Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mounjaro is now approved for obesity treatment -- will be called Zepbound

The FDA has approved Eli Lily's tizerpatide for obesity treatment. It will be marketed as Zepbound for chronic weight management. The drug is already approved for type 2 diabetes, and marketed as Mounjaro. Mounjaro has gained massive popularity being prescribed off label for obesity, competing directly with Novo Nordisk's Wegovy (Ozempic).

Eli Lily's stock immediately jumped on the news of the approval.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 27, 2024 2:44 PM

I'm coming out with a new drug for obesity. It will be called GetOffYourFatAssYouFatLazyFuck. It will be much safer and effective than all the other weight loss drugs.

by Anonymousreply 1November 8, 2023 4:48 PM

Wow R1! How original!

But a life of obesity brings so much joy and fun and feels so great it’s hard to imagine that anyone wouldn’t choose to be obese anymore.

by Anonymousreply 2November 8, 2023 4:53 PM

An interesting knock on effect of these drugs, Zepbound/Mounjaro and Wegovy/Ozempic, is the potential impact they may have on the sale of junk food, fast food and alcohol. The drugs significantly decrease appetite and alcohol cravings.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3November 8, 2023 5:03 PM

REJOICE YOU FAT WHORES!

by Anonymousreply 4November 8, 2023 5:04 PM

Zepbound for the food hound!

by Anonymousreply 5November 8, 2023 5:04 PM

Dieters lost a QUARTER of their body weight in a recent study! 60 pounds on average. .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6November 8, 2023 5:09 PM

It'd be cool if these drug makers would push insurance to pay for them. When I asked my doctor about it, they said no, but I could qualify for weight loss surgery. WTF? I wasn't even that fat. So I went with an online compounding pharmacy and qualified immediately. Talk to a doctor every 3 months and pay $300 a month for a vial of semaglutide. I know people who are paying almost 2000 a month out of pocket for the real shit and have seen people pay more in reddit discussions about it. I gave my compound pharmacy Rx to my husband and now I get mine from a "research peptide" company online and mix my own and it's $75 a month. The stuff is all made in the same factory in China anyway. This shit is miraculous and really will change the world.

by Anonymousreply 7November 8, 2023 5:25 PM

But will insurance cover it?

That’s the bigger question. If it’s $1,000 a month, very few people can afford that.

by Anonymousreply 8November 8, 2023 5:25 PM

Do you know how many Whoppers one can buy for $1,000 a month?

Yes, I do want fries with that.

by Anonymousreply 9November 8, 2023 5:29 PM

R7, my dr is running her own weight loss business and gets her compounded semaglutide from a pharmacy in Florida. I’ve been taking semaglutide since January — except for 2 months when I took terzepatide (generic mounjaro). I’ve lost 40 lbs which is amazing for me because I could never lose more that 25 lbs by dieting and exercise. I kept losing that same 25 lbs.

I’m short, so 40lbs on me is a lot. Let me check the math - ok, I’ve lost 28% of the body weight I started out with. Not bad…almost 1/3 of my body weight.

It was not easy, despite the narrative that know-nothings push online. There are side effects. Fatigue, nausea, vomiting. More vomiting at first. Now I use zofran if necessary, but I usually just burp myself to release gas and that relieves nausea. You have to work your way up the dosage scale, however I’ve found (twice) that 1mg is too much for me to handle. Too much relentless abdominal pain. Yet there are people who take 2.4mg and have no side effects. I wish I were one of those people.

It’s taken me 11 months to lose the weight so it’s not a “quick” weight loss treatment. It just made it possible for me to lose more than I could before.

by Anonymousreply 10November 8, 2023 5:40 PM

I swear to God if I had the money for R&D and production, I'd mix up a low cal protein shake with electrolytes, ginger, papaya enzymes, fiber and magnesium and call it something catchy and market it to us. All of those ingredients taken each day mitigated all of the side effects

by Anonymousreply 11November 8, 2023 5:57 PM

Does it come in a pill?

by Anonymousreply 12November 8, 2023 7:39 PM

I am a fan

by Anonymousreply 13November 8, 2023 8:00 PM

[quote]Does it come in a pill?

No, that’s Jardiance. It’s the little pill with a great big story to tell.

by Anonymousreply 14November 8, 2023 8:02 PM

I think your BMI has to be 30 or over in order for most insurance companies to cover it for weight loss (at least according to my primary care doc.)

by Anonymousreply 15November 8, 2023 8:21 PM

It sounds like an action/romance starring Charlton Heston and Ava Gardner. In Cinemascope*

by Anonymousreply 16November 8, 2023 8:21 PM

R10 -is your insurance Company paying for the medication, or do you have to cover the pricetag yourself?

by Anonymousreply 17November 8, 2023 8:26 PM

No insurance doesn’t pay for compounded semaglutide. It is not FDA approved.

by Anonymousreply 18November 8, 2023 8:28 PM

R17 that is the bottom line answer I want. Is insurance going to pay for it? If not, how much is it out of pocket. None of this, personal compounder nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 19November 8, 2023 8:28 PM

More like shortcut bound.

by Anonymousreply 20November 8, 2023 8:37 PM

You can buy compounded terzepatide (mounjaro) just as easily as you can buy compounded semaglutide. It is more expensive. Most people who don’t have type 2 diabetes are taking the compounded version of these drugs because they can’t pay the price for FDA Laboratory approved version and they don’t affect the supply for diabetics.

Lots of compounding pharmacies are making it now. The FDA won’t approve anything that doesn’t one out of FDA approved labs. That’s why you pay so much for drugs. In 1990s women were buying fertility drugs from overseas at less than half the price it cost in the US. The fertility drugs were put out by same drug companies as US. But they were made in laboratories approved by their own countries, not by the US FDA.

That’s why you can’t buy low priced drugs from overseas. The FDA won’t inspect and approve their labs. So Americans are forced to buy overpriced drugs from FDA approved labs. The FDA has been in cahoots with Big Pharma for decades.

by Anonymousreply 21November 8, 2023 8:49 PM

R21 That cahooting needs to stop now! Big Pharma is a scourge and they're constantly being abetted by the FDA. What kinda bullshit is that?

by Anonymousreply 22November 8, 2023 8:52 PM

I forgot to explain the 1990s ability to buy overseas fertility drugs. Rock Hudson went to Paris and got treated with virtually useless drugs (he died shortly after). AIDS activists in the US demanded to be allowed to have access to the same drugs as Rock Hudson. So a loophole was written into FDA laws that allowed drugs to be imported from overseas. Most people didn’t know, but Hasidic Jews who worked in Europe knew about it and started buying and selling fertility drugs to Hasidim in the US. It expanded from there and pharmacies in Amsterdam were doing a big business selling fertility drugs to Americans after the internet came about and people had access to fertility messageboards.

But after more effective AIDS drugs were developed in the US, the feds closed the loophole and foreign drugs were shut down.

by Anonymousreply 23November 8, 2023 8:57 PM

I’m ok with being fat.

by Anonymousreply 24November 8, 2023 9:01 PM

R16 yeah like Moun(t) (Kiliman)jaro

by Anonymousreply 25November 8, 2023 9:20 PM

These drugs will eventually be covered by insurance once there’s enough research showing they are effective and prevent or reduce other health problems. That’s how weight loss surgery started to get approved, when there was enough research showing it basically cured type 2 diabetes in most people. There’s already research showing that Wegovy reduces the risk of heart attack in obese people who are taking it. Once more studies can show real benefits like that, insurances won’t be able to deny coverage anymore.

by Anonymousreply 26December 3, 2023 3:32 PM

My BMI isb 34.

by Anonymousreply 27December 3, 2023 3:40 PM

I'm on a 3 month plateau after losing 60lbs. I switched to tirzepatide and I'm hoping this solves it. Still want to lose 20

by Anonymousreply 28December 3, 2023 4:15 PM

Keep that devil drug AWAY from me- do you hear me?!

by Anonymousreply 29December 3, 2023 4:19 PM

Slowly but surely we're purging the fatties from the world, so cherish them while you still can. Especially the jolly ones.

by Anonymousreply 30December 3, 2023 4:23 PM

I thought these drugs basically slow down your digestive tract, i.e. you're basically full of shit longer than normal. I wouldn't think this can be healthy over time.

by Anonymousreply 31December 3, 2023 4:51 PM

It does, as you say R31, keep you full of shit longer, but for me it drastically curbs sugar and fat cravings. It’s also really helped lower my blood pressure. It’s easy for people to say “diet, exercise”, and I do, but Ozempic has made it easier to do both. It’s not the easy fix people think it is.

by Anonymousreply 32December 3, 2023 5:05 PM

Zepbound…there’s a joke in there somewhere…

by Anonymousreply 33December 3, 2023 5:10 PM

[quote]Zepbound…there’s a joke in there somewhere…

Shitbound

by Anonymousreply 34December 3, 2023 5:13 PM

Go on a sugar binge, fatsoes! —- now there’s a pill to keep you out of the grave.

by Anonymousreply 35December 3, 2023 5:14 PM

Sugar doesn't taste good on it. It's more than just slowing digestion, it does something with insulin resistance, too.

It also does something with reward center of the brain. That's why it's helping smokers, alcoholics, gambling addicts, etc. Only slowing stomach emptying wouldn't help people with those problems at all.

by Anonymousreply 36December 3, 2023 5:51 PM

R7, can you elaborate? “Research peptide” company??

by Anonymousreply 37December 3, 2023 6:13 PM

I get mine premixed in a vial from Houston--5mos/$775 with syringes and overnight shipping on a cool pack.

by Anonymousreply 38December 3, 2023 6:36 PM

[quote]It’s also really helped lower my blood pressure. It’s easy for people to say “diet, exercise”, and I do, but Ozempic has made it easier to do both. It’s not the easy fix people think it is.

r32 my question is when are they going to make a Wegovy-lite for people are not obese but need to lose weight?

I have HBP, arthritis and other issues that would likely subside greatly if I lost 20 pounds. My doctor said I am not technically overweight. I feel like I could just take a light dose of whatever the fuck this stuff is so I don't have to spend months laboring away to lose 20 pounds that would benefit my overall health.

by Anonymousreply 39December 3, 2023 6:45 PM

So many anti-obesity drugs. Have people thought about eating less calories? I lost 40 pounds that way.

by Anonymousreply 40December 3, 2023 6:53 PM

[quote]my question is when are they going to make a Wegovy-lite for people are not obese but need to lose weight?

A lot of doctors are prescribing Metformin for this purpose. It’s a very cheap, oral diabetes drug that has been around forever. Some people who don’t have a ton of weight to lose are having success with it.

by Anonymousreply 41December 3, 2023 7:03 PM

“Are you fat and fabulous?” “Not quite, but I’m Zepbound to be thin and gorgeous!”

by Anonymousreply 42December 3, 2023 8:03 PM

All these injectable drugs work on GLP-1 receptors, which exist in various parts of the body, including the pancreas, gut, and brain.

In the pancreas, the drugs stimulate insulin production, which slows gastric emptying. You stay full longer.

In the brain, they produce signals that reduce appetite, so you eat less. And some people who drink or use drugs lose cravings for those substances.

by Anonymousreply 43December 3, 2023 8:20 PM

[QUOTE] These drugs will eventually be covered by insurance

They’re already covered by insurance. You think everyone’s paying $1000 a month for this stuff?

by Anonymousreply 44December 3, 2023 8:27 PM

where in Houston did you get it?

by Anonymousreply 45December 3, 2023 8:37 PM

On SS MEDICARE here.... 65+

by Anonymousreply 46December 3, 2023 8:39 PM

I take Humalog, Levemir and Jariance - I am not sure what Jardiance does.....

by Anonymousreply 47December 3, 2023 8:41 PM

My BMI was 30 when I started semaglutide (wegivoy/ozempic). It’s now 21.6.

I did 2 months of terzepitide (mounjaro) instead of semaglutide this summer but my appetite came back so I went back to semaglutide.

by Anonymousreply 48December 3, 2023 8:48 PM

[quote] Have people thought about eating less calories?

Yes. In fact, that’s exact,y what the drug does. It causes you to eat [bold] FEWER [/bold] calories. The difference is, you don’t feel hungry. And….you actually can’t eat more calories, even if you wanted to. You have to wait for the drug to wear off. I sometimes take 3 week “vacations” from the drugs just so I can eat some more when I feel like I haven’t been eating enough.

by Anonymousreply 49December 3, 2023 8:54 PM

"where in Houston did you get it?"

I keeps my works in a snack purse.

by Anonymousreply 50December 3, 2023 8:55 PM

[quote] Sugar doesn't taste good on it

It does mess with taste. Things taste different. Sugar tastes too sweet. I felt I needed more protein so I ate a few pieces of steak from a restaurant I like. It tasted burnt/carbonized. It was medium rare, not burned at all.

by Anonymousreply 51December 3, 2023 9:00 PM

R40 is a cunt who thinks everyone is tne same age, with the same metabolism, the same body chemistry, and the same capacity to lose weight--if they just weren't so LAZY!

Asshole.

by Anonymousreply 52December 3, 2023 9:52 PM

i really don't understand how so many people don't get that, r52.

Everybody's bodies are different, they metabolize differently, and this acting like each person's body is exactly same out of the box like a machine is just asinine.

Some bodies store calories as fat instead of using them as fuel. It's a fact. But some people are incapable of understanding this. Maybe it's their way of feeling superior or special.

by Anonymousreply 53December 3, 2023 9:56 PM

R45, Revive compounding pharmacy in Houston.

I went through a nurse practitioner in Tennessee (via teletheath- I live in Texas). To start, it’s $500 flat for the consult, shipping, syringes and 12 weeks of semaglutide. Then the refills are priced as stated, but he offers a $500 refill as well, but price wise you’re ahead to do the 5 month refill.

by Anonymousreply 54December 3, 2023 10:43 PM

R44, many to most insurance plans don't cover it for obesity unless there's type-2 diabetes as well.

Most people aren't paying $1000 for Ozempic, but they're paying a hundred or two out of pocket a month for compounded semaglutide instead.

by Anonymousreply 55December 3, 2023 11:31 PM

R49 Why would you purposely eat more if you're trying to lose weight? It would be like me doing copious amounts of blow again just so I don't lose my tolerance. This is the kind of stuff that doesn't make sense to a non dieter.

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2023 12:38 AM

I’m not trying to lose weight, R56. I [italic] am [/italic] losing weight. And I can’t eat much or I my stomach hurts. When I start to feel a little weak when I stand up from a lying down position I know I’m not eating enough. So I need to catch up” nutritionally. I can’t eat/drink protein bars/shakes. They’re too disgusting with all the artificial ingredient flavors. So I stop taking the medication for a few weeks so the effects will wear off enough that I can eat more. I not only don’t gain weight when I eat more, I continue to lose weight.

I’m only 2 lbs away from my goal weight. Right now I only take the medication every other week because I don’t need it every week. My appetite is suppressed enough on a once-every two-weeks schedule.

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2023 1:19 AM

I don't blame you for not liking those protein bars and shakes, R57—some of them are filled with so many artificial flavors, sweeteners, and colors that they're just garbage. And they taste like it.

What about eating small amounts of healthy fats and protein so you don't get weak? Like a quarter or half avocado by itself or in a smoothie, a handful of almonds or walnuts (good for brain health), one of those individual packs of almond butter, etc.?

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2023 1:37 AM

R57, how long have you been on it?

I don’t have any advice or judgement, I’m strictly curious about how long it took you to get to this point.

by Anonymousreply 59December 4, 2023 2:45 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60December 4, 2023 3:32 AM

Maybe it's their way of feeling superior or special.

Have you noticed there's an obesity epidemic in the world lately? People didn't used to be so fat, it's a cultural thing that the pharma companies don't want to stop, they want fat people so they make money.

It has little to do with your metabolism when you stuff your face, and sit on your ass.

by Anonymousreply 61December 4, 2023 4:05 AM

[quote] It has little to do with your metabolism when you stuff your face, and sit on your ass.

It depends on the person, R61--unless you think everyone has the same metabolism?

[quote] People didn't used to be so fat

Not sure where or when you're referring, R61, but I suspect you don't, either.

by Anonymousreply 62December 4, 2023 4:57 AM

A hundred years ago being fat signified you were wealthy enough to afford food and eat as much as you wanted.

by Anonymousreply 63December 4, 2023 2:01 PM

A hundred years ago being fat signified A MAN was wealthy

FTFY

Obesity wasn’t accepted among wealthy women.

by Anonymousreply 64December 4, 2023 3:58 PM

Haha. Whalebone corsets were being worn up until the early 20th century by wealthy ladies to get that 18” waist..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65December 4, 2023 4:00 PM

R63, I think you mean the 17th century, not a hundred years ago.

But god knows I could be wrong.

by Anonymousreply 66December 4, 2023 4:19 PM

Look at all the photos, no one was obviously fat, people were not fat even a generation ago, being fat means something different now, you're allowed to be obese nowadays, it's normal.

by Anonymousreply 67December 4, 2023 4:57 PM

[quote] [R63], I think you mean the 17th century, not a hundred years ago. But god knows I could be wrong.

You surely are. Corsets were abandoned by women in the 1920s, not the 1720s

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68December 4, 2023 5:02 PM

[quote] you're allowed to be obese nowadays

Yes, R67, there really should be a law against obesity. Jail time with 100 calories a day as punishment. Right?

by Anonymousreply 69December 4, 2023 5:21 PM

That wasn’t because they thought it was cool to be fat, that’s because women were tired of wearing those ridiculous things.

by Anonymousreply 70December 4, 2023 5:46 PM

There are a lot of big fat men in old photos, looking like weeble-wobbles.

Have you ever looked at old pictures of people on Ancestry?

by Anonymousreply 71December 4, 2023 5:59 PM

^That reply was for R67.

by Anonymousreply 72December 4, 2023 6:00 PM

Oh fuck, forget it. I meant R71 was meant for R67.

by Anonymousreply 73December 4, 2023 6:01 PM

r57 I have just been prescribed Mounjaro by my PCP for Type 2 Diabetes. How long did it take before your apetite was curbed etc.?

I've taken 2 doses so far, and really haven't noticed any difference in my appetite or taste sensations.

by Anonymousreply 74December 6, 2023 8:13 PM

Are you titrating up your dosage, r74? The first month or two are really low doses to get you used to the medication

by Anonymousreply 75December 6, 2023 8:28 PM

r75 I haven't titrated up. Let's see if there is some change around month 3-4.

Thank you,

by Anonymousreply 76December 6, 2023 8:31 PM

Save a fortune.

Use a head halter and ask a friend to hitch you to their car or bicycle on a 5 mile run each morning.

Or just try dust.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77December 6, 2023 8:37 PM

[quote] [R57], how long have you been on it?

11 months, compounded semaglutide. $300 per vial. I now use 1 vial every 2 months so it’s $150/month. I get it through my doctor’s office.

by Anonymousreply 78December 7, 2023 12:37 AM

Have you ever looked at the old movies on the street, no one was fat, it's normal to be fat now.

by Anonymousreply 79December 7, 2023 1:59 AM

Yes R79. We used to call it "stock footage". When there was a story about a fat person, they had the same footage they always played, of fatties from the neck down. Now it's all stock footage.

by Anonymousreply 80December 7, 2023 2:01 AM

Yeah, they would zoom in on beer bellies and fupas as the headless people lumbered down the sidewalk or stood waiting for the WALK sign.

by Anonymousreply 81December 7, 2023 5:52 PM

Yes! R81, and it was always the same footage cause there weren't too many ham planets. Now, there are.

by Anonymousreply 82December 7, 2023 5:57 PM

[quote] No, that’s Jardiance. It’s the little pill with a great big story to tell.

The "big story" is that you remain fat, no matter how much singing and dancing you do. I want Zepbound!

by Anonymousreply 83December 9, 2023 5:36 PM

[quote] It does, as you say [R31], keep you full of shit longer, but for me it drastically curbs sugar and fat cravings. It’s also really helped lower my blood pressure. It’s easy for people to say “diet, exercise”, and I do, but Ozempic has made it easier to do both. It’s not the easy fix people think it is.

So if I take a semaglutide do I still have to modify my diet?! Which one is the drug where I can each as much as I want and still lose 50 lbs?

by Anonymousreply 84December 9, 2023 5:39 PM

Side Effects?

by Anonymousreply 85December 9, 2023 5:51 PM

My brother and his wife have been on Monjouro for the past year; they were both fatties and lost over 100 lbs each. They took it for diabetes initially but now that their A1C levels are normal they plan to stay on it for maintenance.

They haven't have many side effects, mainly nausea in the very beginning which they controlled by drinking protein shakes first thing in the morning.

Now my formerly fat younger brother weighs less than I do and I hate him.

by Anonymousreply 86December 9, 2023 5:55 PM

Zepbound for the Chair-Bound!

by Anonymousreply 87December 9, 2023 6:11 PM

I just started taking a very low dose of compounded semaglutide the week after Thanksgiving. I still have sugar and salt cravings but I feel fuller faster when eating. I expected to have explosive diarrhea or projectile vomiting based on some of the DL Ozempic-related threads, but in fact, the drug seems quite binding. Only once when I had a creamy butternut squash soup did I feel the least bit puky, but thankfully no puke.

No weight loss yet but my face looks thinner.

by Anonymousreply 88December 9, 2023 6:19 PM

The doctors I know say their patients on Mounjaro are unrecognizable the next time they see them because they’ve lost so much weight.

by Anonymousreply 89December 9, 2023 9:01 PM

I’ve never had diarrhea on semaglutide or terzepatide. I have a constipation problem instead and I put a small amount of Miralax in my tea every day.

by Anonymousreply 90December 9, 2023 9:45 PM

Let's all pitch in and buy this as a Christmas present for Chrissy Metz.

by Anonymousreply 91December 9, 2023 10:41 PM

R88, I started a month before you and I am down around 20lbs.

It was little to nothing for me at first. I wasn’t sure it would work for me because I have an autoimmune thyroid disease and previous efforts haven’t been successful. I didn’t have my hopes up and didn’t weigh when I started because I didn’t want to know how much I weighed until I knew for damn sure it was coming off.

Around week 5, I was standing at my bathroom mirror brushing my teeth and I could really see it. It seemed to happen overnight. I tried on some pants I couldn’t even pull up before (and I’m wearing them right now)— in a couple weeks they’ll be too big.

Good luck and stick with it!

by Anonymousreply 92December 9, 2023 10:51 PM

[QUOTE] The doctors I know say their patients on Mounjaro are unrecognizable the next time they see them because they’ve lost so much weight.

That is awesome. The obesity epidemic is coming to an end. The drugs will get better as these companies try to one-up each other. I think Mounjaro is a leap forward over Ozempic.

by Anonymousreply 93December 9, 2023 10:57 PM

And no one has any loose skin?

by Anonymousreply 94December 9, 2023 11:39 PM

Who here said no one has loose skin?

Probably, by the time all is said and done, R94.

If I had to pick being obese and having loose skin, I’ll take the loose skin.

by Anonymousreply 95December 9, 2023 11:59 PM

I don't have loose skin and I've lost 64lbs since mid April

by Anonymousreply 96December 10, 2023 12:10 AM

Loose skin comes from sudden, extreme weight loss of like 300 pounds. Most obese people don’t need to lose that much, and it’s gradual enough with these drugs that the skin has time to adjust. You’re not going to have loose skin draped around your shoulders like a cape from losing 50-100 pounds over a year.

by Anonymousreply 97December 10, 2023 12:34 AM

Well that’s good news, R97!

by Anonymousreply 98December 10, 2023 2:30 AM

I have terrible loose skin in my arms and legs. But what am I supposed to do about it? Pay some plastic surgeon $100k to tighten me up? I had to have emergency colon surgery years ago so my stomach is horrible looomg with scars and bumpiness, so I’m used to not being young and beautiful anymore. In sinner, I fought elbow-length sleeves and in winter I just wear long sleeves.

I asked my doctor about taking collagen supplements. She said not only does it not work for tightening skin but recent research has been pointing to the possibility that collagen causes inflammation.

by Anonymousreply 99December 11, 2023 4:09 PM

Nothing on your body hangs any better when you lose weight, but you are healthier. I lost weight, not in pills, and I have somewhat a turkey neck a little.

by Anonymousreply 100December 11, 2023 8:14 PM

I like getting being able to to bend down to pick things up off the floor and then being able to stand up straight again. It's like all my joints got WD-40.

by Anonymousreply 101December 11, 2023 9:31 PM

Rest well folks, Marie Osmond has spoken.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 7, 2024 3:38 AM

[QUOTE] She explained: “I think you have to learn that food is not your enemy and you have to do it the right way.”

That’s it, folks. Just learn to do it the right way! I think they can take these drugs off the market now. Doctors should instead hand their obese patients a business card with this quote printed on it.

by Anonymousreply 103January 7, 2024 1:51 PM

Zeppelin Bound. You're gonna be a blimp without this drug. Get it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104January 7, 2024 2:44 PM

[quote]She explained: “I think you have to learn that food is not your enemy and you have to do it the right way.”

And get paid millions by Nutrisystem!

by Anonymousreply 105January 7, 2024 3:02 PM

Ozempic switches your brain over to “doing it the right way” pretty damn quick. That’s why it is such a smashing success and Nutrisystem is up shit creek.

by Anonymousreply 106January 7, 2024 4:27 PM

I eat piles and piles 💩 and PILES! of shit.

by Anonymousreply 107January 7, 2024 6:40 PM

She didn’t “learn how to eat right” by ingesting that Nutrisystem cardboard.

by Anonymousreply 108January 7, 2024 8:46 PM

You fuckers!

by Anonymousreply 109January 7, 2024 9:11 PM

If you do Nutrisystem and Zeupbound, you can look like Nicole Ritchie circa 2004.

by Anonymousreply 110January 7, 2024 9:32 PM

Mix them in with my cake batter!

by Anonymousreply 111January 7, 2024 9:35 PM

I’ll steal the recipe and call it my own.

by Anonymousreply 112January 7, 2024 9:50 PM

I’m curious about the patients who cannot stop losing weight on these medications, even when they pause the injections. I wonder if your body can “recover” its control over appetite and satiety.

It all looks promising, like an arsenal of new and effective treatment for obesity and all the cardiometabolic risk factors associated with weight gain. But I would want to see and understand more longitudinal data on the body’s response and any irreversible effects on one’s own systems.

I know of some truly horrible outcomes from interventions like bypasses and bad LAP-bands, like ischemic insult to the blood vessels nourishing parts of the digestive system, and internal necrosis. In some cases, patients endure partial or complete gastrectomies, and worse (hospital confinement, feeding tubes, gangrene).

I feel so bad for people trapped in situations like these. It sounds so awful and painful and expensive and embarrassing.

I would also be concerned for signs of malnutrition over the longer term, like tooth and bone loss, or complex organ failure. Sadly, I think that’s coming for some high profile cases you might recognize.

by Anonymousreply 113January 7, 2024 10:57 PM

I have friends and, sadly, an extended family member, secretly undertaking this process with online consultations and sourcing the compound through some sketchy suppliers. Some don’t fully disclose other medications they take on these online telemedicine consultations, and that is pretty risky.

by Anonymousreply 114January 7, 2024 11:09 PM

You pussies better stop looking at me! It's not Ozempic!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115January 8, 2024 1:55 AM

Don’t look at me, either!

After a decade of obesity, I took off the weight with simple diet and exercise, I SWEAR.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116January 8, 2024 2:17 AM

I have to say I'm really disappointed in Kelly Clarkson and her continued denial of taking Ozempic or Mounjaro. Kelly, there is NO WAY you can lose the weight you have lost - AS QUICKLY AS YOU'VE LOST IT - and it's the result of a "healthier lifestyle." I mean, yes, there is like a slim to none chance, but let's face it - that's not what has happened. And i'm not really sure what she's gaining by her continued denials.

Even OPRAH admitted it. Time to stop with the river in Egypt shit.

by Anonymousreply 117January 8, 2024 2:27 AM

Yeah, she’s from flyoverstan practically. She lives on nachos and sitting. Let’s be real here.

by Anonymousreply 118January 8, 2024 2:53 AM

R39, you could just taking one of them and staying on the lowest dose.

Ozempic ran out here in Australia and I am now on Saxenda. I don't find it anywhere near as good due to only being for weight loss and not for helping with diabetic issues too.

Ozempic gave me more energy. I'm hanging out for supply to be steady again, which unfortunately won't be until 2025, or for something better to come along. Seeing the endo in a few weeks to figure out the best course forward in the meantime.

by Anonymousreply 119January 8, 2024 4:38 AM

This week I read that in addition to facial wasting, another obvious sign of this treatment includes “spider fingers”.

by Anonymousreply 120January 20, 2024 3:01 PM

Dr. Terry Dubrow tried and didn't like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121January 20, 2024 3:28 PM

What the fuck are “spider fingers”?!

by Anonymousreply 122February 18, 2024 4:23 PM

Is this stuff legal in Canada? Is it covered by OHIP?

by Anonymousreply 123February 18, 2024 4:38 PM

I don’t understand why the fuck there is this backlog of available Ozempic? Can’t they build another factory or two? In China, they could build a factory in about a week!

by Anonymousreply 124February 18, 2024 4:39 PM

Keeping the demand up keeps the price up. Spider fingers. Lol. You mean I can wear my wedding ring again which is just in time because I feel like a piece of meat when I leave the house? I forgot how openly wolfish men are.

by Anonymousreply 125February 18, 2024 4:44 PM

So many businesses are losing so much money from these drugs. Not just the weight loss ones. Fast food, casinos, tobacco, vapes, dairy, meat, booze, pretty much every consumer good ever because this drug makes you weigh each purchase carefully once you don't get that dopamine hit from your bag of new useless shit. No wonder they're scaring people with tales of ozempic face and spider fingers and thyroid cancer.

by Anonymousreply 126February 18, 2024 4:49 PM

Anybody heard of ozempic just no longer working? I lost about fifty pounds and have regained at least 25, all while on ozempic the entire time. I am taking 2.0 dose also, which is the maximum dose.

by Anonymousreply 127February 18, 2024 4:52 PM

All you have to do is a little research, R124. Then you will see that Novo is trying their hardest to make more of the stuff, including spending billions on acquisitions to increase manufacturing output.

What you will also find is that the prefilled injection cartridge pens are the biggest bottleneck. If people used syringes like with steroids, there wouldn’t be any issues with supply. But then most people wouldn’t want it, either. A major part of the appeal with Ozempic/Monjauro is the ease of the prefilled pens that can be injected right under the skin, and they’re very difficult to make in mass quantities. Remember, it’s not only the pen itself but the medication is already loaded into each pen and they must be refrigerated during shipping and storage.

by Anonymousreply 128February 18, 2024 4:56 PM

[quote]Is this stuff legal in Canada? Is it covered by OHIP?

It is legal and easy to get but mine is covered by a private drug plan. I believe it is covered by various government plans for seniors.

by Anonymousreply 129February 18, 2024 5:07 PM

If the obesity epidemic is coming to an end with these drugs, why aren’t they truly covered on Medicaid outside of a diabetes diagnosis? This shit should be offered to literally EVERYBODY for low cost if it’s generally effective, allows you to lose weight without major life routine changes and continue being the now less-hungry, yet slimming fat whore you are. The government saves millions from reducing the amount of bloated obese patients in the healthcare system.

It’s a political win-win. Weight loss drugs should be just as available as antibiotics if they are truly helpful to society. I imagine the jury is still out on this and is why it’s only for the few who can afford Ozempic, Mounjaro, or Zepbound.

by Anonymousreply 130February 18, 2024 5:33 PM

There has been a free weight loss remedy available for centuries. It's called PUSH YA FAT ARSE AWAY FROM THE TABLE AFTER ONE HELPING!.

by Anonymousreply 131February 18, 2024 5:37 PM

Sign me up,bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132February 18, 2024 5:41 PM

[quote]Anybody heard of ozempic just no longer working? I lost about fifty pounds and have regained at least 25, all while on ozempic the entire time. I am taking 2.0 dose also, which is the maximum dose.

Where are you getting your Ozempic? If you're buying it online, you might just be getting a syringe full of Chinese Covid vaccine.

by Anonymousreply 133February 18, 2024 5:45 PM

A revolutionary weightloss treatment is called putting down your phone and moving your ass

by Anonymousreply 134February 18, 2024 5:47 PM

Is there a DataLounge discount?

by Anonymousreply 135February 18, 2024 6:02 PM

[quote] This shit should be offered to literally EVERYBODY for low cost if it’s generally effective

Then why did insulin keep going up in price? .

It’s effective

It’s lifesaving

It’s been around for ages

Yet Joe Biden had to FORCE drug companies to lower the price because drug companies kept raising it for years.

So your logic doesn’t work. Drug companies DO NOT LOWER PRICES for effective medications.

Same with epipens. Price was raised 420% by drug companies.

by Anonymousreply 136February 18, 2024 6:32 PM

[quote] Is there a DataLounge discount?

No! The caftan manufacturing lobby has launched an all-out assault on semaglutide drug makers -- name-calling, wig-snatching, eye-scratching -- it's a mess.

by Anonymousreply 137February 18, 2024 6:47 PM

I don't trust Eli Lilly

by Anonymousreply 138February 18, 2024 6:57 PM

I just got my script and starting today!

Wish me good luck, fellow fat whores!

PS the pharmacist was kinda judgey. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 139February 18, 2024 7:00 PM

I have always wanted to climb Mounjaro.

by Anonymousreply 140February 18, 2024 7:11 PM

Definitely do not get these drugs from some sketchy online source. These drugs are not at all easy to synthesize, so you are probably getting utter crap.

by Anonymousreply 141February 18, 2024 8:11 PM

I just can’t stop losing weight and my daughter cannot stop being purple haired and insufferable

by Anonymousreply 142February 18, 2024 8:26 PM

[quote]Anybody heard of ozempic just no longer working?

Pretty much everybody. You do plateau on it. But regaining the weight while still on it is rare.

by Anonymousreply 143February 18, 2024 8:27 PM

R136 you are correct. At this point, the cost of drugs should just be mandated by the government instead of the pharmaceutical companies naming the price. It's probably easier to lobby the government than the current Big Pharma. Insulin and Epipens should be low cost, as cheap as aspirin.

I guess I forgot how totally fucked our medical system is in America. It's like we're not a free country or something. Oopsie.

by Anonymousreply 144February 19, 2024 12:18 AM

R144 I wholeheartedly agree with you. However, Free Market Economy is as American as apple pie etc.

by Anonymousreply 145February 19, 2024 10:29 AM

I went Mounjaro last summer on my trip. Beautiful mountains!

by Anonymousreply 146February 19, 2024 11:07 AM

R146 improved on the comedy of R140, huh?

by Anonymousreply 147February 19, 2024 11:12 AM

My endocrinologist says that Mounjaro is better but is not covered in Ontario so virtually no one can afford it.

by Anonymousreply 148February 26, 2024 3:37 PM

Better than what, R148? And did they explain why it’s better?

by Anonymousreply 149February 26, 2024 3:41 PM

I take Ozempic for Type 2. No, I am not obese. The most I ever carried was 30lbs. I hate that I have to qualify that every time but the immediate response to I am on Ozempic is "GET OFF YOUR FAT ASS AND STOP EATING CHIPS MARY." I don't know about Mounjaro but Ozempic has not changed any cravings or tastes I might have. Chocolate does not suddenly taste bad, pizza still gives me a boner. I watched what I ate before I ever got on Ozempic. The difference now is I can eat a carb and not worry it will spike my insulin or not get processed correctly. It has let me relax my strict Keto lifestyle. I don't count carbs anymore, just make sure my calories stay below a certain amount. What you cannot do is overeat on this. You will puke your guts out a few hours later or shit your pants in a violent shit storm - or both. ( I ate late once, after 8 P.M. because of working late . I was really hungry but learned my lesson..just starve for a night. That resulted in severe abdominal pain and cramps, explosive shits and then when I was over all that I stood up and puked into the toilet I just destroyed. Never again.)

by Anonymousreply 150February 26, 2024 3:53 PM

Mounjaro for weight loss is called ZEPBOUND. It’s both a GLP-1 and GLP-2 agonist compared to Wegovy/Ozempic’s GLP-1. In studies, Zepbound showed significantly more general weight loss in non-diabetic test participants and greater weight loss retention over that of Wegovy. It makes you burp and belch a lot but I doesn’t seem as harsh on some people as Wegovy/Ozempic can be. Both are game changing drugs and thus far proven to be generally safe and effective. Like Wegovy, Zepbound dosage titrates up in strength every four weeks to allow you to adjust to it. These meds can be a little hard on the gastrointestinal system, because both of them essentially stop the digestion of food, eliminating hunger, and cravings. The cravings part is what has impressed me most with Zepbound over that of Wegovy.

by Anonymousreply 151February 26, 2024 4:31 PM

What if you have diverticulitis? I don’t like the idea of not digesting food normally, I have to be extremely regular in order to not get attacks.

by Anonymousreply 152February 26, 2024 10:04 PM

How about you google the words “ozempic diverticulitis” R152.

by Anonymousreply 153February 27, 2024 12:34 AM

These companies are making a fortune from the medication. I saw a commercial for the product that went on for a solid two minutes of airtime. Lots of singing and smiling into the camera! I had to laugh. They've got money to spend on advertising!

by Anonymousreply 154February 27, 2024 12:52 AM

Listen up, fat whores!

I tried to get my Zep prescription filled at Costco and they told me they don't accept the Eli Lily discount card.

They don't know how to enter the discount code in their system.

So, don't go there if you want to use the Lilly discount card.

by Anonymousreply 155March 6, 2024 12:16 AM

Did you buy the chocolate tuxedo mousse cake on your way out, R155? It’s fucking delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 6, 2024 12:20 AM

R155 I'm surprised they told you they didn't know how to enter it, that's a lie. There's been a hack on the system network that processes the discount cards (not just for Zepbound) and other insurance related transactions for over a week now. Still down.

Google it.

by Anonymousreply 157March 6, 2024 12:23 AM

Here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158March 6, 2024 12:23 AM

Thanks, r157!

by Anonymousreply 159March 6, 2024 1:09 AM

You can’t shit though.

by Anonymousreply 160March 6, 2024 1:20 AM

Even if you eat a big salad every day?

by Anonymousreply 161March 6, 2024 2:16 AM

How are the alcohol cravings?

The first few days after my weekly shot, my appetite and alcohol cravings are low.

But they seem to bounce back around day 4

I’m only 2 shots in, though.

by Anonymousreply 162March 21, 2024 10:49 PM

[QUOTE] I’m only 2 shots in, though.

Whiskey or vodka?

by Anonymousreply 163March 21, 2024 10:55 PM

Tequila, r163.

by Anonymousreply 164March 22, 2024 1:28 AM

Will this be the new Fen-phen, heart attack city?

by Anonymousreply 165March 22, 2024 2:39 AM

MY BMI is 35. I am overweight. I hover around 6.3 A1c level so bordering on Type 2. I have tried everything but I my thyroid is fucked up and I may need surgery for it. But it's really really hard to lose weight and easy to gain. I'm scared to take any of these meds. But I remember a few years ago they did come out with a weight loss drug. There wasn't all this side mess that I recall, but I can't remember the name of the drug/.

by Anonymousreply 166March 22, 2024 2:46 AM

R166, I have autoimmune thyroid disease and I’ll need to have my thyroid removed eventually due to benign nodules. I know what you’re going through.

Some of the GLP-1 drugs have been around more than 20 years and the main concern with this regarding the thyroid is a family history of medullary thyroid cancer. I have the same problem as you— very easy to gain weight and then once it’s there it’s nearly impossible to lose without an unsustainable in the long run calorie deficit.

I had just come to terms with the idea that I would never be thin or even a normal size ever again when these drugs started gaining a lot of traction for obesity.

I’ve been on compounded Semaglutide (shipped from Revive compounding pharmacy in Houston) since the start of November and I have lost 27lbs. I guess I’m losing around a pound a week (I’m 46) and I go down a pants size every two months or so. I plateaued for a month or so recently, but it’s picking up again.

It’s the easiest ‘diet’ I’ve ever done, by a long shot. If you’re not wowed by my modest numbers, remember, this is all but effortless. It’s a hell of a lot easier than trying to fight your crappy thyroid all the way just to lose and regain the same two pounds for years.

I sleep better at night now and my sciatica is almost gone. Before, I couldn’t walk for more than 15 minutes without my left leg falling asleep and then going numb. My joints don’t hurt as bad and I have more energy. Obviously, these changes facilitate a more active lifestyle which helps all the more.

Unless you have a family history of medullary thyroid cancer or a family history of pancreatic cancer, your doctor will almost certainly give you the green light. I went through a nurse practitioner online right after my physical and bloodwork in October. I asked my doctor about it at my checkup and he said the clinic was trying to work something out with a pharmacy who could provide the compounded version (this was before it was officially approved for weight loss), so I went ahead and got the prescription elsewhere.

I couldn’t be happier with it.

by Anonymousreply 167March 22, 2024 5:20 AM

Thanks R167, I would gladly try what you've done, but I have to ask you what the side effects are? There's no history of Thyroid cancer in our family.

by Anonymousreply 168March 22, 2024 9:14 PM

Zepbound? Reminds me too much of Zaftig.

by Anonymousreply 169March 22, 2024 9:31 PM

R168, for most people, the side effects are minimal to tolerable. The most common ones can be mitigated by staying well-hydrated— so, headache, constipation, nausea. Water and Propel will help a lot. Some people said it made them feel tired. If that happened to me, it wasn’t ever on a level where I considered quitting. Being obese is tiring, too.

The more serious side effects like the “stomach paralysis” tend to happen mostly to people who aren’t obese but are taking it for weight loss anyway. My BMI is 36, so I’m almost the same as you. Everyone’s different, but if your side effects are similar to mine, I’d think I you’d find them very tolerable in exchange for the benefits.

The medication you mentioned before, could it have been Contrave? I was on that once. It is the active ingredient in Wellbutrin plus a medication they give addicts to help them quit. It ‘worked’ to suppress my appetite for about three weeks, and it was expensive. I don’t think it was very successful publicly, either. You can look up the weight loss amounts and timelines, I am sure it is insignificant. The new drugs will make that as obsolete as Nutrisystem.

However, I do like Wellbutrin on its own (without the Naltrexone, but in conjunction with Semaglutide) , and it comes in generic. If you can tolerate it (a lot of people can’t, but I happen to love it) it will help keep your energy levels higher and make you want to get up and do stuff, for awhile at least. You could go off it once you lose enough weight to have your own energy. But given that we’ve both got this thyroid issue I don’t think Wellbutrin be enough on its own, not long-term— for me it wasn’t. The mild side effects from that are similar to the GLP drugs. Again, it’s not for everyone.

You said there are no cases of thyroid cancer in your family- if there’s no pancreatic cancer in your family you should go for it. My doctor was really serious when he said if there was any, ANY of those two organ cancers then it’s out of the question, but barring that, he was enthusiastic.

by Anonymousreply 170March 22, 2024 10:42 PM

[quote] Zepbound…there’s a joke in there somewhere…

"Zep" was a nickname used for the Zeppelin airship .. and typically much BIGGER than a BLIMP !!

by Anonymousreply 171March 23, 2024 12:18 AM

This would almost certainly help me lose the 25 pounds I’ve been meaning to lose for the last five years or so. I’m assuming though that all the weight just comes back with a vengeance as soon as you stop taking the drug, no?

by Anonymousreply 172March 23, 2024 12:22 AM

Thanks so much R170. YOu have given me enough information to start conversation with my doctor. I really appreciate it.

by Anonymousreply 173March 23, 2024 1:23 AM

R166 you are a perfect candidate for Ozempic. Your A1C is the giveaway. IF that is your fasting level then you are type 2.

by Anonymousreply 174March 23, 2024 1:45 PM

Yeah, people like R166 have severe insulin resistance even though they may not have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. There are tens of millions of people like this around the world who made a series of bad decisions which led to heavy weight gain and now it’s nearly impossible for them to lose it. They’re fucked, and these drugs were created to unfuck you.

by Anonymousreply 175March 23, 2024 2:55 PM

The side effects ….you have to go through them in the beginning to figure out how to deal with them. Then you’ll be ok. You will know “I can’t eat that much or I’ll get a stomach ache,” after you get a stomach ache.

You’ll know “An entire slice of pizza eaten in the ‘normal’ amount of time is too much pizza for me at one time because I’ll throw up,” after you throw up. You have to go through the side effects in order to know what causes side effects for you and how to avoid them. Basically it’s, “Keep Zofran and Gas X handy in case I need them. Drink enough fluid. Eat fiber or take Miralax. “

You need to keep hydrated, keep regular, eat small amounts, don’t eat a fatty meal. You’ll figure it out. I have to say - it’s upsetting at first. But you learn how to handle it and you’ll be ok. A few times when I increased the dosage it was too much for me. I know I can’t deal with 1 mg semaglutide. But other people do fine on 1 mg, 2 mg, 2.6 mg.

It depends on you and you have to figure it out for yourself. There are plenty of subs on Reddit about semaglatide, tirzepatide, Ozempic, Wegovy, Mounjaro, and all the other names for the same drugs. You’ll learn a lot there and see people talking about how they dealt with side effects.

If you increase the dose and you have constant stomach pain…stop taking the drug. Use common sense. Stop the drug for at least 2 weeks, then start over again at the lowest dose. If you feel like your abdomen is “paralyzed” …stop the drug, for gods sake and let it wear off.

by Anonymousreply 176March 23, 2024 4:55 PM

R172 so they say. I've been on it for 4 months and have lost about 20 lbs (out of goal of 40). There was an issue with my insurance so I had to skip a month, and sure enough my appetite resumed. But I'm hopeful that after "resetting" my metabolism and getting used to eating healthier, smaller meals I won't need to stay on it for life.

by Anonymousreply 177March 23, 2024 6:22 PM

R177 - Eating healthier is part of it. You also need portion control. A few tricks for success with the latter: weigh food, use smaller plates and utensils, never eat standing, put down the silverware between bites, and if nothing else works -- eat naked in front of a mirror.

by Anonymousreply 178March 23, 2024 10:47 PM

How is everyone doing?

After 2.5 weeks, I’m down about 5.5 pounds. But some of that was booze bloat, so my weight loss will probably slow down.

Speaking of booze: after my first shot, my cravings were much lower. But they seem to have kept back up again.

by Anonymousreply 179March 27, 2024 1:15 AM

I've been on 5mg for 6 weeks and have only lost a couple lbs. My appetite is slightly lower but I still get hungry and then eat something. I want to go up to 7.5mg but they're out of stock everywhere near me.

by Anonymousreply 180March 27, 2024 1:34 PM

^^ I DO KNOW this works, just have to find the right dosage.

by Anonymousreply 181March 27, 2024 1:35 PM

If one of your side effects is constipation, that could be why the scale doesn’t show much weight loss. People underestimate the effect of even mild constipation. There’s the weight of the food matter itself, plus overall bloating that constipation causes.

by Anonymousreply 182March 27, 2024 2:52 PM

Constipated? A few of these will clear you out, and they taste pretty good too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183March 27, 2024 3:52 PM

R161 = Elaine Benes

"It's a salad, only bigger...with more stuff in it"

by Anonymousreply 184March 27, 2024 4:45 PM

Well, I just started it last week. Insurance does not cover it.

$550 a month with coupon.

Felt slightly queasy on the first day and then fine (I am on the lowest dose to start).

The appetite suppression is REAL. I normally woke up hungry for breakfast most mornings. Not once all week. I only eat a salad for lunch because my doctor told me to eat lunch even if I’m not hungry (just light lunch). I’m personally drinking less too, but I don’t know if that is just a coincidence.

You know the more I think about it R3, R105, and R126, this is really going to be financially impactful (devastating to some) to a lot of industries.

Restaurants (especially fast food)

Gyms

Weight loss programs

“Wellness” clinics

Bariatric surgeons/centers

Bars

Anywhere you still down and stuff your face (movie theaters, sports events)

Unless a large, previously unknown side effect comes along soon, these drugs are going to have huge impacts. My only concern at this point, is I cannot see paying $550 a month (that’s assuming they keep offering the coupon), for life. I (and most people) will have to learn to continue to eat lightly once you stop taking the drug.

by Anonymousreply 185March 30, 2024 7:13 PM

R185 but how much do you think you'll save on food you won't be eating? Maybe not $550 worth but certainly a decent amount.

by Anonymousreply 186April 1, 2024 11:51 PM

No way you’re saving $550 worth of food. What individual person eats that much? If the weight loss results in a longer life and better quality end of life as they get older, however, then that $550 is worth every penny.

Hopefully their insurance begins to cover it soon or there will be a similar drug with coverage in the near future.

by Anonymousreply 187April 2, 2024 3:44 PM

There are lots of Groupon offers for semaglutide that are quite cheap. In most cases all you have to do is fill out an online form--no lab records or in person physician visit required.

They usually give you 4 to 6 weeks worth of medication at a big discount but after that pay full price. So I just take advantage of the introductory offer, then move on to another provider. I've been doing this for about 6 months and have lost a bunch of weight. Only problem is that I've just about used up all the offers so I will soon have to pay full price.

by Anonymousreply 188April 2, 2024 6:14 PM

Really interesting interview about these drugs.

Some of her answers were kind of disturbing, but she's not wrong.

Over half of Americans should be taking these drugs. It was take several generations for Americans to "re-learn" what normal portion sizes are. Being obese causes so many other issues that it should be #1 on many primary care doctor's radars

No R186, I'm not saving anywhere near $550. Maybe $100-$150? It isn't about the money for me though. It is actually similar to the reason I quit smoking years ago. It wasn't my health. It wasn't the money. Smoking had just become a total pain in the ass. You can't smoke in your house, your car, bars, even OUTSIDE at a lot of bars if they have outdoor seating.

Being overweight is the same thing for me. Flying sucks, clothes don't fit right, hard to get laid, etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 3, 2024 1:48 PM

If you drink a few bottles of pretty good wine per week, and suddenly you don’t crave it any more… you could be saving a few hundred a month.

by Anonymousreply 190April 3, 2024 4:21 PM

Anyone taking zepbound have terrible nightmares?

by Anonymousreply 191April 27, 2024 8:40 AM

[quote]Will this be the new Fen-phen, heart attack city?

Diabetics have been using semaglutide for nearly a decade already. More to the point, heart attacks are what obese people are trying to avoid by losing weight in the first place.

Remember obesity carries its own dangers.

by Anonymousreply 192April 27, 2024 2:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!