Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Anyone ever been to the James Dean festival and museum in Indiana?

If so is it worth checking out?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2024 2:59 PM

That’s a sweet looking doggy

by Anonymousreply 1January 8, 2024 11:01 PM

I've been to the museum. Yes, it is worth seeing if you are in the area.

by Anonymousreply 2January 8, 2024 11:20 PM

I want to go but it’s all the way in Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 3January 9, 2024 5:57 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 4January 15, 2024 8:22 PM

If it requires going to Indiana, it's not worth it.

by Anonymousreply 5January 15, 2024 8:29 PM

My middle sister has. She had a great time.

by Anonymousreply 6January 15, 2024 8:30 PM

R5 That’s the thing, I’m from Maryland and would like to travel to more Southern states but Indiana? Eh.

by Anonymousreply 7January 15, 2024 8:33 PM

If it was in California, I'd totally go. I LOVED James Dean in high school. The whole mystery of him captivated me for some weird reason.

by Anonymousreply 8January 15, 2024 8:35 PM

You can be in their Grand Parade! They have so many options to parade that now I am really interested. Can you imagine seeing the DL float?!

by Anonymousreply 9January 18, 2024 4:07 PM

I've been - lots of interesting stuff at the museum and the people are nice. There's the museum run by David Loehr and another one run by the local historical society and the docents are people who knew him....really old people......

You can drive out to the cemetery - and you pass the house he lived in. Still looks the same as the pictures taken way back then.

I don't know if it's worth a long drive - but it's fun.

by Anonymousreply 10January 18, 2024 4:54 PM

The white trash in our town really looked forward to this.

by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2024 5:06 PM

Fucking overrated actor. I can look at his pretty face anytime and avoid that shithole of a state.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2024 6:31 PM

Indiana wants you.......potatoe.

by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2024 7:47 PM

I’m planning to go this year.

by Anonymousreply 14May 7, 2024 6:20 AM

Just today I had some.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 7, 2024 6:28 AM

There needs to be a Sal Mineo museum.

by Anonymousreply 16May 7, 2024 6:54 AM

Is there a gigantic ashtray in the middle of the museum?

IFYKYK

by Anonymousreply 17May 7, 2024 7:02 AM

It SHOULD'VE been held in Marfa, Texas.

by Anonymousreply 18May 7, 2024 7:14 AM

There's a James Dean festival? Why?

by Anonymousreply 19May 7, 2024 7:24 AM

There are always packs of cigarettes and whiskey bottles on his headstone.....the local kids come and pick them up everyday.....

It's kind of creepy. We didn't go to the festival, but my sister and my two nieces and I went a couple of times. When we were at the cemetery, I was sitting in the car and they were walking around. The car door was open.

Suddenly, the car door slammed shut. There was no one else around and no wind blowing....just SLAM.

I told them: "Come on! Jimmy wants us to go!" LOL

by Anonymousreply 20May 7, 2024 2:59 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!