Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The View — Part 28, Season 27

Season 27 begins September 5th, after Labor Day. We have now moved.

by Anonymousreply 238April 30, 2024 8:01 PM

And their vacation continues with another three-day work week.

by Anonymousreply 1August 19, 2023 5:13 AM

I wonder if anything is going to change... the roster? Probably not.

by Anonymousreply 2August 21, 2023 5:22 AM

Nope. They're already airing ads and everyone is there.

by Anonymousreply 3August 21, 2023 5:25 AM

I will be working from home this season.

by Anonymousreply 4August 21, 2023 5:27 AM

It's amazes that they are able to keep finding the whoopster different potato sacks every day. So damn chic ----------- said no one ever...

by Anonymousreply 5August 23, 2023 1:22 AM

Well, if she finds time for her wacky shoes, why should the City Mumus be surprising?

by Anonymousreply 6August 23, 2023 6:45 PM

I wonder if Whoopi was on the chopping block but once again was given a last minute reprieve. The past few months she seems to have had a personality transplant. Acting very grateful for the job, telling the audience how much she appreciates them (sure) and also saying she was told to participate more in the human interest/Reddit segments.

Anyone else would have been gone after those incredibly ignorant and arrogant Holocaust remarks. But she's still there.

by Anonymousreply 7August 24, 2023 3:07 AM

You missed the point of view for her Holocaust statements. That weren't arrogant, they were American Black specific.

by Anonymousreply 8August 24, 2023 5:36 AM

They were incorrect and they were wrong. I really don't care about her experience as a black person in relation to how she views the Holocaust.

When you have all of the co-hosts, two of which are married to Jewish men, trying to tell her she was wrong and she continues to steamroll on with her bullshit, well, typical Whoopi. Hae I mentioned she was wrong?

by Anonymousreply 9August 24, 2023 5:45 AM

You see, it wasn't bullshit. It was one Black woman's opinion that was unacceptable to the white women, Jewish or not. It was her opinion and perfectly correct. If you think her opinion is wrong, you may be racist.

Her statement that, from a black woman's point of view, the Holocaust was white people killing white people. I perfectly agree with her perspective.

by Anonymousreply 10August 24, 2023 6:25 AM

R8/10 is the troll who regularly calls people Klan Grannies and is now trying to deny the reality of the Holocaust . They should be F&F'd.

by Anonymousreply 11August 24, 2023 3:14 PM

R8, R10, I just love the way you fall in line and use a capital B for the word black. The NYT and Amy Winehouse would be proud. Now black is a monolithic, all-encompassing word to desribe such a varied and multi-cultural race? Your acceptance of such a vague description shows how you process information.

As for your repetitive assertion that Whoopi has a right to express her opinion? Not so much. She inisited Jews were not a race yet that's how Hitler presented them in order to build up hatred against these people. She's part of the ABC News division that's why they're always being fed facts and corrections by the producers throughout the show.

She appears to be someone who sleepwalks through her job, can't be bothered to attend the pre-show meetings and doesn't have the capacity to admit she's wrong unless she's threatened with expulsion. As that old annoying phrase proclaims: Facts matter. Yet Whoopi feels she can just show up and wing it, as she's been doing for years. But sometimes her lack of preparation becomes glaringly obvious and this was one of those times.

Lastly, I noticed you capitalize the word black, as previously mentioned. You also capitalize the word Jewish, yet you don't capitalize the word WHITE. Hmmm...someone has issues.

by Anonymousreply 12August 24, 2023 5:19 PM

Sweet Jesus, the Klan Grannies have found me!

by Anonymousreply 13August 24, 2023 6:18 PM

[quote]You also capitalize the word Jewish, yet you don't capitalize the word WHITE. Hmmm...someone has issues.

I capitalize White Racist, White Racist Evangelical, White Supremacy, White Nationalism, The White Heritage Foundation all the time. I also like the White pejoratives of Whoodie and Hoopies. Stupid, toothless, White people who voted against their interests...Hoopies. One day I hope Hoopie becomes the "H" word.

by Anonymousreply 14August 24, 2023 6:25 PM

Oh and I am not a Holocaust denier. I only believe a Black woman should have a right to her minority perspective.

by Anonymousreply 15August 24, 2023 6:28 PM

[quote] I only believe a Black woman should have a right to her ignorant perspective.

Fixed it for you.

by Anonymousreply 16August 24, 2023 6:31 PM

I even think you have a right to your opinion R16.

It is not a fact. It is an opinion. Once you learn the difference, there is no reason for aggravation.

by Anonymousreply 17August 24, 2023 6:48 PM

[quote] It is an opinion. Once you learn the difference, there is no reason for aggravation.

I'll make sure to remind you of that every time you stupidly label someone a Klan Granny.

by Anonymousreply 18August 24, 2023 7:05 PM

Hey hey now y'all. The damn show IS called The VIEW. That was tha whoopster's view, correct?

by Anonymousreply 19August 24, 2023 7:08 PM

R18, Klan Grannies are racists who attack Black female celebrities for their being famous Black women. Their favorite target is Meghan Markle. And as a reminder, the British version is Racist Tory Cunt. Whoopi is one person to but Klan Grannies and Racist Tory Cunts are legion. They swarm.

by Anonymousreply 20August 24, 2023 8:27 PM

[quote] Klan Grannies are racists who attack Black female celebrities for their being famous Black women.

Right. Which is why your labeling of anyone who criticizes Sunny, who behaves like an entitled asshole on the show multiple times a week, as a Klan Granny simply because she's Black is ridiculous. As is your labeling of anyone criticizing Whoopi for her idiotic Holocaust comments. I guess ABC, which suspended Whoopi because her comments were so reprehensible, is run by Klan Grannies too? You're also not a Black female celebrity, but you claimed you were being attacked by Klan Grannies. So maybe the problem isn't everyone else. Maybe it's just that you're just kind of an asshole?

by Anonymousreply 21August 24, 2023 9:26 PM

Boy R14, for someone who likes to rage on about supposed racists, your post is full of hatred toward one specific group. You can pretend it's about supremacy but it's really about your hatred or what I would refer to as View specific "Sunny's envy" towards WHITEY.

by Anonymousreply 22August 25, 2023 1:20 AM

r22, that one specific believes they OWN the US.

by Anonymousreply 23August 25, 2023 4:56 AM

Well at least you’re not denying you’re a racist, R23. Now we can all F&F you accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 24August 25, 2023 5:06 AM

Ahhh, the Klan Grannies love pointing the projection finger. Don't F&F me, just don't spew your hate here.

by Anonymousreply 25August 25, 2023 8:00 AM

Seriously your constant use of “klan grannies” doesn’t make you sound smart or clever or like you’ve got the moral high ground on anything. It makes you sound like a loser.

by Anonymousreply 26August 25, 2023 2:13 PM

It is shorthand. Just that simple. Old, White, racist conservative gay men. Shorthand.

by Anonymousreply 27August 25, 2023 3:12 PM

You defaulting to calling everyone who says something you don't like or who disagrees with you a racist also makes you a loser.

by Anonymousreply 28August 25, 2023 3:56 PM

Then I am a non-racist loser.

I can live with that.

by Anonymousreply 29August 26, 2023 8:21 PM

r29/OP - Bless your heart.

by Anonymousreply 30August 26, 2023 8:25 PM

[quote] Then I am a non-racist loser.

Well you’re half right.

by Anonymousreply 31August 26, 2023 9:28 PM

[quote]Well you’re half right.

And you're all wrong.

The only reason I am bothering with the Klan Grannies is that we have 10 days to go before the new season.

by Anonymousreply 32August 27, 2023 2:53 AM

Women ranked by net worth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33August 29, 2023 10:53 PM

r33, it is a stupid post, but a perfect example of NYC multi-millionaires who are fairly middle class. Billionaires have dropped them into the middle class. To me, rich begins when your investment income, capital gains, is excess to your needs.

A] Can someone figure out what the total cost of living in NYC is for a family of 4 is?

Current investment accounts are paying 5%.

Can someone tell me what bulk capital cash, paying at 5%, would yield the figure in A?

To me, THAT is rich. NO EARNED INCOME.

by Anonymousreply 34August 29, 2023 11:17 PM

By my calculations, ten million dollars generates $500K a year at 5 %.

That is the bottom line of rich. Ten Million Dollars.

Only Joy and Whoopi meet this criterion.

by Anonymousreply 35August 30, 2023 7:37 PM

Ten Million cash reserve.

by Anonymousreply 36August 30, 2023 7:37 PM

500K a year is only a couple of Birkin bags. What about the other 364 days?

by Anonymousreply 37August 30, 2023 8:57 PM

500k in unearned capital gains, on capital of 10 million dollars, TO ME, is rich and a lovable income in Manhattan.

by Anonymousreply 38August 31, 2023 8:20 PM

TUESDAY!

TUESDAY!

TUESDAY!

by Anonymousreply 39August 31, 2023 10:03 PM

There’s a new set this season. And a new cast photo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40September 1, 2023 12:46 AM

They brought back Barbara?

by Anonymousreply 41September 1, 2023 12:50 AM

Ana is eye fucking the camera in that photo.

by Anonymousreply 42September 1, 2023 1:19 AM

Which one of those clickbait links is the new table

by Anonymousreply 43September 1, 2023 1:53 AM

Nobody's watching? Whoopi is out with covid. I like the new set.

by Anonymousreply 44September 5, 2023 3:41 PM

Well, same set except the table. But they changed the color scheme.

by Anonymousreply 45September 5, 2023 3:46 PM

I'm shocked Ana was on today's show. Up until now they've been militant about Joy never working Monday, Whoopi never working Friday, and Ana never working any day but Monday and Friday. Even when they were pre-taping the Friday shows on Thursday and someone else was out for the live Thursday show, Ana wouldn't appear despite clearly being in the studio that day.

by Anonymousreply 46September 5, 2023 4:00 PM

R46, maybe they changed the terms of her contract. She's a pain in the ass always trying to moderate and change the topic. She did again today.

by Anonymousreply 47September 5, 2023 6:56 PM

Whoopi was out sick. That dominoes Joy's Mondays and Ana's regular schedule. It would have torpedoed the season opener if they weren't all there, and then Whoopi tests positive.

by Anonymousreply 48September 5, 2023 8:05 PM

Joy monitors another great episode.

by Anonymousreply 49September 6, 2023 9:47 PM

I guess they can't get actors on because of the strike? Are other daytime shows able to book actors?

by Anonymousreply 50September 6, 2023 11:56 PM

SSDD. Joy continues to live in her progressive bubble and can't understand why Biden is at 39% approval rate. Buy a clue, fellow eightysomething. Tell John Travolta we say hi.

Sunny's angry about what? What else - RACE. Wah, wah, wah. Lawyer voice. Wah, wah. wah. I suppose Sunny doesn't practice the art of staying in the present. Buddha says you need to evolve. Have you ever noticed her eyes widen and her voice rises when she's shoveling what she tries to pass off as fact. In reality it's just another one of her petty digs aimed at a subject who is on her endless list of perceived mortal enemies .

Ana - Once again tries to moderate and shuts Sunny down telling her it's her turn to speak. Shuts her down a second time. There's a reason why she's not a full-time co-host and residing in FL has nothing to do with it.

Mama's boy convo. Sunny is the queen.

Joe Jonas and wife say bye-bye marriage. Joy thinks the kids should not have to travel. Sounds tradtional, Joy. The nomadic progressives now have their washed-on-a-rock panties in a twist, for those who wear panties.

Guest; Reneé Rapp a supposed actress obviously not SAG. Singer, was on Broadway in Mean Girls. Sings a song and loves to use the word "like" like a lot. Oh, and she's Bi (capital B.) Seems like a nice kid.

Martina Navratilova is still alive. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 51September 7, 2023 4:08 PM

Sunny really lives in her own world. Case in point, calling Nikki Haley a hypocrite while ranting against private schools and then Alyssa pointing out that Sunny herself went to private school.

But my favorite was yesterday when she said the Democratic party should rally behind Kamala if Biden doesn't run. In what world would that be a good idea? Kamala has lower approval ratings than Biden and her last presidential campaign was a disaster. Sunny also trotted out her "you can't win without the black vote" spiel, which may be true, but Kamala has done nothing to prove she would successfully turn out black voters. If anything, her 2020 run showed that many black voters don't respond to her.

by Anonymousreply 52September 7, 2023 4:41 PM

Biden has been through the Reagan Recession and the Republican S&L dissolution, and EIGHT years of DOUBLE DIGIT inflation.

Biden was in charge of the Obama economic reconstruction after the Bush Economic meltdown. He was thwarted by Republicans who wanted regular Americans to suffer for their stupidity.

Biden flooded the nation with cash during and after the pandemic with the American Rescue Plan Act. He did what no Republican would ever do. And now we have a smidgen of inflation, but almost everyone has a good paying job.

Biden's other accomplishments are great, but the biggest is also his most confounding. He saved the nation from pain. There were no long lines for Food Stamps. There were no long unemployment lines. There were no swelling of middle class medical bankruptcies. There was no need because Biden managed us out of the PAIN. Republicans like for us poor people to suffer. They cut taxes on the rich and cut programs for the rest of us.

Whether you know it or not, Biden is CONTINUING to Build Back Better.

Oh, and that TPP that Republicans got rid of because they could not squeeze a profit out of it?

Biden reoriented it as a NATO security alliance for the Pacific. Biden is slowly coalescing a TPTO. Trans Pacific Treaty Organization. He quietly enrolled VIETNAM last month. Biden is freaking amazing.

He is Lincoln, FDR and LBJ all rolled together. He is quietly working behind the Trump noise. Next August, Trump and the Republican Senators will not know what happened to them.

by Anonymousreply 53September 7, 2023 6:04 PM

R52, for me, that's why Sunny has zero credibility. She will always back the person of color unless they're a black man who is/was married to a white woman.

I would trust her reasoning if she would just lay out facts about the person. Like in Kamala's case instead of listing her supposed strengths and accomplishments she usually starts bitching about racism (yet again) or blaming the low poll numbers on the fact she is a woman. Kamala's a trainwreck and Biden is too damn old, I don't care what R53 believes. Lastly, Hunter is an absolute prick. He's a spoiled, selfish asshole who is dragging his father down.

by Anonymousreply 54September 7, 2023 7:55 PM

Hunter bashing, r54? Well, at least you're transparent.

by Anonymousreply 55September 7, 2023 8:09 PM

1) Every Elected President runs for a second term. Only LBJ and the Vietnam war were different.

2) Biden is a perfect president to take white people into plurality status.

by Anonymousreply 56September 7, 2023 8:56 PM

R55, Hunter's an over-indulged brat and he IS dragging his father down into the gutter with him. How is that "transparent?" Now we all have to get in line and pretend Hunter's not an asshole or we're not considered good litle Democrats? Get lost.

by Anonymousreply 57September 8, 2023 3:18 AM

Weiss is charging him with the same bullshit misdemeanors. Taken to trial, acquittals.

by Anonymousreply 58September 8, 2023 6:07 AM

You've gotta love these bitches. In the first segment they're extolling the virtues of immigrants who are flooding NYC. In the second segment they're talking about their fear of this escaped murderer who emigrated from Brazil. Okay. Oh, and Joy is now fine with arming the locals with assault weapons in order to protect themselves against this virtuous immigrant. Okay.

Benjamin Crump has a new grift. I wonder how Fearless Fund's 501(c) was approved if the tenets of the non-profit are in violation of the terms. I suppose the founders showed bias. 'Instill fear" Ha, that's a black dog whistle. Yup.

Joy has some sort of bias against the color blue. Gay wedding. Outside. 500 guests. Must wear blue and white. Everyone say a prayer for Joy this weekend.

Last guest, chef Alex. Not familiar with her but she's funnier than any of the comedians they've had on in the last few years.

by Anonymousreply 59September 8, 2023 4:11 PM

I hope Whoopi returns today. The women were BLAND last week.

by Anonymousreply 60September 11, 2023 8:20 AM

They just had a long discussion on how Republican donors were concerned about Tim Scott's single status and nobody brought up the obvious reason for the "concern." They also didn't mention Lindsey Graham, who also ran for president, and his single status.

by Anonymousreply 61September 12, 2023 3:29 PM

Yeah, that was surprising to me. I figured at least Joy would have mentioned that him being single *might* lead to speculation that he's gay. Surely it came up in the hot topics meeting at least? I can only guess they were worried Fox News or the NYPost would run a story saying The View was questioning his sexuality and decided not to give them that kind of gift.

by Anonymousreply 62September 12, 2023 5:03 PM

It is quite noticable that the strikes have finally hit The View. Only Broadway, only foreign, only independent writers. HipHop.

by Anonymousreply 63September 14, 2023 6:14 AM

Ana's shading of Mooghan today was hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 64September 15, 2023 4:54 PM

R64 What did she say?

by Anonymousreply 65September 16, 2023 12:03 AM

Yeah, I didn't hear her refer to or even imply anything about Meghan.

by Anonymousreply 66September 16, 2023 12:30 AM

During the discussion about Hunter Biden's business dealings Ana said, "The amount of people who are spouses, even stupid siblings, you know the related thrice removed...God knows there are children who are not qualified to do *anything* that keep getting great jobs just based on their father's name." Then she did a little throat clearing and side glance, indicating she was referring to someone specific. It was obvious who she was talking about, which caused Sunny to laugh hysterically for the next 30 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 67September 16, 2023 12:51 AM

OK. I took that as a reference to the Trumps or Kushner.

by Anonymousreply 68September 16, 2023 12:55 AM

It wasn't a specific McCunt slam but a general statement about people like her.

by Anonymousreply 69September 16, 2023 2:10 AM

At least I can pronounce ‘Lilliputian!’

by Anonymousreply 70September 16, 2023 2:14 AM

On Wednesday’s show Sunny made the assumption that Black voters wouldn’t vote for Biden if he “got rid of” Harris. I’m getting fucking tired of Sunny speaking for Black voters. They’re not a monolith. At least Joy tried to say Sunny was “underestimating” Black voters but Alyssa and Sunny were talking over her.

by Anonymousreply 71September 16, 2023 2:37 AM

Yeah that discussion about Kamala made me roll my eyes yet again at Sunny. She shot down Alyssa’s suggestion of Val Demmings as VP because “black women aren’t interchangeable.” But if Kamala were to step down you know she’d *insist* on another black woman, so I guess in that case they would be interchangeable.

by Anonymousreply 72September 16, 2023 2:46 AM

Sunny-Bunny becomes more full of herself with every show and it just can't be squelched. You know what would really snap her into reality? If her dear husband Manny-Bannee got caught cheating on her. Can you imagine! I'd love it. I wonder who it would be and what she might do. The prospect is a little fantasy I hold dear to my sweaty nards. Man-nee! Man-nee! Man-nee! Just do it!

by Anonymousreply 73September 16, 2023 6:15 AM

Today's show should be titled: Enabling those with whom you agree.

First Segment: Whoopi defends Fetterman's choice of dress which consists of hoodies and shorts. Schumer changed the dress code of the Senate in order to accomodate this walking lobotomy. Changes such as this seem minor but this is how the foundations of society begin to crumble. Put on a friggin' suit and do your damn job. As for you Whoopi you can head out to Woodstock in your migrant inspired Garanaminal wear, and sit in an empty field while you share your pearls of wisom with the squirrels. I bet she can't cross her legs when she sits.

Second Segment: Larry David and Elon Musk walk into a bar...actually they are intentionally seated next to each other at a wedding in order to see sparks fly. David accuses Musk of being in favor of child murder because he votes R, Musk disagrees. Larry you're at a wedding just eat your damn appetizer and make small talk. Another societal foundation crumbling. Dinner decorum matters.

Segment Three: Lauren Boebert is still a lying, classless, vaping, crotch-grabbing Senator. Yes, Senator. This just in - going forth she will only grab the crotches of R men. Ds are now a no-go zone. Go sit next to Fetterman. Another crack in the foundation.

Segment Four: Best friends with your spouse. These segments make me lactate. I don't really give a fuck. Sunny and the pulling of the plug. She's in for a rude awakening if she ever takes ill. Actually with Manny at the helm I'm guessing she won't wake up at all. Whoopi and Sunny disagree about parent and child behaving like friends. Sunny does not want to be friends with her mother or children. Whoopi has to school her about being friends with her daughter. Whoopi didn't you have your daughter when you were like twelve? Of course you're friends. You grew up together. Seven abortions but somehow this one was spared.

Segment Five: Guest is Matt Gutman, author of the book No Time To Panic. Anxiety Aattacks-R-Us. Hasn't he been talking about this for years? Time to make bank, I suppose. Joy is a moron trying to give the guy a panic attack. Alyssa suffers from panic attacks. Sunny suffers from panic attacks. I believe Sara also suffers from panic attacks. Matt is starting to sound like a preacher with a message. "You are not alone." When you're having a panic attack you could be in a crowd of thousands and you are completely alone.

by Anonymousreply 74September 19, 2023 3:58 PM

It was nice to see Sara's husband and kids on Monday

by Anonymousreply 75September 20, 2023 1:08 AM

Wake up on the wrong side of the bed again R74?

Why watch if you dislike it this much?

by Anonymousreply 76September 20, 2023 1:19 AM

No R76, it's referred to as sarcastic humor. Something this site used to enjoy. Are you autistic or just a self-righteous type of person?

As for today's show, what shitshow. An entire segment lost because Whoopi decided to go after Joy. Live!!!

by Anonymousreply 77September 20, 2023 3:45 PM

R77, they have no writers and sometimes real time reality show pokes its ugly head.

by Anonymousreply 78September 20, 2023 10:09 PM

No R78, Whoopi just snapped at Joy again. She used to coast now she has to actually prepare notes and keep them in order. Oh, the horror! She's completely unprofessional and she's obviously threatened by Joy and her Monday moderating role.

by Anonymousreply 79September 21, 2023 3:22 PM

Oops, I meant Friday moderatation.

by Anonymousreply 80September 21, 2023 3:23 PM

The Ana thank you notes were hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 81September 22, 2023 5:35 AM

Ana is just getting annoying. She wants to be the comedian, but it doesn't work for her. You're a lawyer, so stop trying to be witty.

by Anonymousreply 82September 22, 2023 5:41 AM

I hate lawyers who try to be witty. I, on the other hand, am sophisticated and haughty.

by Anonymousreply 83September 22, 2023 7:12 AM

Sunny was in (not so) rare form again today, ranting about Nikki Haley being a hypocrite for writing a blurb for Vivek's book and then trashing him in the debate. Meanwhile, no one pointed out that her idol Kamala trashed Biden in the debates and then agreed to be his VP.

by Anonymousreply 84September 29, 2023 1:56 AM

The show has improved tenfold now that the writers are back.

by Anonymousreply 85September 29, 2023 7:06 AM

On today's podcast Sunny said she's confident, which some people mistake for arrogance. Sadly, the podcast doesn't include a laugh track, which should rightly have accompanied that exchange.

by Anonymousreply 86October 4, 2023 1:04 AM

Reason why Whoopi was missing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 13, 2023 2:16 AM

Today they talked about Will and Jada. Sunny mentioned that the two had grown up in very different environments and that Jada grew up around and was used to seeing open relationships. Someone asked why Will, who wasn't used to that, would have agreed and Sunny said "because he obviously loved her so much." You just know if the situation was reversed and Will was the one who wanted the open marriage that she would have railed about how no way in hell would she ever let her man sleep with someone else. But since they were discussing another black woman Sunny barely said a word.

by Anonymousreply 88October 17, 2023 8:14 PM

He could have kept her as a side piece and baby momma. It would have hidden his DL activities.

by Anonymousreply 89October 17, 2023 10:10 PM

Some baby mama. Those two freaks they sired are a walking ad for birth control.

by Anonymousreply 90October 18, 2023 6:48 AM

I like how they dropped the table for the regular chairs. Joy is no longer hiking her ass onto a bar stool and sliding off and injuring herself.

by Anonymousreply 91October 19, 2023 6:26 PM

Dicks the Musical got good blurb-o-mat.

The bad thing is that, Bowen Yang is a thing.

by Anonymousreply 92October 19, 2023 9:07 PM

Ana made another not so thinly veiled attack at Meghan when discussing nepo babies today. She said the ones people object to are the ones who start every sentence with "My father or my mother" and make everyone's lives miserable by acting like brats because they know they can't be fired. Sara then said something about how some nepo babies actually work harder to prove themselves and Ana said "not here."

by Anonymousreply 93October 20, 2023 4:38 PM

Funny, but they bleeped Ana saying cojones Friday.

It was a odd week when I heard the phrase pissed off used. Is there a quota?

by Anonymousreply 94October 21, 2023 7:35 PM

Was there one interesting segment this week?

by Anonymousreply 95November 4, 2023 1:21 AM

I hate Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 96November 4, 2023 1:37 AM

Here's one, R95.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97November 4, 2023 1:17 PM

Let me know when both Trump and DeSantis step on a scale in bare feet and have their height and weight measured in court.

by Anonymousreply 98November 4, 2023 7:42 PM

I think today’s Thanksgiving episode was the first time that all 6 women have appeared together since they announced Ana and Alyssa as full-time hosts. And even then I don’t think they appeared other than for the announcement.

by Anonymousreply 99November 23, 2023 3:33 AM

That's because Ana is a regular fill in Mondays and Fridays.

by Anonymousreply 100November 23, 2023 5:45 AM

They have throttled political Hot Topics.

Officially boring, but we'll have to see what happens after the first of the year.

by Anonymousreply 101December 5, 2023 11:35 PM

Not sure what you mean. They do Hot Topics, including tons of politics, every day. Today they spent 2 segments talking about anti-semitism on college campuses.

by Anonymousreply 102December 6, 2023 6:59 PM

Ana shit talked Meghan again without naming names. Now Meghan is whining that she wants to sue. And yet she wonders why everyone thinks she's a whiny little bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103December 15, 2023 3:00 PM

Moogan, sweetie, you ARE a crime.

by Anonymousreply 104December 15, 2023 3:30 PM

Any Hot Topics discussion about the resigned President of Harvard ? Or are they keeping quiet ?

by Anonymousreply 105January 4, 2024 5:21 PM

They will let that one settle til it is a not so hot topic.

by Anonymousreply 106January 4, 2024 5:24 PM

Has Kate Hudson inherited her mother's Facial Fillers?

by Anonymousreply 107January 4, 2024 5:41 PM

Kate looked puffy. She also should cut her hair.

by Anonymousreply 108January 4, 2024 9:13 PM

They didn't talk about the criminal who attacked the female judge in the courtroom (she looked like Streisand). I wonder why ? This would be right up Sunny's alley

by Anonymousreply 109January 4, 2024 10:52 PM

Ana's birthday celebration included a drag brunch and her admonition for active support of the gay community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110January 5, 2024 7:58 PM

Ana has lost some weight.

by Anonymousreply 111January 5, 2024 11:18 PM

[quote]Ana has lost some weight.

She says it's because of a retreat she made.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 6, 2024 12:55 AM

R112 She needs to come forth and tell the truth - Ozempic. Her birthday bash was awful. Who produced that segment ?

by Anonymousreply 113January 6, 2024 3:38 PM

r113, It seems that she wanted to do a promo for the Drag Bar and its gay owners, but ABC made a conscious decision to emphasize the birthday only. That is why the food came out, and disappeared, and the segment was split to an opening presentation and a dance number to close. This was made obvious when Ana introduced the lovely owners and the camera froze on a wide-shot, never showing them. It was noticeable that ABC did not want them on screen. If I had to guess, Brian produced the segment himself, as it involved airfare and accommodations from Miami for all the Queens.

by Anonymousreply 114January 6, 2024 3:45 PM

R114 I thought it was funny whenever the camera shot to AFG, she had an 'distanced' look on her face and didn't look too happy with the food they put in front of her. I don't think I saw her eat anything - as a matter of fact, it looked like she moved it aside. You can tell she was NOT on board with that. Sunny didn't look too interested in it, either.

Not sure how Ana became the spokesperson for 'Florida Drag Queens'.

by Anonymousreply 115January 7, 2024 10:50 PM

Whoopi and Joy sure do love Liz Cheney.

by Anonymousreply 116January 11, 2024 12:52 PM

I thought the Cheney interview was very well done. The ladies put their political differences aside, as this was not the interview for that. She was there to promote her book 'Oath and Honor', which had to do with Jan 6. Everyone at that table - including Cheney - was on the same side what should be the future of Trump. It was rather nice to see these women with opposing views of the guest aim for the same goal, and have a cordial, common bond. (The same for Rachel Maddow when she had Cheney on a month ago).

Yes, we can put our differences aside and focus on what matters most as Americans.

by Anonymousreply 117January 11, 2024 1:52 PM

They all agree that they hate Trump.

by Anonymousreply 118January 11, 2024 4:55 PM

R118 Yes - the common enemy always brings friends and foes together. They were very nice to Chris Christie last week, too. They made it clear they were on opposite ends of the political rope, but they were all there for one common goal - to stop Trump from being President. And they could all agree on that.

by Anonymousreply 119January 11, 2024 6:25 PM

The enemy of my enema is my friend.

by Anonymousreply 120January 11, 2024 10:38 PM

Am I crazy, but has Sara been assigned the crazy conservative position now that Alyssa is an important Federal Witness?

by Anonymousreply 121January 25, 2024 11:03 PM

I don’t think Sara seems conservative at all. Frankly, neither does Alyssa though. She’s not a religious nut, is pro choice, pro gun control, and pro lgbt. I’m not even sure why she identifies as a republican considering they aren’t even the party of small government anymore with the book bans and telling parents they can’t decide how to help their own kids who are trans.

by Anonymousreply 122January 25, 2024 11:44 PM

Sara has said over and over again (especially the past few weeks when the Caucus / Primary season started) that she's an "Independent who leans liberal". She's also their 'go-to-point-person when it comes to mental health issues (she suffers from depression - so ask her anything!) and LGBTQ+ issues (her brother is gay - so ask her anything!)

Alyssa is a staunch republican, but she says over and over again - 'not a Trump Republican'. She's a traditional conservative who is rooting for Niki Haley, and also a supporter of Liz Cheney since Day One (January 7, 2021). She sides with Sununu, Cheney, Haley, Christie and Romney. She believes she's a "Never Trump" er. At times, she has also referred to herself as a 'woman of color' since her ethnicity is Mid-Eastern.

by Anonymousreply 123January 26, 2024 12:36 AM

Whoopi has one political belief and that is star fuckery. She will defend a famous person and side with them in any dispute.

Except Rosie O.

She hates Rosie

by Anonymousreply 124January 26, 2024 1:33 AM

Has anyone noticed how long winded Ana has gotten? I used to really enjoy her, but now I feel like she dominates every conversation by going on and on.

by Anonymousreply 125January 26, 2024 3:34 PM

Ana also thinks she's the 'comedienne' on the show. I don't think Joy appreciates that.

by Anonymousreply 126January 26, 2024 4:28 PM

WTF was with all the Elmo hate on the show today?

Dis Sara lose her mind?

by Anonymousreply 127February 2, 2024 11:50 PM

[quote]Ana also thinks she's the 'comedienne' on the show. I don't think Joy appreciates that.

to be fair, Joy hasn't said anything funny in years.

by Anonymousreply 128February 3, 2024 12:24 AM

Today's show was awful. They discussed Chris Christie's comments about Biden not being the strongest candidate the Democrats could run, but basically talked over and shouted down Alyssa's very well reasoned comments about how a fresher face might be a stronger candidate. Worse, Whoopi kept insisting "it doesn't matter because it's gonna be Biden." Yes, we know it's Biden. The point of the discussion is whether it *should* be Biden. Jesus. Whoopi also did her usual nonsense filibustering when a discussion of polls came up, insisting it's up to *us* to decide. Does she genuinely think people don't know the difference between polling and voting? I get that she doesn't like polls, but she shuts down every conversation about polls with this same nonsensical interjection every time. It's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 129February 6, 2024 9:43 PM

R129, we live in a reality show time and when contestant's are voted off the island weekly, it is easy to confuse polling with voting. People need to brush up their civics and how government does not run like a reality game show.

by Anonymousreply 130February 6, 2024 9:47 PM

Will Sunny be paying reparations to the descendants of the slaves her ancestors owned?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131February 7, 2024 2:54 PM

Actor Billy Dee Williams, 86, sat for one of the most uncomfortable interviews this season as he was promoting his new memoir. He didn't seem too interested in answering questions as he seemed to be in a 'zombie' state of mind, and it didn't help the energy at the table with Whoopi sitting at the head of the table with her chin resting in the palm of her hand, looking as bored as can be.

Credit to the other women for fawning all over him (especially Sunny), but he seemed disinterested.

Joy tried to spark up the conversation when she brought up his two movies from the 1970s which he costarred with Diana Ross ("Lady Sings The Blues", "Mahogany"). They played a clip from 'Mahogany', and the Behar mentioned Ross has been on the show before and she's a legend. She then prods Williams - Tell us about Diana Ross. What was it like working with her ?" , hoping to get some gossip and whip up the conversation.

Williams sluggishly replied, "We were like two children having fun in a sandbox. It was fun to work with her."

And that topic came to a close, as he said nothing else - Behar looked at the audience with a smirk, as if to say "I tried..." Billy went back into his zombie mode.

by Anonymousreply 132February 13, 2024 4:28 PM

Billy Dee Williams was slow talking and slow responding.

Pretty boy just got old.

by Anonymousreply 133February 13, 2024 5:41 PM

He’s not old. He’s as young and vital as ever!

by Anonymousreply 134February 13, 2024 5:56 PM

Not sure why they had him on promoting his book - he was out of it. I wonder if he was medicated ?

by Anonymousreply 135February 14, 2024 12:18 AM

Here is the interview.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 14, 2024 1:14 AM

I like when he shut Sunny down - 'Everyone's a person of color'. She then clarified, 'well, a black man' and he countered again with - 'a brown man'. He wasn't having any of her nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 137February 14, 2024 1:24 AM

He sounds like a waste of time on a talk show. Not that Whoopi is helpful to the interview.

He and Babs Streisand waited too long to put out memoirs.

by Anonymousreply 138February 14, 2024 1:29 AM

If Babs had such a tough time selling hers , can you imagine what a flop his will be ?

I really sensed he didn't like Sunny at all, no matter how much she gushed all over him.

by Anonymousreply 139February 14, 2024 1:32 AM

Today they had chipmunk faced Amy Schumer on - for two segments - pushing her new series. I'm not a Schumer fan, can't understand her appeal at all, yet they act like she's the funniest person on earth.

by Anonymousreply 140February 14, 2024 3:45 PM

Amy is the face of The View, viewer Frau.

White, middle-aged, cute, funny and obese.

Of course, they love her.

She IS the suburbs.

by Anonymousreply 141February 14, 2024 5:24 PM

ABC has wised up and placed the View Your Deal Profit Machine just after Hot Topics today on the Presidents' Day Pre-record.

Too many people turning The View off after the Cleleb Blurb-o-Mat.

by Anonymousreply 142February 19, 2024 6:07 PM

VYD wasn't a segment today. Instead, they did their 'mini infomercial' with 'Bed Bath and Beyond' (which has nothing to do with the chain that closed last year - some internet company only bought their name) selling bedroom stuff that got Sunny all excited. And it happened way after Hot Topics and after the celeb interview.

by Anonymousreply 143February 19, 2024 6:21 PM

My point was that it wasn't at the end of the show.

Is BBB still alive?

by Anonymousreply 144February 19, 2024 6:49 PM

What a difference a guest makes, I guess.

Speaker Hakeem Jeffries dropped by THE VIEW today, and did his usual talking points which all visiting pols do on the show. I like HJ - he's very amiable and engaging (yet, so are many of the others - whether I like their politics or not).

Whoopi pulled a 180 of her usual self. She didn't sit in her chair with her chin in her hand and look bored. She didn't make side eyes to the audience as she usually does with the majority of the guests. She was actually engaged, sparked conversation and asked questions. I wonder what woke her up ?

by Anonymousreply 145February 21, 2024 3:52 PM

Who was Joy taking a dig at with her nepotism comment? I'd assume Meghan, but she mentioned the person having a business, which I don't think Meghan does.

by Anonymousreply 146February 21, 2024 4:43 PM

I thought it was towards the Trump kids.

by Anonymousreply 147February 21, 2024 4:53 PM

I believe she was taking a dig at McCain first, as McCain started her own production company last year. Then Whoopi gave her 'the eye' and she changed it to Ivanka Trump.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 148February 21, 2024 4:57 PM

Sara's husband is hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149February 23, 2024 4:34 AM

Sunny is a classic example of why Catholics should never be given a microscope.

She needs to go back to implantation or miscarriage, quickening, viability.

Fertilization is silly, fetal heartbeat is silly [no heart only a throbbing proto nerve, not a heart],

by Anonymousreply 150February 23, 2024 5:21 PM

Naturally, Sunny brought up the Alabama decision as being 'racist' which none of the other hosts were agreeing with - especially Sara.

by Anonymousreply 151February 23, 2024 6:15 PM

When they were talking about Larry David attacking Elmo and Joy said he's just felt and not real, I lol’d when Ana said Elmo could be considered a baby in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 152February 23, 2024 6:33 PM

Sunny's comments about the Alabama decision made literally no sense. The point she was trying to make might have worked with abortion (i.e. forcing more white women to have babies to counter a diversifying population), but makes no sense with IVF, which is mostly used by white women. Rather than just let it go, though, she then pivoted and tried to say it was anti-LGBT since gay couples use IVF. That just undermined her initial point even more since it's mostly white gay couples who are using IVF and having white babies. Frankly, the argument wouldn't work for abortion either since rich white women can still access the procedure and it's mostly poorer women of color who will be forced to carry babies to term, thereby increasing the minority population and not the white population. Sunny is frequently accused of making everything about race, which she always denies, but this was a pretty glaring example of exactly that.

by Anonymousreply 153February 23, 2024 7:12 PM

Give Sunny a break; her month is coming to an end. You can criticize her in seven days.

by Anonymousreply 154February 23, 2024 7:35 PM

R153 Exactly. That's why the other ladies were shooting her down and disagreeing with her. Even dumb Sara mentioned it was wealthy white women who could afford IVF, not minorities. Sunny made zero sense - and she caught herself too late. She then tried to say it was against 'gay people'.

by Anonymousreply 155February 23, 2024 8:47 PM

I thought it was wonderful today that Woopi schooled Michigan pro-Palestinian protesters on the eve of the Michigan primary.

You don't get bitchy before a vote and demand shit, you work like hell to get Democrats elected and THEN demand shit.

This is why we have had the peaceful transfer of power. The LGBT+ community has known this for decades.

You work like hell to get your people elected, demonstrate your voter block power, and then you pull out your chair at the table.

Hey, pro-Palestinian voters in Michigan, how about going to vote in support of the candidate who actually has your back rather than the one who will have Palestinians in America pick out their Concentration Camp.

THAT SHIT WOULD HAVE ME RUNNING TO THE BOX TO VOTE FOR BIDEN.

by Anonymousreply 156February 27, 2024 7:53 PM

It's a political stunt by Tlaib to get her name in the media to secure her base. She knows they ain't voting for Trump, but she hopes to become a "power broker" like Al Sharpton.

by Anonymousreply 157February 28, 2024 12:08 PM

R157, good for her, but power brokers only get power AFTER their candidates are elected.

Ask James Clyburn.

by Anonymousreply 158February 28, 2024 12:39 PM

Today they were discussing the 'Non committal' votes in the Michigan primary for Biden. It sounds like Sunny is on the side of Palestine, while the other four are not. Was I following along correctly ?

by Anonymousreply 159February 28, 2024 4:19 PM

Are there black people in Palestine? That would be the only reason Sunny speaks up on anything.

by Anonymousreply 160February 28, 2024 4:30 PM

Sunny has spoken fairly supportively of Israel in the past. I think today she was only expressing support for the "uncommitted" vote as a way to make sure that Biden was getting a message before the actual election in which it's really important that he carry Michigan.

by Anonymousreply 161February 28, 2024 5:32 PM

Sunny is a pain in the ass. She has been more painful and insufferable than usual this month. One of the -Hey I'm talking here- techniques she loves to use is the one where she purposely refuses to look the others in the eyes while on one of her long-winded diatribes. This is how she pushes her points across, by refusing to see or hear anyone else at the damn table. She stares purposefully out at nowhere, then stares down at the table with her blind to the world look and attitude. I find her offensive as Hell. Guess I'll just keep hoping she will be replaced one day.

On to Ana Navarro. She is meh. Why is she so unhappy most of the time? The old husband?

Whoopi has recently lost a shit-ton of weight. Anyone else notice this? Maybe she jumped on the weight loss shots wagon. No one has said anything about how thin she has gotten. She continues to cover this up with potato sacks for clothes. Bet she walks out one day in something clingy and it blows a lot of minds. Wait and see!

Soon the entire world will be thin - or dead - can't decide. I have a feeling these shots aren't the great news everyone seems to think they are.

by Anonymousreply 162March 1, 2024 12:45 AM

You are so right about Sunny. When she tries to prove she's smarter than the others, she babbles on and stares down at the center of the table - doesn't make eye contact.

I noticed when they returned in January that Whoopi was notably thinner - especially in her face and chin. They don't say anything - maybe if they discuss WW and Oprah tomorrow, she might talk about herself ? (Then again, they never mentioned how thin Oprah has become in the past 8 months).

Ana - I really can't watch her. Please get rid of her.

by Anonymousreply 163March 1, 2024 12:52 AM

It was so nice to see guest Dr Jen Ashton go at it with Sunny on the IVF debate (is an embryo a baby?) and shut Sunny down. Ashton was not having it - and certainly not from Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 164March 1, 2024 4:26 PM

Yeah, Ashton totally crushed it with Sunny. Sunny kept insisting all the ways an embryo could eventually turn into a baby. I was half expecting Ashton to turn to Sunny and ask if she still gets her period and if cries since that could maybe be a baby.

by Anonymousreply 165March 1, 2024 5:23 PM

Ashton's take down of Sunny today was almost as good as when Ann Coulter took down Raven a few years ago (that was the best scene on 'The View' - even better than the Rosie / Hasslebeck fight).

Raven tried to school Coulter on 'being nice to people' and Coulter reminded her she was criticizing political policy, she wasn't criticizing someone's personal choice to name their kid 'Watermelonrama' like Raven did on the show a few days earlier.

And that was the end of Raven.

by Anonymousreply 166March 1, 2024 5:27 PM

Dr. Ashton was peeling off all the religious mumbo jumbo that is fucking up the Republican Criminalization of the female vagina.

Go Dr. Ashton!

by Anonymousreply 167March 1, 2024 5:28 PM

Joy is a much better moderator than Whoopi because she does not step in to a discussion early. She actually lets women express THEIR VIEWS.

by Anonymousreply 168March 1, 2024 6:02 PM

Joy also shows interest and enthusiasm with each topic and each guest - unlike Whoopi who shows complete disinterest 90% of the time.

by Anonymousreply 169March 1, 2024 6:10 PM

Here is the interview with Dr. Ashton for anyone who hasn't seen it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 2, 2024 11:33 AM

Today, they talked about age differences in relationships. Whoopi said she's dated guys older than she and younger than she. "Actually, one of the last relationships I was in, he was 40 years older than me," she closed the conversation with. Joy did manage to say, 'Really ? Is he still alive ?' and Whoopi nodded yes.

So Whoopi's 68, and she has a former partner who is still alive at 108 ? WOW !

by Anonymousreply 171March 7, 2024 3:44 PM

[quote] So Whoopi's 68, and she has a former partner who is still alive at 108 ? WOW !

I’m a humorist. So stop looking it up, 'cause that’s what I know is happening,

by Anonymousreply 172March 7, 2024 4:14 PM

Is Stormy Daniels on drugs? She's acting very weird.

by Anonymousreply 173March 21, 2024 3:41 PM

I was wondering if she’s on steroids because her face is so puffy.

by Anonymousreply 174March 21, 2024 4:44 PM

She was definitely on something this morning. You can tell the hosts were really trying to do an informative interview with her, but she was all over the place like a helium balloon. I hope she's better as a witness in the trial.

by Anonymousreply 175March 21, 2024 5:55 PM

Can they please replace Sara Haynes with Chelsea Clinton ? Please ? Haines offers nothing to the show. Clinton offers intelligent responses and makes great conversation.

by Anonymousreply 176March 22, 2024 3:38 PM

I'd rather Chelsea replace Sunny.

by Anonymousreply 177March 22, 2024 3:44 PM

Chelsea is the daughter of two Fulbright scholars and has a PhD in Political Science.

She is more positioned to replace Rachel Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 178March 22, 2024 5:05 PM

I love her parents, but I really dislike Chelsea.

by Anonymousreply 179March 22, 2024 10:43 PM

Today I'm distracted by whatever Ana has over her tits. Is she wearing a corset over her shirt?

by Anonymousreply 180March 25, 2024 3:35 PM

You can tell Anna has also been on weight-loss injections. She has really slimmed down over the past few months.

by Anonymousreply 181March 25, 2024 4:03 PM

Looks like they are on vacation this week (it began last Friday). The shows have been 'previously recorded' - probably recorded over the last two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 182April 1, 2024 4:10 PM

I hate the way they always kiss Whoopi's ass. They always mention how she is an EGOT winner. They laud her film career. Whoopi hadn't had a hit film since 1992, that's the reason why she joined The View.

by Anonymousreply 183April 1, 2024 4:23 PM

I've always said it must be in her contract that every guest must come out and sing her praises before the interview begins. They must recollect on working with her (even if it was for five minutes on a movie set), or it must be about what an inspiration she was to them for starting their movie /comedy career, when they were just a child in the 80s and watching her HBO special. It's really getting out of hand.

by Anonymousreply 184April 1, 2024 4:31 PM

I’m pretty sure they were off on Friday and today but will be back tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 185April 1, 2024 4:37 PM

They haven't had a 'vacation' since December, when they took the last two weeks off. They're due for another - I think this week is vacation week for them after working three full months.

by Anonymousreply 186April 1, 2024 5:01 PM

R185, “The View” was “live” this morning.

by Anonymousreply 187April 1, 2024 6:38 PM

The View was Prerecorded today. I think they did a whole week of Prerecords for Spring Break.

Every segment was a Disney Brurb-o-mat except for the A-Block.

by Anonymousreply 188April 1, 2024 8:01 PM

R188, Spring break? Classes have resumed at all colleges.

by Anonymousreply 189April 1, 2024 8:13 PM

R187 No - it was pre-recorded last week. There was a disclaimer on the screen when Whoopi began the show saying the audience looked familiar (they taped the shows back to back with the same audience on those days). I'm pretty positive it's pre-recorded for the whole week while they're on vacation, as I originally said in 182.

You can tell when the show is live or pre-recorded by the announcer in the beginning. When she says "The View starts right now" - it's not live. For live shows she says, 'The View starts LIVE right now'.

by Anonymousreply 190April 1, 2024 8:25 PM

This is a hell of a time for a normally “live” topical show to take an extended break, with breaking news events happening nearly every day.

by Anonymousreply 191April 1, 2024 9:40 PM

Breaking news events happen every single day - no matter when they take their scheduled breaks.

by Anonymousreply 192April 1, 2024 11:15 PM

I was wrong - The View is live today ! Not taking their SPRING break this week.

by Anonymousreply 193April 2, 2024 3:01 PM

So they just had a long Easter weekend.

Nice.

by Anonymousreply 194April 2, 2024 4:49 PM

Fire next door at a show no one watches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195April 10, 2024 8:23 PM

Does Whoopi have a line of overalls coming out? She's worn them three days in a row.

by Anonymousreply 196April 10, 2024 8:42 PM

The actor who was interviewed today almost forgot he had to do the obligatory 'Whoopi ass kissing' on the show - and finally squeezed it in at the very end of the interview. He told Whoopi how much she meant to him, and inspired him to be an actor. Someone behind the scenes must've whispered into his ear-piece "You gotta kiss Whoopi's ass ! You have less than 30 seconds!"

by Anonymousreply 197April 10, 2024 8:46 PM

It seemed like Whoopi Is expecting the obligatory ass kiss from whites, now. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 198April 10, 2024 9:51 PM

Candace Cameron Buree is selling her faith based Jesus movie of the week.

Does Jesus really prefer white people?

by Anonymousreply 199April 12, 2024 5:40 PM

I'm glad Whoopi wasn't there, because Candace would have had to tell her she was the inspiration to be an actress, once she saw her in 'The Color Purple'.

by Anonymousreply 200April 12, 2024 6:48 PM

I’ve watched The View with varying degrees of regularity over the years but the only time I tuned out completely was during the Raven and Candace years. I literally couldn’t possibly care less about the opinions of two washed up former child stars, particularly when one of them is a fundie nutjob.

by Anonymousreply 201April 12, 2024 7:52 PM

“The View” is blacked out in Massachusetts and New Hampshire today due to the Boston Marathon wall to wall coverage.

by Anonymousreply 202April 15, 2024 4:55 PM

You missed nothing. They started off with Trump's trial, and Whoopi didn't say a word - sat there with her chin in her hand and rolled her eyes a few times. Then moved on to Gov Sununu saying he will support Trump - same thing, with Whoopi not contributing. Then they brought out George Lopez and his daughter, and I turned it off.

by Anonymousreply 203April 15, 2024 6:26 PM

Really? According to news reports, Whoopi went on a major rant abou Sununu and even refused to stop talking when they started playing the music.

by Anonymousreply 204April 15, 2024 6:38 PM

That wasn't a major rant. She closed the segment by saying a few things, and as always - when she decided to speak they were getting ready to go to commercial and the music was playing (she does that all the time). But while the others were discussing Sununu, she sat there and rolled her eyes, turned to the audience and rolled her eyes, etc. She couldn't have been more disinterested.

by Anonymousreply 205April 15, 2024 6:44 PM

I don’t recall “The View” being so segment time restricted years ago, or maybe the breaks were more smoothly executed.

by Anonymousreply 206April 15, 2024 7:38 PM

I enjoyed the Sunday morning interview with Stephanopoulos and Sununu.

It was like watching a tennis match.

by Anonymousreply 207April 15, 2024 7:42 PM

Here it is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 16, 2024 12:35 PM

More talking about race today. ZZZZZZ. I guess Sunny has to have something to do. But they will never again book anyone who humiliates her and makes her look like a total fool as Coleman Hughes did.

by Anonymousreply 209April 17, 2024 2:30 AM

r209, EVERYTHING in politics regarding Trump is based in racism.

by Anonymousreply 210April 17, 2024 10:29 AM

Coleman Hughes was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 211April 17, 2024 2:17 PM

When did Asunción Cummings Hostin last practice law?

by Anonymousreply 212April 17, 2024 2:31 PM

Oh good - they had a cast reunion of the sitcom "A Different World" (1987-93) and everyone got a chance to kiss Whoopi's ass (thanks to Sara Haines for mentioning WG was once a guest star). Some of those cast members aged terribly (especially Jasmine Guy).

by Anonymousreply 213April 17, 2024 4:13 PM

I know Sunny has talked about being forced to change her name for TV and how proud she is of her actual first name but...Asunción is a terrible name. I don't know anyone could have ever gone as many years as she did without getting some kind of nickname.

by Anonymousreply 214April 17, 2024 6:01 PM

R214, Yet, Sunny repeatedly chastised Nikki Haley for not going by her birth name.

by Anonymousreply 215April 17, 2024 8:01 PM

My sister Nancy is an Anunciata. Her nickname is Nunz, rhymes with stroonz.

by Anonymousreply 216April 17, 2024 8:13 PM

R216, Thankfully, not Coonz.

by Anonymousreply 217April 17, 2024 9:47 PM

R215 And Anna called her out on that, which Sunny didn't like. At all.

by Anonymousreply 218April 17, 2024 10:59 PM

Ana's a name-dropping cunt with an ego bigger than her former weight. And I'm tired of her talking about "my gays." Kindly fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 219April 18, 2024 12:59 AM

R219, Ana’s prepared zingers are less funny than Joy’s and that’s pretty bad.

by Anonymousreply 220April 18, 2024 1:04 AM

R220, they must have spoken to her because she used to waste so much time building up to the punchline, it ate into the segment.

I also don't care for the way she tries to moderate the show. Watch her when she's back on Friday and see if she tries to override Joy's moderation.

I know she lives in Fl but I feel they did not add her as the fifth co-host because she's all ego and it affects the balance of the panel. I think she would have jumped at the offer.

by Anonymousreply 221April 18, 2024 1:16 AM

I'm sick of Anna talking about 'my drag queens'. If they need a representative on the show, I'd rather it was anyone else but her. I really can't stomach her. But I do love when she gets under Sunny's skin, and reminds Sunny she's a Latina, too.

by Anonymousreply 222April 18, 2024 1:55 AM

Sunny's barely a Latina. Didn't her genealogy reveal on Finding Your Roots say she was only 7% Puerto Rican?

For someone like Sunny who makes her race and ethnicity her entire identity, I'm surprised it hasn't sent her over the edge. Well, more over the edge.

by Anonymousreply 223April 18, 2024 4:43 AM

The animosity between Ana and Meghan was fun to observe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224April 18, 2024 6:50 AM

Sunny only refers to her Latin heritage when it benefits her argument. Otherwise, she is black 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 225April 18, 2024 12:00 PM

Don’t forget Sunny is also part Jewish, which she also mentions when it’s convenient.

by Anonymousreply 226April 18, 2024 3:21 PM

It was actually Sara who called Sunny out on also using a nickname when Sunny was criticizing Nikki Haley. Sunny responded by saying she did that because people couldn’t pronounce her full name due to a “lack of education” in this country. As if schools should be teaching kids how to pronounce foreign names? And Nikki Haley didn’t face the same issues with Nimrata?

by Anonymousreply 227April 18, 2024 3:24 PM

Who dressed Sunny in that astronaut costume today ?

And wasn't it priceless when Sunny was encouraging everyone to go see the revival of 'The Wiz' and Joy shot her down, saying tickets were too expensive along with all the other added expenses to go to the theater ?

by Anonymousreply 228April 18, 2024 3:30 PM

Star Jones’ birth name was Starlet.

by Anonymousreply 229April 18, 2024 3:50 PM

Rosie O'Donnell's real name is Roseann.

Joy Behar's real name is Josefina.

Whoopi's real name is Caryn.

by Anonymousreply 230April 18, 2024 4:07 PM

R228, Whoopi and Joy went on full bitch rant about the cost of traveling from NJ and on and on. They completely undermined Sunny's attempt to promote the show. At least I got a laugh out of it.

by Anonymousreply 231April 18, 2024 4:10 PM

I think the whole nicknames thing came about with Republicans going out of their way to say

Barack HUSSEIN Obama.

The same reason Gentleman Joe uses the full Joseph Robinette Biden.

There are lots of reasons Dimrata shunned her name and went with the stage name.

But I believe none of them have used aliases like, "John Barron" (or "John Baron"), "John Miller" and "David Dennison". All used FRAUDULENTLY.

by Anonymousreply 232April 18, 2024 4:12 PM

It's no surprise that Sunny raved about the revival of 'The Wiz', despite it got very mixed reviews from critics this morning.

by Anonymousreply 233April 18, 2024 4:19 PM

They're on vacation this week - just as the Trump trial gets going. Talk about bad timing.

by Anonymousreply 234April 23, 2024 3:20 PM

Did they take off a Spring Break week, and is this week a vacay catchup?

by Anonymousreply 235April 23, 2024 4:06 PM

This is their Spring break week.

by Anonymousreply 236April 23, 2024 5:19 PM

Sunny Hostin: Every criticism of Kamala Harris is rooted in racism and sexism.

Also Sunny Hostin: These college protests have nothing to do with anti-semitism.

by Anonymousreply 237April 30, 2024 7:35 PM

Sunny is so tiresome and predictable. She could be vacant from the show while they run an audio loop of her saying the words BLACK, HISPANIC, PUERTO RICAN, DISCRIMINATION, WHITES ARE RACIST. You wouldn't even know she was missing from the table.

by Anonymousreply 238April 30, 2024 8:01 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!