Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

“Snow White” pushed back over a year, to late 2025

They also released a new image of her with the new Seven Dwarfs. Looks like they pushed it back because they’re CGI’ing the dwarves after the negative response to the original images?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162May 7, 2024 4:40 AM

Sorry, early 2025. It was originally opening March of 2024 but now will open March 2025.

by Anonymousreply 1October 27, 2023 6:57 PM

Interesting……

by Anonymousreply 2October 27, 2023 6:59 PM

Snow White and the seven dudes she ran into while shoplifting in Portland.

by Anonymousreply 3October 27, 2023 7:01 PM

“First Look” as if they didn’t give us a different “First Look” months ago. I guess everyone has amnesia. Disney is trying to save the film after all the pushback against the casting of the seven dwarfs. They pushed it back over a year to probably do reshoots etc.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4October 27, 2023 7:03 PM

What were those negative responses about? What's wrong with those dwarves?

by Anonymousreply 5October 27, 2023 7:03 PM

Whoa! Disney is casting a white actress as the lead? The yung’ens aren’t gonna like this! Now they won’t be able to cram 150 social justice messages into this movie.

by Anonymousreply 6October 27, 2023 7:07 PM

R5 the original seven “dwarfs”. They got tons of pushback and hate for it. Now it looks like they’re reshooting and CGI’ing the dwarfs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7October 27, 2023 7:07 PM

R6 she’s Hispanic and there has been hate for her casting all over the internet. We aren’t gonna pretend like Republicans view her as white. They don’t.

by Anonymousreply 8October 27, 2023 7:08 PM

R8 Actaully she’s half white and half Colombian. So the Colombian side could be white too. Either way, someone will be pissed. Either she’s not white enough, or not Latin enough.

by Anonymousreply 9October 27, 2023 7:11 PM

She’s Hispanic. R9. Even if you’re “white” Hispanic, you’re different to most white people. The constant rewriting of history needs to stop.

by Anonymousreply 10October 27, 2023 7:12 PM

R10

Quote[Even if you’re “white” Hispanic, you’re different to most white people.]

Can you explain how this is? Some white people, speak English, some white people speak German, some white people speak Polish, some white people speak Spanish. Lol, I don’t know what it is with Americans that they want racial division SO badly.

by Anonymousreply 11October 27, 2023 7:17 PM

^ damn I messed up my quote

by Anonymousreply 12October 27, 2023 7:17 PM

r11 I think he meant that they're seen (and treated) differently by white Americans. Obviously they're white people, just like Italians and Greeks, we are not having this debate.

by Anonymousreply 13October 27, 2023 7:19 PM

She's off white.

by Anonymousreply 14October 27, 2023 7:19 PM

R14 which is ironic given it’s Snow White (ie, VERY white!)

by Anonymousreply 15October 27, 2023 7:20 PM

She's box office poison.

by Anonymousreply 16October 27, 2023 7:21 PM

Hence why there were a lot of mad MAGAts.

by Anonymousreply 17October 27, 2023 7:21 PM

R8, Zegler also comes off as almost a parody of the worst traits ascribed to Gen Z. The producers of the Hunger Games prequel are probably relieved that the strike means that she doesn't have to be front and center on the press tour, because she would be out there saying some truly stupid shit.

Even people who are completely aligned with her political views find her annoying, strident and tone-deaf.

by Anonymousreply 18October 27, 2023 7:25 PM

They’re OFF WHITE. Having light skin doesn’t equal Anglo.

by Anonymousreply 19October 27, 2023 7:27 PM

How does this even still qualify as a live action if it’s half CGI? These movies just got even more pointless.

by Anonymousreply 20October 27, 2023 7:50 PM

R20 don’t most of them use CGI?

by Anonymousreply 21October 27, 2023 7:57 PM

You CANNOT object to a sneering Latinx engaged in cultural appropriation. The media will call you racist.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22October 27, 2023 7:58 PM

Exactly. A lot of white people have been making racist remarks toward her. That’s why I get upset when people like the one upthread say “she’s just white”. Please. We’ve always been treated as different and dealt with racist bullshit at the hands of white Americans but now in 2023 we are supposed to just claim we are “white”.

The only reason they started that was to boost white population numbers.

by Anonymousreply 23October 27, 2023 8:02 PM

Snow White-Adjacent

by Anonymousreply 24October 27, 2023 8:05 PM

OP I thought that was Queen Rania of Jordan and her token Advisory Board.

by Anonymousreply 25October 27, 2023 8:16 PM

Ziegler is so hated that they're probably trying to get some distance from her ridiculous comments.

After the Little Mermaid fiasco, they don't want to have another money loser live action adaptation.

People hate her for her smug attitude. They despise her more than they hated Brie Larson.

by Anonymousreply 26October 27, 2023 8:20 PM

Mixed her up with Ortega. Not because of ethnicity but because both are Gen Z virtue signalling agitators who think they know it all.

by Anonymousreply 27October 27, 2023 8:58 PM

[quote]Mixed her up with Ortega. Not because of ethnicity but because both are Gen Z virtue signalling agitators who think they know it all.

They're both insufferable and can see where you'd be confused.

The key difference is that Ortega actually seems like she could develop into a decent actress. Ziegler is just awful in everything, but keeps being cast because she somehow fooled Spielberg and everyone just keeps thinking she must be good because she got X high profile part.

by Anonymousreply 28October 27, 2023 9:05 PM

OP- That's because of woke rebranding they had to change the name to Snow White and The Seven Little People.

by Anonymousreply 29October 27, 2023 9:07 PM

Nightmare fuel.

by Anonymousreply 30October 27, 2023 9:28 PM

Ortega is a really bad actress overall and can only play one character type.

by Anonymousreply 31October 27, 2023 10:56 PM

[quote] You CANNOT object to a sneering Latinx engaged in cultural appropriation

Let’s not use the word “Latinx”.

by Anonymousreply 32October 28, 2023 11:08 AM

Ortega? Like the salsa?

by Anonymousreply 33October 28, 2023 12:12 PM

It’s hilarious that descendants of European colonisers are described as anything other than white.

Spain and Portugal were absolutely brutal in their conquests over South American indigenous people.

by Anonymousreply 34October 28, 2023 12:23 PM

Snow Brown

by Anonymousreply 35October 28, 2023 12:35 PM

I’m Latino and my birth certificate says “White” under race. Latino/Hispanic is an ethnicity, not race.

But anyway… This chick is so unlikable, if they’re pushing the movie back to switch to CGI dwarfs, they might as well recast her.

Her Hunger Games prequel is about to go down in flames.

by Anonymousreply 36October 28, 2023 1:34 PM

Now that the dwarves have been whitewashed and built with AI, the only thing racists have left is lead actress to pick apart.

by Anonymousreply 37October 28, 2023 2:10 PM

[quote] It’s hilarious that descendants of European colonisers are described as anything other than white. Spain and Portugal were absolutely brutal in their conquests over South American indigenous people.

Colonizers are the only bad guys. All other cultures were peaceful with no weapons, wars or violence against each other. No warriors. No funny stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 28, 2023 2:18 PM

Have any of you actually been to Colombia? Many of the people from there are Afro-Colombians, and their physical appearance makes that very clear. "Colombians are white" is an inaccurate statement, and one that many Colombians would be insulted to hear.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39October 28, 2023 2:19 PM

R34 is another keyboard warrior who thinks if they work “white” into a reply, they’re winning.

Mentioning events from ~500 years ago and assuming all current Latino people are white is preposterous.

by Anonymousreply 40October 28, 2023 2:49 PM

[quote]The only reason they started that was to boost white population numbers.

Wrong.

"More Hispanics Declaring Themselves White"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41October 28, 2023 3:19 PM

[quote] I’m Latino and my birth certificate says “White” under race. Latino/Hispanic is an ethnicity, not race.

This is a political designation and has no "scientific" basis. In the 50s and 60s, Latinos wanted to be counted as white in a bid to end segregation in schools, among other things. Latino interest groups pushed for this change.

by Anonymousreply 42October 28, 2023 3:22 PM

[quote] [R34] is another keyboard warrior who thinks if they work “white” into a reply, they’re winning. Mentioning events from ~500 years ago and assuming all current Latino people are white is preposterous.

Do you think Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem and Cristano Ronaldo are anything other than white Europeans?

by Anonymousreply 43October 28, 2023 3:30 PM

I’m not surprised. No rush to see a nasty version of a beloved animated Walt Disney classic

by Anonymousreply 44October 28, 2023 3:31 PM

There are Americans so fucking stupid they think Spaniards aren't Caucasian.

by Anonymousreply 45October 28, 2023 3:33 PM

R36 what birth certificate do you have that says that???

by Anonymousreply 46October 28, 2023 3:56 PM

Just because a country is in Europe doesn’t mean they’re pure white, the same way a country being in Africa doesn’t mean they are pure black. I get frustrated with how some people will speak of “Middle Eastern” folk as if they’re the same as the Chinese or Japanese simply because they’re in Asia. They're from the same continent but very different. If you travel Africa the North Africans look VERY DIFFERENT than the South Africans, and Eastern Europe is very different than the majority of Europe.

If you know anything about Spain, Italy or Greece you know a lot of their people are very mixed and most are Mediterranean. Italians were considered Latin, even in Europe, not Caucasian, for many many years.

We have diluted what white is so much that now we call full brown people white simply because they aren’t black. Latin was always its own race until recent years in the states (it’s still one in Europe) and the only reason it was removed was because the white population has gone down so much that they need the Latin/Hispanics to boost their numbers. Without them they’re just 60% of the population now.

The idea that the world is made up completely of 2-3 races is bizarre to me. A world of close to 9 billion people but only 2-3 races? It’s not realistic.

We are at a point where we are calling this white. This has NEVER been considered white until recently and no, they aren’t white just because they aren’t black. They’re mestizo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47October 28, 2023 4:07 PM

R47 those people are not considered white in the US. By anyone.

The census used to have "Latino" or "White Hispanic," but they dropped "White Hispanic" in recent years and are just lumping all Latinos together regardless of skin color, but NOT with Caucasians as you are implying.

by Anonymousreply 48October 28, 2023 4:23 PM

[quote]Latin was always its own race until recent years in the states (it’s still one in Europe) and the only reason it was removed was because the white population has gone down so much that they need the Latin/Hispanics to boost their numbers. Without them they’re just 60% of the population now.

60% White is still a great majority compared to 19% Latino, 13% Black, 6% Asian, 2% Other.

Remember, there are divisions among the minorities, but most American whites would band together "for the greater good."

by Anonymousreply 49October 28, 2023 4:28 PM

R48 actually, they are now. Because of retards like you who took Latin/Hispanic off the census as a race. Now they’re under white.

by Anonymousreply 50October 28, 2023 4:32 PM

R49 ok? I’m a brown man and I’m majority white dna. But I have brown skin and am 28% black also. I would be considered black before white despite me being majority white. This is why race is fucked in the states. In the UK “Mixed Race” is on their census. We don’t have that.

by Anonymousreply 51October 28, 2023 4:33 PM

Rita Moreno, Catherine Zeta Jones, Ariana du Bose - three latinx actors who won Oscars for musicals.

by Anonymousreply 52October 28, 2023 4:37 PM

Latinx isn’t a real term. Stop being ridiculous. You lie about your age all the time but fail to realize some of the terms you use expose you.

by Anonymousreply 53October 28, 2023 4:38 PM

Catherine Zeta Jones is Welsh

by Anonymousreply 54October 28, 2023 4:39 PM

[Quote] Do you think Penelope Cruz, Javier Bardem and Cristano Ronaldo are anything other than white Europeans?

You were talking about Latin American people. Zero clue why you are bringing up actors from Spain born 400-500 years later.

by Anonymousreply 55October 28, 2023 4:44 PM

It simply beggars belief that in 2023 we are still so hung up on the color of someone's skin, which is solely based on the intensity of sunlight in the geographical region from which their ancestors originated.

Same could be said for elevating heteronormative love and marriage, rationalizing promiscuity between heterosexuals while invalidating and shunning the exact same behaviors in homosexuals, including authentic commitment and deep abiding love between same sex couples.

It would be fair to say that the human species is by and large in it's upteenth seasion of a TV adaptation of Mean Girls or Heathers. Cliques, in-crowds, status, xenophobia. Judging others based on factors outside of their control. The gate-keepers in both cases typically being rich straight white people.

Ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 56October 28, 2023 4:46 PM

[quote]Italians were considered Latin, even in Europe, not Caucasian, for many many years.

That is not true.

You are confusing Anglo Saxon and Caucasian.

by Anonymousreply 57October 28, 2023 5:00 PM

I miss this site wasn’t a fucking 4chan hellhole

Can’t you all just go and masturbate or shoot up a cinema or something

by Anonymousreply 58October 28, 2023 5:13 PM

[quote]Catherine Zeta Jones is Welsh

She's Hispanic!

by Anonymousreply 59October 28, 2023 5:16 PM

Most importantly, she’s 29 years old!

by Anonymousreply 60October 28, 2023 5:21 PM

[quote] I miss this site wasn’t a fucking 4chan hellhole

I miss it when half the posters weren't running around accusing everyone of being MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 61October 28, 2023 5:24 PM

Catherine Zeta Jones is a Welsh Latinx - that's how she got the roles in Traffik, Zorro, Cocaine Godmother and Christopher Columbus: The Discovery.

by Anonymousreply 62October 28, 2023 5:31 PM

R57 only it is true. Italians were Latin in America

by Anonymousreply 63October 28, 2023 5:33 PM

R62 she’s Welsh. Welsh Latin isn’t a thing. Idiot. And Latinx isn’t a thing. RETARD.

by Anonymousreply 64October 28, 2023 5:34 PM

But how did Catherine Zeta Jones get cast in Zorro if she's Welsh and not Hispanic?

She wouldn't get cast as as the sister of Violet Davies

by Anonymousreply 65October 28, 2023 5:42 PM

They’re not dwarves, they’ve magical creatures.

by Anonymousreply 66October 28, 2023 5:49 PM

[quote]only it is true. Italians were Latin in America

The US census has included race since inception. Italians were always listed as caucasian.

By the way Europe's Latin countries are Spain, Portugal, France, Romania, Italy and Malta.

by Anonymousreply 67October 28, 2023 5:49 PM

They’re not letting Prince Charming kiss her because it’s rape.

by Anonymousreply 68October 28, 2023 5:50 PM

[quote]By the way Europe's Latin countries are Spain, Portugal, France, Romania, Italy and Malta.

OMG Celine Dion is Latina?

by Anonymousreply 69October 28, 2023 5:55 PM

At one time, the entire continent of Europe spoke Latin.

by Anonymousreply 70October 28, 2023 5:56 PM

R65 it’s called ACTING. Jesus. You don’t have to actually be Hispanic to play one. Al Pacino isn’t Cuban either but he still played one. That’s ACTING.

I really don’t get how you come on here 23/7 with a non-functioning brain.

by Anonymousreply 71October 28, 2023 6:05 PM

France is not a part of the Latin countries.

by Anonymousreply 72October 28, 2023 6:06 PM

It's disgusting Rachel Zegler isn't allowed to play Snow White because she's Welsh.

by Anonymousreply 73October 28, 2023 6:07 PM

R72 You are wrong. It most certainly is.

by Anonymousreply 74October 28, 2023 6:09 PM

“Latinx” is offensive to the beautiful, gendered Spanish language.

by Anonymousreply 75October 28, 2023 6:28 PM

As a Latino, I deplore the Latinx nomer, made up by English-speaking University snobs who think redefining everything is a stroke of brilliance.

by Anonymousreply 76October 28, 2023 6:38 PM

I find it so bizarre the way that the United States treats the whole Latino categorization. Your race/ethnicity is whatever it is. If you are white, you will always be white. If you’re black, you’ll always be black, if you are east Asian, you will always be east Asian. It doesn’t matter which country/culture/language you plop yourself down into, your race does not change. In Brazil there are white people, black people, indigenous people, and people who are a mix of any or all of those. But they are still Brazilian.

by Anonymousreply 77October 28, 2023 6:50 PM

American categorization of “Latino” is very fucked up.

Consider Pope Francis…a white man of Italian descent who is a native of Argentina and whose native language is Spanish. He’s as white as can be, yet is considered “Latino”.

Same with Gisele Bundchen, a white woman of German descent who is a native Brazilian and Portuguese speaker. Clearly German-Caucasian yet considered “Latino”.

by Anonymousreply 78October 28, 2023 9:45 PM

That AOC woman looks like an Aldi checkout assistant from Belgium.

by Anonymousreply 79October 28, 2023 10:09 PM

[quote] Consider Pope Francis…a white man of Italian descent who is a native of Argentina and whose native language is Spanish. He’s as white as can be, yet is considered “Latino”.

Latino doesn't really mean anything concrete. It's used mostly in the US to refer to anyone whose native language is either Spanish or Portuguese but it's also attributed to the race that has at least some traces of indigenous blood. So you have White Hispanics and indigenous people and Portuguese people and people mixed with Back and everyone in between falling into that category. But you don't have Italians, French and Romanians, whose language also derives from Latin, in the group because God knows, Americans don't know shit about the world and its history.

by Anonymousreply 80October 28, 2023 10:23 PM

This thread is sooo off topic, but I thought Latino/Latina means from Latin America. You can be white, black, native American etc and be from Latin America or be descendant from a Latino person. You have people whose native language is Spanish or Portuguese, but they are European and not Latino.

by Anonymousreply 81October 28, 2023 10:33 PM

How many of you had ever even heard the term "white hispanic" until Trayvon Martin died trying to murder George Zimmermann. Going by the name the media was certain they had a racist white guy killing a poor defenseless little black child but when they learned Zimmermann was Hispanic they suddenly began underlining WHITE Hispanic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 28, 2023 10:34 PM

Thing is George Zimmerman isn’t a white man. That was a foolish thing to begin with.

by Anonymousreply 83October 28, 2023 10:42 PM

White in modern day means not black. We label anyone not black white in America. Why? To boost their population numbers. Realistically they aren’t WHITE.

by Anonymousreply 84October 28, 2023 10:43 PM

What if it actually turns out completely awesome against the expectations of everyone in the known universe

by Anonymousreply 85October 28, 2023 10:52 PM

Without being prompted how many people even remember there was a West Side Story remake

by Anonymousreply 86October 28, 2023 10:57 PM

George Zimmerman is not white. Look at him.

by Anonymousreply 87October 28, 2023 11:48 PM

[quote]It's used mostly in the US to refer to anyone whose native language is either Spanish or Portuguese

So does that mean white Europeans like Penelope Cruz and Antonio Banderas are “Latino”?? Why only people from Spain but not other Latin countries like Italy and France?

by Anonymousreply 88October 28, 2023 11:49 PM

If anyone should be called some made-up term like “Latino”, it should be Italians…who live in the birthplace of the Latin language.

by Anonymousreply 89October 28, 2023 11:51 PM

R82 In popular American popular culture there have always been Hispanic people who were white and considered to be white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90October 29, 2023 12:14 AM

^sorry for the typo.

by Anonymousreply 91October 29, 2023 12:16 AM

Lmao Hispanic and Latin are not American created terms. They exist elsewhere too. The fact that RETARD (no job, no education, lives off his mother still) has you believing that is hysterical.

by Anonymousreply 92October 29, 2023 12:22 AM

R92 Not American created but the way they're used interchangeably and incorrectly is purely American.

by Anonymousreply 93October 29, 2023 12:57 AM

Irene Cara played Snow White. No joke. In the late 80's, Filmation made a move to start a series of animated theatrical features to compete with Disney and Don Bluth. The company went bankrupt just a few films in after several of those films, including a Pinocchio sequel and a then in-production sequel to the Snow White fairy tale, ended up facing legal action when Disney felt Filmation was incorporating elements Disney had created. The Cara film was released four years or so after it was finished and featured other DL faves Zsa Zsa Gabor, Carol Channing, Tracy Ullman, Dom Deluise, along with the shittiest animation outside Hanna Barbera. Oh--and a rapping owl.

by Anonymousreply 94October 29, 2023 4:01 AM

Pretty sure Snow White should be white. Just a hunch.

by Anonymousreply 95October 29, 2023 4:05 AM

Enjoy the original non-white Snow White, bitches!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96October 29, 2023 4:06 AM

R94 are you speaking about Happily Ever After? It was promoted as a sequel to the OG Snow White. It was released in the early 90s but made in 1989.

My parents took my sister and me to see it.

by Anonymousreply 97October 29, 2023 4:07 AM

They should've made her an albino.

THAT would've shut everybody up

by Anonymousreply 98October 29, 2023 4:07 AM

R96 only she is white. Stupid comment. Irene Cara is voicing her. The cartoon is white though. Retard.

by Anonymousreply 99October 29, 2023 4:07 AM

Off to the Real of Doom with you, bitch R99.

by Anonymousreply 100October 29, 2023 4:45 AM

Italians= POC.

by Anonymousreply 101November 1, 2023 9:13 PM

Why can't they get Dylan Mulvaney to play Snow White? Is Dylan Latinx?

by Anonymousreply 102November 1, 2023 9:17 PM

Snow POC

by Anonymousreply 103November 1, 2023 9:42 PM

[quote]Is Dylan Latinx?

No, it's Irish

by Anonymousreply 104November 1, 2023 9:44 PM

R103 Yellow snow?

by Anonymousreply 105November 3, 2023 2:23 AM

What. Adult. Actually. Gives. A. Fuck. About. A. New. Snow. White. Movie. ???

by Anonymousreply 106November 3, 2023 4:38 AM

Disappointed Disney shareholders

by Anonymousreply 107November 3, 2023 4:40 AM

Snow White's collapse is now complete, she'll never be Cinderella.

by Anonymousreply 108November 3, 2023 10:56 AM

Catherine Zeta Jones should play a new Disney princess called Zeta! The story of beautiful young welsh latinx princess who drinks a love potion and becomes ageless

by Anonymousreply 109November 3, 2023 11:17 AM

This delayed release definitely smacks of reshoots and retooling, just like what happened to Artemis Fowl.

by Anonymousreply 110November 3, 2023 11:24 AM

Snore White!

by Anonymousreply 111November 3, 2023 2:51 PM

R110 yes. I was reading an article that mentioned that they pushed it back one year to give them plenty of time to be able to do re-shoots. The images that were originally released did not go over well, and I don’t think Disney wants another flop on their hands

by Anonymousreply 112November 3, 2023 2:57 PM

This will flop regardless. They’ve already lost the flyover states.

Someone needs to put an end to these live action remakes. I read on here that Bambi is next? What the literal fuck?

by Anonymousreply 113November 3, 2023 3:44 PM

[quote]This will flop regardless.

The stunt casting of having a brownish skinned actress play the role of a character named Snow White ( "her skin was white as snow" ) is not going to go over well.

by Anonymousreply 114November 3, 2023 4:15 PM

I love the people on here who will argue “BUT SHE IS A WHITE LATINA!” To many white people a white hispanic/latin is still different than them. This casting has proven that with all the comments on social media from white people denouncing her casting and her receiving hateful comments from white people.

Snow White is supposed to have skin as white as snow. And are we supposed to believe Gal Gadot is envious of Rachel Zegler’s beauty?

by Anonymousreply 115November 3, 2023 4:34 PM

On top of that the original seven dwarfs not being dwarfs and random people didn’t go over well. And the whole feminist angle didn’t either, not even with liberals. They changed the ending so that Snow White doesn’t need the Prince.

by Anonymousreply 116November 3, 2023 4:35 PM

R115, at least it isn't as bad as the Snow White movie where Charlize Theron was jealous of Kristen Stewart's beauty.

Finding anyone who could compare to Charlize is a daunting task, but even at her most presentable Stewart doesn't come remotely close.

by Anonymousreply 117November 3, 2023 4:52 PM

Who has nostalgia for SNOW WHITE!? Those people died in the 70s.

by Anonymousreply 118November 3, 2023 5:01 PM

Les there be any confusion...

The term 'Hispanic' describes someone who is from a Spanish-speaking country. For example, Spain and most of Latin America and the Caribbean. 'Hispanic' excludes Brazil, because Portuguese is the country's primary language.

On the other hand, 'Latino' is a geographic term and refers to a person from Latin America. This includes Brazil but excludes Spain.

Thus, Colombians are both 'Hispanic' and 'Latino,' Spaniards are 'Hispanic' but not 'Latino,' and Brazilians are 'Latino' but not 'Hispanic.'

In short...

'Hispanic' = Spanish-speaker

'Latino' -- Latin American

by Anonymousreply 119November 3, 2023 5:01 PM

[quote]Thus, Colombians are both 'Hispanic' and 'Latino,' Spaniards are 'Hispanic' but not 'Latino,' and Brazilians are 'Latino' but not 'Hispanic.'

Yes, but are they WHITE??

by Anonymousreply 120November 3, 2023 5:05 PM

Bob Iger should play the Evil Queen in the new remake of the remake.

by Anonymousreply 121November 3, 2023 5:07 PM

R119 almost. Hispanic is a Spanish speaking person of Latin American descent.

An Irish person who speaks Spanish isn’t Hispanic.

by Anonymousreply 122November 3, 2023 5:07 PM

Of Latin descent. Latin American in America.

by Anonymousreply 123November 3, 2023 5:08 PM

[quote]Who has nostalgia for SNOW WHITE!? Those people died in the 70s.

If the film were done with a properly cast, beautiful actress...one we would want to spend time looking at.... 7 comic actors who are actual dwarves ...a genuinely handsome masculine prince...a campy witch.... a plot infused with romance and a lush melodic score, the film could be a massive hit. Not everything has to be "progressive" and multicultural.

by Anonymousreply 124November 3, 2023 5:29 PM

Ummm millions upon millions of kids from all generations grew up watching Snow White. The film is a classic.

by Anonymousreply 125November 3, 2023 5:33 PM

R124 So true!

THIS is how the live-action remake should have been handled. Fleshing out the story but staying true to the characters and fairy tale/film.

Back in 1979-1980, this stage musical adaptation of the Disney film was mounted at Radio City Hall and later went on tour. It was also recorded and televised on HBO (see below).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126November 3, 2023 5:59 PM

[quote][R115], at least it isn't as bad as the Snow White movie where Charlize Theron was jealous of Kristen Stewart's beauty.

What beauty?

by Anonymousreply 127November 3, 2023 9:13 PM

Snow Trans and the 7 Cis Women

Laverne Cox as Snow Trans, Elliot Page as Prince Charming, with Jamie Lee Curtis as the Evil Terf Queen

by Anonymousreply 128November 3, 2023 9:17 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129November 4, 2023 2:19 AM

Who did she sleep with to get to where she's at? She definitely has hit the casting couch based on how fast she's risen. People are acting like she's the next big thing but she only has 1.3 million followers on social media. Her follow up to west side story have been supporting role in a dc d list superhero sequel, a reboot to a ya franchise that people lost interest in before final installment and a disney remake no one asked for. Dl faves like zachary levi, asher angel, Jack grazer and ross butler who were all in shazam have bigger social followings then her. Jenna ortega will be a huge star and zegler will flame out in 5 years and will be a c lister like the rest of the cast of shazam.

by Anonymousreply 130November 4, 2023 3:37 AM

She's no Rita Moreno, I'll tell you that!

by Anonymousreply 131November 4, 2023 3:47 AM

This is the kiss of death for this abortion of a movie.

by Anonymousreply 132November 4, 2023 3:49 AM

[quote] Not everything has to be "progressive" and multicultural.

YES IT DOES !

by Anonymousreply 133November 4, 2023 4:15 AM

All of the white academics and fat chicks with blue hair seem to backing off “Latinix,” thankfully.

by Anonymousreply 134November 4, 2023 6:30 AM

Latinx is an insult to Latinos everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 135November 5, 2023 12:28 AM

I wonder if there would have been such a brouhaha had Rita Hayworth or Lynda Carter played any of these Goddamn Disney princesses.

by Anonymousreply 136November 5, 2023 12:30 AM

Probably not...because during the eras of Rita Hayworth and Lynda Carter, there wasn't an industry-wide agenda to cast white characters with POC actors like there is today.

by Anonymousreply 137November 5, 2023 12:34 AM

[quote] I read on here that Bambi is next

A woke Bambi will probbaly have Bambi's mother sitting down with the hunters and logically persuading them to become vegetarians

[quote] I wonder if there would have been such a brouhaha had Rita Hayworth or Lynda Carter

Rita Hayworth today would be cancelled for reconstructing herself from a LatinX into a white woman.

If Irish Maureen o'Hara could play a gypsy opposite The Hunchback of Notre Dame I think Lynda could as well.

by Anonymousreply 138November 5, 2023 12:40 AM

R138 Rita Hayworth was a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 139November 5, 2023 12:46 AM

She was a dark-haired Mediterranean-looking woman named Margarita Cansino until she became a redhead and changed her name to Rita Hayworth. Yes she was white, but she made a deliberate effort to "Americanize" herself.

by Anonymousreply 140November 5, 2023 1:07 AM

[quote] Yes she was white, but she made a deliberate effort to "Americanize" herself.

What an artificial cunt.

by Anonymousreply 141November 5, 2023 1:49 AM

[quote]She was a dark-haired Mediterranean-looking woman named Margarita Cansino until she became a redhead and changed her name to Rita Hayworth. Yes she was white, but she made a deliberate effort to "Americanize" herself.

She was a white woman.

by Anonymousreply 142November 5, 2023 1:50 AM

Bernadette Lazzara also changed her last name and died her hair red and became Bernadette Peters.

by Anonymousreply 143November 5, 2023 1:56 AM

Was this image created in Midjourney?

by Anonymousreply 144November 5, 2023 2:11 AM

BTW R140 the name Margarita Cansino is a white name.

by Anonymousreply 145November 5, 2023 3:15 AM

Young Rita (pre transformation) and her dad

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146November 5, 2023 4:06 AM

[quote]If the film were done with a properly cast, beautiful actress...one we would want to spend time looking at.... 7 comic actors who are actual dwarves ...a genuinely handsome masculine prince...a campy witch.... a plot infused with romance and a lush melodic score, the film could be a massive hit.

It really is that simple. And it's exactly what Hollywood would have done until fairly recently. Why are they being so stubborn and not going back to a tried-and-true formula that works? That's what confounds me.

by Anonymousreply 147November 5, 2023 7:43 AM

Because woke, R147

by Anonymousreply 148November 5, 2023 8:59 AM

Rita Hayworth was black.

by Anonymousreply 149November 5, 2023 2:37 PM

Well, if Paris Jackson can say she’s black, why can’t Rita Hayworth?

by Anonymousreply 150November 5, 2023 2:50 PM

Trivia: Rita Hayworth had a goodlooking gay grandson who did amateur porn, who unfortunately died in 2011.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 5, 2023 3:05 PM

Did anyone link to an article explaining the delay? I skimmed the thread, but I don't really feel like wading through 150 retarded comments on race in the US.

by Anonymousreply 152November 5, 2023 4:20 PM

[quote] The woke mob’s assault on Snow White

This kind of thing makes me despair for the future.

Totally obsessed with the depiction of fucking dwarves in a live action fantasy. Ready to take DIRECT ACTION! Commit terrorism if need be!

We’re overrun with gun violence, people are trying to disenfranchise voters and establish a one party rightwing strongman state, we have “pay a fortune or die” healthcare, and the climate is right on the lip of catastrophe. Thats all totally fine!

But DON’T FUCK WITH MY DWARVES, “woke mob!”

by Anonymousreply 153November 5, 2023 4:35 PM

The Left have become killjoy iconoclasts who relish in destroying cherished characters, traditions, institutions, etc.

Basically, anything that has ever brought people comfort and joy.

by Anonymousreply 154November 5, 2023 4:43 PM

[quote] But DON’T FUCK WITH MY DWARVES, “woke mob!

It's all connected.

by Anonymousreply 155November 5, 2023 7:23 PM

Apparently, the backlash has started.

She was just fired from Paddington III.

by Anonymousreply 156November 6, 2023 10:45 PM

Would it kill you to provide a link r156?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 157November 6, 2023 11:19 PM

If this movie turns out to be crap, it won’t be due to the ancestry of the actress in the lead role, or because the dwarves are CGIs, but because Greta Gerwig is given too much control over the screenplay. Maybe there’s nothing to worry over there, though: supposedly, according to her, she only did a couple of weeks worth of work on the project, writing some jokes. We’ll see…

by Anonymousreply 158May 7, 2024 2:58 AM

Only on DL would there be 158 responses to a post about a Snow White movie...

by Anonymousreply 159May 7, 2024 3:02 AM

Not true r159. It was huge on Reddit.

by Anonymousreply 160May 7, 2024 3:10 AM

But is Catherine Zeta Jones a Welsh latina? And is it similar to being a Norwegian Catholic?

by Anonymousreply 161May 7, 2024 3:11 AM

If there was a way to screw up a Disney asset Bob Iger or Kathleen Kennedy could find it

by Anonymousreply 162May 7, 2024 4:40 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!