Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Paul McCartney, Elton John, and Garth Brooks to Perform With Spinal Tap

Paul McCartney, Elton John, and Garth Brooks each have a bit of experience with fictional musicians (see: Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Captain Fantastic, and Chris Gaines). And soon they’ll be joining forces with another fictional band, Spinal Tap, in Rob Reiner’s upcoming sequel to This Is Spinal Tap. Reiner revealed on Richard Herring’s podcast RHLSTP that the three musicians would appear in the long-awaited mockumentary sequel, which is set to film in February 2024. Reiner previously announced Spinal Tap’s reunion last year, with Christopher Guest, Michael McKean, and Harry Shearer all set to return as the band’s members. The new film was reported to be modeled after Martin Scorsese’s the Band doc The Last Waltz — so should we expect McCartney, John, and Brooks to be joining the band on a blowout farewell tour? And where can we buy our tickets?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2024 7:44 PM

Omg! I'm so excited about this! I didn't know a sequel was being planned. And I love the Last Waltz. I always play it when I host Friendsgiving. I hope they can get a couple from TLW to appear. Neil Young and Bob Dylan are still performing but Dylan doesn't have much of a sense of humor. Ringo is probably to old to want to drum, but maybe good for a cameo? Neil Diamond?

by Anonymousreply 1November 28, 2023 5:33 PM

Oh, definitely Ringo as the I’ll-fated drummer.

by Anonymousreply 2November 28, 2023 5:52 PM

Ringo or Jim Keltner, if possible, or Abe Laboriel Jr.

by Anonymousreply 3November 28, 2023 5:56 PM

Will Bobbi Flekman be in it?

by Anonymousreply 4November 28, 2023 6:54 PM

R1. If you don’t have it - get the deluxe dvd of spinal tap. It’s 3 movies. The original, a new film from the outtakes & a voice over commentary of the band watching the film (they feel exploited)

by Anonymousreply 5November 28, 2023 6:56 PM

Turning it up to 11 as I type this.

by Anonymousreply 6November 28, 2023 7:21 PM

[quote]Ringo or Jim Keltner, if possible, or Abe Laboriel Jr.

Too bad Jim Gordon wasn't available.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 28, 2023 7:22 PM

R4: Yes, she will!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8March 27, 2024 6:25 AM

Fran Drescher is back!

by Anonymousreply 9March 27, 2024 6:28 AM

Last week, a friend in New Orleans happened upon a location shoot in the French Quarter for a film titled HELLO, CLEVELAND (according to the crew-signs she saw posted around). She thought that was an odd title (for a movie shooting in NOLA), wondered what it could be about. And then....Harry Shearer walked by her in full Derek Smalls-garb.

by Anonymousreply 10April 8, 2024 7:37 PM

How many crash carts will be on site?

by Anonymousreply 11April 8, 2024 7:39 PM

The original movie was such brilliant satire and does NOT need a sequel.

Especially since Paul McCartney and Elton John have made satires out of their own selves over the decades.

by Anonymousreply 12April 8, 2024 7:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!