Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Brianna Ghey murder trial starts in UK

Brianna was the 15 year old male born trans girl stabbed to death in February this year that saw a wave of vigils in the UK. A male and female teenager aged 15 were charged with the murder

The UK has very strict contempt of court laws so the information presented to the jury is the first time it has been made public.

As was suspected at the time Brianna wasn't killed simply because she was trans. The 2 perps have been diagnosed with autism and had an unnatural obsession with torture and murder and the girl attempted to kill Brianna by giving her an overdose, which she recovered from.

The perps then planned to kill a boy by strangling him and stage it as him hanging himself, but they couldn't afford the rope. The girl perp had told the boy perp that she really liked Brianna and she became the next target.

Parts of the court testimony made me think of Heathers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150April 28, 2024 11:45 PM

The case is expected to be over before Christmas, so the evidence is clearly damning.

by Anonymousreply 1November 27, 2023 3:58 PM

Will Gervais, Rowling, and Morgan be indicted too?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2December 20, 2023 8:46 PM

R2 We can but hope.

by Anonymousreply 3December 20, 2023 8:57 PM

India Willoughby is a fucking crank who needs locking up. Any publicity is better than none.

The two kids who killed Ghey had a list of 5 kids they wanted to murder. They ended up killing Ghey out of convenience not because of transphobia.

by Anonymousreply 4December 20, 2023 9:04 PM

I don't think Brianna was killed for being trans, which wouldn't make it a hate crime.

That said, some of the language used in the male murderer's tweets was transphobic. For example he said: “Is it a femboy or a tranny?” and he would regularly refer to Brianna as "it" which he arguably wouldn't have done for anyone who wasn't trans.

But ultimately it's up to Justice Yip to decide if there was any transphobic element to the killing. If she does think there was, I suspect she will say so at the sentencing.

by Anonymousreply 5December 20, 2023 9:27 PM

The head teacher of the school has issued a statement denying Ghey was a victim of bullying, a story that was pushed by lots of TRAs immediately after the murder.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 20, 2023 9:53 PM

I think saying transphobia categorically played no part in the murder is almost as bad as saying it definitely did, because both points of view come from people who want to score political points.

And people who want to score points see no problem in using the death of an innocent child to do that.

Sadly there are twisted people on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 7December 20, 2023 10:03 PM

It is utterly bizarre to see someone deny that a literal murder victim was the victim of bullying, and of course still worse due to the fact that the person was in charge of the organisation with a duty to keep Ghey safe.

Furthermore, if you're trying to convince an outside audience that one of your pupils was not the victim of bullying, then 'she was sharp-tongued, had a strong sense of justice and was not afraid to say what she thought', 'she had very close relationships with staff', 'she was not in the main body of the school' and 'she never alleged bullying' are all points that are not exactly convincing as evidence for your claim.

I also find it odd to say that claims she was bullied are disrespectful to her (even if they aren't accurate). It really makes me wonder what the headteacher's understanding of bullying is and what her attitude is to those of her pupils that are being bullied, and yes there will be some.

by Anonymousreply 8December 20, 2023 10:21 PM

So they're just thrill killers and got her because the initial target didn't show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9December 20, 2023 11:16 PM

Friends have stated in interviews that Ghey was bullied, this has also been stated in court proceedings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10December 21, 2023 1:10 AM

The link at R10 shows the father’s interview where he doesn’t mention bullying.

And remember that Paris Lees committed a horrific violent assault as a teenage and went to prison for it.

by Anonymousreply 11December 21, 2023 9:33 AM

Do you think the judge will release their names/identities?

Also you just know that they'll be out in something like 10 years :/

That girl sounds like a real piece of work. So determined to kill someone that young. Boy Y awful too but it reads like that he was egged on/influenced by her. People that malleable are disturbing too.

by Anonymousreply 12December 21, 2023 11:12 AM

Yes, the judge will name the convicted murderers R22.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 21, 2023 11:18 AM

R13 Thanks, I should have checked first! The judge's reasoning makes sense: the press would be allowed to name them regardless once they turn 18 and she thinks that would generate a new wave of publicity anyway.

by Anonymousreply 14December 21, 2023 11:25 AM

[quote]"The pair had each bought a Sainsbury's meal deal shortly before the killing. She had an egg and cress sandwich, Fridge Raiders, a Dr Pepper and a pack of brownies. He bought a ham and cheese baguette, a white Kinder Bueno chocolate bar and a Coca-Cola. The fizzy drinks, covered with their DNA, were left at the blood-soaked scene."

Why did that cop say that they were intelligent? No intelligent person does that!

[quote]"Following her arrest, Girl X was found to have traits of autism and ADHD. Boy Y was dignosed with autism and selective mutism. During the trial Boy Y typed out his answers. When the evidence against them was heard, both were given permission to play with fidget toys, to calm their anxiety, or, in the boy's case, to do crossword or sudoku puzzles from a book. The court was frequently concluded for the day at 3:30pm because of their anxiety'"

Seems a bit trendy but being treated with kid gloves means that they can't argue they didn't have a fair trial.

by Anonymousreply 15December 21, 2023 11:31 AM

"Transphobia" had nothing to do with this murder. Even Brianna's parents have talked about "mindfulness" and how mental health issues should be taught in schools (Brianna had a lot of anxiety issues).

This was a sick murder by deranged kids.

by Anonymousreply 16December 21, 2023 11:38 AM

Brianna's Instagram, or what's left of it, if anyone is interested.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 21, 2023 11:39 AM

"Sources close to the investigation have told the Mail that Girl X had been expelled from several schools, most recently for selling cannabis 'gummies' or sweets to pupils. She was caught after children became ill and teachers were informed.

'She had problems at school but she had never been in trouble with the police, she had no previous convictions and her family life seemed very ordinary,' said a source.

However, they added: 'As well as her fascination with murder and torture, Girl X told friends she was into satanism and the occult. She claimed she identified as a witch. It is baffling why she behaved this way.'

She boasted - falsely - of having killed two other people before, and talked of a desire to take bodily parts as sick souvenirs.

A parent of a child who attended the same school as her said her odd behaviour meant she had few friends.

'It was common knowledge from 2020 that she had a "kill list" of kids she wanted to kill,' he said.

'My daughter came home and told me about it, but no one took it seriously. Girl X tried to recruit other children to take part in blood rituals with her, everyone just thought she was weird and a fantasist.

'You won't find a single student that liked her.'

Giving evidence, the girl admitted she had self-harmed since the age of 12, which she said was a 'coping mechanism' for dealing with anxiety.

She then referred to her favourite film, Sweeney Todd, the famous story of a murderous cut-throat barber turned pie-maker.

She told her friend: 'It's really good and dark and gory and romantic... I'm watching for the 9000th time... you should watch it.'

Girl X also revealed an interest in serial killers such as 'Milwaukee Monster' Jeffrey Dahmer, the cannibal and necrophiliac who killed and dismembered 17 men between 1978 and 1991, 'Night Stalker' Richard Ramirez, whose 13 victims included a nine-year-old girl and a 79-year-old woman, and 'Dr Death' Harold Shipman, the English GP. suspected of killing around 250 people.

And on December 5, 2022, she sent Boy Y an advert for an underground site for people who like rape, torture and murder.

'I love watching torture vids,' she told him. 'Real ones on the dark web.'"

by Anonymousreply 18December 21, 2023 11:39 AM

[quote]"Transphobia" had nothing to do with this murder.

100% not in the case of Girl X. She was sick and into murder for its own sake. It may have been an aggravating factor for Boy Y but overall they just wanted to kill 'someone' and had planned to kill someone different - when that plan fell through, Brianna was just the back-up plan.

by Anonymousreply 19December 21, 2023 11:47 AM

People trying to score 'points' over this tragedy should be fucking ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 20December 21, 2023 11:50 AM

XY will always get you, Brianna.

These fucking kids are in for a rude awakening, it's lovely they made concessions for them in court and handled them with kid gloves, I'm sure the clink they are sent to won't be that forgiving. But maybe they'll be released in a few years like those little assholes who killed James Bulger.

by Anonymousreply 21December 21, 2023 12:18 PM

[quote]'It was common knowledge from 2020 that she had a "kill list" of kids she wanted to kill,' he said.

Hindsight is always 20/20 but a 12-year-old girl having a "kill list" didn't raise any red flags with adults?

by Anonymousreply 22December 21, 2023 12:33 PM

The two boys who murdered James Bulger had lived appalling lives. Both were abused themselves by family members.

Obviously it doesn’t excuse their actions but their behaviour was a case of nurture not nature.

by Anonymousreply 23December 21, 2023 12:36 PM

The two little shits are psychopaths and wanted to kill someone and the victim was sadly available at the wrong time, it had nothing to do with his being targeted specifically because he was trans.

I hope they lock these animals up and throw away the key.

by Anonymousreply 24December 21, 2023 12:49 PM

R24 I don't see why you felt the need to go out of your way to refer to Brianna as male when you know she identified as transgender. Even if you don't want to use she or her, you could have just said "it had nothing to do with Brianna being trans".

But anyway, I'm glad the judge decided to release the anonymity order at sentencing. I don't think two evil characters like Boy Y and Girl X deserved to have their identities private when you consider what they did.

by Anonymousreply 25December 21, 2023 1:04 PM

People can refer to Brianna in whatever way makes sense for them, r25. When the police found the body, it was a male body they found. If, when trying to identify the body, they'd put out a notice saying "the body of a young woman has been found" then they would never have been able to identify the body.

by Anonymousreply 26December 21, 2023 1:47 PM

R26 Nah I think it's just about being spiteful.

by Anonymousreply 27December 21, 2023 1:54 PM

It's not "spiteful" to refer to a male person as "he", r27.

by Anonymousreply 28December 21, 2023 1:56 PM

The victim was a male and I will refer to him as male.

by Anonymousreply 29December 21, 2023 1:57 PM

Picture of Brett on his dad's Facebook.

Brianna had apparently only been "trans" and "Brianna" for about 6 months when the killing happened.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30December 21, 2023 2:00 PM

The picture at r30 is from Brett's TikTok before he became Brianna.

by Anonymousreply 31December 21, 2023 2:04 PM

You don't do the gender critical crowd any favours.

by Anonymousreply 32December 21, 2023 2:15 PM

Not sure who you're referring to r32, but I personally don't give a shit about your opinion.

Are you implicitly criticising Brianna's own father, by the way?

by Anonymousreply 33December 21, 2023 2:30 PM

The father’s Facebook timeline is odd. There’s nothing about Brianna/Brett before the murder but a lot about another younger daughter who he misses a lot.

Lots of blokey stuff and a shit load about how evil Amber Heard was towards Depp.

by Anonymousreply 34December 21, 2023 2:30 PM

Yes, the dad seems very blokey r34 and perhaps not so present in Brianna's life. Not sure all of his timeline is public.

by Anonymousreply 35December 21, 2023 2:42 PM

It's weird that when a transgender person is murdered that so many people assume the murder happened because of who/what the victim was. Why do we assume this boy was murdered because of his identity? Most killers don't seem to give a damn who they're getting to kill as long as they get to finish. Is the collective rush to assume he was murdered because he liked to be a girl really shedding light on our own deep-down desires to punish boys who dress like girls?

"why else would he get murdered?!"

by Anonymousreply 36December 21, 2023 2:52 PM

^ Don’t you know that trans people are murdered every second just for being trans!

by Anonymousreply 37December 21, 2023 4:42 PM

[quote] "Transphobia" had nothing to do with this murder.

When have facts and reality ever been paramount to the trans fringe movement?

by Anonymousreply 38December 21, 2023 4:49 PM

R33 I'm not criticising the father, I'm criticising people who feel the need to keep referring to Brianna as he and going out of their way to do so.

Both of Brianna's parents made verbal statements outside the court after yesterday's verdict and both referred to Brianna as female in said statements. I think if both Brianna's parents would prefer their child be referred to as 'she/her' then I can show a basic level of courtesy in doing likewise.

You criticise people for saying the murder was motivated by transphobia, but you don't see the hypocrisy in using the murder to push your gender critical views. It's a shame you can't have a bit of respect, but it's not surprising.

by Anonymousreply 39December 21, 2023 5:00 PM

Oh shut up, r39. I can use whatever pronouns for this male child that I like. On something like DL and in private I will say "he". If I was in the presence of Brianna's parents - who are referring to their child as "she" because that's what they think their dead child would have wanted - then I would say "she" out of respect for their loss. But I don't at all think that Brianna was a girl, because he wasn't.

There's also the fact that Brianna's view of what a girl is appears to have been highly "kinky" and he had mental health issues. From his headteacher's "eulogy" it also appears he had behaviour problems at school. This was a child who had a whole bunch of issues going on, and the "trans" identity was a manifestation of that.

None of that is a get out card for the two freaks who murdered him.

by Anonymousreply 40December 21, 2023 5:15 PM

Spot the trans troll ^

by Anonymousreply 41December 21, 2023 5:41 PM

Why isn't it surprising that r41 is only capable of trivial comments?

by Anonymousreply 42December 21, 2023 5:59 PM

R40 Listen to the armchair psychologist.

You seem to be making a lot of big assumptions about Brianna based on very little material. I suppose you feel it justifies your lack of respect and overall callous attitude.

by Anonymousreply 43December 21, 2023 6:14 PM

Oh fuck off, r43.

by Anonymousreply 44December 21, 2023 6:29 PM

R44 Run out of counter arguments I see.

by Anonymousreply 45December 21, 2023 6:34 PM

Lol, no r45, I haven't run out of counterarguments to your bullshit. I just can't be arsed to bother with you anymore. You're a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 46December 21, 2023 6:38 PM

By the way moron at r43, Brianna's mother is the first to say that her child had mental health issues, that's why she's planning to launch a campaign about mindfulness in schools.

[quote]"Brianna really struggled with her mental health. She was suffering from self-harm and eating disorders and I think that this is so widespread now something needs to change."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47December 21, 2023 6:46 PM

Brett/Brianna clearly had behavioural problems and was obsessed with his/her appearance. I wondered how severely filtered the photos were, but this make up "tutorial" show the amount of work it took.

High School Drag Race,

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48December 21, 2023 7:21 PM

Wow, that's a lot of makeup for a "natural school" look.

by Anonymousreply 49December 21, 2023 7:36 PM

R47 Well yes, but she didn't say those mental health issues extended to Brianna being trans. Mindfulness is also a good technique to reduce anxiety which is something Brianna was said to have suffered from.

Self-harm and eating disorders are sadly widespread, but many who suffer from those aren't trans, so it's unfair to suggest there's a link.

Its the classic drip drip of "trans = mental health issues" in the same way homophobes have long said being gay is a mental health issue that can be 'cured'. It's all nonsense and usually said by people with little to no background in mental health. They just want to be shitty and gleefully spread their prejudice online while hiding behind their computer screens.

by Anonymousreply 50December 21, 2023 7:46 PM

Sounds like the Dad shunned Brett for being a fag so he felt like his only chance of acceptance from his father was to become Brianna.

by Anonymousreply 51December 21, 2023 8:21 PM

R39 Here you are openly admitting to criticizing people for being realistic. See this is the problem with trans people and those that support this nonsense they are thin skinned and demand that everyone comply with their delusions.

You can’t force others to like you or accept you especially when it totally goes against nature, people cannot become another sex you are either male or female regardless of how you see yourself. This is why the whole fucking world is sick of trans shit.

The victim was male and his life was tragically ended too soon but his pronouns mean nothing because he is dead now. It’s a shame a young gay boy felt that he had to transition in order to gain acceptance.

by Anonymousreply 52December 21, 2023 9:39 PM

R52 I'm not thin skinned, I mean I'm on DL of all places. I'm used to people being shitheads and worse.

I'm not delusional. I don't think trans people magically become another sex biologically, but I do believe some people suffer from genuine gender dysphoria and the only way to ease that is for them to transition. I believe they should be supported and not told they're insane and that people are sick of their "trans shit".

I just think it's pretty rich that people accuse me of being delusional (and worse) and then go on the warpath towards teenagers like Brianna. As though that's normal and righteous behaviour? I mean, surely you must sometimes step back and think "hmm I'm a bit of a cunt sometimes". But maybe not...

by Anonymousreply 53December 21, 2023 9:53 PM

[I don't think trans people magically become another sex biologically, but I do believe some people suffer from genuine gender dysphoria and the only way to ease that is for them to transition. I believe they should be supported and not told they're insane and that people are sick of their "trans shit".]

People are free to transition if that makes them happy but they absolutely do not have the right to demand or expect others to accept them, this is not supporting trans people instead its deliberate manipulation by forcing your beliefs on others.

The trans agenda has so far managed to change language, remove the word woman from breastfeeding sites, medical journals and articles specific to women (athletes who menstruate) by denying the reality of sex based rights. Their regressive views on make and female roles are destroying future gays.

by Anonymousreply 54December 21, 2023 10:58 PM

[quote] Most killers don't seem to give a damn who they're getting to kill as long as they get to finish.

Hmmm.... really? What exactly are you basing this on R36?

by Anonymousreply 55December 22, 2023 12:31 AM

R54 But I don't think it's a case of simply "not accepting" trans people's beliefs about themselves, I'm talking about people (of which there are plenty in this topic) who want to go out of their way to be openly disrespectful and plain abusive to trans people.

And don't pretend to care about gay people when those such as yourself use transphobic rhetoric that mirrors homophobic rhetoric. Some gay people can't see it, but many of us can. You're not our friends, you're not doing this for us. Take your faux concern for gay people where someone might believe it.

by Anonymousreply 56December 22, 2023 7:48 AM

The idiot at r56 reminds me of all the trans activists who were practically jumping for joy when it was revealed that Brianna was trans because they thought they finally had their great trans martyr whose horrible death they could exploit to promote their ideology and silence everyone else. Even now they're ignoring all the actual facts about what happened to Brianna and trying to twist everything to claim this is a "trans hate crime", even though the judge and police said there was no evidence of that.

by Anonymousreply 57December 22, 2023 9:55 AM

What exactly is "genuine gender dysphoria", r53? Is it a mental health issue?

by Anonymousreply 58December 22, 2023 9:58 AM

R57 I wasn't jumping for joy at the brutal murder of a teenager. What a bizarre thing to say. I didn't even know Brianna was trans at first, as the initial news reports made no reference to that. I didn't say it was a "trans hate crime" either. I referenced transphobic messages that the murderers exchanged, but I didn't say they killed her because she was trans. It's been well publicised that they had a list of targets and the others on the list weren't trans to our knowledge. You just invent things because you find it easier to argue against fiction.

R58 The NHS definition is as follows: "Gender dysphoria is a term that describes a sense of unease that a person may have because of a mismatch between their biological sex and their gender identity." You're able to Google as well as I can.

by Anonymousreply 59December 22, 2023 10:50 AM

The NHS definition is a bit circular, since you have to accept that 'gender identity' is a thing before you define 'gender dysphoria', when they are really the same thing or at least part of the same bundle of issues/beliefs. People only differentiate 'gender identity' from 'biological sex' because they have issues to begin with. The vast majority of people simply don't do this (even the ones who parrot 'identify as' terminology).

by Anonymousreply 60December 22, 2023 11:07 AM

R59, I never said you were jumping for joy at Brianna's murder - I said you reminded me of the trans activists who were practically fist-bumping in that you're twisting this case and what I and others have said about it on this thread to advance your demand, i.e. that we should not refer to a male person as "he".

The NHS definition doesn't really explain much. Neither can you explain what "gender dysphoria" is, which is why you pointed to the vague, say-nothing NHS definition. Since you believe in "genuine gender dysphoria", can you explain what its cause is?

Brianna's case is in fact an example of how wrong the "gender affirmation" model is for children and teens. Thankfully it's almost been abandoned in England. This is a case of a child with multiple anxiety and mental health issues, including self-harm. The trans activists would have wanted Brett/Briana on puberty blockers and surgery asap, but with such a range of issues, exploratory therapy to uncover and treat the cause of these health issues would have to be done first, however hard the trans activists are fighting against that.

By the way, there weren't "transphobic messages" between the two murderers. There was one message from Boy Y about "how will it sound when it screams", and that was it. For the most part, they were accepting of Brianna's trans identity and calling him "she". Girl X, who seems to have been the mastermind, was in particular supportive of Brianna being trans.

by Anonymousreply 61December 22, 2023 11:12 AM

R61 I think it's shitty to continually refer to someone you know is trans by their former gender. I didn't say you must stop or demand you be banned or anything extreme, though. I just gave my viewpoint - same as you have. If it's okay for you to state your opinion then it's okay for me to share mine.

I pointed to a definition from the NHS because they can explain it better than I can. I've never experienced gender dysphoria, so I'm not best placed to explain the ins and outs of it, but I believe it exists. And I don't believe people just make it up. I mean, why would someone choose to be subjected to all the prejudice that comes with it?

I don't think it's been abandoned in England anyway. Not from the many messages from teachers posted since the government issued its guidance. Emphasis on guidance; it's not legally binding, it's just the Tory government grasping at anything in their desperation to not get completely drubbed in the next general election. Same with their shitty unworkable Rwanda plan.

There were transphobic messages. You've misquoted one - it was: "I want to see if it will scream like a man or a girl." There was also: “Is it a femboy or a tranny?” and “Really all I want to see is what size dick it had" and many more references to "it" which is dehumanising. I mean, if you want to defend messages like those, go right ahead, but I think it says a lot about you.

by Anonymousreply 62December 22, 2023 1:02 PM

Oh R42, you filled this thread up so much with your trans hate typing, that there was no room for me. Get well soon, hugs and kisses.

by Anonymousreply 63December 22, 2023 4:04 PM

The gruesome twosome now identified

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64February 2, 2024 11:11 AM

Kyle Ratcliffe, Eddie Ratcliffe's (Boy Y) father appeared in court last week on charges of "making an indecent picture of a child and twice exposing himself" in late November.

[quote]Kyle Ratcliffe, from Imperial Drive, Leigh, appeared before Manchester justices charged with taking an indecent photograph/pseudo-photograph of a child, and with indecent exposure on both November 22 and 23.

[quote]He has yet to enter pleas and the case was adjourned until February 23 when he makes a first appearance before a Manchester Crown Court judge.

[quote]Until then Ratcliffe is remanded in custody.

People are so fucked up.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 2, 2024 11:17 AM

I'd actually been browsing through the Instagram and Facebook accounts of and Kyle Ratcliffe (his kickboxing gym, Rekkr Kickboxing) and Alice Hemmings - the parents of Eddie Ratcliffe - just a couple of days ago but they've now been deleted or are unavailable. Should have taken some screenshots.

This is Alice Hemmings' website, still up at the time of posting.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66February 2, 2024 11:22 AM

I missed r62's response to me. In everything that went down, Eddie Ratcliffe only made two stupid comments about Brianna being trans-identified, which are the least of the shit he did. It's fucking hilarious that people like you are rushing to find something "transphobic" in all this that you magnify one or two comments made by a stupid 15-year-old boy and in your glee that you found a "gotcha" moment almost completely ignore the fact that Ratcliffe is a cold-blooded murderer. For you, the worst thing he did to Brianna was say "I want to hear how it squeals", not the fact that he murdered him. You also overlook the fact that in every other way Eddie was totally accepting of Brianna's trans identity and that Scarlett - the mastermind - was very pro the whole trans thing.

by Anonymousreply 67February 2, 2024 11:27 AM

I don't know what I was expecting but they don't look how I thought they would look. It underlines how you just never really know who or what someone is.

by Anonymousreply 68February 2, 2024 12:33 PM

What do you think of Jenkinson admitting to actively participating in killing Brianna - after Jenkinson was convicted? She claims a few things (see the Guardian article). Jenkinson is also reported to have claimed to have killed more than one person before, for which there's no evidence. Plus there's no forensic evidence linking Jenkinson to the Brianna murder - no spots of blood on her and no forensic evidence linking her to the weapon whereas the boy had a ton of both. Jenkinson clearly the director it seems but likes to pretend that she got her hands dirty as such when she didn't really?

by Anonymousreply 69February 2, 2024 12:49 PM

She's obviously not right in the head, r69, and appears to be a fantasist who lives in a disturbed world in her head. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some dodgy stuff going on in her family, as there is with Ratcliffe's.

Not an excuse for murder or being an accomplice to murder, though.

Also from the Guardian article:

[quote]Though Ratcliffe was diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder after his arrest, and Jenkinson with “traits” of autism and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, both were “quite high-functioning”, said Evans. “I think that’s brought a level of arrogance or certainly confidence,” he added, describing them as “two warped individuals”.

Also from the Guardian article:

[quote]Both killers had relatively stable home lives, with their parents sitting in the courtroom during the trial

Uhm, Eddie's father exposes himself to little kids and mocks up pervy pictures of them. Hardly stable or supportive.

by Anonymousreply 70February 2, 2024 2:10 PM

Justice Yip alluded to the situation with Eddie's dad on 21 December when she gave her ruling on the reporting restrictions:

[quote]I have also seen a short email from Rebecca Howarth, Y’s youth offending team worker. That email contains information relating to Y’s family which has been shared on a confidential basis. My understanding is that the information within that communication may not yet have been shared with Y. For today’s purposes, I am prepared to treat it as confidential. In doing so, I make it clear that I have not relied upon this piece of evidence in reaching my decision. Had I done so, I am not persuaded that confidentiality could be maintained. I believe that those working with X will need to be aware that this information is likely to emerge into the public domain in due course and to manage that situation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71February 2, 2024 2:15 PM

Scarlett got 22 years and Eddie got 20 years. I wonder why she got more when she apparently didn't wield the murder weapon.

by Anonymousreply 72February 2, 2024 2:29 PM

Only 9 comments in the hours since the verdict. Unusually quiet for a DL thread involving a trans person. How curious. I would have thought we’d be 400 comments deep by now. Guess this particular story doesn’t appeal to the typical anti trans obsessed DL poster 🤷🏻‍♂️.

It’s terrible to read over what happened to this person, and that they were selected for targeting for being trans. RIP and I hope her family feel some Justice today.

by Anonymousreply 73February 2, 2024 6:03 PM

R72, Scarlett had planned it all since she was 15. What revolting pieces of shite they both are.

by Anonymousreply 74February 2, 2024 6:20 PM

"They" (are you misgendering, r73?) weren't selected and killed for being trans, r73. Stop lying, twisting and manipulating. The disturbed little killers were considering other potential victims too but Brianna just happened to be the one that agreed to meet up with them. They also didn't kill Brianna for being trans either. They killed because they are weird fucks who just wanted to kill. Scarlett in particular fantasised about killing people.

by Anonymousreply 75February 2, 2024 6:58 PM

I don't particularly understand the sentencing logic, r74, but their sentences are the minimum that they should serve and there seems to be a logic of not allowing them to be released until they have realised that what they did was wrong and they won't do it again.

by Anonymousreply 76February 2, 2024 7:01 PM

Whoever is tagging me I have you blocked from previous threads (lol I wonder why?) so don’t waste your time, presumably denying that there was any anti trans sentiment in the murderers motives.

I’ve seen this play out before in Matthew Shepard threads “it wasn’t homophobic there’s no explicit evidence”.

“ Ratcliffe met Brianna for the first time on the day of the murder. While planning the killing, he repeatedly referred to her not as “she”, but “it” and said he “just wanted to see what size dick it has”.”

“ “I’m obsessed over someone I know but don’t have feelings for them … She’s called Brianna … I don’t know how to explain. Also she has a dick lol,” she wrote to Ratcliffe on 15 December 2022. He was intrigued, suggesting she found Brianna interesting “because the majority of people aren’t trans, it’s like going to a funeral and one person wears pink. You are going to be fascinated by their difference”.”

These disturbing comments indicate that Brianna was selected for this crime in a major part because she was trans.

by Anonymousreply 77February 2, 2024 7:10 PM

Oh fuck off r77, the police said there was no hate crime and they weren't charged with a hate crime. The Crown Prosecution Service tried to politicise the whole thing and pressured the judge to mention transphobia - which she did, but also immediately said it was cancelled out by the fact that Eddie is autistic.

Even if Eddie was "transphobic" that's not the reason why he murdered Brianna. Yes, Scarlett had an obsessive crush on Brianna (and Scarlett is a straight girl) - why would having a crush make you kill someone? These kids were fucked in the head - that's why they killed Brianna. If it wasn't Brianna it would have been one of the others they had on their target list. Fifteen year old kids talk in that kind of way even if they are not killers - it's just part of being a stupid teen trying to show off.

Just be honest, you couldn't give a shit about Brianna - you just want to exploit his death to push for male rapists in women's prisons and the suchlike. When you show any concern for the women who are killed each day by misogynistic men solely because they are women then I'll believe you care about Brianna.

I don't believe Brianna was a girl, I don't believe humans can change sex, I don't believe kids should be given puberty blockers. I oppose everything about trans ideology. That doesn't mean I'm "phobic" or an enabler of violence. What I do believe is that there are many teens these days with serious mental health issues, such as Scarlett and Eddie as well as Brianna, and they need proper attention and the appropriate therapy. If the schools that are so happy to trans confused, messed-up teens instead paid attention to what kids' actual emotional needs are then perhaps Scarlett and Eddie wouldn't have ended up as murderers.

by Anonymousreply 78February 2, 2024 7:24 PM

Like I said weirdo, you’re blocked so idk why you keep bothering. Go back to Reddit where you belong.

by Anonymousreply 79February 2, 2024 7:32 PM

" and was obsessed with his/her appearance."

Good for her!

She probably wanted to look more Norwegian/Estonian/Russian/Italian instead of ending up looking like you HORSE 🐴 FACED BRITISH FRAUS.

by Anonymousreply 80February 2, 2024 7:56 PM

" but I personally don't give a shit about your opinion."

You certainly have a lot of nerve assuming we're here so you like or give a shit about our comments.

Make no mistake troll, we're here TO CORRECT YOUR BELIEFS AND ATTITUDE, HATE MONGER

by Anonymousreply 81February 2, 2024 8:01 PM

When I was a teenager I found a group online that I thought I belonged to. Boys who didn't fit comfortably with the world, not masculine, who felt empty and strange. It was only a bit later it became apparent they wanted to groom me though I didn't have the language to think it at the time.

I wonder if something like that happened to Brianna. Someone with the hallmarks of a homosexual boy, who spent alot of time online, who dressed provocatively in thigh high socks. I can't know, nobody can. Whoever Brianna was they were loved.

by Anonymousreply 82February 3, 2024 1:33 PM

I think there's a possibility, r82. There was clearly some unhealthy online activity going on. Just look at the profile for Brianna's Instagram "beauty account" and the "bimbo doll" story highlights. That kind of stuff isn't healthy for a 16-year-old girl, let alone a 16-year-old boy who's obviously having issues with gender and sexuality.

Of course Muriel would have to go and pull the detransitioner thread!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 3, 2024 2:28 PM

Yep R83. We saw that coming when the insane troons kept shrieking in all caps about women should stick a dildo up their ass and go cook for their husbands. Oh well, their time is coming, people are getting sick of this shit and now that it's increasingly being shown that transing kids is a bad idea, people are stepping away from it.

by Anonymousreply 84February 3, 2024 2:37 PM

Brianna's aesthetic looks a lot like Japanese anime / manga hentai. My guess is that she was sexually into that.

by Anonymousreply 85February 3, 2024 2:38 PM

Brianna was 16 and probably had very little experience of sex, let alone knowing enough about sex to be into any particular stuff sexually. These ideas entered Brianna's head from somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 86February 3, 2024 2:44 PM

R86 I knew boys who were big into sex from the age of 9/10. And then you have to bear in mind that Brianna grew up with access to the internet. It's nonsensical that you think a 16 year old biological male wouldn't be into sex.

by Anonymousreply 87February 3, 2024 2:53 PM

The internet isn't "sexual experience", r87. It's as, r82 said, more a sign of online grooming.

by Anonymousreply 88February 3, 2024 3:08 PM

R88 No, I meant in that you can access tons of porn without even being directly groomed by someone. Just exploring porn and following what your sexual interests are.

It sounds as if you're projecting your own experience onto Ghey when it isn't even the most plausible explanation.

by Anonymousreply 89February 3, 2024 3:45 PM

Once again the insane cunts who think they are the center of the world keep trying to discuss transgenderism without acknowledging GENDER DYSPHORIA and the fact that they've never experienced it.

It's like having a bunch of heterosexual evangelicals SWEARING that they are the ones most equipped to discuss homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 90February 4, 2024 12:14 AM

What is "gender dysphoria", r90?

by Anonymousreply 91February 4, 2024 12:16 AM

"It's like having a bunch of heterosexual evangelicals SWEARING that they are the ones most equipped to discuss homosexuality." - More like a bunch of biological men claiming that they are equipped in any way at all to discuss what it means to be a woman. And, what's more, to tell actual women to shut up and not talk about what it's actually like to be a woman.

by Anonymousreply 92February 4, 2024 12:18 AM

I'm not google R91.

Big fail R92 not every trans person is a trans woman, and gay men also aren't women, that doesn't mean we don't understand what is like to suck cock, or that we aren't sexually attracted to men REGARDLESS of what biological determinists say.

As every 21st century person sees there's more to people than genitals.

by Anonymousreply 93February 4, 2024 12:23 AM

Brianna's mother interviewed on the BBC today. Starts by saying how Brianna loved likes on social media, then later says under 16s shouldn't be allowed on social media.

She also says that Brianna was accessing pro anorexia websites and self harm sites which they found out about after the murder.

by Anonymousreply 94February 4, 2024 8:23 AM

Poor kid, r94. So many kids suffering these days. Adolescence has always been a bitch, then add social media and it's a horrific mental health strain.

by Anonymousreply 95February 4, 2024 11:45 AM

Not to excuse the two murdering brats, but I wonder how the lockdown affected them. Not only was Scarlet a deep fantasist, but being locked up at home with the world outside shut down could only have exacerbated her twisted fantasy world.

by Anonymousreply 96February 4, 2024 11:47 AM

When an adolescent claims to be trans, r94, that's a clear sign right there that there are some deep, underlying issues. But everyone is too busy "affirming" to ask the questions that need to be asked.

by Anonymousreply 97February 4, 2024 12:30 PM

Banning under 16s from social media sounds very unworkable. Under 16s will just find ways around it and besides Scarlett was using the dark web and non-social media to get her fix anyway (if you believe what she says).

by Anonymousreply 98February 4, 2024 1:10 PM

[quote]That kind of stuff isn't healthy for a 16-year-old girl, let alone a 16-year-old boy who's obviously having issues with gender and sexuality.

Look at the way Brianna was dressed here, which appears to be at school. That skirt is way too short for a 16-year-old kid to wear outside the house, boy or girl.

The Internet is getting kids so fucked up. Pedos must love it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99February 4, 2024 1:14 PM

But especially boy R99.

by Anonymousreply 100February 4, 2024 1:18 PM

[quote]Look at the way Brianna was dressed here, which appears to be at school. That skirt is way too short for a 16-year-old kid to wear outside the house, boy or girl.

There is no way a girl would be allowed to dress like that at school in Britain but a boy who identifies as a girl, absolutely. It's essentially a drag performance.

I don't think it was Germaine Green but I remember someone else ranting about Emma Bunton/Baby Spice's behaviour when the Spice Girls started, a young woman styled as a little girl, passive poses, head tilting, sucking lollipops etc. This is the same thing

by Anonymousreply 101February 4, 2024 1:53 PM

Greer not Green obvs

by Anonymousreply 102February 4, 2024 1:55 PM

Killing that poor woman was LITERAL VIOLENCE!

by Anonymousreply 103February 4, 2024 2:00 PM

R67 I was R62 and I'm just catching up on this thread now. I suspect you've read/heard the judge's sentencing comments now that confirm - in her opinion - that there was a transphobic element to the killing. Some extracts:

[quote]Your messages about Brianna were transphobic. You consistently referred to her in a way that was dehumanising, calling her “it”. You also described her as a “femboy thing”. When discussing killing Brianna, you agreed with Scarlett that she would be the easiest victim and said “and I want to see if it will scream like a man or a girl.” After the failed attempt on 28 January and in answer to Scarlett expressing her desire to see Brianna suffering, you said “Really all I wanted is to see what size dick it had”.

[quote]I have taken account of the brutality of the killing and the use of the knife when assessing the starting point. I have also built in the sadistic motive and the transphobic hostility.

That notwithstanding, I have never expressed any "glee" at there being a transphobic element to the killing, I just refuted your point that there was none. You raised the subject, not me. You also say: "in every other way Eddie was totally accepting of Brianna's trans identity" what evidence is there of that? And how can that be the case, given the judge's comments above?

For the avoidance of doubt, I think this was a tragic and senseless killing and I had no desire to turn this into an argument about transphobia. I wouldn't have even raised it if you hadn't taken the decision to refer to a dead trans teenager as "he". You made this political and an effort to score political points, not me. So don't try to place the blame on my shoulders.

by Anonymousreply 104February 5, 2024 10:42 AM

R104, I suspect you didn't read my post at r78, where I pointed out that the judge had mentioned "transphobia", but only because the politicised Crown Prosecution Service had put pressure on her to do so. In fact, the CPS rep came out and made a whole big deal about the mention of "transphobia", but she didn't mention the justice's full reasoning, which was that any potential aggravating (and only aggravating, not prime motive) element of "transphobia" was cancelled out by Eddie Ratcliffe's autism.

The police found no evidence of a hate crime and there was no charge of a hate crime, so the CPS can shut the fuck up.

There were plenty of instances when Eddie Ratcliffe referred to Brianna as "she", so using the stupid pronouns doesn't mean anything. Moreover, Eddie did not kill Brianna Ghey because of transphobia.

Brianna Ghey was a boy, not a girl. Go fuck yourself with trying to police my language. Listen to what Brianna's mother is saying - her child was a very messed up individual. From what we know, Brianna's "gender identity" was "affirmed" in every aspect - from home, to school, to the friends' circle. Yet, he was still suffering from anxiety, severe mental health issues, suicidal thoughts, was self-harming, had somewhat problematic behaviour. And, no, that isn't because he was "a girl inside" and just needed to transition and then everything would be fine. It was more likely for some of the reasons given above, which are in fact more to do with being gay than anything else. But, sure, if you want to convert gay boys into girls, go for it.

However, if instead of all rushing to "affirm" and then perhaps even start on garbage like puberty blockers, hormones and surgery, the school primarily and whichever mental health professionals were involved (Esther Ghey was doing her best, it's not her fault) someone had understood that the trans identity - especially in the sexualised way in which Brianna was acting it out - was a symptom of deeper issues, then Brianna could have been helped better.

Unfortunately, Brianna's life was cut short, but there are many other Bretts/Briannas out there who need to be guided to understand that they can feel ok in their own body, that they don't need to disassociate from it or try to change it.

I suspect that in the long run, as more is understood about Brett/Brianna, this incident will lead to a more open public debate about mental health issues and trans identities in youth - rather than being the jackpot hate crime that the trans activists and people like you were hoping for.

by Anonymousreply 105February 5, 2024 1:21 PM

R105 There's no evidence the CPS applied any such pressure. You can't seriously think that a judge as distinguished as Mrs Justice Yip would say something she felt were both untrue and in contrary to the evidence her court had heard.

Her comments were clearly in line with the evidence and were well thought through. She didn't just make vague references to transphobia; she quoted specific examples of Radcliffe's communications. No doubt to refute anyone who would deny such things, yet you still continue to do so.

I'm not trying to police your language. I've given my opinion on some of the things you've said, but at no point have I demanded you be punished for saying them. On the contrary, say what you like, but don't be surprised if others comment on what you say. That's what a discussion forum is for and you clearly disagree with me.

I think my main issue is that most of your post above is opinion based, rather than fact. It's the classic "she said she was trans because she had mental health issues", rather than the reverse. It's similar to homophobia I've heard many times in the past. For example: "being gay is a sad life; look at how many have mental health problems". People can't seem to understand that maybe society's lack of acceptance leads to mental health issues, not people's sexual orientation or gender identity.

I've listened to Brianna's mother speak. She seemed to care deeply about Brianna, whereas you paint an image of a mother who didn't care and just wanted to "affirm" her.

by Anonymousreply 106February 5, 2024 3:48 PM

Actually r106 I said "Esther Ghey was doing her best, it's not her fault".

Yes, the CPS made a big statement about "transphobia" while the judge - knowing that there was a great deal of interest on this subject - said transphobia may have been an aggravating factor but also that all aggravating factors were cancelled out by Eddie's autism.

by Anonymousreply 107February 5, 2024 5:57 PM

Is anyone really arguing that a boy dressing in a micro mini and thigh highs for school is a good idea? Come on.

by Anonymousreply 108February 5, 2024 6:19 PM

By the way, r106, you know who's never mentioned transphobia? Esther Ghey.

by Anonymousreply 109February 5, 2024 6:29 PM

[quote]all aggravating factors were cancelled out by Eddie's autism.

Does autism make you more likely to kill someone? Or blindly follow what someone tells you to do? I'm just wondering what that's about.

by Anonymousreply 110February 5, 2024 6:55 PM

Scarlett Jenkinson's family released a statement:

“All of our thoughts are for Brianna and her family. The last 12 months have been beyond our worst nightmares as we have come to realise the brutal truth of Scarlett’s actions. We agree with the jury’s verdict, the judge’s sentence, and the decision to name the culprits.

It goes on to say that the family’s lives are “in turmoil,” but that their “immediate focus is to make sure that we don’t do anything against the wishes of Brianna’s family.” The statement also explained that they have set up an email address to coordinate media enquiries. They asked that journalists don’t contact the family directly.

“We offer our sincere thanks to Esther Ghey for her incredible selflessness and empathy towards our family,” the statement then said. “Her compassion is overwhelming and we are forever grateful.

Jenkinson’s family also apologised “To all of Brianna’s family and friends, our community, and everyone else that has been affected by this horror.” They added, “We are truly sorry.”

by Anonymousreply 111February 5, 2024 6:58 PM

R109 Maybe because the judge and Police have, so she felt no need to.

Or perhaps because she doesn't want to expose herself to the more vocal gender critical activists? From reading some of their discourse on Twitter, I certainly wouldn't blame her if that were the case.

by Anonymousreply 112February 5, 2024 7:03 PM

Great posting R106.

Whoever is trying to somehow draw a conclusion that autistic people cannot be transphobic needs to go back to school so they can understand basic logic.

[quote] After his arrest, Ratcliffe was diagnosed with autism and the judge accepted that his social skills were “not as developed as most people of your age”. But she said “Your autism cannot provide any real excuse for the offence”.

The judge also acknowledged that the autism diagnosis does not provide excuse for the offense, immediately after describing how he was transphobic, therefore this “the judge said he’s not transphobic bc autism” is just more lies on behalf of that very bizarre and hateful commenter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 5, 2024 7:07 PM

R113 Thanks. And yeah, I didn't bother dignifying that aspect of said post with a response. Generally these people expose themselves on their own.

by Anonymousreply 114February 5, 2024 7:27 PM

The police never mentioned transphobia, r112, and they specifically said that this wasn't a hate crime motivated by transphobia. That's also why this was never charged as a hate crime.

Esther Ghey has been talking quite a bit of about Brianna's very bad state of mental health, relating it to his online activity. She also wants to campaign around youth and mindfulness. She was very aware of what Brianna's issues were and she's a brave and fearless woman, she wouldn't be afraid to speak out because of "GCs". She's clearly aware that Brett taking on a trans identity (which he only did in the last 6 months of his life) was a manifestation of his broader mental health issues. She obviously doesn't believe, for example, that Brett's anxiety or suicidal tendencies were because he was trans, but that the trans identity was a symptom of his mental health issues. She talks about his online activity and how that exacerbated his problems - and we've seen his Instagram accounts.

And fuck you, for calling me "hateful", r113, simply because I don't want to pretend that Brianna was a girl and because I think it's appalling that some people are trying to politicise this murder. The Guardian, example. I'd advise you to read the judge's actual words, rather than the cherry-picked quote in the TRA-riddled Guardian, because immediately after what you quoted, the judge said:

[quote]I do though recognise that some downwards adjustment is required in balancing against the aggravating factors to reflect that you are less mature than many others within the 15-16 age category and that your thinking skills are less developed in several areas.

Eddie's mental state is part of the reason why he got a lower sentence than Scarlett, even though he did most of the physical act of killing. Eddie didn't kill Brianna because Brianna identified as trans. It's actually notable that even the usual TRA suspects have toned down their attempt to exploit this murder, so it's questionable why you still are.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115February 6, 2024 10:56 AM

R115 It sounds like you're projecting a lot of your views on to Esther Ghey. Just because those are your views doesn't mean Esther Ghey shares them. It seems to be a blind spot where you're concerned, though.

Once again you accuse others of politicising Brianna's murder while you're here repeatedly referring to Brianna as "he"* (despite the judge, police, media and Brianna's parents referring to Brianna as "she") and using the whole thing to push your gender critical views - as evidenced by your repetitive lengthy posts. You might as well say: "See, I'm right to be gender critical, Brianna Ghey is a great example!" So how you can accuse others of politicising this sad and senseless murder is beyond me.

*I feel I have to say that you are free to refer to Brianna as you wish, I am merely commenting on what you've said (lest I get told off and sworn at for supposedly policing language).

by Anonymousreply 116February 6, 2024 3:45 PM

Sorry to address a non-trans issue with this case, but the murderer girl, Scarlett, has a misshapen head, at least in this photo. And I noticed in others, she often swept her hair to one side, perhaps to disguise the bulge on one side that doesn't match the other.

I've always been intrigued by the weird eyes that many serial killers have, which can suggest something wrong in the brain, so I wonder if this is the case with her.

I'm not using it to excuse what she did - if anything, she's more likely to re-offend if it's an actual brain abnormality than if it's just a psychological issue, so more reason to keep her locked up forever.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117February 7, 2024 12:53 AM

British fraus R99 AND R108 why don't you go fuck yourselves please?

For "feminists" you do a GREAT JOB of being old moralistic hypocrite cunts.

The way she was dressed is NOT A RELEVANT detail and has nothing to do with the crime.

Plus, I used to see private school girls dressed with skirts shorter than that in Canada during the late 2000s.

So fuck off with your anti-lgbttq propaganda, you dry pussy nasty cunts.

by Anonymousreply 118February 15, 2024 10:08 PM

"The father of the teenage boy who murdered Brianna Ghey has been jailed for 15 months for sexual offences against teenage girls.

Kyle Ratcliffe, 36, the father of Eddie Ratcliffe, who is serving life along with Scarlett Jenkinson, both aged 16, was described as a risk to girls during sentencing at sentenced at Manchester Crown Court on Wednesday.

Ratcliffe admitted two offences of exposure in November last year involving two 16-year-old girls at a bus stop. The offences were committed shortly before his son went on trial.

He also pleaded guilty to taking an indecent photo of a pre-pubescent girl by covertly recording video of her in a changing room in August last year.

Jailing him and ordering that he must be placed on the sex offenders’ register for 10 years, Judge John Potter said the prosecution and conviction of Ratcliffe‘s son for murder was not “in any way” mitigation for the offending.

Judge Potter said: “This is not the first time in your life you have harmed others in this way.

“The offences on this indictment coupled with your previous convictions make it quite clear that you have a sexual attraction towards female children and teenagers whom you objectivise for the purpose of your own sexual gratification.

“This, Mr Ratcliffe, has potential to cause very serious harm and portrays you, in my judgment, as currently presenting a significant risk to such individuals.”

by Anonymousreply 119February 29, 2024 5:19 PM

Interesting developments for the inquest into Brianna's murder. The school both Brianna and Scarlett went to is going to be examined, along with the question of just why Scarlett was sent to that school. Brianna's online contacts with GenderGP, a dodgy online outfit that provides hormones and other things to young people, and the gender identity development service at the now discredited Tavistock clinic in London, will also be investigated.

[quote]The school transfer of a girl who went on to murder her classmate Brianna Ghey will be scrutinised at the inquest into her death, a court has heard.

[quote]Ms Devonish [the coroner] said the inquest would look into "matters around safeguarding" and "how it is Brianna was brought into contact with Scarlett Jenkinson and Eddie Ratcliffe".

[quote]"In my view, that's the starting point, and we know that the schools will have information around that, and that's where we are going with this investigation," she said.

[quote]The coroner said she wold examine whether it could "reasonably have been foreseen that Brianna might have been placed at risk in the inclusion room with Scarlett Jenkinson".

[quote]"Whether Birchwood High School was appropriately placed to manage Brianna and Scarlett Jenkinson together in light of their histories and safeguarding considerations."

[quote]Ms Devonish said the inquest will examine the "appropriateness or thoroughness" of the decision around the school transfer, along with Brianna's behaviour and mental health.

[quote]The coroner also said she will also examine whether Brianna was appropriately supported by relevant agencies involved with supporting people with issues of gender, eating disorders and mental health.

[quote]Agencies named at the hearing included the Gender GP counselling service and the Gender Identity Development Service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 12, 2024 10:33 AM

So much more coming out re: harms of cross sex hormones, physically and mentally. Now, surprisingly, from WP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121April 21, 2024 3:32 PM

Shame no one spoke out in time for this child, RIP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 21, 2024 10:20 PM

Brianna had only spent 6 months in her female identity before the disastrous meetup with her murderers.

I want to find out about her time as a boy to get a better read on her personality - not sure why I care, but I do. But there's nothing. Other than I think her family (dad's side?) was still referring to her as a him, after the stabbing.

by Anonymousreply 123April 21, 2024 11:13 PM

Brianna's mum, Esther Ghey, sounds like she could have written the Cass Report.

by Anonymousreply 124April 22, 2024 12:47 AM

Time to shut down this dumb thread, what dumbfuck 121 wrote has NOTHING to do with the murder and is irrelevant to the case.

by Anonymousreply 125April 26, 2024 8:41 AM

R125 is unaware that the inquest has been expanded to look at Brianna's online activities and his interactions with trans groups. He's also unaware that Brianna's mum is the one who has raised the issue of his mental health and wants a ban on children under 16 having mobile phones because it causes them harm.

[quote]Brianna was described as an anxious and vulnerable teenager, with Ms Ghey believing this was partly because she spent a lot of time on her phone.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126April 26, 2024 8:48 AM

For r125:

[quote]The coroner also said she will also examine whether Brianna was appropriately supported by relevant agencies involved with supporting people with issues of gender, eating disorders and mental health.

[quote]Agencies named at the hearing included the Gender GP counselling service and the Gender Identity Development Service.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 26, 2024 8:49 AM

Idiot dyke radfem 126/127 everything that you wrote is absolutely IRRELEVANT to the fact that SHE was murdered by two deranged psychopaths.

Only an autistic unhinged cunt like you would be concerned about "cross sex hormones" in a thread dedicated to discussing a murder trial.

by Anonymousreply 128April 26, 2024 9:01 AM

Homophobic misogynist troon at r128, the inquest into Brianna's murder is looking into his contacts with trans groups online and how that affected his mental health. If the coroner sees relevance in that, then that means it is relevant. Why shouldn't the thread discuss these various issues, especially if Brianna's own mother thinks they are pertinent? Besides, the one thing we do know about his murder is that it wasn't because he identified as trans for just a few months.

by Anonymousreply 129April 26, 2024 9:12 AM

Because the thread ISN'T about her life, it's about her DEATH, the event that caused her death: her murder.

Lesbian 'tard troll it's ironic to see your rancid pussy yapping about being online affecting transgenders' mental health; because reading all this radfem crap that you found on the web CLEARLY AFFECTED YOURS.

You want to, like a typical anti-lgbttq loon divert the attention from her nasty murderers to a debate of whether she was sane or not.

As if that had anything to do with her being MURDERED, if being mentally unstable meant that people could just get killed like that, you'd be the first to get shot, you cheap whore.

Plus this whole pathetic narrative about how she was obviously mentally ill for being transgender is obviously nothing but trolling right wing propaganda that can EASILY BE WEAPONIZED against gay men or extremely dumb and stupid dykes like you, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 130April 26, 2024 9:20 AM

The thread can be about what we want it to be in relation to Brianna Ghey and the circumstances around "her" murder. The trans issue and how it affected "her" mental health is part of the news story, and not just from a media scandal angle but from what the coroner and Brianna's own mother are saying. Are we supposed to ignore the fact that Brianna's mother is going to parliament and talking to the prime minister and the leader of the opposition about banning under-16s from having mobile phones because Brianna's mental health was affected by "her" online activities? Are you suggesting that we ignore the findings from the inquest when they are finally published? You lot were happy to play up the trans angle when you wanted to exploit this murder as an example of "transphobia" and how "trans kids are being killed", but that didn't quite work out for you.

You just don't want us to talk about how trans groups and the way they access kids online is fucking those kids up. And spare us your supposed concern for gay men - if anything Brett/Brianna was a messed-up gay kid struggling to work out his sexuality, who was led down the garden path by insidious homophobic trans groups he encountered online.

by Anonymousreply 131April 26, 2024 9:29 AM

^^^^^^

Unhinged obsessed pathetic British troll, the TITLE of the thread already states : It's about her MURDER TRIAL, not about her transgenderism.

She wasn't sick or an evil person for having a heavily feminized brain while carrying male DNA; the same way you dumb nasty dykes aren't necessarily evil or mentally ill for being manly and ridiculously masculinized when compared to straight and bisexual women.

The whole narrative about trans girls being gay men is promoted by STUPID UNEDUCATED IDIOT fruas, it's incredibly homophobic as well, because gay men are gay men and trans women are trans women, two different groups.

You sad dykes are the ones often in confusion and completely disgusted by womenhood, but it doesn't mean that is gay dudes experience life the same way or suffer from the same confusion.

Plus the true mentally ill people you should be concerned about, division troll, are the two retarded crooks who murdered her for being trans.

Plus, I insist that this nasty useless thread should be nuked too SINCE IT WAS practically dead since February and you are the only troll constantly bumping it with your unhinged anti-trans useless rants.

by Anonymousreply 132April 26, 2024 10:59 AM

I don't get it because gender criticals say Brianna wasn't murdered for being trans, therefore her trans identity wasn't relevant to the case. But then they'll try to use the case to push their anti trans agenda.

So either it's relevant or irrelevant. They can't have it both ways.

by Anonymousreply 133April 26, 2024 12:17 PM

Brianna/Brett was murdered by two cruel sadistic teenagers who had drawn up a kill list of several boys and Brianna. The female murderer had also attacked a younger girl in a former school.

Brianna/Brett had severe mental health issues including an eating disorder. Opting out of being a boy and dressing up as a schoolgirl avatar was part of that.

Brianna/Brett wasn’t murdered *because* she/he was ‘trans’ but the killers were fascinated by it.

by Anonymousreply 134April 26, 2024 12:28 PM

By ‘it’ I mean the trans status. I wasn’t referring to Brianna/Brett as ‘it’.

by Anonymousreply 135April 26, 2024 12:30 PM

R133 no one said that Brianna's/Brett's trans identity wasn't relevant to the case - his mother and the coroner obviously think it was. Brianna wasn't killed for identifying as trans, however. Nonetheless, the trans identity was caused by bad mental health, probably issues with being gay, and the influence of online trans activists and, for some reason, all that mess is considered by both the authorities and by Brianna's mother as somehow pertinent to the issues raised by the case. The coroner who will be heading the inquest literally mentioned the influence of GenderGP and the gender identity service on Brianna.

Obviously a lot more of the background to this hideous murder will emerge over time. There was clearly a lot more going on than some WhatsApp texts between Scarlett Jenkinson and Eddie Ratcliffe. The relationship between Scarlett Jenkinson and Brianna will also be examined and, from what I understand, certain lapses in safeguarding on the part of the school (which encouraged Brianna's trans identity).

by Anonymousreply 136April 26, 2024 1:18 PM

R133 How do they use it to push an anti trans agenda?

by Anonymousreply 137April 26, 2024 2:56 PM

R137 Well, for instance, bumping this topic to raise the Cass report. Said report isn't directly related to the death of Brianna Ghey, yet this topic was specifically targeted to raise that topic.

by Anonymousreply 138April 26, 2024 3:04 PM

The inquest into Brianna's death will look exactly into the kinds of issues raised by the Cass Report, while much of what Esther Ghey says echoes Cass. The Cass Review was established to investigate youth gender identity services in England and the inquest into Brianna's death will investigate Brianna's online contacts with youth gender identity services.

"Anti-trans" is a meaningless term thrown out in an attempt to silence. It is vital that the ways in which distressed kids such as Brianna end up identifying as "trans" due to online influences - even though this often leaves them more vulnerable and with a lack of safeguarding - is investigated.

by Anonymousreply 139April 26, 2024 3:54 PM

Brianna/Brett is the typical child in distress the Cass report wrote extensively about.

Several mental health issues including severe anxiety, an eating disorder and self harm. Brett’s way of coping was to become someone else. He became Brianna. Who knows if homophobia, external and internalised, influenced the dysphoria.

by Anonymousreply 140April 26, 2024 3:57 PM

Nah, I'm not convinced. It would have been more appropriate to either start a new topic or bump another more general trans topic.

Yet this one was specifically chosen.

by Anonymousreply 141April 26, 2024 5:40 PM

"including severe anxiety, an eating disorder and self harm."

Nothing that isn't manifested by millions of cis girls around the world, YET, if they are murdered or raped these questions WILL NOT RELATE to the case and will have NO RELEVANCE when judging the perpetrator of the crime.

YET the British soulless troll who keeps bumping this troll is using her emotional/psychological issues to divert from the crime and promote the narrative that transgenders are mentally ill.

A narrative that can easily be used against gays and lesbians, or even straight fraus in comparison to straight men AKA right wing propaganda.

by Anonymousreply 142April 26, 2024 5:40 PM

Yeah, I mean, unless the Cass Report has the ability to bring Brianna back from the dead, it has no place here.

But the trans obsessed people have no shame. If they can keep trashing the memory of a murdered teenager, they will.

by Anonymousreply 143April 26, 2024 5:47 PM

Lol at these angry men who think they can dictate to us what we can or can't say.

They deliberately ignore the fact that the inquest into Brianna's death is going to look into his online contacts with trans organisations such as GenderGP and with the youth gender identity service itself (which the Cass Review was set up to investigate). And into the lack of safeguarding at his school, which encouraged his trans identity. They want us to believe that it's insignificant that Esther Ghey has met with both the prime minister and leader of the opposition to discuss banning under-16s from owning mobile phones, because Brianna's online contacts (which the coroner specifically stated were trans organisations) were fucking up his mental health.

by Anonymousreply 144April 27, 2024 1:19 PM

Eddie Ratcliffe is appealing his sentence. I wonder if his lawyers will bring up the issue of his jailed sex pest father's pedo activities as extenuating circumstances.

[quote]The father of one of Brianna Ghey’s killers has been sentenced to 15 months after pleading guilty to indecent exposure and taking an indecent image of a child.

[quote]Kyle Ratcliffe, 36, from Wigan, admitted two offences of exposure involving two 16-year-old girls at a bus stop, which were committed in November last year, shortly before his son went on trial.

[quote]He also pleaded guilty to taking an indecent photo of a prepubescent girl by covertly recording a video of her without consent in a changing room in August 2023.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145April 27, 2024 1:42 PM

R145 Not surprising he'd appeal, especially given Scarlett lead a lot of it and got a longer sentence as a result. I hope he loses his appeal, though.

Mind you, it's like baby killer Lucy Letby appealing her sentence. They mostly do it because they've got nothing to lose and it gives them something to focus on while being locked up.

by Anonymousreply 146April 27, 2024 1:57 PM

[quote]If they can keep trashing the memory of a murdered teenager, they will

Nobody is "trashing the memory" of this poor child.

by Anonymousreply 147April 27, 2024 4:31 PM

R147 You might want to have a read through this thread...

by Anonymousreply 148April 27, 2024 5:05 PM

I've read it, r148. Nowhere is Brianna being trashed.

by Anonymousreply 149April 27, 2024 5:47 PM

R149 I said her memory, not Brianna herself. Using her murder as a political punchbag is shitty no matter how you twist it.

by Anonymousreply 150April 28, 2024 11:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!