Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jewish Americans Praise President Biden for Standing with Israel

[QUOTE]"It's becoming increasingly apparent as a Jew in America that our friends really are few and far between," said an Orthodox Jew who identifies as conservative. "I would consider Biden to be a friend of Israel and Jews in America.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2024 11:25 AM

68% of American Jews back Biden over Trump

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 17, 2023 10:37 PM

Aren't Jews only like 2%-3% of the U.S. population (around 5-6 million)?

by Anonymousreply 2November 17, 2023 10:49 PM

Meanwhile, the Republicans are fully in bed with the Russians who back Hamas. They're something of a throuple.

by Anonymousreply 3November 17, 2023 10:52 PM

R2, Jews make up only 2.2% of the population. I find that shocking. I must know most of them. I've had many Jewish friends and lovers since childhood and there are more than a few in my family.

I do not understand the hate for Jews. I find them smart and delightful. Some are neurotic, yes, but that just makes them more interesting. My Jewish nephew is one of the most brilliant and ethical people I know. So was my Jewish step grandmother. I simply don't get the hate.

by Anonymousreply 4November 17, 2023 11:05 PM

You don’t understand the hate for Jews, R4? It’s as old as time itself. There’s no rational explanation for it.

by Anonymousreply 5November 17, 2023 11:28 PM

Because “kind of like us but not quite” people have always received the most irrational hatred in human history. I would include gays and lesbians as victims of that mentality. And frankly that kind of hatred fuels Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians.

by Anonymousreply 6November 17, 2023 11:35 PM

[quote]And frankly that kind of hatred fuels Israel’s treatment of the Palestinians.

All civilized people hate terrorism. There's nothing unusual or wrong with Israel's hatred of the terrorism committed by the Palestinians against the Jews, nor the necessary military actions in Gaza to prevent future terrorism.

by Anonymousreply 7November 17, 2023 11:41 PM

I don’t think he was talking about terrorism, R7.

by Anonymousreply 8November 18, 2023 4:14 PM

President Biden in new editorial: a cease-fire is not peace.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 18, 2023 11:05 PM

[quote]Even as many Democrats in Congress have called for a cease-fire and questioned the Israeli offensive, Biden has remained adamant that Israel is exercising its right to self-defense and has instead supported humanitarian pauses.

[quote]Biden said he was “heartbroken” by the thousands of civilian deaths in Gaza and blamed Hamas for using Palestinian civilians as human shields.

It's comforting that he's not going to go along with the antisemitism expressed by some in his own party.

by Anonymousreply 10November 19, 2023 12:38 AM

Joe Biden: I am a Zionist

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 28, 2023 3:57 PM

[quote]I've had many Jewish friends and lovers since childhood

Precocious.

by Anonymousreply 12November 28, 2023 4:27 PM

Biden blocks UN resolution calling for ceasefire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 21, 2024 3:45 PM

Good for Biden. Fuck Hamas and Islamist ideology

by Anonymousreply 14February 21, 2024 3:48 PM

President Biden decries the global surge of antisemitism

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 8, 2024 1:15 AM

Follow the 💵💵💵💵💵💵💰💰💰💰💰💰

by Anonymousreply 16May 8, 2024 2:05 AM

Excuse me, R16?

by Anonymousreply 17May 8, 2024 11:25 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!