Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

British TV chat, 2024

We haven't had a thread to talk broadly about British shows and/or the PBS or Britbox viewings of them in the US for a while.

Starting off with something that apparently happened a few months ago....the sexy guy that played Spiros on The Durrells has been ACCUSED! of sexual harassment/assault/rape. (He was serving as a rep in EU parliament.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 200April 27, 2024 2:28 PM

This looks interesting

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2024 1:34 AM

NOT GUILTY

by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2024 3:23 AM

Alexis G almost made Keeley Hawes tolerable and sexy. He's a miracle worker!

by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2024 3:30 AM

Two of the best shows I've seen in years -- Broken and Time. Both star Sean Bean playing, in both, a dejected, middle-aged, slightly overweight sensitive soul, and he is terrific in both shows. Both are downers but beautifully written, directed, and acted.

by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2024 4:21 AM

is there anything else as funny as peep show?

by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2024 4:23 AM

I’ve been watching “Industry” which is filming a third season.

It seems a third investment bank office politics, a third promiscuous sex (all the young actors get nude) and a third drug taking and partying.

There is a gay guy, black guy who tops a white guy in a rather unsexy scene (the white guy is screaming something like fvck my white pvssy). The black guy is nerdy and his story doesn’t seem as compelling. I feel sorry for the actor because he doesn’t seem to be given much to work with.

Season 1 has the working class guy strip fully naked and do full frontal.

It seems the writers put most of their effort into the two women characters: a smart ambitious black woman (who they show too many times having sex) and a rich girl trying to fit in.

I don’t know about straight men sexually, but every straight man in this show gives oral to the women. It’s like it’s a law that that point has to be written into every straight sex scene.

by Anonymousreply 6February 10, 2024 3:38 PM

Mr.Bates is very good, and you get a dose of the lovely Julie Hesmondhalgh out of the deal. Some excellent acting all around, and Will Mellor's easy in the eyes.

by Anonymousreply 7February 10, 2024 3:41 PM

[quote]Will Mellor's easy in the eyes.

I have loved Will Mellor for years. He’s delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8February 10, 2024 3:53 PM

Has anyone watched Hotel Portofino?

It's a few years old. But I've just learned about it and it has Mark Umbers in it so I may watch it.....

by Anonymousreply 9February 14, 2024 7:30 PM

R9... it's not very good, but not awful. Recycles every plot and character from pretty much every period costume drama of the last ten or twenty years. Some straining colour blind casting. But it's watchable, for the scenery alone.

by Anonymousreply 10February 14, 2024 7:32 PM

I concur with R10, R9, it’s not great but beautiful photography, and apart from Umbers, Judy Dench’s great nephew Oliver Dench has peachy skin, bright green eyes and a fantastic ass and thighs, which are invariably busting out of his thin, summer-weight pants.

Also, season 2 ended with a surprisingly tough few scenes, the emotional wreckage goes up exponentially. And they got themselves out of some dead ends (plot and character-wise) clearing the decks for what is to come. So I suspect the writers/show runners feel more confident about the series having a future, and I’m hoping it continues to get sharper and generally better next season. Plus there is Ollie’s ass and legs.

So, yeah, watch it.

by Anonymousreply 11February 14, 2024 8:16 PM

Thanks r10 and r11.

I thought it was a bit like The Durrells - lightweight and pretty things to look at....so I'll give it a watch

by Anonymousreply 12February 14, 2024 8:21 PM

The Durrells was better, IMO, because it identified and embraced a goofy, comedic approach that worked. Portofino fancies itself a drama.

by Anonymousreply 13February 14, 2024 8:23 PM

Yeah, “The Durrells” was better written and better acted, but give “Hotel Portofino” a chance.

by Anonymousreply 14February 14, 2024 8:40 PM

[quote] Has anyone watched Hotel Portofino?

It's best when you watch it with the sound off. Beautiful scenery, storylines are stupid.

by Anonymousreply 15February 14, 2024 8:43 PM

[quote] is there anything else as funny as peep show?

R5, have you ever seen The Smoking Room? It’s very old now, but one of my favourites. It’s largely forgotten now, sadly.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16February 14, 2024 8:54 PM

R16 This is the first I've heard of it. It's very funny!

by Anonymousreply 17February 14, 2024 9:16 PM

I miss Sean Lock!!!

The Tiger who Came for A Pint

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 14, 2024 10:11 PM

I wish BritBox would unclench its grip on QI, a show I adore. But I'm not paying for another streaming service just to watch it. (Yes, some episodes show up on YouTube, but the quality is usually crap.) BritBox also has Twenty Twelve and W1A, sigh...

I was meh... about Funny Woman, recently on PBS, but, whew, Tom Bateman was good-looking in it.

by Anonymousreply 19February 14, 2024 10:32 PM

That he is

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 15, 2024 2:52 AM

I loved “The Smoking Room. On PBS in NYC it had the old “Monty Python” slot — Sunday nights at 10:30. But there was only one season, no?

by Anonymousreply 21February 15, 2024 2:59 AM

And I had such a thing for Robert Webb starting on “Peep Show” through “Smoking Room.” Is he still working? How does he look?

by Anonymousreply 22February 15, 2024 3:01 AM

R21 Two seasons of 'The Smoking Room'. Also a Christmas special. I read that they were going to make a third but by that time smoking rooms were unlawful in the UK so that was that.

by Anonymousreply 23February 15, 2024 1:19 PM

Has anyone been watching FUNNY WOMAN on PBS Sunday nights? Not in love with it but admire its ambition in recreating the period of British tv in the early 60s. I feel like it tried to take on too much, too many issues, too many characters, but a lot of it was fun.

And I LOVE sexy Tom Bateman!

Was Gemma Arterton a star in the UK before this series?

by Anonymousreply 24February 15, 2024 1:25 PM

All I know about Gemma is that she was one of a long line of names attached to the Dusty Springfield bio movie that will likely never get made.

by Anonymousreply 25February 15, 2024 1:29 PM

Currently watching "Paranoid" and now I'm beginning to understand the Dino Fetscher love here. He truly is captivatingly gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 26February 15, 2024 1:39 PM

I love all you bitches, but for the love of cock, please share a photo when possible.

Dino

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27February 15, 2024 1:42 PM

Robert Webb is full frontal nude in the movie Confetti. Unfortunately you also have to look at Olivia Colman’s sad tits as she plays his wife.

by Anonymousreply 28February 15, 2024 1:42 PM

R22 is this your Robert Webb?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 15, 2024 1:43 PM

Also in Funny Woman is Matthew Beard, who plays the lead in the excellent series Vienna Blood.

by Anonymousreply 30February 15, 2024 1:45 PM

Matthew Beard was also great in his 2 roles in MAGPIE MURDERS. He must be gay?

by Anonymousreply 31February 15, 2024 2:41 PM

Rupert Everett is actually quite good in Funny Woman. He sheds his signature posh boy shtick.

by Anonymousreply 32February 16, 2024 12:44 AM

Hard to tell with Rupert Everett how much of that look is him and how much is costuming/wigging/prosthetics, etc.

by Anonymousreply 33February 16, 2024 1:15 AM

R 12: Yes, that is he. Hadn’t kept up with his work let alone his health problems. “Strictly Come Dancing” doesn’t sound like it was a great idea. He look okay withiut clothes, though.

by Anonymousreply 34February 16, 2024 3:32 AM

hmm. I do like Call The Midwife....but not enough to give my PBS station extra money to see it early

by Anonymousreply 35February 21, 2024 8:36 PM

I was watching the series Stath Lets Flat. I don't get why this ran for three seasons. It's one joke running over and over. Jamie Demetriou and his sister are the stupidest characters on tv.

Brit tv: do better.

by Anonymousreply 36February 21, 2024 8:41 PM

I've been working my way through Ghosts (UK) S4 and watched the Christmas episode last night. Why am I crying?! Damn you, show! I know it ends with S5, which may cause another tear or two, but the show holds up to rewatching, so there's that.

R36: Agreed, Stath is pretty much a one-joke cringe show, but Nastasia Demetriou is hilarious on What We Do in the Shadows, a much more layered show.

by Anonymousreply 37February 22, 2024 8:37 PM

[quote]I've been working my way through Ghosts (UK)

I was a bit disappointed in the way they ended the series. There is an episode about one or two before the actual finale that would have made a great ending to the show.

by Anonymousreply 38February 22, 2024 8:42 PM

I’m now watching Becoming Elizabeth. They had dirty mouths back then. The number of times they use the F word is shocking.

However, it does show the drawback of believing that some people are better than others just because of birth.

by Anonymousreply 39February 23, 2024 5:24 PM

Miss Scarlet to return without her Duke.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 29, 2024 3:19 PM

Would someone please post Breathtaking on Vimeo or Dailymotion? I'm afraid of Torrent.

by Anonymousreply 41February 29, 2024 3:38 PM

Not Brit TV, But German...

Still, found this on PBS..."Sisi"

The Empress Elisabeth learns how to please Franz Josef from a prostitute.

Same prostitute becomes one of Sisi's ladies-in-waiting. She later goes down on the Empress.

Franz Josef is played by gay actor Jannik Schümann, who's very easy on the eyes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 29, 2024 4:32 PM

And an alternative version on Netflix

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 29, 2024 4:40 PM

R43, they're both good, but I was surprised that the one on PBS was steamier!

by Anonymousreply 44February 29, 2024 6:21 PM

Is it the same show edited two different ways, or did PBS and Netflix do the same story? I couldn't quite tell.

by Anonymousreply 45February 29, 2024 6:48 PM

Each did their own version.

by Anonymousreply 46February 29, 2024 9:14 PM

"Vera" is back, with the world's oldest detective chief inspector. And her original sidekick (the extremely hot David Leon) has rejoined the series!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 29, 2024 11:10 PM

Matthew Beard was great in Avenue 5 (a small role) and also was one of the few good things about the horrific M. Spade -- but he always seems to play the same character, a very prissy young man. He's extremely thin and pale and feminine; he's probably a roaring hetero. Who can tell with the Brits?

by Anonymousreply 48February 29, 2024 11:14 PM

10 Reasons Americans Love British TV

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 2, 2024 11:54 PM

r46 thank you for the clarification!

by Anonymousreply 50March 3, 2024 12:01 AM

I’m surprised Stuart Martin is leaving “Miss Scarlet and the Duke,” though his character emigrated to NY in the last ep, so I guess he told them he wasn’t coming back. But since the whole trajectory of the show was about their growing attraction it’s a pretty wrenching and contradictory turn of events, and I don’t imagine those remaining with the show can be happy about it.

Wonder why he left? Not making enough money? Hated being away from his family while shooting in Eastern Europe? Did he get an offer from a better series or for a movie?

by Anonymousreply 51March 3, 2024 3:56 AM

R51 The comments I've seen on various TV sites all say "Why the fuck are they bothering with any more episodes if he's gone?"

by Anonymousreply 52March 3, 2024 1:29 PM

The new "woke" Agatha Christie adaptation ("Murder Is Easy") is now on Britbox. Haven't watched it yet, but I loved the earlier Julia McKenzie "Marple" version with the inimitable Shirley Henderson as Honoria Waynflete (LOVE that name!) Oh -- and Benedict Cumberbatch was in it too.

by Anonymousreply 53March 3, 2024 6:37 PM

Brits, what are the better TV productions that have debuted this year? I saw Bates vs the Post Office on Dailymotion, which was corny but interesting because I've never heard of the post offic ee scandal.

by Anonymousreply 54March 3, 2024 9:29 PM

R53 here. Forgot to mention that Penelope Wilton (Isobel Crawley) and erstwhile "Shetlander"s Douglas Henshall and Mark Bonnar are also in it.

by Anonymousreply 55March 3, 2024 9:38 PM

R54, have you heard of The Sixth Commandment? It’s based on a true story of a sadistic psycho who preyed on the elderly (mainly an older, closeted schoolmaster and his elderly spinster neighbour).

It’s horrifying but incredibly touching too. The writer and actors do a great job at restoring dignity to the victims, who the press had presented in a really salacious way

I suspect it may end up on Britbox, and I’m sure it will win awards.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 3, 2024 10:03 PM

[quote] Forgot to mention that Penelope Wilton (Isobel Crawley) and erstwhile "Shetlander"s Douglas Henshall and Mark Bonnar are also in it.

What is ole Penelope NOT in? The bitch is EVERYWHERE!

by Anonymousreply 57March 3, 2024 10:04 PM

Any fans of "Nighty-Night? Deranged hair salon owner dumps her husband after he's diagnosed with terminal cancer, joins a dating agency, and starts obsessively stalking her married neighbo(u)r.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 3, 2024 10:44 PM

I rewatched S1 recently r58 - crying with laughter.

by Anonymousreply 59March 3, 2024 10:52 PM

Julia Davis is the weirdest actress ever. Every character she plays is over the top quirky.

by Anonymousreply 60March 3, 2024 11:12 PM

Sixth Amendment is on Britbox. Thanks. Just added it to the list.

by Anonymousreply 61March 3, 2024 11:14 PM

It's not on MY BritBox. How'd you get it on yours?

by Anonymousreply 62March 3, 2024 11:25 PM

I dunno but it's there. Copied and pasted:

The Sixth Commandment A meeting between a teacher and a student sets the stage for a complex criminal case.

Year: 2023 · Season 1

by Anonymousreply 63March 4, 2024 12:18 AM

Thanks, R63. Something is different, or weird.

I'm in the USA. Are you here or there?

Other possible difference - I have BritBox thru Amazon Prime. Do you sign in directly to BritBox?

If I do an internet search on what you pasted above, it comes up as BritBox. If I search Prime or BritBox thru Prime - nada.

I'm thinking that getting BritBox thru Amazon has limitations, or fewer, or different choices.

Anybody else notice such differences?

by Anonymousreply 64March 4, 2024 1:02 AM

R64 I see it at Prime with a Britbox link.

Not sure DL takes Amazon links.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 4, 2024 1:40 AM

Thanks, R65. If I click on your link, it comes up and I can watch.

Something is screwed up on my search. I swear I put it in correctly and got nothing. I checked and rechecked. It's not happened before that I know of.

So, thanks much for the link.

by Anonymousreply 66March 4, 2024 10:16 AM

Oh, for god's sake. What an idiot. I've been searching for The Sixth Amendment. Over and over. Checking my spelling and rechecking. And I do get a Sixth Amendment, just not the picture and date I thought I'd get, just not the Sixth COMMANDMENT.

This age thing and losing one's mind is tough to take.

Thanks for all the help, and your patience.

by Anonymousreply 67March 4, 2024 10:23 AM

[quote]This age thing and losing one's mind

You said you loved me!

by Anonymousreply 68March 4, 2024 10:29 AM

[quote] Any fans of "Nighty-Night?

I watched that years ago, I believe it was on Oprah's Oxygen network then. Season two was a let down but season one was absolutely wicked. Her character was a hilarious sociopath.

Late last year I finally got to watch the UK original versions of Life on Mars with John Sims and its followup Ashes to Ashes. Through-out the series it puzzled me how a UK detective inspector was getting away with the Dirty Harry attitude and tactics. Wonderful twist ending I did not see coming.

by Anonymousreply 69March 4, 2024 10:54 AM

Okay, I *cackled* at R68. WW for you, Mary.

by Anonymousreply 70March 4, 2024 1:06 PM

Was Season 8 of Shetland with the new replacement any good?

by Anonymousreply 71March 5, 2024 1:35 AM

Per BBC and ITV the modern UK police force is 80% black, gay, or female

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72March 5, 2024 2:01 AM

Two Irish productions:

Kin about a family of venal drug dealers - gripping.

Blue Lights - rookie cops but done well.

by Anonymousreply 73March 5, 2024 2:05 AM

[quote]Was Season 8 of Shetland with the new replacement any good?

It was OK, but Henshall was definitely missed. Ashley Jensen (Agatha Raisin, Ugly Betty) brings an entirely different vibe.

by Anonymousreply 74March 5, 2024 2:07 AM

[quote]The new "woke" Agatha Christie adaptation ("Murder Is Easy") is now on Britbox. Haven't watched it yet, but I loved the earlier Julia McKenzie "Marple" version with the inimitable Shirley Henderson as Honoria Waynflete (LOVE that name!) Oh -- and Benedict Cumberbatch was in it too.

I just finished watching the new one and re-watching the old one. What a difference! Miss Marple is non-existent in the new version, and the story is 80% different from the first one. Many character names are retained, but that's about it.

I liked the old one better, but I read the book so long ago that I couldn't say which one was more faithful to Christie.

Oh -- forgot to mention that the old version also had Jemma Redgrave and DL fave Russell Tovey, as well as a very young, short-haired James Lance ("Trent Crimm-Independent" from Ted Lasso.)

by Anonymousreply 75March 5, 2024 2:10 AM

Yes, the new re-jiggered “Shetland” is good, worth watching and the series is worth continuing.

Thought the new “ Murder Is Easy” was terrible. They couldn’t find the right tone for it, it was too broad and jokey, costume colors too bright and stylized. The exorbitant body count before the murderer was revealed makes the 3-5 murders an episode of “Midsomer Murders” look austere — it became ludicrous (was the novel like that?)

David Jonsson, the black actor in the lead, was very cute and charming, but the contortions required to explain how a Nigerian immigrant winds up in a sleepy English country town in 1954 took up too much running time and was never convincing. And as if that wasn’t enough, a gratuitous scene has his Nigerian friends accusing him of being an imperialist lackey, which he comes to believe himself by the end. But why? What does any of that have to do with the delicious escapism of a well-constructed Christie mystery? How does it make her more modern or relevant? Christie’s books are still in print and are read all over the world in many languages. Why worry about making her au courant?

by Anonymousreply 76March 5, 2024 3:24 AM

Murder is Easy just might be the single worst tv show I've ever seen. Nothing makes sense. The plot is filled with holes and circuitous turns that lead nowhere. The acting is atrocious; the lead, David Jonsson, seems to have been told to smirk his way through the entire program. The others don't even bother. The direction feels as though some grade school kid is trying his best but doesn't understand what "direction" means. And the script is so poorly written it's as though someone translated it from the original sanskrit. Just an abomination from start to finish.

by Anonymousreply 77March 5, 2024 4:04 AM

[quote] Christie’s books are still in print and are read all over the world in many languages.

Yes but they're being rewritten to become politically correct, so why not let a Mau Mau be a 50s rural British squire or whatnot

(also Poirot)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78March 5, 2024 4:11 AM

Just saw the first episode of Regime on Max, which is a mostly British production and directed by Stephen Frears. It's good.

by Anonymousreply 79March 5, 2024 6:36 AM

No thread for "Regime" here yet, surprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 80March 5, 2024 8:15 AM

Here is a starter from the New York Post.

The New York Post

THE NEW YORK POST

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 5, 2024 8:36 AM

[quote]Blue Lights - rookie cops but done well.

Aargh, Blue Lights drove me crazy. The character of the older female rookie/ex-social worker was so obnoxious and overdone. She [italic]always[/italic] knew what was best and was [italic]always[/italic] breaking protocol and not following orders. The problem with the show was that it so obviously sided with her and there were never any consequences for her ill-advised actions.

I don't recall the specifics, but I remember once thinking that she could've gotten her senior partner killed by not following his orders during one of her "interventions". But because she didn't, he's perfectly fine with it all. Had I been him, I would've refused to work with her again.

by Anonymousreply 82March 5, 2024 8:31 PM

I quite liked “Criminal Record” with Cush Jumbo and Peter Capaldi. It could have been two episodes shorter but that’s true of almost everything these days. But it was good, and I love her. It’s on Apple+ in the U.S.

Was there much talk about it in the UK? Does anyone know if it’s been renewed? Apple does a lot of good series that mostly seem to fly under the radar.

by Anonymousreply 83March 5, 2024 8:40 PM

I enjoyed Criminal Record, too, R83, especially Peter Capaldi's icy-cold performance. Agreed, it could have been two episodes shorter. (Cush Jumbo's character didn't need to have a family, for instance, especially as they largely disappeared halfway through. Also, why hire Zoe Wanamaker and then give her virtually nothing to do?) If they do a second season, I'm guessing it will be largely the first season warmed over, unless they write it for two different lead actors/characters.) And I've read that AppleTV isn't hugely popular in the UK, so CRecord probably did go under the radar there.

by Anonymousreply 84March 5, 2024 9:58 PM

Okay,, know it's Radio and not TV, but how do I listen to this in the USA?

Can you imagine listening to them? Together?

I'd pay big bucks...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 12, 2024 11:42 AM

Love them both, r85!

by Anonymousreply 86March 12, 2024 11:58 AM

R85, Conversations from a Long Marriage is a joy. It’s on the BBC website here in the UK, but available for purchase on Audible too. Maybe it’s available on Audible in your country too?

by Anonymousreply 87March 12, 2024 11:58 AM

As the youngins' would say, OMG!

I think I've got it. Just did a search on the internet and there it was! Haven't listened to an entire episode so I'm hoping it's not just a tease, or only parts of an episode.

Thanks, all!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88March 12, 2024 12:18 PM

R88, if you enjoy radio drama/comedy, do try North by Northamptonshire too, which has quite a stellar cast of UK luminaries.

by Anonymousreply 89March 12, 2024 12:31 PM

The most sophisticated cooking show offered by the BBC

Posh Nosh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 12, 2024 12:31 PM

R90, if you like Posh Nosh, you might also like this…

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 12, 2024 12:36 PM

I’m listening to Conversations right now on the link at r88. (Full episodes) It’s great! Thanks for the tip.

Roger Allam was in a mystery series set in the south of France…it was pretty good but not as good as it should’ve been. Looked like they did the production on the cheap, a pity because the cast was very good and it had great potential.

by Anonymousreply 92March 12, 2024 2:02 PM

I did see The Sixth Commandment several months back and thought it was excellent. Sorry I referred to it as The Sixth Amendment .

by Anonymousreply 93March 12, 2024 2:52 PM

AHA! AHA!

You're the reason I thought I was nuts, because when searching for 'The Sixth Amendment' over and over, I got crazed and upset because I wasn't coming up with ' The Sixth Commandment.'

Of course, if I was paying attention to the words, I might have figured it out sooner.

Thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 94March 12, 2024 3:03 PM

r92 That was "Murder in Provence" with Nancy Carroll (Lady Felicia from "Father Brown.") Has it been cancelled?

by Anonymousreply 95March 12, 2024 3:24 PM

Yes that’s the show. Looks like it was only the one season in 2022.

by Anonymousreply 96March 12, 2024 5:23 PM

Christ, I just finished Monsieur Spade. I was very lukewarm about it until the final episode where Alfre Woodard shows up and turns the show into an Agatha Christie whodunit. Poor Clive needs to find better producers and writers.

by Anonymousreply 97March 15, 2024 9:17 PM

Yeah, sadly that was a dud. Should have been better.

by Anonymousreply 98March 16, 2024 1:00 AM

For anyone with Acorn, the medical limited drama series "This Is Going to Hurt" with Ben Whishaw launches there Monday (3/18) after being behind a paywall on Prime for a long time. I've heard great -- albeit grim -- things about it.

by Anonymousreply 99March 17, 2024 11:07 PM

I can't believe Nighty Night isn't a huge fave with DLers. It's endlessly quotable. Jill is an outrageous character.

by Anonymousreply 100March 17, 2024 11:15 PM

I wish they had done a second season of “This is Going to Hurt.”

by Anonymousreply 101March 18, 2024 12:18 AM

Call the Midwife finally starts its new season on PBS tonight.

by Anonymousreply 102March 18, 2024 3:07 AM

[quote]Call the Midwife finally starts its new season on PBS tonight.

And it’s a crap season.

There is a season 13 thread where you can post your thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 103March 18, 2024 3:25 AM

I haven't read it because I didn't want to be spoiled.

by Anonymousreply 104March 18, 2024 3:29 AM

Disclaimer: No actual babies were harmed in the filming of Call the Midwife.

by Anonymousreply 105March 18, 2024 4:33 AM

The Brits are so nice to give a phone number if you’ve been disturbed by anything portrayed in the show.

Unfortunately, they don’t give a number for overacting, boring plots or general miscasting.

by Anonymousreply 106March 18, 2024 4:36 AM

It’s a few years old how, but have any of you seen The Lost Honour of Christopher Jeffries?

It’s about one of the most disgraceful episodes in British newspaper history (yes, I know there have been many) & is deeply upsetting to watch. Although has a highly satisfying ending.

Not sure where it’s streaming, but please track it down if you can.

by Anonymousreply 107March 18, 2024 5:52 AM

I’ve never heard of it. I checked, it doesn’t seem to be streaming anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 108March 18, 2024 11:17 AM

The ONLY reasons I still watch Call The Midwife are for Linda Bassett as Nurse Crane and Georgie Glen as Miss Higgins. Those two actresses can spin Midwife's repetitive dross into gold. (And maybe someday Ollie Rix will take his shirt off.)

by Anonymousreply 109March 18, 2024 8:55 PM

Just a taste...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 18, 2024 9:22 PM

[quote]Georgie Glen as Miss Higgins.

This season they gave Miss Higgins a good storyline but it was only one episode.

The Turner drama dragged on endlessly. If his wife wasn’t a producer, the Turners would be turfed out.

Still waiting for little Timmy Turner to be caught with his pants down in the Gents at Stepney Tube Station.

by Anonymousreply 111March 18, 2024 9:41 PM

Then they'd have to rename the show Call the Magistrate, R111. (And I would watch that show.)

by Anonymousreply 112March 18, 2024 9:53 PM

Nolly is swell.

by Anonymousreply 113March 18, 2024 11:17 PM

Not thoroughly sold on Alice and Jack. I know the big spoilers so that may be why. Have just started "This is going to hurt,"

by Anonymousreply 114March 18, 2024 11:19 PM

[quote]Not thoroughly sold on Alice and Jack.

I just watched the first episode of this. Does it get any better?

by Anonymousreply 115March 20, 2024 11:18 PM

I asked this question on the Call the Midwife thread, but I think it got buried so I’ll ask it here.

On Call the Midwife, Season 13 takes place in 1969. The midwives and some of the residents are still having to run to the corner to make a phone call from the phone box. I was a kid in the US in 1969. Everyone we knew had a phone in their home (some had party lines to lower the cost, but everyone had a phone). Was there still that much economic disparity between the US and the UK as late as 1969?

by Anonymousreply 116March 20, 2024 11:25 PM

I'm well into This Is Going To Hurt (streaming now) on Acorn, and if PBS had shown it instead of Call The Midwife all the US fraus would have fainted dead away. Never mind the casual swearing, so far I've seen two caesarians in which the woman's abdomen was brusquely peeled open like you'd rip the peel off a tangerine (the sounds are fairly similar, too). Fortunately, neither was shot in close-up, but, yeah, you really get the idea. *Excellent* show, though, and it's not a good look for the NHS. (There are gays for those that like to have them on TV. Also -- Harriet Walter!)

Sorry to derail your telephone question, R116.

by Anonymousreply 117March 21, 2024 8:22 PM

[quote]I just watched the first episode of this. Does it get any better?

No, it's sheer misery. I am a fan of Domnhall Gleeson but his last three TV projects : Frank of Ireland, Run and now this are awful.

by Anonymousreply 118March 21, 2024 8:30 PM

I binge watched Alice & Jack. What a slog! It’s one of those series that should have been done in four episodes but they stretch it out to six.

The main problem is the writing. These characters are boring. Andrea Risborough has a difficult job because there’s nothing likeable about her character.

If you were thinking of watching it, give it a miss.

by Anonymousreply 119March 22, 2024 4:23 AM

I just binge watched The Diplomat. Not the recent Keri Russell one; the one set in Barcelona. Nobody famous but lots of nice scenery. It’s a solid B, one overarching plot and the case of the week for the British Consul to sort out with DBN = Distressed British Nationals.

by Anonymousreply 120March 28, 2024 4:21 AM

I just went back and watched "I hate Suzie Too," which is stunning in its rawness and its character's dysfunction. Very painful to watch but I respect Piper and her collaborator, a writer for "Succession." I wish the two would do more. Billie Piper has Mich Jagger's face, so all that camera time was uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 121March 29, 2024 8:16 PM

Just finished Nolly. What a delight!

And the ending was handled perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 122April 5, 2024 8:52 PM

[quote] Billie Piper has Mich Jagger's face, so all that camera time was uncomfortable.

You’d look like that too if you were married to Laurence Fox.

by Anonymousreply 123April 5, 2024 9:58 PM

New season of the "Death in Paradise" spinoff "Beyond Paradise" just started on Britbox.

by Anonymousreply 124April 6, 2024 1:47 AM

I watched “Scoop” about the BBC interviewing Prince Andrew about Jeffrey Epstein. What a dreary show. Don’t bother.

by Anonymousreply 125April 6, 2024 1:52 AM

R116 Yes. I went to England in 1966. I was 15. My mother took me because she was joining some rich friends in London to see Billy Graham. I was shocked at how drab, depressing, and poor England was. Everyone had bad teeth. The BBC had 3 channels showing nothing but tours of cheese factories. Our first hotel was so grim, my mother moved us to a high-rise modern Sheraton. Carnaby Street was cool. There was no air conditioning, no ice, and lots of body odor. Most of the time I felt like I was in a black and white movie.

by Anonymousreply 126April 6, 2024 2:04 AM

1966 England was still during the era of the Trades Union Council's stranglehold on Britain. Equality by the sharing of poverty.

by Anonymousreply 127April 6, 2024 7:59 AM

R127 is a Thatcherite cunt.

by Anonymousreply 128April 6, 2024 8:05 AM

R127 also starts gloom and doom election threads, trolls Israel-Gaza threads, and has a generally shitty posting history. Block the fucker and take a look yourself.

by Anonymousreply 129April 6, 2024 8:36 AM

R123

They are no longer married. She apparently figured out his mental status before he went public with the ugly insanity.

(He completely ruined the memories of one of my favorite shows, " Lewis." Don't think I could watch it again. And I'm certainly no longer in lust with him.)

by Anonymousreply 130April 6, 2024 12:30 PM

Someone on here loves James Purfoy. I’m watching Injustice right now, it’s pretty good.

by Anonymousreply 131April 7, 2024 3:27 AM

Just a month ago I finished re-watching Lewis. It holds up quite nicely. There should be a new Hathaway series.with the clear thinking Inspector fighting the utter perversion of Oxford's common sense and freedom of thought..

by Anonymousreply 132April 7, 2024 3:36 AM

There should have definitely been a follow-on series "Hathaway." And Hathaway could have finally come out as gay. That would have been a great twist to follow the characters of both Morse and Lewis.

Even Fox referred to his character as "Halfagay."

by Anonymousreply 133April 7, 2024 1:49 PM

Ok, I finished “Injustice “ and there were plot holes you could drive a truck through. Unrealistic court scenes and then gaps in evidence and a dropped clue. Shoddy writing from Anthony Horowitz. Purfoy was good though.

by Anonymousreply 134April 11, 2024 1:03 PM

I don't know if Northern Ireland counts as "British" for purposes of this discussion, but the second half of the current season of "Hope Street" just showed up on Britbox.

by Anonymousreply 135April 11, 2024 2:45 PM

Really. surprising to hear that about the writing of Anthony Horowitz. He's usually so good and writes such tight and complex plots.

by Anonymousreply 136April 11, 2024 3:38 PM

Hope Street was very good in its first season. But it quickly fell into soap opera territory. If there’s a soap opera meme, it’s in this show. The show needs less lesbian drama, less sleeping around, less who’s my real mother and more focus on police work.

by Anonymousreply 137April 11, 2024 3:39 PM

On Netflix: the miniseries Baby Reindeer based on series creator/lead Richard Gadd's one-man play which details the true story of his stalking by a crazy woman. Very powerful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 13, 2024 4:45 AM

Worse than the plot lines of 'Hope Street' is the filler; every scene is closed with reaction shots. Maybe that's the essence of a soap opera - which 'Hope Street' is, and not a good one - but they should be able to write enough action or dialogue to fill the time, not have to see every actor in every scene register a look of surprise or dismay or anger or consternation or worry and on and on. Long, static shots of faces to fill the time.

Plus, it has one of the most disagreeable characters I've ever watched on a British TV show - Concepta O'Hare.

by Anonymousreply 139April 13, 2024 6:10 AM

My biggest complaint about "Hope Street" is the fact that they absolutely, 100% of the time, MUST show a still of "Interview Room #2" before every single interrogation scene.

by Anonymousreply 140April 13, 2024 3:30 PM

They do vary that shot, I believe, with two different angles of "Interview Room #2".

So there's that.

by Anonymousreply 141April 13, 2024 4:16 PM

Criminal Record on Apple looked great - Cush Jumbo and Peter Capaldi - but it was dull and plodding and overstretched to 8 episodes.

As a whodunnit it wasn't exciting, as a bent copper drama it wasn't exciting, and a topical race drama it wasn't very well done.

It made me want to watch Prime Suspect again, which starred Zoe Wanamaker in S1 and Capaldi in S3.

by Anonymousreply 142April 15, 2024 1:03 PM

If you want "a bent copper drama" Line of Duty is what you want.

by Anonymousreply 143April 15, 2024 1:12 PM

Anthony Horowitz who wrote and produced FOYLE'S WAR, the best Brit mystery series ever, has become a terrible hack. He would do well to produce less and take more time tom work out his plots.

by Anonymousreply 144April 15, 2024 1:38 PM

Will W1A ever come back with more episodes? Hilarious show with a brilliant cast.

by Anonymousreply 145April 15, 2024 1:39 PM

W1A was brilliant but I can't see the modern woke BBC again mocking itself so incisively. There was however the prequel series Twenty Twelve where the Hugh Bonneville character prepares London for the Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 146April 15, 2024 2:00 PM

I don't see them making another season of W1A either, as much as I would *love* them to. First of all, good luck getting all those actors available at the same time again, and two, see R146 (although those writers mocking the modern woke BBC would be hilarious). All that said, both Twenty Twelve and W1A are endlessly rewatchable and never not funny (and I wish they were available on DVD in the States, yeah, yeah, I know, multi-region DVD player). Even the very thought of Siobhan makes me want to strangle her, so well done, Jessica Hynes.

Anyone else in the US watching Mr. Bates vs. the Post Office on Masterpiece. It's very nice, and I'm pretty sure I know exactly how it will end.

by Anonymousreply 147April 15, 2024 11:33 PM

Monica Dolan has never been funnier than she was in W1A. “I’m not trying to be funny here…” Unfortunately, now she’s taking all the “dim wife” roles. Get up, Mo, you can do better.

by Anonymousreply 148April 15, 2024 11:50 PM

Dolan is in Mr Bates vs. the Post Office, playing a dim postmistress with no computer skills. She cries a lot (at least as of episode 1). Every time I see her in anything all I can hear is "I'm not trying to be funny here..." in a Welsh accent.

by Anonymousreply 149April 15, 2024 11:53 PM

Call me a softie but I'm finding Mr. Bates too painful to watch. The whole situation is genuinely upsetting, especially knowing it all really happened.

by Anonymousreply 150April 16, 2024 12:15 AM

They seem to have cleaned her up a bit for "Mr. Bates," but Julie Hesmondhalgh will always be "World's Ugliest Rape Victim" from the last season of "Broadchurch."

by Anonymousreply 151April 16, 2024 1:20 AM

WHET Russell Tovey?

Is there a season five of "Shakespeare & Hathaway?"

by Anonymousreply 152April 16, 2024 1:45 AM

[quote]WHET Russell Tovey?

He was just in Ryan Murphy’s “Feud: The Swans” about Truman Capote.

[quote]Is there a season five of "Shakespeare & Hathaway?"

I think they stopped after Season 4. I haven’t heard any plans to continue the show.

by Anonymousreply 153April 16, 2024 2:36 AM

[quote]They seem to have cleaned her up a bit for "Mr. Bates," but Julie Hesmondhalgh will always be "World's Ugliest Rape Victim" from the last season of "Broadchurch."

I think she was miscast in Broadchurch. I’ve liked her in other shows.

by Anonymousreply 154April 16, 2024 2:41 AM

I 'd rather see Russell Tovey in a second season of that mystery series he was in with Francesca Annis, Stephen Rea and Imelda Staunton. Spacing on the title but it was so good.

by Anonymousreply 155April 16, 2024 3:32 AM

^ Flesh and Blood ^

But wasn't that a short, self-contained series R155? It's been a while since I watched it, but I don't remember there being a need to continue the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 16, 2024 5:35 AM

[quote]Monica Dolan has never been funnier than she was in W1A. “I’m not trying to be funny here…” Unfortunately, now she’s taking all the “dim wife” roles. Get up, Mo, you can do better.

The Welsh media tried to do an OUTRAGE story about her accent. It was perfectly acceptable.

[quote]Dolan is in Mr Bates vs. the Post Office, playing a dim postmistress with no computer skills. She cries a lot (at least as of episode 1). Every time I see her in anything all I can hear is "I'm not trying to be funny here..." in a Welsh accent.

Dolan won a BAFTA playing Rose West, one of the most iconic British women of the last 30 years.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157April 16, 2024 7:47 AM

[quote] Dolan is in Mr Bates vs. the Post Office, playing a dim postmistress with no computer skills.

R149, the lack of computer skills of the postmistress is not the issue though, is it? Fujitsu’s lack of computer skills, and the Post Office’s dishonesty and lack of leadership destroyed the poor woman. It there is any justice, lawsuits will force both of them to make her the richest postie in all of Hampshire!

by Anonymousreply 158April 16, 2024 11:04 AM

The post office corporate leadership has pretty much evaded punishment. The woman executive left that job, Charles rescinded her CBE or OBE or whatever she’d been awarded, she worked high up at NIH, was let go from that fairly recently, has resigned from a bunch of things she was involved in—sorry to be so vague, it’s all in Wikipedia.

What I don’t understand is, she took that position towards the end of the issue. She’d been head of the tech department for a few years before that but sub post offices had been having problems well before she was hired AFAICT. Why aren’t the guys who were there before her being questioned? This went on for 15 years!

by Anonymousreply 159April 16, 2024 12:08 PM

IIRC the finale of FLESH AND BLOOD ended with Stephen Rea blinking his eyes and seemingly coming out of his near death coma. Russell Tovey posted on Insta last year that they were hopefully all waiting for Imelda Staunton to finish filming on THE CROWN and become a available to shoot S2. But perhaps there hasn't been enough demand for it.

by Anonymousreply 160April 16, 2024 12:17 PM

What is Tom Bateman up to??

by Anonymousreply 161April 16, 2024 12:17 PM

My question is why doesn’t the UK government step in and put an end to the post office issue? Issue an apology, wipe out prison records and make financial restitution to those harmed.

[quote] It there is any justice, lawsuits will force both of them to make her the richest postie in all of Hampshire!

Legally I’m not sure that can happen. She signed her registry saying everything balanced. I think Toby Jones’ character was fired because he refused to sign when things didn’t balance. That’s the key here, these people were under pressure and signed off each day that their money balanced.

by Anonymousreply 162April 16, 2024 12:22 PM

Re the British Post Office scandal. It’s still ONGOING re trials and payments awarded. It’s a huge mess. Ie, one early award of £57 million, the trial was funded by a “litigation fund” because the subpostmasters couldn’t afford to hire lawyers themselves and the fund took most of the award as compensation. The subs got around £20,000 each.

In everything I’ve skimmed on wiki, Fujitsu which created Horizon, doesn’t seem to have been affected at all. They wrote the software, I don’t get it.

by Anonymousreply 163April 16, 2024 1:02 PM

[quote]In everything I’ve skimmed on wiki, Fujitsu which created Horizon, doesn’t seem to have been affected at all. They wrote the software, I don’t get it.

Yes, why is the British government not filing a lawsuit against Fujitsu? Are they still using their products and afraid the company will retaliate?

by Anonymousreply 164April 16, 2024 1:11 PM

Am going to start watching the British Post Office show this week, just saw that it's now on PBS here in the states.

by Anonymousreply 165April 16, 2024 1:12 PM

This is the latest. Bates wants to use the same private prosecution mechanism that they used to prosecute the sub-postmasters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166April 16, 2024 1:40 PM

Linky stinky, R166.

by Anonymousreply 167April 16, 2024 1:46 PM

[quote] Yes, why is the British government not filing a lawsuit against Fujitsu? Are they still using their products and afraid the company will retaliate?

For fear of UK libel laws, I am entirely unable to answer that question.

On an entirely unrelated note, Michael Keegan, the former head of Fujitsu UK, who is the husband if the current Education Secretary, is leaving his job in the Cabinet Office (the heart of the UK government).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168April 16, 2024 1:47 PM

Every time they use his full name, I can't help thinking about the actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169April 16, 2024 3:55 PM

Master Bates

by Anonymousreply 170April 16, 2024 3:57 PM

R165 I missed the first episode but was still able to watch it on the PBS app. In my area, the 2nd episode aired last Sunday. Final ep on this coming Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 171April 16, 2024 4:12 PM

And the following Sunday they're airing the documentary about it (the Post Office problem, not the series.)

by Anonymousreply 172April 16, 2024 5:24 PM

This is a good explained on Fujitsu.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 173April 16, 2024 5:58 PM

Ugh, not on Twitter so can only read the first post. The Times article is paywalled.

by Anonymousreply 174April 16, 2024 6:08 PM

R161 Studying acting at the Manchester School of Theatre. Class of '26.

by Anonymousreply 175April 16, 2024 7:47 PM

r171 No, there are TWO more episodes (it's a four-part series.) 4/21 and 4/28. And then after the 4/28 episode, they'll air the documentary (repeated on 5/5.)

by Anonymousreply 176April 17, 2024 1:44 AM

Ok. I could’ve sworn when the preview showed for next Sunday, that it said it was the finale.

by Anonymousreply 177April 17, 2024 11:28 AM

Has Mrs Patmore appeared yet with Alan Bates? They keep showing her in previews.

by Anonymousreply 178April 17, 2024 12:27 PM

Started watching Netflix Brit 2021 thriller series Behind Her Eyes because I'm in lust with Tom Bateman.

Kind of schlocky stylish fun but icily paced. Why must everything be a series now (this would clearly be far more suspenseful as a 2 hour film)?

by Anonymousreply 179April 21, 2024 2:27 AM

Vera has been cancelled by ITV after 14 seasons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180April 22, 2024 4:38 PM

Now THAT'S bad news.

by Anonymousreply 181April 22, 2024 5:05 PM

R178 She showed up last night.

by Anonymousreply 182April 22, 2024 5:09 PM

Someone is masturbating at the Post Office! This is an OUTRAGE!

by Anonymousreply 183April 22, 2024 7:25 PM

Team Nolly

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 22, 2024 7:36 PM

ooooh, just saw the preview for the next season of Grantchester and the new vicar looks dishy.

by Anonymousreply 185April 26, 2024 2:59 AM

But it's really pushing belief - in a series that is already on the edge of reality - that just coincidentally has a THIRD vicar preternaturally skilled at crime and murder solving, and becomes another in a series of best friends with Geordie.

How about a reboot where we don't care about the newest self-indulgent and immature vicar and the show revolves around Leonard Finch?

by Anonymousreply 186April 26, 2024 4:21 AM

[quote]the show revolves around Leonard Finch?

I’ve said before that they should do a spinoff of Leonard. Since he’s been defrocked, he can move to London and fast forward the time to the 1960s.

by Anonymousreply 187April 26, 2024 1:04 PM

Get rid of Geordie and the Vicar and build the show around the rest of the characters like Leonard, Daniel, Miss Scott, Larry Peters, the Chapmans, and a newly single Cathy Keating.

They are so much more interesting than the two navel gazers.

Maybe as a plus, Geordie and Will can run off together. Geordie's definitely game for that; he just doesn't know yet that's what he wants. Sidney was gay as a goose. Why do you think he drank as much as he did and was so morose with his jazz music? And then had to run away?

by Anonymousreply 188April 26, 2024 1:32 PM

That bitch Katherine Kelly played in Mr. Bates vs the Post Office has been testifying yesterday and today. It's juicy. Live BBC commentary at link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 26, 2024 1:41 PM

[quote]Sidney was gay as a goose. Why do you think he drank as much as he did and was so morose with his jazz music? And then had to run away?

Probably the stupidest exit from a show ever written. I wonder what everyone was smoking when they came up with that idea?

by Anonymousreply 190April 26, 2024 1:43 PM

It’s insane that the Post Office/Horizon/Fujitsu crime has been going on for 24 years.

by Anonymousreply 191April 26, 2024 3:46 PM

[quote]It’s insane that the Post Office/Horizon/Fujitsu crime has been going on for 24 years.

And that it took a tv show to turn up the heat for the government to take it more seriously.

by Anonymousreply 192April 26, 2024 3:56 PM

re: Midsomer Murders - We seem to be stalled at season 24/episode 4 here in the States. Are there subsequent new episodes in the can?

A day without Midsomer is like a day without Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 193April 26, 2024 6:03 PM

[quote] will always be "World's Ugliest Rape Victim" from the last season of "Broadchurch."

FFS, what century are you typing from? As if rapists only attack models, instead of anyone from infancy to 90+ years old.

And her homeliness was acknowledged by the friend whose hot husband Trish had an affair with, if that makes you feel better.

by Anonymousreply 194April 26, 2024 6:38 PM

[quote]We seem to be stalled at season 24/episode 4 here in the States. Are there subsequent new episodes in the can?

Season 24, ep 4 was the last one broadcast. It would be nice if they ended with Season 25. The show has gotten stale and the diversity casting is getting silly. The UK must lead the world in mixed marriages.

by Anonymousreply 195April 26, 2024 7:32 PM

[quote] the diversity casting is getting silly. The UK must lead the world in mixed marriages.

Oh, Brian True-May, will you never get over it?

by Anonymousreply 196April 26, 2024 8:40 PM

S24E4 of Midsomer just popped up this week on Acorn. There was a LONG gap between E3 and E4.

by Anonymousreply 197April 26, 2024 8:51 PM

Holy shit, Hulu is going to show The Contestant, the British-made documentary about a 1998 Japanese reality show. I remember hearing about this show from some Japanese travelers when it aired. It sounded unbelievably cruel, a guy was locked in a small apartment, with absolutely nothing except magazines, no contact with the outside world, and he had to enter contests (mail-in not online!) and win what he needed to survive, including food and clothes. Reality shows were new back then and he had no idea what he was in for. IIRC, he knew he was being filmed but he didn’t know that his struggle was being aired for laughs on a weekly program while he was voluntarily confined…for over a year.

SPOILER: He didn’t commit suicide like I was told back then. So, thank god for that.

by Anonymousreply 198April 26, 2024 9:16 PM

Who else is thrilled to bits with the announcement that Netflix will soon be shooting Richard Osman's THE THURSDAY MURDER CLUB starring Helen Mirren, Pierce Brosnan and Ben Kingsley? Perfect casting and we can only anticipate the casting of Joyce to complete the quartet. I vote for Imelda Staunton!

I'm so happy this book is being done as a film and not a dragged out series though, of course, eventually the book's sequels will make a series of 4 films (or more as Osman keeps writing sequels).

by Anonymousreply 199April 27, 2024 1:00 PM

Helen Mirren is so perfect for Elizabeth he must have had her in mind when he wrote the novels. Imelda Staunton is far too vulgar for Joyce.

by Anonymousreply 200April 27, 2024 2:28 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!