Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Deacon Phillippe shows off his NYC Apartment. Jealous, bitches?

Deacon Phillippe is showing off his New York City apartment — and it’s unreal.

Deacon, 20, who’s the son of Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe, was stopped on the street by TikToker Caleb Simpson and asked to give a tour of his pad. (Simpson has made a name for himself on social media for interviewing people about their homes, including stars like Christie Brinkley.)

“Location: West Village. Occupation: Student 👨‍🎓,” the caption of the video posted via Instagram on Tuesday, November 14, read, tagging Deacon.

The video began with Simpson inquiring how much Deacon’s crib costs, to which he played coy by replying, “West Village prices, man.” The New York University student then said he has time to show off his new place “between classes.”

When Simpson walked into the apartment, he panned the camera to show a spacious two-floor set up, with a spiral staircase in the middle. “Don’t hit your head,” Deacon warned, pointing out that the staircase is “a little sketchy.”

After Deacon introduced Simpson to his two roommates, the TikToker investigated how much food the trio had in their apartment. “Not bad, actually,” he declared, showing a glimpse of the fridge which was noticeably sparse.

Deacon then led Simpson over to their “vinyl wall,” which featured several albums hanging from exposed brick. The space also included Deacon’s plant, whom he affectionately named Darryl.

For the next part of the tour, Simpson stopped by Deacon’s bedroom equipped with a keyboard next to his desk. “Studio setup,” the actor and musician explained. “I sing and play a little bit of keyboard but I mostly make music on my computer.”

After Deacon played a short sample for Simpson, the video closed with a snapshot of the bathroom. In true New York City fashion, the space was tight with a door that just barely squeaked past the side of the sink.

Deacon dropped his debut LP, titled A New Earth, in April. The album release party was attended by his parents and sister Ava Phillippe.

“Awesome night w family & friends celebrating the release of ‘A New Earth’ by @deaconphillippe !!” Ryan, 49, captioned his Instagram post at the time.

Witherspoon, 47, and Ryan were married from 1999 to 2006 and welcomed Ava and Ryan in 1999 and 2003, respectively. Following their split, Witherspoon tied the knot with ex-husband Jim Toth, whom she divorced in March. The pair share son Tennessee, 11. Ryan, meanwhile, shares daughter Kai with ex Alexis Knapp.

Deacon made his acting debut in season three of Netflix’s Never Have I Ever, which was created by one of Witherspoon’s pals, Mindy Kaling. After collaborating, Kaling, 44, gushed about working with Deacon.

“We were breaking the season and there was this role that seemed like it would be perfect for Deacon,” she explained in August 2022. “He’s obviously so talented and he’s great-looking, and we just thought he would be great and he was excited to come and do it.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2024 11:32 PM

The spiral staircase.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 15, 2023 1:43 PM

Tasteful friends, take the tour...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2November 15, 2023 1:43 PM

Double extreme Nepo-Baby.

Two celeb parents, and one is a billionaire.

Nothing to see here.

by Anonymousreply 3November 15, 2023 1:45 PM

It's a nice apartment, but it's not stupendous, given how wealthy mom is.

Spiral staircase and tiny bathroom. It's better than most people can afford, but doesn't come close to ridiculously lavish.

by Anonymousreply 4November 15, 2023 2:03 PM

[quote] It's a nice apartment, but it's not stupendous, given how wealthy mom is.

He's 20. And she bought it for HIM. It's all his.

Most 20 year olds could not afford that apartment now, or even 40 years from now.

Plus, he's only a student. What does he need that huge space for?

by Anonymousreply 5November 15, 2023 2:07 PM

He has roommates? I thought Mama Witherspoon would have bought him his own place.

by Anonymousreply 6November 15, 2023 2:16 PM

[quote]He's 20. And she bought it for HIM. It's all his.

[quote]Most 20 year olds could not afford that apartment now, or even 40 years from now.

As I said, it's not stupendous, given how wealthy mom is. Also, she bought it for him to use, not for him to own in all likelihood. When he's done with it, she'll sell it for a tidy profit.

An example of excessive would be something like this.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 15, 2023 2:32 PM

He has roommates and it’s not over the top. Looks like Ikea-type furnishings.

He’s lucky to have rich parents. With the kind of money they have, this makes sense. Having him live in a walk up in a remote part of Brooklyn would just be play-acting.

by Anonymousreply 8November 15, 2023 2:35 PM

Nice digs. Rich boy digs. Having attended Ivy schools myself, and having taught at some rich kid school, I have seen much more luxurious student apartments and houses.

by Anonymousreply 9November 15, 2023 3:26 PM

What does Deacon do with his friends, all alone together in that big apartment???

by Anonymousreply 10November 15, 2023 7:24 PM

[quote] Deacon Slammed As 'Nepo Baby' After NYC Apartment Tour

Deacon Phillippe inadvertently waded into the so-called “nepo baby” debate this week when he showed off his New York apartment on social media.

The New York University student, whose parents are actors Ryan Phillippe and Reese Witherspoon, invited TikTok personality Caleb Simpson over to his abode in a clip posted Tuesday.

Anyone expecting a cramped college dormitory was, of course, in for a surprise. The home boasts cathedral ceilings and a spiral staircase, as well as a brick wall displaying vintage vinyl. A glance at the apartment’s kitchen included a peek inside a well-stocked refrigerator.

And Phillippe ― an aspiring musician who released his debut album, “A New Earth,” in April ― can hone his craft from the comfort of his own bedroom, where he’s set up an at-home recording studio.

When Simpson asks how much he pays for rent, Phillippe shrugs.

“West Village prices, man,” he says.

Response to the video was decidedly mixed, with many accusing Phillippe of benefiting from his parents’ wealth ― according to Forbes, Witherspoon alone has a net worth of about $440 million ― when it came to his living arrangements.

“How much do you pay? The correct answer is: ask my mom and dad,” one person wrote.

“Let’s not forget that his mom and dad are wealthy celebrities. He could afford the whole place if he wanted to,” added another.

The term “nepotism babies,” often abbreviated as “nepo babies,” refers to children of actors, singers and other public figures whose professional success, typically in the realm of show business, can be broadly attributed to having famous parents.

A New York Magazine cover story published last December included “An All But Definitive Guide to the Hollywood Nepo-Verse,” and has drawn mixed responses from a host of celebrity progeny, including Kate Hudson and Ben Platt.

Despite the snark Simpson’s video received, others pointed out that Phillippe shares the apartment with roommates and, arguably, could be living in even swankier digs if he wanted to.

“People act like if they had that money they wouldn’t also be setting their children up,” one person wrote. “Perspective changes when living within your means changes.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11November 15, 2023 11:40 PM

The nepo-est nepo who ever nepo-ed.

by Anonymousreply 12November 15, 2023 11:56 PM

Yes op,all the dataloungers are very jealous bitches. When we were 20 and renting our New York apartments they were 5th floor walk-ups and we had 6 roommates. Now 20 years later we only need 4 roommates to make the monthly rent.

by Anonymousreply 13November 16, 2023 1:12 AM

She needed to gift him plastic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 14November 16, 2023 1:23 AM

His parents are rich and heyyy, this is way better investment than years of expensive rehabs which most of his nepo peers are probably in. Apartment looks great, he has roommates, he’s studying and looks pretty wholesome and together, what’s a parent not to like? If I had money like that, and a good kid like that, I would buy him an apartment too. The dorms at NYU suck

by Anonymousreply 15November 16, 2023 1:26 AM

He’s not cute. In fact he’s odd looking. But he’s got mommy’s money so there you go.

by Anonymousreply 16November 16, 2023 1:30 AM

I’d hit it…

by Anonymousreply 17November 16, 2023 2:26 AM

Four dudes sharing. Do they have a cleaning lady?

by Anonymousreply 18March 26, 2024 11:32 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!