Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Taylor Swift's father's email from 2005 leaked

Creepy AF

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48April 18, 2024 6:13 AM

PAGE 21 is where it starts

by Anonymousreply 1December 30, 2023 1:56 AM

Can you summarize?

by Anonymousreply 2December 30, 2023 2:02 AM

A summary would be helpful given he starts with a joke about it being the longest email ever written and then carries on for 6 entire pages I'd like to know what makes it worthwhile

by Anonymousreply 3December 30, 2023 2:02 AM

-He was annoyed at the manager for managing another band, as it would take time away from Taylor.

-Andrea Swift felt like Scott talked about/promoted Taylor too much.

-He used to make every client of his listen to Taylor's songs before he went over their financial plans.

-He literally wrote, "Taylor will define your life's work."

by Anonymousreply 4December 30, 2023 2:10 AM

She did not start out as a country girl with just her guitar. Her parents are wealthy, she grew up in Pennsylvania and her dad bought her career.

by Anonymousreply 5December 30, 2023 2:11 AM

Is the summary "dad is manic"?

by Anonymousreply 6December 30, 2023 2:16 AM

Sounds like the piggy faced wife has him beat down

by Anonymousreply 7December 30, 2023 2:22 AM

r4"He literally wrote"

Literally wrote.

R4 Seriously

by Anonymousreply 8December 30, 2023 2:27 AM

He says he can't get a hard on

by Anonymousreply 9December 30, 2023 2:31 AM

r9 Eeeew

by Anonymousreply 10December 30, 2023 2:32 AM

She went to Britney Spears Camp Y'all! I did that now she is a star!

by Anonymousreply 11December 30, 2023 2:33 AM

Who is the email addressed to, OP? Who is "Dan"?

Sounds like he was being phased out of Taylor's career (busine$$ side of it). He needed to let everybody know how much he contributed. He's pulling the Dad card (you'll find out when you're a dad).

He's a windbag with no self control.

Sounds like the wife doesn't like him, either.

by Anonymousreply 12December 30, 2023 2:39 AM

No wonder Taylor's brother was 250 pounds in high school. The father acts like "babysitting" him is a burden he would rather be at Taylor's appearances.

by Anonymousreply 13December 30, 2023 2:42 AM

He could play Mama Rose in "Gypsy."

He has lists and lists of things he does and that no on appreciates and everyone ignores. This is from his email detailing his suffering and sacrifices:

[quote] Who gets to go to New York, New England, and every cool appearance? Not Dad. He can't fix her hair. Dad talks too much. Who pays for trips to New York? Dad. Who makes sure and takes days off to make sure that whether it was Radio Disney, Brit's Camp, or any event that we had stuff to give away: CDs, frisbees, headshots. Who even thought to put that stuff together? Who blew up 500 beach balls on the roof for Radio Disney? Dad. "We are going to Britney's camp but you and Austin can't come. Who gets to babysit Austin? Who at the last minute has to find some pace to print CDs? You got it. Dad. Who funds the whole process but does not get to come to the dance? Dad.

[quote] Dad can be a lonely place.

Compare this to Mama Rose singing "Rose's Turn":

Why did I do it?

What did it get me?

Scrapbooks full of me in the background.

Give 'em love and what does it get ya?

What does it get ya?

One quick look as each of 'em leaves you.

All your life and what does it get ya?

Thanks a lot and out with the garbage,

They take bows and you're battin' zero.

by Anonymousreply 14December 30, 2023 3:01 AM

Omg what a narcissist. Her too

by Anonymousreply 15December 30, 2023 3:06 AM

Discussion of it at Reddit

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16December 30, 2023 3:24 AM

All for that bland, bitch-faced relationship junkie?

The real winner will be Travis; he's getting tons of free publicity which will lead to a movie career.

by Anonymousreply 17December 30, 2023 3:31 AM

He's losing control and becoming unhinged. Can't wait to see him telling his side of the story on Inside Edition.

by Anonymousreply 18December 30, 2023 4:08 AM

Geez, he sounds like a fucking loon.

by Anonymousreply 19December 30, 2023 4:27 AM

r18 Losing? That email was from 2008

by Anonymousreply 20December 30, 2023 11:40 AM

Imagine if this was Taylor's mom?

by Anonymousreply 21December 30, 2023 12:27 PM

He sounds like an unstable loser. Normal people don't whine like that. Someone needs to get dad a pacifier and put him down for a nap.

by Anonymousreply 22December 30, 2023 1:10 PM

Strong is the presence of Katy Perry in this thread

by Anonymousreply 23December 30, 2023 1:13 PM

He is a psycho and she is a dumb bitch. Anyone who likes her is a combo of the two.

by Anonymousreply 24December 30, 2023 1:26 PM

Stage parents are among the lowest forms of grifters.

And they always are insane, too.

by Anonymousreply 25December 30, 2023 1:37 PM

Swift is just another product masquerading as a "talent" and human being.

by Anonymousreply 26December 30, 2023 1:38 PM

Was anybody expecting normal behavior from a republican?

by Anonymousreply 27December 30, 2023 1:39 PM

I never do, R27, and they have yet to "disappoint".

by Anonymousreply 28December 30, 2023 1:45 PM

meh, whatever he did, it worked!

did the dude get any monies?

by Anonymousreply 29December 30, 2023 1:52 PM

Any man who refers to "babysitting" his children is a narcissist and should be considered accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 30December 30, 2023 2:14 PM

the most interesting part was the story of how she started.

not really a fan and certainly sick of her this year.

by Anonymousreply 31December 30, 2023 2:27 PM

[quote]Claims the Swifts suggested he (Swift's first agent) take out a life insurance policy with them as the beneficiaries

What the actual fuck?

by Anonymousreply 32December 30, 2023 2:45 PM

This old clip was in another thread a few weeks ago and someone commented on how abrasive and domineering her father comes across. And only her mother speaks up for her.

Like whoever made that comment, I don't care so much for her music but have new found appreciation for her strength of character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33December 30, 2023 3:10 PM

But what about the VIDEO TAPES? WHO recorded and COPIED them??? I did.

Share my pain please.

by Anonymousreply 34December 30, 2023 3:15 PM

I was impressed by how much her dad did to help his daughter's dreams come true.

I disagree that he bought her career. She worked hard at writing songs and putting herself out there with the help of her parents. Look at her worldwide success now. It is because of Taylor's talent, not because her dad paid for certain things. (That was not a diss to her dad, but to people who say her career was bought.)

by Anonymousreply 35December 30, 2023 3:16 PM

How rich would her father have to be to buy her s career? A billionaire?

by Anonymousreply 36December 30, 2023 3:44 PM

Please, Barbara. The father was making an investment so that he could then cash in HANDSOMELY in the long term. He is a *BANKER*, as he keeps on repeating. This has *nothing* to do with "helping" baby bae's "dreams come true". Baby bae was and is a C-O-M-M-O-D-I-T-Y.

"Taylor is worth your efforts. You hopefully will become very wealthy with Taylor", he says in the e-mail. Those were his hopes FOR HIMSELF, first and foremost.

And she is STILL working for him right now (the father), at the end of the day, and THIS is the most successful venture of this guy's entire career as a banker. This "husband", "father", "a robot cut my prostate off" bullshit is just that, bullshit - but it's bullshit that is all useful and an accessory, so to say, to the ultimate, the ONLY goal: CHA-CHING.

Success. Keep the coins coming. Just, please, don't announce that you're a lesbian. Here, sign this contract for daddy, stating that you will have beards until the day you die. I don't want no lezzo cash cow; it's not profitable enough for my ambitions. Sign it for daddy. In perpetuity. That's it. Good girl.

by Anonymousreply 37December 30, 2023 3:45 PM

R35 - I think that's a kind take and pretty much true. Listen, you can blow up all the beach balls and give away all the CDs you want, but you can't make people love music or buy it.

This sounds like a very frustrated man writing to some scummy new managers and agents who are now taking all the credit (and fees) for her success while elbowing out her dad.

I don't think some of you know how fucking scummy some of the people in the music industry are - AND Taylor was too young and impressionable and trusting at that age to understand.

I want to give her dad the benefit of the doubt here.

by Anonymousreply 38December 30, 2023 3:49 PM

[quote] I want to give her dad the benefit of the doubt here.

Like we did for so long re: Jamie Spears?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39December 30, 2023 3:57 PM

No wonder she comes off as odd. I don’t dislike her, but she comes off to me as cold and robotic. Like she’s not a real person.

All of this bullshit from her dad and the shitty industry is probably why, tho.

by Anonymousreply 40December 30, 2023 6:38 PM

What was this lawsuit over?

by Anonymousreply 41December 30, 2023 6:45 PM

R35 What “talent” would that be, dear. She’s fugly, can’t sing, wears hideous clothes, and has no eyes. And as far as being anti-Trump, where was this cunt in 2016 when it really mattered. Licking republican taints, that’s where. I detest this awful dyke.

by Anonymousreply 42December 30, 2023 7:21 PM

[quote] And as far as being anti-Trump, where was this cunt in 2016 when it really mattered

fwiw, R42, the video at R33 was November 2018 in response to what she saw in 2016

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 30, 2023 8:14 PM

R11. I always thought of her as Britney Spears V2. Created and controlled but given the illusion that she's the "mastermind". The one time she probably decided something for herself she ended up with Matt Healy. And that worked great!

by Anonymousreply 44December 30, 2023 8:24 PM

I don't know the ins and outs but it sounds like the dad is bitter and wants all the credit so he's trying his best to discredit everything others did to help her career. I don't care enough to really do a deep read though. She's so bland.

by Anonymousreply 45December 30, 2023 8:27 PM

Taylor was a young teen when the letter was written.

by Anonymousreply 46January 1, 2024 4:28 AM

Papa Swift (and probably Mom too) is MAGA

by Anonymousreply 47April 18, 2024 6:01 AM

Reading just a few pages of this makes me sick. I work in show business as a musician, and the way this man created the evil musical villain known as Taylor Swift both infuriates and disgusts me.

If cancel culture did the right thing, which it never does, it would get rid of that hussy. She sucks, she’s too damn powerful. Teenage girls with mom’s credit card made her who she is.

by Anonymousreply 48April 18, 2024 6:13 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!