends not to know Senator Menendez.

The real question is what’s the scoop on Senator Cory Booker???

by Anonymousreply 39March 4, 2024 11:00 PM

[quote][R34], Do her father’s issues ever become a topic of discussion?

I never knew they were related until I heard her say (somewhere on some MSNBC show) that because of her relationship she will not be reporting on her father as others of the network would.

by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2024 10:42 AM

That's a lot of material.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2024 10:49 AM

Poor Alicia...

She's not "ethnic" enough... yet

But Symone has bought out the "blackness" even in Michael Steele! Alicia will come on board very soon!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42March 11, 2024 9:24 AM

Hmm... "something" is going on with this program. I can feel it. First, I've noticed in the last few airings that "they" have toned down Symone Sanders' dress. Second, I had been watching Symone all over the place (other programs) giving commentary. It seems to be more than usual and more than Michael Steele. Now, this morning... Eugene Daniels is sitting in for her?

It could be nothing...

Nope! "Something" is going on.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 30, 2024 12:12 PM

So, whoever said that it doesn't take skills and talent to be a stylist has no idea of what they are talking about. Clearly someone has hired a Stylist for Symone. Her appearances over the last month have been more conservative (for lack of a better word for clothes that fit) but still quite sexy! GOOD JOB!

by Anonymousreply 44April 20, 2024 12:48 PM

Symone looks like she is rocking the Coco Chanel look.

by Anonymousreply 45April 20, 2024 9:54 PM

Michael Steele is stealing this show.

Love Alicia.

Someone, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 46April 20, 2024 9:57 PM

It is beyond my comprehension why educated black people in the public eye (Symone Sanders) constantly reassure us, the viewers, by dipping into Ebonics (AAVE!) when they want to make a point, seem "authentic", or merely entertain the troops!

Isn't this performative "code switching" insulting to black people who only speak AAVE, that some people from a higher socio-economic group feel free to "black it up"? I have a black, Ivy League-educated friend who does this all the time and I can tell he finds himself quite charming in doing so. I don't buy it.

by Anonymousreply 47April 22, 2024 1:06 AM

Only morons watch cable “news”.

by Anonymousreply 48April 22, 2024 1:57 AM

r48, thanks for chiming in with your opinion.

by Anonymousreply 49April 22, 2024 10:52 AM

It's a good question R47 and I don't have THE answer for you but only my opinion. On one level it's an attitude of familiarity. That one can relate to the other and they to them. But doesn't every ethnicity do the same thing to some extent? When Italian families gather isn't the speech and body language different. Jewish families? Asian families? Arab families?

I've written this earlier, but Symone is the Aunt Jemima/Mammy of pundit news. IMHO, this can cut two ways. One it enhances her credibility because Mammy NEVER lies honey-chile. She'll tell ya what you need to hear and when ya need to hear it. The other is that it is reminiscent of the Steppin-Fetchet, Black face days of yore.

by Anonymousreply 50April 22, 2024 11:30 AM

IMHO, I don't think that Jaime Harrison is given his proper and due credit for his work as the DNC chair. THIS GUY IS GOOD!!! There have been a number of past Chairs who I have liked ie Tom Perez, Howard Dean and Terry McAuliffe. A number of past Chairs who I liked but was disappointed by ie Debbie Wasserman-Shultz, Tim Kaine, and even Donna Brazile (she went too "Hollywood" for me) However, this Jaime Harrison gets me excited about the Biden Administration and getting out the vote! I think he is doing a fabulous job!

by Anonymousreply 51April 28, 2024 12:35 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!