Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

YouTuber Ruby Franke was arrested after ‘emaciated’ child with duct tape around extremities ran for help

YouTube star Ruby Franke of the “8 Passengers” channel was arrested Wednesday after an “emaciated” child with duct tape around their extremities escaped and ran to a neighbor’s house for help.

The arrest record, obtained by Page Six Thursday, states that the child fled through a window of Franke’s business partner Jodi Hildebrandt’s house in Ivins, Utah, and asked the neighbor for food and water — but when the Good Samaritan noticed duct tape on the child’s ankles and wrists, they called police.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 150March 26, 2024 11:00 PM

Fucking sick Bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1August 31, 2023 10:47 PM

Mormons?

by Anonymousreply 2August 31, 2023 10:49 PM

Let’s cut through the tape. These urchins too often fall from grace.

by Anonymousreply 3August 31, 2023 10:51 PM

Both parents are wackos- one can only imagine what went on in that house.

by Anonymousreply 4August 31, 2023 10:52 PM

The fraus of Reddit love to obsessively build cases against mommy bloggers and vloggers. A quick search for Franke yields many discussions that mention things like "Using food and sleeping in a bed as a privilege. WHO IN THE HELL DOES THIS?" and "Ruby Franke is a vile human being and I hope she goes to jail and has her kids taken away from her." That was from two years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5August 31, 2023 10:59 PM

These social media/YouTube families are sick, sick fuckers. They all keep having kids for clicks.

Remember that thread here several years ago about that one bitch who adopted a shy little east Asian boy and then gave him away ‘under the table’ when he wasn’t ratings gold like she thought he’d be?

by Anonymousreply 6August 31, 2023 11:02 PM

Just the fact that Youtuber is now a career makes me sad.

by Anonymousreply 7August 31, 2023 11:05 PM

Emaciated child? Is it our Darfur orphan?

by Anonymousreply 8August 31, 2023 11:10 PM

These influencers are trash, but their Reddit hate groups are as crazy as shithouse rats.

I looked around at the Hilaria Baldwin subreddit, and I wonder how the children of these Reddit fraus feel about their moms spending so much time microanalyzing and criticizing every pixel of a complete stranger’s parenting and children.

I imagine them struggling to do their homework alone in a dirty apartment as mommy hammers out multiple paragraphs criticizing a celebrity’s toddler’s diet, meanwhile, their own dinner is going to be a hot dog, Takis and a Diet Coke!

by Anonymousreply 9August 31, 2023 11:16 PM

R9=Alec

by Anonymousreply 10August 31, 2023 11:40 PM

Go take a shower and feed your kid, R10.

by Anonymousreply 11August 31, 2023 11:53 PM

Food deprivation was a frequent punishment apparently. The mom punished her 5 year old that way because the child didn’t get herself up in time to make her lunch before kindergarten.

by Anonymousreply 12August 31, 2023 11:54 PM

What’s “Takis”, precious? What’s “Takis”?

by Anonymousreply 13September 1, 2023 12:51 AM

Well no one wants to see fat kids on YouTube, R12! That bitch really doubled down over the years— never heard of her until today. Are they Canadian? Why do they talk like that?

R13, Takis are brand of rolled tortilla chips coated in a spicy neon blue powder.

by Anonymousreply 14September 1, 2023 2:33 AM

More clicks for Murdoch. Great.

by Anonymousreply 15September 1, 2023 2:58 AM

LAZY OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16September 1, 2023 2:59 AM

More dicks for R15 . Please.

by Anonymousreply 17September 1, 2023 3:00 AM

REALLY LAZY OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18September 1, 2023 3:00 AM

REALLY REALLY LAZY OP

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19September 1, 2023 3:01 AM

oh so now parents can be arrested for not letting their kids have dessert

by Anonymousreply 20September 1, 2023 3:02 AM

Um, r5? I don’t know if you’re keeping up on current affairs, but they seem to have had a point.

by Anonymousreply 21September 1, 2023 3:05 AM

So it appears that the neglected children aren’t Franke’s, they are her business partner’s, and they were in the business partner’s home.

But Franke had been in that home just days before, filming YouTube videos.

by Anonymousreply 22September 1, 2023 3:10 AM

[quote] Just the fact that Youtuber is now a career makes me sad.

Why? It’s just a way to produce and distribute video content. I follow and really enjoy the video content of numerous YouTube content creators who make a lot or all of their income from YouTube videos. Here’s just one example:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23September 1, 2023 3:15 AM

"The fraus of Reddit love to obsessively build cases against mommy bloggers and vloggers."

It's a fair bet that parenting bloggers and vloggers are all narcissistic phonies, or at least the ones who show the word a vision of a perfect family are. Those are all the sort of people who want to make the whole world believe they're the best parents ever, and who spend their private hours screaming at the kids for failing to be the ultra-photogenic content-producing wonders that their parents deserve, you ugly lazy worthless piece of shit five-year-old!

Easy pickings, proving mommy bloggers are child-abusing bitches, but it's nice to see that the law is going to come down on one at least.

by Anonymousreply 24September 1, 2023 3:34 AM

I’m surprised the older girl was “permitted” to attend college.

Or maybe her leaving the family was the reason the younger kids were to be “not permitted near other kids”

by Anonymousreply 25September 1, 2023 3:36 AM

I'm confused why some on Twitter are saying this is a trans issue?

by Anonymousreply 26September 1, 2023 3:41 AM

R26 Everything’s a trans issue nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 27September 1, 2023 3:43 AM

[quote] Takis are brand of rolled tortilla chips coated in a spicy neon blue powder.

Thank you, R14.

by Anonymousreply 28September 1, 2023 3:59 AM

[quote] who spend their private hours screaming at the kids for failing to be the ultra-photogenic content-producing wonders that their parents deserve

They're props not kids.

by Anonymousreply 29September 1, 2023 4:00 AM

Mormons?

by Anonymousreply 30September 1, 2023 4:15 AM

[quote]Um, [R5]? I don’t know if you’re keeping up on current affairs, but they seem to have had a point.

That they had a point was the point of my post.

by Anonymousreply 31September 1, 2023 11:15 AM

I guess hot white trash son Chad got out just in time.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2023 11:27 AM

Hoodies that aren’t full-zip always look trashy. I’m not saying regular hoodies are high fashion, but those ones you pull over your head with the muff sewn on the front are so walmarty, I don’t care what brand they are. Yuck!

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2023 4:36 PM

(Re: the kid in R32)

by Anonymousreply 34September 1, 2023 4:37 PM

Thank you R33. A fashion POV is refreshing, like a bit of a breeze off the lake.

by Anonymousreply 35September 1, 2023 4:58 PM

That's a young Ellen, at r32.

by Anonymousreply 36September 1, 2023 5:34 PM

Does Chad have “an” Onlyfans?

by Anonymousreply 37September 1, 2023 6:12 PM

I said he's trash but you can't deny he's cute trash and a natural blond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38September 1, 2023 6:18 PM

R38, what's wrong with your eyes that you can't spot dark roots?

Maybe his hair is naturally fair-ish, but it's streaked to hell and gone.

by Anonymousreply 39September 1, 2023 6:29 PM

He was a blond boy and blond teenager. He's blond.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 1, 2023 6:39 PM

Okay, he's a natural blond, but one with douchebag highlights.

Most natural blonde hair darkens in adulthood, to a deep gold or mouse color. People who were bright blonds as kids frequently get their hair lightened as adults, I did and he does.

by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2023 6:50 PM

I'm OK with that assessment. My only point is that he looks happy in photos but who knows what hell he experienced growing up. I'm glad he's out and not permanently damaged by starvation, for example.

by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2023 7:08 PM

That's what passes for hot?

by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2023 8:26 PM

Is he out out?

by Anonymousreply 44September 1, 2023 8:52 PM

[quote] Hoodies that aren’t full-zip always look trashy. I’m not saying regular hoodies are high fashion, but those ones you pull over your head with the muff sewn on the front are so walmarty, I don’t care what brand they are. Yuck!

I never thought about this, but the pullover hoodies must be cheaper to make. I don't wear hoodies at all. If I need something on my head, I'll wear my fake fur Russian hat.

by Anonymousreply 45September 1, 2023 8:53 PM

Pullover hoodies don't require zippers, so they're cheaper. Zipper Farmers charge so much for a good zipper nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 46September 1, 2023 9:18 PM

I don’t like the word “hoodie”. I don’t like “guncle” either.

by Anonymousreply 47September 1, 2023 9:23 PM

R47 damn straight! No to “guncle”.

by Anonymousreply 48September 1, 2023 9:39 PM

I don’t like “hoodie” either, but that battle was lost decades ago.

by Anonymousreply 49September 1, 2023 10:01 PM

And definitely NEVER guncle. Guncle should be cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 50September 1, 2023 10:02 PM

Guncle thread.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51September 1, 2023 10:04 PM

What were hoodies called back in the day? Hoodshirts?

by Anonymousreply 52September 1, 2023 10:19 PM

R52, A hoodie was called a ‘hooded sweatshirt’ or a ‘sweatshirt with a hood’ by most people, up until the mid to late 90s.

by Anonymousreply 53September 1, 2023 10:53 PM

I grew up Mormon in Utah. I think child abuse is a lot more normalized there than in the rest of the country, especially in the church. The whole ‘kids deserve no privacy’ mindset is extremely common. The first boy I hooked up with (also Mormon, also closeted) was regularly beaten by his parents. This whole thing isn’t surprising at all - it’s mostly just surprising that CPS actually took it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 54September 2, 2023 4:47 AM

I’m actually surprised to hear Mormons are so into corporal punishment. I know the fundies love it so much they even use coded language for it so their fellow religious nuts know what they are saying without having to actually say it.

by Anonymousreply 55September 2, 2023 7:58 PM

Examples of code language please, R55.

by Anonymousreply 56September 2, 2023 8:09 PM

R9 is obsessively liking their post

Hilaria Baldwin is a piece of shit. Anyone paying even a little attention can see her craziness. That horde that surrogates birthed will all be a hot mess in about 8 years.

by Anonymousreply 57September 2, 2023 8:40 PM

Didn’t I say influencers are all shit, R57? You can’t read?

You’re just mad because I said you’re fucking nuts, too. QED.

I’m not liking my own post— my sense of self worth isn’t tied up in “likes”, unlike you losers on Reddit— speaking of which, get the fuck out of here.

by Anonymousreply 58September 2, 2023 9:48 PM

Fuck off r58. You must be on the Baldwins payroll or the bloviating fool himself

She’s a fucking nut. You don’t need to be Reddit to know that. Amy fucking Schumer called her a sociopath on her Netflix special

BTW, You seemed obsessed with Reddit

by Anonymousreply 59September 2, 2023 9:52 PM

I rest my case.

by Anonymousreply 60September 2, 2023 9:52 PM

R56 a good example is an ad for a new church that opened up somewhere near my town. I live in CT which is a blue state and we have fundies but they are more discreet. In this ad the pastors talked about the program they have for children. They used coded language like “train up a child” “a child that listens” (or something like that) and some other stuff I recognized as references to fundie beliefs on child rearing.

Basically “train up a child” refers to a book by the same name that teaches fundies how and when to hit their kids. It advocates for things like “blanket training” which is too gross to get into but you can look it up on the web. “Listen” is just code for obey. Fundies believe in absolute obedience no matter what or the kid gets beaten. Shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 61September 2, 2023 11:18 PM

Thank you, R61.

by Anonymousreply 62September 3, 2023 1:13 AM

R61, I looked up blanket training. It seems ridiculously cruel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63September 3, 2023 1:18 AM

There is a forum somewhere on the web that discusses the Duggars and other shitty fundies. So many of these people have blogs and love to talk about their experiences punishing their kids. Sometimes it is disturbingly abusive, obvious generational dysfunction being passed down under the guise of raising their kids God’s way. Sometimes it’s idiotic parents who truly believe that God wants them to physically punish their kids to teach them obedience, because that is the only way to raise a good person.

Anyway, some of the fundie bloggers found out about the Duggar forum and would come over to post arguing with the forum members who criticize them. One couple shared their heartbreaking (🙄) experience teaching their two year old daughter the importance of obedience. She would not pick up her toys so they ended up spanking her off and on all day. The couple said that they hated doing it and explained to their kid over and over the importance of minding them but alas… They found the whole experience just so emotionally exhausting, but they were doing it for the benefit of the child! It was crickets though when a forum member pointed out that it wasn’t defiance that made their 2 year old unwilling to pick up her toys, rather she probably lacked the motor skills to do as they asked. When toddlers get frustrated they scream and cry. I bet that was a very frustrated and terrified 2 year old.

by Anonymousreply 64September 3, 2023 1:57 AM

The teenaged blonde boy looks so much like every inbred Mormon I grew upw up with.

Large white teeth. Check.

Nordic background/natural blonde hair. Check.

Gummy smile. Check.

All he needs is a polo shirt and a pill popping zombie wife.

by Anonymousreply 65September 3, 2023 2:17 AM

Several years ago when Marie Osmond was a co-host on The Talk, she told a story about how her fat mother lunged at her, knocked her to the ground and was choking her for some smart comment Marie made to her. Of course, Marie was kind of laughing when she said it, cause she’s kinda nuts herself from all that good parenting she received.

by Anonymousreply 66September 3, 2023 2:28 AM

R65, did you grow up in Utah?

by Anonymousreply 67September 3, 2023 2:48 AM

R67 no. More North.

by Anonymousreply 68September 3, 2023 2:53 AM

As God as my witness I will NOT have fat... LAZY children!

by Anonymousreply 69September 4, 2023 1:23 PM

No one understands the nuanced dynamics of child-rearing. You can't make an omelet if don't crack a few eggs.

by Anonymousreply 70September 4, 2023 1:31 PM

R70 except in this case in which no eggs can be used. Substitute cracking of bones.

by Anonymousreply 71September 4, 2023 4:38 PM

[quote]There is a forum somewhere on the web that discusses the Duggars and other shitty fundies.

Probably Free Jinger. I think we lost our Dominion Wackiness Troll to that site.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72September 4, 2023 5:25 PM

Dominion Wackiness Troll was an excellent troll.

by Anonymousreply 73September 4, 2023 5:28 PM

Sloppily reported, lazy. Flaccid. It isn't clear which child was arrested. The business manager's or the YouTubers. I have read the abused and neglected child belongs to the business manager who has also been arrested.

by Anonymousreply 74September 4, 2023 5:34 PM

It isn't clear which child's PARENT was arrested.

by Anonymousreply 75September 4, 2023 6:04 PM

None of this is clear to me. Apparently this lady, Ruby, was arrested. Her "business partner" was also arrested. The child escaped from the business partner's house but it's not clear to me that the parent of this child is the youtuber's or if it's the business partner's. Same goes for the other child they found restrained with duct tape in the house. Apparently four other children were removed (from that house or from the people arrested?) as well.

If the business partner is not the father of Ruby's children, where is the father? Does he go along with the abusive punishments that Ruby doles out?

Is everyone in Utah fucking crazy and backwards?

by Anonymousreply 76September 4, 2023 6:28 PM

Who gives a fuck about the emaciated child. Let’s talk about Chad.

by Anonymousreply 77September 4, 2023 6:37 PM

The 1969 "moon landing" was faked. That Stanley Kubrick shot the whole thing on an old Hollywood soundstage.

by Anonymousreply 78September 4, 2023 8:50 PM

All the kids were Ruby’s. The business partner doesn’t have any kids as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 79September 5, 2023 12:36 AM

Okay - so if the "business partner" isn't the father of Ruby's children then who is the father? And why does that father allow his children to be abused and neglected by this youtuber chick and her business partner?

by Anonymousreply 80September 5, 2023 7:50 PM

Ruby and her husband are separated though I don’t know when that happened. He used to be a part of the vlog series so I’m assuming he shares the same beliefs she does, though probably not quite as severe? Not even sure about that. I think he issued a short statement, something like, it’s important that the kids are safe, but that’s it as far as I know.

by Anonymousreply 81September 5, 2023 8:52 PM

"And why does that father allow his children to be abused and neglected by this youtuber chick and her business partner?"

Presumably, he's a straight man. To many straight men, their own children are somebody else's problem.

by Anonymousreply 82September 5, 2023 10:47 PM

911 call from the neighbor the kids ran to after they escaped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83September 8, 2023 9:48 AM

This reminds me of the crazy lesbians who starved and restrained their kids. The Harts. Two escaped to neighbors and pleaded for food. The evil moms freaked out and took off in their SUV, eventually driving over a cliff. Datalounge had many threads on this sordid affair.

These kids are lucky to have now escaped.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84September 8, 2023 10:18 AM

They really need to regulate these YouTubers using kids like they do with Hollywood kids. I dare say home video channels are worse than putting your kid in Hollywood because at least if you were a good parent, your kid had a chance at being normal. Not with these vloggers though, where they are on video constantly as themselves. I feel the same about channels that exploit their elderly relatives. One guy makes a killing on videos of his dad that has dementia. Just constantly with cameras in their face, waiting for something cute to occur. I feel bad for kids and others living with someone doing that to them. Not a single private moment.

by Anonymousreply 85September 8, 2023 11:07 AM

At first I thought this said Bethenny Frankel.

Alas.

by Anonymousreply 86September 8, 2023 11:38 AM

I agree that family v loggers are across the board awful. There are even pet v loggers. This one guy has a golden retriever who genuinely looks terrified of him.

by Anonymousreply 87September 8, 2023 4:00 PM

Wow! This is a lot to unpack. She’s deranged and just ruined her oldest son’s life.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88September 8, 2023 5:47 PM

Utah is the Florida of the West. They're all NUTS out there!

by Anonymousreply 89September 8, 2023 6:03 PM

R88 Well, I guess it couldn’t be about the older son - it says the child was a minor, probably the younger boy. I’ll believe when I get proof, though.

by Anonymousreply 90September 8, 2023 8:30 PM

The older kid looks 15

by Anonymousreply 91September 8, 2023 8:53 PM

I follow one family vlog. After reading multiple stories and following links I found that the father of said family is the oldest of five kids. All five kids (30-40 year olds) have YouTube/Instagram, etc channels. Only the two oldest sons have kids (total of 9). All five travel everywhere and probably get discounted hotels/trips/meals in exchange for mentions in their vlogs. These siblings were born in Northern Virginia and now live in......the Salt Lake City area. I dare say the vast majority of these vlog families are Mormons from the SLC area. They also seem to know each family socially. I say this because I saw that someone in a forum about the this family asked if they still "hangout" with the Frankes.

by Anonymousreply 92September 8, 2023 9:14 PM

That 911 call made me tear up.

by Anonymousreply 93September 8, 2023 11:43 PM

There’s an audio of the entire call somewhere on TikTok. The guy was really shook up. More so than in the clip above.

by Anonymousreply 94September 9, 2023 12:22 AM

Jodi, the therapist, is a big ol'dyke.

by Anonymousreply 95September 9, 2023 1:01 AM

[quote] As God as my witness

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 96September 9, 2023 1:11 AM

Fuck, sickening. People like her can never be rehabilitated, and I hope she goes straight to prison, and never be allowed around kids again. Sick ass woman. WTF, is wrong with people.

by Anonymousreply 97September 9, 2023 1:21 AM

[quote]Franke — who appeared via video from a Utah jail — reportedly also claimed that the troubled child began looking at pornography at 3 years old.

Not that I believe her, but if your 3-year-old is looking at porn, isn't it your job as the parent to make them stop?

by Anonymousreply 98September 9, 2023 9:39 PM

He’s the devil’s child! I did what I could!

by Anonymousreply 99September 9, 2023 9:47 PM

[quote] Franke — who appeared via video from a Utah jail — reportedly also claimed that the troubled child began looking at pornography at 3 years old

Over his father’s shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 100September 9, 2023 10:31 PM

"claimed that the troubled child began looking at pornography at 3 years old."

A 3-year-old can't read or write, and how can an illiterate log onto the internet or use a search engine?

No, if a kid that young was supposedly looking at porn, then either an older sibling blamed the sprat for their own porn search, or someone in that family was deliberately showing porn to a toddler. Like, maybe the father, or the boy who's been accused of sexually abusing a younger sibling.

by Anonymousreply 101September 9, 2023 10:50 PM

Has parenting always been so bad on a widespread level, or is there just more reporting on it now?

by Anonymousreply 102September 9, 2023 10:56 PM

There's just more reporting, R102.

I grew up in a home that should have had CPS swooping in, but in those days CPS was hands-off with white suburban middle-class families. They're probably still hands-off, with anyone who can afford good lawyers.

by Anonymousreply 103September 9, 2023 10:58 PM

Personally r102, I think what we’re seeing is that pubic awareness campaigns have worked. PSA’s can indeed alter the culture.

I do not believe that 50 years ago, or even 20 years ago, that that many neighbors would have reported her, much less gone to the media to send the kids words of hope and encouragement. I just can’t imagine this happening not too long ago, particularly in a Mormon city.

I bet the real scandal will be how long the cops sat on this case, and what torture the kids experienced that could have ended 12 months ago. Each day the cops stalled was another day of actual torture. If the kids were smart, they should hire an attorney and sue the shit out of the city for failure to perform their duties, those kids likely have a case. And the money would go into trusts that they are going to need because their mother will probably get more charges too.

What’s the dad’s story? I mean, he left those defenseless kids with a monster? How could he abandon them tj her, knowing what she was capable of? Seems like neither parent is capable.

by Anonymousreply 104September 10, 2023 4:16 AM

Take all the kids away, deprogram them and place them in a loving, secular, household who already have a kid.

by Anonymousreply 105September 10, 2023 4:27 AM

What does the PSA possess?

by Anonymousreply 106September 10, 2023 4:54 AM

Rule of thumb: The more picture-perfect a family is on the outside, the more there is to unpack. Life isn't their carefully curated feed. How horrible it must be to grow up and your life is practically a reality TV show - just that the cameras never ever leave and you have no parents. Imagine you cry or are happy and your mother films it and puts it online.

by Anonymousreply 107September 10, 2023 7:07 AM

R04, the change isn't just because of the PSA's, it's because every teacher, pediatrician, nurse, and day care worker was legally made a "mandated reporter". They can all face professional discipline or legal consequences, if they see evidence of child abuse and don't report it.

Of course the CPS budgets weren't increased to allow them to investigate every report, so abuse still goes uninvestigated. But child abuse is no longer regarded as nobody's business because of these laws.

by Anonymousreply 108September 10, 2023 10:56 AM

Wtf is wrong with people. People should be given classes before they are allowed to have or see children.

What a sick fuck.

by Anonymousreply 109September 10, 2023 10:59 AM

What white people look like vs. how white people behave.

by Anonymousreply 110September 10, 2023 1:08 PM

Child abuse happens everywhere. Don’t know why you brought the family’s skin color into it.

by Anonymousreply 111September 10, 2023 1:11 PM

After 2 children are born using someone's DNA that parent or donor should be sterilized to prevent overpopulation and to encourage genetic diversity.

by Anonymousreply 112September 10, 2023 1:12 PM

R112 yes, anyone can have kids. It’s a very sad world. No wonder everyone is so FUCKED up and angry.

by Anonymousreply 113September 11, 2023 2:57 AM

There are so many issues here. The trial will be a circus. I am dying to see the police interrogation videos.

Ruby Franke is crazy but her therapist and business partner Jodi Hildebrandt is a flat out sociopath. Both were raised/are Mormon, which spews another level of sickness onto their brains.

The disgusting thing is Jodi has received minimal censure in the past because she is RICH - Enormously wealthy from partnering with the LDS church for over a decade as a therapist they officially refer congregants to. Already her lawyers are moving to have her released from jail due to an undisclosed medical issue.

I am horrifically fascinated by this case. Unfortunately for me.

by Anonymousreply 114September 11, 2023 5:24 AM

I hate mormons. Literally hate them. They are so creepy and weird they should be banned.

by Anonymousreply 115September 11, 2023 5:26 AM

Lawyer discusses case with two former Mormons:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116September 11, 2023 5:28 AM

[quote]R115 I hate mormons. Literally hate them. They are so creepy and weird they should be banned.

I’ve never met one, but every time I read about them and their rigid doctrine I feel sick.

Plus, Mormons played a big part in protesting Marriage Equality [italic] (Hollingsworth v. Perry) [/italic] so fuck them, regardless.

by Anonymousreply 117September 11, 2023 5:41 AM

Let’s discuss Chad please.

by Anonymousreply 118September 11, 2023 5:53 AM

Chad might testify at the trial as Jodi Hildebrandt was his counselor. She had him sent off to a reform camp in the wilderness. This brutal approach was so pleasing to Ruby that she signed up for her couples counseling course. Maybe she hoped Jodi would send her husband Kevin away, too?

From there Ruby and Jodi became completely enmeshed.

by Anonymousreply 119September 11, 2023 6:05 AM

[quote]R75 It isn't clear which child's PARENT was arrested.

The mother, Ruby Franke.

But this latest child abuse (being starved and bound with duct tape) happened on a business partner’s property… and perhaps with her help. So that sick fuck, Jodi Hildebrandt, was arrested, too.

by Anonymousreply 120September 11, 2023 6:12 AM

At this point in my life, I cannot stand any religious sect anymore. They’re all terrible.

by Anonymousreply 121September 11, 2023 12:37 PM

The father should be arrested too. He didn’t know his kids were starving? Some dad…

by Anonymousreply 122September 11, 2023 1:14 PM

Starts @ 3:00 p.m.

(This is my favorite legal commentator)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123September 11, 2023 9:55 PM

[quote]R122 The father should be arrested too. He didn’t know his kids were starving? Some dad…

Yes, the dad’s a (Mormon) piece of shit who psychologically abused his kids on the show, himself. It will be interesting to see what the two adult kids say about him when and if they testify.

But we should also keep in mind that Jodi is a master at driving a wedge between married couples under her care, and villainizing the husbands legally. Later on Jodi basically moved in with Ruby and Kevin, then at some point Kevin left (or was driven out.) It’s not an excuse - but there’s probably a bigger scenario playing out.

This guy is the husband that got Jodi’s license suspended after she targeted him:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124September 11, 2023 10:08 PM

So Jodi’s a closet lez, yes? She sure sounds like one.

by Anonymousreply 125September 12, 2023 3:49 AM

Her niece (who was tortured and duct taped by Jodi years ago) always assumed the woman was a frustrated, closeted lez.

But Jodi is 1.) a loud and proud homophobe, and 2.) Mormon. So if she’s ever indeed had any same sex contact, she’s buried the trail.

The attachment to Ruby is… eyebrow raising, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126September 12, 2023 4:38 AM

The niece shares her 6 months of torture by Jodi, who was counseling her

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127September 12, 2023 4:40 AM

I smell U-Haul.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128September 12, 2023 4:59 AM

[quote] I smell U-Haul

Pulling a Subaru.

by Anonymousreply 129September 12, 2023 4:18 PM

Blasting Brandi Carlile.

by Anonymousreply 130September 14, 2023 6:35 PM

parenting shouldn't be that hard. if you just act normal and functional yourself the kid will instinctually mirror your behavior, you won't even need to do much in the way of discipline i bet.

by Anonymousreply 131September 14, 2023 6:41 PM

But where’s the power rush in that r131?

by Anonymousreply 132September 16, 2023 5:35 PM

Her sister looks and acts like a raging narcissist too.

The sister has no tears, just faux outrage. She says "I" over and over, it's all about her. The neighbor in the 911 call had more emotion. Narcissism is an epidemic in some families.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133September 20, 2023 2:39 PM

New Detail:

The wounds the children got from being tied up with rope were then filled with a paste of cayenne pepper and honey.

I am not a fan of these women.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134September 21, 2023 6:17 AM

Cayenne pepper and honey? These people are sick

by Anonymousreply 135September 21, 2023 12:20 PM

Disgusting. And these people were posing as the “perfect family” on YouTube or something? People are more fake than ever. Social media and YouTube seem to be Heaven for pathological liars

by Anonymousreply 136September 21, 2023 12:34 PM

Hubs filed for divorce

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137December 1, 2023 7:01 AM

CNN — Ruby Franke, a mother and popular web personality who pleaded guilty last year to four counts of aggravated child abuse, was sentenced to four consecutive sentences of one to 15 years in a Utah prison Tuesday.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138February 21, 2024 11:01 PM

20/20 did a pretty good special on this case recently.

Sick twisted evil bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139March 24, 2024 11:47 PM

I watched that on Hulu the other day, r139. The prosecutor and a couple of the cops got choked up while talking about the abuse.

by Anonymousreply 140March 25, 2024 12:10 AM

[bold]"I will NOT feed a demon!"[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 141March 25, 2024 12:19 AM

That 20/20 report was heartbreaking. I would not give the father custody. I hope the kids find a permanent home where they can stay together. I hope those crazy bitches get the maximum.

by Anonymousreply 142March 25, 2024 12:22 AM

Given that the oldest daughter said that they were alerting CPS and police for years, no way dad didn't know and/or participated in the abuse. Surprised he escaped charges.

by Anonymousreply 143March 25, 2024 12:29 AM

I saw two pics of the boy that showed his physical state. He was grossly underweight and he had a wound on his leg that was pretty much down to the bone. And this was not a small wound at that. The cops said they could smell it before they even removed the duck tape. The little girl was found in a closet with her head shaved. It took an officer 4 hours to convince her she was safe to leave the closet.

These women are sick evil fucks.

by Anonymousreply 144March 25, 2024 12:54 AM

He supposedly was banned from the house because he was watching porn during the time of the abuse. He seemed like he was lying when being interrogated and he stood up for his wife. He had to ask what emaciated meant.

by Anonymousreply 145March 25, 2024 12:56 AM

He also said that when Jodi was around supernatural things would happen. Like a dish would go flying across the room or there would be strange noises. The guy is either completely faking being a dumbass so he won’t be charged as an accomplice or he really is an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 146March 25, 2024 11:56 PM

I grew up in a pretty trashy Mormon family and all of my cousins are more upper class and more devout and they're all f****** crazy. There's nothing good about the Mormon religion..

by Anonymousreply 147March 26, 2024 12:13 AM

R145 I was shocked to see a fucking grown up ask what emaciated means. I guess that's the Mormon education right there. Fuck him and fuck that bitch Jodi too. Oh, and Ruby of course.

by Anonymousreply 148March 26, 2024 3:28 PM

I watched the 20/20 but don't get why Ruby was living with Jodi, latent lesbian? She certainly broke up many marriages. That fucking jail tape of Ruby saying she wasn't naughty made me feel stabby. I hate the word naughty even when a fucking kid says it, a grown up doing it is nauseating.

by Anonymousreply 149March 26, 2024 5:33 PM

R128 R129 R130 with a "who rescued who?" sticker in the shape of a dog print.

R98 You have to keep in mind that "porn" to these people is not the same as we think. It could have been a jc penney lingerie section, seriously. And as far as the husband and his "porn addiction", someone said if you looked at porn one time, you were labeled as having a porn problem. So Jodi is a marraige counselor and these people do what she tells them. So she finds a chick she wants to fuck out of the married couples, and then decides the husband has a porn addiction or some other thing where she then makes the husband move out. After that, the women are single and she can move in on them. The arrest video of Ruby is fucking weird. She just stood silent, slowly blinking, like she was brainwashed or drugged or something.

by Anonymousreply 150March 26, 2024 11:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!