Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Real Housewives of Potomac Season 8 - Premieres November 5 🌸

The ladies partying at a drag show is quite appropriate considering most of them style themselves as such 🤣

Ashley is STILL married to Michael??? Candyass still wants to rip her head off

Robyn is a sad case, holding on to that asshole Juan who continues to treat her like garbage

Wendy must be infuriated that the new housewife is a low rent version of herself, but Bravo wouldn't have it any other way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108April 21, 2024 10:31 PM

How massively embarrassing that you actually watch this garbage. What a sad waste of time. Please elevate yourself.

by Anonymousreply 1September 29, 2023 11:13 AM

[quote]And Apollo is no stranger to DL dudebooty fuckin, according to some. More of top than bottom.

The last reply on Season 7's thread 😁

Lets be sure to end this one with one with the same comment about Gizelle's new man!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2September 29, 2023 11:30 AM

Well we didn't see this coming (eyeroll)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 3, 2023 10:40 PM

Has anyone seen the Gizzard's tequila?

by Anonymousreply 4October 4, 2023 12:03 AM

Yasssss tonight is the night

by Anonymousreply 5November 5, 2023 10:57 PM

OMG the amount of makeup and face fillers this season is astounding. Like 10 pounds of makeup even at home and dropping off the kids at school lol. Kurn could barely move her face at lunch. Ashley is the only one who looks semi natural

by Anonymousreply 6November 6, 2023 12:44 AM

"Did you see my rental purse? Look--it doesn't just have its own seat, it has a BOOSTER seat so you can't miss that YSL nameplate!! Did I say, 'rental'? I mean, 'new'. I have lots of YSL purses. Hundreds."

by Anonymousreply 7November 6, 2023 1:25 AM

Mia downsized from 10,000 sq ft to 1,500 sq ft? Couldn't have happened to anyone more deserving. At least she won't need to use her mother for a storyline this season. She has sufficient.

by Anonymousreply 8November 6, 2023 1:46 AM

Did Gordon lose his money? We all know that was the only reason she was with him in the first place.

I don’t believe for a second that Robyn and Juan are in a real relationship. She isn’t that stupid. They’re probably together for the kids and to give her a storyline.

Gizelle’s new man is gorgeous, but he’s going to cheat on her. He’s too young and hot for her. I guess the old and rusty looking ex didn’t work for her either though.

by Anonymousreply 9November 6, 2023 8:21 PM

I agree that Robyn and Juan have essentially a business partnership. I'm not convinced that Robyn is 100% straight. But there's no way she'd ever come out, so Juan serves a purpose.

by Anonymousreply 10November 6, 2023 9:25 PM

r10 I don't know who seems more bi, Robyn or Ashley! Robyn got on my last nerve last season, but there is no denying she looks great. I also don't believe she is sitting at home suffering while Juan is out paying for random hotel rooms. She's just not an idiot like Juan.

Gizzy also seems less miserable now that she has a man who actually pays her some mind!

by Anonymousreply 11November 6, 2023 10:52 PM

Isn't Gizelle's young bf on Winter House or one of those shows? It looks like a Bravo crossover set up. Robyn is most definitely bi. Chris and Candiace and Wendy/Happy Eddie seem like the most legit couples. Did Charisse lose weight? She looked thinner but not OZEMPIC skinny. Maybe it's hormones?

by Anonymousreply 12November 6, 2023 11:13 PM

I think Charisse lost weight after seeing herself on TV last season. She was like Kenya Moore who gained a lot of weight during the pandemic.

😁 The visual when Gizzy's BF leaned his head back to be fed 😛🍆

by Anonymousreply 13November 7, 2023 1:13 AM

This episode was pretty great. I don't think Gizelle's relationship is real. They have buddy vibes. Also, what were all those swampy jungle plants lining Giselle's driveway? It couldn't be bamboo, could it?

by Anonymousreply 14November 7, 2023 1:37 AM

Im still not understanding why Ashley couldn't buy her own home. I guess its good that Michael is sponsoring the home his boys are raised in? She makes it sound like she is still financially dependent on him for a lot of things. I would think after being on TV for eight years, she could financially make a clean break from him, aside from child support.

by Anonymousreply 15November 7, 2023 2:08 AM

I don’t think Ashley or any parent should be letting their little ones climb up on a kitchen counter but I was touched by how the older brother was helping the younger brother up.

by Anonymousreply 16November 7, 2023 2:12 AM

Ashley's kids are adorable.

by Anonymousreply 17November 7, 2023 2:14 AM

Ashley's boys climbing on the kitchen counter also freaked me out. I would've swatted them down in 2 seconds

by Anonymousreply 18November 7, 2023 9:39 AM

The impression I have is that Michael co-signed the loan to enable her to get a mortgage/better interest rate, but that she's paying a substantial portion of the mortgage payments herself. Not that she's living there for free. Of course, I got that impression from Ashley herself, so...

by Anonymousreply 19November 7, 2023 12:22 PM

The first episode was a dud, I think production knows that this cast is struggling hence all the wacky editing.

Robyn is never going to leave Juan - I don’t think there’s anything left to say on the subject. The show has is many ways shifted from its original focus on Jack and Jill mom scene, but Robyn is still living there. She’s determined that her sons will have a father in the home and I think she still feels huge guilt about having lost all the NBA money and her priority is getting them back to where they once were financially.

Gizelle’s new Bravo utility player boyfriend seems about as real as her rekindled relationship with her ex a few years ago. I think Gizelle has basically retired from men, but she wants to have one to film with in order to not seem like an old lady and to have a semblance of a dynamic personal life storyline for the camera. He is really cute and seems like a nice guy, but he’s not her type at all. Gizelle likes big dark-skinned guys with swagger. I can’t imagine the sort of guy who makes homemade sushi genuinely turns her crank at all. I hope it doesn’t blow up in her face like Jamal did.

I have to admit I’m looking forward to watching Wendy making “I see on twitter that Catholicism is having a moment with the kids. Did you know that I am a rosary beads and transubstantiation girlie?” her new thing just in time for the new Nigerian housewife to come on the show for the sole purpose of accusing Wendy and her family of belonging to a caste of cursed witch doctors!

by Anonymousreply 20November 9, 2023 3:47 PM

r20 Im looking forward to the new cast member as well, I Iike Wendy but it's good TV when the other housewives come for her.

The opening episode of the season is normally boring.

Chris Bassett looks so old next to Candiace now, good lord. He needs to trim the beard back some. Also look forward to Ashley vs Candiace, AGAIN lol. They can't still be on the same shit as last year, at least find new beef!

by Anonymousreply 21November 9, 2023 10:01 PM

Candiace’s verbal attacks on Ashley crack me up. My favorite is still “this filthy milkmaid.”

by Anonymousreply 22November 9, 2023 10:10 PM

R21, I love how Wendy (ever the good A-student daughter of immigrant parents) starts every season having done her homework and prepared her oral report on what she is going to be for the season “Black excellence in academia”; “a baddie with body-ody-ody”; “an entrepreneuse who does restaurants now” and inevitably one of the other wives is like “oh really, bitch?” and then just spends the fist half of the season throwing monkey wrenches at Wendy’s self-narrative for kicks.

by Anonymousreply 23November 9, 2023 10:26 PM

She is deflecting without rejecting and reflecting or genuflecting how Juan's penis wrecked 'em.

by Anonymousreply 24November 10, 2023 5:20 AM

Robin is hiding in plain sight. She and (ugly) Juan have an arrangement. She is embarrassed. But she KNOWS he’s cheating. She just doesn’t care. But she has to act for the cameras. This is their only income after all. And she needs to afford her cheap home (you can tell by the windows and horrific landscaping. Plus the location.)

Mia is a bad a actress. And toast. I give her one more season. She’s not fun. And she is truly DIRT POOR. Who wants to watch her? And god is she fugly.

Candice is spending more than she earns to be a “star”. Her career will go nowhere. She will be divorced in two years. And lose it all once the show nosedives, as it will.

Gazelle is dating a homo. Come on. Helen Keller can see this. And her beastly daughters are in on it. They want to be celebrities too. And Gazelle has ZERO class and taste as evidenced by they haphazard home. I actually think she designed it herself or used a retarded architect. Plus the way she just plants bamboo in mud and throws down some brick thinking it’s pretty. A hideous home for a hideous creature.

Wendy is self loathing. And a black quarterback. Just gross.

Ashley is with a man who isn’t as rich as you think. Monument Realty goes up and down with the market. There’s no deep pockets there. And I think he sucks cock. She will be homeless as soon as the show ends.

Charisse. Wow. Talk about low self esteem. And she burned through her settlement. Fat. Fat. Fat. And so gross.

Karen: I actually like her but only because she’s the only one in on the joke. She knows what’s up. She flaunts it. Embraces it. And she’s good tv.

This franchise is just about broken. There’s no realness to any of the cities. It’s sad. The premise was good.

But, aside from Salt Lake, this show is the INCOME for these distressed dames.

by Anonymousreply 25November 12, 2023 10:20 AM

R25 God, you're a negative bitch. And you only like Kurn, I can just imagine how you think you're like her, two peas in a pod.

by Anonymousreply 26November 12, 2023 10:50 AM

r26, nothing I have written is untrue.

They’re pitiful creatures.

by Anonymousreply 27November 12, 2023 10:54 AM

[quote]Plus the way she just plants bamboo in mud and throws down some brick thinking it’s pretty. A hideous home for a hideous creature.

🤣 damn r25 = MONIQUE SAMUELS

Welp at least Jason doesn't have to worry about getting Gizzy pregnant, her transmission is dropped. He does give me a very faint vibe that he may get down tho

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28November 12, 2023 10:57 AM

Bravocon audience member shade THE FUCK out of Candiace 😂

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29November 12, 2023 11:00 AM

At least Monique was real.

Yeah, what she did was low rent behavior, but if TamRaT can return, why can’t Monique.

But let’s hope she just presents who she really is, not the “the title of it was way too long and amateurish” podcaster or whatever the fuck it was.

Like Robin (who’s not in denial but is pretending to be in denial so the fraus who are in denial can relate — you know, her people. The trash who buy her crappy products.

When the show goes, so does whatever success they got FROM THE SHOW.

And the franchise feels doomed. It’s actually boring.

by Anonymousreply 30November 12, 2023 1:19 PM

Face it, the show hasn't been the same since Moinque left

by Anonymousreply 31November 12, 2023 3:14 PM

I dislike the new housewife already.

by Anonymousreply 32November 13, 2023 12:31 AM

r23 totally called it, Wendy has revealed what she will be this season: the "talk show host"! 😁 I love that she is mixing it up for these otherwise uninspired housewives. Ashley has reprised her role as the central shit-stirrer

Juan is the biggest asshole ever. And I bet his bitch ass doesn't even appear on the reunion again. Like it's been said Robyn needs him to appear so she can exist on this show with a storyline.

by Anonymousreply 33November 13, 2023 2:00 AM

I can't get into this series. It seems like the fakest of all the fake housewives shows

by Anonymousreply 34November 13, 2023 2:44 AM

Did anyone watch. That idiot Robyn thinks Wendy’s mother put a curse on her. That MUST be what’s causing her problems, a hex-not the unemployed cheating asshole she remarried.

by Anonymousreply 35November 20, 2023 2:19 PM

This season is a dud. Boring Wendy needs to get the ax. Nobody cares about fake voodoo curses.

by Anonymousreply 36November 20, 2023 2:28 PM

I’m surprised that brought back Wendy and Mia—neither are interesting or fun to watch.

by Anonymousreply 37November 20, 2023 2:35 PM

Producers also shouldn't let Candiace not go to events where Ashley will be. I know she finally showed up last night at the second event but there's no drama without conflict and conflict can't happen outside butter knife-throwing distance. And yeah, Wendy and Mia both should be gone. And someone needs to piss off Kurn because vindictive Kurn is the best Kurn.

by Anonymousreply 38November 20, 2023 3:16 PM

It is sooo boring. This show is done.

by Anonymousreply 39November 22, 2023 9:50 PM

I agree. I think once it lost Monique, the show has never been the same since. Adding freakho Mia and now the thirsty new Nigerian girl put the final nail in the coffin. Not even the Grand Dame and her funny one-liners can save this shitshow. It's done!

by Anonymousreply 40November 22, 2023 11:37 PM

Not liking the new Nigerian girl. Too hotsy diddy for me. Something about the way she talks is very off putting.

by Anonymousreply 41November 23, 2023 12:20 AM

This was, at a time, my favorite of the RH shows but it seems to have gone as stale as the other ones.

by Anonymousreply 42November 23, 2023 2:09 AM

Class dynamics within the Black community were very much the unspoken through-line behind all the regular Housewives antics on Potomac during the Monique era. It was a much more interesting show back then.

by Anonymousreply 43November 23, 2023 2:29 AM

There needs to be a shakeup.

I feel like the producers are waiting for some dramatic split between Juan and Robyn, like a low income version of Miami’s Lisa and Lenny. She will never leave him.

Mia, and some combination of Robyn and Gizelle (either both of them or one of them) need to go. Mia is broke and a liar with a creepy husband. Robyn and Gizelle are never going to reveal themselves as long as they’re on the show together.

And the producers need to force Ashley and Candiace to film together. Ashley needs to tell that goblin ex-husband of hers to drop that lawsuit, and/or the producers need to tell Candiace to apologize, if that’s what needs to happen to put them in a room together.

by Anonymousreply 44November 23, 2023 2:53 AM

Love this show. Very glad that this new season is finally underway!

by Anonymousreply 45November 23, 2023 4:04 AM

It is obvious Robin is depressed and has an agreement with her cheating-ass husband. Either way, she looks like a tool and a fool.

by Anonymousreply 46November 23, 2023 4:10 AM

They’re not rich. Or interesting. Or worthy.

Who wants to watch a show about boring average housewives.

Even their homes are garbage. Ashley doesn’t live on the sea.

Mia is a joke. In so many ways.

Candiace is play acting as a real singer. Yeah, she and the “I Am Real” singer Simon (of S and Alex)

Gazelle is fat and lazy with ZERO taste.

Robin is a fraud liar.

Even Karen sucks this year.

The show now sucks.

And it’s not even filmed hardly in Potomac!

by Anonymousreply 47November 23, 2023 11:11 AM

[quote] And it’s not even filmed hardly in Potomac!

Honey, this isn't the Travel Channel. No one cares if the show is filmed IN Potomac. Or Surry County!

by Anonymousreply 48November 23, 2023 1:03 PM

Who's the queen who comes on here every week to talk about how boring the show is and how it's over. You're still here, aren't you?

by Anonymousreply 49November 23, 2023 6:54 PM

That tires queen has tinymeat, a huge forehead, and cankles.

by Anonymousreply 50November 23, 2023 7:31 PM

Kurn, Gizelle, Robin, Ashley were all great Housewives from the start. Candiace finally got there. (I said great HOUSEWIVES, not great PEOPLE!) Wendy and Mia will never be entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 51November 23, 2023 10:56 PM

I want to see Mia go through a ho stage. We all know it’s coming.

by Anonymousreply 52November 23, 2023 11:01 PM

R52 well showering with her best ladyfriend was a good start.

by Anonymousreply 53November 23, 2023 11:07 PM

Ashley loves a dress held up by titty tape and hope.

This season sucks.

by Anonymousreply 54December 4, 2023 3:08 AM

Yeah it’s hard to get much momentum going when most of the cast isn’t speaking to at least one or two of the others.

by Anonymousreply 55December 4, 2023 3:15 AM

Is Karen the only one speaking to everyone?

by Anonymousreply 56December 4, 2023 3:19 AM

Boring. The new hw and her hubby seem like grifters. You know it's a bad episode when Mia has all the funny lines.

by Anonymousreply 57December 4, 2023 4:15 AM

Potomac used to be my favorite of the franchise, but I agree that this is one dull season so far.

I think all of them become boring eventually, because the women wise up and play things very close to the vest after the first season. And/or they make up shit to seem interesting (looking at you, Gizelle with the fake boyfriend).

by Anonymousreply 58December 4, 2023 1:04 PM

It’s because THIS is their only source of income.

They’re all dull. Boring. And yes I will write it: Poor.

The public wants to see opulence vs. Low rent trash that is now Potomac.

(Ashley’s house is ridiculously tacky. She lives in the middle of nowhere and pretends she’s on the ocean. Tacky. And not funny.

Low rent and now dull.

Let. It. Die.

by Anonymousreply 59December 7, 2023 3:15 PM

I am 13 minutes in to the new episode. Where Robyn admits she swallows loads. In front of the waiter.

The boredom of this show is the result of the show itself. These “nothings” think a trip to Austin is high class.

Ugh. There is no cohesiveness. It’s atrocious.

by Anonymousreply 60December 11, 2023 8:58 AM

I sometimes watch a random episode of TRH but I can't keep up with them all.

I know it's all fake and engineered drama, but it's great for when you just want to veg in front of the TV without needing to concentrate on what you're watching.

A bit like the time where Aviva from RHONY threw her false leg on the table - so many of the people there (including the other housewives) couldn't stop themselves laughing, which showed how fake it all is. It's not like they were gonna yell "cut" and get her to redo it all.

by Anonymousreply 61December 11, 2023 10:39 AM

The new housewife is exhausting. I hate to say this, especially since they've had some epic seasons, but the show is done.

by Anonymousreply 62December 11, 2023 1:12 PM

I agree, r62. They were my favorite at one point. The first couple of seasons were magical. They could make it fun again, but will need to bring back Monique, get rid of the new lady, and force everyone to interact and share. Maybe they need to drink more, so they let their guard down.

by Anonymousreply 63December 11, 2023 2:23 PM

Still love this show.

by Anonymousreply 64December 11, 2023 7:33 PM

I wonder if they would do a large recast or just kill the show if it doesn't get any better this season? If a recast, I'd keep Kurn, Ashley, and Candyass but jettison all the rest. But how big is Potomac, really? I fear it's the next RHOD and will end after this dud of a season unless something great happens soon.

by Anonymousreply 65December 11, 2023 10:38 PM

So far the biggest drama has centered around Happy Eddie possibly unfriending someone on FB who he may or may not know.

by Anonymousreply 66December 11, 2023 10:44 PM

This season is a non starter

by Anonymousreply 67December 11, 2023 10:46 PM

All the housewives are scared to, or just do not want to reveal details of their lives some because they don't want people to know their business aka, Gizelle, her green eyed twin sister and Karen.

Others do not reveal much about their business or feelings or opinions for fear of being SUED or made fun of... a la Candace and Wendy

And some a are just trash with dirty business nobody cares about a la the stripper

by Anonymousreply 68December 11, 2023 10:49 PM

R68, they don't need to be on a reality tv show then! We fon't want fakeness or to just look at them lol. At least the stripper (and young gold digger with 2 babies) are open about their lives and now the most interesting ones.

by Anonymousreply 69December 12, 2023 8:17 PM

fon't = don't

by Anonymousreply 70December 12, 2023 8:18 PM

Fire Robyn, Wendy, Mia and the new bitch and warn Gizelle she’s next if she doesn’t deliver something about herself.

Add three lunatics to interact with Candiace, Karen and Ashley. Make sure they immediately start fighting with those three and themselves.

Problem solved. Although poor Robyn and Mia will be working as Walmart cashiers and that will be awkward.

by Anonymousreply 71December 12, 2023 9:34 PM

Since Ashley stirs up most of the shit I would definitely keep her. Robin can go but I'd like to keep Mia around so we can see her living with her mom in a trailer. At this point bringing Monique back would be a wise move.

by Anonymousreply 72December 12, 2023 9:55 PM

Mia said she used to swallow, but she don't now that she's married. So, she swallowed loads on the streets, but not her husband that she is supposed to love? Seems backwards, but OK lol.

And Robin girl - swallowing is not working for keeping your guy in line. You need to just stop because like Karen said - you don't know what or who you're swallowing now...

And Candiance and her golden showers...

by Anonymousreply 73December 12, 2023 10:15 PM

[quote] So, she swallowed loads on the streets, but not her husband that she is supposed to love?

That's not how I took it. She swallowed his loads until she got the ring, then she stopped.

by Anonymousreply 74December 13, 2023 12:56 AM

In two seasons Juan has gone from being the best of a bad group of men to being the worst husband on Potomac by far. He is more manipulative than Michael Darby.

by Anonymousreply 75December 18, 2023 4:01 AM

What a shit show

by Anonymousreply 76December 18, 2023 4:17 AM

These shows die when too many of them break the fourth wall.

by Anonymousreply 77December 18, 2023 4:51 AM

It’s boring because the show is their income. And they are acting. Bad acting. Very bad.

And they’re not real friends.

Salt Lake is the best because they’re not what I write above.

Potomac sucks now.

by Anonymousreply 78December 18, 2023 4:27 PM

And Giselle is horrific. Worse than Mia. And that’s bad.

Her outfits. Her boring stories including the fake gay acting loser who wants to be on tv.

She’s been over (Giselle) for at least three years. Fire her and bring some real quality. Some real people with real money. It’s DC/Potomac for fuck sake.

As I said earlier, these bitches think Austin is an exotic city.

by Anonymousreply 79December 18, 2023 5:51 PM

[quote] Ashley loves a dress held up by titty tape and hope.

That's how they do it in the pageant world.

Don't forget that both Ashley and Candiace are pageant queens!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80December 24, 2023 1:09 PM

Okay, so what is this shit going on between Gizelle, Robyn, and Eminem???

It keeps coming up in my entertainment news feeds, and I haven't watched this season at all, so I'm intrigued.

What's happening?

[quote] Eminem Files Response to Gizelle Bryant and Robyn Dixon’s Legal Motion

I never thought I would be writing about Eminem in regards to Gizelle Bryant or Robyn Dixon, but here we are. Marshall Mathers has some feelings about the Real Housewives of Potomac stars’ podcast and those feelings are … not good.

While the name of the Green Eyed Bandits’ show is Reasonably Shady, Eminem lives in daily fear people will relate it with his moniker Slim Shady. I would not have reached that connection, but I am also not a man concerned about folks believing I’m associated with Juan Dixon’s roommate. There’s a legal drama going on and Em is about to just lose it (you’re welcome). Radar has the details.

My name is … not Reasonably Shady

Robyn and Giz wanted Eminem to show up and be deposed in court. Marshall said no thank you ma’am and offered someone on his team instead. This was basically his response to the RHOP ladies’ motion requesting the United States Patent and Trademark Office [USPTO] force Em to sit under oath.

In early 2023, Eminem wasn’t keen on Robyn and Gizelle’s podcast name. He filed an opposition to a trademark application they submitted for Reasonably Shady. The podcast has been up and running for over a year but Mr. Mathers feels the name is too close to Slim Shady or Shady. He owns a trademark to both names and doesn’t want his brand stepped on by Bravo people.

Additionally, Em’s team feels those in the wild might think he’s a secret lover of unscripted reality television and endorses their podcast. “[Robyn & Gizelle’s] mark REASONABLY SHADY, simply looks and sounds like SHADY. And suggests that it represents the services of Mathers,” per Eminem’s attorney.

“REASONABLY SHADY so resembles Opposer’s mark SLIM SHADY, SHADY and the mark SHADY LIMITED in terms of appearance, sound and commercial impression as to be likely, when applied to [Robyn & Gizelle’s] goods, to cause confusion and mistake and to deceive.”

Gizelle and Robyn maintain it’s not that deep and people aren’t associating the two names together. Which they probably weren’t until Eminem brought it up.

The performer’s camp said he can’t be bothered with showing up to court because he’s far too busy. But apparently Paul Rosenberg has all the time in the world to make an appearance. Paul is Em’s manager and seemingly knows more about the logistics of trademarks than Eminem.

That didn’t sit well with Robyn and Gizelle. “An assertion of Mr. Mathers being too busy will not be enough to avoid having to sit for a deposition,” their attorney responded. “As [Robyn and Gizelle], both celebrities in their own right, have provided the courtesy of sitting for deposition for [Eminem], it is not overly burdensome for [Eminem] to extend the same courtesy for his obligation.”

Just like a tennis match, Em’s team lobbed it back to Paul. “Rosenberg has worked with Mathers in connection with his career continuously since at least 1997. [And] well before his hit album “The Slim Shady LP” was first released in 1999,” the motion read.

It continued, “While [Eminem] is the listed owner and signatory of the asserted trademark registrations, [Eminem] is removed from the daily activities and details that comprise the use and promotion of Mathers’ SHADY marks.”

This case remains in progress.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81December 24, 2023 1:13 PM

R65 they have been recruiting in Baltimore for awhile now. None of the women ever lived in Potomac except Karen initially and then Monique moved there. Robyn always lived way the fuck out in Maryland. Mia and Wendy are closer to Baltimore (I think Mia was in Baltimore). Ashley was Virginia.

They could basically grab anyone from Baltimore or DC at this point and call it Potomac. Fuck, even take someone from Philly if they are willing to commute.

by Anonymousreply 82December 24, 2023 1:41 PM

END THIS SHOW. PLEASE.

They are (horrifically bad) actresses.

The (horribly suggested) storylines are so boring.

And the (boring) drama is so fake.

End this show.

(I just watched three in a row)

by Anonymousreply 83February 1, 2024 9:40 PM

I'm with R83. Why even bother filming a reunion when the show itself is this dull. It's a shame because they had some really amazing seasons but the cast has run out of steam and they're over it. Pull the plug.

by Anonymousreply 84February 1, 2024 9:45 PM

And they’re so fake. The relationships. The “galas” with 8 people in attendance.

They (sadly and incorrectly) think they’re real stars. And their only job, their only relevance is this show.

So, they need to be fired due to lack of any talent.

by Anonymousreply 85February 1, 2024 9:57 PM

[quote]The “galas” with 8 people in attendance.

Lol r85. It's amazing how quickly this franchise has declined, its a chore to watch this season. At least RHOA made it to season 10 before they jumped the shark.

Apparently Monique and Michael Darby's ugly ass made the show. Mia and Nneka need to go.

by Anonymousreply 86March 23, 2024 4:00 PM

Candyass is OUT. Bring back Monique!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87March 25, 2024 3:33 PM

Who crafts these ridiculous therapy-speak statements when Housewives are fired? They're the worst.

by Anonymousreply 88March 25, 2024 4:02 PM

Candiace is horrible. And that’s saying something considering this cast.

by Anonymousreply 89March 25, 2024 8:25 PM

Candiace thinks she's going to have a career as a singer. Yeah. Good luck with that.

by Anonymousreply 90March 25, 2024 8:34 PM

Mia is too trashy for this show. Which sounds impossible but here we are.

by Anonymousreply 91March 25, 2024 8:47 PM

I actually like Dr Wendy but she has never got in with this group and never will. If it's renewed bring back Karun so we can revel in her legal woes, Giz because she's fun and I love her daughters, Robyn because her cluelessness is entertaining and Mia because her life just got extra messy. Ashley contributes nothing. Monique can replace her.

by Anonymousreply 92March 25, 2024 8:55 PM

In addition to the not uncommon housewives franchise problem of an established cast that only wants to film individual storylines that further their own agendas (and dividing into factions that won’t legitimately engage with each other), I think Potomac is faced with the much more difficult problem of having allowed what was once an interesting subtextual element on show (the frictions generated by class dynamics within the Black community) to become way too front and centre - and now what should be standard housewives conflict arcs have become incredibly fraught and a large portion of the audience is in a constant feedback loop of outrage, projection and embarrassment which ultimately turns against the show itself. It’ll be interesting to see if they can figure out how to deescalate and move forward.

by Anonymousreply 93March 25, 2024 9:59 PM

R92 ^ fit in (not GOT IN). Geez

by Anonymousreply 94March 25, 2024 10:18 PM

The poor man’s Real Housewives of Atlanta though many of these broads got way more paper. You ain’t flexing living in Potomac. You have to have bank.

by Anonymousreply 95March 25, 2024 10:30 PM

r93, good comments.. those issues may be too complicated for a Bravo housewives show. Candiace obviously was at the forefront of many of those topics and she obviously did not agree with how they handled it. I figured she would leave. I know people may disagree but I think she is young and talented enough to continue somewhere in the media.

The only way they can save the show now is to bring Monique back for a huge ratings grab. Otherwise it will turn into Atlanta. Nneka would be completely forgotten about if it weren't for Wendy, please just let her go with Candiace! Mia too.

by Anonymousreply 96March 25, 2024 11:33 PM

R96, I almost wonder if the plan is to move Candiace down to Atlanta. It’s a city that would make way more sense for her music career ambitions, she seems to already have established friction with Drew and Porsha, and Atlanta desperately needs somebody with dynamic main character energy to anchor the show around - it’s been coasting on fumes for years.

I’ve enjoyed Candiace a lot over the years, but I think she has some huge insecurities about being a dark-skinned woman that she lets off the leash when she fights with Gizelle and Ashley (or, even worse, when she’s trying to perform for social media) in some really crazy ways. I think she can only function on a show where she can’t call the other wives white-adjacent colorists every time they do something bitchy to her.

by Anonymousreply 97March 26, 2024 12:04 AM

I love Candiace, she’s a funny cunt. Robyn, Wendy and Ashley should have left instead.

Candiace would be good on Atlanta-I think she would be best friends or mortal enemies with Kenya, and that would be a blast to watch.

by Anonymousreply 98March 26, 2024 12:31 AM

I agree that Candiace is hilarious. Only Nene has made me laugh more.

by Anonymousreply 99March 26, 2024 12:33 AM

I think Candiace and Mariah Huq (they should offer her a spot on Atlanta too!) are funnier than Nene.

by Anonymousreply 100March 26, 2024 12:42 AM

In other news, as bad as this season was, I will definitely watch the first episode of season 9 because you know Gizelle is going to insist on the first group event being an 8 person fundraising gala for Mothers Against Drunk Driving just to roast Karen.

by Anonymousreply 101March 26, 2024 12:50 AM

Did Gizelle's boyfriend even make another appearance this season?

by Anonymousreply 102March 26, 2024 12:54 AM

Some of Candiace’s greatest hits. My personal favorite is when she called a nursing Ashley a “filthy milkmaid.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103March 26, 2024 12:54 AM

R102. Did Gizelle's "boyfriend" even make another appearance this season?

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 104March 26, 2024 1:32 AM

Gizelle should take a page out of Kyle Richards book and pull a late-in-life lesbian, she’s already got the terrible home reno’s and comfy shoes for it! She could insist on the cast trip being one of those Alaskan whale watching cruises - that’d be a housewives first!

by Anonymousreply 105March 26, 2024 1:37 AM

[quote] Giz because she's fun and I love her daughters, Robyn because her cluelessness

Really? Robyn is super boring and dopey, IMO.

by Anonymousreply 106March 26, 2024 1:48 AM

The entire series needs to be canceled. POTOMAC was the star of the franchise but this year it was GOD AWFUL. The producers should be fired or the show canceled. Wendy is AWFUL. Ashley is AWFUL. Mia is AWFUL. Giselle is AWFUL. Robyn is worse than awful (at least she got canned). The problem with this series is the broads have NO REAL LIVES except for the show. There is nothing real about any of it.

And they is POOR.

This is a bad series. END THIS SHOW.

by Anonymousreply 107April 21, 2024 2:58 PM

Love this show and look forward to the new cast members. I will miss Candiace and Robyn though.

by Anonymousreply 108April 21, 2024 10:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!